MFO Summer 2012 Signups and Progress [by zgpmf]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @zgpmf on Aug 5, 2012.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Its time for a full blown, week long, Magic Find Olympics™

Supervisors:

Nagisa; Baal.
zgpmf; AT.
zgpmf; other 85 areas.
Anaesthesia; Pindle+.

List of participants

----
Baal
----
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]
Cyrax [1.13c SC FAM]
WoRG [1.13d SC FAM]
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]
SkaMan [1.13d HC FAM]
Fabian [1.13d SC FAM]
Paradigmshift [1.13d SC FAM]
Malicious [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
zgpmf [1.13d SC FAM]

--------
Ancient Tunnels
--------
Kimppi [1.13d SC FAM]
pharphis [1.13d HC FAM FTS]
Anaesthesia [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
Fabian [1.13d SC FAM]
frozzzen [1.13d SC FAM]
Pyrotechnician [1.13d HC FAM FTS]
Jason Maher [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
hernang [1.13d SC FAM Probation]

--------------
Other Level 85 Areas
--------------
pharphis [1.13d HC FAM FTS]
Nagisa [1.13d SC FAM]
zaphodbrx [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
WoRG [1.13d SC FAM]
Ilandalar [1.13d HC FAM]
Malevolent [1.13d SC FAM] FTS
Malicious [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
Thyiad [1.13d SC FAM]
Fabian [1.13d SC FAM]
FoE [1.13d HC FAM]
Pyrotechnician [1.13d HC FAM FTS]
zgpmf [1.13d SC FAM]
Jason [1.13d SC FAM]
horseheadnebula 1.13d SC FAM
bassano 1.13d SC FAM

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
zgpmf [1.13d SC FAM]
Kitteh [1.13d SC FAM]
zemaj [1.13d SC FAM]
Fabian [1.13d SC FAM]
Moar [1.13d SC FAM]
omg I can't believe I'm a nub and I linked PGS's trader profile [1.13d SC FAM]
Mr Teach [1.13d SC FAM Probation]
Jason [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
nulio [1.13d SC FAM]
scrcrw [1.13d SC FAM]
queenEm [1.13c SC FAM]
BaronScarpia [1.13d SC FAM FTS]
zaphodbrx [1.13d SC FAM FTS]

------
Teams
------
Team Kittens!!! - Paradigmshift, frozzzen, Nagisa, omgwtfbbqpwned, nulio
Team KCPPF Respect Y'all - Kitteh, Cyrax, Pharphis, Pyrotechnician, FredofErik
Team Fail - Jason, Thyiad, Kimppi, Ilandalar, mr teach.

--------------------
Availible for teams
--------------------
zaph
WoRG
zemaj
Malevolent
Fabian

Here we go again, little late than usual but that is the only change. As you can see I copy/pasted one of jjscud's opening threads (yeah I'm that lazy, deal with it:p) because there is nothing to add to the ruleset including the looting. My email is: goran7711 @ hotmail.com

Start date: August 17th, 2012
End date: August 26th, 2012

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (updated scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Ancient Tunnels
- Other Level 85 Areas
- teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by August 27th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.10 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
short question - when does the sign up end ?
Might as well sign up since the Barb is in the same condition it was in the end of last MFO. Was going to respec him to Nilly but got bored of hunting for essences.
I think I'll try to run several areas, so I've got a few questions. I'm allowed to sign up for multiple categories, right?

If I want to run the pit with 9 different chars, do all of their finds count toward my alvl 85 finds?
mr teach said:
short question - when does the sign up end ?
At the begining of the MFO i.e. August 17th.

pharphis said:
I think I'll try to run several areas, so I've got a few questions. I'm allowed to sign up for multiple categories, right?

If I want to run the pit with 9 different chars, do all of their finds count toward my alvl 85 finds?

Yes to both.

I will most probably run in 2 categories, not sure yet.
Hi, I would really like to join the MFO, but I have the problem with stormlash. I rly ly rly want this item. It would be gamebreaking for me, finally to be able to continue my assassin, start farming baal, start rolling i99 charms etc. As a selffoundplayer, the only way to get it, is to drop it and giving up this stormlash after finally finding it, farming for such long time for it, I dont know if I want that.

So my question is: Does your top5 needs to be your best scoring 5 items, or could I choose to leave a possible found stormlash out of it. By reading this rule:
If you're entered, try to do your best.
I suppose the answer is: no and i have to put my best 5 scoring items up, but I wanted to ask zgpmf anyway. If the answer is no, I'll wait some time signing up, considering if I will be able to potentially give up this grailer if I find it during MFO.
I guess I will just have to farm so hard that it doesnt make the top5 in my list or drop 2 of them or just become first in my category :propeller:
I'm pretty sure it needs to be your top 5 items. I guess if you wanted to lie about it no one would know any better lol.
Still, you could always just gieb your new spear in its place ;)
EasyG said:
Hi, I would really like to join the MFO, but I have the problem with stormlash. I rly ly rly want this item. It would be gamebreaking for me, finally to be able to continue my assassin, start farming baal, start rolling i99 charms etc. As a selffoundplayer, the only way to get it, is to drop it and giving up this stormlash after finally finding it, farming for such long time for it, I dont know if I want that.

So my question is: Does your top5 needs to be your best scoring 5 items, or could I choose to leave a possible found stormlash out of it. By reading this rule:

I suppose the answer is: no and i have to put my best 5 scoring items up, but I wanted to ask zgpmf anyway. If the answer is no, I'll wait some time signing up, considering if I will be able to potentially give up this grailer if I find it during MFO.
I guess I will just have to farm so hard that it doesnt make the top5 in my list or drop 2 of them or just become first in my category :propeller:
I have the same problem. If I find a windy I'd just cuddle it hard and not let go. The last MFO I played (a while ago) we had the opportunity to protect one item and I kind of expected it to be the same this time.
Already so many area runners. Just thought I'd point out you're all actually competing for second~ :badteeth:

@EasyG: The answer is no. From my experience, people are generally "good-mannered" as far as selecting prizes, but there are no guarantees (well, unless you win).

As an aside, I just noticed the point values were finally changed for Tyrael's/Stormlash/Schaefer's. When did this happen? :crazyeyes:
Teh pits! *scuttles off to prepare*
NagisaFurukawa said:
As an aside, I just noticed the point values were finally changed for Tyrael's/Stormlash/Schaefer's. When did this happen? :crazyeyes:
Second to last MFO I think.
EasyG said:

Leaving it out would I guess be a little cheesy, but as Nagisa said if you are selffound and this is your grailer etc. there shouldn't be a problem with it.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Already so many area runners. Just thought I'd point out you're all actually competing for second~ :badteeth:

@EasyG: The answer is no. From my experience, people are generally "good-mannered" as far as selecting prizes, but there are no guarantees (well, unless you win).

Yes, they were changed somewhere in between Winter 2011 and Summer 2011.

What the hell, I'll throw my hat in here. Starting up an SC character for the sole purpose of MFO. I just have one question: does anyone care if I self-MP rush her through Normal/Nightmare, or should I do it the normal way?
I only have 1 character who is MFO ready so far ( windy) so i suppose that i better do the pits.

