MFO Summer 2008 Signups [by Drixx]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Drixx on July 2, 2008.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

It's MFO Time - July 2008 signup thread

It's been about six months since the last one wrapped up, so I guess that means it's that time again! Welcome to the July 2008 Magic Find Olympics! (MFO for short). There was some discussion in another thread and I've done my best to accomidate everyone who expressed some concerns, and still remain within the frame of what jjscud began and passed on to me last year.

Without further adieu ... the MFO.

Start date: July 19 2008
End date: July 27 2008

Total time - 9 days. For the purposes of the MFO, July 19th begins at 00:00 local time for you on the morning of the 19th, and will end at 24:00 local time for you at night on July 27th. This is nine complete days.

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))
- teams -- No teams this time, unless there's a big desire for them.

Participants

Anyone who is or has been active at the SPF may enter. However, the supervisors reserve the right to prohibit entry of anyone they see unfit and to disqualify anyone who is cheating.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

[highlight]And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.[/highlight]

Allowed mods RRM, RWM, and CRM. You must post your version and mod status!

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

-DO NOT post your finds, you may ID your finds.

-Email your findings to your area's supervisor within two days after the end of the MFO - by July 29th.

Things to include in your e-mail:
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, we end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

ex:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Drixx

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of multiple find)

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or PM saying so.

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please send updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email. Supervisors will likely post updates every 1-2 days. These updates will list current order but not points.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
with a maximum of 3 items taken from each entrant.

Hardcore players will compete for 1st through 3rd along with the softcore players; however, they may only claim items as prizes from other HC players, and may only have items taken from them by other HC players.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

I would very much like to have a supervisor for each catagory as we have for the MFO for the last couple years. If you're interested in being a catagory supervisor, please pm me..

Also for those interested in what happened last time:
Progress
Results

Last edited:
Re: It's MFO Time - July 2008 signup thread

Thank you for once again organizing the MFO Drixx! 👍

I ran Meph last time and have decided to move up a notch and run the Act V Super Uniques (Pindle) this time.

I will be using my lvl 96 Blizzsorc again (she's my lucky star). If she's anywhere near as successful as she was during the last MFO I will gladly come in last place since the non-qualifiers she found for me were already beyond expectation.

I don't know how many runs I'll be able to do but I hope to reach the 8k mark again.

Personally I would very much like a team competition. But even if there isn't one I will always consider myself a "Kitten".

Sounds good to me, I'll be baaling again, hopefully the challengers will put in more of a fight this year! I plan to go even harder, hopefully find some nice stuff again, good luck everyone!

@Drixx

Where is the team signup area, as I will be signing up as part of a team at some stage, although I think we may be short a fourth member this time.

Joosh 👍

I've been slacking when it comes to MF lately, maybe this can get me motivated. I'll run Pindle and watch my horrible luck get even worse 😉 .

All I want is a lash and baal's got the best odds so Baal it is. I may up to 1.12 soon and I'll post if I do.

Yay! Finally a reason to level my hammerdin some more! Currently level 95...like I said in the announcement: If there should be teams, I could join... this time I do have time for running.

Just asking: I may switch characters if I should die, may I??:scratchhead:

I'm done with B.Net after 2 weeks of ladder, and back to single player. Got a new comp so have none of my previous chars, but I made a orb/nova sorc yesterday and she's now 67 in act 1 hell. This will be my first MFO, I arrived as it ended last time and stopped playing before the next arrived. I don't know yet which area to run, but I can rule out baal runs cause of my crap gear as of now, which leaves pindle, meph, and tunnels(or Maus) as my main options. Suggestions?

Crap. I think I`ll be at vacation that week, but not sure yet :(

MrAkon said:
I'm done with B.Net after 2 weeks of ladder, and back to single player. Got a new comp so have none of my previous chars, but I made a orb/nova sorc yesterday and she's now 67 in act 1 hell. This will be my first MFO, I arrived as it ended last time and stopped playing before the next arrived. I don't know yet which area to run, but I can rule out baal runs cause of my crap gear as of now, which leaves pindle, meph, and tunnels(or Maus) as my main options. Suggestions?
Since you don't have any equipment right now, I would suggest Mephisto. He is the most easy one and will give you plenty of really good items.

My first MFO! I'll run Pindleskin cuz i really need the Griffon's, maybe i end up with two of them lol. The Hero is Damini, the pure lightning sorc 89lvl.

It's OK to bug pindle a lot isn't it, rather than mix it up?
Just checking: any players setting is allowed?
Wasn't there an option to "protect" one item in the last MFO, so it couldn't be taken regardless?

Eskimo will take a break from teleing for Baal runs to pound pindle into submission, she's found Vex, Jah, so the S/Us are due to drop

I'm not decided where to run yet, but it seems a good opportunity to level some characters.

Will we get to protect one item this time?

Oh man, I was really waiting to be able to take part, as last time I couldn't. My current situation allows maybe 15 mins gaming per day on average, and I guess that's not enough :p

However, this coming week, the missus and the kid are away, so I'll have the whole evenings to mf like crazy. How about I do it this week? No? :whistling:

I guess I'll do it anyway, I'll just pretend I'm in the MFO. At least the Tyraels I find will be safe... And I will find it.

i'll be running on p3 this time. See if it makes any difference

lionheartthebrave said:
Wasn't there an option to "protect" one item in the last MFO, so it couldn't be taken regardless?
Yeah, I remember that one. Hope you can protect one item? I don't want to lose that Tyraes's I will find ;-) What do you say, Drixx?

btw, fixing the table by adding Alucard again - he and lionheart posted almost simultaneously... :)

I'd like to see the item protection back in; to my mind that's an essential part of the MFO.

