MFO Summer 2009 Signups and Progress [by jjscud]

Re: MFO Time (Signups and Progress)

A little OT:

What happened to this thread? Did it get moved or something? I can only find it through my subscriptions.

Edit. Erhm... :embarassed:

Move along, nothing to see here.

It has been stickied:)

Mephisto update

skiffcz
Jingizu
smokeeblad
nubikoen
Sectiplave
Rummski

Differences between the players aren't very large, skiffcz has a sort of nice lead on the rest of the pack though. Keep 'm rolling.

Miserere mei has nothing to report, unfortunately. Sinking deeper and deeper, wondering how it will turn out...

Pindle update:

1. RIP
2. Paradigmshift
3. JudgeDread
4. Mungo
5. maxicek
6. elmer

I received update only from RIP, so the results then aren't surprising for now. I hope you guys are not scared. This category is not over! RIP's score is nothing what we wouldn't have seen before. Even Usain Bolt can't stop running after 50 metres although he leads. So keep running. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun. Harder. :yes:

...I should do the same myself

What I expected. I had a sneaking suspicion nepeta or Nagisa could leap frog me, so I'm glad. I hope I'm closing in on Zaliqai.

From your posts so far, I think you have decent lead, but do keep at it or we will catch you soon. ;). Looking at the past few MFO though, trying to catch Zaliqai could mean many sleepless nights. :D. Out of curiosity, how fast are your run times?

Kassul! Get a move on. I want to be LAST. I'm always last. It's what I do. :( Thankfully I didn't update today. I might even have been sixth and that would be a disaster. Only three places off the top-3. *shudder*

@sequana, Just sent my update! Hope that moves me up the rankings!

Was unexpectedly busy Monday and fell behind. But I'm catching up with a vengeance today! I actually got my fastest Pindle time ever last night: 24.875 seconds! I never thought I'd break the 25sec barrier, but I figured out what I was doing wrong and now my times are consistently under 30secs and routinely under 29secs.

Out of 43 amulets now I finally got a unique, Crescent Moon. Really wanted Highlord's Wrath, but it's still a grailer for me!

I would guess around 7 minutes? I don't really time or count my runs. Depending on the Throne monster roll, it can be anywhere between 4 and 10. Going on p3 helps a lot.

EDIT after elmer's update

Pindle update:

1. RIP
2. Paradigmshift
3. elmer
4. JudgeDread
5. Mungo
6. maxicek

You probably meant essojay but I was going to post the amount of runs I'm doing anyway so I'll post run times as well. Let you guys know what you're up against ;).

I did 720 runs (iirc) at p3 and have now done 420 at p8 with about 560 more in the planning. Average times were about 2:50 at p3 and 3:10 at p8 (cheesy infinity lightsorc ftw!).

I found my top 4 in the first two days and basically nothing since then. There's a couple of nice items in there for the taking by the way and right now I'm definitely beatable 👍. Especially since I feel like a robot at the moment running on buggy software. I'm starting to make too many mistakes and feel death is around the corner. I may not be playing hardcore but a death right now would be extremely painful.

6 th place is not so positive when I have just only 3 hours of playing up to end of MFO :D
but I can not be sad with drops
from last 1200 runs unique item whitch satisfy me at least little was blue bloodlord skull beacuse I did not find any bloodlord skulls in AT just about 10k runs :D but still my score is same :)
well I have 200 runs yet to change it so it is not lost yet :D

i have had a couple more make my top5 but have yet to send in the update to sequana. But I do have a non-qualifier that is nice enough to post.

Communal Diadem of Life Everlasting
Defense: 58
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 64
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xaa6c3d0a
Damage Reduced by 22
+3 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

I mean, it isn't a trapping one or a +3 light skills one, but it is still a +3 skills/life everlasting diadem!

I will send in an update later this evening, as I have a few more runs to get in before day 6 is up for me.

Me = vanished :(
I'll send you my update immediately, but don't feel obliged to include it right now 😉

Have to admit I didn't have much push to run until I saw myself eighth; now my competitive streak has kicked in and I'm spending way too much time running. Granted, having already found a Stormlash, two Griffon's, a Death's Fathom and a JMOD (among others) in AT this year I don't think I can complain too much about a couple thousand semi-dry runs, but I want my Tyrael's, damnit!

On a slightly related note, was just doing some runs and found out that Plague Bearers, when under the effects of Fanatacism, dance in rhythm with "Thriller," or at least they did in the very few seconds they managed to survive. The way I see it, this either means the discovery of a new Easter Egg feature in the programming, or signals the loss of my last tenuous grip on sanity. Either way, I'm excited about it.

Hmm. My sleep deprivation has rendered me unable to do basic calculations. I've been doing runs for 5 days, and I've about 40 hours of running, so that's 8 hours per day on average. Would be 10 if not for work. Still, putting in that much time is useless if your opponent is 3 times more efficient than you. :D Still, I'll find that Tyrael's yet and then we'll see who's winning. 😉

AAARH!!

I just had a few runs where meph had a might aura from a pack of bloodlords behind him. That meant the merc took a bit more of a beating than usual. That meant I was running out of purples to feed him. Instead of muling some on, I decided to run Pindle 5 or 10 times - He drops quite a lot of purples.

Probably did 5 pindy runs, this drops. :hang:

I'm calling it a night now.

I didn't improve my score.

I am not amused!

I know I'm lazy and I should put the P settings back down to 1 for tping, but even on p3, I do think this is taking the mickey. It may not look THAT scary but I downed two full rejuvs before taking that screenie. I have no idea why I didn't die I swear the bulb was empty. I wasn't hanging around to try and kill that lot. Nor the previous bout of fanatic gloams.

What adds insult to injury is that when I get to Baal; he just won't see the light in the way I want.

not even close
I will make him so drank today that he will not able to sent any update or final score anymore so he will be DNF in MFO :D

Heh, I heard you Czechs can hold your drinks. Incapacitating him with alcohol might be difficult. 👅

Just found an almost-great wand. Kind of like my MFO performance so far.

Bone Wand
One Hand Damage: 3 - 7
Durability: 11 of 15
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xf5fe29ae
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties:
+2 to Terror (Necromancer Only)
+2 :rolleyes: to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
2 Sockets (0 used)

EDIT

But I did find some passable non-quals.

Code:
Ruby Jewel of Envy
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xe4c41f05
Item Level: 99
Unidentified
Properties: 
37% Enhanced Damage
+20 poison damage over 2 seconds

Fanatic Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x8efbd92
Unidentified
Properties: 
34% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Knocked out another 400 runs, with another small increase in score. Grabbed a nice charm on the way:

Code:
Amber Small Charm of Greed
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 32
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7c7923e2
Lightning Resist +11%
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

With many appologies to Grisu, here is the Mephisto update that should have been published yesterday:

skiffcz
Jingizu
smokeeblad
nubikoen
Sectiplave
Grisu
Rummski

Too bad it doesn't help you any, Grisu :p

My apology to allenive, I forgot to include him. Also I received Mungo's update, so the order is a bit changed. Very balanced in middle field.

Pindle update:

1. RIP
2. Mungo
3. allenive
4. Paradigmshift
5. elmer
6. JudgeDread
7. maxicek

Zaliqai said:
I did 720 runs (iirc) at p3 and have now done 420 at p8 with about 560 more in the planning. Average times were about 2:50 at p3 and 3:10 at p8 (cheesy infinity lightsorc ftw!).

Nice.

I run p3 with trapper without Infinity with time around 3:30 if all goes well (if Baal jumps too much, then it is more painful. I kill Baal on p1 though, without static it is sometimes long even this way). To play p8/p1 would be too slow for MFO competition.

Btw Has anyone some tips how to kill Baal faster with trapper? I have LR stick on switch, merc has Insight though as I have low mana pool. I mostly try to tele close to him, put traps as close as possible and use FB as backup during frying, but if he decides to jump or clone, then it becomes quite annoying. My damage is 1-10k what seems to me okish. Thanks for any input : ).

edit: Hm, I've always wanted to try doublepost :).

How bad would your mana problems be if you used Hone Sundan+Guillaume or Kelpie+Guillaume on your merc?

Anotehr alternative would be to not worry about efficiency and brute force it (play every waking moment) like I do. :rolleyes:
bassano said:
I will make him so drank today that he will not able to sent any update or final score anymore so he will be DNF in MFO :D

I don't think so, I have to go to work on Friday, so I won't be doing any wild things... Few beers. Maybe ten... not more...
I am more concerned about another birthdy party I have on Friday night ;)
essojay said:
Heh, I heard you Czechs can hold your drinks. Incapacitating him with alcohol might be difficult.
True. ;)

essojay said:
Anotehr alternative would be to not worry about efficiency and brute force it (play every waking moment) like I do. :rolleyes:

Haha, no finesse at all:) Pretty much the same thing I`m doing. Not much to do at work this week, so I`m going home early and taking the day off tomorrow(have a ton of days saved from earlier this year). Guess what I`ll do when I get home!

My runs are over. I did 2500 runs and it is quite maximum I was able to do with my time. Now I am going on holidays with friends so I will not run anymore. From last runs I found only another blue bloodlord skull :)
I will sent my final score to zaliqai soon.

Hrus said:
I don't think so, I have to go to work on Friday, so I won't be doing any wild things... Few beers. Maybe ten... not more...
I am more concerned about another birthdy party I have on Friday night ;)

crap,crap,crap....
we wll know how it will finish :D

btw. much more demotivating then RIP and Hrus crap talking is see updates and know that it is really true :)
They want to demotivate enemies beacuse they are not sure with themselves. :D
But all honor for Hrus beacuse if someone deserve victory it is Hrus. Not for this MFO but for all he did during all MFO´s he played always on top and just many times 2nd,3rd,...

