MFO Summer 2010 Signups and Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on July 7, 2010.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Its MFO Time!

Ok, its time for a full blown, week long, Magic Find Olympics

Start date: July 16th, 2010
End date: July 25th, 2010

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Ancient Tunnels
- Other Level 85 Areas
- teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by July 26th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.10 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum Since 1.13 final was released since last MFO, most everyone will need to have updated their profiles since last MFO.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
Re: Its MFO Time!

Quick question - Is horking allowed?

Thanks.

And another thanks for hosting it, very much looking forward to it!

I'm looking forward to this. I think I may even get to allot a decent amount of time for the running this time around.

Hammy said:
Quick question - Is horking allowed?

Certainly.

jjscud said:
Certainly.

I might to know something about that :p

Seriously, its good to know, that good old jj is still organizing MFOs 👍 Well done, sir!

EDIT: After considering, I decided I want to run Baal. Last MFO I ran lvl85 areas. Something different this time! Table updated.

Crap, I had been hoping I'd have a character that could have participated after my restart, but some RL obligations have made that impossible. Alas.

I'll be back for the end of year MFO though.

Good luck to all that participate though, and may your drops be golden.

CM

This date is ideal for me actually I can use MFO for try to find some of my last items I do not have.
Not for MFo victory beacuse i will have few time but for fun :)

This date is ideal for me actually I can use MFO for try to find some of my last items I do not have.

Tough I will start on 17th when I come back from vacation I think it's plenty of time to take another no1 spot in MFO don't you think? 😉 [/trashtalk]

If kittens forms up again you can sign me up since I won't be here for a week.

If i'm reading the rules correctly there's no entering this thing as 'out of competition'? And by that i mean i don't want to give up my precious, and i'm also not interested in taking items from anyone else.

This coincides with my holiday and GF out of the country:crazyeyes: A great opportunity to gain some levels for my PvPer and steal some items:whistling:

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I might give my 1.12 Hammerdin a go, seeing as I created him as a MF character. I'm tossing up between Pindle and Baal. Going Pindle at the moment because no-one else seems interested in Baal. I'm also up for another go at the teams contest, if my fellow Kittens!!! are still around...

I'm going to take this as a sign and run the Pits instead of Baal. To be honest, it sounds a lot more fun too :)

Cyrax said:
If i'm reading the rules correctly there's no entering this thing as 'out of competition'? And by that i mean i don't want to give up my precious, and i'm also not interested in taking items from anyone else.

Nope, this has always (even before I began running it) been the one tournament that we don't hold back on.

Thyiad said:
You don't mention WHICH version of 1.13 you're running. My instinct is c but better safe than sorry.

Guys (and gals, though I haven't seen any sign up yet) we need the version of 1.13 in the tags (i.e. 1.13[highlight]c[/highlight] SC FAM). I've updated those who were missing it but had it in their trade profile.

jjscud said:
Nope, this has always (even before I began running it) been the one tournament that we don't hold back on.

That's a shame. I've seen several tournaments where both participating for loot and without it are allowed and it seems like the latter also attracts enough people. I'm guessing that's mostly people that either don't trade, or don't like to loose items they've been searching for for quite a while (i would fall into both categories).

Not to mention ofc. that otherwise i'd be kicking your collective asses :badteeth:.

I won't be able to start until the 18th, but I should have time to get some runs in. Running for 1 item and 1 item only...

If I am anywhere near my computer during the said period, I’ll definitely give this one a shot.

this will be my first MFO i missed out on the last 2 that i really wanted to try out..will see how my luck goes, going to be hard pressed to outdo the hoarkers on pindle but im going to give it a shot... i will probly have to update my trade profile as i havent in a while..

jjscud, i've got a bit of a question. I just joined over here at incgamers, and so my trader profile is still on probation. Will I be allowed to compete?

If I am, do tell. I have WW barb that I built for pindle running, just itching to try him out.

What? The MFO sign-up down to page 2? This is madness!!

;)

Well, the good thing is: I'll be on holiday during the MFO. The bad thing: I won't participate because I'll be in Italy and won't take my laptop with me... :(

And there aren't any teams till now? Come on people, MFing like mad is much more fun if you aren't on your own!

@bassano: Still not tired of the Tunnels, huh? 😉 Good luck!

I just changed the team status for Rummski and myself. We lack a Baal and Pindle runner, so anyone in those categories are free to join us if you like.

Oh hell its been what 5 years since my last MFO. Can I play with RWM? If so I'll sign up for Pindle.

Will be owning the Pit with my uberl33t necro. Who knows, maybe I'll play enough to reach 97 ;)

I had been time traveling for so long that I missed the past several MFO's. But since I'm on vacation the week of the tournament, I'll be all over it like a bum on a sandwich. 😁 The sorcy I'm running with found a Ber rune in a previous MFO, so hopefully she still has a few tricks up her sleeve.

roshen said:
jjscud, i've got a bit of a question. I just joined over here at incgamers, and so my trader profile is still on probation. Will I be allowed to compete?

If I am, do tell. I have WW barb that I built for pindle running, just itching to try him out.

That's fine, you can enter.

SincereX13 said:
Oh hell its been what 5 years since my last MFO. Can I play with RWM? If so I'll sign up for Pindle

Again, that's fine, you'll just have to have a trade profile.

jjscud said:
That's fine, you can enter.

Again, that's fine, you'll just have to have a trade profile.

Its been a long while... what exactly is a trade profile and how do I sign up?

gogo team burnout!

Sorry thomh, couldn't resist.

Welcome aboard roshen. 👍

Now go kick some pindletail!

For all the other Pindle+ contestants out there, I threw together a spreadsheet with drop odds for the various targets in the category.

Good reference to see what running multiple targets per run does for your odds at getting a particular item, and also which superuniques can drop what items.

Linky

-Hammy

SincereX13 said:
Its been a long while... what exactly is a trade profile and how do I sign up?

Check over here. :)

Hammy said:
For all the other Pindle+ contestants out there, I threw together a spreadsheet with drop odds for the various targets in the category.

Good reference to see what running multiple targets per run does for your odds at getting a particular item, and also which superuniques can drop what items.

Linky

-Hammy

Cool beans! Thanks for the time and effort you put into that and for sharing it with us! :alright:

Very bad timing for me, but I'll try to do my best :).

Only 4 contestants for AT? Pffft, easy peasy. :p
Hope I'll be able to pull this off and won't go to vacations in the mean time though.

Guess I'll do Baal again. I can't promise the team I'll be very competitive, but we'll see.

Oh yeah baby... Zaliquai is back!!!! Working on getting Joosh back as well...

Let this serve notice to all you scrubs out there... Team Kittens will be bringing home the team trophy this MFO. So far, we just have to carve up the burnouts, but I'm sure some of you lamers will team up some super team to try and tame these kittens, but it will end in failure.

@Chairnick - This will be my first venture into the AT in an MFO, but I am totally prepared to dominate this category. My blizzy is decked out and my map has been rolled to perfection. Working on getting my times to an efficient pace and plan on many hours of pure MF frenzy.

@OMG - Those sacrifices to Kaa will do you no good. You will wither under the pressure of the Kittens...

There... the smack has been spoken, the gauntlet laid before you... who is going to rise to the challenge?

Since the trash talking seems to be in full swing, I'll take this opportunity to announce that I'm winning the Pindle category this year. You read it here first!

My Zerker is running right around the 22 second mark... At level 77.

Can you 1-hit Pindle?

It's on like Donkey Kong!

(No luck with a 1.07 Heavy Bracers rack yet, I will probably have to do without)

Well, it is, as they say, ON!

I'm doing runs just over 19 seconds when the computer isn't cooperating very well (not sure what's wrong, but it's prone to lagging really badly a lot of the time, which really sucks for effective running). I think the run counter I'm using is one issue, so I tried to not use it tonight and the runs felt noticably faster, although they're of course not timed. I'm pretty confident I was averaging maybe 18.5-18.8 seconds though when the computer wasn't lagging. Focusing only on Pindle and ignoring the Minions.

And while I very much doubt I'm 1-hitting Pindle, he goes down pretty fast all the same :)

Paradigmshift said:
@OMG - Those sacrifices to Kaa will do you no good. You will wither under the pressure of the Kittens...

Session Start: July-09-10
(4:52 PM) Paradigmshift: so what area are you running in the mfo?
(4:52 PM) Joel: RoF/CS
(4:52 PM) Paradigmshift: i was thinking the same

Session Start: July-13-10
(3:24 PM) Paradigmshift: looks like i'm AT boy this year in the mfo... my blizzy gonna pwn it up...

Nice dodge. ;) You can sleep at night now knowing you're not in the same category, eh?

[highlight]Team Slackers is missing a Baal runner. Any *cough* applicants *cough* can PM me ;)[/highlight]

Also, I'd like to get some opinions: Assuming I'll be running a fixed amount of time each day which will statistically score more points: 1:10 /p1 pit runs or 1:40 /p7 pit runs (6-8 boss packs per run)?

Can't imagine it being the p7 runs. That's a huge time increase, over 40%. So many more dead Bosses on p1, it sounds like, and that should mostly be what matters.

Fabian said:
Can't imagine it being the p7 runs. That's a huge time increase, over 40%. So many more dead Bosses on p1, it sounds like, and that should mostly be what matters.

That'd be my idea as well, but in the last MFO I noticed almost half my qualifiers being ilvl 85 (and I run on /p7).

Let's say 40% are dropped by non-bosses then, and with the 40% increase, it should be a wash.

However, that's not really true, as plenty of ilvl85 items drop on p1 anyway. The increase in ilvl 85 items dropped on p7 compared to p1 shouldn't be able to compensate that much, as even on p1 some of the qualifiers would be ilvl85 anyway.

Rough numbers and maybe not very accurate, but I think the reasoning is sound.

Paradigmshift said:
@Chairnick - This will be my first venture into the AT in an MFO, but I am totally prepared to dominate this category. My blizzy is decked out and my map has been rolled to perfection. Working on getting my times to an efficient pace and plan on many hours of pure MF frenzy.
Pffft, trashtalk all you want, we'll see how you cope with my 1 minute warmup AT runs with 5-7 unique packs. Just wait 'till I switch to autopilot, 40 second runs, here we go. :cool:
Only change in plans for my vacations can save you from oblivion. :p

Removed myself from the list, since I'm restarting. I'll catch the next MFO.

I'd like to sign up for this, but I just don't think I'd actually have the time for any real running. Bass/Seq will have to make sure that Kittens finish last this time without me:nervous:

Another Barbarian pindle pounding.

Up for adoption as well. A little extra motivation wouldn't hurt.

wow am i the only sorc running pindle???.. i may have to look into my run times in other areas ... im starting to worry with all the barbs running it..

Hork = 2× more items in virtually the same time ;)

Question: do I want to do a moderate amount of Pindle runs next week and have all my good drops taken from me as I finish last? Or do I want do no Pindle runs and wish that I had the motivation of the MFO to encourage me to do some? ;)

98 here I come. Wheeeeeeeeeeee.

colony said:
I'd like to sign up for this, but I just don't think I'd actually have the time for any real running. Bass/Seq will have to make sure that Kittens finish last this time without me:nervous:

Actually it seems we have no team this round. So me and bass can pwn only in our own categories, what sounds also promising :). Or if you change your mind and join, we can make some awesome team :badteeth:.

Thanks Nagisa for volunteering to be a supervisor, I think you'll be running the baal category.

I could really use another supervisor or two if anyone else could help out.

Also, I will be checking on trade profiles in the next few hours so if you know yours still needs to be created/updated, now is the time.

Look for information here in the next 24 hours about all category supervisors, missing profiles and any other notes as we get started.

Wait, 16th is in less than 5 hours by my watch, so I can start running then?

Time difference means it's the 16th in an hour's time.... In other words I'm asking the same thing as Chairnick.

And the area supervisors are??????

@Individuals up for adoption: I wouldn't mind going to AT if you guys want a team. I'll let you guys decide?

roshen said:
Time difference means it's the 16th in an hour's time.... In other words I'm asking the same thing as Chairnick.

I'm not sure where it is that it would start in an hour, but it is the 16th local time, so as chairnik says. Once its the 16th by his watch (assuming its correct) he can start running.

I decided I wanted to test out some Baal runs sans IM with one of my old builds and Nagisa has graciously agreed to supply me with the items required, hence the 1.13 tags. I made myself available for teams (just to spite Thy! ;p) but anyone looking to pick me up should understand that any time I spend playing will depend on when the SC2 beta servers go down (which, according to what I know, would most likely happen on the 21st, at the earliest, though maintenance downtimes in the interim might allow for more playtime.)

My trader profile is not updated to reflect any 1.13c status, and I must admit that I'm unable to edit it just now as I have to do important work-related business 5 minutes ago (I gotta get ppl their checks!) but as soon as I get home in 5-6 hours, I will correct the profile info.

Lastly, I am perfectly willing to act as a supervisor, if you are still in need of people.

As the general manager :)whistling:) of team slackers I proudly announce the worthy addition of Thy (and Atil) in the team's ranks.

Still have 11 hours to go before the 16th here. Have a Dr. appt to go to in 2 hours, a yard to mow, dinner to eat and then it's off to bed for me with my alarm set for 11:45pm so that I can be in my chair ready to go at midnight to begin my dominance in the AT category.

@Nagisa - I see your thinly veiled attempt to come and take me on in the AT category, but I think you would be wise to stay away unless you just like losing that much. I owe you for all those ears you've already taken from me.

If inscriptions are still open. (19.53 PM 15/07 here if it matters).

I'll be partecipating mostly for the fun side and to scout out this event, the MFO caught me totally unprepared, having gone back to my SP roots after years of closed battle.net just a couple weeks ago.
Sporting a topazed helm & armor plus a spirit combo my soso can hardly compete with some of the character setups I've read about here in the last days, but we'll see :jig:

If anything I can be a supervisor if you're in dire need of one.

Paradigm: Confuse us again, and I'll head on over to AT for another 6000 runs. :p

omg: If you're really okay switching areas (and Mungo//[insert Baal runner]) are fine with it, then sure.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Paradigm: Confuse us again, and I'll head on over to AT for another 6000 runs. :p

omg: If you're really okay switching areas (and Mungo//[insert Baal runner]) are fine with it, then sure.

It wasn't confusion, it was fear. His brain kicked and substituted the first appropiate name he could use instead.

Looks like Thyiad is no longer out for grabs, but maareek is. If you guys are okay with Team OMG or something to the likes of that (lol), I'll swap to AT. I've never really done AT competitively, so I'll probably have to spend Day 1 just on practice/tweaks.

It's half past the witching hour here. The 16th is finally here. Let the zombie thumping begin!