I also have a sorc in act 1 hell that might be able to to some baal(wsk) runs or maybe some CS runs, just to end the monotony of pits with a windy.
mal can you put Anaesthesia in your post as well? seems you two posted at the same time

[highlight]Done. Thy[/highlight]
No Meph category? Hmm...I'll really have to push if I want to do Pindle...
I only have 1 character who is MFO ready so far ( windy) so i suppose that i better do the pits.

I also have a sorc in act 1 hell that might be able to to some baal(wsk) runs or maybe some CS runs, just to end the monotony of pits with a windy.
Planning on Baaling with my summoner, found him to be the safest/quickest Baal runner out of my current crop of toons. Really need to work on a better map though, to minimise the number of teleport charges I'll want to use :)
Joining up for lvl 85 areas. Can't wait to give this a go! I better start setting things up this week then.
why do I do this!?!?

Just found my first DWeb (1/41 roll lol) within my first 14 AT runs since the last MFO, to try and get the hang of it again...

Last MFO I found Mang Song's 2 days before it started, too..
I'm not sure if I should actually be angry or not, as I've never found the item before.
everytime i see this thread i have a silent fume at the title, i think this is a sign that i am a grammer nazi?

question- is the mausoleum worth running? i want a bit of veriety. Also i notice that it says the sparkly chests don't count for AT but do they count for other lvl 85 areas?
zgpmf said:
Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.
that should answer one of your questions
on the matter of Mausoleum - i have no idea
Malevolent said:
everytime i see this thread i have a silent fume at the title, i think this is a sign that i am a grammer nazi?

question- is the mausoleum worth running? i want a bit of veriety. Also i notice that it says the sparkly chests don't count for AT but do they count for other lvl 85 areas?
I'm probably going to run Mausoleum with a foH pally a bit.
I'm happy for my items to be taken obviously, but can I refuse to take other people's? I'm working on a self found grail, so don't want to compromise it!
Why is AT separate from 'other level 85' areas? Seemed puzzling to me.
Only thing I can think of is pack density, is there much difference?
mhhh kitteh you could take items and just put those in a completly different stash - with gomule you could pack them into another project thus they wont affect your grail but you have them and can show them of later - or just admire them yourself
Why does this start the day my girl gets back off of a 5 week holiday! daaaaaannngggg!
zaphodbrx said:
Why is AT separate from 'other level 85' areas? Seemed puzzling to me.
AT is in its own category, because it is its own category.

In other words, its because AT running was so perfected that if all 85 areas would be together, anyone wishing to run say WSK would be in great disadvantage. Thus, this layout was born to allow people run both AT and "crappy" lvl 85s.
No one runs WSK anyway. I bet all the other lvl 85 area people are going to run the Pit. Because it's the easiest and just as rewarding.
So the argument doesn't make sense to me..

zaphodbrx said:
No one runs WSK anyway. I bet all the other lvl 85 area people are going to run the Pit. Because it's the easiest and just as rewarding.
So the argument doesn't make sense to me..
Actually, I do the WSK because it's a break from solid Baaling and I often stop on the way to the throne to kill champion packs etc any way.

Thanks for reminding me, I've added myself to the Other 85 Area; and I'll be popping around the WSK.
This change was introduced in 1.12 iirc. Since everyone seems to have enigma with 7 popped collars, ebotd bows and dual weilding last wish meleemancers nowadays, it might as well not make sense now. However, the historical reasoning behind it was that AT was dominating everything else in the category. And that no one wanted to run Meph, so something had to take his place ....
For Kurast Sewers level 2, is it just the monsters there or is the chests as well?

And a completely unrelated question: other than the SPUMF (single-pass untwinked), has there been a contest where you did a certain number of runs rather than run for a certain time?
pindlethon
During 10 days of MFO, we can run for unlimited time or a certain amount of hours only?
It's limited to 240 hours :D

I'll join for sure bt still thinking about category. Baal or AT, that is the question...
frozzzen said:
It's limited to 240 hours :D

I'll join for sure bt still thinking about category. Baal or AT, that is the question...
about 25% chance to find tyraels might in 240 hours running AT, but odds are more likely you will be in hospital after the first 60 hours :)
EasyG said:
about 25% chance to find tyraels might in 240 hours running AT, but odds are more likely you will be in hospital after the first 60 hours :)
Worth it for a tyraels!
Gotta try and defend my titel, even though I doubt I'll have as much time this round.
EasyG said:
Not if you use trained monkeys to run for you!

Not considering botting so it's okay!

And it's not cheese cause they only eat bananas!
Kitteh said:
I'm happy for my items to be taken obviously, but can I refuse to take other people's? I'm working on a self found grail, so don't want to compromise it!
You can simply refuse to take any. For instance last time in the Baal category the first 3 didn't take anything from other players.
Yeah, and no one took anything from anyone in the AT category, though there WAS a mix of HC/Vanilla/SC/1.12/1.13+
I would join this but I'm pretty sure I would get somewhere around 100 runs and that would be the end of it, will be watching the progress though.
Thanks for removing my name from the sign-up list you jerks grr
They just wanted to spare you from shame of finishing last in group. Don't be so upset about people being goodhearted 👅
Don't worry Fabian, I put your name back. :)
Adding myself to the Baal category for now. As Team Kittens!!! becomes more clear on who is running where, I may be moved accordingly. We are in the process of contacting potential godly members of Team Kittens!!! You know who you are, and if you don't, by the end of this MFO, you will know who they are.
Oh good. If Fabian is in all categories that means all slots for AOYUT are full so I don't have to bother with this one.
Seriously, ALL categories?
He's a beast.

Just want to say that i would be interested in being a part of a team that is competitive but relaxed, would be nice to be part of a team that plans to do well simply to give me that extra motovation with my runs.

Something along the line of Team Awesomesauce?
I think I might get bored if I solely run pits, so I'm gonna go into Baal as well.
add it to the lit, y'all!
y'all

:jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:

Who wants to be in a team with me? we need to get this sorted before this starts
The team has changed, and this is the final version, sorry!

Kitteh
Cyrax
Pharphis
Pyrotechnician
FredOfErik
As Kitteh so aptly put it, I will be joining in on this fun festivities with my AT running Blizz Sorc and my Pit running Beserker Barb:
Perfect, pyro! We're each doing 2 halves of a category, and the same ones! :p
If we lose them it's your fault!
Don't count on me too much, my luck has been absolutely terrible.
Oh bugger it... why not? My kitted out Blizz sorc has been bludging lately.

Just had a thought: how about Team Won't Win - Thyiad, Kimppi, Ilandalar, and myself? I can run Pindle (badly) if need be. 👍
You signed me up for a team BEFORE you even asked me?!?!? you're a bunch of newbs. My total of 100 pit runs are gonna net me a total of at LEAST 70 points, so I'm in.
FredOfErik said:
You signed me up for a team BEFORE you even asked me?!?!? you're a bunch of newbs. My total of 100 pit runs are gonna net me a total of at LEAST 70 points, so I'm in.
They told me you agreed to it. Also I only asked about their team and I was automatically signed up so you are too, haha.
I decided you were in our team, and that you didn't get a choice. Fun huh? :loving:
If there is a Team epic lose than I am the guy for that - my dropluck is beneath anything one can imagine
I hope it is no problem that i am still on probation
Bump, and also adding myself to Baal and other 85.
Jason Maher said:
Just had a thought: how about Team Won't Win - Thyiad, Kimppi, Ilandalar, and myself? I can run Pindle (badly) if need be. 👍
I have nothing against this, you never know:p
Lol, nice idea.
Alright, I've made Team Fail official. Added myself to two more categories as well. Any objections from the 4 people I've added, whinge to Thyiad. She started it. 👅

Apologies to the others who had solicited my services, but I can't suggest an idea then dog it now, can I?

omg said he's a nub and needs help killing Pindle, so I'll guess I'll teach him how it's done... waat isn't trash talk normally reserved for the opponents?
Why are there four categories and five members in each team?

