MFO Summer 2012 Signups and Progress [by zgpmf]

It's not a qualifier because no jewelry is elite. ATMA considers them normal, actually, but I'm not sure if that's correct according to game files or just the logical progression because you can find jewelry in any difficulty.
Well you only need specific character levels to make unique jewelry drop so yeah its not elite - not even maras

i found another nice non qualifier - a perfect vipermagi ^^- new dress for the necro (after the MFO - until then he will wear his wealth )
The game was just horrible to me last night , I know i'll never net as many runs as some of you guys but after 3 hours of pit runs I expected more than just 2 qualifiers, seriously! Gunna go players1 for the remainder just for speed , p8 wasnt slow but it wasnt helping obviously...

Loads of grailers for me, gerkes, todeasfaelle flame (never seen this item before) , loads of runes, just a distinct lack of unique/set elite stuff!

FML!
Refer to my Sunday, the feeling is mutual Twibz no worries. I don't want to run on P1 because the experience is nill, but I don't want to run on P5+ because it slows me to a crawl.
Pindle is bad today as well. Not one qualifier yet and 1 death. :(

I think I have to reskill and put 20 points into decoy to keep the valk alive. Or go back to /p3. I just don't have the gear to off him fast enough as it is now.
Thats why i run him on /p1 - i dont have any plans to make the necro 99 so all the exp is just gravy ^^and /p1 is fast

today pindle is rather nice - not good items - but better then the rest
i now have 15 qualifiers (my 3 worst i ofc have triple :p)
P/1 all the way it is then! I atleast wanna have 5 qualifiers whether they all be IKSC or not!
Twibz said:
Just a question guys: Im running level85 areas, does that mean i can use items from both the pits and CS as qualifiers? pits is my primary target but whilst doing a full boss/worthy area clear before bed i have found a qualifier in CS. Is this allowed? If not its fine , not a great find but hey, its a top 5 :crazyeyes:
Moar said:
Yes. All lvl85 areas EXCEPT AT go into the same category. So you can combine as you wish. :)
You might want to check if drops from sealbosses and Diablo himself are allowed. I think in most cases they are to be excluded. Haven't checked if this is the case for this MFO as i run a different area.
Are drops from level 83/84 areas allowed?
zaphodbrx said:
i dont think so

Cyrax said:
You might want to check if drops from sealbosses and Diablo himself are allowed. I think in most cases they are to be excluded. Haven't checked if this is the case for this MFO as i run a different area.

and here is the answer for that
zgpmf said:
Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)
Cyrax said:
Drops from sealbosses and Diablo are not allowed.

zaphodbrx said:

No, only from 85.
I've received a few questions about how often updates should be sent to me. Honestly, send them hourly if you want. I'll update again when I get emails from enough people. Unless there's a schedule I should be following, Mr. MFO Host?

But yeah, the more the merrier. On a slight tangent, the amount of time I spend physically at work is highly variable based on circumstances and need. This MFO happened to coincide with me having a lot of time I don't have to be there. Wee!
With the runs i did today that brings me exactly at the same amount i did the entire previous MFO. Since we're about halfway that would mean that i'd be close to doubling that if i can keep this up.
Sidenote: Lvl 98 is near and, if i don't die, is certainly gonna happen during this MFO.
I just found a ber rune, YAY! about to roll an infinity and get my sorc into the pits, i think i have the best rubne luck so far, Um,Mal,Ber,Zod :p

i hope it rolls well!
hmmm with todays tuns i practically doubled the total amount of runs i have done so far

i hope i can keep this pace becasue today was rather rewarding (i even got my first gheeds)

now i have some qualifieres that are decent and i wont have to be ashamed of - well considering the stuff i had before everything thats worth more than 2 points is decent for me ^^
Pindle officially hates me. I'm up to 2k runs now and all I have to show for it is utter rubbish! Close to giving up, but then I can't let Pindle win....
wow 2 k runs - i got to 1.2k today but i will get you - and you probably have better rubbish than i have
if i mashed the items pindle gave me i could put water on it and sell it in the bar as crapjuice
I would like to happydance at this moment, for no reason at all.

:jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:

<3 u MFO
NO Happydances! Not until I find all 10 billion items!
I've probably passed 5k xD

lol @crapjuice.

I'm about to do 3-4 hours. it's been 2 days since my last HR, adn 2 days before that the previous, so I'm expecting a jah today.
Would a tin suffice? :rolf:
do you mean a tir? A tin is fine.

Edit: Found a powered circlet of the magus (I think - it has 3 lite skills and 20 fcr)
Damn, that's a pity about the mara's... I thought for sure I had finally found a qualifier for the night (I'm a newbie to this), but alas D2 hates me, lol.
mr teach said:
if i mashed the items pindle gave me i could put water on it and sell it in the bar as crapjuice
Hahahahahahaha :rolf:
Last two days have been terrible. Sending the update now and it's probably the last one. Maybe get something done on weekend.
Sent an update. My top 5 is shaping up somewhat nicely. Any improvements from here have to be pretty good items.
Two of the items in my top 5 are the same one, but one of them is eth ;)
I'm sending update also. I'm very curious too see the Pindle standings. This time please gieb moar info :p
i will send an update at the end of today - so in round about 15 hours or so
i would send an update but absolutely nothing has changed for me....

I think i am done for now anyways, i am seriously bored of pit runs.
I will post updates 12 hours from now.

Got another Jah, this time in WSK.
juck after 150 "good morning pindle" runs i only got one qualifier and that one is of the categorie "perfect as base for juice"
Update sent. I fully expect to be in last place. Found one upgrade today, but still nothing good.
2 more (disappointing) qualifiers yesterday and 3 more today. One of them was an upgrade so that's something.

Finding BK's ring and another Vex rune also kept me satisfied during the otherwise very poor runs.

Hammerdin is also level 93 so that's nice.

aaaaand go go team fail!:jig:
Will send my first update at the end of tonight (around 11pm British time)

Luck better be better today and tomorrow as they are the only 2 days I have left to run ! So basically gotta get real lucky in 10ish hours of L85 running on p/1 with hammydinny. Someone please wish me luck!
So I'll update around when zgpmf does (4.5 hours from now, more or less) and edit in anything I get within the next 24 like last time.

I have not received an email since the first update from: BaronScarpia, mr teach

I have not received an update at all from: zemaj, Fabian, omgwtfbbqmfoasap, some guy named Jason

If either of those last two statements are incorrect, please correct.

And after a quick preliminary look...you guys are probably not going to like the "more info." Well, most of you. :evil2:

And to avoid the double post, so far today on the playing front...three runs, two qualifiers (nothing world-ending but top 5 at least), a Mal, and a Barb Masteries skiller. Sustainable? Let's find out...
Update sent. 4 new items in the top 5 so i'd say that's improvement.

Won't be running the next couple of days. RSI was killing me today during work (even switched to left hand for using the mouse a bit) and tomorrow i don't have the time anyway. Hopefully i'll be back in full effect for the weekend.
Received from two people so far. Will post in ~ 6 hours.

No real changes here, but update has been sent in anyway. D2 gods are quite unkind this time.
To the Alvl 85 host: I have no qualifiers yet. I'll run it a bit at some point this weekend though (and maybe sooner) and I'll send updates when I have some things :)
As promised, Pindle+ so far the second.

1. zgpmf
2. nulio
3. zaphodbrx
4. scrcrw
5. mr teach
6. Kiteeh ;)
7. BaronScarpia
8. Moar
9. queenEm

Will edit in late replies, etc.

