MFO Summer 2011 Signups and Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on June 29, 2011.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Its MFO Time!

Its time for a full blown, week long, Magic Find Olympics

Start date: July 8th, 2011
End date: July 17th, 2011

Total time - 10 days.

I'm going to run all the categories and I will post updates (current placement but not scores, don't want to give too much away) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and I'm GMT - 7.

Send all updates to PM and PLEASE include your forum name and your category.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (updated scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Ancient Tunnels
- Other Level 85 Areas
- teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by July 18th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.10 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
Re: Its MFO Time!

I think I can actually participate this time around. But then, on the other hand, I've played way, waay, too much D2 last year.

Ah wish i had a good mf build up to snuff, but this is still fun to watch. Good luck to all. May your TC87's be a plenty.

I won't be able to participate, but best of luck to all!

just for curiosity sake; why is ancient tunnels seperate to the rest of the lvl85 areas?

I have time and will to participate but I created my trade profile 3 days ago. So, if this is not a problem I'm in.👋

A Dance of Dragons comes out right in the middle of this, so that's going to limit my time a bit. 👍
I might switch to another category as well.

Yeah, you could move to another category. I can also move you if you want :badteeth:

Nothing like an MFO to bring you back from inactivity. Would be interested in reforming team casual if anyone from the winter version remembers that.

corax said:
just for curiosity sake; why is ancient tunnels seperate to the rest of the lvl85 areas?

The level 85 was getting too big and competitive. A couple MFOs showed 10-15 players making significant efforts in that category with only about 2 making notable efforts in the Meph category so I eliminated Meph and split lvl 85.

zgpmf said:
I have time and will to participate but I created my trade profile 3 days ago. So, if this is not a problem I'm in.

If it was a problem it would be stated in the rules.

Alright then, I've just started a fresh new barb, he will be ready for pindle-horking in several days.

Edit: Crap I dont know how to copy links pelase help me! =)

Quote the previous poster and then edit out the quote tags at the beginning and end.

edit: but as long as I'm here:

As I'm currently running my light soso to lvl96 on p1 Pindleskin(28k runs, 20k left) it will be good to add some extra motivation by joining this competition.

Fixed xoti's trader profile link too. :whistling:

Thanks sorry for my misstakes!

It's right time to finish grail finally, 4 items to go (Mang Song's, Schaefer's, Darkforce Spawn and Shadow Dancer->although I found this one on HC, but that doesn't count). Pindleskin seems the best target for these items. So for the first time I don't want to win, I just want to find them ;).
If there is still a need, I can be a supervisor.

I'll sign up in the next couple of days, as signups seem to be a bit tame as of yet and someone has got to win this thing -^

Will probably be spanking Baal, my old love, a bit, as soon as I've sorted out my stuff.

nepeta [1.13c SC FAM] so I won't have to look it all up again when I sign up :p

Switching to the easy target. :whistling:

I won't look for a team since I won't have enough time to make a very good showing...

Come on people, it's summer and there's an mfo, get onto your behinds and sign up!

I know you're scared of me(and also of Humbuggerer) Nepeta, but that's just a dirty move you did there:D

It won't make any difference in the end, but if you insist...

Adding myself to the Baal listing for now. Have to level up and gear the char for it and definitely won't run that much, but here's to hoping for some luck! Also, will probably be reforming our team from last MFO, but I'll let Fabian have the final say since he's the "leader" :D.

Why are points in Baal sheet bigger for some uniques than in other sheets.:scratchchin: Is this a mistake or am I missing something?

Because that are their relative values compared to Immortal King's Stone Crusher. Baal is bad source for TC87 items. For example p1 Baal chance for Death's Web is approx. 1/96032 and IK Stone Crusher chance is approx. 1/416. So Death's Web is approx. 231 times rarer than IK Stone Crusher. (according to the german drop calculator)

I have a question to jjscud - why Tyrael's value in the sheet is only half of its relative value?

edit: Items with 2 uniques for 1 base item got their scores halved apparently, thx scrcrw :p

The discussion on the value of Tyrael's, Lash etc. can be found here.

My question was a little bit unclear so I'm still confused. I wanted to know if people who are running Baal are competing against Pindle runners or any other 85 area runners or every area will have "its own winner".

Each area will have its own winner.

I am out can't do it aint feeling well sorry!

I'm just changing from Pindle to Mausoleum.

I'm gonna move myself from Baal to Pindle; too lazy to run Baal

Come on, guys and gals! The MFO start is only about 52 hours away (in my time zone), and no more people signed up? :( What about the usual suspects? (bassano, you slacker! :p) Unfortunately I've got no time for gaming at all right now - hope I'll have more time once winter MFO draws near!

I agree it's a shame to see how much the interest for d2 seems to have declined here in the last 6 months.

Fwiw I'm planning on signing up and giving a half-assed effort, but I haven't decided between Pit and Pindle yet.

It is really sad. I have noticed a sharp decline in the number of posts/threads coming through the spf in the last 3 months or so especially.

Unfortunately this MFO does not really mesh with the goals I have left in D2, but I am still toying with the idea if at least getting in the half-assed boat with Fabian. If I do, it will likely be in the pit.

It was not question or suggestion. That was an order. Do it! :D

I'm with Fabian. MFO is really one nice tradition of SPF. It's rather dishearting to see so many old players not participating, as well as lack of interest by new players.

Come on, wake up and join this thing.

I was kind of thinking that this would be the MFO of the MFO's, since it will probably be the last before D3. :scratchchin: And because of that I'm upset by the fact that I won't be able to make any significant amount of runs.

Well, here's hoping I'll find the other gold sacred armor...

LD50 said:
I was kind of thinking that this would be the MFO of the MFO's, since it will probably be the last before D3.

It definitely won't be the last before D3. I plan to have a special pre-D3 MFO about 2-4 weeks before its released. There will one more, and more if its release falls past March or April.

Also just for planning, I won't run any category with less than 5 people. At the moment, that means I may combine the level 85 areas.

Grisu said:
Come on, guys and gals! The MFO start is only about 52 hours away (in my time zone), and no more people signed up? :( What about the usual suspects? (bassano, you slacker! :p) Unfortunately I've got no time for gaming at all right now - hope I'll have more time once winter MFO draws near!

Bassano is on a bike trip across Turkey for whole month, otherwise he would definitely join and win ;).

I managed somewhat less than a half-assed effort last time around, and my schedule is not going to allow for much more next week... but it is the MFO after all. I don't want to see the AT category go that easily!

I'm putting myself down for a team if there are a couple folks willing to put up with a potentially lowsy score. I feel like I might need some extra motivation.

I'm in!

FWIW I don't think a good reason exists for having separate A85/AT categories any more. I think it would be a lot more fun to compete against 10 people than 4 (or whatever), even if the A85 category manages to get 5 participants.