You must take exam from colony and jaedhan. Their right response was increasing number of runs without any problems with trash talking. They drops will came I believe. They are playing on top in this MFO and It is hard for me that I will have no time for keep their challenge beacuse I was close from colony with runs. And I think that between jaedhan and colony will be nice battle whitch I am looking for :)

I did about 2500 runs in 4 days whitch is not bad. I was able to keep average run time under 44s so I am satisfied with my runs. Olny that time I needed. My final score will not be great but at least I have 2 blue bloodlord skulls whitch I will personalize as Hrus and RIP and I will be happy :D
Only hard for me is that I am loosing my MFO invincibility but that must came once :)

And I stil lbelieve in our team that we will able to do right drops for be on top even if I failed :)

I wish good luck to all runners especially to my teammates
I will be here next wednesday to congratulate winners
Hope that most of winners will be from czech republic to keep our dominium :D
And thanks jjscud for nice MFO 👍

bassano said:
From last runs I found only another blue bloodlord skull :)

This is getting sort of contagious. I got two of them myself, guess my 45%MF is to blame for that :whistling: Wait, it must be Durf after all 😉

I've found a whole bunch of reasonable items, just nothing amazing in terms of score..

EDIT:
@sequana: I don't think 'Insight' helps all that much when your mana pool is low. Also, you could try something like stormlash in cube for hard-switching..

bassano said:
You must take exam from colony and jaedhan. Their right response was increasing number of runs without any problems with trash talking. They drops will came I believe. They are playing on top in this MFO and It is hard for me that I will have no time for keep their challenge beacuse I was close from colony with runs. And I think that between jaedhan and colony will be nice battle whitch I am looking for :)
The items have started coming at last, I got my highest ever non HF rushed rune last night. Previous best was a Lo. I also found a very nice qualifier that worries me slightly as it got a great roll on the variable mods. I got a bit caught up in all the excitement and carried on doing runs until 6am, with 4 days still to go I think I might actually have a chance of catching Hrus.

colony said:
I think I might actually have a chance of catching Hrus.

It only depends on the number of runs, bassano just told me that he wonders if you manage to do more runs then he did in last MFO - 5900 tunnels.

You can take it as a challenge :whistling:

Just what I need, another challenge:rolleyes:

I'm at about 3350 runs now, so I don't think I'll reach 5900, maybe 5500 if I push it. When it comes to items as rare as the top qualifiers luck becomes a very big factor unfortunately.

Edit: To reach 5900 runs I'd have to do about 40 more hours of running in total, which I guess is actually possible. It'd mean staying in all weekend though, so I'll have to see what happens.

Colony, congrats on sur. Actually I run with constant fear that I missed few HRs on the ground. It is very much possible with vanilla D2 and frenzy high speed MF runs. I timed my 1 hour session and was surprised that I can pull 74 runs in an hour (was about 66 last time with a previous map). So I am glad I am close to your (I mean bassano and colony) run speeds with self-found and vanilla - no infinity/insight and no Spirit.

I took a day off from work but now I feel little tired, I think I will go take a nap...

... but

...rather not. ;)

colony said:
Just what I need, another challenge:rolleyes:

I'm at about 3350 runs now, so I don't think I'll reach 5900, maybe 5500 if I push it. When it comes to items as rare as the top qualifiers luck becomes a very big factor unfortunately.

Edit: To reach 5900 runs I'd have to do about 40 more hours of running in total, which I guess is actually possible. It'd mean staying in all weekend though, so I'll have to see what happens.

I hope that 5900 will rest as highest number even after this MFO so gogo for beer :D
btw. how many runs/hour do you have?
and grats for nice runes :)

@Hrus: I did 87 runs/hour as record this MFO but average I had 81,8 cca
last MFO in january when I did 5900 I had about 76-78 runs/hour average
bassano said:
I hope that 5900 will rest as highest number even after this MFO so gogo for beer :D
btw. how many runs/hour do you have?
and grats for nice runes :)

I'm only doing about 65 runs an hour according to the run counter as I find playing in a more relaxed way for longer a lot easier than going as fast as possible in a shorter time. I've done some 45 second runs, but it just wears me out too quickly going that fast.

Hrus: I can easily see how missing runes is possible without the RRM, I used to be quite paranoid about it before I switched over all that time ago. As for the RWM the only RW from it I'm using is Insight, it saves a few seconds on picking up mana pots, but I wouldn't say it was a huge advantage.

Well just a sliver shy of 1000 runs (yes completely overshadowed by the numbers others have pulled out) and still no improvement in score. Very unlikely to catch skiff and jingizu at this rate, but will still put in a few more runs when I can. The Dolls on level 2 seem more generous at this point though

Code:
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Champion Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 264 to 423
Durability: 51 of 51
Required Dexterity: 49
Required Strength: 157
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xfea035f6
+15 to Strength
+15 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+15 to Vitality
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20-240 fire damage
+25 Maximum Durability
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2% to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

@Colony: you don't use Spirit? :shocked:

well I hit 1500 AT today and I'm quite happy with items :)
no new crazy stuff but it's ok...

since it's my first MFO and i didn't know what to expect i'd say it will be better next time...
i guess i'll slow down a bit since i don't want to find unhearted wand to be taken away by someone :D

congratz on crazy will colony...that's alot of runs oO
i guess my problem is 70 sec/run...i'm lazy with map rolling and i've never seen god AT map...so if anyone has printscreen of his map it would help :)

3 more days might change something but i doubt it...i won't bother to much...
2500 runs is goal this MFO and then 2500 easy runs for completing 5k

oh yea last 200 runs got only 3 qualifiers and all 3 were ogre mauls :badteeth:

Had a very productive day at the pits.

@DC - Who died and made you team captain? I'll run where i want and still win meph.

Team Update

Ugla/Hrus/jjscud/RIP/Skiff
Team Kittens / NeoAlchemists / essojay/maareek/Thomh/elmer/Rummski
Team youtube

That one team up there at the top has a nice lead, but its basically a dead heat for 2nd place.

Even then, these are based off of yesterday's ranking which are largely based off of Tuesday's scores so nothing is final, not even close.

I built that sorc ages ago for running Pindle where I found blocking useful for stopping the occasional charge that got through, so I don't have the strength for Monarchs, instead I'm using Rhyme.

That's it. Next time I'm not running on your team.

Halfway through Day 7 here. The last two days have not been good for me. I hope my luck will improve for the last quarter of the MFO.

No update sent last night as the runs were putrid...no increase in score, very few qualifiers. The overall stash is increasing though.

GG Team, I hope to pull my weight here in the final days.

I have one question does the time end at 11:59 on 8/8 or 8/9? Just want to see if I should plan anything Sunday :)

Good luck everyone 👍

Not bad, but where to put it?

Ruby Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6994cd55
+40% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%

Nice find, the best place would probably be something with high requirements that isn't easily replaced by a RW, maybe a CoA?

I have a similar one in my barbs ik armor (38/15), Imo it's the best ik armor socket u can get

Here's my map. Not sure how well you can tell the layout; it looks so weird to me since I haven't looked at the minimap for it in a very, very, very long time.

I'm chowing down on some Subway right now, so I'll try to give you an idea of my run path (I'm doing a little different run for the MFO, trying to make up on time and number of drops so my "short run" path is too inefficient) to try and show you what you're looking for.

This is the first room, two teleports from the entrance. Can spawn up to four bosspacks; I kill anything here. Sometimes bosses will spawn farther up the hall to the top, but I leave them alone for now.

Next is this hallway, directly to the left. 95% of the time a bosspack is here, sometimes up to three more right outside in the room to the left. This is the most important room in my entire run. Ten possible spawn locations, and it's rare to not see at least two bosses here; I've seen up to six in this one area.

Just above that is another room, which can spawn up to three bosspacks. Almost always one to the right of where the sorc is standing. As long as I'm here I check the corridor to the left, which can spawn up to three more bosspacks, but normally only one and only 60% of the time or so.

Normally I go from there to the chestroom, which is just across the top wall in the last screenie. I've seen up to three bosspacks spawn here, but normally just the one, with an additional two possible in the corridor to the right (quite rare, though). If I haven't seen enough monsters yet (ie, only killed 3-4 packs) I teleport over to this branch (a tad above the first room) which can spawn up to five bosspacks. If I've only seen 3-4 packs up to this point, there's almost always at least one here, normally two or more.

With this runpath I'm averaging somewhere between 5-6 bosspacks per run (I normally see 5, 6 or 7, but sometimes see 4 and very rarely see only two) at ~45 seconds per run. Not as fast as my "short run" (room one, last branch screenie, then chestroom), but much better number of bosses.

What you're looking for most in a good AT map is bosspack density in good areas. This is a good example of a juicy spot. Where the boss Embalmed is is a space where many monsters congregate - the bosspack just above there typically funnels down,as well - and is ripe for Blizzard action. Narrow corridors like the one at the bottom of that screenie are bad, and if you have a lot of packs spawning in spaces like that on your map you should reroll it.

I put more importance on good bosspack density than on good map layout, because if you can kill 6 bosspacks in two closeby rooms you can just stop your run there but if you have 8 bosspacks in eight different rooms it's going to take awhile.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing. If it is, just ask and I'll try to clarify ... later; just polished off the sub, so it's time to get back to running.

Been an interesting days running, and not just because I found my housemate's whisky earlier :badteeth:

Improved my score a bit, and I'm satisfied with my progress so far, just got to keep myself going for the last few days now.

I sent in an update now, increasing my score over the last couple days. I hadn't updated since the last posted update because of a loss of power in a storm last night. So, that really cut into my running time. Plus, I do have 3 kids and a wife and work alot as well.. so u kids seem to have the edge in the time area. But, I think my luck is improving. I improved my score significantly. So, hopefully, that moves me back into the top 2 again.

Now, it's back to work.

Update sent to Jingizu. Last 100 runs have been very dry, but at least I found one decent item before that. Run time is down to around 4:00 as well, so that is good news.

Just a couple more days guys/girls. Keep at it. :).