For those of you who wanted to know more than just the numbers...here's a quick graphical representation of how things are going.
12------------------------3456---7--89
Caution: Not exactly to scale by any means.

zgpmf and nulio are so close...can't say...*explodes* also...both of your top 2 :loving:

The rest of it is up for grabs, two good drops for Moar/queenEm could reverse that whole section (and two of 345 are actually tied, I don't think that's giving too much away). mr teach is [STRIKE]well behind[/STRIKE] caught up with the normals.

zgpmf: 3rd update sent!

Cyrax said:
Won't be running the next couple of days. RSI was killing me today during work (even switched to left hand for using the mouse a bit) and tomorrow i don't have the time anyway. Hopefully i'll be back in full effect for the weekend.

It's better to stop. My wrist hurts so I won't be doing AT for now. No top 5 item so there's no chance of winning... yet :p

Vex

2 lightsabres ¬¬ aaand

Death Slippers™
Code:
Death Slippers
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 64
Durability: 11 of 14
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 49
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xda3995e1
+15 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +38%
Lightning Resist +39%
+1 to Light Radius
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

edit: GO GO MR TEACH!
i am i am - i just want to grind pindle a little longer and then before i go to bed i will send and update
hopefully taking me out of place 9
now pindle go and drop me a golden unearthed wand - or better five
Stopping is not an option. This is just a minor speedbump on the way to victory. :strong:

Is Kiteeh, Kitteh in disguise? Whatever the case: Come on Kiteeh/Kitteh, you can do it!
I've had a big score change since sending my update, although the difference it would make is unknown :loving:
Somewhere in that big mass of hyphens, surely.

I can only hope AT doesn't look like Pindle, or I may as well pack it in now.
Thank for the detailed update Anaesthesia :)

Damn mister zgpmf. I was hoping to see that I could start running less but I guess I can't drop my guard!

Great boots hernang. I wouldn't mind finding one like those. Too bad 1.13d can't also give str there.
I can report that I'm back home from my trip to the US, and I started running a bit. I found a good qualifier ~3 minutes in. Fun game this.
Must.Kill.Pindle.More. ;)
I arrogantly thought I was going to win Pindle :loving:
Other 85 areas:

1.Nagisa
2.Ilandalar
3.Malevolent*
4.Horseheadnebula
5.FoE*
6.Zaph*
7.Pyrotechnician*
8.WoRG*

AT:

1.Frozzzen*
2.Kimppi
3.Pharphis
4.Hernang
5.Anaesthesia
6.Jason*
7.Pyrotechnician*

*- haven't send the second update
Both of the people I'm ahead of: "oh yeah, haven't bothered with AT yet." Guess I need to get on the grind.
Just a note, I have only found 1 qualifier in A85s so far and none in Baal (though I haven't ran as much as I would've liked), hence haven't sent in a score yet.
Zqpmf, I'm going to have to withdraw from the MFO mate.
Anaesthesia said:
I have not received an email since the first update from: BaronScarpia, mr teach
Hmmm... It's correct. You could add "because Baron didn't manage to get 1 single upgrade on his score on the past 1500 runs" :badteeth: (thinking about it know, I should've sent again the same update". So, yep, Kitteh is ahead of me. My last update still is up-to-date.
so i finally send in my result - killing pindle took longer than expected - hopefully tomorrow i can kill him another 900 times - and maybe - just maybe i get some good qualifiers

well i am off to bed now - good grinding everybody
zgpmf said:
Other 85 areas:

1.Nagisa
2.Ilandalar
3.Malevolent*
4.Horseheadnebula
5.FoE*
6.Zaph*
7.Pyrotechnician*
8.WoRG*

AT:

1.Frozzzen*
2.Kimppi
3.Pharphis
4.Hernang
5.Anaesthesia
6.Jason*
7.Pyrotechnician*

*- haven't send the second update
I just found a decent boost. Are you going to edit this post or do a new one once you're received a few more updates?
Will edit this post if anyone sends update in the near future.

Baal:
1) Cyrax
2) zgpmf
3) SkaMan
4) Paradigmshift
5) WoRG

Separation chart:

1-2-3[--the universe--]4-----5.
Edited after minor improvements by mr teach. (Congrats, nice finds, etc.) :D
Fabian said:
I can report that I'm back home from my trip to the US, and I started running a bit. I found a good qualifier ~3 minutes in. Fun game this.
Now that I'm 4 hours 44 minutes into running, I sent an update. Not to spoil anything, but after talking to Nagisa, it looks like I'm in first place :hides: :loving:
Shuckle has now reached level 95 :), just past the 1000 run mark! (1015). Found a nice item earlier, too. Time to see how many runs for the 1% of exp bar. My guess is. . . either 16 or 20.

i didnt send i a second update becuase like i said, here, i havent improved anything :p
Yesterday my sorc reached level 96 in AT p3 runs, the xp bar goes up really fast. By the end of the MFO you'll reach 3/4 xp.*

*accuracy: 50%.**

**percentages may not be accurate.

What happened to Kitteh? RL?
^I think it's related to trade status, so we'll just have to wait and see.

You think I can make it that high? It really looks like it'll take 1500-1600 runs, and I don't think I can get more than 600-800 at the most in the next few days (I want to focus a bit on the other category, alvl 85)

I'm going to send in another update because my score boosted by a lot.
I'll be back home tonight for more Baaling, he's had a couple of days respite from me but no more... Cyrax, zgpmf, I'm coming for you!
Updates sent, late as I had to work late tonight, Grrrr...looks like the same tomorrow too...

Very modest improvement in Alvl85, but a nice jump in the Baal category (tho' I'm sure it falls short of the mark as yet...)

WoRG
You moved up a spot WoRG. Separation is still somewhat large between you and the top 3 though.

Looks like Fabian will seal away level 85 areas, unless bassano or someone else sneaks in with a last second update. My score has now gone up ~ 4 points in the last 2000 runs (/p7, average 7-8 bosspacks), and it was pretty terrible to begin with. Runes are doing decently, but much fewer than in the beginning.

EDIT: 27 durability ethereal Archon Staff... game is officially in troll mode.
Hit 463 Baal runs this far tonight. Died. Currently lvl 97. Was almost 1/8 way to 98, but no way i could get my body back so that's gone. I was hoping to get 1100 runs in and make 98, but dont see that happening now. Anyways, nothing to report find-wise. A Gul is the only rune worth mentioning.

Just want to say this is the worst luck I've ever experienced in an MFO. I mean, there is nothing dropping for me. I improved my top5 by one item today. I would think with as crappy as the items that are in my top5, 200 Baal runs would net more than 1 improvement.

I'm trying Team Kittens!!!
uhh look i am not dead last anymore - thats the kind of motivation i need - lets see if pindle today is willing to drop those golden unearthen wands (got a yellow one yesterday as well as a ellow archon staff and loads of yellow legendary mallets)
Im sorry to the LVL85 score guy! Didnt manage to email my status last night, RL issues were a pain and unavoidable :(

got me 2 more qualifiers though and both grailers, so I now have 4 qualifiers, maybe more? What is the item levels of items dropped in CS and by seal packs? Cos during some manic battle I cannot work out if a particular item qualifies for MFO or not for the L85 category :/

Only got tonight to run and will send my final score in, hopefully , hopefully I get amazing luck when i put on the maras i just traded with fabian and drop me 5 tyraels, otherwise I cannot see me getting off bottom spot in this :(
Twibz, I wonder what you mean by you 'have four qualifiers' Perhaps you mean four good qualifiers? Because I have 25 qualifiers and I didn't even run that much, and I didn't pick up stuff like IK maul or LoH. You are aware that stuff like IK maul or LoH are actually qualifiers?
zaphodbrx said:
Twibz, I wonder what you mean by you 'have four qualifiers' Perhaps you mean four good qualifiers? Because I have 25 qualifiers and I didn't even run that much, and I didn't pick up stuff like IK maul or LoH. You are aware that stuff like IK maul or LoH are actually qualifiers?
I mean any item on the list is a qualifier, any elite set/unique is a qualifier, and i only have four, poor luck for me in my first ever MFO, I would be chuffed if i got a IK maul or a LoH to make up a top 5 for me lol, it doesnt help that i cant run half as much as I would want due to work and other RL stuff, but i digress...

