This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on June 14, 2013.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
It's that time again. Time to prepare your runners, to bring out the (friendly) trash talk, and to play a lot of Diablo II. I'm talking of course of the second MFO of the year!
Start time: June 28th 2013, 00:00 local time
End time: July 7th 2013, 11:59 PM local time
Total time - 10 days.
For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (updated scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.
No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.
- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas
-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:
Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Fabian
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
I will need 3 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.
Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered
-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.
Email your score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.
The list of entered participants will follow.
If you're entered, try to do your best.
And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.
Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later.
Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.
Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.
The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.
Summary of rules:
-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.
-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.
-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.
-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.
1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.
I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.
1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.
The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.
Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)
Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)
- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.
- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)
- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.
- One member may run more than one category.
- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.
- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.
Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.
- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.
- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.
- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.
- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.
That's it! Let the trash talking begin If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me here or email me at *redacted - Pb_pal*
2013 Winter MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread
2013 Winter MFO Results Thread
2013 Summer MFO Results Thread