Got in 600 runs today, which is a personal best. Despite my extremely slow start, I'm thinking I might break 3000 (at 2200 right now). Grabbed two grailers, which was very surprising, and two copies of a useful qualifier that hasn't dropped for me in a few months. Also had one run where, thanks to a Monster Shrine, I got to kill ten bosspacks. I was much more excited about that than I should have been.

Score went up decently. I think I've milked what can reasonably be expected from pure grinding, though, so I'm going to need some luck to pass those still ahead.

In the way of non-qualifiers, I had two very nice drops today. The first facet of the MFO and a pair of 50% War Trav's, both of which fell in the last 10 runs. The boots came from the chest.

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x917ffa6e
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 134
Durability: 17 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x4710afb8
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+180% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 6
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

I've sent off an update to Zaliqai. If I'm still eighth I think sleep will have to be given up for the weekend...

The MFO is 10 full days, so it's 11:59 on 8/9. Well, at least that's how it has always been :p

Changed my map, and in the first 25 runs I got 4 good qualifiers, a facet and seraph's...I knew the other map was cursed :crazyeyes:
Down to 26 seconds per run btw :jig:

Colony: you use Rhyme instead of Spirit? :shocked:
What's your other gear?
My sorc was also built with partial block (aimed for 60% with Luna rhyme), but soon I switched to Lidless for FCR, additional +1 skill and mana/kill.
I even considering going for 105FCR now, but that would mean going with TO gloves and FCR ring instead of Chancies and 35 FoF ring... I could get more resists that way but they are not so desparetly needed now when I have changed Oculus for HoTo.

EDIT I might as well make an Olympians thread...

I would love that. Would be pretty interesting to see what all the people are running with, I`m particularly interested in Jaedhann, jjscud and DX choices, for obvious reasons:)

The past three days' (or is it two? I'm losing track) futility was made up with this:

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Properties:
Weapons:
50% Enhanced Damage
Armor:
5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields:
5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Of course, I find the runes to make CTA (actually, still missing an Ist :rolleyes: ) near the end of the MFO, after I've already died dozens of times. I don't want to be ungrateful though--I can take it easy now knowing my time invested in the MFO wasn't wasted. I'd still like to beat Zaliqai, though. Finding a Cham Rune AND winning the Baal category is just too much hax. :evil: :coffee:

By the way, how do the Mac users here take screenshots? The Ohm drop was the first time I wanted to take a D2 screenshot on a Mac, and I didn't know how to do it. There's no PrintScreen button on a Macbook keyboard, and the Shift+command+space+4 doesn't work so well when you're using space as the view item key and 4 as one of your potion keys. I guess I could change my hotkeys or something, but it's going to be extremely annoying to readjust. :\

Wow, that's fast. Is it average time? You play on p3 or p1? I have not an ideal map (6 teleports to Durance lvl3) and my minimum time was 25.86 on p3, average time without id'ing rares (boots, bows, assasin weapons) something around 30 seconds...

I should be better it seems :scratchchin:

Gratz on the Ohm essojay 👍

Btw. do you know the rule that hr's found during MFO belong to supervisor...? :alright:

I'm actually hoping to make it a triple hax! :evil::evil::evil:

And congrats on the Ohm! I now know what it's like to find a high rune and it's pretty sweet don't you think? ;)

Fortunately supervisors themselves are exempt from this rule...:whistling: But you are correct, so congrats on essojay's Ohm! 👍

My 1000 Pindle run drought continues. All my top 5 so far were found in my first 400 runs. :(

Update 4 sent to Sequana.

Zaliqai said:
I'm actually hoping to make it a triple hax! :evil::evil::evil:

99? :crazyeyes:

Zaliqai said:
But you are correct, so congrats on essojay's Ohm! 👍

Thanks. You know, it was quite hard, but I think I worked a lot to get it, so it's well deserved :smug:

@other Baalrunners: Look on essojay, he is a good boy, do it like him, don't concentrate only on qualifiers, sweet red finds are needed too...:party: (come on hr's, Jingizu won't hurt you :evil2:)

I won`t bother spamming Zaliqai`s inbox with an update today as my score has increased by the lowest possible amount. If that fraction of a point is important in the end, I apologize for that:) Hopefully something BIG will drop today or tomorrow.

Jingizu, I'll find you more HRs if you fudge in a few Tyrael's in my final Top 5 when you send the final standings to jjscud. Like this:

essojay - 4224.0
Tyrael's Might - 844.8
Tyrael's Might - 844.8
Tyrael's Might - 844.8
Tyrael's Might - 844.8
Tyrael's Might - 844.8 :jig:

Thanks for the congrats, Zaliqai and Thomh. :D Good luck in the rest of the MFO! (More for Thomh 👅 )

Jingizu said:
Wow, that's fast. Is it average time? You play on p3 or p1? I have not an ideal map (6 teleports to Durance lvl3) and my minimum time was 25.86 on p3, average time without id'ing rares (boots, bows, assasin weapons) something around 30 seconds...

I should be better it seems :scratchchin:
Yeah, it's my average time with picking up and id'ing rares on /p1. Fastet runs are 17 seconds (only a few of them though), mostly it's 20 seconds when I don't pick up anything and 28-30 when I pick things up and stash them.

So yeah, you should be better than that :p

essojay said:
Jingizu, I'll find you more HRs if you fudge in a few Tyrael's in my final Top 5 when you send the final standings to jjscud.

Wow, I have some work to do :scratchchin: Zaliqai has already booked three pieces and now you want five...? I am able to find 2-3 TM's during weekend, for the rest I should have a look at e-bay it seems :coffee:

:girly:

Grisu said:

Like you said... I will work on it 👍

Grisu said:
Yeah, it's my average time with picking up and id'ing rares on /p1. Fastet runs are 17 seconds (only a few of them though), mostly it's 20 seconds when I don't pick up anything and 28-30 when I pick things up and stash them.

That is FAST. I`m very impressed by the run times in every category, guess I`ll have to practice more.

As a HC player, Grisu, how fast do you run pits or AT with your respective runners? HC is a little liability in those places compared to Pindle and Mephy, I would say.

I haven`t really timed Pindle runs with my Blizz sorc, but in AT I average pretty much exactly a minute(a second or two more, maybe) with muling and everything else. Could probably up it a little bit, but I have a habit of killing of sorcs if I try to do that. Maybe if I find an Ohm:) Pits is hard to estimate for me, as I`m currently running with Find Item. Slower run times compensated by said awesome skill. I can`t really remember my run times with my hammerdin before the restart as I didn`t pay attention to it too much. But it would be awesome to get a few tips and tricks from a more experienced HCer. Especially when it comes to "other" areas.

I would love to get input from DC and\or DX as well. (I have a feeling DX is HC, although I`m not sure.)

Nice rune, you could always just heavily twink a couple of characters and run them through to the HF for the Ist.

Sent my 4th update to Zaliqai earlier, had a sizeable score increase from my 3rd update

No runs again last night as it was the last night with wife and daughter for the weekend. They are off on a weekend vacation with her Mom and Aunt (Longaberger). So now tonight after work Meph and I will get aquainted for oh 8+ hours, with another 6-8+ tomorrow and 8+ on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to run as much as I've planned and the runs will be fruitful...

GG Team, sorry to be weighing you guys down...

Rummski said:
No runs again last night as it was the last night with wife and daughter for the weekend. So now tonight after work Meph and I will get aquainted for oh 8+ hours, with another 6-8+ tomorrow and 8+ on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to run as much as I've planned and the runs will be fruitful...

GG Team, sorry to be weighing you guys down...

Haha, no worries. Just have fun! I think everyone understands that wife and daughter is somewhat more important than D2. More than 25 hours of running in 10 days with a job and family is pretty insane no matter what. Really hope you get a couple of `lashes in the end:)

Please send new underwear and valium to me.

Not many runs from me today, I thought I'd go and kill Nithy so I could personalise stuff. And I re-rolled my map. Twice. I'm getting better at finding the stairs in the WSK. (EG I'm no longer looking in Act 2.)

Thomh said:
That is FAST. I`m very impressed by the run times in every category, guess I`ll have to practice more.

As a HC player, Grisu, how fast do you run pits or AT with your respective runners? HC is a little liability in those places compared to Pindle and Mephy, I would say.

I haven`t really timed Pindle runs with my Blizz sorc, but in AT I average pretty much exactly a minute(a second or two more, maybe) with muling and everything else. Could probably up it a little bit, but I have a habit of killing of sorcs if I try to do that. Maybe if I find an Ohm:) Pits is hard to estimate for me, as I`m currently running with Find Item. Slower run times compensated by said awesome skill. I can`t really remember my run times with my hammerdin before the restart as I didn`t pay attention to it too much. But it would be awesome to get a few tips and tricks from a more experienced HCer. Especially when it comes to "other" areas.

I would love to get input from DC and\or DX as well. (I have a feeling DX is HC, although I`m not sure.)
Well, I haven't really run AT or Pits for more than the occasional few runs...so I really don't know. But you're definitely right - I have to be more careful there. Blind teleporting+HC=:hang:

I've done more RoF runs though, although I haven't timed my runs there either, so I'm afraid I can't give you any numbers.

I timed Pindle thoroughly, though :crazyeyes: average run there with my Meteorber is about 18-22 seconds. So I was surprised to see that my Mephisto times could almost compare to that.

As far as tips go: only the usual ones. Harmony on switch for Pindle, map with 3 Teleports for Mephy. Oh, and moat trick takes far too long. Just tank him with a strong merc.

Once I ran AT some more, I can give you feedback, if you want :)

Good luck!

btw, that map changing really paid off... 😁

Great picture and text, thyiad. I laughed:)

@Grisu. Yeah, I agree. Blind teleporting and HC is meh. It`s ok in AT, since the monsters there are weaklings, although it`s not safe by any means. I tried to run with a CL\FO sorc in the pits the first day, but nasty mods on archer packs are just awful when teleporting like crazy. Had like 4 abandoned runs and a couple NDEs just because I didn`t want to abandon more runs in less than 120 runs. Luckily the barbarian is as sturdy as a character can be, so I can just sit here and drool in front of my computer:)

I wouldn't call monsters in AT weaklings. Once in a while you just mistakenly teleport into the bosspack and get surprised how much storng those embalmed, plague bearers and Invaders are...