Im planning to join the AT but dont know yet as I wont have so many time to run as its summer and I got back to work. But Im sure that Tyrael's will drop :yes:

Will decide tomorrow If Ill join

Gahz

now it is time for my first mfo. couple years i have lurked the earlier mfos threads but didn´t dare join because i was afraid that if i actually find something nice and i have to give it away but now i think that i have gathered enough wealth that it wouldn´d be that bad.

and nicely my gf is going to one week trip next friday which means one week diablo 2 vacation for me and i can run until my brains explode.

Okay guys, deal me in.

I'll be in. Just waiting to see what our team will look like and where I am needed to run.

My GF is going shopping with her friend on Saturday... a whole day of running woohoo!

Oh wait, my friend is having a b-day party. That stars at noon. :scratchhead: So much for that.

Held off as long as I could. Hope to have a good chance next week as this weekend is full. No team for me this time as I can't guarantee I'll be a good teammate. Good Luck everyone!
[/QUOTE]

I should have plenty of free time next week, and since I'm bored to death of HF rushing (only 1 CTA set so far), I think this will be the perfect thing to break the monotony.
I shall also put myself down for a team - will like to have some guidance/advice or just get to know people better.

This is my very first MFO, so please be gentle with the noob. 😉

Alright, I'll sign in!

I will try to put in a good effort, and I am also happy to join a team, and a team will likely help me to stay motivated, since I have never done a MFO before.

My first MFO! Here we go, let's kick some AT monster ...

Good to see so many new people joining the fray, the old guard 'd better join too to defend its honour ^^

What time are we starting? And since i am the only one in HC, how will we do if I win? (Highly unlikely ;D)

martinkingss said:
What time are we starting? And since i am the only one in HC, how will we do if I win? (Highly unlikely ;D)

We will throw you a parade in order to compensate for the lack of prizes to be plundered! ...Or you could just steal everyone's best item and sell it to Charsi. Your choice 👍

Back in the days I was still vanilla I plundered rrm/rwm users and let the items rot on a retired char. Turned out one of the items was from a hacker, so good riddance :p

Seriously though idk, depends on the players, looting is allowed, but if it's usable for everyone... :p

i also put myself available for a team for fun and motivation

Ok, adding myself to the table officially. Also adding myself to the team section as well.

Adding myself to the A85 category, and putting our team down. If one of the Baal runners wants to be an honorary AOYUT member, feel free to add yourself to us. Our team is the best though, so there's pressure on you if you do!

Not sure how much time I'll have to play, but hey, it's an MFO after all.

They made me do it :p

I unfortunatelly can not play s?nce I am on b?cycle tr?p ?n east Turkey r?ght now but I want to w?sh good luck to all players espec?ally to sequana w?th complet?ng her gra?l 👍

I won't be putting in as many as hours as I did during the previous MFO (what, 10 hours a day?). I'm here solely to defeat that annoying bugger froz-kyun~~ And to level my zon. Did some practice runs and Baal already showed his generosity. I'm expecting nothing better from him :D

well, i dont have much time but it's mfo maybe the last mfo. so let's find some goldie drops :) i might switch to AT tho, i'll figure it out before mfo starts.

I'll join in! Don't think my tradeprofile is greenlighted etc but we can still compete about highest score :p I have to level a character up though since D2 apparently wanted me to restart (mod swapping ----> ??? ----> all files got corrupted) so the get-go might be a bit tough for me.

As for the Winter MFO, won't D3 be out by then? :D

Edit: Forgot the pasta

go go go AOYUT vs nobody!

do we have area supervisors yet?

Do we start at 00.01? And is that forum time or "own country time" ?

Fixing for Mungojerry and adding myself to "Availible for teams"

I decided not to run with my light soso but with my blizzsoso. So now I'm stacked with good amount MF and can contribute to a team.

Nope, I think I'll just take care of it all. I've got a lot of other stuff going on next week so I can't be competitive in this anyways.

Yes localttime, from 00:01 (12:01 AM) Friday the 8th to 23:59 (11:59 PM) Sunday the 17th (Actually you can pick up one more minute on either end too).

As I mentioned before, I will run a MFO 2-4 weeks before D3's release. Assuming it doesn't take another year, that will be the last guaranteed MFO. (many have said they'll stick with D2 but... we'll see).

It`s tradition, so I better join:) I`ll run with my HC blizz sorc in AT. Unfortunately my wealth isn`t that great in HC at the moment, so I`ll run without CtA, which means I probably won`t last through the MFO as I have no real backup characters.

The rest of the equipment is good, though, so I`ll put up a fight if I survive:)

i wrote myself in to "available for teams" section. but i might not run as much as i would of like so dont rely on me too much. :)
[/QUOTE]

Ok, creating Team Kittens to compete with that other lame team not named yet... I'm moving myself from Area85 to AT in order to fill out the team properly and we are drafting Kestegs for our area85 runner. Here's to hoping that we can properly represent Kittens everywhere in this MFO!!! (miss you Zaliqai, jdkerr, Jae, Nagisa, Joosh, and everyone else who has represented the kittens in the past!!)

It was a fast MFO for me.. GL everyone!

I've never competed in a MFO before so I thought I'd take my poisonmancer on a run through the pits.

Paradigmshift said:
Ok, creating Team Kittens to compete with that other lame team not named yet... I'm moving myself from Area85 to AT in order to fill out the team properly and we are drafting Kestegs for our area85 runner. Here's to hoping that we can properly represent Kittens everywhere in this MFO!!! (miss you Zaliqai, jdkerr, Jae, Nagisa, Joosh, and everyone else who has represented the kittens in the past!!)

Go Team Kittens!!!!!! :jig:

And wowzers!! A lot of sign-ups since my last rant about the (then) small number of participants 👍

Good luck everyone - I'll be checking the thread for the usual trash talk...err...btw...where's the trash talk? Do I really have to PM dashy for this??? :coffee:

I added myself for running pit as my secondary category, just to break monotony of pindle runs.

double post :/

who sabotaged my "available for teams" appeal. lol :D it seems i need to write it again :)

A good portion of the globe is into Friday already, so good luck to all!

As i seem to be the only AT runner looking for a team, who's with me?
:withstupid:
Wait, that's not what I...

Moving on. Since the kittens have resurfaced, the slackers can't be far behind. With all due respect to the Slackers who've come before, I think I fit the description aptly enough to take on the mantle. :badteeth:

Wow! I got picked! This makes up for all of those times in elementary school :cloud9:

I also received this in the mail.
images

Now I'm serious about this! Can't let the kittens down. I plan on redeeming my bad luck from the last 2 MF tourneys I entered, and it doesn't look like anybody else has much of a chance against my pit runner...

sooo....

[YOUTUBE]FpE_STh3E8I[/YOUTUBE]

Adding Kaerion to the awesomest team in the history of MFO's. Feel free to remove yourself if you don't want to be part of the awesomest team, of course :) That said, we're counting on you!

yay drafted! gogogo!