Am I missing something.
You can have two (or more) members of a team running the same area. And since there are four categories and each team can have up to five members, when a team is full there will be at least two members running the same area.
Thyiad said:
Why are there four categories and five members in each team?

Am I missing something.
Yes, a question mark.
i propose team- whoever is left!

me zaph WoRG zemaj and fabian!

all in favour say I!
Hey cool I am in a team ^^now i only need to lose while giving it my best - shouldn't be to hard
Isn't Fabian his own team?
I will see what Pindle has to offer
Is it just me or is it weird to see a team Kittens, while the actual Kitteh is in a different team? I say we steal their name! :evil:
"The Real Team Kittens"..

no, I don't like it. It would sound like Kitteh was some sort of leader for us. Ugh... ;)
What about "Pyro and the kittehcats"?

Has a nice ring too it...:smug:

Edit: Inset bad reference here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josie_and_the_*****cats_(TV_series)
"Team Em Ephph Oh!" Has a better ring to it.
How about 'How much is that Kitteh, in the window...'?
FredOfErik said:
It would sound like Kitteh was some sort of leader for us. Ugh... ;)
Good point FOE. Hadn't thought of that. This idea is being retracted immediately. :yes:
I'm your Overlord though :loving:
Worst. Overlord. Ever.

222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png
What kind of Overlord are you talking about?

That reminded me:
I actually played Descent Boardgame the other day (3rd time) and was the Overlord (1st time) (it's kind of like the dungeon master in D&D). The game went great and one of my friends told me I was the best Overlord ever. ^^
Jason Maher said:
Apologies to the others who had solicited my services, but I can't suggest an idea then dog it now, can I?
Jason-stealers. :unimpressed:

Kidding of course, I offered because none of the lacking confidence/just humble had replied. I'm good with lone-wolfing it too.
well anaesthesia, we still need a third person...

any volunteers?

Originally posted by: @frozzzen

Motivational video for MFO contestants, especially those in Area 85 category :]

I was instructed to test LF amazon in pits. It ended up far stronger then I ever imagined even with horrible fcr breakpoints etc.

p7 52.5 sec avg run. Not bad, but no cleanest runs either. I missed two bosses in vid (yellow fallens) and got pretty unlucky with number of bosses on last run. Probably can push it lower (best was 46 sec) with some practice etc, but I'm not in area 85 category anyway. Good luck to those there and consider LF zons as your MFO characters.

Zon win = loads of style in area where barbs and necs rule :]

Lol @ music xD

My barbs 2.30 min runs will eat you alive.

edit: how much MF ' she sporting?
FredOfErik said:
Lol @ music xD

My barbs 2.30 min runs will eat you alive.

edit: how much MF ' she sporting?
Well my barb 5 minute runs will eat YOU alive. Oh wait, you are on my team. Nevermind.
My strafer with 50 mf and 5 min runs will watch you two eat each other?
My pindle runner will urinate in your face biatches!

Welcome to trash talk central :loving:
Kitteh said:
My pindle runner will urinate in your face biatches!

Welcome to trash talk central :loving:
Once again, still the same team. Not sure why we are fighting LOL.
Which kinda barb pyro?
Because I hate you all, but love you at the same time :loving:
You know, these new guys are fun to watch. Talking trash, no skins on the wall, it's awesome. Win something, then talk nubs!
FredOfErik said:
Which kinda barb pyro?
I'm going to beserk up a storm! Any pointers? LOL

Paradigmshift said:
You know, these new guys are fun to watch. Talking trash, no skins on the wall, it's awesome. Win something, then talk nubs!

I know I'm not going to win, don't worry.
wtb cow/cs categories please
yeah well my druids 2.5 min runs then spend 5 mins in town organising all the tir runes i picked up will OWN EVERYONE!
Paradigmshift said:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?828627-Pre-D3-MFO-Results

Winning the lvl 85 category is obviously a lot more sex than pindle. However, comparing our scores is a bad idea.
I've won AT before as well... You got me by 3 points for that category though, congrats!
I'm Kitteh, I don't need to have won anything. I'm already awesome!
Kitteh said:
I'm Kitteh, I don't need to have won anything. I'm already awesome!
You are also already missing an ear. Win-Win.
That's not actually me, it's my brother. The real me is too scary for a PG13 forum :loving:
I don't even know how much mf my runner got... But I matted her and got an insane baal map I won't use :whistling:

Hey guys I just wanted to clarify something... with the starting time, do we take our own timezones into consideration? or is there an exact time that we all start?

Also, have the category supervisers been decided? I didn't see any info on it in the opening post, so just wanted to know who I'm supposed to send updates to for my categories.
AT's top 8 here I go :p
Yes! A newcomer! Make a thread to introduce yourself, before I crush you in AT ;)
agreed!

:jig:
I don't want to be nit-picky, but since this thread already has so many posts, i think it would be a good idea to make a seperate thread for when it acatually starts, not a biggie but it makes things much more organised.

1 quick question... Can i start as soon as it is aug 17th in my country? ( gmt+12) or do i have to wait untill some other time, i figure it doesnt matter since i would stop earlier if i used my time zone
Am I missing something or is there another reason I can't find the supervisors and their mails?
Malicious said:
Hey guys I just wanted to clarify something... with the starting time, do we take our own timezones into consideration? or is there an exact time that we all start?

Also, have the category supervisers been decided? I didn't see any info on it in the opening post, so just wanted to know who I'm supposed to send updates to for my categories.

Malevolent said:
I don't want to be nit-picky, but since this thread already has so many posts, i think it would be a good idea to make a seperate thread for when it acatually starts, not a biggie but it makes things much more organised.

1 quick question... Can i start as soon as it is aug 17th in my country? ( gmt+12) or do i have to wait untill some other time, i figure it doesnt matter since i would stop earlier if i used my time zone
Yes, you take your local time into consideration.

FredOfErik said:
Am I missing something or is there another reason I can't find the supervisors and their mails?

We are a little short with supervisors right now, I'll wait a few more hours and see if someone else wants to be one, if not I will then cover more categories.

@omgwtfbbqpwned
You linked the wrong trading profile. :D
I'd be happy to do Pindle, but I've never competed before. Don't mind doing it though. In fact, I'd be happy to supervise a category I'm not in if needs be.
hernang said:
AT's top 8 here I go :p
Yeah, shoot low; any category with me in it is locked up before it even starts anyway. :p

@zgpmf: Still interested in area sup'ing due to surfeit of free time, etc.
I'm going for position #10, that way I can't dissapoint myself!
My char is ready! Looks like I have 9 hours to spare with RL...
Oh damn, I only just realised I'll be getting little sleep tonight! Woohoo MFO!!!!!!!!!!
i dont have the luxury of mfing late into the night...

mfo has started here so... BYE!
2.5h until MFO, but probably more like 8h till MFO.