I died two times this mfo at level 97... painful.

I agree with you Hrus, weaklings is an overstatement.

jjscud said:
So guys, I'll give you until the 7th of August, but then I'll have to DQ anyone without a trade profile.

Everyone but Serdash got their profiles in so that's the only DQ.

As for me, I've only increased my score marginally since the very first day, quite disgusting.

ES Invaders with Fantacism can suck down Blizzy's 900 life bulb to no red showing even through 45% damage reduction (Stormshield + Harley), so, yeah, they can pack a punch (and they're pretty quick, too). The Embalmed and Plague Bearers can be even more dangerous because most AT runners have really low poison res so that effect, stacked with the melee damage, forces the use of a lot of pots.

I can feel your pain, Hrus, my level 96 sorc has only managed to gain ~2 million experience this MFO because of a few bad deaths (mostly early on when I was still getting used to running her with Spirit instead of Stormshield).

@Grisu: That's some insanely fast Meph running; very impressive. I think my times are only just a tad under 30 secs on p3, but then I don't have a lot of Meph experience. I will say this, though, Death's Fathom speeds up Meph runs by an incredible amount. I dropped over 10 seconds per run just by swapping in it for Occy. Agree with you about the moat trick, as well.

@Thy: I keep hearing you talk about how good you are at killing your sorcs and yet all I see are pics of your leet skills saving them at ~1 hp. ;p

maareek said:
ES Invaders with Fantacism can suck down Blizzy's 900 life bulb to no red showing even through 45% damage reduction (Stormshield + Harley), so, yeah, they can pack a punch (and they're pretty quick, too). The Embalmed and Plague Bearers can be even more dangerous because most AT runners have really low poison res so that effect, stacked with the melee damage, forces the use of a lot of pots.
The other issue can be the CE explosions and LE bolts, particularly together they can do some real damage in the relatively narrow corridors. Of course it's mainly due to having poor resists due to using so much MF, but that won't stop me complaining about it.

Edit: It's also looking like Bassano's run record is safe, 2 and a half days left and I'm only just about to reach 4000 runs.

colony said:
The other issue can be the CE explosions and LE bolts, particularly together they can do some real damage in the relatively narrow corridors.

Don't forget the CE monsters that release an invisible Frost Nova when they go in recovery but don't die. Or the CE/LE bosses that release invisible bolts. I died sooooo many times to those things early on in my AT running career before I stacked on a bunch of Cold res.

[highlight]Level 85 Area Standings:[/highlight]

1. Hrus
2. colony
3. Jaedhann
4. Thomh
5. Dx-Crawler
6. bassano
7. jjscud
8. maareek
9. Joosh
10. frozzzen
11. hepcat
12. Carolus Rex
13. Poida

The only person missing seems to be DarkChaos but I think he mentioned he wouldn't send any updates until the end. That's fine, though his final score will of course be halved because of that. 👅

These are by no means the final standings. However, it'll take something special to get one of those top spots. So good luck fellow olympians these last two days! May your drops be green and gold!

Didn't send an update to Jingizu because once again there is nothing to update...:unimpressed:

Still eighth? Well, damn. Time to shift this puppy into overdrive.

maareek said:
@Thy: I keep hearing you talk about how good you are at killing your sorcs and yet all I see are pics of your leet skills saving them at ~1 hp. ;p

Well my Full Rejuvination stash is down from 1000+ to about 900. That might explain it. :D Oh and my heartfelt thanks to anyone who has given/traded me +life light skillers.

Did play with her gear yesterday. Nicked Mungo's BotD for the dude for a bit. Yeah Reapers > BotD for Baal. Shame because it did wonders for his damage. I appear to be suffering an outbreak of LI Lister. And gloams. Dolls. And those red-ball-of-nastyness-chucking witches.

Jingy - doubt you'll get an update from me before the end. Probably.

No upgrade = no update. Im tired and a bit demoralized, Ill go to bed. Weekend should be better than I originally thought though, so Im counting with 5000+ final runcount.

Gn and Gl ;)

Hm, I really don`t like the new standings:( Good job from Colony and Jaedhann, guess I`ll have to stop messing around on the forums and get busy.

heh...no update since i had only 0.x points increase :D

but i'm runing...hope to se some better results today and tomorrow :)

Update sent. Finally I got rid of that ridiculusly low score...not that now it would be something great, but hopefully I catch my second breath.

[highlight]Baal update:[/highlight]

1. Zaliqai
2. essojay
3. NagisaFurukawa
4. sequana
5. nepeta
6. LD50
7. Thyiad
8. Kassul

I got only five updates/no change infos, however, things are starting to be really interesting. Zaliqai is still in the lead, but essojay is quite close. Nagisa and sequana form other group, they have almost similar score, however, they shoud find something more to get to upper places. The rest is quite behind these four...

Still no update from Ugla and Denton - they are either too scared or too stylish to post updates it seems - their drops should end in my stash as a penalty...:coffee:

Good luck to all Baalrunners, I wish you some good TC 87's 👍

Thanks, Jingizu. I don't know how many more Baal runs I can do without going insane, but I'll do my best. Good luck in the final push, everyone! 👍

Sending my update for the day. Nice increase, and I'm hoping to climb back up the ranks! I did find my second rainbow facet, 4/-5 fire.

[highlight]Pindle update:[/highlight]

1. RIP
2. elmer
3. paradigmshift
4. Mungo
5. allenive
6. maxicek
7. JudgeDread

I did receive only few updates. RIP is safe on the top for now, 2nd and 3rd place are very close each other, then little space and again close rank. Nothing is decided yet, good luck guys.

@essojay: Thanks for tip, Kelpie rules :). Well it was at first unpleasant without Insight, but with little change and more mana pots in belt it is perfect, Baal doesn't jump now at all.

Good to see that my efforts at improving my score haven't been completely wasted. Planning on a sleepless night tomorrow to get more runs in, I'll feel completely dead by Sunday evening, but it should be worth it.

Just got off work, about to grab a bite and then back to running. Picked up a couple of Vitamin Waters focused on boosting energy - on top of being very bad for you, energy drinks and sodas have little effect on me (I think I'm immune to caffeine) - that have shown results in previous trials on myself. Not intending to sleep tonight, so 800 runs (or more) is my expected goal. I really want to defend my top five finish from last MFO.

On a somewhat related note, looking at my score compared to my ranking, unless there's a block of us in the middle that's very close I think this is going to be one hell of an impressive alvl 85 result this MFO as far as scoring goes. Raise the bar ever higher, I suppose.

Good stuff Mareek:)

I have no intention of sleeping until I`m either happy with my qualifiers(not likely) or can`t keep my eyes open anymore.

@Elmer: Nice update there:thumbsup:

It seems like we all have the same plan tonight :) 4:30 hours in, no real help, but it's nice to get feel like I'm giving it a real shot. GG Team!

Go team :)

Haha, nice to see the rest of the team had similar plans. :) We look to be in good striking distance going into the home stretch; much credit to all of you guys for your determination. Best of luck in the last couple of days!

For my part, it's midnight here and I just hit 500 runs. Couple runs ago had my second score increase of the night, which puts me at a level where I'm actually pleased with my points. Finally feel like I'm more than the supernumerary figure on the team. :)

Even though I'm happy with my score now I'm going to keep going at it for three reasons. First, there's still a chance I could have a certain golden armor drop that could propel me past Hrus, however small that might be. Second, having seen the number of runs colony is doing I feel the need to push myself to try and get 4k; I may not make it but it should be interesting to see. Lastly, because when that Tyrael's does drop I can take first place in alvl85 for my team. ;)

Anyway, just polished off my peanut butter sandwich and it's time to dive back into the Tunnels. Come here Tyrael's...

Go Team! I just got in from another night at the Detroit Institute of Art and I'm running like a mad dog now! (saw Dance Band and the Duncan Brothers tonight) RIP I'm nipping at your heels! ;)

@skiffcz Nelly Furtado's Let My Hair down is now my luckiest song ;)
@Grisu I can't believe your Pindle time is 17-18secs! Does that include load time? Because my fastest time is just under 25secs and that includes a 6-7sec load from the last runs S&E click. I don't have Harmony either, but if Harmony is the biggest difference between our times I'm going to have to serious consider finally making one. I'm just not sure though if I can take the hit on MF I'm using right now on switch. (I'm going to post my setup in the Olympian thread if you want to answer there)

[highlight]Baal update:[/highlight]

1. Zaliqai
2. essojay
3. NagisaFurukawa
4. sequana
5. LD50
6. nepeta
7. Thyiad
8. Kassul

I got one update during night from LD50, so I am editing yesterday's score a little bit.

Nice find LD50, but Nagisa and sequana are still quite far away...
[/QUOTE]

Jingizu said:
Nice find LD50, but Nagisa and sequana are still quite far away...

Hm, I'm not too surprised that I only got 5th place with that. I always thouhgt that I'd now be more like in a striking distance from the top3, but that they are still quite far away? :(

Oh well, let's hope for more nice surprises...

Lets hope I get some too ^^ Good thing it's weekend now, maybe I'll not drop off to last before this is over ;)

Maybe we should change our team to Team Brute Force:)

Still going strong after no sleep tonight, although the A85 runners doesn`t have to be scared by my finds so far:( Even though I`m in complete insane grind mode and pick up very little stuff now(mostly because I`m too tired to check any other items than Green\Gold and reds), run times have gone up by a lot. A couple of accidents with switching difficulty and now my map is far from as good as the one I had.

It almost makes me depressed to see that Mareek did 500 runs in less time than my 150-160. Haven`t used the run counter in a couple of hours, so my run times might be better now, but I seriously doubt it.