2 of them are in the top half of the scoring table and one is in the top 20? maybe 15? so I'm pretty confident I'll be last, but the fun is just being part of this event I suppose, love seeing the updates, and I really need to send my status to zgpmf, I'm really lacking here and I apologise.
I'm almost finishing my RL work. Yesterday I managed to do only 200 runs... That means I'll have to make up for it.

@Twibz: Try to see things this way: you need 5 five qualifiers from the top XX of the table. You can get those in 1-5 runs (or 5 thousand). Personally, I think it's better to find one good qualifier per day or something instead of finding 5 decent items on a single day and nothing else... Iirc, I got two of my qualifires in 10 runs and nothing better on the past 8 hours of pindle... That kind of "ice age of drops" makes the next hour a little harder. Keep in mind that 5 items can put you on the top of the list or in a tie with 1st place. What the chance of that happen? Not zero. As in: what's the chance of finding 5 T-Mights on AT or 5 D-webs on pindle in 5 runs? Not zero. (But not that far from zero, but you got it...)
NagisaFurukawa said:
Will edit this post if anyone sends update in the near future.

Baal:
1) Cyrax
2) zgpmf
3) SkaMan
4) Paradigmshift
5) WoRG

Separation chart:

1-2-3[--the universe--]4-----5.
What?? I'm actually in the lead? That's..unexpected. Did expect to climb a bit, but not this much. Still no updates from 4 people it seems so maybe they got good scores. For now it's a matter of hoping i didn't get the lead to early in the game.

Oh no Kitteh! We may be in trouble if he drops out as he's our only Pindle runner.
well if the numbers in the Gomule dropcalc are somewhat reliable that than the possibility of finding 5 D-webs in five consecutive Pindle runs is 1 in 100.000.000.000.000.000.000 that 10^20 thats one hundred Quintillion (i had to google that)
so that a little improbable

go go pindle drop me 5 dwebs
I have to drop out mate, bit of a mishap with some old stashes. Or more accurately, a monumental **** up. Sorry!
mr teach said:
well if the numbers in the Gomule dropcalc are somewhat reliable that than the possibility of finding 5 D-webs in five consecutive Pindle runs is 1 in 100.000.000.000.000.000.000 that 10^20 thats one hundred Quintillion (i had to google that)
so that a little improbable

go go pindle drop me 5 dwebs
Only a little improbable??

@Kitteh: Just finished reading up on the EMB talk so i'm now aware of what happened. It really is a shame, but you didn't seem to have done it on purpose so i won't hold it against you. Now i just got to push those other slackers in our team a bit harder to win their respective categories. :p If we win all but Pindle we still should have a good chance of a team victory.
yes only a little - well you only need to do that many runs and you have it guaranteed do get at least one D-web drop - well not guaranteed but if you aint got one than Pinlde really hates you
Was actually referring to your calculation of 5 dwebs in 5 runs. I'd say chances of that are more then just a little improbable.
It is a shame, because I was really enjoying the MFO and I like helping people out with gear. End of the day though, (assuming I'm right on how it happened) it was purely down to my carelessness, thus it's my fault, so the consequences are fully deserved.
well it might just happen with all the people running pindle for the MFO :p

but yes you are right it is rather improbable - even if one runs pindle for the next 60 years with 30 secs each run and he only runs pindle - 18 hours a day - well then he still wouldn't get beyond 43 million runs and that is still only a small portion of the porbability

so all in all - even with all the forum trying i dont think we will see someone getting 5 death webs from pindle in 5 consecutive runs

Now about to send my final 5 in! Got 3 nice drops to make up a top 5 and its not entirely pathetic, still possibly bottom though... But oh well, we'll see how it all goes.

And the reason for this being the final 5 now is due to the bank holiday weekend in england now being upon me and me and the girlfriend are spending the whole weekend together so no time for d2 until tuesday after work is done tomorrow.

Good luck to all the contestants, hope you win! And i hope you dont choose one of my particular top 5 if you are a winner, it is my first ever and I wanna use it on a build :')
i have to drop out too unfortunately, i got involved in kitteh's misshap...

HC for me now :p

if anyone wants i can post what i found but it all has to be deleted. I got 34 qualifiers total
Post what you found anyway! It could be motivation for me to do some more mf...
In about 5000 runs, my highlights were; Darkforce Spawn, Cerebus bite, Steelspire, Steelrend and Death Cleaver.

NQ;
- 3 tal armours
- 2 IK armours
- 2 bers and a jah
- 33life SS skiller

If that will encourage anybody! Good luck to all :loving:
Kitteh you are hardcore!!!!!!
yeah kitteh is insanely lucky and does way to many runs
i still haven't done nearly half as many

btw kitteh is so hardcore - he found a steelspire - that item isnt even on the list :p
Stormspire! Shhhhh... :loving:
That's an impressive haul Kitteh! Sorry to hear about your mix up and unintentional forced restart :(

So Baal is still stooging me... I haven't been able to improve my score at all in the time it has taken to go about 2/3 way from 94 to 95! He must be saving something good for me...
Did about 130 runs tonight, no improvements at all to my score or rune wealth. I think highest was a Ko, and maybe twice.

almost died once or twice as usual :p
Oh, and I got 3 unique items from the chest at once ;)
No improvements, ZG? Even I improved... My sorc is level 91 now (it's a improvement... :coffee:). Anyway, I need to update my scores later today (that will count as tommorow for sleeping purposes/arm resting), when I hit 4k pindle runs.

There'll be another partial scores before the end of MFO?

Anyway, I plan to hit 5k runs and do a few more p/4 runs to reach level 92, if necessary. (Do you know if one loses XP on pvp deaths?) If everything goes well on RL, I plan to send my final scores on sunday night.
*teehee*
Shako and Lycander's flank from the chest! Niiiice.
Can't sleep, so doing some more runs.
I leveled my druid from 84 to 91 on p3 pits

My top 5 ended up as...

-griffons
-steel rends
-shadow dancers
-earth shifter
-steel carapace

Best other finds
-Zod
-Ber
-azure wrath (first unique phase blade too :p)

it's a shame i had to dro out, i could have been a real contender
Mal pass me teh griffanz! Lol I wish I had a griffons drop for me :(
The first 5½ hours was one of the hottest streaks I can remember. Unfortunately it's been followed by the coldest streak ever in the next 7 hours. I've had a Facet and a few unique rings drop, and that's literally it. Pretty sick.

This is my official complaint to get good drops again. Thanks for reading.
Fabian said:
The first 5½ hours was one of the hottest streaks I can remember. Unfortunately it's been followed by the coldest streak ever in the next 7 hours. I've had a Facet and a few unique rings drop, and that's literally it. Pretty sick.

This is my official complaint to get good drops again. Thanks for reading.
That's exactly what happened to me in Pindle category.
This post is designed purely to annoy WoRG. Look what I found today whilst not doing a MFO run:

Di0Tc.jpg

:badteeth:
The game pissed me off enough for me to close it down and open up excel. After some rough excel math, I can now happily announce I'm in a bottom 0.65% 9½ hour stretch. That is, after 9½ hours of playing, I'm 99.35% to have found at least one TC87 at some point. This is ignoring all the other decent haul pic items (Conqueror Crown/Zakarum Shield/Earth Spirit type stuff), and it's also ignoring items found from Minions and Regulars. Add all that in, and I figure it has to be at least 99.9%.

