MFO Summer 2012 Results [by zgpmf]

Re: Summer 2k12 MFO Results

Well.. a 5th place for two days of running. I figure that's acceptable :)

And huge congrats to Kimpii and especially Fabian - that's an insane score! Last stime I won the category with ~65..........

If anybody would want to loot my griffin's my roll is 12/15... so I guess not :p

edit: and obviously huge thanks to zgpmgmpffm for hosting. We really do nned people to take over after scud, and if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't have time I would have been happy to help put.

Wooot! Very happy and gratified to have won Baal category! Even more stoked to have done so with my 99'er, rather than a dedicated MF toon!!! I was actually there for the experience, but the MFO was GREAT for motivation...I got more XP last week than in the previous 3 months!!!

Had a great time with this, mucho thanks to zpgmf for hosting and Nagi/Anaesthesia for supervising!

I counted more than 10 gold sacred armors in the listings (found 2 myself)...gotta say, that'll make your heart skip a beat when it hits the ground!! Gratz to Fabian and Kimmpi on getting the 'right' one.

Nagi, glad I could amuse you with the gap...it rather fashed me, though, and was the major reason I ran right up to the deadline, trying so hard to improve on the nightwings! Baal & Co wouldn't have it, tho....

I have mentioned that Best/Worst was sorta a theme for my drops during the MFO in other places...allow me to show what I meant!:
Code:
Death's Web  [highlight]<--------PERFECT!!!!![/highlight]
Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Durability: 13 of 18
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 66
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x597c2f7b
+12 Life after each Kill
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
+12 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-50% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Griffon's Eye   [highlight]<-----Absolutely Wretched!![/highlight]
Diadem
Defense: 187
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 76
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xd8eac37a
+127 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
WoRG

Thanks everyone. Before the MFO, I felt I had finally perfected* my Pitbarb, I had an empty calendar ahead of me, and a sudden and unexpected burst of motivation when it comes to d2. Then, an unexpected trip to the US was booked to collide with the MFO, and I was kinda bummed out.

I got back from the US on Wednesday, and after some durdling around and a nap, I woke up on Thursday morning (really Wednesday 8pm, that's jetlag for you) and started running. After roughly 3 (three) minutes, on run #3 (#three), a Darkforce Spawn drops. Talk about your motivational boost. After having been super unlucky (self proclaimed) in previous MFOs as far as top end items go, I was pretty psyched to finally have had a respectable drop.

What happened in the next 5½ hours is one of the more ridiculous streaks I've seen. Everything seemed to drop green and gold, and by the end of it I had another Darkforce Spawn, 2 (two) Schaefer's Hammers, 2 (two) Crown of Ages, and a total of 11 TC87s. Yup, that's four 19+ scorers in 5½ hours, under the old system. Needless to say, I was pretty pleased with my character.

After that, I went on a rage inducingly awful 10½ hour streak of absolutely nothing. I mean, if the previous streak was sick, this one was sicker. There's 0% chance I would have continued running if I hadn't had such a ridiculous start to the MFO. I did some conservative excel math and realized this was in the bottom 0.5% percentile as far as 10½ hour streaks go for this character (finding zero TC87s), and in reality it was worse since no other high scorers dropped either. I was super pissed that my haul pic quality was ruined (a good haul pic needs a good top end, and lots of quantity, in my book), but also refused to stop before I had a TC87 drop.

It took until the next day of playing (Friday evening/early Saturday morning), but finally a Death Cleaver showed up, 10½ hours in. The curse was broken; yay, I said. 10 minutes later, I had this drop. Interesting, I thought. It was even more interesting after I looked at it in GoMule. If the previous 10½ hours had served to kill my motivation, the Tyrael's helped combat that.

The rest of the running was fairly uneventful, with two big exceptions. The first was this dropping during the huge Sunday marathon, when I played for what felt like all day because I wanted to beat bassano's MFO record. The second exception was this drop about an hour before I threw in the towel on Sunday evening, but alas, it was not meant to be. I was pretty unusually nervous/excited for 5 minutes before checking it though; I had visions of an essentially unbreakable MFO record, and was kinda legitimately bummed when it was a Templar's.

In the end, I didn't break bassano's Winter 2011 MFO record under the old scoring system, but I'm pretty sure my score is a new record when going by the current scoring. I felt I was unlucky in terms of quantity of haul pic qualifiers this time, but the quality certainly was better than anything I've had in previous MFOs (see this to compare).

I played for 30½ hours over 4 days, which for me is very good. I did
mforunning.jpg
1620 p1 Pit runs at 65 (this was sub 64½ consistently, but my efficiency kinda tanked in the last day due to being sick of playing/being tired/wrist hurting/etc) seconds each, with 810/660 MF and 56% hork. I didn't keep track of qualifiers as I just wanted to get started running and not bother with anything else, but now I kinda wish I had. I believe this Barb's qualifiers/minute number is pretty comfortably higher than any other though, he's just insanely good.

