MFO Summer 2010 Results [by jjscud]

Re: MFO Summer 2010 Results

jjscud said:
AT

1. Steven Q Urkel [1.13c SC FAM] - 79.8

Holy Magic Find Madness, Batmans!!!!! Team Slackers (barely, just barely, hahaha) brought home Best of Show in the Tunnels!!!!! All hail to our glorious victors!!!!

[YOUTUBE]cWnmCu3U09w[/YOUTUBE]

As for myself, I'm still trying to decide what I find more amazing:

[highlight]a[/highlight]) getting your first ever self found Astreons during an MFO, [highlight]b[/highlight]) a nub-nub like Urkel winning a category in the MFO :D, [highlight]c[/highlight]) getting your first ever self found Death's Fathom in an MFO, and its your 3rd rarest qualifier to boot, or [highlight]d[/highlight]) winning your category in an MFO despite an embarrassingly low scoring tc69 in your top 5. :rolleyes: :doh:

I don't have a haul pic taken yet, but I'll try to get one in the next couple of days. I think its actually going to pale in comparison to many of the pics posted so far, despite my final score. I think it was interesting to see the disparity (is that the right word?) in this years MFO. My score in the Pits would only be good enough for 4th, 2nd in Pindle, but it was good enough to narrowly squeak by with a win in Tunnels. If that Fathom hadn't dropped at 12:53pm on the final Sunday, the SLOWmygots would have taken first place and I would be runner up. :p

[highlight]To all my fellow Tunnelers[/highlight]: Before I decide if I want to hork loot any prizes would everyone please let me know if you have any items that you REALLY don't want to lose whether they be grailers/items for current/upcoming characters/sentimental drops/etc.

NagisaFurukaw said:
Last, the obligatory haul pics. Aside from those, there were another 20 green TC87s of the lesser variety. Not bad for only 3364 /p7 Pit runs, I guess. Apologies to Greebo for embedding, by the way. :p

Given that you used spoiler tags, you're forgiven! All those runes and no Ohm, huh? That's bad luck right there.

Congratulations to everyone! Amazing results.

--Greebo

Congrats to Urkel and all the other winners.

Thomh - Nice going, hopefully next time I can not be the caboose to our team :)

Nagisa - Please send me your updated rune mod so I can enjoy some spoils as well :p

I'll put together a haul pic tonight, but it will pale in comparison to those above...I'll be like Fabian and include a few failed set/uniques as well.

GG everyone, :guiness: Now on to working a cow runner...

COngrats to all winners, nice finds :)
and to jjscud for another amazing MFO it is best sompetition here

Steven Q Urkel: very congrats, now your dreams become reality :)
and I have no items I have problem with them to loose but I do not think my items are so attractive :)

Wow, that was a close one :). Congrats maareek, for the originality prize as well. I loved your videos and the runner you used and am especially glad for you that you were able to spot your drops among all the junk on the floor :D.

Here are the readouts of my top 5 in case you want a prize:
Code:
Executioner's Justice
Glorious Axe
Two Hand Damage: 213 - 440
Durability: 35 of 50
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 164
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0x78628315
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
50% Chance to cast level 6 Decrepify when you Kill an Enemy
+30% Increased Attack Speed
255% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Executioner's Justice
Glorious Axe
Two Hand Damage: 210 - 434
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 164
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0x2d0b58c1
Unidentified
50% Chance to cast level 6 Decrepify when you Kill an Enemy
250% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 201
Durability: 12 of 20
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0xe6782d78
Unidentified
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
+25 to Mana
Set (2 items): +1 to All Skills
Set (3 items): 50% Bonus to Attack Rating
Set (4 items): Cold Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 114 - 132
Durability: 64 of 70
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 78
Required Dexterity: 56
Fingerprint: 0x9064e407
Unidentified
+40% Increased Attack Speed
209% Enhanced Damage
+350% Damage to Undead
Requirements -20%
Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage
Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage
3 Sockets (0 used)

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 249
Durability: 26 of 50
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 105
Fingerprint: 0x6a8ac228
Unidentified
+50% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
+18 Absorbs Cold Damage (Based on Character Level)
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
Set (2 items): +2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
2 Sockets (0 used)

Congrats to all the other winners as well and to everyone who ran. Enjoy your lovely new items. 👍

Thanks to my teammates for making the MFO fun and keeping each other motivated. 👍

And a big thanks to jjscud and the supervisors for the work they do even while running! :thankyou:

Rummski said:
Nagisa - Please send me your updated rune mod so I can enjoy some spoils as well :p

yeah, me too, or just send me the runes.

Ok, seriously, today would be the 3 month mark without a high rune, in the days of 1.13 that is mind boggling. Happily, I did say "would", Friday a Lo finally broke that streak and then a Vex later that evening made my first multi-HR day, what a turn around. Add to that a Jah on saturday and all the ists and guls I picked up earlier in the week and it turned out ok runewise.

Haul pic, not a chance. Though one funny note, as I mentioned in the progress thread, I upgraded to a whole new set of top 5 on Thursday alone. Those 5 held except for one single run on Sunday, but on that one run I found 2 of my top 5 , including the top item, the spirit keeper. I've found multiple qualifiers in a run many time but never multiples that ended up in my top 5.

Grats all the winners and not runner ups! :)

Question is: when will next MFO be held? Didnt had the power nor the time to partecipate this time but will next one! i noticed on the Meet the Olympians thread all the runnerw were mostly Sorcs/necros/barbs so next time ill bring some assassin/druid aspect to the contest :)

Holy bovine!! That's some impressive pics.