Huh... A coward's hiding place...

zerth said:
As the general manager :)whistling:) of team slackers I proudly announce the worthy addition of Thy (and Atil) in the team's ranks.

I for one would like to welcome our new Team Slacker overlords. :evil2: Although in my <limited> practice runs I've found few qualifiers so we may not be overlords for long. :D

And with a 6th man joining the Ancient Tunnels category I can no longer claim a top 5 finish by default. FML. :rolleyes:

Im ok with Team OMG, let battle commence.

I've been back and forth a dozen times on whether or not to participate. My new AT runner isn't quite ready yet, and I'm going to be out of town next weekend... On the other hand, my last week worth of pindle finds wouldn't have been a totally embarassing score, so if I can replicate that luck and step up the effort a bit, I might come in a proud last instead of an ashamed last.

Assuming I'm still on time (10 hours to go before the 16th here), sign me up for Pindle+
nualum [1.13c SC FAM FTS]

No teaming up for me unless somebody is really desperate.

@Pindle-runners: updates:

kovarova (at) vscht (dot) cz

or

PM

Good luck to everyone, may the best man win :).

Awesome, another pindle runner :) More competition = more fun.

Just under 2 hours to go before I can start, I'm pumped. I'll be busy all day tomorrow it seems, just means I have to try harder the rest of the time. Good luck everyone!

So long as no one minds if my participation level is poor, I decided to join. It can't hurt. :)

Created team, auto-drafted maareek, and moved our namesake to AT.

Good luck to everyone who has already started running. :)

EDIT: I look forward to updates from Baal, namely who finishes last. 👅

Also, one more question. MFO lasts for 10 days, yet jjscud uses the word week all the time. So we are allowed to run only seven days within those 10 days, and if so, must those days be one after another or can I run for 3 days, have a 2 day break and then rune for 4 more days?

1 hour 5 min left, I hope I'll manage to do about 60 runs tonight since it was a long day.

Good luck to all participants! Looking forward to those leet loot screens ;)

Good luck everyone. Let the looting begin ;)

Yeah, best of luck everyone.

Time to gear up ol' Blizzy and go figure out how to do this AT thing. ;D

Progress thread time?

9 hours to go here. Good luck, all.

Fabs, you started yet?

10 minutes left :)

Been pindle-pounding for the last three and a half hours.

Almost forgot, good luck to all the pindle runners out there. And everyone else, I suppose.

Gogogogo CET :D

@Chairnick: You can run for 24 hrs a day for 10 days if you like (now that would be a feat :crazyeyes:).

Midnight just hit so I'm gonna get in a couple of runs. Good luck all! 👍

It's on for me, starting now!

Good luck to all. (Burnouts that is ;) )

Someone should set up a skype or mumble group conversation, I'm sure it could help motivation for some people :)

Good luck!

Chairnick said:
Also, one more question. MFO lasts for 10 days, yet jjscud uses the word week all the time. So we are allowed to run only seven days within those 10 days, and if so, must those days be one after another or can I run for 3 days, have a 2 day break and then rune for 4 more days?

1 hour 5 min left, I hope I'll manage to do about 60 runs tonight since it was a long day.

Lets call it a very generous week, zaliqai is right, 10x24 is ok if you can survive it (I couldn't).

Fabian said:
Progress thread time?

This will be the progress thread too.

Someone should set up a skype or mumble group conversation, I'm sure it could help motivation for some people

And some of us, I mean some people, may need a little (or a lot) more. At least I had enough motivation to put in some practice this past week (about 3 minutes worth).

I'm calling it a night, 60 runs, 4 qualifiers so far.

i have to work the 16/17/18 th , but then vacation time starts, so im going give the other pindle runners a lil head start. i may get in a few runs the first 3 days , then it's on after that!!!!!

90 minutes in and I might have found a top 5 item, and also this insanely sexy non-qualifier:

Code:
Wraith Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb6578de
+9 to Strength
+9 to Dexterity
All Resistances +10
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Not sure where that will go, but man do I like it!

Alright, 5.30 in the morning I'm calling it a night. I might have found some interesting items....
What I can tell you is that I found these:

Code:
Ist Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Helms: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51

Vex Rune

Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Helms: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Required Level: 55

Pindle and his ilk have been rather generous tonight... Goodnight everybody.

ps. Fab, do you mean top 5 from the top of the qualifiers list???? :crazyeyes:

By "a top 5 item" I mean something which might go on my final list of the 5 best finds. Whether or not it's one of the 5 best scoring items Pindle can drop, I can't tell you :)

To all area level 85 runners: please send your updates to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com.

I know it's in the OP, but I'm gonna make another plea to make sure you name your email appropriately, so I can find you if gmail decides to send your mail to spam.

Best of luck to all the participants, except those in the Baal category. ;p

And to jjscud, Thy, etc., my profile should be up to date now, as well.

I wish I could join... but my computer recently fried itself. I've had to buy a new one, and now I have no characters to MF with....

:weep:

maareek said:
To all area level 85 runners: please send your updates to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com.

I know it's in the OP, but I'm gonna make another plea to make sure you name your email appropriately, so I can find you if gmail decides to send your mail to spam.

Best of luck to all the participants, except those in the Baal category. ;p

And to jjscud, Thy, etc., my profile should be up to date now, as well.

When do you want updates?

I just had my first session: 180 runs in the pits and it was a complete waste of time. I really hope the 8 qualifiers I have found so far stays out of my final top5. The green ogre maul has dropped. And dropped. And dropped. And dropped. Wohoooo.

Time to go to bed now and we`ll see what happens tomorrow. Have fun everyone.

Go Burnouts!

Baal is a stingy old fart. That's all I have to report for now...

EDIT: Just realized in my time zone I can't start running for another 3 hours... Good thing Baal didn't drop anything the last 3 hours I've been running him! :crazyeyes:

Thomh said:
When do you want updates?

People can send me updates as often as they like; I know I'm kinda spammy and send at least one update a day during the MFO so I'm not gonna shy away from people sending in lots of updates to me. Unless people want standings more frequently, I plan to post them on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of next week (that's the 19th, 21st and 23rd; important to note that this will be my time [GMT-5, which is CET-7, iirc]) so I'd need updates at least by each of those points.

Just to make sure it's all clear since people are so widely spread out: I'll probably compile the standings in the evening, my time, on those 3 days (19th, 21st, 23rd) so those who are in time zones ahead of mine can feel free to send results that day, their time, while those in the US/Canada/etc. would be better served sending in updates at the end of the night before, unless they plan on running that morning/early afternoon. Obviously if you're still running after you send in the update and you find something before I get the standings up, you can send in another.

I hope that actually makes things clear and not compounds any confusion. Anybody who has questions feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to explain things.

About an hour left to wait here... got two runners geared up and ready to rock. Consolidated the best of my sorc gear & charms for the main effort. I don't have enough experience or a good enough setup on the WW barb to focus there, but I'll use him for an occasional change of pace.

EDIT: @jdkerr - that's exactly how I hoped my barb would look about now, just haven't quite gotten the level for azurewrath or the base for Oath yet.

Running prototypical blizz sorc @ 517 MF & 43 FRW + harmony switch. Best times over about 50 warm up runs this evening were 20.0, averaging closer to 26 when it's all said and done. Won't keep up with the pace of horkers, but my total play time probably won't either, so I'm not going to worry too much.

T-minus one minute...

I should describe my build:

I am running a WW barbarian (formerly my Trav barb).

Equipment:
1.07 eth BB "Oath"
Azurewrath
Shako
"Wealth"
Ghoulhide
String of Ears
War Travelers
Highlord's Wrath
MF rings: 30%/18%
108% MF in charms, plus some Sharp GCs
Switch is 2x Ali Baba; I don't have even one Wiz, let alone two that are Isted. ;)

Total MF is around 350/520
Best run times are ~23 seconds
With muling, IDing, etc., my average is ~30 seconds

It's not the best, but it works just fine. :)

aaw this looks like lot of fun! well gotta keep running LK till next time to pimp out my Trapper for a Enigma :)

GL everyone, next time ill join up :)

/cheers TRK

Sadly I'll be gone for most of the weekend. Stupid birthday-party-that's-gonna-be-huge-fun ;)
I should be able to send an update (with hopefully the first few qualifiers) on Monday, but please don't count me out yet if I don't.
Practice runs went well, Griz's Caddy and Giantskull within very few runs. Hopefully that luck holds...

Good luck everyone!

I don't think I got my name on the official list but I did request to be involved in Pindle runs. Can I still play?

I also had asked about having to set up a trade account, I'm not sure what that is but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to do what is necessary there.

Well, my personal goal for the 10 day stretch is 1,000 runs. I think I will make it: I am already sitting at 500. :D

I have found a few qualifiers (one of which I am very happy with for reasons besides its score), but my best non-qualifier so far is probably this:

Natural Grand Charm of Maiming
Grand Charm
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x3e0904cb
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+4 to Maximum Damage

A few weeks back, Pindle gave me a "Passive" tree Amazon skiller, so this is a definite improvement. ;)

What??? Only 500 runs, jdkerr? I'm at about 1600 pindle runs. And about 15 eldritch runs (for the alleviation of boredom)... Though that may have more to do with the fact that my timezone is 10+ hours ahead of yours rather than my run speed. And a thermos of coffee. 😉

Hmm... just 200 runs in so far... some moderate qualifiers and a grailer so that is fine with me so far.

Noteable non-qualifiers...

Code:
Doom Gyre 
Jewel 
Required Level: 37 
Fingerprint: 0x38b9c60d 
Item Level: ** 
+7% Faster Hit Recovery 
+9 to Minimum Damage 
Cold Resist +25% 
Attacker Takes Damage of 1 

Shadow Shank 
Wyrmhide Boots 
Defense: 55 
Durability: 9 of 12 
Required Level: 45 
Required Strength: 50 
Fingerprint: 0x7b7333d3 
Item Level: 85 
+5 to Dexterity 
Cold Resist +36% 
Lightning Resist +33% 
Fire Resist +39% 

Graverobber's Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xa8947d7d 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

That's an impressive number roshen. I've been doing other stuff all day, so I have some catching up to do. I'll get there though, I'll get there!

I have about... oh... 12 runs in :p

Who is supervisor of the Baal category? I looked back through the thread and I must be going blind because I didn't see it...

Best find in twelve runs was a yellow Cadacious. So close....

Some of the more interesting non-qualifiers from the first day of running the pits.

Close, but no cigar:

Code:
Hailstone Barb
Suwayyah
One Hand Damage: 42 - 52
Durability: 44 of 48
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 80
Required Dexterity: 80
Fingerprint: 0xe375d8b2
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+3 to Minimum Damage
+78 to Attack Rating
Adds 18 - 61 Fire Damage
+3 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
+1 to Shadow Master (Assassin Only)
Lightning Resist +27%
Requirements -20%

Death Veil
Coronet
Defense: 57
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xcde11c31
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+116 to Attack Rating
+3 to Mana after each Kill
Ethereal

Some of the more useful stuff:
Code:
Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x2963f643
Unidentified
+19 to Life
Fire Resist +8%

Immortal King's Will
Avenger Guard
Defense: 161
Durability: 29 of 55
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x30bd4889
Unidentified
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+125 Defense
37% Extra Gold from Monsters
[highlight]40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items <<<<<Perfect![/highlight]
+4 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (0 used)

Lion Branded Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf39bd904
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Mentalist's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x52e773a3
Unidentified
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Ruby Jewel of Hope [highlight]Probably not useful for anything, more pretty than good, I guess[/highlight]
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x51942733
37% Enhanced Damage
+14 to Life

Serpent's Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xb13d3519
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+49 to Mana

Seraph's Hymn
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1e66fe75
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+40% Damage to Demons
+234 to Attack Rating against Demons
+41% Damage to Undead
+165 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to Light Radius

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x5c7da131
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +20

Death's Hand
Leather Gloves
Defense: 3
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0xcb093d47
Unidentified
Poison Resist +50%
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
Set (2 items): +30% Increased Attack Speed

Death's Guard
Sash
Defense: 22
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x393c14a3
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
+20 Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%

Slow going with pindle, but at least he has a sense of humor... two yellow diadems, hydra bows, and one scourge so far. I'm debating whether it's worth investing two hours of would-be-running to get my barb up to speed. If he can make 30 second runs afterward (which seems doable) he should come out ahead of the sorc assuming i'll run enough hours over the next few days... since he only needs one level I can probably just start running with him as-is until he gets there. Probably gonna go for it...

BOOO!!! So I took a detour to the throne to speed up the leveling process and guess what happens:
Code:
Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 327
Chance to Block:  30%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 10 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 72
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xfc05ee3e
+123% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +21
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
20% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance to cast Level 3 Terror when struck

Terrible roll, but fit for a non-qualifier

SincereX13 said:
I don't think I got my name on the official list but I did request to be involved in Pindle runs. Can I still play?

I also had asked about having to set up a trade account, I'm not sure what that is but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to do what is necessary there.

Once I post that signups are closed they are closed so... wait, I haven't posted that yet have I, oops.

As for the trade profile:

NagisaFurukawa said: Check over here. :)[/quote said:
So here are the final participants (signups are closed now):

----
Baal
----
nubikoen [1.13c SC FAM]
Virtue [1.13c SC FAM]
xxnothing [1.13c sc FAM]
Nepenthe [1.13c SC FAM]
sequana [1.13c HC FAM]
Zaliqai [1.13c SC FAM]
Thyiad [1.13c SC FAM]
maareek [1.13c SC FAM]

--------
Ancient Tunnels
--------
bassano [1.12 sc FAM]
Rummski [1.13c SC FAM]
Steven Q Urkel [1.13c SC FAM]
Paradigmshift [1.13c SC FAM]
omgwtfbbqpwned [1.13c SC FAM]
Chairnick [1.13c SC FAM]
Darke Rahl [1.10 SC FAM]

--------------
Other Level 85 Areas
--------------
jjscud [1.13c SC FAM]
Nagisa [1.13c SC FAM]
frozzzen [1.13c SC FAM]
Thomh [1.13c SC FAM]
LD50 [1.13c SC FAM]
scrcrw [1.13c HC FAM]
zerth [1.13c SC FAM]

-------------------
Pindle+
-------------------
Jason Maher [1.12a SC FAM]
Fabian [1.13c SC FAM]
A sad mfer [1.13c SC FAM]
roshen [1.13c SC FAM]
Mungo [1.13c SC FAM]
nualum [1.13c SC FAM]
jdkerr[1.13c SC FAM]
SincereX13

------
Teams
------
Burnouts: Rummski-Thomh-nubikoen-roshen
Team Kittens: Paradigmshift, Jason Maher, frozzzen, Zaliqai
Slackers: zerth, Fabian, Steven Q Urkel, Thyiad
Team SLOWMG: · maareek · omgwtfbbqpwned · Nagisa · Mungo ·

Fabby, I have no idea how I'm going to hold up in the competition. It seems like you're the favourite according to the Fabian Fridaily thread... Two Grief BA's? The only way to compete with sexiness of that caliber is sheer number of runs. Fuelled by coffee.