Keep up your spirits Thomh. You can do it! 👍

Just took a break and I'm heading back for some more before I finally crawl off to bed:sleep:. Hoping to increase my score before that, but I haven't been able to for awhile. I keep getting low end qualifiers. Going to listen to another podcast (philosopytalk.org) as those seem to make the time really fly.

Last team update

Ugla/Hrus/jjscud/RIP/Skiff
Team Kittens / essojay/maareek/Thomh/elmer/Rummski
NeoAlchemists
Team youtube

Team Kittens and essojay/maareek/Thomh/elmer/Rummski have closed the gap a bit and NeoAlchemist are still just behind.

Thomh said:
although the A85 runners doesn`t have to be scared by my finds so far:(

Well, that makes one of us. 😁

Team Brute Force sounds like a good fit for us. 👅

I'm also on auto-pilot. I'm getting surprisingly good at doing these runs without dying, despite being extremely sleep-deprived.

Hmm, a yellow Caduceus. I knew I should have put on more MF. :(

LD50 said:
Hm, I'm not too surprised that I only got 5th place with that. I always thouhgt that I'd now be more like in a striking distance from the top3, but that they are still quite far away? :(

Oh well, let's hope for more nice surprises...

I didn't want to discourage you, I am sorry for that :)

It depends on definition of "far"... Well, you are not so close like Zaliqai and essojay or sequana and Nagisa. But you know the scoring system in Baal category - for example one common unique TC 87 gives you 76.8 points. From this point of view, noone is too far away 😉

@Thomh: I only did 275 in that time; I had 225 from early in the day. And with you horking the difference in our runs shouldn't be that pronounced, anyway.

@essojay: Glad I'm not the only one that found a yellow Caduceus today. Most of the rest of the MFO has been blue Sacred Armors out the wazoo but today was caddy day in the AT.

Finally got to 800, which puts me at an even 3k for the MFO. Right off the top of my head, I think this is probably the most profitable day I've ever had in D2 terms, with several nice qualifiers and some really good non-qualifiers, but I'm way too tired to dig up readouts for the latter right now. I think 3k is a nice enough number that I can let myself catch a few zzzz's before I get back to it.

I`m thinking a big break is in order here as well. The last 2-3 hours have been insane for me as well. Not when it comes to top end qualifiers, but other stuff has been great. Or maybe I did get one or two good qualifiers as well:whistling:

I suck at valuing rare melee rings, so I`ll put up a couple here too see if they are good/great or whatever:

Code:
Corruption Finger
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0xfb2c2c41
Properties: 
+46 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
Cold Resist +26%
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Havoc Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xce24cf3d
Properties: 
+82 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +20%
6% Life stolen per hit
All Resistances +10

And a decent gambled twink amulet:

Stone Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xb9773cf6
Item Level: 92
Properties:
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Cold Resist +20%
+50 poison damage over 3 seconds
Replenish Life 5
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
All Resistances +15

While I admire the guys who'll play through the night, I won't risk it with Atil at her level so ... I wimp out and go to bed.

Well yesterday sucked major *deleted* so I went to bed and have just got up to resume the fight. *After* tea two.

Best of luck to all over the weekend. :)

Thomh said:
I`m thinking a big break is in order here as well. The last 2-3 hours have been insane for me as well. Not when it comes to top end qualifiers, but other stuff has been great. Or maybe I did get one or two good qualifiers as well:whistling:

I suck at valuing rare melee rings, so I`ll put up a couple here too see if they are good/great or whatever:
The second ring's quite nice, the AR's high enough to be useful and the resists are good too. The first one's only real positive is the dual leech, but the other mods aren't particularly great.

I just got two 19/202 Ravenfrosts within 30 minutes, can someone calculate the probability...? :whistling:

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5b91c75b
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+202 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Raven Frost
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xfd5e231
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+202 to Attack Rating
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen
Jingizu said:
I just got two 19/202 Ravenfrosts within 30 minutes, can someone calculate the probability...? :whistling:

It isn't incredibly low, but it's not big. I think it's about 1/600 for the next RF found to get the same roll as the first, given that you already know what the first roll was. I've probably just proved that I've forgotten everything I used to know about probability, but nevermind.

Jingizu said:
Sure. The probability is

Ravenfrost #1 + Ravenfrost #2 with identicals mods + Jingizu = haxx

There you are. Wasn't that hard :p 😉

maareek said:
@Grisu: That's some insanely fast Meph running; very impressive. I think my times are only just a tad under 30 secs on p3, but then I don't have a lot of Meph experience. I will say this, though, Death's Fathom speeds up Meph runs by an incredible amount. I dropped over 10 seconds per run just by swapping in it for Occy. Agree with you about the moat trick, as well.
You have to remember you're doing your runs on /p3, so a tad under 30 seconds equals my 26 secons on /p1. AFAIK Mephy drops 1/6 more uniques on /p3 as compared to /p1, so a run time 1/6 greater than mine on /p1 should net the same amount of items. 26sec + 1/6 * 26 sec = 30,3 sec.
So you're even more efficient with your run times 👍

This has been fun, but I`ll quit my running right now as I`m in real danger of getting burn out. Seems like I`m incapable of spending several nights awake in one week anymore(I blame my age:))

Nearly 100 hours of D2 playing with a job on the side over 9 days is borderline insane(especially considering I only played 0,5 hour one of the days), so I hope my team is not angry with me for quitting now.

I`ll send the new score to Zaliqai later tonight after I have checked my MFO-stash.

Thanks to jjscud for hosting this fabolous tournament(and I hope your score will improve, a point less than me would be nice), A85 runners for completely and utterly ridicolous competition and to my team who will win the rest of the categories and own all the other n00bs here.

Have fun, everyone.

Disclaimer: Any spelling errors and/or horrible sentences will be blamed on my sleep deprivation.

Grisu said:
Sure. The probability is

Ravenfrost #1 + Ravenfrost #2 with identicals mods + Jingizu = haxx

There you are. Wasn't that hard :p 😉

Lol. :crazyeyes:

I have found another one, this time it's not 19/202 though

Raven Frost
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7f353274
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+243 to Attack Rating
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Sweeeet :yes:

maareek tnx alot for showing your map to me :)
it seems that i'm just slow :D
seeing that this is my first MFO and i didn't optimise char/map i think 61 sec average it's ok...

about ending of MFO...
does it ends in few hour or in 20+ ?
i'm little confused about this...

frozzzen said:
about ending of MFO...
does it ends in few hour or in 20+ ?
i'm little confused about this...

neither.

It ends at midnight Sunday night. My geography is terrible but GMT, that's about 31 hours from now.

@Thomh: I understand completely; no hard feelings at all from me for you stopping your runs now. The amount of dedication you've put in so far is more than enough. Been a pleasure!

As for myself, I'm going to stop my runs right now because I'm shaking. I may do more runs later it, if I feel like, but for right now I have to go buy a lottery ticket.

maareek said:
I may do more runs later it, if I feel like, but for right now I have to go buy a lottery ticket.

Guess i'm out of the race now. Well, maybe I win the 'most tc87's' categorie. Haul picture is going to be awesome.

I look forward to that pic, Jae! And don't lose hope - it only takes one ridiculously lucky drop to change everything.

maareek said:
And don't lose hope - it only takes one ridiculously lucky drop to change everything.

"only" and "one ridiculously lucky drop" kinda exclude eachother right?

See, these kind of comments are all I need to give up right now.

Well, after a certain point it all comes down to luck, anyway. I mean, we're only doing 10 days worth of running which don't give you time to put in statistically meaningful amounts of runs in comparison to the odds any of these items have to drop, so those terms aren't mutually exclusive they just point out that finding anything meaningful to your score at this point will be luck, and it's just a matter of how lucky you are which item drops. If you don't run there's no chance a good item can drop, if you do then there is. It's not like anything is final until the end of the MFO, anyway.

If you feel like giving up, then that's fine, but I don't see how what I might have found could have any bearing on that, really. You would have to count on getting lucky to increase your score whether I found anything good or not, because another 1-2k runs isn't enough to give you a really good statistical chance at any of the high scoring items, anyway.

Thanks Thomh for your words of encouragement throughout the last week or so. And for creating the team way back in Page 4. No hard feelings for calling it a week (obviously). I look forward to seeing your final results.

This is your first MFO (yay, me too), and you're HC no less, so that alone deserves huge kudos. You have no idea how many careless deaths (i.e. anyone with a brain could have avoided) I've had.

As for me, I still have about 30 hours left. I'm going to have to sleep once or nap twice before then because I'm extremely sleep-deprived, and I have to do RL work for at least 4 hours, but otherwise I'm going to try to get in as many runs as I can.

My fellow Mephrunners, I have one question. Up to now, I have found eleven facets, seven cold and four fire. So I am asking...

...where on earth are all those poison and lightning facets...? :scratchchin:

I found one poison ;D (read: they exist)

Ah, what wonders a little nap can do to a man`s spirit. Disregard my last post. I`ll run a little more before it all ends tomorrow. Not a huge amount by any means, but hopefully enough to get a golden unearthed wand or something:)

@Essojay: Yep, it`s my first MFO, but definately not my last. I would die if I ran Baal with a Blizzballer without CtA as well, that`s for sure. Luckily 3,7K life, 10% dual leech and generally weak monsters makes it pretty hard to make mistakes:) Good luck with the remainder of the runs.

@Mareek: I`m really looking forward to comparing results with you. I almost regret not picking up every qualifier as it would be interesting to see who got the most.

This tournament has been really good to my wealth, at least. Should be able to toy around and kill of a few sorcs in the near future:)
Thomh said:
@Mareek: I`m really looking forward to comparing results with you. I almost regret not picking up every qualifier as it would be interesting to see who got the most.

This tournament has been really good to my wealth, at least. Should be able to toy around and kill of a few sorcs in the near future:)

I think the results for everyone in the alvl 85 category should be interesting. I really want to know what everyone's got, I have the feeling there could be some very impressive scores for the whole top 5.