May your drops be green and golden, but worse then mine :p
Man mine is 8 1/2 hours away, but won't be able to start for at least a day. :ashamed:
BaronScarpia said:
My char is ready! Looks like I have 9 hours to spare with RL...
Mine's still not, and only 8 hrs here...excuse me, I think I left the oven on...*flees*
I realized today that I need 32 minutes of Baal running for 1M of exp with clvl 98 Java and only 22 minutes of Nihl running so I came to conclusion that I don't want to run Baal with her. Some other lower level char would benefit more from Baal exp, and ~2 hours before start I don't know which one I should run with.
Do we have supervisors sorted mate?
Supervisors are:

Nagisa; Baal
Kitteh; AT
zgpmf; other 85 areas
Anaesthesia; Pindle+

Kitteh and Anaesthesia, can you post/PM your email adresses so that I can edit that into first post.
You are supervising an area you are running? >_>

I'm running mainly Baal and Pindle for "relaxation". I signed up for 85 because of possible good Throne drops but I doubt I'll compete for top 5 places. IIRC a year ago jjscud supervised all categories including the one he was running.
well first batch of runs done ( 2 stashes full so probably anout 12-16 )

finds

Nats shadow(1.7) and steel carapace.(not even on the list?! its an elite unique so why isnt it on there? )

It seems the Number gods didnt hear my plea for a tyreals on the first run...
i should have done this before. now i have only 30mins before mfo starts and i need to roll better map
Just realized I have to go to "intro camp" with my new study monday-friday.. Guess I'll have to power run in the weekends - which doesn't look good as I'm planning on getting drunk tomorrow. However, HC drunk running is rather exciting....

Malevolent said:
well first batch of runs done ( 2 stashes full so probably anout 12-16 )

finds

Nats shadow(1.7) and steel carapace.(not even on the list?! its an elite unique so why isnt it on there? )

It seems the Number gods didnt hear my plea for a tyreals on the first run...

Usually people don't mention the qualifiers they find - this makes the updates a bit more exciting ;)
one last question before it starts
this confused me

zgpmf said:
-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by August 27th.

so how exactly should that email look like when i post my update to the supervisor?
I should also mention I don't have Atma as it won't work on my computer. I'm happy to receive updates via PM or just pasted into the email.
best possible start. second run and jah dropped :D

mr teach: there is example in first page but could look like this (my first update post to jjscud in last years mfo).

MFO score update

forum name: Horseheadnebula
category: other level 85 areas

Boneflame 10.4
The Redeemer 9.8
The Grandfather 9.3
Alma Negra 9.1
Wolfhowl 7.3

total 45,9
horseheadnebula said:
best possible start. second run and jah dropped :D

mr teach: there is example in first page but could look like this (my first update post to jjscud in last years mfo).

MFO score update

forum name: Horseheadnebula
category: other level 85 areas

Boneflame 10.4
The Redeemer 9.8
The Grandfather 9.3
Alma Negra 9.1
Wolfhowl 7.3

total 45,9
Don't post it here mate, email it to your supervisor.
^Yup. Readouts only in the final update.
Can't wait to start!
Kitteh said:
Don't post it here mate, email it to your supervisor.
kitteh can't read human sentences.
I'm guessing the supervisor doesn't want updates from last years MFO emailed to them, hehe.

On the topic of supervisors, any chance we could get the first post updated with the supervisors for each category?

And I managed to reroll my WSK maps again for Baal, finally got an awesome one like my old necro had :) Good luck everyone!
Good luck everybody, just started!
Starting as of now. Ph33r my 13337n3ss!!!!
Hm well it has started for me as well but I'm at work =( can't wait to get home and do some runs
Good luck everyone!

I won't probably start to play tonight, but tomorrow for sure!
so does nobody know why steel carapace isnt even on the list even though it is elite armour?
It is on the list. -.-;;
obvi because it's garbage!

Does anyone remember the range of boss packs in mausoleum?
1 1/2 hour to go... I want to start my search for 5x Perfect DWeb asap... :coffee:

One question: what if I find an eth item? That worths more/less points?

Worth the same as non-eth.
Are we going to post finds here as we go on, or only at the end?
Just at the end Zaph. Except e-mailing them to your supervisor.
Procrastination got the better of me! Good luck everyone, I'll watch with interest.
Oh my zod i cant believe it second ancient tunnels run

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You got a zod??
Gieb!!!!!!
I thought I was lucky getting 2 bers from Pindle in one night, I guess not :loving:
Oh, and pics or lies!
Damn, i need to upload it.

I'd say 2 bers in one night is VERY lucky. moreso than a single zod, actually.

anyway, i'll edit it in the pic. Won't be hard to find as it is the first of the MFO lol.

Edit: ZOD
Hell no, I'd take a Zod over 2 Bers any day! I find Bers like smarties, I just never find the others xD
I cubed the Zod for my BotD, I think... I'm going to look that up, I'm sure I'd remember if I found it!
"Jah on run 2"
"Zod on run 2"

. . .

So evil. T_T (Congrats~)

-------------------------------

I'll post updates either (1) every few days, or (2) every time I receive 6+ new updates, whichever comes first.
Nice man! I'm looking forward to reporting my sigon's chest on 2nd run >_>
2 qualifiers thus far. Best rune is an Um. Found a 4os Thresher as well. This is in AT with my Blizzsorc sporting ~700 MF.

Edit: make that 3 qualifiers, and a significant score increase. ;)
I'm only at 520ish :p
I'm running p3, though. My avg time is about 1:14 it seems.

I was almost 1-shot with 1400 life and lots of mana (BO) + energy shield. . .
Congrats pharphis! botd?

I've just found an ist. No Sigon's yet :(

avg 1:35
Nope! it's going to the zod god tournament.
Or a wirt's leg.

Who has a worthy HC zod god item?
Only 2 qualifiers for me- i found steel carapace(on the list i mean), i wasnt expecting it to be so highly valued!

highest rune is fal, runs are P5

i only sport around 230 MF, need more mf really but it's enough for now.
Small question, can I sign up now when it is just few hours late?
I missed a thread
If it is no problem, I will put my name into Other Areas category
thanks for answer
if bassano isn't allowed to play :whistleblower:

i would be so sad :whistleblower:

Hooray, it's bass~ Good to see you around, and best of luck if you get in.
bassano said:
Small question, can I sign up now when it is just few hours late?
I missed a thread
If it is no problem, I will put my name into Other Areas category
thanks for answer
You're in.

SkaMan said:
I'm guessing the supervisor doesn't want updates from last years MFO emailed to them, hehe.

On the topic of supervisors, any chance we could get the first post updated with the supervisors for each category?

And I managed to reroll my WSK maps again for Baal, finally got an awesome one like my old necro had :) Good luck everyone!

I will as soon as I get Anaesthesias email.

I'm starting to run now, good luck all. :)
runs have been good, and i have my 5 qualifiers now, not exacty top 5 material though.

I hacve nearly 200 items in ym MFO stash so far though, i pick up so much junk!
So, the updates thing, we just PM the supervisor every 2-3 days, that works?
It'd be nice to have the list of supervisors and participants in the first post.
Did a couple of hours. 8 qualifiers so far, and two that will most likely be in my final top 5 so I'm not complaining. Not a lot of decent non-qualifiers.. Duriel's, Bartuc's, a couple of resist SCs. Highest rune is a Dol.