Haul pic:
haulpic1.jpg

Top 5 readouts:

Code:
Tyrael's Might 
Sacred Armor 
Defense: 1322 
Durability: 35 of 60 
Required Level: 84 
Fingerprint: 0xde54cb19 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Indestructible 
+20% Faster Run/Walk 
+92% Damage to Demons 
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace 
+120% Enhanced Defense 
+24 to Strength 
All Resistances +23 
Cannot Be Frozen 
Requirements -100% 

Mang Song's Lesson 
Archon Staff 
Two Hand Damage: 83 - 99 
Durability: 14 of 26 
Required Level: 82 
Required Strength: 34 
Fingerprint: 0xce121977 
Unidentified 
+5 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
-7% to Enemy Cold Resistance 
-14% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
-7% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
Regenerate Mana 10% 

Darkforce Spawn 
Bloodlord Skull 
Defense: 402 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 15 of 20 
Required Level: 64 
Required Strength: 106 
Fingerprint: 0xb90845fd 
Unidentified 
+3 to Curses (Necromancer only) 
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
+170% Enhanced Defense 
Increase Maximum Mana 10% 

Darkforce Spawn 
Bloodlord Skull 
Defense: 390 
Chance to Block: 0 
Durability: 15 of 20 
Required Level: 64 
Required Strength: 106 
Fingerprint: 0xf2c218cd 
Item Level: 87 
Unidentified 
+3 to Curses (Necromancer only) 
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
+162% Enhanced Defense 
Increase Maximum Mana 10% 

Schaefer's Hammer 
Legendary Mallet 
One Hand Damage: 114 - 289 
Durability: 37 of 65 
Required Level: 79 
Required Strength: 189 
Fingerprint: 0x5f938af 
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking 
Indestructible 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
129% Enhanced Damage 
+150 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) 
+600 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level) 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage 
+50 to Life 
Lightning Resist +75% 
+1 to Light Radius

Finally, can I please see readouts of all Griffon's, Crown of Ages, Shadow Dancers and etheral Tomb Reavers that dropped in my category please.

Oh and also, is it possible to change the title to 2012 rather than the silly 2k12 so you can find this thread when searching for it in the future?

Thanks for reading!

* More improvements to follow.

Edit: I wrote about my character here, in the Meet the Olympians thread.

omgwtfbbqpwned[ hwo the **** does everyone have a tmight but me? wut[/quote said:
I was wondering the same. But it may be due to the fact that my alvl85 runs in the last 2 years are <1000 :whistling:

I'd be interested in a "Meet the Olympians" thread...esp. those Pit runners, because I never ran the pits, and Fabian's Pit running Barb got me thinking: are those MF numbers possible in HC or do you die often? And what build did you use, Nagi? Those rune drops are ridiculous!!! :crazyeyes: I think you might be the next Zod God after all!

Of course, I would have crushed everyone if I had participated...

When is the next MFO scheduled?

Fabian: Here's the best rolls from my finds (others are 1 socket or 1 skill). Feel free to steal as you please. ;D That is actually a little better run time than I expected, though I guess it's not the greatest build ever in conserving stamina (not that a Gunslinger is >_>). Very well done either way though!

Code:
Crown of Ages 
Corona 
Defense: 366 
Durability: 26 of 50 
Required Level: 82 
Required Strength: 174 
Fingerprint: 0xb3e52666 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+1 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+50% Enhanced Defense 
+117 Defense 
All Resistances +28 
Damage Reduced by 12% 2 Sockets (0 used) 

Shadow Dancer 
Myrmidon Greaves 
Defense: 126 
Durability: 22 of 24 
Required Level: 71 
Required Strength: 167 
Fingerprint: 0x29142ff0 
Unidentified 
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only) 
+30% Faster Run/Walk 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+75% Enhanced Defense 
+23 to Dexterity 
Requirements -20%

Garnier: The stickies are your friend.

Grisu: Gunslinger. LF makes it a good rune finding build by default, and I played on /players 7. Rune finds were pretty BAD to be honest, given it was ** hours of running.

Grisu, I'm doing an Olympians thread right now, give it a few minutes :) That said, my character is built for suicide, and a HC version would have to lower MF quite a bit for added safety (less MF gear -> more damage/safety gear -> less Strength -> more Vita).

Very nice, scores are pretty amazing, and can compare with another epic MFO´s
I did not expected that :) at least it is clear that I could not win with luck from my 35 runs
Congratulation to winners, especially to areas one Fabian and Kimmpi
Big grats also to my PvP mate Nulio to win pindle with impressive score and drops I hope we will meet in moor yet that I will have chance to play
Fabian showed to all of you to less writing in thread and more running :p

Fabian: grats to deserved victory and also to new record
and yeah, my old record falled in new scoring system, at least in old one I still have it, I knew last year that my score is missing class specific TC87 to be perfect :) and btw. you do not needed to hurry so much with posting results with such score
and btw. this is 2nd or 3rd Tyrael? If you have some Flavie report from all stuff you found during all your MF runs it would be nice look (please, please post it, or write me PM)
and yes for 1620 pits that is very cool 👍

It's my second Tyrael's. My flavie is alright I guess, but between two complete restarts, hard drive crashes, not picking up 90+% of Uniques I find, and trading away lots of high-end Uniques, it's not really anything special. Currently in my stashes I have 72% of Normal grail, 61% of Exceptional grail, and 95% of Elite grail (Hyperion Spear/Tomahawk type items are missing :p). If I knew how/where to upload a flavie report I would, but again it's really nothing special.

I dont mean to complain or anything but where am I in the table?!?!?!

EDIT!!!

Major apologies for this post that is raging! It would appear my email with readouts is sat in my outbox in gmail and has not sent due to some kind of error :(

I guess it would be too late to try and send them again tonight?

Twibz said:
I dont mean to complain or anything but where am I in the table?!?!?!

EDIT!!!

Major apologies for this post that is raging! It would appear my email with readouts is sat in my outbox in gmail and has not sent due to some kind of error :(

I guess it would be too late to try and send them again tonight?

Sorry, I edited you in, I forgot that you sent the final update earlier. But, yeah, the readouts are missing. Send them when you have time.

Impressive Baal score there WoRG! And 2 Tyrael and I believe 2 ZODs overall in this tournament? That's insane...

I won't be claiming anything as I play self-found. WoRG and zgpmf, if you guys would like a readout of my full qualifier list to pick stuff from just PM me your email and I'll send one through :)

And lastly, a huge shout out to zgpmf and the category supervisors, awesome work, and loads of fun!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High