If I ever do another MFO it's definitely going to be in a less competitive area.

colony said:
If I ever do another MFO it's definitely going to be in a less competitive area.

Will meet you at Baal then next time Col.

Jaedhann said:
Will meet you at Baal then next time Col.
Might be an idea, the only real reason I've done so many runs is that I didn't want to finish in the bottom half again, it's going to take me days to recover from all this running as I'm simply not used to it anymore.

Providing you two don't compete for last with me, it'll be great. That spot is MINE. :D

I'm glad I didn't do any running last weekend. I can get motivated when something which scores drops but once I have five and I'm trying to increase my score it gets a bit wearing. I'm thoroughly sick of the minions dropping whites and Baal dropping blues right about now.

Perhaps if there is enough interest jjscud will run another Pentathon with limited times on each zone. I liked that; great for those of us with poor concentration and also for those who just cannot spend 18 hours a day running due to other commitments.

Jingizu said:
My fellow Mephrunners, I have one question. Up to now, I have found eleven facets, seven cold and four fire. So I am asking...

...where on earth are all those poison and lightning facets...? :scratchchin:

2 poisons here, one a 5/4 even.

Also found my first metalgrid last night, will be 'fun' on my zealot :D and a unluck ormus' robes with +3 blizzard.... but it's ethereal!

I've still got a couple more Meph runs in me, but with an average run time of 45 seconds (on players 1) I'm not doing well against those blizzard sorc's, I like lightning though :p

Next MFO I'm going to enter against baal, providing I can get some better gear between now and then.

EDIT; final update sent, got 9 hours of work today, so that's it folks, I hope the other Mephy runners had better luck than me.

I wound up doing a total of 1.1K runs this past 10 days, it's about as much as I could fit in :( I am happy with the raw amount of useful non qualifiers I got and the qualifiers that I got that aren't in my top 5, I wound up with around 80 qualifiers in all.

I now have a flavie report with 65.61% of all uniques and a 71.65% of all set items, not bad for someone who started from scratch about 2 months ago I think :)

Thyiad said:
Perhaps if there is enough interest jjscud will run another Pentathon with limited times on each zone. I liked that; great for those of us with poor concentration and also for those who just cannot spend 18 hours a day running due to other commitments.

+1 for pentathlon style event with limited running times.

Good luck everyone on the final stretch.

I had a little luck today and so I updated just in case with Sequana. I sure hope it moved me within range of RIP! Keep working hard guys, this is the homestretch.

Seeing as how I'm US, I have another 27 hours or so of runs left to go. Minus whatever I sleep of course! Go Team Kittens!!!

I'm done. 5112 runs done (about 75 hours according to the run counter) and I've reached the point where there's almost no chance of improving my score. I hit my initial entirely arbitrary target of 5000 runs. Final update will be sent tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime after I've had some sleep, expect a nice screenie of shiny items after the results are out.

Edit: Well, that should technically be today, but it's not like anyone will notice, that post's so badly written anyway.

good god, i'm sorry i missed this one. this is my kinda tourney.
I'd have been in with my pindle-sorc all week.
Next time JJ.

Kefka

@Thomh: I'll be looking forward to comparing results with you, as well (and the other runners, of course). I always keep all the qualifiers in an MF tourney, just for curiosity's sake, even though I leave most of the crappy ones of the ground in normal running. But, in the end, who cares about seeing who piled up more IK mauls? The good stuff is way more interesting than total qualifiers. Hope your final runs went well.

@colony: That run count doesn't beat bassano, but it's still crazy impressive. I'm not even going to make 4k runs for the MFO and I'm exhausted; can't imagine how tired you must be. Then again, I think you said you're ambidextrous, so with the hand switching maybe your mouse fingers aren't as sore as mine are.

For myself, only got up to 3200 runs. Just couldn't keep at it past that. Hopefully can push my way to 3500 tomorrow before my MFO ends, if I still have time and energy at that point, anything past that will be gravy.

Zaliqai's lead is safe ... for now. :evil: (Unless someone else has passed him.)

I've still got 22 hours. :D

Well I'm going to call it quits, didn't really have enough time to commit but was fun nonetheless. Run counter stopping at 1.3k, with the last thousand yielding no change to my score. Last update sent to nepeta, thanks for supervising 👍

Also many thanks to jjscud :) hope I'll be here for the next one

All the best to those of you still running, except those on Meph, please stop now :)

smokeeblade said:
Well I'm going to call it quits, didn't really have enough time to commit but was fun nonetheless. Run counter stopping at 1.3k, with the last thousand yielding no change to my score. Last update sent to nepeta, thanks for supervising 👍

Also many thanks to jjscud :) hope I'll be here for the next one

All the best to those of you still running, except those on Meph, please stop now :)

Hahaha already stopped :) now we can have a few beers and relax, I won't win but my top 5 items are probably so crap in comparison no-one will take them :p

smokeeblade said:

I think I would run only a little today...😉 I don't think I can beat skiff, I would like to fight for the second place though...

In the morning I already found last item from my top5 and now it seems quite nice (on the first day of MFO, I found item X and decided to push it out from top5, because I don't like it, now it's done, so my personal feelings are ok :coffee:).

Paradigmshift said:
I had a little luck today and so I updated just in case with Sequana. I sure hope it moved me within range of RIP! Keep working hard guys, this is the homestretch.

Seeing as how I'm US, I have another 27 hours or so of runs left to go. Minus whatever I sleep of course! Go Team Kittens!!!

Sleep?! Sleep is for the ladies!👅
Haven't gone to sleep yet, been running my little fingers off. Taking a break to do some wrist stretches and mule. Going to get some water and change music for the next few runs.

I'm not really ambidextrous, I've just always used computer mice right handed for some reason despite being left handed, so I don't find it too much of a problem to switch hands. It's not so much my fingers that are sore, my wrists and shoulders both feel very stiff, but that should clear up by tomorrow.

My score hasn't changed since last update. I'm planning on getting an hour or two in tonight, but I'm not expecting much. Actually I'm pleasantly suprised that I'm placed as high as I am. Work has been crazy the first week after the vacation, 12+ hour days has taken it's toll. Only after the kids have been put to bed and the GF says goodnight, have I been playing. And by then I'm near exhausted even before I begin.

That said, I did get my stock of Arachnid meshes up by a few. So my primary goal was met.

Good luck to all, and GG. :)

Good luck to all in the last few hours. The weekend started badly for me , 600 runs with no improvement. Then I pressed the nightmare tab by mistake and lost my map. Thankfully it didnt take that many rolls to get another one. Have since made 4 small gains on my score, hoping for a few more.

Still going strong! But this just dropped and I'm pretty sure it's godly, right?
Code:
Doom Shell
Tiara
Defense: 45
Durability: 20 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x2a22143a
Properties: 
+36 to Life
+105 to Attack Rating
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
2 Sockets (0 used)

Down to do some final runs...Tough i don't expect anything uber...
~1800 runs and counting...( hope to reach 2000 and another tc87 )
Good luck to all of you in final hours of MFO :)

@Elmer if this Tiara had 20 fcr it would be goldly...

@Colony: Thanks for the feedback on the two rare rings. It was as I suspected, pretty much, although I tend to over value dual leech a lot.

Final results have been sent to Zaliqai, some work related stuff needs to be done tonight. It has been fun, everybody.

OK, this is over for me, 2323 AT runs, 100 qualifiers and big big luck for me. I have aimed for the 100 qualifier mark, which was reached few minutes ago.
Thanks to jjscud and all supervisors for organizing this and all participants for joining. Trashtalk with (neo)Alchemists was real fun :)
Kudos to all participants in 85 areas category for their big effort, I am looking forward for your item howl pictures. I think Thomh deserves special note as he as a novice participated in probably most tough category and that was with a HC barbarian and performed very well (In my opininon).

Sending the final update to zaliqai.

Sent my final update to Zaliqai a couple of hours ago, even if I haven't done enough to catch Hrus I'll still be happy with my score. Thanks for keeping me motivated everyone, I'd forgotten how much fun the MFO can be.

Making a final effort right now. Debating slightly lower MF and more power giving more opportunities for drops or more MF and less power giving a bigger chance each run. :crazyeyes: Think I'll flip a coin.

Also trying to work out a way to bone prison my merc where I want him. It's getting a bit tiresome trying to tank Lister because witless wonder has wandered off. :banghead:

I'll do a proper write up once the MFO has finished and the results published. :)

n00b question - will it suffice to send my final score tomorrow? ("by aug 10th" means in- or excluding aug 10th)?

5k run count broken, but im still after that one elusive item :D So for me it ends with the last ding of midnight bells, and then Ill die peacefuly in my bed (not to mention I wont have live connection at midnight), so thats why Im asking ;)

GL all with their last stretch and all those who have already ended. May the Force be with .. me :)

You have to end your runs today at midnight, this is the only limiting factor :) That means results could be send on monday, but please don't let us wait too long...

Btw. people in other timezones could still play more hours than you, so there is no need to send results 0:01 tommorow...

Good luck with Lash :crazyeyes:

Thank you :)

You got that one wrong. Jingizu meant me of course. I will let you take a look at it after the MFO though...yeah, yeah, you can thank me afterwards for that.

I am finished :)

I don't want to run until midnight, I already hit 3k runs and that's much more I awaited to do.

I like my results, nothing special, but it's ok. Especially non-qualifiers are good.

See you in results thread 👋

Still working on knocking out the last few runs. Have about 9 hours left. Just wanted to say I'm planning on starting a new IFT - I hope nobody has a problem with that; I do feel new ones get started too often but the MFO is sort of special - for the MFO results so I hope folks can hold on to their posting til then. I'll probably put it up tomorrow (my tomorrow, that is) so we can all post our non-qualifiers to have something to drool over until jjscud can round up the final standings and we can post the good stuff.

Reminder to those in their first MFO: please, please, please don't post your qualifiers until after the final standings have been released. You probably know that already, but I just want to make sure.