*Wishes he would have payed more attention to this MFO and actually read into the thread and now is sad :(*

Prob too late to join since I don't have a MFer quite yet...

Next time, next time... Good luck to all!

Sorry I haven't said anything about the start, I've been sick and haven't been on a computer in over 20 hours :shocked:.

[highlight]Signups are closed[/highlight]

I'm going to run all the categories and I will post updates (current placement but not scores, don't want to give too much away) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and I'm GMT - 7.

Send all updates to [email protected] and PLEASE include your forum name and your category. You can also PM for updates, I'll try to keep my box from filling up.

Good to see two teams, we need a baal runner for at least a 3rd and baal and AT runners for more. I'll let the teams form for another 24 hours.

sequana said:
Bassano is on a bike trip across Turkey for whole month, otherwise he would definitely join and win ;)

What kind of god damn excuse is that? Tch... :whistling:

Kaerion said:
yay drafted! gogogo!

You are the chosen one... All our hopes and dreams and the pressure now lie with you 👍

@jjscud

A question from a MFO virgin, for the update, do I email you the top 5 items or all point scorers?

TheNix said:
@jjscud

A question from a MFO virgin, for the update, do I email you the top 5 items or all point scorers?

Just the top 5.

And please total them, it should just take a minute but will save me a lot of time overall.

Thanks.

Got in 350 runs today and am calling it quits until in the morning. I have a few things to do tomorrow so not sure how much I can get in, but I still hope to get maybe a couple hundred or so done.

Highest Rune to date is Lum...

Some non-qualifiers:

Code:
Arcing Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 57 
Fingerprint: 0xfa833d56 
Item Level: ** 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Adds 1 - 33 Lightning Damage 
+20 to Life 

Highlord's Wrath 
Amulet 
Required Level: 65 
Fingerprint: 0x8406ac13 
+1 to All Skills 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage 
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level) 
Lightning Resist +35% 
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15 

Knell Striker 
Scepter 
One Hand Damage: 10 - 19 
Durability: 45 of 50 
Required Level: 5 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0xdeeb0178 
Item Level: 85 
77% Enhanced Damage 
+35 to Attack Rating 
+150% Damage to Undead 
25% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+15 to Mana 
Fire Resist +20% 
Poison Resist +20% 

Sharp Grand Charm of Dexterity 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 21 
Fingerprint: 0x61d03a75 
+10 to Maximum Damage 
+76 to Attack Rating 
+6 to Dexterity

350 runs??? I am so going to lose this. I made 13 runs and then called it quits. Don't have the stamina to keep concentrated much longer. Well, well.

I did find a very nice non-qualifier as well:

Sparking Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xac2b8cd8
+39 to Life
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Means I might make lightning sorc in the future :)

zgpmf said:
I'll ask just to be sure, is it OK if I run Pindle to have qualifiers from Thresh and Pindle, or if I run lvl85 areas to have qualifiers from, for example, Pit, WSK and CS ?

Yes to both, the only level 85 area that doesn't count in area 85 is Ancient Tunnels and any Super Unique in act 5 counts except baal's minions.

Just a quick heads up. I'll be posting the first status updates in about 24 hours.

Well, people must be too busy running to post some trash talk or some interesting non-qualifiers. Come on guys... the interaction is what this tourney is about.

A few more non-qualifiers for me:

Code:
Fine Small Charm of Storms 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 37 
Fingerprint: 0x9c85308a 
+3 to Maximum Damage 
+18 to Attack Rating 
Adds 1 - 26 Lightning Damage

Steel Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 49 
Fingerprint: 0x33a6ebd6 
Item Level: 87 
+35 to Attack Rating 
+17 to Life 

Stout Small Charm of Good Luck 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 33 
Fingerprint: 0xea36b25a 
+8 Defense 
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rune luck has been rather poor especially considering I've posted 834 runs so far. I would expect better than Fal.

Anyway, Go Go Team Kittens!!!

Only non-qualifier I have actually kept:

Code:
The Stone of Jordan 
Ring 
Required Level: 29 
Fingerprint: 0x9326197e 
Item Level: 86 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage 
+20 to Mana 
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Also, trash talk? AOYUT will pound kittens into oblivion; you'll be licking your wounds for weeks.

Runes: Pul, Um, Ist, Gul, Ber, Zod

Non-qual.: Arreat's, 244/19 Ravenfrost, unique jewels, pal combat skiller, passive skiller

Code:
Sharp Grand Charm of Greed
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x9cc7c714
+68 to Attack Rating
+7 to Maximum Damage
22% Extra Gold from Monsters

Gale Greaves
War Boots
Defense: 47
Durability: 15 of 24
Kick Damage: 39 to 80
Required Strength: 125
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xdc916fd1
Fire Resist +16%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +32%
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Run/Walk

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 132
Durability: 11 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x82d07808
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+175% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
48% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

zgpmf said:

You Gieb ZOD?

Im up to ~300 runs, with a Fal being highest rune so far. Best EU: Steelrend. From WSK 3 :(

Baal is quite the boring fellow. He doesn't give me stuff. He gave me (a) head before I started pounding him on a regular basis. Our relationship is rather unrequited right now.

edit: Fortunately Brian Blessed makes it bearable.
[youtube]5__VFxOI99E[/youtube]
Sorry, I would post some non qualifiers here but... I'm just finding too many awesome qualifiers too bother picking up non qualifiers.

Getting dangerously close to hitting lvl 94, its about time for the game to start throwing some insane boss packs at me.

I wanted to throw some trash talk out there, but team aoyut just doesn't give me much to work with, I think half their team has already quit. I think its only fair that after we beat them, we should finally get to name them.

zgpmf said:

Wow, what area are you running?

Not much to report here... only gotten about 360 runs in so far. Was hoping to make quite a bit more progress but ended up not having the time.