I suppose I should thank my mum for bringing a thermos of it over:wink:...

Well, some moderate success with my runs, nothing spectacular dropped so far except for this non qualifier:

Code:
Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% 
Shields: +50 to Mana

Good morning world. The other way to beat me, roshen, is by feeding me lots and lots of vodka. Ugh, such a hangover. I'll try to get some runs in today. Ugh.

The mrs came up with the fantastic suggestion that we paint the patio yesterday. I suggested we wait. To cut a long story short; yesterday, I painted the patio.

I ran Baal for a couple of hours during the night. I don't remember what all my qualifiers are, but i do remember getting a Gul rune and quite a few yellow berserker axes.

Today I'll get some runs done for sure...

Vodka, eh? Give me your postal address, I'll send over a crate of Stolichsnaya. Or do you prefer the badgers-nadgers Smirnoff?

But seriously, is vodka some kind of elixir for Pindle runners? I'm partial to vodka myself. Specially in a screwdriver.

Hello ladies :)

Vacation over, PC still warm, cold beer and MFO.
I somehow regret that I haven't signed for AT, but this will also work. Just not as good as I would like to.

I did test run and on very first run I found Lo rune. Nice enough for one that hasn't played diablo for whole week :D Don't expect me to run anything today, perhaps this night, but I have to settle some RL issues first.

GL to everyone running.

I'm wishing I had signed up for Pindle, or AT or other lvl85 areas... ANYTHING but Baal. :) Long run times compared to other options, and so far not much payoff. Oh well, at least the EXP is good. I might hit clvl96 by the end of this thing....

By the way... it is OK to do my runs with different characters, correct? I had started out using my Blizz sorc but think I'd like to do some of the runs with a couple of my other characters for variety (trapsin, LF/CS zon, etc).

mmmm Pindle and vodka. As its morning over here, I guess that calls for a bloody mary. After the most dedicated stretch of running i've ever done in a 24 hour period, I'm not sure how well I'll hold up for today, let alone a week. I don't care much for windowed play with no sound, but it's got my average time for the sorc down to 19 seconds. It makes it feel a bit like playing in a sensory deprivation tank though.

xxnothing said:
By the way... it is OK to do my runs with different characters, correct?

Perfectly ok. Personally, I'm splitting my time between my poisonmancer and bowazon. The poisonmancer is getting most the work, he's faster and has more MF but he's also requires constant skill switching, the bowazon is much more relaxing to run, and her 3 minute p5 full clears are still not too shabby.

Just curious, how long it takes you guys to clear Pit on p7/8? I feel kinda slow for 1:53 avg so I just want to compare...

Just took around 1:40 to kill 10 packs on /p7 with a poisonmancer (yes 'Enigma'; no 'Infinity'). Gets as quick as about 1:15 if there's fewer packs in a particular run.

Thomh's time is pretty nice, but I'll let him share for himself. :D

Wow, Nagi. Some l33t skills there. I average 1:40 in a relatively small pit map with Enigma, Infinity, 10.5K nova damage and -70EPR before LR at /p7.

Of course my MFO setup has more emphasis on MF and I run on p1 this time :evil2:.

Nagi you are crazy. I guess my map is wrong, I'm not such big noob :p
I see I got stucked with some crazy fellows here so I will rather use this MFO to level my Bone necro in Pits :/

Zerth your necro eats some crazy shrooms to :badteeth:

Pindle running is always better with alcohol to back it up, otherwise it's horrendously boring. To combat boredom during the endless zombie slaughter, you can always try out the following, listed in no particular order:

Turn down the sound and make all sound effects yourself. Annoying menu music included.

Play that suitcase game with every rare that drops, i.e., try to remember every rare that dropped, in order. This gets old/difficult by the 10th-15th run.

Run pindle with your eyes closed. (I did this. Well, kind of. Got to him with my eyes closed, but chickened out and then opened them up).

Try and watch Nigella Lawson make a chocolate cheesecake while zombie crushing. This one's difficult. That woman is distracting.:crazyeyes:

If you have alcohol and semi-decent capacity for it, take a shot for every qualifying unique that drops.

Slightly more difficult challenge. If you have alcohol and the capacity of the Irish, take a shot for every unique that drops.

I'd recommend something for the other categories, but I think having a blood alcohol level 5 times the legal limit is probably a bad thing when doing a Baalrun, after all, you may need your wits about you.
Anyway, enough of all that OT nonsense:badteeth:, how are the other Pindle runners doing? Any interesting non qualifiers?

roshen said:
Slightly more difficult challenge. If you have alcohol and the capacity of the Irish, take a shot for every unique that drops.

Epic.

Also, let me add this one into the mix.

If you have Beer (must be Canadian beer, none of that American crap). Take a big swig for each unique. Find a qualifier? Down that beer EH!

NagisaFurukawa said:
Just took around 1:40 to kill 10 packs on /p7 with a poisonmancer (yes 'Enigma'; no 'Infinity'). Gets as quick as about 1:15 if there's fewer packs in a particular run.

Thomh's time is pretty nice, but I'll let him share for himself. :D

Well, I do the runs on /players1, so there isn`t much of a comparison. I`m sure my sorc would have major problems killing archers in a timely fashion on p7.

My run times are actually getting worse as I play more:) I`ve been averaging 1:03 minutes per run (7 boss packs), but I`m thinking 1:10-1:15 is more realistic for the rest of the MFO. I`m feeling obliterated after running like I did yesterday.

The runner is a pure light sorc with an Infinity hurt stick worn by the moron.

Thomh said:
Well, I do the runs on /players1, so there isn`t much of a comparison. I`m sure my sorc would have major problems killing archers in a timely fashion on p7.

My run times are actually getting worse as I play more:) I`ve been averaging 1:03 minutes per run (7 boss packs), but I`m thinking 1:10-1:15 is more realistic for the rest of the MFO. I`m feeling obliterated after running like I did yesterday.

The runner is a pure light sorc with an Infinity hurt stick worn by the moron.

Yep, that's what I get with the necro on /p1 as well. 1:10-1:15 for 8ish boss packs.

must be Canadian beer, none of that American crap

I swear. Beer. Women. Canada just does it better.😁 Cheers, Virtue:guiness:. How go the Baal runnings?

zerth said:
Yep, that's what I get with the necro on /p1 as well. 1:10-1:15 for 8ish boss packs.

Then I need to run more hours than you:whistling:

You guys do realize that Conviction doesn't lower poison resists, so it's essentially worthless on poisonmancer (if you don't use CE that is)?

I average 64 seconds per run, with 6-7 boss packs, 400 runs done on p1/p3.

It greatly reduces Fire Res, though, and any Poisonmancer with those kind of runtimes makes copious use of CE. Plus, there's not many options that are as useful/more useful. Especially if you use an Insight IG, like zerth does iirc.

I actually got some running in yesterday, during the commercial breaks of the Starcraft Proleague Playoffs. Will be doing the same tonight, hopefully with better results both for my character and my favorite team.

Chairnick said:
You guys do realize that Conviction doesn't lower poison resists, so it's essentially worthless on poisonmancer (if you don't use CE that is)?

I average 64 seconds per run, with 6-7 boss packs, 400 runs done on p1/p3.

As maareek said, there are no significantly better options. To be frank, on /p1 I rarely kill anything with CE. In fact, I do not even LR. Just teleport and nova. It's more fun this way. The only thing Infinity is useful for in this case, is to highlight the mobs :crazyeyes:

And insight IG ftw.

Thomh said:
Then I need to run more hours than you:whistling:

Or you could make up the difference by packing more MF than I do :p

'Insight' IG sounds like a pretty good idea, actually. I'm using 'Insight' on the mercenary for maximum damage, plus Fire Golem for some extra tanking. Might be worth the swap. :)

EDIT: Not sure if 'Obedience' would deal more damage though. Any opinion?

IIRC eObedience and Insight IG was my original setup before I made my Infinity. And of course might merc. The extra safety of HF is not necessary.

You're all a bunch of slowballs :p

*edit: Except chairnick

I sent in a first update to Nagisa. Haven't found much yet. Best find was a Death Cleaver that dropped from a random monster.

Jaedhann said:

Why aren`t you playing? We could use a little more competition:)

Jaedhann said:

Oh snap, I definitely fail in at least 1 department: luck :hang:
Not even close to your monstrosities there yet, hope that changes in 8 remaining days

@Jae: Chairnick is running AT (or at least that's what she/he is signed up for) so 64 seconds per run is pretty slowball. 👅

I'm still amazed that you did as many Pit runs as I did AT runs that MFO. :crazyeyes:

roshen said:
To combat boredom during the endless zombie slaughter, you can always try out the following... how are the other Pindle runners doing?

Superb ideas! As for progress, not as well as might be hoped, but still good for me. Only been on task for 6 of the first 48 hours, sitting square on 999 counted runs. Going to have to step up the effort considerably. Back to it...

Continued good luck to everybody running.

EDIT: Received two updates so far. I'll post standings anytime I receive a certain number of new ones (5?). Not sure how many exactly, since I'm still assuming Thy/maareek won't have anything to update about to begin with. 👅

Sent update #1 to maareek. Nothing so far that I would want for my Top 5, and non-qualifiers have ranged from only somewhat interest to completely gutwrenching. For example:

Shimmering Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x174e9b9c
Cold Resist +5%
Lightning Resist +5%
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%
Requirements -15%

That's a pretty awful jewel, Nagisa, but as far as lousy drops go, I'm pretty sure I take the crown here, with this rare ring dropped by Pindleskin. Undoubtedly the perfect storm of pathetic mods:

Code:
Grim Circle
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xd5554e4
+5 to Maximum Stamina
+2 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration

As if Gharbad the Weak himself came back from the dead to forge it.

maareek said:
@Jae: Chairnick is running AT (or at least that's what she/he is signed up for) so 64 seconds per run is pretty slowball. 👅
Depends, most players hit only 2 or 3 packs that are constantly there so they can have times at about 30 seconds, I clear the whole area which can mean double or triple amount of them.Anyways, I could get times down to 50 seconds if I dropped to p1 and play really concentrated, but that'd get old pretty fast, and I'm satisfied with my speed anyhow. ;)

This is so crappy that I'd simply HAVE to wear it. :D

OK I am back from holidays and I am going to start running (after I will find where on computer are my items for MF gear)
I am not alone in category so victory will be quite impossible for me :D
good luck to all runners 👍

Off to a good start this MFO, 12 qualifiers so far and have not been running that hard. Non qualifiers have been poor though a Hoz and these :

Fiend Nails
Greaves
Defense: 12
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x15c33930
+30% Faster Run/Walk
Cold Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +37%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

being the best so far.

Will send my first update tonight before I go to bed. Good luck to all especially my Team mates.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Not sure how many exactly, since I'm still assuming Thy/maareek won't have anything to update about to begin with. 👅

*sniff* I've got a qualifier, thank you very much.

EDIT:
I did this to the score sheet. So I don't ID much now.

Must moan about non qualifiers more often Pindle just gave me a SUR

@Thy: GEIB PLEASE =D!

The pretty score sheet or the qualifier? :D

I've been sleeping A LOT the last 24 hours, but when I haven't been sleeping, I've mostly been Pindleing. Not particularly pleased with how things are going, but then again there's a week left.

Taking a break now, also sent my first update.

Thyiad said:
The pretty score sheet or the qualifier? :D

The pretty score sheet :p. Not to brag, but my luck has been pretty awful and I like to see at least a glimmer of hope.

First decent find finally happened. Also found the below from Pindy

Bane Ash
Short Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 1 to 7
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x52342994
+30 to Mana
+52% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +50%
Adds 4-6 fire damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Warmth (Sorceress Only)
+5 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Ist Rune

Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Helms: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51

My luck with Baal has not been so lucky. :) My first update is sent to NagisaFurukawa.

A Jah dropped by one of the minion waves made it all worthwhile. One Ber away from Enigma!

No truly interesting non-qualifiers to report yet. A Gheed's GC and some socketable items. Tal's Armor dropped by a random beastie in the Throne Room.

EDIT: An interesting item, I believe is a failed Unique...

Code:
Gale Wood
Ghost Wand
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 40
[B]Durability: 36 of 42[/B]
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 48
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x256b50b4
+8 to Energy
Poison Resist +26%
+3 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Poison Explosion (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Summon Resist (Necromancer Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova on striking

Speaking of failures,

Code:
Wailing Dimensional Shard of Chain Lightning
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 53
Durability: [highlight]58 of 100[/highlight]
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 66
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf20432e0
+8 to Mana
+2 to Teleport (Sorceress Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 100%
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Chain Lightning on attack

Also two nice non-qualifiers:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd840a880
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x887ad20a
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

I've sent first update to Nagisa.

Although I started in rather calm pace, Baal was quite generous in number of qualifiers (not in their quality though), 17 qualifiers up to now.

Best non-qualifier is Ohm, found on way to the Throne.

@Pindle runners: I received 3 updates up to now, I will wait a bit for few more (hopefuly) :).

Okay, since everyone's posting their non qualifiers, I suppose I will too. You know, for a zombie, Pindle sure does know how to accessorise. These dropped in the last two hundred runs.

Code:
Saracen's Chance
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x86e1b64f
+12 to Strength
+12 to Energy
+12 to Dexterity
+12 to Vitality
All Resistances +17
10% Chance to cast Level 2 Iron Maiden when struck

Nature's Peace
Ring
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x5a82a0b4
Damage Reduced by 8
Poison Resist +30%
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 5 Oak Sage (25/27 Charges)

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xddfcb57a
+427 to Attack Rating
+300 Defense
All Resistances +26
Level 22 Iron Golem (4/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (19/20 Charges)

Manald Heal
Ring
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xa3994674
+20 to Life
Regenerate Mana 20%
7% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +6

Dwarf Star [highlight](x 3!!!!)[/highlight]
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xf9b55993
+40 to Life
+40 to Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
15% Fire Absorb

Crescent Moon
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0xeb15ec6d
+45 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
6% Life stolen per hit
12% Mana stolen per hit
-2 to Light Radius
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x94fd5095
+111 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
7% Life stolen per hit
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
8% Chance to cast Level 13 Twister on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 10 Poison Nova when struck
Level 21 Poison Creeper (2/15 Charges)

A staggering amount of jewellery. I have no idea how. I suppose now I can't complain about that previous rare ring I found:badteeth:.