If I had more energy, I'd figure out the chance of finding 11 TC87s (and a few other good items) in 5½ hours, followed by finding 0 TC87s/other good items in the next 9½ hours. Gotta be some very very small number.

Basically, FML.
Just got a double durability blue unearthed wand from Pindle. Why couldn't he roll that unique instead???

*cries*
Moar said:
Just got a double durability blue unearthed wand from Pindle. Why couldn't he roll that unique instead???

*cries*
I got two of those in the last 5 hours too, fwiw.

More whining goes here.
Fabian said:
I got two of those in the last 5 hours too, fwiw.

More whining goes here.
How much MF do you carry?

810 on kill switch, 660 on hork (56%) switch.
Am I reading something wrong, or why would you hork with less MF? I mean, just use the kill switch then?
Probably plus skills for better hork chance?
Very small progress numbers wise, like a fraction of a point, with only frustrating duplicates to show for. And to top it all off I ignored a Dragonscale shield thinking it's a HoZ (which I have plenty of).
Kitteh, 56% is pretty outrageously high as it is, and as far as I know higher than any other barb on this forum (at least MF Barb, maybe someone's Travbarb, where MF is irrelevant, has a lot of +skills or something); slvl 33, fwiw. 57% happens at slvl 38, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not particuarly feasible to get there.

zaphod, the hork switch has 105% (106) FCR while the kill switch has 16% FCR. Horking on kill switch is almost definitely incorrect as far as efficiency goes.

Edit: Sorry Kitteh, I initially missed zaphod's reply and thought your post was a (silly) suggestion for me, not a reply to zaphod. You're right that the hork switch also has +4 FI compared to my kill switch, which means 56% hork instead of 55%. Mainly it's the FCR difference that's relevant though.
Aaaaaaand there goes my weekend. Go last place!

Never did find anything earth-shattering, but if one or two of the winners want anything, go right ahead; I'm unlikely to continue playing SC after this anyway. Totally getting personalized though ;)

Quick PS: zero deaths, levelling or running. Could have done it HC after all. Just didn't want to take the risk of having to roll up a new character mid-week.
Fabian said:
Kitteh, 56% is pretty outrageously high as it is, and as far as I know higher than any other barb on this forum (at least MF Barb, maybe someone's Travbarb, where MF is irrelevant, has a lot of +skills or something); slvl 33, fwiw. 57% happens at slvl 38, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not particuarly feasible to get there.

zaphod, the hork switch has 105% (106) FCR while the kill switch has 16% FCR. Horking on kill switch is almost definitely incorrect as far as efficiency goes.

Edit: Sorry Kitteh, I initially missed zaphod's reply and thought your post was a (silly) suggestion for me, not a reply to zaphod. You're right that the hork switch also has +4 FI compared to my kill switch, which means 56% hork instead of 55%. Mainly it's the FCR difference that's relevant though.
It's cool, I have a habit of saying silly things, so you probably should assume I'm talking **** :loving:
Fabian said:

I use dual Hoto on switch to reach that 56% + Arachnids and some fcr on amulet for 105 BP. Your MF numbers are a bit higher than mine but that means nothing if you just don't have luck and lose against a singer. :p
I will.... NOT... lose.. to a... SINGER!!!

*moar runs*

(99.35% tho)
Would you guys like another update before final res? Who wants to know where (s)he stands then I will compile the standings only from those who send the update in the next 12 hours.
I'll post another update for Baal in 12 hours as well.

Not going to send an update to zgpmf, but rest assured score is the same (aka, please include me anyway, :p).
Yes, new update.

I hope I get any improvements before sending something later tonight.
nulio said:
Yes, new update.

I hope I get any improvements before sending something later tonight.
I also got nothing since the last update. Still a dead race I guess. :)

EDIT:
@Phaprphis

I forgot about your email, sorry. You are in the lead ATM.
Sent update, not sure I'll get any runs done in 12h.
zgpmf said:
I also got nothing since the last update. Still a dead race I guess. :)

EDIT:
@Phaprphis

I forgot about your email, sorry. You are in the lead ATM.
I've been waiting for this! Wooooooooo!!!!
Didn't play the last 2 days and only a little today. Still got lucky. Found 4 qualifiers and 2 of them ended up in my top 5 so new update sent!

*checks teams* Way to go Pharpy :highfive:
The other member of your team (me) is a complete failure, so I'm glad Pharphy is picking up my slack.
Got two upgrades today, so I shall not complain for once. Hoping for 3rd place. Update sent.
Pyrotechnician said:
The other member of your team (me) is a complete failure, so I'm glad Pharphy is picking up my slack.
I'll keep hitting AT hoping for minor improvements or something. You hit pit like crazy because I don't think I ever have a qualifier from there, yet lol
Improved my score in A85. Baal is still being a stingy git. Hopefully the weekend won't be as carp as the rest of the week and I'll get some running done.

I did want to go out over the weekend but it's a Bank Holiday Monday here which means people doing long weekends will be off already and causing traffic havoc.

pharphis said:
I'll keep hitting AT hoping for minor improvements or something. You hit pit like crazy because I don't think I ever have a qualifier from there, yet lol
I think I can do that, I'm doing better in that category anyway, seem to find more there even though my runs are much slower. The game is funny like that.
I'll sent an update for Anaesthesia right know, just in case. (You know, friday night, beers...) - but I plan to do at least 500 runs tonight. And I'm feeling lucky. :coffee:
sent my final points. leaving to sailing trip so cannot run anymore. played pits with poison necro p7 settings. made 577 runs. average time was crappy about 2,5min. my top 5 wasn't anything great but becouse nature of poison necro playing style got nice non quolifiers. especially warm feeling was when got fungal gc of balance. i have tried find, trade and rolled it longer time and now character who actually would use it found it :) best runes were jah and ohm. thanks zgpmf for organizing this.

some non quolifiers:
Code:
Fungal Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xdf59ad79
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x377067f3
Item Level: 85
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
+18 to Life

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x78f387f9
+19 to Life
+13 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x71ba63a6
+15 to Mana
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 127
Durability: 9 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x6155611d
Unidentified
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+166% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items  <- my second selffound 50mf
+30 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x1f6b196c
+239 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Sapphire Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x9565ab3e
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Cold Resist +30%

Jade Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xe5f5f9d8
Poison Resist +9%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Cunning Greater Talons
Greater Talons
One Hand Damage: 21 - 35
Durability: 56 of 69
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 79
Required Dexterity: 79
Fingerprint: 0x8f60cfa4
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Steel Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5d7be125
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+34 to Attack Rating

Sapphire Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x2398268e
+9 to Life
Cold Resist +11%
MFO rules should change imho... Cunning Greater Talons with +2 LS = clear winner. Skillers of balance are cool, as well. Congrats HHN! Have a nice trip 👋. (And he won't see this before trip is over...)

Quick late question: you need to have screenshots of your findings? I think I have 5 of 5, but I use to do drunk runs on weekends...
So uh. Sent my first update. >_>
Okay. Baal update time~

1) WoRG
2) zgpmf
3) Cyrax
4) Paradigmshift
5) SkaMan
6) zemaj

EDIT: ...and WoRG pops in and takes a commanding lead. Updated above.
BaronScarpia said:
MFO rules should change imho... Cunning Greater Talons with +2 LS = clear winner. Skillers of balance are cool, as well. Congrats HHN! Have a nice trip 👋. (And he won't see this before trip is over...)