Slim pickings of non-qualifiers, highest rune's a Lem out of the sparkly chest, here's the best of the rest:
Code:
Ruby Jewel
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7c0ebcff
+40% Enhanced Damage

Shimmering Grand Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x766d7d65
All Resistances +14

Sanguinary Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x20800071
+32 to Life
+2 to Minimum Damage

Has 1.13 replaced hell baal tcs with those from normal? It's a bloody disgrace :p

i have done 2.5k pindle runs. some good non-qualifiers. a gull and 2 mara's. best rune is lum so far :(

Code:
Gull -------> [B]i would definitely prefer a d.web or at least a d.fathom. not good for mfo :)[/B]
Dagger
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 19
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Level: 4
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xbe69eeb8
-5 to Mana
+1 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x73221f1f
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +27
+2 to All Skill Levels

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xee97a818
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels

Small Charm of Good Luck
Fingerprint: 0x4bab1b36
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Grim Turn
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x2e5a3efb
+5 to Energy
+6 to Maximum Stamina
+92 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +10%
3% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit

Grim Knot
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x5e3c5d29
Fire Resist +20%
Cold Resist +10%
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

nepeta said:
Has 1.13 replaced hell baal tcs with those from normal? It's a bloody disgrace :p

Nope, it's the essence drop. It slightly decreases all other drop chances.
Think of it that way - everytime you see an essence potential Tyrael is lost. :p

Code:
Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xf358a76d 
Unidentified 
27% Extra Gold from Monsters

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 1 
Fingerprint: 0x3337e504 
Unidentified 
18% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xfebc8474 
Unidentified 
26% Extra Gold from Monsters

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x57132962 
Unidentified 
30% Extra Gold from Monsters

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x9aec5b8b 
Unidentified 
19% Extra Gold from Monsters

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x15690827 
Unidentified 
18% Extra Gold from Monsters

Grand Charm of Greed 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xf15b7b10 
Unidentified 
29% Extra Gold from Monsters

I get the message sheez.

this is getting sicker and sicker. by the end of the mfo i'll have enough maras for the all spf. may i get some points for these nice amulets please :D

Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6f39bf8
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +25
+2 to All Skill Levels

No bonus points before you get a perfect one. :p

i have made 365 p7 pit runs and from my qualifiers there is not much tell about. i wouldn´t be surprised if i hold last place. instead nonqualifiers are quite insane. atleast i haven´t get used to see drop like jah, perfect cold facet, perfect mara, 3/20 fire circlet, 3max dam/19life sc in one week end. also got one grailer; tal´s amu which have been avoided me all these years. i have even got griss's and cow's set before that ammy.

in friday my mouse broke and i have to buy new one. surprisingly small differences it's weight and shape felt annoying and took couple days before i started to get used to play with it. so my average running times in first couple days were something like 3 minutes and now average times are something like 2,30 which still is definitely too much. i´m bad i know.

Code:
Jah Rune
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x261f9f1e
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +30

Volcanic Circlet of the Magus
Circlet
Defense: 27
Durability: 20 of 35
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xde96557e
+3 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x788c8ea2
+3 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Toxic Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x97411e74
Adds 177 Poison Damage Over 8 Secs (200 Frames)

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xd9891b92
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x244c4997
100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+5% to Cold Skill Damage

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x761aae6c
+58 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
Two Hand Damage: 104 - 196
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 67
Required Dexterity: 15
Fingerprint: 0x51754789
Unidentified
166% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 50 Damage
Slows Target by 75%
+10 to Strength
+93 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Fire Resist +50%
Ethereal

Amber Small Charm of the Icicle
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xb5d0684d
Adds 2 - 4 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Lightning Resist +11%

Emerald Small Charm of Storms
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x55f94890
Adds 1 - 27 Lightning Damage
Poison Resist +11%

Ruby Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xad790957
Adds 4 - 7 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Fire Resist +10%

Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 18 - 211
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x381bea4
Ethereal
4 Sockets (0 used)

Archon Plate
Defense: 516
Durability: 49 of 60
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xca17e38b

Archon Plate
Defense: 522
Durability: 46 of 60
Fingerprint: 0x30775472
3 Sockets (0 used)

Archon Plate
Defense: 516
Durability: 34 of 60
Fingerprint: 0x6d301b0c
2 Sockets (0 used)

Archon Plate
Defense: 517
Durability: 32 of 60
Fingerprint: 0xef0b7226
2 Sockets (0 used)

Thats alot of AP, many smokes on the way? :D sorry, i am drunk.

On the bright side, found atleast 1 better item from my baallist today. good? No. grailer? no? QQ

Victus said:
Nope, it's the essence drop. It slightly decreases all other drop chances.
Think of it that way - everytime you see an essence potential Tyrael is lost. :p

/Looks at all the essences I picked up :crazyeyes:

Btw, I am new to this so I thought I should ask: when should I send my update?
You should have sent it already, said he would post the update about now.

Here we are, well done pindlers, everyone's got a score in.

Baal
Zarqu
Kaerion
frozzzen
martinkingss

AT
Paradigmshift
humbuggerer
jimsfriend
naualum
queenEm

Other 85
kestegs
Horseheadnebula
TheNix
zgpmf
jjscud

Pindle+
scrcrw
zgpmf
nulio
Victus
wimZod
LiquidClear
sequana

Teams
Kittens
unnamed

Next update will be about the same time on Friday.

WTG kittens!

Keep up the good work!

Ah good, I'm higher up than I thought. We're in ideal position, imo. :D

We're just getting started in here!

zgpmf said:
I'll ask just to be sure, is it OK if I run Pindle to have qualifiers from Thresh and Pindle, or if I run lvl85 areas to have qualifiers from, for example, Pit, WSK and CS ?
jjscud said:
Yes to both, the only level 85 area that doesn't count in area 85 is Ancient Tunnels and any Super Unique in act 5 counts except baal's minions.

Ok, I've just seen this. For clarification, as I have chosen the lvl85 areas that means that I'm not just restricted the to one lvl85 area that I've been running since the MFO started? So long as I don't go into AT I can go into WSK, etc?

Oh well, I´m exactly there where I expected to be...:). But quite interesting distribution of my qualifiers, it´s good thing to find all those crappy ones at first to not delay with them later :yes:.

New day and nothing but improvement can wait for me! (and breakfast first)

*deep sigh* I really suck at this :)

But it can only get better! And if I have read the rules correctly it only takes one super qualifier and I will be back on top...

Correct .

I'm winning, I'm winning! :D Let's see how long that lasts...

No non-qualifiers of note so far. Pindle's minions seem to drop a good amount of interesting white/grey base items though. Maybe I need more MF?
I jinxed myself...

Died this morning, probably was about 50 runs from leveling xD
And how did it happen? By not paying attention to the game of course! I forgot to look, but I think it was even a fallen boss.

Found a um rune, which is now my top rune :)

Also a 7mf/ 8 mana charm.

Interesting observation from AT running... I've never considered the drops of the non-bosses in the overall drop odds. In fact I've generally considered them a bit of a nuisance, costing me valuable time when I don't identify them as a pack of normals quickly enough. However, their drop chances are only about 50x worse than the uniques in the area, and it's almost inevitable to kill 30+ of them in a run just with minions and adjacent crowds. Obviously they can't drop all the same items, but it's still notable when you're doing 1000+ runs. Of my qualifiers so far (it's admittedly a limited sample set), 9% are from normal drops, 18% from champs, 73% from uniques. That's pretty close to what I would expect given the drop odds and ratios of population.

I also had a careless death this morning - though i'm not quite that close to leveling. Teleported into a two or three boss pack of convicted lightning mages and was so impressed by the crowd i didn't take many evasive measures.

Are you running on p1 or p3, p5...? I am doing p3 at the moment but it is taking rather a long time. Is it better to do p1 and get more runs in? Also doing AT if there are some differences.