I'll send an update of mine when I get home.

26 (iirc) qualifiers found so far, 21 essences. Gul, Ohm, Ber and a cold facet make up the best non-qualifiers.

Thought I'd give my fellow Baal runners (and others) a giggle. Mainly at my less than leet teleporting skills. Not to mention my ability to not notice I'm standing next to an Doll. The second video should have most people :shocked:.

Sent an update off this morning. With about 750 AT runs in I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the items found so far.

some non-qualifiers for fun:

Code:
Sparking Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x4f748bdf 
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only) 

Skull Coil 
Ring 
Required Level: 74 
Fingerprint: 0xd8732345 
+55 to Attack Rating 
6% Mana stolen per hit 
6% Life stolen per hit 
+7 Maximum Stamina 
Poison Resist +8% 

Amber Small Charm of Balance 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 32 
Fingerprint: 0x20391ecc 
+5% Faster Hit Recovery 
Lightning Resist +10% 

Fine Small Charm of Storms 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 37 
Fingerprint: 0xefe4b473 
+3 to Maximum Damage 
+20 to Attack Rating 
Adds 1 - 20 Lightning Damage

GO GO GO Team Kittens...

@Thyiad: No sound in the videos, shame. Speak softly and carry a big stick? Gotta love the Inf thresher on your sorc. And, uh, as an aside, why on earth are picking up gold?

edit: Though with you being a moderator and all, I was expecting a hammer, not a polearm:crazyeyes:

Nice vids Thy 👍. Interesting to see how other people run. With difference in positioning and such.

Btw i saw you using charged bolts before switching to lightning. Is that a notable difference? I normally just wait for the wave and start shooting a little before they actually drop.

And what gear is the merc wearing? He was doing pretty good against Lister (i just park him).

Oh and something i find useful and keeps me from typing the /players command all the time.. In the first game of the session i type /players (so it's set to p1). Then push enter twice. Once for entering the message and the second for opening another message window. Push the down cursor. Now the same message (/players) appears in your window. And enter again. Repeat that about 10 times. I think a few less will do, but i just do it 10 times to be certain. Doing it this many times is to make sure it's saved between games. Then i go to throne. Clear it. Press enter and the down cursor. Add an 8, so now it read /players8, and enter again. Clean up the 5 waves. Enter, down cursor and add 3, enter. Now you've got p3 for Baal. After killing him again enter down cursor and enter. Set back to p1.
In your next game tele to throne and clear it. After that it depends. Most of the time the game has saved the /players command. So then, enter, down cursor add 8 and enter.
But other times it has saved /players3 or 8 as the last command (not sure why, i think it has to do with the time the game saves the messages). Let's say it saved p3. In that case i push enter, down cursor (now it reads /players3) then add a number (i usually pick 8 as a habit, but doesn't matter) then enter again. Since the number is in the double digits it'll set players to 8. Kill the 5 waves. Enter, down button(... And here it is different from the first game. In the first game it'll show /players all the time. But in subsequent games it'll show the last it saved from your first game. So let's assume i typed an 8 behind /players3, then now it shows /players38...), backspace (to remove the last digit, in this case the 8) and enter. Now it's set to p3. Kill Baal. Get the message again and again backspace to remove the 3. And it's set to players1 and ready to go for the next run. And repeat the above for all other runs.

I find this more convenient since i don't have to type the message every time. Saves me a little time (though i can type fast enough) and more importantly it saves me any typos i might make otherwise. Hopefully someone will find this as usefull as i do.

Your current Baal standings are as follows:

1) Nepenthe
2) Zaliqai
3) nubikoen
4) sequana
5) xxnothing
6) Thyiad
7) maareek

It's very close in the early stretches. Best of luck looking forward, everyone. :)

EDIT: If the others send updates relatively soon, I will edit them in also.

EDIT 2: Added in Thyiad's score.

@ roshen - I left the sound out because of the HUGE size of the vids. Even compressed without sound they were about 95-105 Mb. Me and the Vdub/k lite codecs are having a few issues. Each took about 30mins to upload to youtube.

@ Cyrax, I think I started using CB when I saw Denton doing it. If you haven't seen his vids, do so they're awesome. If you can't find them, I'll send you a link.

My theory with CBing first was they're in stun lock and can't hit me. No idea if that actually WORKS but it can't do any harm. If nothing else it's damage. :)

The moron is using Eth Reapers (used to use non eth) with an Amn, Treachery and Andys with +fire res jewel. He is 97 so he should stand up. :D

I know about the /players thing but I always mess that up. It's easier for me to type /players 8 for the waves and /players 3 for Baal. I never bother dropping back to /p1 after Baal for the TP down.

I have seen Denton's vid when he just posted it. Good stuff indeed.

Reason i'm asking about the CB's is that it's too much switching skills for my liking. That's why i'm not using it atm. But if it would make much of a difference i'd try to chance my habit. I doubt you'll stunlock anything with that, but you're right that it'll still damage the monsters so it's not totally in vain. I guess i'll stick with my current ways atm. Going pretty well and it got me to 97 so far, so i must be doing something right :smug:

Hmm, I guess I should send some of my finds off. You just want the read-outs?

I'm a touch typist. Skill-changing never bothered me. I actually had so many hot keys on my first character, I ran out of buttons. I never use the mouse wheel for skill changing. Keys all the way.

Oh and I think it's the little skellies on wave 2 that poison more than the big guys.

EDIT:
Sure I'd posted them before but:
Dread Stalker
Wyrmhide Boots
Fingerprint: 0xd7156815
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +23%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Don't forget lightening has a range. If I was at the lower end of that range on that run it would take a while than if I hit the top of the range. As I said, they are both average runs. Not great. Not TERRIBLE. :)

Nice vids Thy. I just don't understand how it takes you so long to kill wave 4 :p They usually melt under my lightling. Rest is just nice.

And show us your boots, I'm curious what are those :)

This thing gave me some more motivation for running:
Code:
Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xcc3fc389
+20 to Life
+15 to Mana
but it's still far cry from what I was capable last time :(

Virtue: Just your name / category / top five finds thus far. See post #1 of this thread for more details. In any case, you don't *have* to send your results in now. If it's later, I can just throw that into the second standings report a few days from now. :)

EDIT: Nice charm, frozzzen. :D

An awful day, just awful.
I managed to pull a 150 runs long "no uniques whatsoever" streak; when they started dropping, the rare qualifiers among them didn't change the score at the end of the day; I was about to level up at the start of the day, but due to deaths, I was finally able to level up in the last 20 runs; for an unknown reason my runs started to get slower which caused the average time to rise to 65 seconds (and with 720 runs done, that's quite a change).
If I'd known that today would be so crappy I probably wouldn't play at all. The only thing keeping me going were decent non-qualifiers posted below:
Code:
Entrapping Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x436b7428 
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only) 

Fletcher's Grand Charm 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x7b9e7f2f 
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only) 

Trainer's Grand Charm of Strength 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x936a600b 
Unidentified 
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only) 
+3 to Strength 

Lem Rune 
Required Level: 43 
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Lem Rune 
Required Level: 43 
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters 

Mal Rune 
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal 
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Pul Rune 
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons 
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons 
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense 
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Pul Rune 
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons 
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons 
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense 
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xd43b0149 
Unidentified 
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+3% to Fire Skill Damage 

Um Rune 
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds 
Armor: Cold Resist +15% 
          Lightning Resist +15% 
          Fire Resist +15% 
          Poison Resist +15% 
Shields: Cold Resist +22% 
            Lightning Resist +22% 
            Fire Resist +22% 
            Poison Resist +22% 

Highlord's Wrath 
Amulet 
Fingerprint: 0x4b10b633 
+1 to All Skills 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage 
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level) 
Lightning Resist +35% 
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

1000 runs done! :D

I have met my goal, and sent in my scores. This is certainly the most sustained MF effort in which I have ever engaged.

... and yes, I think I will keep going. ;)

Some of the non-qualifying items posted are VERY nice! Definitely worth the effort when you find some of the juicy stuff.

@Thy: Watching your vids makes me want to build a pure lightning sorceress. :) Looks like fun!

First update sent.

GOGOGOSLOWMGO

At the end of day 3, my mfo qualifiers stash (yes, I really named it that xD) has now swollen to a grand total of [highlight]7[/highlight] itamz. Only about 2x qualifiers per day if my math is correct. FAIL. Further adding insult to injury is my nonqualifiers have been equally as sparse. Thems are the breaks, I guess, but I keep plugging away.

And as a special treat for all our friends at team SLOWMG,

screenshot021resize.jpg

Nanner nanner nanner :D

To all those in the Other Level 85 Areas category: I plan to post the first standings in roughly 20 hours from this post. Might be slightly later, depending on RL, but that's the plan. Please have your updates sent in to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com by then.

Hmm, last place thus far in Baal...at least my goal of a top 10 finish is still looking strong. :badteeth:

It seems Blizzard has seen fit to end the SC2 beta earlier than anticipated, namely on Monday the 19th (tomorrow), so I *may* end up getting in more runs than previously expected. Still proleague playoff Starcraft action to watch, though, so don't start shaking in your boots just yet, fellow Baal runners. :rolleyes:

[highlight]Pindleskin category, 1st update:[/highlight]

1. roshen
2. Fabian
3. Mungo
4. nualum
5. jdkerr
6. a sad mfer

Nice results, keep going 👍.

(if I receive some other update soon, I will edit this post)

Steven Q Urkel said:
And as a special treat for all our friends at team SLOWMG,

Nanner nanner nanner :D

I was going to wait until after the MFO, since there's at least some controversy over the crazy influx of rune shots, but for the sake of the team:

PitsMFOSurRune.jpg

PitsMFOBerRune.jpg

PitsMFOChamRune.jpg

PitsMFOChamRune2.jpg

PitsMFOZodRune.jpg

(...with some change, on the side: 2x Vex, 6x Gul, and so on.)

:p

Not 100% sure on run total since the counter overworks my computer for whatever reason, but my paper/pencil method gives 1733, ie. level 85 to 95.5 with 10 deaths from 93 to 95.5. No more running until Friday at the earliest though. :(

I'm in the lead? I'm in the lead????

Er, I mean, of course I am. That's how I planned it. Hmph.

:shocked:

Holy Cow, man. Even if you don't find a single Dangoon's Teaching I'd still consider your MFO a success. Not only are you finding HRs, but you still squeaked out a few Gul and Vex as well. Other than my 1 HR, I've found nothing higher than a bloody Io, and only one of them at that. :whistling:

And I don't have any run counters or the like installed but I've done no where near the amount of runs you have. If I can hit 1700 runs total for the whole MFO I'd surprised.

I'm terribly sorry, especially to my Kittens!!! team-mates, but my game files have somehow been corrupted and I can't get D2 to run properly. By the time I go through the whole backup characters and stashes, uninstall, reinstall, repatch, and reinstall RWM, Trenshadow, runcounter, 3dfx glide wrapper, and make sure everything is working properly and I haven't lost anything, I won't have much time left to run. Part of this is that the first thing I have to do is find my bloody game discs! So I am very regretfully pulling out.

Wow Nagisa! That is quite the rune collection you`ve got there. Your number of runs are very scary as well!

Edit: I`m with nualum: Um is my highest rune so far. So far I`ve not seen much that indicates that Blizzard has increased the rune drops outside of LK:(

Holy cow indeed! I'm running pindle and I'm not much past that count. Highest rune thus far is an Um, not that I'm expecting much in that department.

First update sent. Decent amount of qualifiers so far (for the small number of runs), no comment on the quality ;)

Crap, second place! 40% into it, I had all of my top 5, so I think it's time for some improvement. Starting to get why Pindle can be boring :)

Also, highest rune is a Lem.

For rune tally from another Pindle runner:

1x Ist
1x Mal
1x Lem

No point in posting my rune drops. I'll just shame myself.
Best might have been a Vex. And someone here thinks that's change!
But seriously Nagisa, sure you're not still running 1.13b:badteeth:?

Here's the current AT standings (of those who have sent in)

Darke Rahl
PARADIGMSHIFT
Chairnick

As for runes, I'm at
Gul
Ist
Pul x2
Lem
Fal

But you really shouldn't pay attention to mine, I'm absolutely cursed. In these crazy days of 1.13, I'm coming up on [highlight]3 MONTHS[/highlight] with nothing higher than a Gul.

So it`s not just me.....I got a Sur from AT very early in the Ladder, but other than that all my runes above Gul has been from LK, and it`s not like I haven`t done thousands of area and Pindle runs.

Edit: Since 1.13c was released.

ZOMG @Nagi's rune haul.

Nice going SQU, I hope the Jah fuels your desire for more runs ;)

I stand at 2xSur and change at the moment, closing in to 700 /p1 runs.

Oh, the desire is definitely there, believe you me, its just the actual qualifiers where I'm running low :rant: !!!! I don't think I've seen a single Sacred Armour, Unearthed Wand, or Dimensional Shard drop. FML. Seen a few white/blue Archon Staffs and Zerker axes, but that is about it.

[highlight]edit[/highlight]: I plan on sending in my first update to jjscud either Monday or Tuesday night.

Sent my first update to jjscud.

Curses Nagi, curses. :<

I'll post up my non-qualifiers at the very end, but so far:

Charms - 13
Rare Items - 4
Runes - 3 (nothing higher than Ist, though)

Good job Nagi! Keep showing these guys* how the rune hunting is done. :D

*guys/EUs

I'm sorry to hear about your D2 problems Jason. You will definitely be missed in Team Kittens!!! More important though is that you can get everything working properly again without the loss of items. Good luck with that and hopefully you'll be around again next MFO.

It's also good to see some nice items/runes posted, cause I ain't seeing them :(. I got my summonmancer to lvl 95 though so I'm now switching to my Blova to hopefully get her to lvl 97 with a couple of nice drops along the way.

Keep running boys & girls! 👍

Very nice runes there Nagisorry!!! Very nice...

My rune haul is this so far:

1 x Ohm
2 x Um
1 x Pul
1 x Ko
4 x Lem
5 x Lum

Just got in from work so I am still sitting at 900 runs from my first 3 days. Daughter has softball double-header tonight so it will be late before I can get back to running seriously.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the game Jason, here's to hoping that you can get it fixed with minimal losses of equipment.

Good luck everyone...

1:414053 Tyraels
1:146252 Lash - everything else lower
1:297235
|
V
Code:
Torch of Iro 
Wand 
One Hand Damage: 2 - 4 
Durability: 13 of 15 
Fingerprint: 0x1f601ed6 
Unidentified 
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels 
Adds 5 - 9 Fire Damage 
6% Life stolen per hit 
+10 to Energy 
Regenerate Mana 5% 
+3 to Light Radius

>_<

Jeeze, people, my highest rune thus far is a THUL! I can't complain, though, since any runes I find will just go back to Nagisa and it looks like he's had his share. :crazyeyes:

Also, UPS delivered later than expected today, so I may be posting standings a little later than I indicated, depending on how long it takes to get Win 7 installed and running and to move data over from the current HDD. Will still be shooting for ~2 and a half hours from this post, if at all possible, though.