Quick late question: you need to have screenshots of your findings? I think I have 5 of 5, but I use to do drunk runs on weekends...
Uh... don't remember reading the screenshots thing anywhere and if we do need them I'm screwed because I only take them for runes or something truely amazing.

Ps slight improvement in score but nothing win worthy. Maybe Sunday will do better...:/
Updates sent...REALLY wanna see the Baal standings after, had a couple awesome drops!!!!
Lvl85 area score continues to climb slowly...

Non-qualifiers have been pretty nice as well, couple perfect facets (lite + psn), some nice charms, and a PERFECT gheeds!! However, everybody else needs to quit hogging all the rune luck...my highest is FAL!!!

WoRG
ahhh well with no runs done yesterday i will try to get as many as possible done today and then send my update
Other 85 areas:

1.Fabian
2.Nagisa
3.Twibz
4.Horseheadnebula
5.WoRG
6.Pyrotechnician

AT:

1.Kimppi
2.Frozzzen
3.Pharphis
4.Jason
5.Pyrotechnician

If anyone else wants to be edited in just send an email.
And Worg takes the lead! I finally managed to improve my score, only took the entire time to level from 94 to 95 :banghead:

Update sent, but I've still got another day to run and it looks like I've got my work cut out for me... Good luck everyone!
Oh boy, this does not bode well. Just checked my current top 5 and no less than 3 of them are improvements for my perfect grail, including 2 near perfects. I have to either make sure i win, or pray the people ahead of me are nice enough to not loot me.
I think you can ask people to replace your pgrailers for non-perfect but still good versions of items. Winning, of course, can be a definitive solution.

I plan to hit 4000 runs, switch to p7 to reach lvl 92 and send my final results. I hurt one finger this week, and it's starting to become annoying.
Sorry Pindle-runners, Eastern time here (3 am? :p)

Just let me pick through l'inbox and get another update before I flee.

PINDLE+ (including datestamp of last update, let me know if I've missed one since)
1. zgpmf (24th)
2. nulio (24th)
3. omgwtfbbqpwned (25th)
4. Moar (24th)
5. zaphodbrx (21st)
6. scrcrw (22nd)
7. mr teach (22nd)
8. BaronScarpia (24th)
9. queenEm (21st)

zgpmf and nulio officially made my day by both being all "oh yeah, totally didn't find anything", then you both updated and you in fact did find anything, both of you...only all you did was move even closer together...thanks for the entertainment this morning.

12---34-----5678--9

Edit: Sorry Moar, I'm just blind. ;)
Aaarghh

Well, good to know he can drop TC87s.
Well I did find more stuff after I said that :p But it was still not enough... Running Pindle all weekend then!
I've sent an update for Pindle yesterday. Could you please check again? It was a major upgrade. :)

Edit: I resent the mail also.
Changed my map. From gloams to dolls.
Edited. Whoops.
ah well i will send my final update tomorrow after i did the last run - no sense in sending one now - had no major updates
so its extreme pindle running the rest of today and tomorrow- i want to get to the 3rd place - at least:crazyeyes:

Thyiad said:
Changed my map. From gloams to dolls.
Uggghhh! That's an improvement? I HATE dolls!

Woot! Very stoked with my new placement in the Baal standings!!

Cyrax: I'm in the same boat, re:looting...my top item is very nearly perfect!!! I can say that if I win, I will ask others to choose an item they got during the running to personalize for looting...that way I gets mah trophies, but cause no heartaches :D

WoRG
I'm watching this series while I'm running.

It was made in the 80's and Ruth Mott died recently.

Fascinating insight into how they did stuff in that era without gadgets. What struck me was how labour intensive things were. No wonder such big houses had big staff.
WoRG said:
I can say that if I win, I will ask others to choose an item they got during the running to personalize for looting...that way I gets mah trophies, but cause no heartaches :D
Are they just gonna be stashed or do you plan to actually use them?

However the rest of this MFO turns out, at least i got one goal i set for myself. Lightning_speed just reached 98.
Yeah... I think I won't make it... I did 4k runs at /p1 and a few hundred (without counter) at /p8. Sorc is already at lvl 92. Hand is gone for good. Also, I'm on a family (emergency?) thing right now. I'll see, but I'll probably sent the final update with minor changes soon.

(Luckly, I had one non-qualifier to save the week - the charm I posted on IFT)
Hey WoRG. Dunno if you saw my taunting pic or not. My best rune from the MFO is still an Um, though I found a Ber with another character I was testing after a respec. I'll get one last series of runs in today, so there's still a chance you'll get something better than an Um (hopefully not another Ber, because that would just annoy me, given I have an Infinity base and another Ber). ;)
My best rune was Fal, I think.

I dunno if I do some more runs in mf gear, if I do some runs in levelling gear... We can run the whole day tommorow, right?
Cyrax said:
Are they just gonna be stashed or do you plan to actually use them?
Well, it depends on what was chosen...an Arachnid Mesh, for example, would certainly see use, but alot of uniques are...um...lacking in utility. :D

Jason: its cool, no matter how it turns out...heh, your rune luck has been far better than mine (still at Fal for best MFO rune...), but it seems to be raining HRs these days, so maybe you(I) will get lucky yet :p

Baal is being a sadistic tease today...He dropped me a perfect Ruby jewel of Fervor, and its even red!!! Too bad its the wrong Ruby... :unimpressed:
I can't help but feel like the Random Number Gremlin is like this: :rolf:
Code:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xab48ab18
Fire Resist +30%
15% Increased Attack Speed
Approaching 98.5 myself...MFO is good for motivation, and I've avoided any deaths so far *touch wood*
(But my wrist is very sore...)

WoRG
Good luck to all those still running~ Just 21 more hours of this torture to go here. :badteeth:

@zgpmf: When I send final Baal results, do you want readouts/etc. or just the list of final standings/items?
NagisaFurukawa said:
Good luck to all those still running~ Just 21 more hours of this torture to go here. :badteeth:

@zgpmf: When I send final Baal results, do you want readouts/etc. or just the list of final standings/items?
You can just forward the mails with readouts to me.

My progress is awful, I'm running a lot but Baal/Pindle just don't want to drop any goodies anymore. I need a miracle to win Baal category and hold onto the first place in Pindle category.
I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to put anymore running into the schedule. No progress since my first update.
I have not done any runs since the 23rd/24th and it doesn't look like I'll be able to squeeze any last minute runs either so I've sent my final update, including the readouts.

This has been fun but I certainly would have wanted to have more time for it:yes:
One last mad hour to go. Upped my score significantly earlier today with a couple of nice finds.
Yeah no progress from me either. Do we have to send readouts?
MFO was really meh for me. On one hand I got a whole bunch of TC84+ grailers useless enough for no one to loot, and two HR ( Sur,Lo ). On the other hand, I didn't get any useful item either.
Well that's all done and dusted. Final results sent.
ah well i still have 7 hours and 30 minutes and i want to make them count :p

i just realised that Kira's Guardian is not on the list - any reason why? Falvie states it as Elite
I'm doing some final runs now and something happened that I have never seen before. I went to Pindle to show him that I mean business (again...) . He comes charging at me. Not surprising. I run to the back of the room and start shooting away chain lightning. He walks out the door! Pindle tried to get away! Halfway out the door of course he bit the dust but I have never seen that. Both the merc and me are at the back end of the room. Could it be that this MFO is talking it's toll out of him too? Too many heroes shooting at him?
One of the reasons I didn't run 90% of the time at p/7 is that CI pindle use to teleport to the garden. Never saw him running away... (And I did at least 10k runs over the past 10 years).