Hmm 3rd place? No way... I have to crush mister scrcrw! :crazyeyes:

Some of the non-qualifiers so far:

Code:
Lenymo 
Sash 
Defense: 2 
Durability: 6 of 12 
Required Level: 7 
Fingerprint: 0xe259d940 
Unidentified 
+15 to Mana 
Regenerate Mana 30% 
All Resistances +5 
+1 to Light Radius 

Gul Rune 
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist 

Gul Rune 
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist 

Mal Rune 
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
queenEm said:
Are you running on p1 or p3, p5...? I am doing p3 at the moment but it is taking rather a long time. Is it better to do p1 and get more runs in? Also doing AT if there are some differences.
Do p1, and only kill boss packs. This is the most efficient way to get the highest qualifiers. They have a 0% no drop chance, so the p setting won't change their odds.

I would only increase the p setting if it doesn't affect your times, which is unlikely.

And the power just went out :( sooo close to level 94 too!

scrcrw said:
Pindle's minions seem to drop a good amount of interesting white/grey base items though. Maybe I need more MF?

same here. i have seen at least 5 grey unearthed wand from minions. they were not even blue. :(

@Kestegs: thanks for the advice! Now I might even go below 7 minutes per run...

If your runs are taking a couple minutes you might want to look at rolling another map. During the last MFO (which was my first real experience running AT in any capacity) I started out running around 1:45. With a better map and more experience I'm averaging about 55 seconds now, which is still a touch slow for the number of bosses i'm hitting.

Here's some video motivation. There's another good vid on page 4 of that thread. My runs are not that pretty, but reasonably effective.

Made it to 94! I have never had a level 95 character, but I don't think this one will get there anytime soon... :rolleyes:

Runes are beginning to get a better:
Code:
Mal Rune 
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

I'm a bit confused:
This popped out of the pit level 2 chest:

Code:
Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xf3e155e4 
100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die 
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames) 
-4% to Enemy Cold Resistance 
+3% to Cold Skill Damage

I had always heard that the chest was bugged to be at the iLevel of the tamoe highlands.

kestegs said:
I'm a bit confused:

You heard wrong.

There, problem solved.

Ok, actually, I think its the TC of Tamoe Highliand but it still has its proper ilvl. So it can drop facets which are quite high qlvl but not tc 87s set peices that have much lower qlvls.

nualum said:
If your runs are taking a couple minutes you might want to look at rolling another map. During the last MFO (which was my first real experience running AT in any capacity) I started out running around 1:45. With a better map and more experience I'm averaging about 55 seconds now, which is still a touch slow for the number of bosses i'm hitting.

Here's some video motivation. There's another good vid on page 4 of that thread. My runs are not that pretty, but reasonably effective.

Oh my God... I knew Bassano was specializing in fast runs but that is just insane... I guess a fishymancer is not an optimal MFer :) well well, I am actually down to around 5 min and I think I need to settle. My heart can't take any more excitment than that.

Found this today: not a qualifier but still nice!

Undead Crown
Crown
Defense: 104
Durability: 31 of 50
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5a407f50
+40% Enhanced Defense
+40 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
5% Life stolen per hit
+3 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Half Freeze Duration
50% Damage to Undead
+60 to Attack Rating against
Ok, that makes sense. I still have issues understanding all that TC/qlvl/ilevel garbage :crazyeyes:

A fishymancer is never ideal, but he can still do it, and luck plays a huge role as well.

I'm running AT with 2 toons. A blizzsorc (this build is ideal) and a Windy. The blizzsorc is right around the 50-55 sec per run avg whereas the windy is around the 1:05 - 1:15 depending upon the spawns. He has trouble with the PI/Stone Skin guys and so I usually just skip them rather than spend a lot of time on them. He started the MFO at 77 and is now at 87.

The blizzsorc is sporting some 657 or so mf while the windy is only around 458. I just like that I can get a change of pace with the windy.

I didn't get much running in yesterday as I wasn't feeling very well. Maybe 70 runs total. Plan to make up for that today and the rest of the week. My score better be great by Friday as I won't have much time to run on the weekend due to my daughter's softball tourney going on all weekend. No new non-qualifiers to speak of, but may update later tonight provided I find anything prior to bedtime.

Can we still make teams or it's too late?

A hotmuling accident caused me to trade my 40% Gheed's for this one:

Code:
Gheed's Fortune 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 62 
Fingerprint: 0xe106ea3 
96% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Reduces all Vendor Prices 15% 
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

On a related note, a couple more GCs of Greed..

More non-qualifiers:

Code:
Sapphire Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xfe7b7ff
+19 to Life
Cold Resist +10%

Vermilion Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0xa7b18659
+15 to Maximum Damage
Requirements -15%

Sapphire Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xee1ef6d4
Cold Resist +27%
Requirements -15%

zgpmf said:
Can we still make teams or it's too late?

Its too late.

Golden drops have lacking, until I realized I sported 10% mf. I swapped out my lionheart for a newly built CoH, swapped out a 8 max gc for a 39% gheed, and upped it to 74%. BIG CHANGE! And I mean BIG!

Runes have also been lacking, until the last two runs of the day, where a Ist dropped from baal, and the next run, another Ist from lister. Other than that? Alot of hels if anyone needs...

Achievements up to now - Sur rune and reaching level 96, that was relieving. Nothing else to talk about.

Can I maybe get some points for this? It'd be my top qualifier if I could :D

Phew... what a nice way to loose MFO :badteeth:

Code:
[B]Torch of Iro[/B]
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 13 of 15
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
[B]Item Level: 99[/B]
Fingerprint: 0xa0e30360
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

I must say that it started pretty nice, finding Sur and 2 Gul runes, couple decent qualifiers for such early phase of MFO and so on, but as days moved so it became worse. I mean like much worse. I mean like horrible. So horrible that I managed to improve my score from day 2 by only 6%.

Total Baal runs done so far is 980, add or take few and I found ~150 qualifiers. Sadly, even if I deleted whole MFO stash it wouldn't feel like anything else then freeing my HDD space :/

Goal for MFO is met. Mio reached level 98 and I'm taking a break now probably. What happened to sanctity of getting level 99? I got from 97-98 in just... 6 days? I hope I won't eat my words but 99 seems a lot closer now :D

I'll probably jump to do some lite running on weekend, but for now I think I'm pretty much done.

Still waiting for some of these blue and yellow Sacred Armours, Zakarum Shields and Druid pelts to change colour. No upgrades for quite a while now.

Baal
----
Kaerion
Zarqu
frozzzen
martinkingss

AT
----
Paradigmshift
naualum
humbuggerer
jimsfriend
queenEm

Other 85
--------
kestegs
jjscud
Horseheadnebula
TheNix
zgpmf

Pindle+
------
scrcrw
zgpmf
nulio
Victus
wimZod
sequana
LiquidClear

And Kittens still have the lead

Haha, there is cruel battle for the last position in Pindle category. It's going to be interesting :D.

edit:

Such wasting of luck...