Been very happy with several finds so far, but these non-qualifiers (both from the past few minutes) might be the best:

Code:
Fine Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xa3108c75
+16 to Life
+18 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 137
Durability: 17 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xf3250411
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+186% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 9
49% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items       
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Have I mentioned that Baal is a stingy old fart???

I upgraded my top 5 by a hair. Nothing of interest to report other than I found yet another Tal's armor. I think I now have more Tal's armors than Tal's masks. :crazyeyes:
I have seen more than a few white/blue/yellow items that made me say "come on!" Sacred Armors, Coronas, Cadaceous, Unearthed Wands, Dimensional Shards, Vortex Shields...
One death so far. TOTAL lapse of paying any attention and tele'd right into a pack of frenzytaur types. Whatever nasty mods they were packing took me out almost instantly. Such are the dangers of running while watching TV.
No idea on run count right now, I just run until my mouse hand hurts. :) Time to pack it up for the night!

Alright, Win 7 is up and running and file transfers are underway. Haven't received any updates in ~10 hours, so your current standings look like this:

[highlight]Other Area Level 85[/highlight]:

1. Thomh
2. Nagisafurukawa
3. scrcrw

The top two are very close, indeed.

Kinda doubt I'll get any running in tonight, but who knows.

I knew he was ahead, but it's interesting we're still close. Ah well, it's hard to say anything without the rest of the runners' updates. Good luck everyone! May you all have a false sense of security by the time I start running again. 😉

[YOUTUBE]E606Au43UyE[/YOUTUBE]

I see your video Thy, and I raise my own!

You can see my lovely lag before going into a game, and I blame watching SouthPark on DVD via HDMI to my TV for the video lagging. I wasn't lagging in game :p

EDIT: I'd also like to point out. I'm not using Static here, don't ask why. I normally do.

Virtue:
That delay at the start is pretty impressive. :crazyeyes: May I ask how much damage you do? I have vague memories of lightning sorceresses killing faster (will check Thy's video in a second), but that might just be the skillers (or Griffon's Eye) at work.

In any case, since we seem to be spamming videos, I took a five minute break and recorded a /p7 run showing my map and standard route. It was the only run for today, so cut me some slack. :p

[YOUTUBE]TROjJp5K0QI[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Not on my life did I expect someone here to be able to ID that track. <3, potter.

@Nagisa: 21k Max. I have 0 skillers and no griffons so... ya my killing speed is a lot slower than most infinity sorces :p

@Nagisa: I'm horribly disappointed in that run. I mean, the kill speed is fine, and the map is pretty linear, but no high runes at all?? Really? Based on the haul a couple of pages ago, I expected to see a couple of Bers and a Cham on that one run. Not even a lousy Sur. You're slipping.

Congrats on that ridiculous haul sir. Well deserved.

CM

As long as everyone is posting YouTube videos, I may as well share the one I recorded.

Ordinarily I would have picked up that grand charm, probably the Sigons too :D but since I was recording this mainly just to see how fast my runs were I decided against it. Still have a [highlight]looooooooooooong[/highlight] ways to go before I can compete with bassano's world record times but since I finished in under 2 minutes for now I'll be happy it wasn't any longer LoL.

The rest of Monday's runs were pretty failworthy. Only found like 3 or 4 qualifiers, but none of them increased my score by even a 0.1 of a point ROFL.

Nice videos guys. It makes me feel bad about my low APM and sluggish MFing. :p

I'm on the same boat as Chairnick. I did a couple more runs tonight. TC3 count: 5.

I'm not going to reveal the items, but for the five items:

1:2768955 (dropped from normal monster)
1:2768955 (dropped from normal monster)
1:1791253 (dropped from normal monster)
1:283685 (dropped from unique monster)
1:147549 (dropped from unique monster)

Comparing to stuff I actually want:

Tyreal's Might:

1:394163 (dropped from unique monster)

Ber Rune:

1:1913481 (dropped from normal monster)
1:847398 (dropped from unique monster)

This game is seriously ******* with me. :D

Videos are looking good guys. Though Nagisa had me with "Aqua Alta Hiyori" :)

@Nagisa: :shocked: So that's why I lost my Jah and Ber. The D2 gods must have made a miscalculation and then had to take from somewhere... ;)

I'm sorry but I have to drop out of the competition. Recent events have not exactly raised my motivation, but more importantly, it turns out I'm not going to be able to run at all for the rest of the week. Instead I'm going on a trip for work :(

The MFO wasn't a total waste for me though, got a grailer for my troubles.

Steven Q Urkel said:
Still have a looooooooooooong ways to go before I can compete with bassano's world record times but since I finished in under 2 minutes for now I'll be happy it wasn't any longer LoL.

ROFL.

My times are not so impressive anymore beacuse after more then one year break from AT and even another MF running I am much slower. First 100 runs I did up today were with average time 50 seconds which is 7 seconds slower then in last MFO I played. :)

Rerolled my map by accident but it ended up great - I found great map with entrance to pit close to wp and great bosspack density. And runs are ~15-20 sec faster.

No new qualifiers but I found this

Code:
[highlight]Archon Plate
Defense: 524[/highlight]
Durability: 32 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xda2bf862

Irony is that I made Fortitude yesterday :p so this will be kept forever in darkness of my stashes.
Nice videos guys. If my PC wouldn't be from 1999. I would try to record a video of my leet skills :badteeth:

Nice vids all! If anybody wants to see my pindle runs, you should seek professional help. Fabian's maybe...

In other news:

nualum said:
Been very happy with several finds so far...
ARG! Never say that! I've clearly offended the RNG horribly. I did a lot of runs last night by almost anybody's standards, and all I have to show for it is two useful non-qualifiers and two grailers I could have gotten from Mephisto :banghead:.

I'll need to do some karmic cleansing before I resume...

Zod!!!!!!!

Screen shot or it didn't happen!

oops, I got distracted, this is actually the first team update. As usual, order is mostly governed by the # of members with updates sent in.

slowmg
burnouts
kittens
slackers

Pindle Zod

Way to go slowmg! Go team go, and the runes aren't bad either.

PindleZod.jpg

Congrats Mungo!

Since there's been a question or two on it, I will update Baal again Wednesday (tomorrow) afternoon as well as Friday afternoon, GMT-8. Please send your scores in before those times if you would like a relatively accurate idea of your standings. :)

Congratulations Mungo!

NagisaFurukawa said:
I will update Baal again Wednesday (tomorrow) afternoon as well as Friday afternoon, GMT-8. Please send your scores in before those times if you would like a relatively accurate idea of your standings. :)

Sounds like a plan, expect the same here. (AT I think, but don't quote me on it).

I'll send in an update to Nagisa tonight or early tomorrow.
Most interesting thing today so far was a triple-durability Colossus Sword.

Rune Scythe
Colossus Sword
One-Hand Damage: 26 to 70
Two-Hand Damage: 61 to 121
Durability: 123 of 150
Required Dexterity: 95
Required Strength: 182
Required Level: 60
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb9bd2344
+86 to Attack Rating
8% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit

EDIT: Calling it quits for tonight. Carpal Tunnel is intruding on my fun. :) Baal gave me a double-durability Scourge just now. Darnitall...

Unearthly Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 112 of 130
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x35643fa6
60% Damage to Demons
150% Damage to Undead
+140 to Attack Rating against Demons

Otherwise best non-qualifier drop of the night was a Sorc Cold Skills GC. I did upgrade my overall top 5 score by a couple of points. Actually my latest addition to my top 5 is not only my highest scoring item, but also a grailer! :D
Now where is that Tyreal's I am seeking???

Update sent to Nagisa!

Whew! It's been a busy day or two.

-- If I am not mistaken, I am now the pinch-hitter for an adorable group of Kittens.
-- With a sense of team pride, I pushed through the 2,000 run mark.
-- The second thousand runs were much more fruitful than the first thousand. :)

I will make a list of interesting charms and rares eventually, but I will say that I found a Large Charm with the single affix: "1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items." :D

...and no notable runes.

Go team! ;)

I plan to post the second set of standings for the Other Area Level 85 runners in roughly 15 hours. Please have your updates in by then, if you want to have an idea where you stand.

Just a note, I intend to post standings on Friday morning, my time, to be a little fairer to the Europeans for the final weekend. I'll do up the math for exactly when I plan to do that update later.

Gonna send in an update to Nagisa and head to bed.

Update sent
I hope it was a right mail from mareek. :)

@zerth: and who is for AT? It is confusing here :p
I will resend mail to right one supervisor

Erm, aren't you running AT bassano? Maareek is for other lvl 85 areas.

jdkerr said:
I will make a list of interesting charms and rares eventually, but I will say that I found a Large Charm with the single affix: "1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items." :D

I found the exact same thing. It was either immediately sold to Fara or thrown to the ground in disgust 😁. I think now I am exclusively sticking to small and grand charms only, because the odds that I might use a large charm are small.

And in other MFO news, I have sent my first progress report (i hope) to jjscud. My score hasn't changed at all since either Sunday or Monday. On Tuesday I had some RL distractions so did very few runs, but Wednesday I plan to hit up the Tunnels once again.

My "1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items." large charm this morning had +10 life with it, so it was SO much more useful.

How many hours of running without a score improvement would convince you to give up? I apparently haven't found my limit yet, but I'm getting close. It's a large number that I'm extremely unhappy about.

nualum said:
My "1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items." large charm this morning had +10 life with it, so it was SO much more useful.

How many hours of running without a score improvement would convince you to give up? I apparently haven't found my limit yet, but I'm getting close. It's a large number that I'm extremely unhappy about.

I`ll be happy to get rid of some of my top5 scorers for that Fine SC of Vita of yours. Deal?:smug: Sorry about the luck, though, I`ve been there myself:(

@Bassano: jjscud is the man to send to for AT:)

I`ll keep running for a couple more hours before I send my update to Mareek.

jdkerr said:
-- If I am not mistaken, I am now the pinch-hitter for an adorable group of Kittens.

That's right, we won't be pulling a contador here, we'll let the kittens have a chance after Jason's mechanical mishaps.

Here are the current standings for Baal. A little separation as we move on upwards, but everyone's still more than in it.

1) Zaliqai
2) Virtue
3) Nepenthe
4) nubikoen
5) sequana
6) xxnothing
7) Thyiad
8) maareek

Next update coming approximately 48 hours from this post. Good luck down the stretch, everyone.

EDIT: 2850 runs? :( I quit. Can't compete with this guy.
jjscud said:
That's right, we won't be pulling a contador here, we'll let the kittens have a chance after Jason's mechanical mishaps.
👍

I had a very good day in the Pit yesterday, 5 grailers in total (+Ohm and SoJ). Didn't help the score much, though. Only one grailer today, but a nice score improvement. I might have a shot at the second-to-last place now :scratchchin:

Bam! =D Happy Virtue is Happy, now the question. Do I do more runs, or do I go back to playing League of Legends!?

Update sent to Mareek: 2850 runs so far with 220 qualifiers.

Wow. I'm making petition for banning Thomh from future MFOs. Anyone want to sign in? :D

I might add that you have nice run/qualifier rate.

EDIT: ~800 runs 31 qualifier so far

I like to keep the randomness of MF'ing rather than tying it directly to effort but I may have to make an exception this time.

On the other hand, I lost last time with 140 qualifiers to someone with less than 50, and that was more than a 20 point difference. Clearly that means I'm going to win this time.

Anyways, AT update:

omg
Darke Rahl
PARADIGMSHIFT - Rummski
Chairnick
bassano - Urkel, Steven Q

The ties may not be down to the fraction of a point, but close enough for now.

frozzzen said:
Wow. I'm making petition for banning Thomh from future MFOs. Anyone want to sign in? :D

I might add that you have nice run/qualifier rate.

EDIT: ~800 runs 31 qualifier so far

My qualifiers might be off by quite a bit, though. I`m not picking up most of them anymore, but instead I`m marking an x on a piece of paper while I`m starting a new run. You know, to save time:) That is certainly not a bullet proof way of doing it when you`re tired, I`ve been guessing left and right:coffee:

I`ve also been running for nearly 24 hours straight (no sleep for more than 39 hours) after finding out that Nagisa was really close when it comes to number of runs and score. My better half is away for a couple of weeks and I`m having a vacation, I can`t think of anything better to do:whistling:

You should be happy if I win, though, I can`t see myself taking anything from the guy that is the rightful owner of the Griffon`s I`m using:)

Other than that I`ve been running the last 1K runs at /p7 to try to score some runes. Hoto has been switched out in favour of an Isted Oculus and my MF charms have been replaced by skillers along with a BKWB instead of a Nagelring. The kill speed is pretty much the same, but I have to skip some of the more nasty archer packs and I have to park the unbreakable immunes.

Now I`m just waiting for Mareek to post the results for our category so I can get some sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzz

Ok. I'll try your approach. I reset one of my PvP sorceress for Pit runs, but I'm packing only 228 MF. How to pack any more MF... I really don't know. Runs are twice as faster and my necro had only 27% more chance to find unique item. Both on p7.

I'll see how this will work but for now I like it.

EDIT: How much MF you have on your sorceress?

Meh missed an update for 1 hour.

Anyways, Yesterday was pretty dry with qualifiers and I started losing motivation so I managed to do only 180 runs instead of regular 240. Luckily I somewhat felt that the day before and I made 60 more, so I'm square.

Today I didn't believe I'd do even a 100 runs though. I needed something to distract me while running badly and while I got sick of the music I have on my PC, I stumbled across some audiobooks I never finished, so I figured I'd take a shot. 3 hours later, The Invisible Man finished, 240 runs done, some nice qualifiers dropped, everyone happy. :D

I guess this'll keep me going, since I can switch to autopilot and listen to the book, so has anyone any audiobooks to recommend? :)

I have 230 now, had to sacrifice about 100 to be able to run at /p7. If you have enough res/mf charms to cover up that loss I`m sure you can use Hoto instead and get another skill point from the second ring slot. I`m using Frostburn and Silkweave too for the extra mana:( I honestly don`t think it`s a good idea to run on /p7 with a light sorc, but Nagisa`s rune haul got me worked up:)

Edit: Sorry Frozzen, but I`m lying:) I completely forgot the 65%MF bonus from 3-part Tal`s which GoMule doesn`t display, so the MF now should be close to 300 while it was 400-ish before I made the switch to a more kill speed focused build.