I'll run a little bit with my other sorc, since he needs to hit lvl 80, and call it a day, or week :ponder:.
mr teach said:
ah well i still have 7 hours and 30 minutes and i want to make them count :p

i just realised that Kira's Guardian is not on the list - any reason why? Falvie states it as Elite
Flavie is kinda wrong in that respect, since both circlets and coronets upgrade to tiaras, then tiaras upgrade to diadems. Tiaras are indeed concidered exceptional items by the game.
good to know

just had one of those ahhh moments a while ago - when i realised that pindle can only drop one kind of unique sacred armor and thus the ID lost its excitement
30 hours and 3 minutes in four days, I think I'm done even though it's only 9pm.

..or not, we'll see.

Fabian said:
30 hours and 3 minutes in four days, I think I'm done even though it's only 9pm.

..or not, we'll see.
Any improvements?

I managed to improve my Baal top 5, now will try Pindle.
Any improvements?

Oh yes.
Fabian said:
Any improvements?

Oh yes.
What level is your zerker now? Hit 96 ?

I've done 1750ish runs now, and haven't improved my score since run 1030. . .
I have now found 2 vex, though :)
94. He's not built for going higher than that, he dies quite a lot.
Enough is enough. Pushed myself further than i should have. Results don't reflect that unfortunately. Improved a bit, but highly unlikely that it's enough to win. I'll be glad if i can keep the spot of the last update.

Final results sent.
Enough! 850 runs today and I am going insane. Will send final results tomorrow.
mr teach said:
i just realised that Kira's Guardian is not on the list
That's interesting, I just noticed that it IS on the Baal list, but NOT on the alvl85 list....Hmmmm....

and you really shouldn't gieb hints like that...it spoils the competition :(

WoRG
jjscud expressed his thoughts on Kira's Guardian being a qualifer in this thread. I guess he just forgot to add it to the alvl85/Pindle lists. In the end it really doesn't matter for the results. :)

My results are fairly disappointing this time. I was especially hoping for a grailer. Maybe I shouldn't have slacked so much during the week. No more runs for me, I'll send the results later.
Ran for 3 hours so far today...really hoping for something to come by and make my day...best thing so far though is a 40% ed jewel...Still much more time left though. More runs!!!!
my clock says its monday -so no more running for me

ahh well only 600 runs done today - and not the planned 1200 - darn real life friends that spontaneously decide to show up

that makes 3810 pindle runs - way less than i could have done would i have run like i did in the end all the time

410 S/U - only 59 qualifiers - gonna send my final result now
About 50mins left for me.

I'm really disappointed with the sound levels on recent documentaries. Today I've watched one on caravans, one on training Marines, another series on Paratroopers and one on two early English Queens. All but the last made in the eighties. The one on the north face of the Eiger was unwatchable due to music overlaying the speech. :( Shame, looked interesting. Gave up on a couple of others too; same issue.

If I'm awake enough, I'll send results tonight, if not it'll be approximately 12-14 hours from now.

EDIT:
Called it with 20mins to go. Too tired to run and it isn't worth the risk of dying.
Results send, got nice Baal qualifier 3 hours before, and Pindle qualifier only 45 minutes before midnight. Pushed my zon very close to 99 even with few deaths mostly due to dolls and wave 3, sigh.
Results sent. Possibly to the right person.

Thanks for running this. Last week was rubbish so my running time has basically been the last two days but Atil is a little older. :)
Sent my final results as well now. Can't sleep anyway.

Thanks for hosting this!
Results sent. After running all weekend like crazy I stopped around two hours before midnight when I got a new qualifier for the top5. It looks like zgpmf found something also. I'll be mad if he wins cause he was also running other targets. :p

I have registered 12734 runs P7 Pindle runs (number of kills is lower since Pindle was CI several times). Gained one level with a sorc (plan was to gain two levels but my math was waaay wrong). With mulling stuff, I probably played 72hours, my MFO record iirc.

From non qualifiers: Best runes are Lo, Jah (traded meanwhile), Sur and Cham. Got a Soj, a 20/238 Raven Frost, perfect fire and cold facets.
Congrats nulio! That's a lot of runs. Until friday I got 4000 runs, then I run yesterday at /p7 and today at /p1 with another sorc. I think I hit the planned 5000 runs....

I still have around 3-4 hours to run. Funny thing: I spent almost all my gold looking for a circlet of magus (which I got via imbue quest - see IFT), now I have to run for gold. D3 feelings... :whistling:
Results sent. Managed to up my score a bit, but probably not enough... I'll just have to wait and see! I had exactly 100 qualifiers in my MFO stash, but also picked up a few nice grailers. No high runes though, which is disappointing considering what some others have found during the MFO.

I think this shows that Baal still has a sense of humour with me though :rolf:

Code:
Chance Guards
Chain Gloves
Defense: 33
Durability: 8 of 9
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xa6ae8bdf
+24% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Attack Rating
+15 Defense
200% Extra Gold from Monsters
[B]40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items  <---  First perfect pair I've found[/B]
+2 to Light Radius
[B]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)  <--- First ethereal pair I've found[/B]
There's still 5 hours left here, but I'm done. 3775 runs, **+ hours, 266 qualifiers. Mostly the only thing gained was my amazon somehow getting from 85 to 96 despite dying far too many times. Drops were junk. Sending results in later.

From Baal, I've received from: zemaj, SkaMan, Thy, zgpmf, and Cyrax thus far.
I still have 3 hours left for running here. No update has been sent recently as the last almost 30+ hours of running have yet to yield an improvement. I've never had such disappointing drops for such a long time. Utterly bad.

Twice now, I've had really good items drop but were on the way to the throne room and therefore not qualifier's. Both were identical in the fact that I would get hung up on a boss pack due to a bad tele and so I have to switch and throw some javelins in order to get out of trouble.

Code:
Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 186 
Durability: 13 of 20 
Required Level: 76 
Fingerprint: 0xd90c347f 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+135 Defense 

Death's Fathom 
Dimensional Shard 
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53 
Durability: 36 of 50 
Required Level: 73 
Fingerprint: 0xec52ff38 
Unidentified 
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+29% to Cold Skill Damage 
Lightning Resist +25% 
Fire Resist +33%

Bad roll on Griffon's, good roll on the Fathom.
Final scores and readouts sent.

Goals were reached, and I'm glad I matted a sorc in a couple days, participate in my first MFO and made part of this! (Yep, I think I lost :p)
Thanks for the host, supervisors and other spfers involved! 👋

I have no qualifiers in alvl 85, and I put another 850 runs into AT w/o a new score, so kimppi and frozzzen have nothing to worry about. Hoping I didn't lose 3rd place :)

I'll send readouts tomorrow if I can (no internet at home)
I played other games all week. orz
Have received updates either marked "final" or past likely closing time from: zgpmf, Moar, mr teach, nulio, scrcrw, BaronScarpia, omg, zaphodbrx

Have not heard from queenEm since...Tuesday or so? unless my ravenous inbox has devoured something since. Inbox has received no feedings at all from Jason, zemaj or Fabian.

Also...I know who won Pindle (barring any last-minute heroics from one of the five people in the previous paragraph.) While of course congratulations to that person (wait for it...), he was definitely kind to some others too. Right off the top of my head, someone got two...loljkwaitforit
Final results sent...wow, its been a wild week...80+ hours here, but my guy is slow...none of this fancy teleporting, AoE stuff for him :p
Baal teased me sadisticly the whole time, dropping lots of *almost* items...but he also came through with the goods in a major way, I just had to beat it out of him!

My wrist hurts...alot...

Experience was good, no deaths or even real NDEs to speak of...98.66 or thereabouts now...