Pelta Lunata
Buckler
Defense: 43
Chance to Block: 40%
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 2
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0xc6ab8442
+2 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+10 to Vitality
+37% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+30 Defense
+9 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Block Rate
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

sequana said:
Haha, there is cruel battle for the last position in Pindle category. It's going to be interesting :D.

i'm in that battle as well. i have not been able to increase my score since the monday. not a single point. but i do have this like you.

3 mara's, gull, and now pelta lunata. pindle is toying with me. ohh 2 tal rasha ammy as well. i'll so losing this mfo with this point-less luck lol :)

Code:
Pelta Lunata
Buckler
Defense: 39
Chance to Block:  40%
Smite Damage: 1 to 3
Durability: 9 of 20
Required Strength: 12
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x6e486295
+2 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+10 to Vitality
+33% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+30 Defense
+8 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Block Rate

I thought the next update will be on Friday and didn't send a report. Good to know that people behind me are not pushing too hard though.

Here are some notable non-qualifiers:

Code:
Graverobber's Grand Charm of Vita 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x4d3cb84a 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only) 
+36 to Life

Death Scarab 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x55149d85 
+12 to Maximum Damage 
+8 to Strength 
Cold Resist +9% 
Lightning Resist +9% 
Fire Resist +9% 
Poison Resist +9%

Vex Rune 
Required Level: 55 
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit 
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist 
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

watching MFO closely, good luck to everybody but go wimzod goo:)
Some cheer could be useful for you

Oops, sorry about the update.

I also thought the next update was on friday, thats why I didn't send my update. Sorry.

update? didn't realize we were doing one until Friday either :rolleyes:

Code:
Bane Ash 
Short Staff 
Two Hand Damage: 1 - 8 
Durability: 18 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x3ad2b0c8 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
60% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 4 - 6 Fire Damage 
+5 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only) 
+2 to Warmth (Sorceress Only) 
+30 to Mana 
Fire Resist +50% 

Spirit Casque 
Circlet 
Defense: 28 
Durability: 25 of 35 
Fingerprint: 0xaf9d2622 
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
Fire Resist +30% 
Magic Damage Reduced by 3 
Level 1 Tornado (6/22 Charges) 

Order Whorl 
Ring 
Fingerprint: 0x303a49ba 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+4 to Minimum Damage 
3% Life stolen per hit 
+3 to Mana 
All Resistances +6 
Fire Resist +24%

The circlet Isn't amazing, but pretty cool still. The ring I think is pretty good, It's a shame the leech didn't spawn higher.

i also thought that next update is friday so didnt´t sent scores. yesterday my poisonmancer reached level 94. i wasn´t pleased with my average running times eventhough i got nice development from 3 minutes to 2min 20sec just with learning not to pick up and id everything.

so i started made gear and player settings tests. i switched from 75fcr to 125fcr and average times were 2min 5sec. then i dropped player settings to 3 and replaced skillers to inventory full of mf scs and average times were now 1min 37 sec. then dropped to player settings 1 and now my times are 1min 21sec.

it also helped that i removed all screenshots for other folder and also allmost all characters from save file to another folder. difference in startup time was notable. something like 3 seconds or so. don´t know if this works in pc world but atleast it helped my mac.

i think there is no room for thought that would went back to p7 since time saves is so significant. one minute. amazing. wouldn´t have thought that. and mf rose nicely also. with p7 setup i had practically same gear setup than nagisas last year mfo poisonmancer gears. and hes running times were between 1.10-1.30. difference between our playing skills must be huge.

seems that i wasn´t so ready for this contest that i believed but luckily there is still time left. so watch your back i just started to warm up :D

non qualifiers were not so mind blowing than couple first day. just Lo and ist rune. score increasing started to be very slow, but got two grailers which is allways nice.

Last night saw the first time i've lost a character file to a power outage, but thankfully it only cost me about 40 runs worth of experience - very grateful no grailers or worthwhile qualifiers were lost. Had a decent drop in early action this morning that I would have been rather upset to lose.

I'm sitting right at 1000 AT runs (plus or minus 10), and here are some subtle things I've come to appreciate:

1. Backups :)
2. Ethereal grailers - having something at least minimally exciting about normal unique drops does help fill the voids between qualifying drops.
3. Conviction auras - almost any pack of losers becomes a viable threat between the massive boost to lightning mages and the impact to hit on the melee goons. At this point everybody knows its potency, but seeing it in such a strongly contrasted way is startling. I imagine any dedicated trav runners have experienced the same...
4. Fanatacism auras on large packs (particularly skeleton mages when they're bunched up) - it just looks cool.
5. Run Counter

And a few things starting to bother me:

1. Charms - so tantalizing, and so frequently useless. At probably five seconds per, I'll continue to pick them up and identify them... but only to spice up the runs, it's seriously inefficient.
2. Poison nova - the merc is very effective with andy's helm, but the novas do make distinguishing bosses/champs more difficult when every enemy is green.
3. Rare Antlers - seriously, enough is enough. I don't want them!
4. Cold immunes, obviously. The merc handles them easily, but too often I end up standing around watching him go toe to toe with some boss who ultimately drops a flawed gem. :yuck:
5. The way scoring improvements get exponentially harder to come by as the runs stack up.
6. Paradigmshift's score :whistling:

jjscud said:
I will post updates (current placement but not scores, don't want to give too much away) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and I'm GMT - 7.

I'll try to be clearer next time.

Somehow.:p
jjscud said:
Here we are, well done pindlers, everyone's got a score in.

Next update will be about the same time on Friday.
There's where you confused us :p

kestegs said:
There's where you confused us :p

Wow, I had no clue I had wrote that.

Sorry guys, serious brain fart somewhere along the way.

Oh well, Friday's update will still be there as expected.

Ding, 96! Going from 93-96 by just baalruns is... more fun than expected!

Well, I knew there was supposed to be an update on Wednesday, but my score hadn't changed since the last update, so I didn't send one in. Since that time I've pushed 2 more out of my top5. It was late last night when I did it so the changes will be in effect on Friday's update.

Sorry Nualum, just trying to help keep Team Kittens!!! in the lead. I agree about the fanaticism aura looking cool on a large group of monsters. My map is really decent as at times I can get 5 boss packs in the chestroom and that room is 3 tele's from the entrance. The combination of aura's in the room can be a little neat to see. I have died a ton, especially with that many bosspacks so close together it makes it very difficult sometimes to dodge all the lightning bolts. But it does keep you on your toes.
I guess it didn't really matter that I didn't update, since I didn't move out of spot #1.