Edit2: My 300 MF setup is: Oculus "Ist", Griffon`s, 3-part Tal`s, Spirit, FCR ring, BKWB, Silkweave and Frostburn, Gheeds and some MF SC with various prefixes to fix some resists issues. Some small charms with + mana to top it off and 5 skillers.

@Maareek: I typed one to few a`s in you e-mail. I wonder who Mareek is, and I`m sure he`s wondering why I`m spamming him with my nonsense as it seems to be a valid e-mail:)

Meh. Two updates down and I've been late to my self-specified date each time. Very sorry to you all, especially any Europeans who might have forsaken sleep to see where they stand! Hopefully you spent the extra time running... :evil:

Your current standings are as follows.

[highlight]Other Area 85 Levels[/highlight]:

1. Thomh
2. Nagisafurukawa
3. scrcrw
4. zerth
5. frozzzen
6. jjscud

Two and three are excruciatingly close, with some space separating them from the others, but nobody is out of the running yet.

Edit: Also, I plan to post one more set of standings in roughly 37 hours. If you want to know where you sit relative to your competition going into the home stretch, please have your update(s) sent in by then.

Edit2: Received frozzzen's update.

Looks like those celebratory mascot-Osaka-got-banned! runs paid off. A shame, really. I was kind of looking forward to taking the rest of the time off, after hearing that Thomh (or someone else) had steamrolled the rest of us. :badteeth:

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon. :eek: What excellent news. Off to study then.

Score update sent. Looking forward to the Pindle positions; I think I might have moved up a slot. *crosses fingers*

You almost certainly will. According to runcounter and my log, I just ended a string of 1815 runs without a score improvement... and not at all because my score was so awesome. Beggers, choosers and all that aside, it was just about the last item I would have chosen to end it.

Hahahhahahahahaha. Oh man. So, uh, if any of you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista/7 and intend to run D2 ... make sure you set both ATMA and D2 to run as administrator. I just lost half a level of experience, a Baal Grand Charm and my second highest qualifier because I, uh, didn't. ROFL. Awesome.

Edit: Okay, so I misunderstood exactly what was screwed up. I lost my highest scoring qualifier; the second highest is intact. This is no longer even remotely funny. :(

I received only few new updates and this is how it looks like now:

[highlight]Pindleskin:[/highlight]

1. roshen
2. jdkerr
3. Fabian
4. Mungo
5. nualum
6. a sad mfer

A lot of space for improvement still 😉, go go guys 👍.
(Lets say it is like steps, there are clear intervals, but nothing is clear yet.)

I'm banning the next person who finds a Zod.

maareek said:
Edit: Okay, so I misunderstood exactly what was screwed up. I lost my highest scoring qualifier; the second highest is intact. This is no longer even remotely funny. :(

I knew I should've just signed up for both Baal and 85s. :badteeth: Seriously though, if nothing else, you probably win the award for the most unique character in the running. :)

EDIT: Now that I've learned what you lost, a big [bleepity bleep bleep bleep] from me. :p I did find one in CS before the MFO though, so it's technically not a grailer for you anymore. 😉

Thyiad said:

Note to self. Drop Zod in MP, and let chaos ensue. *hides*

Admitedly I haven't played that much the last couple days, but I'm coming up on 2000 Pindle runs without an improvement to the score now, and it's not like my score is so insane and impossible to improve to begin with. At least I just had this drop to cheer me up:

Code:
Crimson Archon Staff of the Lamprey
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: [highlight]34 of 52[/highlight]
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 66
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7cbcae4e
Fire Resist +9%
8% Life stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead

Edit:

Code:
Snake's Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Durability: [highlight]24 of 36[/highlight]
Required Level: 64
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6a2fd628
+8 to Mana
+3 to Lower Resist (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Revive (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Life Tap (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead

FML.

After an abysmal start to the MFO, Team Slackers (gogogogoggo) is now starting to show some signs of life in the Ancient Tunnels. Based strictly on Wednesday's runs alone, 4 of my top 5 qualifiers have just been replaced with newer, better, higher scoring items. I doubt that my score improvement will be enough to overtake the slowmygots and Kittens! of the world, but I think I have a legitimate shot at climbing out of last place with Friday's update. I want one more day to run and I will send in another update to jj on Friday AM.

And I'm pleased to see that, for the time being, zerth and Fabian are both Top 5 in their respective categories. Way to represent, fellas. 👍

I guess I should post an update here or people will question who's that guy who won the AT section, with the only post written in the SPF made to subscribe to the tourney. :evil: (currently second but temp scores are temp !)

I did around 2k runs and the drops haven't been too bad so far, among both the qualifiers and non. I was a bit surprised that my blizzy could run the tunnels efficiently at p5-7.
Unfortunately though, I had to cut drastically the number of daily runs since tuesday; I've been playing with one hand since 3 weeks ago when I broke my left forearm and the right hand is starting to ache from the strain.

My best rune. (dropped from the sparkly chest, mind it's 1.10) :

So much potential !

The sorceress.

Nasty zombie.

Team update:

Burnouts
Kittens
Slowmg
slackers

Very tight for the top three spots. The slackers are, well, slacking.

Not much to report here. It's been busy since the weekend for me so it's been difficult for me to get a ton of runs in. I anticipate that to change this weekend though. Sitting at just under 1400 runs so far and no major change to my last update so I have yet to send one in.

Rune totals so far:

1 x Ohm
1 x Mal
2 x Um
2 x Pul
3 x Lem
1 x Fal
2 x Ko
8 x Lum

Couple interesting rares/other stuff:

Code:
Fiend Chain
Heavy Belt
Defense: 43
Durability: 15 of 18
Required Level: 34
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0xc620477f
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+37 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+14 to Strength
+38 to Life
Cold Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +26%

Stone Harness
Battle Belt
Defense: 78
Durability: 17 of 18
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0xf62e5bd1
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck
+37 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+56 to Life
Lightning Resist +20%
Fire Resist +30%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

Raven Buckle
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 57
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x35579ef7
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+34 to Life
Cold Resist +30%
Fire Resist +12%
51% Extra Gold from Monsters

Scintillating Jewel
Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xa93769e8
Cold Resist +14%
Lightning Resist +14%
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +14%

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x741d046c
+17 to Life
+15 to Mana

maareek said:
Hahahhahahahahaha. Oh man. So, uh, if any of you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista/7 and intend to run D2 ... make sure you set both ATMA and D2 to run as administrator. I just lost half a level of experience, a Baal Grand Charm and my second highest qualifier because I, uh, didn't. ROFL. Awesome.

I am fairly sure that it isn't lost. There is a secret folder that windows Vista(and I assume 7) saves things to when a program with insufficient privileges tries to save to the program files directory. It is: User/AppData (Hidden folder)/Local/VirtualStore/ and then look for programs or program files. The best way to get there is to type "%APPDATA%" without quotes into the navigator bar of windows explorer window and navigate from there. If one of ATMA/D2 is saving to the virtual store and another to the actual program files then things can appear to be missing or other weird effects. You can also get weird effects when you change a program from running with insufficient privileges to proper privileges. The 1.10 betas saved to the virtual store no matter what I did.

I hope you can recover your qualifier and it isn't lost in some other way.

Baal is an amazing beast... *sigh*

Code:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 12 of 15
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6c6cfc45
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

My money says someone will get a biggens bonnet from baal before this MFO is over.

Or maybe a....

Code:
Gull
Dagger
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 19
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Level: 4
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x39b4b932
-5 to Mana
+1 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Well, I'm calling it quits for tonight. Best drops were a HC Shako and a facet.

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8c6fb695
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Pyrohemia said:
I am fairly sure that it isn't lost. There is a secret folder that windows Vista(and I assume 7) saves things to when a program with insufficient privileges tries to save to the program files directory. It is: User/AppData (Hidden folder)/Local/VirtualStore/ and then look for programs or program files. The best way to get there is to type "%APPDATA%" without quotes into the navigator bar of windows explorer window and navigate from there. If one of ATMA/D2 is saving to the virtual store and another to the actual program files then things can appear to be missing or other weird effects. You can also get weird effects when you change a program from running with insufficient privileges to proper privileges. The 1.10 betas saved to the virtual store no matter what I did.

I hope you can recover your qualifier and it isn't lost in some other way.

You, my good sir, are a badass and a baller. If ever I can pay you back, don't hesitate to ask. I'm just glad I had the luck-of-the-clueless lead me to try muling it onto a character to keep it, because apparently ATMA hadn't backed up the stash at all.

I, and doubtless the rest of Team SlowMG, thank you! :)

As long as I'm here, I'll post a reminder that I intend to post the last standings heading into the last weekend in roughly 12 hours from this post. Those in the Other Area Level 85 category please have your updates sent in to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com by then, so I can chuckle knowingly at your trash talk in the next few days. 👅

Alright, just got in from work and I'm finishing up my supper. Then it's time to start running. I wonder if I can make it to level 90 tonight...

Just about to level 92 and about 100 runs from a nice round number, so my MFO is approaching its end. I'm out of town the next five days, so I'll forward my final update to sequana in the next couple hours. I'll include the readouts in case somebody wants to claim something and I can't sneak in on Monday to post in the result thread. I'll try to keep tabs on the thread in the meantime and prep a nice facts and figures writeup for the results.

Have a great weekend of running all! Particularly the pindle runners... if I'm going to finish at the back I have to hope nobody needs or wants any of my fancy loot!

I've had a great time (albeit occasionally frustrating), and I wouldn't have kept nearly the pace without some serious competition and motivation. Even if I finish way out of the running, I've put in a solid enough effort that I won't hesitate to join up next time around. Zayani was built to be a tunnel runner... pindle was just a nice side project since she wasn't quite ready yet.

See you all in the results thread :)

Thanks for the good times, nualum. I have my eyes on the tunnels, too, so we might run head-to-head again in the future. Enjoy the weekend, and may your runs carry you to a strong finish!

Steven Q Urkel said:
Based strictly on Wednesday's runs alone, 4 of my top 5 qualifiers have just been replaced with newer, better, higher scoring items.

5 of 5 on Thursday here.

Still I don't think the top contenders have to worry, yet.

Lol I just did something that I've never done before, and even caught it on tape!

You see, I was recording a video of me running Pindle, because I figured, why not? Problem was, on run #2 of the vid, I was rushing a bit too much, so I didn't notice the horked TC87 grailer on the ground until a split second too late.

I can't recall S&E'ing away something significant (a charm or jewel here or there maybe), and it was pretty hilarious that it should happen during a recording. Thankfully it wouldn't have made my top 5, and it's not a very useful item, so no harm done I guess.

At least I now have a nice little .avi on my computer of me leaving a golden [blank] on the ground.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was this item?

The reason I'm not saying is that qualifiers are meant to be secret during the MFO, and if I said what it was people could perhaps draw some conclusions about my score :)

No big deal I guess, but I like the secrecy. I'll tell you what it is once the MFO is over.

Whew. A lot of running was done today (well, by my standards...).

-- I continue to fiddle around with my gear; I have not settled on the best speed/MF ratio for my tastes. I suppose it is fun to play with gear, though.
-- I hit lvl90 today, but then had two deaths (I had not had any in over 1,000 runs, so it was a bit of a shock).
-- I have found two "Ist" runes in the past two days. :D
-- Every now and then I pick up rare assassin weapons (depending upon base type). Among those that have staff mods, I think that 95% have had "+2 to Blades of Ice". Ugh.

Well, there are no TC87s being left on the ground in this one I'm afraid, but here's me doing 8 pindle runs:

Good to see that the burnouts haven't taken too much damage from my severely poor drops. I don't know how many runs I've done so far, but I started at 3.095b XP. Now I'm at 3.165b having done /p1 throne, /p3 waves + Baal all the way.

I've had 2 ber runes drop during the MFO so I made an infinity, and changed my setup, so I'll probably be doing the usual /p1, 8, 3 from now on.

Also I had to take a few days off from the MFO because the youngest of my kids suffered 2 (yes, two!!) concussions in one day. We spent a day and a half in the hospital on that account. I plan on starting running again tonight.

Go go burnouts. Keep on burning!

jjscud said:
5 of 5 on Thursday here.

Still I don't think the top contenders have to worry, yet.

Blargh. Don't even talk about Thursday. x_x Although I did manage to net a Sur rune and a Sparkling of susty I think I actually lost points my qualifiers were so bad. Its now Day 8 of the MFO, and I only have 31 qualifiers total. FML.

2nd progress report sent to jjscud, but for all intensive purposes it may as well have been a final update. I'm not ready to give up running -- oh no, not by a long shot. But I have officially given up hope of finding any qualifiers that will actually improve my score. It doesn't even have to be a tc87!!! Just gieb me a simple Conquerer Crown or Succubus Skull and I'll call it gg. Still 3 more days of nothing but Colossus Crossbows and Military Picks. Please, someone, anyone, put me out of my misery. :doh: :steam: :banghead:

Urkel, I feel incredibly incredibly sorry for you with only a Sur and a Sparking of Sustenance to show for yesterday.

Edit: 25% in to this MFO (for me, so far, in playing time), I had 98.5% of the score that I have now. Needless to say, the last couple days have kind of sucked :)

Fabian said:
25% in to this MFO (for me, so far, in playing time), I had 98.5% of the score that I have now. Needless to say, the last couple days have kind of sucked :)

Same here. I think I scored about 90% of my points the first couple of days and last improvement was more than 300 runs ago yesterday morning. And it's not that I have a stellar score either. There are at least 15 items that can drop that will improve my score. On other news, runes keep dropping like flies. I found 2 Ists and a Mal in ~5 consecutive runs earlier...

Public Service Announcement:

Playing when drunk might cause you to die twice completely unnecessarily, losing many hours of progress on that little experience bar down there. However, it will not make Pindle drop any better.

Edit:

Code:
Azure Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Durability: [highlight]20 of 36[/highlight]
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x948394f2
Cold Resist +9%
+1 to Golem Mastery (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Bone Wall (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead

F

M

L

Edit 2:

10 minutes later, failed unique class specific TC87, anyone?

Code:
Cruel Veil
Guardian Crown
Defense: 202
Durability: [highlight]138 of 165[/highlight]
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 196
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe21999fb
+10 to Energy
+20% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +10%
+2 to Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Iron Skin (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Spear Mastery (Barbarian Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck
+0 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Happiness is a perfect Skin of The Vipermagi. Qualifying drops today, however, were LAME.

Code:
Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xda16da30
+120% Enhanced Defense
[highlight]Magic Damage Reduced by 13
All Resistances +35[/highlight]
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Pretty much the only good drop that happened today.

So, again, I'm late to my appointed time. Sorry ... again. I've only received one update since the last standings, so not much in the way of changes.