I got a dragonscale fairly early on, but for a long time my top5 was pretty much all wolfhowls. I caught a break with the Windforce saturday evening. If not for that one drop I'd have finished last with a score in the mid forties.

Congratulations to all, particularly the winners of course, but you all made for a good show.

Special mention must be made to the burnouts of course. It was a pleasure teaming with you. Thanks!

Thanks of course also to jjscud and the supervisors for making this event what it is.

Anybody want to claim any of my finds just let of know and I'll provide you with readouts.

See you all next MFO. (Where I won't be running Baal again, I want some of the loot next time :))

Re: screenies.

I thought I had a sickness. Must tell my wife that I am normal after all, if not D2 inadequate.

Nagis. Respec'd my summoner because of your successes. Found a DWeb early in my restart, but never used. Need a break from Baal/WSK after 1,100 runs.

Leaning toward an Insight IG and Harmony merc however. We'll see...

Well this is pretty surprising. My first reaction is: I want to dedicate this win to RIP, the patron saint of MFing Barbarians. ^_^

I entered on a whim, knowing that the SC2 Beta would go down somewhere during the course of the MFO and I'd be left without SC2 for several days. Also, as I said when I signed up, I wanted to test the viability of a character (my Frenzied ZealBarb) as a Baal runner. Obviously Baal always comes down to luck, but I'd say WhyNot acquitted himself pretty well. He died a mere 3 times in ~300 runs (no clue exactly, between the changing over of Operating Systems and the changes in run times but it's around there) all of which were to dolls.

I'd like to make a few quick thanks: first of all to NagisaFurukawa for sending me back the items I needed, and including a few of his own (namely the 1.07 Laying of Hands) for good measure. Also, I have to deeply thank Pyrohemia for telling me where my Darkforce Spawn was hiding on my hard drive. Funny story: I received Thomh's update on Wednesday, replied to him how jealous I was of him finding multiple Darkforce Spawns when I had found zero, and then, one the very first run, I horked one. And then proceeded to lose it thanks to Windows not automatically running programs as Admin on the Admin account. I was a little downtrodden for awhile, but that was offset by how happy I was when I found it again.

Thomh, I'm very happy for your victory. Nagisa may have been my teammate, and a great forumite, but you've put in tremendous amounts of effort in previous MFOs and came up short to people who got incredibly lucky and I'm ecstatic to see that luck finally falling your way. :)

The Death's Fathom dropped from Colenzo on Saturday, around 11PM, after I had run for damn near all day and seen a Dangoon's Teaching and nothing else. I expected top 5 with the DFS, but the Fathom lead me to think #2 or #3 was possible. I had no expectations of beating Zaliqai.

But crazy things happen in the MFO. I should know. :crazyeyes: I didn't put in near the hours as my last win (only put in 25 or so this time, I think), and there's no point making a haul pic this time (the Fathom, the Spawn ... maybe my highest rune: Hel) but I can't complain with a victory.

I have no intentions of playing anymore, so I won't be asking for qualifiers, but I would like to continue the tradition of winners picking something, so I'd like trophies from Zaliqai and Thyiad. Honestly, all I want is some item (you pick) personalized with a funny/weird name (I was gonna personalize the Fathom with the name DisItamWuzStole if somebody took it ;p) and the readout posted. I'm fine with you actually keeping the trophy, since I'd just ship it to Nagisa with the rest of my stuff, I just think it'd be a nice funny little thing.

Anyway, I can't help but write walls of text, so here's a little relief: three relevant pics from the competition. Linked, not embedded, cause I'm oldschool. ;p

The Darkforce Spawn

The Fathom

Dual Elite Drop

Lastly, thanks, as always, to jjscud for hosting and the supervisors for all their hard work. And to all of the other competitors, in all categories. I certainly expect this to be my last MFO and it was an absolute pleasure competing against/keeping up with all of you. And special thanks to my teammates: I didn't get to celebrate a team victory last time, so this is a nice added touch. And all of us being in the top 3 is a pretty awesome feat, if I do say so myself.

OK, here are a couple of screenshots from me. :)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/xxn0thing/SP D2/shifter.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/xxn0thing/SP D2/IKSC.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/xxn0thing/SP D2/greenCB.jpg

Jaw Dropping moment

A close one!

I suppose as third place in Baal category I am entitled to steal itamz... but, I enjoy being self found so I'll pass on that :) If anyone above me wants one of my finds, just PM me in case I miss the post here! I'm happy to share, only the Cerebus is a grailer for me. Sort of. Actually I HAD one before, but it is among the items I recently lost...
Oh well!

jdkerr said:
Mungo, I would like a personalized trophy item of your choosing, if you don't mind.

Mungo is out of town until at least the weekend and possible next week. Please excuse the delay in receipt.

maareek - will do tomorrow. Unless I forget then it'll be when I remember. :p

Nice not being last for a change. :D

I have to say the bar keeps getting higher in each MFO. It really is incredible if you look back at past results and see how a much higher score is needed now.

Congrats and thanks to all for another fun tourney. :)

Wow, congrats on all your finds! GG Thomh, maareek, and all the other winners. :D

Sorry I wasn't around this time, but looks like the Burnouts did just fine without me. (Better, actually :scratchchin: )

Hmm, I've been gone so long my Pal thing expired a month ago and I didn't even notice.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High