/modest

My run times have gone from 2:10 average to about 1:55, I could probably get lower if I stayed focused better, but then I might lose interest.

sequana said:

Back off! Last place is mine! :alright:

I was thinking about ditching Thresh and only run Pindle when he (Thresh) dropped me a Jah rune. Well, I ditched him anyway because he gave the amp curse right before I went to Pindle.

New non-qualifiers:
Code:
Storm Visor
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 21 of 35
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xd477ec17
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +28%
7% Mana stolen per hit
20% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

Stone Shell
Blood Spirit
Defense: 176
Durability: 20 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 86
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xbc7692c3
+1 to Energy
+21% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +15%
+3 to Heart of Wolverine (Druid Only)
+3 to Fire Claws (Druid Only)
+3 to Volcano (Druid Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Shadow Eye
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb99b7dcb
+5 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-70 lightning damage
Requirements -15%
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

Wraith Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x452a16e
+8 to Strength
+9 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +22%
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Jah Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: Ignore Target Defense
Helms: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

It's been a bad day for upgrades today, but this has helped lift the spirits:

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow Armor: Damage Reduced by 8% Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Sent my first update (sorry I forgot!) to jjscud, hope it's any good. Also, while I know that Baal is a stingy crab, I had hoped for a little more in the by-catch department -I'm so jealous of all the people finding runes and stuff. As it stands, it's been vex ohm um with no charms, whites or jewels to speak of.

On the XP (i.e. total irrelevant) side, my zon reached 95 last night, my sorc passed the half-way mark towards 98. 94-95 is really a big difference in survivability for the zon, I expect great things from her when she matures. My sorc is stable, merc can't be killed, she is a minute slower than the zon though, but with 250 more mf. It's a bit of a toss-up, I can't really decide which is the better runner for now, but having 2 runners instead of takes some of the boredom out of it. I may also do a couple of runs with my necro (teleporting with naj's, hah!)

Well good luck to everyone & hf grinding :p

made 234 pit run today and found best qualifier so far and also one new top five item. unfortunatelly i probably can´t run anymore so this contest it pretty much over from me. and what i have looked from last years mfos looks like that i have lost this contest. however this was very nice experience and my most serious attempt for mf ever. i made 581 p7, 51 p3 and 362 p1 runs.

can´t wait for next mfo. i´ll be much better prepared then. and good luck whom still continueing their runs.

some new non qualifier. three perfectly worst roll facet..
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6e4d46a0
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-3% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+3% to Poison Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x235c0a9f
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-3% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x4edfda
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-3% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage

Sounding Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7e3b6dc8
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+37 to Life

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

when someone of you will win can you pick item from our non qualifier also?

After a couple of uneventful days, I finally managed to improve my score a bit. Judging by zgpmf's non-qualifiers, I'll need every point I can get. 👍

Also: Ber, Cham.

Bf2ug.jpg

Trump ya ;)

All your Zods are belong to me? :badteeth:
Who caries a tp and id tome in the mfo? That's 28% mf your missing out on.

And gieb zod!

So I heard frozzen got so upset after the first results were posted that he decided to switch characters to brute force the win out of me. That's fine. More power to him. It's gonna feel even sweeter when he ends up with no TC87's on Sunday.

I'm currently in the zone, so expect at least an hour of focused running.

All you people suck, 2k AT runs and nothing higher than Pul here runewise. I hatez you allz!!

That's kind of amusing, i'm at 1500 AT runs and my net rune haul is also Pul (technically 2x Lem). Between the two of us that's downright pathetic.

So yeah, me too!

Paradigmshift said:
I hatez you allz!!
Score update sent in to jjscud, and i'm desperately hoping it won't be my final update. I'm going to be very proud of my haul pic, but I feel I've got work left to do before I can be equally proud of my finish in the standings.
I was feeling pretty bad about my 2xUm +Mal, so I guess it could be a lot worse, but I'm still pretty unhappy about it.

I'm such an idiot.:crazyeyes: I thought MFO ends today. I've been running Pindle like mad for the last 6 hours and found only one top 5 item.
I also got some new non-qualifiers, mostly small charms and runes. Yesterday got Vex from Pindle and Gul in Pits.
Probably will came last in 85area category, but you never know. :)
My rune list so far: Pul, Um x2, Mal x2, Ist, Gul x2, Vex, Ber, Jah, Zod, and handfull od Lems.
What else to say, I think I am doing pretty well for my first MFO, and good luck to everyone for the rest of the MFO.
Now off to watch House, and take some rest.👋
But, first have to send my top 5 to jjscud.

i've done 6.5k pinle runs. 1k is p3 and rest is p1. Highist rune is Mal. And qualifiers not so good also. Some nice non-qualifiers, charms etc tho but when you've done 6.5k pindle you are expecting something better. I don't know if i could done any more run over the weekend since i have some work to do. but i must say pindle is definitely not my thing. he is soooo boring and mean to me. :)

Over the course of the week I managed to find just over one hour of free time to run. Found two qualifiers. But I earned a lot of money at work at least. :)

Looks like some good scores are on their way. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Baal

-------
Kaerion
nepeta
Zarqu
frozzzen
martinkingss
LD50

AT
---------
Paradigmshift
naualum
jimsfriend
humbuggerer
queenEm
entwilighter

Other 85
---------
TheNix
MercMan
Horseheadnebula
kestegs
jjscud
zgpmf

Pindle+
-------
scrcrw
zgpmf
Victus
nulio
sequana
wimZod
LiquidClear

Teams are close except Fabian hasn't reported in so technically that leaves kittens with the lead.

If fact I'm a bit disappointed to see only half the lvl 85 field reporting in.

Also, Baal and AT are very close at the top. Level 85 is bit more spread but its still anyone's game. Pindle is quite spread out at the top with the real race for 3rd place. At the moment of course.

Sorry about that, I had just finsihed my runs for the night and was going to send in my scores. Oh well, I guess it'll be a little but more suspenseful!

edit: I sent them anyways, you can update it if you want, but its your call.

Haven't had much of anything to report. Probably due to the fact that I've barely played. Sorry bout that.

I can't believe this is not a qualifier???

Jalal's Mane
Totemic Mask
Defense: 444
Durability: 11 of 11
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xb14169d0
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+200% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

To me it looks like a supergood item :-(

It is a super good item, not as ethereal of course, but it is. Qualifiers are simply any set/unique elite base item. Jalal's, HoZ, War trav's, etc are great items, but are exceptional bases.

Well, it looks like I've got some catching up to do, so off I go!