[highlight]Other Area Level 85[/highlight]:
1. Thomh
2. scrcrw
3. NagisaFurukawa
4. zerth
5. frozzzen
6. jjscud

When I tell you that 2 and 3 are close, I mean close.

I'll edit in further updates for the next 8 hours or so, I guess, if anybody sends in a new one.

Baal update coming later today (3 to 5 hours from now?), so please send in your updates if you have any. :)

Dropping to third gave some motivation, but that was pretty quickly gone after another one of these. Ugh.

Scintillating Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1c9f76af
Cold Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +11%
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%
Requirements -15%

Fabian said:
Public Service Announcement:

Playing when drunk might cause you to die twice completely unnecessarily, losing many hours of progress on that little experience bar down there. However, it will not make Pindle drop any better.

I was teleporting through the southwest corner of the map, when I landed right in the middle of a pack of Plague Bearers.

Who just happened to be Might enchanted. :whistling:

And I was cursed. :doh:

Before I could even teleprot away or drink a juvie, I got hit by 3 different zombies simultaneously. R.I.P. Urkel. :tombstone:

ROFL. Team Slackers, setting the standard one run at a time. I wonder how many Wirts Legs Thy has found since her last PM. :D

I've just finished my lunch, so its time to start Friday's Tunneling. May the Force be strong with this one.

Steven Q Urkel said:
ROFL. Team Slackers, setting the standard one run at a time.

I laughed till tears came out of my eyes.:rolf:

Sweet, first place in the "not Thomh" category. :)

My merc deserves the credit for that last tiny score improvement. He wandered off and engaged some boss pack while I was getting a fresh beer from the fridge. Playing when drunk is not so bad after all.
In other news: I'm totally the best and most careful HC player ever. :crazyeyes:

Nearly all of my runs are /p1 Pits with my Singer, btw. Very relaxing to play and hork to make up for the relatively low killspeed.

No more runs until Sunday, and then likely only a few to get to level 93. Hopefully all my competitors for second place get distracted by shiny jewels...

scrcrw said:
Playing when drunk is not so bad after all.

Lies, good Sir!!!! (still drunk)

Sent the 8th day update to sequana after finding one or two decent qualifiers. Hopefully the rest of the Pindle pack aren't breathing too close down my neck now.

And my top 5 finds are:

[highlight]You didn't actually think I'd tell you this early, did you?[/highlight] :jig:

Thyiad said:

IMO, you should have just banned Nagi and Mungo (and thrown in maareek too) for the kicks and giggles, solitude is loneliness, and it would have been pretty cool if an entire team was banned. :yes:

Although I guess it would be wrong to ban the judges unecessarily. :(

[edit] Hap-pyness hap-pyness hap-pyness hap-pyness.

After a break I made yesterday today was pretty successful, replaced 2 of my top 5 finds and snatched a few nice qualifiers which included 2 Maras (I had none before MFO), PNB skiller, Um rune and a higher Gheed's. I'll go through the charms and jewels after the end, there must be something useful in there.

Your final updated Baal standings are here. Only a few people sent in their updates, so take things with a grain of salt.

1) Zaliqai
2) maareek
3) Virtue
4) Nepenthe
5) nubikoen
6) sequana
7) xxnothing
8) Thyiad

Final AT update

Steven Q Urkel
omg
Chairnick
Darke Rahl
PARADIGMSHIFT - Rummski
bassano

I'll get out a team update as soon as I see a pindle update.

I have to leave work now and all my notes are here so I'll put the team update out now.

slowmg
kittens - burnouts
slackers

Its all very close now with kittens and burnouts dead even.

Urkel,

gogogogogogogogogogogoogoogogogogogogogggogogogogogogoogogo!

Damn it, I have to run again.

Sorry I didn't get an update in. I've been doing long hours at work and my mind is shot. :)
I'm hoping for some LUCK here in the final stretch to the finish line!

Well, I hadn't sent in an update because I hadn't found anything to replace my top5 since the last time I sent it in. Tonight, though, is a completely different story. Got 2 new top5's and then popped a Jah. I'll need to figure out the paint stuff so I can start cropping images prior to embedding them here so you'll just have to take my word for now since I'm not stopping running to upload the image to imageshack.

Go Team Kittens!!!

I'm sorry for a small delay.

[highlight]Pindleskin:[/highlight]

1. roshen
2. jdkerr
3. Fabian
4. Mungo
5. nualum
6. a sad mfer

How to comment this? There are kept intervals between each position, but it can be caused by only few new updates. Keep going, last weekend to change the history 👍.

I didn't send my update for Baal as there was just very little change in my score. I'm going to change it now!

I didn't send an update since there's been very little improvement. I'll put in extra hours over the weekend but I'm not promising any improvements since my luck this time around has been absolutely terrible (qualifier-wize. I've had great non-qualifier luck, particularly the runes).

I was looking around in ATMA's drop calculator for Pindle, and I noticed the scoring is not consistent with the drop chances. Why is this scoring preferrable to having one based on rarity, which I thought was the point?

It is. But remember the category is not 'Pindle', it's 'Pindle+'. The other targets may have different odds. I don't know what effect that has on the scores, or how jjscud is weighting the difference in the calculations though.

Steven Q Urkel said:
I wonder how many Wirts Legs Thy has found since her last PM. :D

A couple.

Anyway, I was quite pleased Atil escaped a couple of near misses. I managed to TP into the middle of a pack of Fanatic Frezytaurs in the Throne. JUVIE!!!!!!!!!! CL!!!!!!!!! L!!!!!!!!!!!! TELEPORT!!!!!!!!! Swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CL!!!!!!! L!!!!!!!!! SWEAR!!!!!!!! SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!! SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Then earlier today I teleported into the middle of Wave 3. Cue frantic CLing. Just before that I'd TPd into wave 4.

Frankly I should stop playing sorceresses.

I haven't sent an update because well, I'm usually last anyway, didn't run much past two days (no time) and well ... I'm lazy.

not much going on here at pindle sadly , a sad sad best 5 items .. but at least i did manage a to get a jah to drop , if i could i would probly replace all my best 5 items and use the jah alone and still have a better score:whistling:
going to run him the rest of the day , if nothing else pans out ill probly just mp with my lil boy ,since he is wanting to learn to play some..

Thyiad said:
and well ... I'm lazy.

@Thyiad: Twelve thousand posts and ferocious moderation leads me to conclude otherwise, Thy. :badteeth:

Fabian said:
I was looking around in ATMA's drop calculator for Pindle, and I noticed the scoring is not consistent with the drop chances. Why is this scoring preferrable to having one based on rarity, which I thought was the point?

I would be curious to know what you think you've found. There are a few items that have had their score changed deliberately for very good reasons. Honestly I'll be very surprised if you've found anything that is not how it supposed to be.

Well, I think it is a little dumb that anyone who finds a Tyreal's Might off Baal gets over 800 points, but someone who finds it anywhere else gets like 80. I understand why it is that way, but it is still annoying :p.

Because, if someone running Baal finds one (off Baal), then there is absolutely no possible way anyone running Pindle+ or an 85 area can win the MFO.

With the scores on Baals top 23 items, it basically makes this a "Baal Run Olympics" if anyone manages to get more than 1 top 23 item(Or even 1 top 10 item.) off Baal.

*************DISREGARD EVERYTHING ABOVE. I'M AN IDIOT.****************

Last I checked each category had it's own winner. So a Baal runner doesn't compete with a Pindle runner. Or has that changed?

EDIT @ sequana - pwnd only in typing not MFing :D

Vodnik said:
Well, I think it is a little dumb that anyone who finds a Tyreal's Might off Baal gets over 800 points, but someone who finds it anywhere else gets like 80. I understand why it is that way, but it is still annoying :p.

Because, if someone running Baal finds one (off Baal), then there is absolutely no possible way anyone running Pindle+ or an 85 area can win the MFO.

With the scores on Baals top 23 items, it basically makes this a "Baal Run Olympics" if anyone manages to get more than 1 top 23 item(Or even 1 top 10 item.) off Baal.

There is 1 winner in each category, not just 1 in whole MFO. Then it makes sense :).

edit: pwned : D

edit 2: Heh, with my current luck I'm afraid of the worst. But I have good excuse, my ladder sorc is in fact untwinked and just today I gained first cold skiller for her. But most important, she is still alive : ).

sequana said:
There is 1 winner in each category, not just 1 in whole MFO. Then it makes sense :).

facepalm.jpg

I cannot believe I missed that.

Don't worry, I'm quite sure no one in the SPF would link to that post ever again. Or sig it. Really. We wouldn't. No. Probably. Unless drunk.

LOL.

In other news, I seriously hate this game. I played SP for, dunno, about a year, did thousands of Meph and thousands of other runs in search for this item. I had Death's web drop. I've had Azure drop. But I had none of this item, until in last 24 hours I had not one, not two but THREE F****G SHAKOS DROPPED. ARGH.
Seriously, if I'll have 3 Occulus drop in the next 24 hours, I'll throw my computer out of the window.

Anyhow, 'till when are we supposed to be running, 23:59 of 25th or 23:59 of 26th? So that I know if I have to get Tyraels tomorrow or I can postpone it 'till Monday. :p

EDIT: Btw, just curious, where did sirpoopsalot disappear?

Alright, well everybody else was doing videos of their running and I couldn't ignore the throwing down of that gauntlet. So Thursday night, after I got in from work, I did a little video of a few comparative runs with my Baal runner, complete with my commentary while I was going. Altogether it comes to about 21 minutes, since I did 2 runs with each setup. I normally wouldn't want to post a video of such low production quality (playing and talking is hard) but hopefully it's still an interesting watch.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'll try to do a better commentary on running with him (maybe with a run or two at higher p settings) later. For now, it's back to running.

Absorb is capped at a certain percentage (40?), so I don't see it actually healing you. It sure is a lot handier than just the standard 50 resist though. :)

Frozen things shatter more often than things just hit with cold (100 versus 20 percent?), so that's probably the difference in corpses. As for your cold damage, you ARE using a Raven Frost, right?

Last, 'Grief' is actually better for hitting things probably, since it has ITD and an Eth rune.

That nickname better not stick, by the way.

(Nice videos.)

NagisaFulahaxa said:
(Nice videos.)

I cannot but agree.

maareek said:
Alright, well everybody else was doing videos of their running and I couldn't ignore the throwing down of that gauntlet. So Thursday night, after I got in from work, I did a little video of a few comparative runs with my Baal runner, complete with my commentary while I was going. Altogether it comes to about 21 minutes, since I did 2 runs with each setup. I normally wouldn't want to post a video of such low production quality (playing and talking is hard) but hopefully it's still an interesting watch.

I'll try to do a better commentary on running with him (maybe with a run or two at higher p settings) later. For now, it's back to running.

Heh. Next thing we'll be seeing is MFO livestream!

Love the videos! Fun to see how other people run...

I just had a little bump in my overall points due to a decent qualifier dropping. The best part is it dropped from on of the wave minions and not the boss, so it's ilvl85 :) I think that actually makes it much more rare... maybe it should be worth more points? :badteeth:

Baal continues to underwhelm me with his drops. PLENTY of high failed set and uniques. Plenty of rares that would have been worth monster points had they spawned green or gold. *sigh*

EDIT: Oh yeah, when is the deadline? 11:59pm on the 25th, or are we running through the 26th?

The deadline is the 25th at 11:59:59. No running on Monday.

Edit: While I'm at it, I may not get another chance before well after the end in many time zones so here's the final info:

As soon as its over please send the following to your area supervisor:

Your forum name.
Your top 5 score.
The ATMA/GoMule readout of your top 5.

Please do it quickly. I put a 24 hour time limit on getting the results in but I've still got to get the results from the supervisors after that and with differing time zones we can't help but to drag it out a day but I really hate dragging it out further.

Roger that jjscud. Thanks for hosting the event!

I like your Barb Maareek! I've been saving up to create a Frenzy barb myself, so it's good to see that they can be useful as well as fun!

jjscud,

pindledrops.jpg

First thing I notice is how Heaven's Light and The Redeemer are rarer drops than Darkforce Spawn, but worth 9.8 points. Same is true for Earth Shifter and The Cranium Basher, they're worth the standard 9.3 points even though they are more rare than Death's Fathom. Veil of Steel and Nightwing's Veil also seem out of place. I'm guessing these might be the items whose scores have been changed for very good reasons? I'd be curious to hear a quick explanation, or a link to an explanation would be cool.

The short explanation is that these items all have two uniques with equal rarity for one base item. Take cranium basher and earth shifter, the base item is tc87 and drops with equal rarity and a collosus blade. Once the game decides that its dropping a unique thunder maul, it then has to pick which one.

Here's the catch, the odds for each are equal so when a gold thunder maul drops you are guaranteed one or the other. Its because of this guarantee that the scores are halved. You get points for odds, mf, tcs and all that but not a guarantee.

Technically, for any item with multiple uniques/sets for a single base type I multiply the score for the base unique item by its rarity divided by the sum of all the rarities.

Ok yeah that makes sense, thanks.

You've got a nice barb there maareek, way to go with the commentary too. 👍

Seeing the lighting effects turned on in some videos conviced me to try fullscreen play again on my 21". It's more bearable than I last remembered and was deffo worth it to see all the pretty glows again (which are also handy locating boss packs) although the stretched image gets tiring after a while and the longer loading times, when even a couple seconds matter, slowed me down too much.

A few non-qualifiers found in the last days:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf232b031
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Sapphire Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xd0b1c08e
+19 to Life
Cold Resist +11%

Wraith Touch
Gauntlets
Defense: 30
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x1bf65078
+13 to Dexterity
+92% Enhanced Defense
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Bramble Spur
Greaves
Defense: 22
Durability: 13 of 13
Kick Damage: 10 to 20
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xc57c782
+4 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +39%
Cold Resist +22%
Half Freeze Duration
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

I'm aiming for 400 runs in this last stretch but I'm not sure I'll able to do that many.

Also, I've got a new pet peeve while running the tunnels and that is LURKING ZOMBIES !

Case 1 : You just ended up in the middle of a might enchanted pack of invaders, manage to tele away to what you thought was a safe spot, only to be finished by un unseen plague bearer.

Case 2 : You've been nastily poisoned and no matter what, the life bulb keeps going going down fast. Well no problem, you've just finished the run and are giving a quick look at the spoils when BAM! an embalmed hits you from the shadows. :tombstone:

Edit : Woohoo, an Um rune from the sparkly chest ! Also, my heart jumped (and then sank) when a green balrog skin dropped.

6 hours to go here, but I'm throwing in the towel. Time to admit defeat. Good luck to those still running :)

Managed to upgrade my score a bit last night and this morning. I'm not too confident it'll put me in the top of the Baal category though.