Had to abandon my last run as I ran into the nasty Might/Fana double boss pack archers.
So I just started to run my Pindle girl and I have a problem deciding what to go for: FCR or MF? If I aim for 105 in fcr I will only get around 200 in mf. If I go with all my best mf gear (which is not much perhaps..) I get 0 in fcr and 450 in mf. For pindle the run time will be around the same in killing but the teleporting to him drives me crazy with 0 fcr!!! What to do??
gah, i thoguht that ormus's robes would be worth way more, meh they were blaze anyway
queenEm said:
So I just started to run my Pindle girl and I have a problem deciding what to go for: FCR or MF? If I aim for 105 in fcr I will only get around 200 in mf. If I go with all my best mf gear (which is not much perhaps..) I get 0 in fcr and 450 in mf. For pindle the run time will be around the same in killing but the teleporting to him drives me crazy with 0 fcr!!! What to do??
Breakpints are 0,9,20,37,63,105,200 so I'd have at least 37, or 63 if you wear spirit shield, and rest into mf.
I got infected with shiny drop-itis, A decent drop comes along and i die before i can pick it up because i am so focused on it, it was a long run back...
Yes, just getting over 37 meant a lot actually. Thanks for the advice.
@Nagisa: I am happy to be in too but do not expect very much from me because I am lazy slacker just more then 2 years
@omg: nice to see you in table too :)
This thread suddenly started to smell old :p Welcome bass :]

Ok start for me (runewise at least) but would still like to see those TC 87 stuff you know...
Hi there bassano. Nice to see you join!

@zgpmf: it would be awesome to see the final participations list in the first topic :D
Sure, right after bassano signs himself up.
I can't remember where I posted it, but early hours this morning I posted a list of about 20 yellows; SAs, Shards, Hydras, Myrmidon etc :loving:
Pretty sure it was in this thread. Maaaybe the bar. I was too distracted by AT at the time.
't was the EMB.
Oh dear, where has all my luck gone. Barely any finds at all. I do have 5 qualifiers, but they're all bad ones. One grailer though, but just one of those rubbishy uniques with not even close to perfect stats.

Edit: I checked the scores and it turns out that the rubbishy unique is one of the top five scorers :)
Maybe not such a bad day after all.
Yellow Archon Staff, god that is so frustrating xD
Zaph, you'll do crap for 8 days and then in the last 2 you'll get it all!
I already got yellow diadem, blue archon staff, blue legendary mallet... Pindle is just saving for next week.:coffee:

Malevolent said:
I got infected with shiny drop-itis, A decent drop comes along and i die before i can pick it up because i am so focused on it, it was a long run back...
I don't have that luxury in HC. Minimal runs so far, hopefully will have more time...sorry to my team if I don't pick up my game.
When the zod dropped I didn't even realize the unique was still alive and standing beside it.

Then when I went on a spree and told everyone I know about it I brought the game back up with the zod still sitting there on the ground. Ooops :p would have been awful to forget to pick it up.
SO AWFUL
ahh well after 150 pindle runs i got 1 qualifier -.- and its a crappy one
got a load of rare spiderwed sashes - pindle really is saving it for tomorrow - or for today after the dinner ^^
Arachnid Mesh can't drop from Pindle :loving:

I don't think...
don't go and destroy my illusions :p
Oh sorry! Only a matter of time until it drops :loving:
yey ^^
and then pindle will drop me a tyraels afterwards - ok i know that he can't drop that one but still
are there any other items pindle can't drop
Azurewrath IIRC.
Azurewrath
Arachnid Mesh
Tyraels

As far as I know...
And cow set. (anni and torch too, but i don't count that as it's bnet only)

Well hot as hell here and predictions are that this weekend it's gonna be even hotter. Hopefully my drops will make me feel warm inside as well. Just finished my pre-MFO dinner and printed out the scoresheet. Jetzt geht's los!

Go team Repsect..err..Respect :grouphug:
Go us! You're in the same team as me right? xD
So, forst day of running is complete. I actually got more time than I thought I would. Pindle was easily killed not once but lots and lots of times. moah ha ha ha!!! *evil laughter*

2 qualifiers, one of them I have never found previously so that's nice! Tomorrow: I bet I will find 2 more qualifiers and also a jah
Ok, it was big problem for me found my trade profile and post something like that on this new skin but I did it :) Now I see that I am not able to do it better, sorry for that, so if someone can correct it after me I would apreciate it
Pretty happy with my first days running, got quite a few grailers, 48 qualifiers (I'm keeping every elite set/unique for this). My nec also dinged 94... Making him my highest toon now since restarting. Should hit 95 before the end of the MFO too. I can really notice the difference the last few levels have made as to how fast my merc can crush down Baal!

Hope everyone else is having some good luck 👍
If i understand it right than qualifiers are only items that are in the scoresheet?
If so than i got 4 qualifiers ( the aforementioned crappy one i now have two times - and i got one even crappier one - but the last one is nice - not really giving a lot of points but it is an item i was looking for)
so yeah first day of the MFO is don for me - did 210 pindle runs - but only because my patience is so short tomorrow i want to get some more runs done

I wish you all good luck - may i have the best
Looks like Pindle hates me as usual. I only have one qualifier. Think he died about 300 times today. I won't play tomorrow and Sunday we'll have to see how well I survived Saturday. Not good odds there. But he'll get killed many more times next week, so I'm not desperate yet. ;)
found a mal rune :p highest rune self found since re-start.

i have 8 qualifiers now, but i hope that none of them see my final 5, because if they do i definately won't win!
@Mr teach: That's right if it's not on the scoresheet of your area it doesn't qualify. If it is: the higher the score for that item the better. Top 5 will be your 5 highest scoring items, which (in theory) could be 5 times the same item.

Day 1 done. Disappointed i didn't get a HR at run 2. Somewhat made up by the um in the next run. And some more with the jah in run 38.

Got 14 qualifiers, but really hope none of them make it to the final five.

Lvling goes ok, but it's still a good way to go till 98. Still that'll remain my goal for this MFO.
350 /p7 runs done, 0 useful/high scoring items. Pretty standard, for me anyway. Hope others (and by others, I mean non-Joanna Kittens!!!!) have better luck as the grind continues.
D'you reckon the MFO is the biggest event in the SPF?

Every year, when we have the MFO, discussion regarding it seems to spread to every single thread in the SPF :loving:

What's the MFO? I've been too busy running AT.
So... I just had a party wih al th people im gonaa sytydy with the next five years. we got as drnk as i exoekted. now MFO

Edit: im runnung tull i find something thats more than 6
lol FOE dont you play HC? cause i wouldnt MFO HC drunk...

finally found a qualifier that i wouldnt be ashamed to see in my top 5, 1 down 4 to go!
I found a 5+ item.... then I clicked "mightmare".. I had the best map ever.
Malevolent said:
lol FOE dont you play HC? cause i wouldnt MFO HC drunk...

finally found a qualifier that i wouldnt be ashamed to see in my top 5, 1 down 4 to go!
Of course you wouldn't, you die all the timee
FredOfErik said:
I found a 5+ item.... then I clicked "mightmare".. I had the best map ever.
lol
FredOfErik said:
Of course you wouldn't, you die all the timee
. . .lol
that was a very difficult tournyament FOE, you try killing andariel at lvl 4...

im gonna re-make that tourny after the MFO but with significant changes.
500+ runs done today. And I went jogging, worked the whole afternoon and went to a birthday party :coffee:. I hava a big decision to make this weekend and my stomach hurts a lot more than my arms. Pindah will chain die tommorow. Also, I'm at lvl 86 now!