Good luck to those still running, and congrats and good work to those whom have already finished. I think this MFO will be very impressive in all the categories, and I'm excited to see the results.

Sent final updates to Zaliqai some time ago.
I simply cannot force myself to run AT anymore, but 1800 is preety nice. Nothing compared to some insane numbers other competitors have been able to do ( respect+ for you guyz ).

I can't wait to se results and crazy items you got.
Gratz to all players who joined this MFO and GL those who are still runing :)crazyeyes:).
Now it's time to take a rest and cya all in the morning 👋

Over for me as well, managed about 100-200 runs (I suck at counting), results have been what one could expect to get from such a figure, although luckily it picked up at the end.

Looking forward to see all the sacred armour inuendo disproven in the results thread ^^

Thanks to jjscud for hosting another MFO, and to all of his minions of course.

Hm, it`s been a while since Essojay posted here, wonder if he has gone mad from all the running yet.

GL with the final stretch, team.

Results sent. I did 700 Baal runs, to be honest I would hope for better results for this amount of runs, but that's the game :). I'm very happy for being over lvl 97. Also I was surprised for quite a lot of TC 3 dirrectly from Baal (good for my ilvl99 grail :)).

And I can't resist to not post this - my worst drop. :hang:

Good luck to those who are still running!

EDIT:

Ahh, now I count and I found 96 qualifiers....I bet I should have aimed for 100...: D

Finished here. Greetings, Death, I'm Yours to take away... :crazyeyes:

Well, not really. Managed 541 runs with 76 qualifiers. Also got from lvl 92 to 96 :)

Final score sent to Jingizu.

Well, the fat lady sang. Did somewhere around 3.5k runs. Counter stopped at 21.

Thanks to all the competition and especially my teammates. Kittens! still rule!

Midnight has come and gone here so I'm done!:alright:

I can't remember why I chose to put myself through this once again, but in the end I guess I'm happy that I did. I think in the end I did around 1700 runs.

Good luck to those still running and thanks to my fellow Kittens! for their company during the insanity that is the MFO!

Sent my final score to nepeta. Did 3342 runs with 355 qualifiers (well, and a few dozen Dangoon's and Laying of Hands and so on I didn't pick up...). Oh, and 11 TC3 uniques...yeah, we really should include them in the scoring :p

The first 3300 runs were on/p1, averaging 25.792 seconds per run, the last 142 were on /p3, averaging 27.349 seconds per run. The difference is so small since I improved my runtimes right till the end, so my average run time the last 1000 /p1 runs was probably rather something like 22-23 seconds.
Jaedhann said:
Well, the fat lady sang. Did somewhere around 3.5k runs. Counter stopped at 21.

lol - too lazy to use a counter, heh? :p
Jaedhann said:
Thanks to all the competition and especially my teammates. Kittens! still rule!

Seconded!

Good luck to those still running!

EDIT: Probably the rarest thing to happen during this MFO.

Zaliqai said:
I can't remember
1700 runs
insanity

1700 runs? Not bad for running A85, but for baal?! Must have had an insane runtime. Now it's over, ready to divulge any and all secrets?

My results have been sent. :)

All done here, final result and printouts sent. About 1500 runs, 51 qualifiers, I guess I should make a Sorceress one day. Thank you to JJ for running the MFO , the supervisors for the updates, and everyone who took part.

I'm still here. Sleep-deprived and cranky, but I'm determined to make the most of my remaining time (4.5 hours).

By my calculations, by the time I'm done I will have done around 1200 runs. I'm pretty proud of myself. :D

EDIT: The MF gods don't want me to win. Unique Scissors Suwayyah and a unique Vortex Shield within the same hour. :cry:

Ok, my would be participation in this MFO is over. I finally did some more runs this weekend, replacing my no.1 item with a slightly better one. Too bad I got myself killed twice :rolleyes:

The first death got me thinking, whether there's any point in running Baal without CtA. I got 1-hit killed by a single ordinary doll while amped - here goes 1443 life :whistling: Of course I killed that one on purpose. Well, surprise!

After a break, I resumed the running with no joy whatsoever. My peevish attacks against Lister's pack no matter their mods truthfully reflected my mood. I guess it was not a good idea to tank that mighty/ES one in the end.. Getting a little bit too close to Baal, here comes decrep, and.. Bam :lipsrsealed:

This looks promising, but sadly the drop comes from a witch boss :p

Results sent to jingizu.

Congrats to all the runners, finished or not - I'm looking forward to gawking at the results 👍. Something I was thinking about earlier today - each time the olympics are held they have the paralympics in the same host area and timeframe... maybe someday we could organize an MFPO (MF paralympics) for the folks that are handicapped by RL and constrained to a more modest effort :). I wouldn't want to detract anything from the madness, but it would be fun to participate and I'd feel ridiculous if I ever entered a true MFO.

No udates from me. Pretty horrible score this go-round and my top item will probably be nabbed, but was fun regardless. Should've run Baal in retrospect for the experience it would've netted me. Thanks again jjscud!

I'm done now. I'm crashing in my bed and sending in my update later. Hope you don't mind. Extremely sleep-deprived. :sleep:

Done and gave my stashes a once over.
4267 Pindle runs with 66 qualifiers out of 472 s/u. And from all of those I have decreased my grail hunt by 36 from -148 to -112! And I found a few new eth uniques on top of that. All but one of my top5 are grailers for me. I'm really hoping that I stay in second place and maybe RIP's update get's clogged in the tubes of the internet, bumping me to first and keeping them safe :whistling:.

I am also finished. Final score sent to nepeta. I gave it my best effort and it's going to fall way short. I am actually very disappointed with the drops over the past 3 days. I'm looking forward to building some new characters though.

GG Team!

Thanks jjscud for hosting these MFO and to nepeta for the work as area scorekeeper.

Only 487 runs for me, with 76 qualifiers. Final results with readouts sent your way Jingizu. Hopefully still in the top 5. Notable non-qualifiers below. :p.

Code:
Azure Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 124 of 130
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x578aaad4
Cold Resist +8%
150% Damage to Undead

Blessed Spiderweb Sash of Remedy
Defense: 102
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xdcfb64e5
+62% Enhanced Defense
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Legendary Mallet of Alacrity
One-Hand Damage: 50 to 61
Durability: 116 of 130
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x96059840
20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead

Legendary Mallet of Performance
One-Hand Damage: 61 to 61
Durability: 86 of 130
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7bfe667d
+11 to Minimum Damage
150% Damage to Undead

Scourge of Venom
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 116 of 130
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcadff660
+21 poison damage over 4 seconds
150% Damage to Undead

Ok, well, it's over! I'm very glad to have participated in this MFO. I really enjoyed the competition and hope to have given the pindle guys a run for their money on this.

I also want to thank JJ for hosting this tourney, without which, I wouldn't have made new friends in Zaliquai, Jaedann, Joosh, and Grisu. All of which made the runs much easier to take when it got hard to push through (along with large quantities of caffiene and sugar!).

I'm sure my family will want me back now for awhile. Which I may oblige them, but I do have more builds planned and want to get to work on those now that this is over.

Good job guys on another great MFO!.

I'm through, I'm so beat its not even funny. And of course,today's strong finishing effort netted me 1 stinking qualifier. What a waste.

Anyways, That's again to nepeta, sequana, Jingizu and Zalaqai for running the categories. Please get your results to them asap. That includes full item readouts of your top 5.

The final results I need can be PM'ed to me or sent to my email at [email protected] and should look like the ones here.

Unfortunately I will be travelling for work tomorrow and won't be able to get online until ~3:00 AM Tuesday (GMT). So results will be posted a bit later than I like but hopefully noone will be sitting around all day waiting for that post.

Supervisors, I usually end up chasing down the last one or two results, I will really need your help to chase down everyone in your category. Of course if there's been no posts/results and no responses to a PM, then that's that.

I'm sending my results in now and hopefully I'll be back here in less that 24 hours with the full results.

Edit: And yes, there will be another Pentathlon, because it lasts so long it may not be for a while, but it is coming.

Got to 3518 runs before midnight struck. Considering I was only expecting to do maybe 2k, I'm pleased with that. In total, I spent just a tad under 50 hours (say, 49-1/2?) running. My fingers hurt, my head is sore, I'm extremely short on sleep, I've had to change chairs three times to save my backside and I've probably set my work back a week or so on top of the time spent doing this. But it was fun. Really fun. Thanks to all of you for making it that way, especially for the other alvl85 runners for incredibly tough competition.

I picked up 132 qualifiers, and kept an additional stash of about 900 non-qualifiers. Blizzy ends the MFO with 2 million less experience than she began it with, which is not quite the direction I was hoping that to take.

Thanks to all who volunteered to be supervisors. Taking on the responsibility of keeping track of other's finds while still trying to run your head off is tough. I'll send my finals standing to Zaliqai in just a minute.

On the bright side, the work is over and the drooling over items can begin in earnest soon. For now, we can all sleep. I know I am. G'night.

I'm so sorry about that. I actually passed out right after that post 2 hours ago. I hadn't slept for over 30 hours. I set my alarm before I fell asleep, though, so I'm up again and semi-conscious.

My runs were over 2 hours ago. I am emailing Jingizu my final score in a few minutes. I found 152 qualifiers (I didn't pick up everything, though. Including IK Mauls and such I'd guess a bit more than 200. Next time, I will keep everything for comparing purposes.)

EDIT: -_- I accidentally dumped 19 of my non-qualifiers in the qualifier stash. I only have 133 qualifiers in my stash.

I got extremely lucky this MFO--probably some of the best stretch of good luck I've had in D2, and not just in terms of qualifiers. I believe I will be in the top half in the Baal category, but more than that I can't say. I do know I was competing against very good players, so I'm proud of my achievements. :D

Thank you to:

Supervisors: For a job well done. Like maareek said, it's tough to keep track of so many runners while trying to compete yourselves. You guys kept us updated a lot more frequently than you first promised, which I appreciate. 👅

jjscud: For hosting the MFO. I thoroughly enjoyed my first tournament. I would love to participate in your Pentathlon.