Thanks a lot to zgpmf for organizing and running this, its been a blast...

My favorite non-qualifier, from Baal: (BTW, is there any 'best non-qualifier' competition for MFOs?)
Code:
Brimstone Fist
Runic Talons
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 57
Durability: 161 of 207
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 115
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 60
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe1d15745
+123 to Attack Rating
+13 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-6 lightning damage
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+2 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
+2 to Venom (Assassin Only)
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
I almost didn't pick these up, but not a damn thing else had dropped that run, so I grabbed them and checked them...glad I did :Laugh2:

WoRG
%)(!@&)!@#^@!$!@(^#!@%#^#^$#

That claw... needs two sockets. ;D (Very nice.)
That is indeed an incredible pair of claws. :wine: Since my score for AT is so low I'm fairly sure I have some points left over that I can give you. At least that's how I think it works.

And on the running side, just about to send my final update. After being all gung-ho and pants-wettingly excited and other phrases I only ended up being able to run 4 out of 10 days and am unlikely to win, but I found something I've never seen before (low-scoring though it may be :unimpressed: ) and actually got the itch to play some Diablo again.

So thanks for hosting it zgpmf, and to all the awesome (, tough, cool, sexy) area supervisors!
Awesome claw! It even has the increased durability ( failed unique? ).
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I played other games all week. orz
You at least had time to play other games, I wanted to play D2, but first MFO week-end I did like 10 pits and in first run I just dropped my best item in all week, from monday to early thursday I really wanted to run during evenings or even during days, but I was drunk and not only on evenings but also during a day at work and I also needed to work (at least my boss said that, I do not thing the same)
then I went to my family on week-end with my GF, I played in train for a while but my GF was angry with me, then I played yesterday when I waited in front of shop to her, but there was too much light and I did not saw for sure if I found some item or not, then like 5-10 minutes on evening during her dinner or some spare minutes on day
I will sent my final score during one hour, I do not hope in victory but it was fun to play MFO again
good luck to everyone who is really hunting a MFO victory and I hope in winter MFO 2013 I will be competitive again because I had fun during that 20 minutes of pits :)

and worg: that claws are really treasure, I would like to have item like that on my PvP wwsin I would give everything for that :p
Have sent final result to Anaestasia. I expect to end up in last place but like in RL Olympics; someone has to lose for someone else to win. I will take that last place for you guys.

I also found some stuff that I didn't have before and that's always nice. Almost halfway to 91 and that is also nice. But MEIN GOT is Pindle a boring dude?????
EDIT: As far as the main topic, I'm missing updates from Malicious and Paradigmshift. I can contact PD, but Malicious I'm not entirely sure about.

------------------------------

Ran some LK for a bit just to wind down after long crappy MFO. 79 runs (30 minutes) later got these... inb4ban.

1, 2, 3, 4

Code:
Ohm Rune 
Required Level: 57 
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% Shields: +50 to Mana 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% Shields: +50 to Mana 

Ber Rune 
Required Level: 63 
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow Armor: Damage Reduced by 8% Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%
Results sent, 1076 runs in 16h18min, average 54s. Didn't run in the last 3 days because of D3 and one other reason. Best non-qualifiers Lem Mal 2xVex and perfect Cold Facet.
Sent results. No improvement for loads of time didn't help my motivation.

Cham Vex Lo Gul Gul.
Sparkling of Balance, 5/5 cold facet.
"Best non-qualifiers Lem"

Now there's a sentence I thought I'd never see.
I'll be at work for few more hours. Once I get home I will send final update. Glad to participate again in another mfo. Still shocked at the lack of drops on my part. More to come in about 8 hours.
Okay, some stats: I picked up almost all gems/runes/sets/uniques.

1900 runs, 70 seconds per run.
92 qualifiers
~450 flawless gems (traded some to Solar halfway through)
310+ runes: Zod, Lo, Vex, Vex, Um, Um (one from chest)
3 facets.
666 S/Us total, and when counting those left on the ground probably ~700
Most frequent S/U: Milabrega's Orb 10x (I'm not picking this up ever again)

Best non-qualifier: BK wedding band (3%), wizzy and shako from the chest.

Also, I think I'm going to start keeping track of perfect grail. . .

Also, 2 MoDs aha
Anaesthesia said:
Also...I know who won Pindle (barring any last-minute heroics from one of the five people in the previous paragraph.) While of course congratulations to that person (wait for it...), he was definitely kind to some others too. Right off the top of my head, someone got two...loljkwaitforit
I was under impression that the top2-3 people (don't remember now) seem to have found at least one loljkwaitforit on the first update.

@WoRG - very nice claws! Btw, my highest rune on pindle was a fal... Should've taken the gamble offer!

@Pharpis - nice runes!

I found around 80 pgems on pindle (I had to pick something...).
Final results sent....Definately not going to win, and didn't think I would. I just don't have the serious amount of time needed to put into this to get big results. # of runs is unknown, I don't count. Also spent considerably more time on my barb in the pits just because it was more enjoyable and I seemed to be getting better results.

Best runes: Mal (from some trash in the tunnels), couple Io's, Pul.

Other 85 Areas: 20 qualifiers
Run settings: P5
Build: Beserk Barb (Max block - but not with the mf gear setup, no teleport)
Starting Level: 85
Ending Level: 89 1/2
MF: 321
Hork Switch: 540
Run time: 5-10 minutes depending on how many trash mobs I skipped or didn't skip and how many socketables I picked up.

Ancient Tunnels: 6 qualifiers
Run settings: Varied between p7/p5/p3/p1, settled on p3
Build: Blizzard Sorc (Max block)
Starting Level: End of 89
Ending Level: Beginning of 91
MF: 350
Kill Switch: 505 (if used)
Run times: Somewhere between 1:30 - 2:15 depending on if I went to town to sell/stash random rares.
BaronScarpia said:
I was under impression that the top2-3 people (don't remember now) seem to have found at least one loljkwaitforit on the first update.
Yeah, but [somebody] got two of them.

So...was our beloved Host able to hold off the relentless march of nulio? Did somebody else rocket up from the field and steal it out from under them? The Shadow knows...

Oh, and still no Jason/Fabian/zemaj. Maybe one of them has been sitting on a #1 and didn't want to give it away?

Just went to send results to zgpmf and...still no readouts from one "lazy" person. Wake up! :rant:
Ana,

I don't understand why you keep spoiling the results over and over when.. you shouldn't be?
No spoils. Cheerfully withdrawn though.

Just trying to manufacture some excitement while home, bored and waiting. What you could pull out of that is "zgpmf and nulio were far ahead of the pack and near-neck-and-neck from day one", which has already been pointed out, and somebody got two somethings. If the actual numbers was the only issue, yeah, gone.

Yeah, I have to say from a personal/runner perspective it rather ruins the suspense with the "x people got ... l337 itam".
Really? Sorry for peeing in the sandbox, guys. :ashamed:

I'll show myself out.
TBH I like Ana's updates and teasers, it's not a big secret that Nulio and me were very close in that updates and it only kept us on our toes. Only maybe, that ruined it for some others and they lost the will to run but if you want to win you can't give up after day 5 only because someone is a bit ahead in the 2nd update.
It was the item 'hints' that I thought was a bit much.
Oh...I doubt I can explain myself there without spoiling it even more than I have...

Seriously, I tried and the result was replaced with this because it doesn't say anything. I'll go with "I believe your first impression of that statement is far out of sync with my intent in posting it, and the reality behind it."