On a side note, the 20-ish runs without run counter got me way better items than the runs with counter.

Question: can we brag about non-qualifiers here?
sure brag away!

16 qualifiers for me now, still waiting for something amazing to lift my score into the 50's
^Damn right!

Remember that time I found a zod?
:p

Actually, I just found metalgrid for the first time in my life. Quite a sweet ammy that probably doesn't get enough attention. Also, another 240+AR/17 dex ravenfrost.

I think I found a qualifier for the zod god socketing. . .
Doubley postly.

Wizardspike from the chest :) (Yes I know it doesn't qualify)
wizard spike isnt exactly mfo winning material anyway.

best drop out of the chest for me is just a bunch of flawless gems.

also- the fact that you found something for that makes me nervous, etheral tyreals much :p
haha nope. something somewhat interesting, but not nearly worth a zod rune on it's own.
Isn't Tyrael's indestructible, therefore not zod god material?

I do love my wizzys :)

finally found an *okay* qualifier. Now a 9.3+, though. I've done 200 runs and I'm just shy of level 94! (4.5 hours so far. . .)
Okay, level 94 at run 215, for my own future reference. Let's see how many p3 runs it takes to go to 95. . .
I assume I should be able to get there in the next 1.5k I plan to do?

why did I sign up for 2 categories? i might just take last place in other 85. . .lol
Actually I'm happy I signed up for 2 categories. I do five runs of one, then five runs of other to prevent boredom.
About 4-5 hours in, my score is about 37. Lets see how it goes.
4-5 hours and 37 points already! i am so screwed...

im only have about 250mf but i am running at P5, i dont really have a way to improve my MF though.
Don't run at p5. Go to p1, and pack tons of MF.
The bosses drop just as well on p1 as on pX. And mostly it's them you're after.
i want the xp too, and things die real fast anyway, as i said there is almost now way for me to add more MF( i dont HAVE the gear fior it), i dont want to lose my CBF or my 105% fcr BP, the shako already has a topaz in it, Only way to increase MF wuld be to get a 10% fcr amulet and change my trangs gloves for chancies, but i dont think ive even found chancies yet...

I also kill large groups of standard guys for teh chance of runes ect ect

found a great item, the score for it is decent but the fact that i have found it had given me a huge confidence boost, the roll isnt horrible either!
Best non-qualifiers;
Ber
Ber
34life SS skiller
Guys, could you refrain from giving away scores? It's much more fun not knowing what other people's scores are until you can somewhat guess them in the updates, and see them after the whole thing is done. Otherwise we might as well just post our best qualifiers here.

I can give you some MF gear if you tell me what slots are available to change. I have a gheeds you can get too.
"cry"

my highest rune for this so far is mal, NO SKILLERS and pretty much junk all round

I am trying some mausoleum runs on a pure fire sorc just for a change of pace, not nearly as many boss backs but i pack heaps of mf and they are quite fun.
@ kitteh

the slots were i need to get some more MF are

- amulet ( needs 10% fcr and at least 15% MF(druid skills are a plus) )
-Gloves ( i have 25% rares)
-boots (i have 32% travs
-charms I have 32% gheeds and 3 7% MF sc's

If you have any improvements i would greatly appreciate them.
Found a qualifier, doubling my total score!! :D
nice! wait you arent running other lvl 85 are you? because if you are then thats not so nice...
I have a chancies/WT/gheeds improvements. I have an amulet with druid skills/fcr/mf/mana/mana regen/resist, but it's only 9fcr...

PM me your email.
Cyrax said:
Guys, could you refrain from giving away scores? It's much more fun not knowing what other people's scores are until you can somewhat guess them in the updates, and see them after the whole thing is done. Otherwise we might as well just post our best qualifiers here.
Yes, you are right
I thought, it is clear for everyone that you can not saying your score not even saying what exactly you found
it is basic rule of MFO so guys really, please be carefull what are you saying here it is really destroying a moment of surprise, you will have updates to know how your chance are
TY kitteh, that brings my mf on my windy to 339, increasing by 1 per lvl, should be enough to bag some more qualifiers

so what time should i email my supervisor?, ill probably do it tomorrow.

Did a bunch of mausoleum runs, going back to pits, they just arent as good
Right got my score spread sheet sorted, so I'll start running shortly.
If this were a runehunt instead of an MFO i'd be well on my way towards winning. After um and jah yesterday, now an ohm dropped. This is nice and i certainly want more of them, but first gieb qualifiers!
Wow, cyrax is finding runes :badteeth:
Surprise, surprise...
Take care, Cyrax... Too much runes can end up killing you. True story:wine:

Just kidding! Congratz, Cyrax!
darn people finding all these runes...

my rune finds go like this... Mal,Fal,Ko,Tir,Tir,Tir,Tir,Tir,Tir,Tir,Tir

so when do we email the supervisors?
So I did a serious amount of running today. Not a lot of luck. I'm on a total of 22 qualifiers and only got 1 extra top 5 candidate today.

Non qualifiers was a bit (but only a bit) better: Gul, Lum, -5/+4 poison facet, crescent moon, and a mentalist skiller.
1k runs done. Should be doing: +250 runs. Plan: order pizza, drink beer.

Edit: TC3s totally should be qualifiers...
I've had a grailer from TC3, Biggin's Bonnet. Plus some TC6s like Tarnhelm.
yeah i have had 3 TC3's drop so far, greyform is a nice twinking armour
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/screenshot010ms.jpg/

well i can stop complaining about rune luck......
Malevolent said:

ZOMG! Damn Kiwis getting all the luck!
Stop finding zods.

Seriously.

I wonder how long until Cyrax join you guys... :coffee:

MFO Zod finders:

Code:
Malevolent
Pharpis

Congrats, mal!

lol baron you are following all my OMZ posts...

i still find it funny that my 2nd highest self found rune is a MAL, thats a huge jump.
Yes. I am. Look at your door across the street. That's me. I'm serious.

:crazyeyes:

My highest rune ever is Cham, I don't know how finding a zod feels. And I won't fell it this week, since I signed in for pindah :weep:

(Since you're from NZ, could you please post "I love the smeel of a Zod in the morning!" somewhere. Please.)
but it isnt the morning...

mum is making cookies and cake :p
Stop with the zods already. You're making me die.
Seriously, my highest rune is Lem. And that was from a sparkly chest! Kind of expected to be honest. I didn't find any >=Vex in over 1k p7 pit fullclears last month. On p1 there's even less chance.

Still, can't complain though. Got five (!) grailers in 7-8 hours, sure they are mostly crappy items, but still grailers.
One thing I like about running Pindle with 550 MF is that virtually every item is rare. I'm a big fan of rare items, so identify many types of rares in the hope of finding a godly one. Circlets, rings, ammys, gloves, boots, claws..
Malevolent said:
but it isnt the morning...

mum is making cookies and cake :p
Oh, I hate you!