My competitors in the Baal category: For motivating me to run Baal an insane number of times. On Day 6 or so, I was extremely discouraged because I hadn't improved my Top 5 in days and I was dying left and right because of fatigue and carelessness. But my competitive spirit kept me going. Win or lose, you guys were very worthy opponents. :D

My teammates: For being supportive. Great effort, especially in the last few days. I think we were the dark horse team throughout the competition. I look forward to seeing your results. Special shoutout to Thomh for his enthusiasm and generosity.

Great job, everyone. I will post my non-qual finds in maareek's thread tomorrow.

Alright, decided it'd probably be really inconvenient for the Europeans if I waited until after I got up to make the new IFT, so went ahead and took care of that. Hope I didn't write anything stupid because of the lack of sleep and all.

Anyway, it's nappy nap num num time for real.

Done and final score sent to sequana.

Up to now I have full info (top 5 score + readouts) only from Mungo, elmer, JudgeDread and maxicek. :flowers: for them.

*Slaps others*

:)

Awaiting results from nubikoen and skiffcz, the other participants have mailed in theirs already, thank you all!

Baal category is almost ready too, only Kassul is missing...

Thanks for your mails :)

Well, i've been able to do only 300 runs since my last update, without any surprise my final score was not changed...3100 Pindle runs finished, 78 qualifiers found, and i can say that final result overcomed my crazyest dreams..,Found two grailers though, and thats what i've aimed for 👍

@sequana, jingi:I didn't meant to discourage anyone with words - Pindle category is done, but i was so excited at the moment, when i wrote my message, so therefore i could not resist...My apology for that...

@sequana:Full readouts of items sent already, pls, check Your email box..

@bass:I really want this blue bloodlord skull with my nick name, pls 👍

@RIP: I just wanted to say thank you:) Your guardian threads in the past about barbs was what inspired me to make an IKwhirler when I got the armor to drop. You were absolutely right in said threads that he is virtually indestructible, which is the main reason I didn`t det deeds this time around.

I'll send my results when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks for a great MFO all.

I don't say anything. I only tried to be good supervisor, cold, mysterious and also supportive....:yes:

We all can imagine that excitement can be huge in some situations :).

Now i'm waiting only for allenive (and for reply from NacRuno if he was running). Thanks guys.

Final update sent to nepeta.

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Haha, wonderful. Just wonderful.

I'll be away from home a few days, so if it should happen that someone would like to claim my items, you'll just have to wait for a while, sorry :)

I'll be back in the end of the week though.

@skiffcz:
ROFL.
And thank you for playing "around 10 hours" for our team ;)

Btw, I S&E after taking that screenshot, just for teh lulz :D Maybe its best approximation of current state of my mind:

Me: Well, 42 Elite S/Us lying on the groud, do you have nuts to S&E?
Me2: Its gonna be the least crazy thing in past week anyways. *esc-up-enter*
Me: Lol.
Me2: Rotfl.

Id like to thank jjscud for this event, my team for great support (we didnt communicate much except the dualdaily updates when my teammates occupied highest places - feats instead of words!), Id like to post my runner in runner thread, my finds in ift and much much more, but you have to excuse me. I feel being passive right now for a bit :D Not that I am burned out, but its just that Id like to be lazy for a while now :D

pampala pam pa :)

@Thomh:Thanks alot, i've never ever dared to think about my poor threads this way (and im really glad, that they have been usefull for You at least)...If You are interested, check pls possible future Meet the Olympians thread, i want to show up my Pindlebarian here 😉

Anyway thanks alot jj for hosting this tourney, also thanks to all supervisors (yeah, you are doing very needed dirty work), and also thanks to my teamates for their effort 👍

Now, im waiting for final results very impatiently :yes:

As am I, even though they're at least 12 hours away. I even made my screenshot of all the TC87s I found early:badteeth:

Ah, then I have something to do while I wait. Although my screenshot of TC87s will be kind of embarrasing, I have a pretty insane screenshot of runes in the making:)

I have received final results and readouts from jjscud, maareek, Hrus, Jaedhann, Thomh and colony. Thanks guys! :worship:

I have received final results but no readouts from frozzzen, DX-Crawler and bassano. Please send readouts as well.

And I'm waiting for final results and readouts from Joosh, Carolus Rex, DarkChaos, hepcat and Poida. Please don't keep us waiting too long guys (going to PM them as well). :rant:

And that's with an average run time of 7-10 minutes? :crazyeyes: You really deserve to win with that effort!

No secrets really, just a lot of time and a fast runner. I'll be posting in the Olympians thread later though.

EDIT: Just received final results and readouts from DarkChaos.

@skiffcz: hahahahaha, awesome. That's the funniest thing I've seen since Aman trying to win Meph by running Baal and the Pits. ;)

Alright, now that I've had some rest, I'd like to say a few more words. First of all, thanks to jjscud, as always, for running the MFO. The fact that you're still able to keep this going is a huge testament to your dedication, not only to d2, but to the forum.

I'd also like to thank my teammates for the support and the extra drive. I know I wouldn't have been able to push through as many runs as I did if it wasn't for you guys. Win or lose, it was a pleasure running with all of you, and I think we all put in very good showings, especially when you consider everyone but me (I think) was in their first MFO.

@Thomh: I agree with Hrus, it's very impressive the effort you put in with a HC char. RIP's love for his MF running barbs has always impressed me, and I think you carried on that aspect just fine. I hope your finds are worthy of the time you spent.

@essojay: Wow at all those Baal runs after just restarting. Huge congrats. Even if you didn't pass Zaliqai, you should be proud of your achievement.

@elmer: Great effort from you, as well. Congrats on all the improvement to the grail; hope you have fun with your new toys.

@Rummski: I understand real life hampered you a lot, but still I want to thank you for putting in all the time you could to help us out. It's good to see that not only were you willing to do everything you could to help the team, but you have your priorities in order, as well. Hope something worthwile dropped for you.

@other alvl85 runners: I've said before how tough the competition was, but it deserves saying again. You guys were insane, and insanely lucky, as well. When I saw I was eighth at the last update with the score I had, I was shocked. I imagine the results from this MFO may be on an order we'll never see again, and you all deserve congrats for that. I've truly enjoyed competing with all of you, legends and new faces alike.

Ok, think I'm done spamming this thread. I'll see you all in the results thread, but in the meantime don't forget to stop by the IFT and show off your finds.

My finds are pretty great, I can tell you that:whistling: When it comes to barbs, they are pretty darn decent MFers, at least in HC. Especially Pindle(as RIP was running) seems like a pretty nice place for a barb to run.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words, but I have to admit that Essojay probably spent more time than me during this thing.

It doesn`t really matter to me if the final results suck for all of the team, it was still a blast. And we`ll beat them the next time, ok?

Thanks for the kind words. 👍

I can honestly say that without you guys posting here in the thread I don't think I'd have had the motivation to run as much as I did. I ran 24+ hours over the last 3 days after being able to run maybe an hour a day the previous 7. Like I said before I was terribly disappointed with the drops. I can say that I am done running Mephisto in an unlimited runs situation ever again. I won't run him just for fun, for a long while.

Hopefully our team can join forces again in future MFO or other competitions. For your efforts I tip my cap and offer :guiness:

I love that SS skiffcz. Awesome.

I tallied up my final score and sent it to nepeta. I'll be very surprised id I don't finish last. I probably didn't put in more than ~10 hours. The weekend where the MFO started I was still in holiday-mode. That means spending time with the kids and GF. Then work started in crazy-on-meth mode. I was alone to do 2½ peoples job. Clocked in 74 hours, and I'm still behind.

Ah well, I promise next time I won't use that lame "real life" excuse.

GG to all the runners, even more so the supervisors and jjscud for hosting.

I'm looking forward to seeing your haul pics. Mine are not that impressive.

Awww that would have provided my Paladin with Metalgrid golem food for probably the rest of his non retirement :p I've got likely enough now anyhow too :D

I'd like to add my thanks also to the organizers here, really fun tournament, I was in the same boat as Nubikoen, got in about ~12 hours so it'll be you and me at the bottom most likely :D

I tried it on one night, but I just cannot do my job properly without a good sleep :( won't stop me from entering again though!

Sent in my results, wish I could have participated more in the conversation on the MFO but I unfortunately lost my internet a couple days before it began. I still had a good time running Pindle, I started off hot but finished cold with a little under 3k runs and 36 qualifiers.

I've sent completed Act V Superuniques results to jjscud like ~ 1 hour ago, I hope I'm not the very last supervisor so everyone had to wait for me, I just had very busy this morning.

Thanks Sequana and Jingizu, I just need lvl 85 and meph results.

At this point its well outside the normal time limit, nepeta and Zalaqai, lets get in whatever you have, let me know if you didn't receive the full readouts but lets still get the scores up.

If you don't have Meph results, let's make it fast and claim someone (for example me) a winner... :coffee:

@Jingizu: :whistling:

Level 85 Areas final results and readouts sent to jjscud. Thanks everyone! 👍

ok results are in but my last flight is boarding. Results should be up in less than 3 hours.

You're killing us here. :D

3 hours passed already, aren't they? :)

I guees jjscud is writing a VAST txt to make this event even more bigger... :)
Gieb results? :scratchchin:

Gieve a guy some peace, woud ya? The man said "Im on it", so hes on it.

Ok, now I can haz results? :D

No more posts! :p

I'm refreshing the front page every few minutes and each time my expectations are raised and then cruelly shattered......

He's here.....doing something.....I'm imagining him fighting off the minions of Baal himself inorder to type each and every line of a no doubt post of epic proportions! 👋

Or he's just flown in from a full day of working and is so tired he passed out at his keyboard. Patience, grasshoppers; the results will be up when they're up.

F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5 :badteeth:

Sorry guys, it took a few more minutes to get everything together and formatted than I thought it would.

Edit: Ok, so I got a sandwich first too.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High