Another Facet from Baal this morning.

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x4791bc8c
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
+4% to Cold Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Fabian said:
6 hours to go here, but I'm throwing in the towel. Time to admit defeat. Good luck to those still running :)

When I'm about to finish a session I use to think : 'Right, just 1 more, you never know...', or if I see a unique drop 'Well, this might be a lucky streak, I'll run until no uniques drop' or 'A couple more to reach a round number', 'Let's see how many more I can endure before getting really pissed about no drops', 'Just a last quickie, I'm done so I don't even have to finish it if I don't want'.

...I usually end up doing 50 more or so :scratchchin:

NagisaFurukawa said:
Absorb is capped at a certain percentage (40?), so I don't see it actually healing you. It sure is a lot handier than just the standard 50 resist though. :)

Yeah, it is capped at 40%. The statement was hyperbolic, but, like you say, the difference between the absorb and the padding to 75 resist is ridiculous.

Frozen things shatter more often than things just hit with cold (100 versus 20 percent?), so that's probably the difference in corpses. As for your cold damage, you ARE using a Raven Frost, right?

Oh yeah, Raven Frost! :badteeth:

Last, 'Grief' is actually better for hitting things probably, since it has ITD and an Eth rune.

Well, the difference in CtH is only noticeable on Baal, and to a small extent the Minions of Destruction. Not having the -def on Death means he whiffs a lot against Baal (enough to be frustrating), but all those nice mods means it still kills him faster than Grief.

That nickname better not stick, by the way.

O really? ;p

(Nice videos.)

Thanks. And thanks to everybody else for the positive comments. :)

I've got a little better than 12 hours remaining, but I'll be spending 7+ of them working, so we'll see how things turn out.

To those in the Other Area Level 85 Category: Please send in your final score, along with the ATMA/GoMule readout of your top 5 to maareek (at) gmail (dot) com whenever your MFO time comes to an end.

No midweek update from me as my score didn't change, just over six hours to go and I am going all out for a grandstand finish.

Well, it's almost twelve here, and I've decided to toss it in. I'm literally blasted after ten days of zombie killing hyperactivity. I've sent my final update to sequana. Crap, I'm exhausted. To everyone who participated, thanks for a great competition.

Gogo Burnouts!

Edit: I'm going to go sleep. For a long time. Now leave me alone.

Crap, I ran out of audiobooks. 4 hours 20 minutes 'till midnight.

I'm throwing in the towel as well. I woke up this morning at 6am and MFO'd until 2pm. I benefited from a slight increase in my overall score (I'm not sure if it's enough to push me over Le Urkel ;p) and I netted a couple of non-qualifiers that made me smile since 1.13 is finally giving me some luck, but nothing remotely close to NagisaFuruhaxxa's COMPLETED RUNE GRAIL (I mean wtf is that? ;p).

Also, to the members of Team SlowMG... I made a boo-boo the other day because of my ADD. D: But it's okay, I did 600 runs this morning to make up for it. 👍

Gogogoslowmgo!

[edit] Came to edit a typo, but since I'm here: good luck to those who are still running, and may your drops be green and gold and maybe orange.

I`m done too. As soon as that run run counter hit 4K runs, I was done. Now it`s time to go outside and see if my RL friends remember me.

Final update sent to Maareek. Thanks to jjscud and the supervisors for organizing this.

I could also use a slave to sort out all my screenshots from the MFO. Omg, are you up for it? For some reason I take a screenshot of every amusing or good drop, sometimes just for kicks, but most of the time I misclick the stupid spacebar and end up with about 1000 stupid pictures that show nothing of importance.

I stopped this morning when the counter hit 1500 runs. No score increase since Wednesday I believe. Just sent my final update to maareek.

Thanks to jjscud and all the supervisors.

Enough is enough. It was fun to have MFO again. Drops were quite bad but no one id going to take my hard earned xp. Nor items, seeing what I found :p

I'll send final resul to maareek and wait for results a few days :)

Ten hours left on the clock, and going strong. I'm going to take a break for a bit, then hit the runs again. :)

Final update sent. I didn't log the exact number of runs, but making it from level 89.8 to 93.1 off /p1 pit runs (plus a few with other characters) probably translates to "more than a few". I like how the exp bar moves between screenshots of interesting finds - though sometimes the jumps are depressingly large...

Thanks to jjscud, maareek and all the other supervisors!

I'm also done, results sent. I did 300 Baal runs and I must say I expected a bit more as regards drops. I guess I'm bravely fighting for bottom position :cool:, but well, the main goal was to not die and that worked. I had only one near death, it came as a surprise, when Baal attacked my sorc while being cursed, it was surprisingly hard attack......up to that while I considered him as quite lame guy, but he knows some tricks.

Good luck to all who are running still.

I'm looking forward to see results and some interesting drops from others, as I didn't see that myself :).

That's it for me. I'll just get my finds tallied up and send them to Nagisa and probably head to bed.

Good luck to all those with time still on the clock. Thanks to Nagisa, jjscud and the rest of the supervisor team as well as all contestants.

Burnouts !

Meh, a waste of time. Qualifiers were extremely scarce and even when they fell they didn't improve my score (which haven't changed from last update I believe).

Anyhow I'm pleased overall, because I got my first (three) shakos after a LONG wait and my first HR and some other grailers. Only one grailer in my top 5 though, but unfortunately the most likely item I'll lose. Not terribly needed though.

Good luck to all those still running. 👍

EDIT: LOL I do 3 relax Meph runs after that and this thing drops:

Code:
The Stone of Jordan 
Ring 
Fingerprint: 0x618b25cd 
+1 to All Skills 
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage 
+20 to Mana 
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
My fourth or fifth since I started SP a year ago I believe. If I'd only have this kind of luck at MFO...

After finding a last nice item about 45 min ago I called it quits (there were only 15 min left anyway). Results have been sent to Nagisa.

Here are some of the nicer non-qualifiers I found. The last two items were from a sidetrip I made to Mephy for an essence. Not bad for a dozen runs or so. There's a distinct lack of runes in there though...
Code:
Coral Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x155fd63
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +8%

Coral Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc6bc0e49
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +9%

Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One Hand Damage: 90 - 266
Durability: 14 of 26
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 138
Required Dexterity: 59
Fingerprint: 0xe926c833
Unidentified
+40% Increased Attack Speed
275% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike
+6 Life after each Kill

Expert's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x985d4681
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+37 to Life

Gul Rune
Required Level: 53
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x69dae95e
+410 to Attack Rating
+300 Defense
All Resistances +32
Level 12 Iron Maiden (6/20 Charges)
Level 22 Iron Golem (2/11 Charges)

Ruby Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xeaf75dec
37% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Strength

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 125
Required Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xaa173d2d
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+99% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (9/11 Charges)

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 17 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x6ba9cb2b
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +35
Magic Damage Reduced by 13

Thanks to jjscud, Nagisa and the other supervisors! 👍

Good luck to all those still running.

Go Kittens!!!

/consciousness

I'll be sending my scores tomorrow afternoon. Too tired to do it now and frankly me, an ATMA stash and maths before tea is a disaster waiting to happen. I'd probably wind up with negative points.

Thanks/good luck to all.

(Sorry team, but I think I'm last again. I did tell you not to pick me!)

While we're waiting for the MFO results thread, pass the time by introducing your Olympians.

I'm all done, nice increase in my score in last six hours, maybe not enough to win but hopeful of moving up a place or two. Thanks to JJ for hosting and the supervisors for all their efforts. Looking forward to seeing the results and of course Slowmgo being victorious. Off to send in results now.

Still 4.5 hours of running time available in my time zone, but of course I'll be heading to bed well before then. I just had another nice qualifier which should help my score a bit. Might run for another hour, unless my hands give out before then.
My wrists are really going to be happy when this thing is over!

EDIT: Well, that's it for me! I'm packing it in. Nifty jewel here:

Code:
Scintillating Jewel of Honor
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x51fe6a9f
All Resistances +15
Replenish Life +2

Best of luck to all (except those of you in the Baal category of course ;) ) I'll tabulate my final five and send the update to Nagisa in the morning before work.
Thanks to the host and all the supervisors! It was a fun MFO. So when's the next Pindlethon? :badteeth:

In what timezone will the MFO officially end? And when can we all expect the final scores?

Just got in from work, eating a little General Tso's I picked up in the frozen aisle (better than expected!) then run hardcore for the last ~2 hours.

Saw a bump in my score yesterday around 11pm, hopefully the same follows suit today.

@Vodnik: The MFO ends at the strike of 00:00AM, Monday July 26th for whatever location the person competing is in. That means the last person running will run out of time in ... ~6-8 hours, I think, though I may be off by a bit. You really shouldn't expect the scores any earlier than Wednesday. There's a reasonable chance they'll be up before then, but if you want to pinpoint a date, you're better to err on the side of caution, since there's a lot of points where things can get bogged down here.

Finished. Saw an almost 33% increase in number of qualifiers in the last 2 hours, but only a very, very small increase in score.

With ~20 minutes to go I was 4 million exp away from level 91, so I was feeling good. Ran to the throne room, seeing only invaders and witches, no worries, Frenzy fully charged, ready to own up things and he runs into a bosspack of dolls. I was just a split second too late on the juvie. T_T. On the plus side, I decided on the few runs I had after that to switch to the dual Gulls for Baal kill (normally I find it too tedious) and ended up having a dual elite unique drop (plus an Atma's Scarab) that included the qualifier that improved my score.

Compiling my score and then will send my score to Nagisa. Thanks to jjscud and the other supervisors, and special thanks to everybody who already has their updates in to me. :)

Good Grief... you would think that I would be relieved that it's over, but running with the guys in Team Kittens has made it very relaxing and fun over the past week. Thanks to those guys for being there to pick me up when the frustration set in of long stretches lacking qualifiers of any sort.

I got in 2254 runs spending about 60 hours. I never could get my time consistently below 1:10 per run, but I consistently hit about 5-7 bosspacks through my run. With one spot usually holding as many as 3 at a time. That was a fun area. Then with about 3 hours left to go, I lost my map. Hit nightmare... So, I frantically tried to find another efficient map and I guess after about 15 rerolls, I got one relatively close to the WP and with a good layout.

Thoroughly enjoyed it again this year and am looking forward to the next one. Thanks to jjscud and all the supervisors for your efforts in making the mfo the success it always is.

Finished as well. Had a nice addition in the last hour here, but nothing to write home about. Didn't use a run counter so no idea how many runs I had, but I was able to run 5-6 hours a day during the week, with 0 time last weekend and 3 hours the last 2 days. I gave it the old fatherly try :) Hoping for something other than last, but I wouldn't be surprised if I claim my spot again. GG Burnouts and everyone else, hopefully everyone can get some sleep :)

:guiness:

Whew! I finished.

After 4,500 runs I turned off the run counter and just rode out the last hour or so with as many runs as I could. My score had one very sexy jump near the end, but that has more to do with the item itself than with its score.

Overall, I had a great MFO. Thanks to jjscud and the overseers for hosting. Thanks to Team Kittens for making it a pleasant, jocular time. Thanks to Team SlowMatingGoats' namesake for doing your best to distract me through the final hours. ;)

Scores will be sent in the morning.

It just wasn't meant to be this time around. I'm just hoping for another top 3 at this point. Only 3364 /p7 Pit runs done, paling in comparison to Thomh. I suspect he will win, and he sure does deserve it.

Congratulations to all the runners on making it through the ten days, and thanks to jjscud for hosting the event yet again, the other supervisors for their hard work, and SLOWMG for adopting me. Looking forward to the results. :)

(Sending results to maareek shortly.)

EDIT: Sent.

Well done to all who ran. :) Thanks to the supervisors; really does spur you on seeing the mid-way standings.

I've sent my results to Nagisa.

Working on a few PMs, then I'll pop over to the Olypians thread. I fiddled with Atil's gear on the final morning and I think I should have done it sooner. :D I admit, I don't like to because if I touch a ring/charm or boots, all of them need tweaking.

Fun fact for general amusement; I LOST points yesterday. I will explain that after the results are up. :D

Final thanks to my team mates who despite my best efforts to get them NOT to pick me, graciously allowed me to join their team which for me had a most suitable name.

Just a quick heads up before I head to work: I still need the readouts of the top 5 items from frozzzen, and the final update from LD50 (I haven't received anything from LD50 all MFO, though. :/)

LD50 dropped out, IIRC.

See here.

great that's lvl 85 done (yay us).

I just need Dark Rahl's for AT.

Sequana and nagaisa, how are the other two looking.

sequana, don't worry about sincere's he hasn't created the trade profile so I'll have to dq him anyways.

Just waiting on Nepenthe here. Haven't heard from him since his second update on day 2, and he was online just a few hours ago, so I'm not entirely sure what's up.

EDIT: Got Nepenthe's. Thanks. :)

EDIT 2: Got nubikoen's followup, and sent the results over to jjscud.

Crap. I forgot to include readouts...

Edit. The top 5 is sent, just not the readouts.
I'll get those sent off within 1, maybe 2 hours.

Top 5 + Readouts sent. :)

Top 5 + readouts sent as well. I apologize for the delay.

The readouts are now in Nagisa's inbox. :)

@jjscud:
So now I'm missing only Jason Maher's results. But maybe he dropped because of his comp troubles??? I'm not sure, so I guess I will send it to you as otherwise it is completed.

I was under the impression that the reason I was admitted to Team Kittens (May Our Feline Grace Be Ever Held In Wonder) was that he had, indeed, dropped.

Just got home from work and e-mailed jjscud the top 5 redouts.

It's been fun to partecipate to this event, competition was quite fierce and I wish I could have done more runs but my right hand just didn't want to hear about it. Next time it'll be a whole other matter ! (how often are the olympics held ?)

Sounds like most of the results are already in. Very excited to see the results thread :) :)

Sweet, everyone's results are in. Jjscud, we want results TONITE!

Results are in from all the competitors, thanks guys, that's was very quick.

I'm just waiting for the final results from one more supervisor and then I'll post the results thread, I really think we'll have it up in a few hours. :jig:

Nooooooooooo! We need it now!:weep:

you're fine sequana, its maareek I'm waiting for. It appears he's at work right now. The nerve of some people.

Seriously?! The tension is killing me!!!!

Yeah typical maareek-type inconsiderate behavior, keeping everyone waiting and generally being a huge prick.

Just kidding maareek you know I <3 you

haha Fabian :) anyway even im following from a not partecipant point of view, still leaning in F5!

@Fabian: So true! ;) <3!

Just got back in, results sent. On the off chance I flubbed anything up, let me know. I'm running out to the grocery store (my niece is making quesodillas, score!) and should be back in ~30-40 minutes.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High