Edit: or "It's not as much of a spoiler as you think, but saying why would give more away." That works.
Sent my final update. Nothing for alvl 85, though. Next time I won't sign up for 2 categories. . .
Even though I know I lost, I still want to see what people found. Who is left to send in results zgpmf? I want to know so I can harass them! :p
Phew, extremely relieved. After ending the MFO i decided to do a little browsing on the web and my computer contracted a serious virus. Virusscan couldn't remove it. Locked pc up and couldn't restart unless i entered the safe mode. After manually starting the virusscan in safe mode i finally got the virus removed.

Comp starts normally now. Did a final scan and virusscan gives OK. Still, if anyone takes items from me it may be prudent to scan the stash just to be on the safe side.
I'm missing res from Hernang in AT category and Malicious, FoE, Jason and Bassano in Other 85s.

@Cyrax Nice try!
Shame on all of you who haven't sent results yet.
I just did
sorry for be late
Yes, shame on all of you, I demand a recount! I mean, wait, what?

Also, I officially hate this game, I decided that a couple of more pit runs would be great for some fun. Second run 3 uniques dropped, 2 of which were qualifiers, one of which would have improved my score...
Fabian said:
Shame on all of you who haven't sent results yet.
I second this statement. :D
Would it be uncalled for to make a thread called "Oi, send in your MFO results!"?

:D
no that would be perfectly ok
Thyiad said:
Would it be uncalled for to make a thread called "Oi, send in your MFO results!"?

:D
Be sure to include in there "Or face the wrath of the ban hammer!"

Just a thought.
I haven't heard from Malicious at all, FoE sent first update and IIRC mentioned somewhere that he didn't run since then at all but no readouts, Jason sent final update in AT category but not from others (Pindle and Other 85s), Hernang sent updates but still not the final score.

Zemaj mentioned that he didn't run Pindle at all.
btw where are we with the ban hammer project - putting males tainted zod into a perfect IK StoneCrusher and giving it to Thy??
zgpmf said:
Zemaj mentioned that he didn't run Pindle at all.
Ah yes. Two to go.
Anaesthesia said:
Ah yes. Two to go.
Fabian didn't run Pindle AFAIK, Jason probably didn't too.

Meh, people who haven't bothered to send final results after 12+ hours (21ish for europeans) aren't bothered enough to have a final result. At least that was my thinking when I hosted the MFO.

Wait a few hours more (if you're generous), then send results to zgmpf. In my opinion.
Yep, send them.

@Nagisa Have Malicious and PD sent you the results yet?
Well, apart from that, I'm short readouts from one person who has sent their final update. I guess I could send results sans readouts until that person wakes up...then again, I could just wait and make zgpmf sweat it out, given that he's one of the Pindle runners. :evil:
Why would you make him/us/everyone wait for someone to wake up who couldn't read instructions?

Send the results.
One thing to bear in mind is that no everyone is at home all day and/or on US time. I seem to recall someone saying they'd send results about nowish. Americans at work might still not be back for another four hours.

I'm as eager as anyone to check that I came last but I don't want to do anyout out of their result.
Thyiad said:
One thing to bear in mind is that no everyone is at home all day and/or on US time. I seem to recall someone saying they'd send results about nowish. Americans at work might still not be back for another four hours.

I'm as eager as anyone to check that I came last but I don't want to do anyout out of their result.
I absolutely agree. You should wait til monday is over for everybody. That's just fair.
Thyiad said:

This. Also, I'm on holidays between school terms and there is no internet at home. So I've been posting from my phone, thus no readouts.

I did get some access earlier, but I wasn't sure if that was going to happen or not.
I just wanted Fabian to get mad. Final results sent :)
No big changes since my 3rd update
hernang said:
I just wanted Fabian to get mad.
We all have our goals when entering the MFO, but this one is new to me. Anyhow, mission accomplished!
My goal is that someone takes a trophy from me and I get to see a Pat/Mat thread where they used it. Anaesthesia's [itemname]. Rolled up a character and took her to Normal Nihl for just that purpose.
Thanks! (j/k) Hope your hand gets better
Anaesthesia said:
My goal is that someone takes a trophy from me and I get to see a Pat/Mat thread where they used it. Anaesthesia's [itemname]. Rolled up a character and took her to Normal Nihl for just that purpose.
I have quite different goals, I want to have collection of trophies with names of famous MFers especially devoted MFO players, not for play with them but to have them as big achivement and pride in my ATMA like ears from PvP
that items have much higher price for me that anything else in my ATMA

I regrats that my collection is missing some big names but some of them I can still get if I will get very lucky in some next MFO :)
Got my final results in to Nagisa. Sorry for being late with them.

Runs: 1034
Time: 54 hours of running (Rounded off)
Avg time: 3:07 (includes muling and cubing of gems/id'ing some items as I went)

Anyways, some other non-qualifier's found include:

127 x Perfect Gems

Jewelry:
Code:
The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x95ffd31c
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

The Rising Sun
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xe4c45998
2% Chance to cast level 17 Meteor when struck
+2 to Fire Skills
Adds 24 - 48 Fire Damage
Replenish Life +10
+6 Absorbs Fire Damage (Based on Character Level)
+4 to Light Radius

The Eye of Etlich
Amulet
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xf9abeb40
+1 to All Skills
Adds 2 - 5 Cold Damage Over 7 Secs (184 Frames)
3% Life stolen per hit
+21 Defense vs. Missile
+3 to Light Radius

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xe235407d
+66 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x654da96
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +24

Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x9b304870
10% Chance to cast level 10 Poison Nova when struck
8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking
8% Life stolen per hit
+124 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Level 21 Poison Creeper (10/15 Charges)

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x95ee2898
+1 to All Skills
5% Life stolen per hit
+4 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina

Charms:
Code:
Mentalist's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x31cfc5b4
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Preserver's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa1083dad
+1 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Shogukusha's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x457c5ef9
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x426eaf8e
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+2 to Maximum Damage

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x21b72730
Item Level: 78
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Burly Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb738315e
+16 Defense

Coral Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x4aa6eb28
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +9%

Crimson Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe6a2ac0e
Fire Resist +4%

Ocher Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xe437542
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +7%

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3c1027f3
+36 to Attack Rating

Runes:
Code:
[URL="http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2543/2012baalmfojah.jpg"]Jah Rune
[/URL]Required Level: 65
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

[URL="http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2056/2012baalmfosur2.jpg"]Sur Rune
[/URL]Required Level: 61
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Shields: +50 to Mana

[URL="http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5435/2012baalmfosur.jpg"]Sur Rune
[/URL]Required Level: 61
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Shields: +50 to Mana

[URL="http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2706/2012baalmfoohm.jpg"]Ohm Rune
[/URL]Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

[URL="http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3333/2012baalmfogul.jpg"]Gul Rune
[/URL]Required Level: 53
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Won't say I enjoyed this MFO as the finds were less than stellar for me. Frustration is the word for the week spent running.
does worG still have my zod?

i thought we should socket it into the etb!
Paradigmshift said:
finds were less than stellar
I feel your pain. Barely enough for an Enigma + CtA there.
You're going to put the results up just after I go to bed aren't you? Happens every MFO ...
I just need a couple of seconds...
It's customary that there is only one second. Unless there's a tie.
ah well it was a fun MFO - my result was anything but good

but with me being new to this all at least every item was an addition to my grail^^

and i learned how to properly MF-runs one target - next time i will do better and might get one of the first three places ^^or so i hope
Ah bloody hell... forgot to mention I never ended up doing any Pindle or other A85 runs. Ancient Tunnels only (the final update of which I sent two days ago). My apologies for dragging it out for everyone.
bassano said:
I regrats that my collection is missing some big names but some of them I can still get if I will get very lucky in some next MFO :)
Now i'm curious what big names you're after (and which you already have). Please share!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High