I chain-posted rare circlet/coronet/tiara/diadems on IFT past afternoon, favored one was a circlet with +2 summoning skills (necro)/tele charges. Def. will be used on a pat. (And yep, in portuguese we just hide pronouns in written language because it's cool)
curse you Male, stealing my thunder! If I don't find another one I will never forgive you!

edit: Typoed
You were the first pharpis. Nobody will steal that from you... Not even male... (Who's mal?)
Malevolent said:

I take it I'm now going to be MPing with an eBotD Zerker?
nope, i am gonna trade it... Worg can put it to much better use

but hopefully i can get an infinity out of it :p
I wodner how many jahs a zod is worth in HC. :/

resumes running like crazy now that I found an item to help speed up my runs a bit :)
You can start sending updates, I will post the standings (without points) 10 hours from now.
pharphis said:
I wodner how many jahs a zod is worth in HC. :/
Sadly not a lot I think :p
As i have no idea when the Baalupdates are due i send my results from the first 2 days. Day 1 was not good. Day 2 was horrible. Expecting to see myself in the bottom regions right now. Best finds by far are my non-qualifiers.

Gonna start running, hoping day 3 has better luck for me.
I sent the results a few hours ago but then I played a little more, got few better items and also realized I had been underrating the scores of some items. So I sent the updated results again by email.

Well I''m pretty much done for the weekend. Let's see how much get's done during the week.
Update sent.

Best rune drop: Mal
Best non-qualifier: SoJ

Also a Lenymo... why not a Dweb Pindeh?
I should send my update, too. I finally found something top 5 worthy last night. 400 runs later! Friggin' AT. Also 2 more ums :)

Edit: Sent update
Just checking my mfo stash to see what I found on the 200+ drunk runs I did yesterday. Christmas anxiety here... :cloud9:
Finally got my Maras!
Updates sent...slow start here, but at least I have 5 qualifiers for both areas I'm signed up for...

but if I find just one more green reinforced mace, I'm gonna find this Dangoon guy and beat him to death, then bury him under a pile of his 'teachings' :rant:

Oh, and all those nice runes that are dropping while people are MFO'ing? Yeah, I got Amn...:coffee:

WoRG

Update sendt as well. I need to improve 5 out of 5 qualifiers or I will be laughed at. :(

Not any good runes here either. Think I can sport a Dol...
I have sent my update and first I have to say that I haven't been able to run as much as I wanted. Second: I hope there are people in the Pindle category that will not run at all...

And I have found an Io! :) yeay for me...
Lo rune!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
Are there any runeowrds requiring Lo and zod?

/jk
So, my inbox kerploded this morning. AORN I have received updates from: Kitteh, zaphodbrx, Moar, queenEm, and nulio. Anybody else, you sent them to the wrong place. I'll update when I get two more.

Dear AT sup: I haven't sent an update of my own due to an RL intrusion keeping me out of the Tunnels Friday and Saturday. Today will be my first real day of running.
I sent on your email. Haven't you got it?
And I've received one from scrcrw as well. zgp, give me a second to see if it got spamfiltered (edit: it did. Got it.)

PINDLE+ SO FAR
1. zgpmf
2. nulio
3. scrcrw
4. zaphodbrx
5. BaronScarpia
6. Kitteh
7. Moar
8. queenEm
9. mr teach (sorry, missed yours initially too)

Anybody else wants to know how they're doing, I'll edit in any further results I get before 2:00 PM EST tomorrow. I'm not going to tell you how far ahead the front of the pack is; SPECULATE FOR MY AMUSEMENT, MWAHAHA...
3 hours ago, yeah some of the mail I got ended up in spam filter. I got updates from WoRG, zaph, hernang, Kimppi, Zod God, mal, and Nagisa.
Pretty poor considering my run count :loving:
I think if the email consists only of the list (i.e. no "&#%$ I did over 9000 runs and all I got was this lousy IKSC") it looks a lot like a list of prices. :coffee:

Oh and...to no one in particular...put your scores in your email plz. :p
*looks absolutely innocent* :loving:
zpgmf- wait they werent in order were they? because if they were then i am dead, i thought i was doing quite well.....

Best non qualifier- 293% 9LL titans ( not eth but great roll)

Best rune- ZOD
Missed entire day of running. Long live Sunday when I have to works 16 hours T_T
Will try to compensate with little sleep but probably impossible.

Sent results in.
Current standings:

Other 85 areas:

1.NagisaFurukawa
2.Malevolent
3.FoE
4.Zaph
5.Pyrotechnician
6.WoRG

AT:

1.Frozzzen
2.Kimppi
3.Pharphis
4.Hernang
5.Pyrotechnician
Early returns from Baal.

1) SkaMan
2) zgpmf
3) Paradigmshift
4) Cyrax
5) WoRG

Separation is quite large at the moment.
More or less where i expected to be.

Until a few minutes ago was thinking that at this pace i'm about to double my runs from last MFO and still get less than half the points. Luckily i finally found a decent item. Only thing that dropped all day before that were 2 Tals amus and i got enough of those.
Team standings:

1.Team Kittens!!!
2.Team KCPPF Respect Y'all
3.Team Fail

Finally got a HR, Jah from Pindle!
zgpmf said:
Team standings:

1.Team Kittens!!!
2.Team KCPPF Respect Y'all
3.Team Fail

Finally got a HR, Jah from Pindle!
:rolf:

Good to know my team's doing great:p

I only just got back (from places) but I might get a chance to play a bunch this week.
I'm kind of rooting for Team Fail to win because, well, you can't really call yourselves Team Fail if you succeed at failing.
Well, I guess I should expect my standing, I had done like 10 AT runs when I sent in my results. Pit runs though I've been doing okish I thought but I guess I need to pick it up.
I sent updates to the wrong address (aka copy -> paste fail)... Sorry. Got it right, this time (I think)...

I didn't get much done on the weekend... only found 1 low qualifier so far. Gonna do more tomorrow and hopefully pick up some qualifiers =\
wait those are already in ranking
darn i am good at being bad
last place ^^ and i did quite some runs - well QueenEm i will get you:crazyeyes:
Edited you in, my liege. (What's the proper way to address a Baron? idk)
:scratchchin: I think so! People normally use "my friend that can't send emails properly" :jig:

Thanks, supervisor! Looks like I have to work harder to become a pokemon master :alright:. Oh, wait. Wrong game.
Oh good I did better than I thought.
I'll try to get 2 hours per day done during the week and then a litte more on the weekend.
Spent a whole day Tunnelling; one good qualifier and many garbage ones.

Got a Fal rune (when does I get to join HR club?).

Irritating Rares: 72-dur Wyrmhide, 60-dur Overseer Skull, 84-dur Ghost Spear

Decent non-qualifiers: An(other) Ali's Blade, Nat's helm, a FCR/tri-res rare ring, Visc
Only qualifier I got so far is Aldur's chest, sighs. Best non-qualifier so far is a 197 ED Arreat's... best rune is a Ko I think.

If I have time tonight I'll try my luck again... otherwise I'll def get some done tomorrow, especially if D3 is on maintenance.
How can I not be last?? Teach, you must have found insanely bad stuff.... Anyway, for next update I am sure I will have picked up a few more goodies
600 runs in at /p3 at about 1:15/run.