Did over 1.1k Pindle runs today, not even one top 5 item but here are some non-qualifiers:

Code:
Brimstone Mask
Totemic Mask
Defense: 135
Durability: 14 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0xacad4684
+39 to Life
+37% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +21%
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
10% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Summon Grizzly (Druid Only)
+3 to Hunger (Druid Only)   <- wish it was Tornado:)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

Runic Talons
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 44
Durability: 52 of 69
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 115
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 60
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3080fee6
+1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+2 to Venom (Assassin Only)
+1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Cobalt Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x86356e68
Cold Resist +8%
3% Faster Run/Walk

Atma's Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x918cc6ce
Poison Resist +75%
+39 poison damage over 4 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
+3 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Chance to cast Level 2 Amplify Damage on striking

Eagle Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x810231f3
+3 to Strength
+8 to Dexterity
+15% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +30%

Plague Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x73665ea9
+4 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +24%
22% Extra Gold from Monsters
Requirements -15%

There are many great items which net you 0 points, and also a couple that score very high while never EVER being used in a real situation, silly d2!

Got some runs in, but I've got this weird feeling I'm still being punished for finding that zod... :p Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.

I'm back from my daughter's softball tournament this weekend which had me gone from Friday afternoon until just now when I sat down to the computer. Will get me a light nap for a bit and then off to run until midnight tonight in order to stretch some distance between me and the field hopefully and help Team Kittens!!! to victory.

Good job to everyone running, keep up the good work.

It's past midnight here and MFO is over for me. 👋 Pindle was such a mean mob - after 12k+ runs his drops are lower than expected. No score improvement in the weekend.

Here are some new non-qualifiers:

Code:
Sparking Grand Charm of Inertia 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x981f8488 
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only) 
+7% Faster Run/Walk

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xab3bd106 
100% Chance to cast level 31 Meteor when you Die 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+5% to Fire Skill Damage 

Bitter Track 
Scarabshell Boots 
Defense: 56 
Durability: 11 of 14 
Required Strength: 91 
Fingerprint: 0xa8aab1f4 
+30% Faster Run/Walk 
+4 to Dexterity 
Cold Resist +19% 
Fire Resist +39% 
Poison Resist +18% 
Half Freeze Duration

EDIT: Final score and ATMA readouts sent.

Final results sent to jjscud.

Got some results coming in. Please remember to put in your forum name, category, top 5 with total, and readouts of the top five.

Thanks.

Results sent, anxiously awaiting the rankings. GG everyone ^^
I'm a bit depressed about the whole situation here, but I've got about 2 more hours I'll be able to get in before it's midnight.

Down to the final stretch here... been seriously struggling with motivation today. While there are plenty of useful/scoring/grail drops available, they're getting more and more rare. While already having to work to keep going, I've just run off 45 minutes without so much as a qualifier... my longest dry spell of the MFO. Going to break for a while and maybe put in an hour or two right before midnight hits. After all, it only takes one good run to make up for a day of futility.

Final results sent. Not exactly what I hoped for, but I can't complain either :). Good luck to all people still running.

To brag with some non-qualifiers:
Runes - 2x Pul, 2x Ist, Gul, Sur

And two useful skillers:

Code:
Fletcher's Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xf2e7d6c4
+39 to Life
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Chilling Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x5f9df8f9
+14 to Life
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Final results sent :) I was able to improve my score in the last day so I'm very happy!

No D2 for some days now ^^ But anxious to see everybody final results.

As for non-qualifiers, the two guls I posted before and got a Sur :D (will have to upload ss later). Other than that, nothing that useful.

Good luck to the ones who still have some hours to run!

Results sent. After a very good first half, I slackened of considerably toward the end. With a total of 79 qualifiers and 470 other greens/golds, it was one hell of a ten days.

EDIT: Just looked at the Flavie report for the MFO and I ended up with 53.17% of the grail in 10 days! Only one TC3 though.

I have nearly an hour and a half to go, but I've decided to throw in the towel. I'm resigned to my most likely last place finish, but I gave it a better go than I thought I would when I signed up. Will probably post stats and haul pic once the results thread are up so you can all drool over my... lack of finds? :D

Gogogo AoYUT!

Results sent. Started out very promising, until I went the final 20 hours(since Tuesday) without a single increase in my score ><

We'll see how everyone else did.

Finished running, and sending in results here in a moment.

Highlight of todays non-qualifiers:

Steel Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xca43a5fb
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+35 to Attack Rating

And a Fal rune. Still the highest rune for my runs is Pul. Very disappointing...

Finished here as well, results are in. Stats and haul pic will post up in the results thread - definitely feel very good about my effort this time around, excellent grail progress and quality scoring. Rune progress however was severely lacking.

results are sent. i'm very dissapointed with the pindle :) nevertheless it was good to participate. i guess i'll get the last place :D

This weekend was very dissaponting. I barely improved my result from friday which means that scrcrw will probably win. But on the bright side, in this MFO I got 4 highest runes in the game. :)
Ber
Jah
Cham
Zod

Final results sent in last night. Motivation went down considerably on Saturday after finding a top5 qualifier and hitting 97.

Highest rune was a measly Ist, and top non-qualifiers 49% MF WT's and a 17/12 life/mana SC.

Interested to see how far I got with subpar dedication (at least when compared to winter MFO) and 200% MF.

zgpmf said:
This weekend was very dissaponting. I barely improved my result from friday which means that scrcrw will probably win. But on the bright side, in this MFO I got 4 highest runes in the game. :)
Ber
Jah
Cham
Zod

Not too shabby! Your heart must have taken quite a beating this week :p

Would you divulge any procedures of A5SU running? I've tried it a bit, but I feel I'm spending too much time running/waypointing between targets.

Good to see most of the results in. I'm still missing:

Rummski
Ojimijam
Virgait

and no one from pindle, good job guys!

I'm putting together the results right now.

As for me, runewise, a Ber is about the only thing I have to show. I was really hoping to find a Jah too so I could finish outfitting one of my better runners.

nepeta said:
Not too shabby! Your heart must have taken quite a beating this week :p

Would you divulge any procedures of A5SU running? I've tried it a bit, but I feel I'm spending too much time running/waypointing between targets.

Only Zod was a positive shock to me because it was the first i ever got.👍 But I'm not complaining about others also.

What is A5SU running? Never read or heard of it.:scratchchin:

A5 super uniques?
scratchchin.gif

lol, I thought it was some kind of competition like MFO,
actually "divulge" was the word that confused me.:D I thought it ment something else.

At first I was running Thresh and then Pindle in the same game but I died quite a lot at Pindle's because Thresh amped me 90% of the time and if I was going back to Malah every time it would take too much time.
Thresh/Pindle runs took me about 40-50 secs per run.
Then before the last weekend of MFO I decided to run only Pindle. It took me 15-30 secs per run depending if Pindle was PI.

Snapchip was just too far and I couldn't hork him so I didn't even bother with him.

I had around 550% MF. Hork was at 54%, and with switched weapons I had around 850% MF.

Sorry RL got in the way bigtime. The time i actually spent leveling my char netted me a Jah rune, but shortly after I deeded. Did mule it off moments before though

No results for me. I did find quite a few qualifiers, but they were of the green low-scoring variety and I didn`t pick them up. Then I predictably lost my character after teleporting in the middle of a boss pack and the MFO ended without a single qualifier in my stash:)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High