*falls asleep

at least I'm halfway to level 95 :)
Pleasantly surprised - but I won't have time to do a single run before saturday. But when that comes I'm reasonably sure I'll get my Tyrael's and jump to first place.
Email sent. My finds are so good I had to include IKSC... :crazyeyes:

Also, go Team Fail! We fail hard!
Malicious said:
Only qualifier I got so far is Aldur's chest, sighs. Best non-qualifier so far is a 197 ED Arreat's... best rune is a Ko I think.

If I have time tonight I'll try my luck again... otherwise I'll def get some done tomorrow, especially if D3 is on maintenance.
Ouch, that must be insanely unlucky.

Oh boy. There's this one TC87. It's a useless unique ( which most TC87 are anyway ). I already had 2 of these before the MFO and then during the MFO I again get 2 more. Sure it has a decent score but I never want to see one of them again.
So 2 Zods and now someone gets 2 Tyraels...

Edit: I've re-equipped my Blizzsorc. She was too fragile, and getting crap drops anyway, and the TP from Occy was annoying the hell out of me. So I've removed ~300MF and redone her as a full Tal's sorc. She now has an extra ~300 life, ~500 mana (thanks to a pair of SoJs), 1 frame faster casting, 2 frames faster hit recovery, full resists (very useful against double/triple enchanted monsters and I now don't have to run to town every time a zombie whacks me), better damage (extra couple of skill levels plus a boost to CM), and as a result her runs are much faster. And she still has 375 MF (exactly 150 for uniques, a drop from 184). I now understand what Nightfish was on about.
Jason Maher said:
Email sent. My finds are so good I had to include IKSC... :crazyeyes:
Soul Cage? Good find. :whistling:
:rolf: I wish...
Well QueenEm just like Jason i had to include a IK Stone Crusher - well i actually was glad that i didnt had to include both i had found
but todays - good Morning - runs rewarded me with something decent - finally so now i have the motivation to run all day long - lets see how much i can get done - its half past ten here right now i should be able to stay awake until midnight so thats 14 hours :crazyeyes:
well i will take a power nap after lunch
Is it too late to join a L85 Area Group? CS is my lamerdins calling... I hope its not too late :(
Well I did some runs. Not yesterday. The day before. Got a qualifiers in both Baal and A85.

I'll run more tomorrow. The CoX servers are down for maint then. New powerset coming out which might impact my running for the rest of the week. I will run a bit more today depending on how stressed the shopping gets me.

Oh and I won't likely do any updates because well, I'm going to be last in both categories anyway. :D
@Twibz
Actually it is late but I'll let you in only because I let Bassano in although he was just a couple of hours late. That's it for entries.

Please link your trade tags and you have to start from scratch with your qualifiers.
Well, I'm severly dissapointed now. I had run "some" pits on Friday and Saturday and picked up enough to have 5 qualifiers, only one that I hope stays there, otherwise I'm in big trouble. I dedicated many hours on Sunday to running AT and have 5 qualifiers as well, but barely....best rune is a Mal so far.

I have 0 qualifiers in alvl 85s, because I've only put in about 30 minutes into that. . . Go Pyro!
I found another couple of decent scoring items with my Blizzy so IKSC and another low scorer could be kicked to the kerb. Might start on one of the other areas now.
zgpmf said:
@Twibz
Actually it is late but I'll let you in only because I let Bassano in although he was just a couple of hours late. That's it for entries.

Please link your trade tags and you have to start from scratch with your qualifiers.
Thankyou , Thankyou , Thankyou!!!

I'll do all that when im home tonight, big thanks!

All prepare to feel my wrath! Mwahahahaha! <---- (not much wrath but hey)
I don't see why there would be a problem letting people in late; they just have less time to get runs in. :D
Seven qualifiers in a day is not bad methinks:yes:

Even got a Vex rune which is not bad at all either.
well i am sick so i cant run...

thats 2 whole days that i cant run...

dammit!
Not much on the qualifier side. Have found a couple of decent non-qualifiers. Highest Rune is Sur. Too busy running to add the screenshot, but Baal actually dropped the rune. I'll get it into the item find thread after the MFO is over. Got in about an hour or two's worth of running the first day. Then had a concert (Iron Maiden) to attend on Friday evening and softball tourney for my daughter all day Saturday. Then took wife out to dinner/movie. So, Sunday, was only serious running day so far. 12:49 minutes (215 runs) on Javazon, 1:40 (27 runs) on Sorc. Both full on lightning. Better mf% on sorc, but slower overall runs. I don't stop the timer when muling in Gomule, so some of the times are longer than normal.

Code:
Ocher Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 39 
Fingerprint: 0xe437542 
Item Level: 85 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+20 to Life 
Lightning Resist +7% 

Burly Small Charm of Good Luck 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 33 
Fingerprint: 0xb738315e 
Item Level: ** 
+16 Defense 
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% 
Shields: +50 to Mana 

Chance Guards 
Chain Gloves 
Defense: 27 
Durability: 11 of 16 
Required Level: 15 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x3dce997d 
Item Level: 99 
+25 to Attack Rating 
+27% Enhanced Defense 
+15 Defense 
200% Extra Gold from Monsters 
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 
+2 to Light Radius
Malevolent said:
well i am sick so i cant run...

thats 2 whole days that i cant run...

dammit!
Amateur :rolf:
Just a question guys: Im running level85 areas, does that mean i can use items from both the pits and CS as qualifiers? pits is my primary target but whilst doing a full boss/worthy area clear before bed i have found a qualifier in CS. Is this allowed? If not its fine , not a great find but hey, its a top 5 :crazyeyes:
Yes. All lvl85 areas EXCEPT AT go into the same category. So you can combine as you wish. :)
When is the next update due?
Moar said:
Yes. All lvl85 areas EXCEPT AT go into the same category. So you can combine as you wish. :)
Woooooo! Well in 3 hours of running the pits its hard to believe i have found only 1 qualifier and that was 10 seconds into the first run! Ive had an um and plenty of ethereal/socket bases but not what i wanted, oh well, I guess Diablo just knows ive joined a MFO...

So after tonight, 2 qualifiers!
Been running Baal like a mofo, increased my total number of qualifiers to 64, but haven't managed to improve my score at all! I did find a VEX though, which was nice :)

Also I'm going to be out of town for a couple of days without D2, so it's a chance for others to catch up... Although I plan to run enough to get my nec to 95 before the MFO finishes, so plenty to do when I get back...

Good luck, have fun, don't die!
1310 Pit runs so far, but nothing really worth keeping. Thought about swapping to CS, but couldn't kill fast enough on /p7.

EXP is kind of stopped as well, with all the dying. >.>;; Thankfully team is keeping it interesting. Hopefully at least one decent item drops soon, though previous MFOs tell me it won't happen even with 6000 runs. :p

I will post another update around Wednesday evening (UTC-8), so please try to get something in before then. Good luck!
wow i havent done anywhere near that amoun of runs (i dont bother counting them)

No upgrades on my final 5 since sunday morning, i am getting tired of this without any upgrades at all, also nobody had a sur to trade so i cant take my sorc to the pits...
It is really strange: you can run for hours and not find anything. Then; within 10 runs, you find 3 updates to your list!
Well my two runners got boring so I respec'd to a pure fire sorc to run mausoleum and Pindle at p8 ( 420 MF ). Hopefully p8 will net some runes or at the very least some exp. Score is just not improving though.
So I managed to find a Mara's off Baal to my surprise... but it doesn't appear to be on the qualifier list... or am i just going insane and can't see it? lol =\

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High