As are teams. I'd like to see those in too. I would certainly go for being in a team for bragging rights.

I'll be in Greece from the 23rd till after the MFO ends. I'll take part next time round though.
Best of luck to everyone competing and remember to enjoy yourselves!

I'll be checking the IFT and results posts when I get back and I'm expecting to see multiple Tyraels!

If protection of items is available, then im defintly in. My lvl 92 blizzballer is on a mission to get to 99 so this can take out a decent chunk hopefully.

Will run baal and up for joining/making a team.

When is the deadline for signing up?

I thought I'd join for fun and checked the dates. I have a whopping 2 days off from work during that time 😁 Well, not even a fun participation from me.

Good luck for all the runners 👍

ps.

GO KITTENS!

Going to run pindle with my pure blizz sorc.
I did Mephisto last time and between that and the Mephathon in December I don't think he can drop anything I don't already have. So I'll try the SuperUniques this time. However I may change my mind if no one else signs up for Mephisto, that way I can win a category 😁
I'm in - for once. Running Pindleskin, and hoping my luck holds :D

Can you compete in more than one category? Because my Blizzsorc has a pretty good Ancient Tunnels map…

My first attempt at a MFO, i'm going to be the first to brave the Mephisto category.

Don't know what I am going to go for, but if my hammerdin gets patted by then I''' probably run Baal with him. Otherwise, I'm gonna run AT with my meteorber

My first MFO. Let's see how much stamina I have for dedicated Baal running...
I will be running Baal mostly for exp, but I don't mind if I get some good loot during the process :smug:

I definetely would like to have an option to protect one item...

i r 1.12 now

Wow, lots of activity in the last few hours. To answer some questions:

1.) If you die with a HC character, you may of course put another character at risk. There's no set character to use.

2.) You may run more than one area if you like; however, take a look at the past MFO scores... the top few in each catagory usually do an extrordinary number of runs.

3.) This is the 3rd MFO I'm organizing and I've not used the protect 1 item rule before, nor did jjscud the mfo immediately prior to me taking over, so it's been two years at the least since an MFO had that rule (unless I'm hallucinating?). I'd gladly see a discussion about it in the thread though ... reasons for and against.

4.) Looks like there's enough outcry for teams to make it worthwhile. Since Thyiad added them, I guess she's gonna be the team supervisor ;p

5.) I've gotten four volunteers for area supervisors and I think each of them will do just fine so that's squared away already, thanks for the fast response.

6.) You may run on any players setting you desire. Additionally, you may focus on any eligable target in your catagory. So if you are alvl85 areas you can do any of them or all of them. Additionally, the A5SU catagory is almost always just pindle... very few go and do the others as they are more time consuming and often not worth the bother, IMHO.

I am happy to supervise teams as I am expecting zero updates from at least one fledgling team. :D

Personally, I like the idea of a protected item... Most people are going to be adding some grailers and it would really stink to have that WF you have been looking for some 3k Pindle runs before the MFO taken from you as soon as you got it. Having one protected item shouldn't hurt the spirit of the MFO I don't think as most people don't take items anyway from what I saw.

Drixx said:
3.) This is the 3rd MFO I'm organizing and I've not used the protect 1 item rule before, nor did jjscud the mfo immediately prior to me taking over, so it's been two years at the least since an MFO had that rule (unless I'm hallucinating?). I'd gladly see a discussion about it in the thread though ... reasons for and against.

Reasons for: it's a wonderful "wealth tax". i.e. the wealthy usually win and take from the less wealthy. Wealthy here can mean item wealth or time wealth.

Reasons against: It's not fun to give up grailers and Diablo should be played for fun. I sure had fun in a previous MFO when I found a Stormlash in the Meph category but the fun stopped because someone else found a Stormlash and a bit more and decided that the only thing he would take from anyone was my Stormlash. Yes I'm still bitter because I haven't found another. :wine: Yes I also took items in that MFO but felt guilty later. So the translation is for me, MFO does not equal fun without protection in some form.

I would probably participate in Baal if there was some form of protection. My personal opinion is that the MFO prize would be much cooler if you won some interesting item like a personalized prize from the host or something like that. I remember one person that wanted to collect ears from the people that came in 2nd, 3rd, etc and that was pretty clever. I think taking items is a poor prize because there are so many people that play self-found that they wouldn't take anything anyway. Also, as a vanilla player, there's really no reason for me to take something from others except for spite.

I agree on protecting an item and for the above reasons.

Most of the SPF are pretty good and do refuse prizes or come up with the ears idea (Naab?). However, I remember the complete .... greed that was once shown by someone now gone from this forum requesting a ridiculous number of good items from those less-well off (five death cleavers or 'lashs IIRC).

+1 for nominating a protected item.

I'm amazed that one item protection was removed, I honestly believed it was still in place.

Hmm, I just Mated my sorc, and I don't think Baal could look more inviting...:scratchchin:

WSK2
WSK3

Now, let's see if I can get good enough at Baal running by the 19th...:crazyeyes:

edit: About the item protection...I don't think it would be a bad thing to have. Maybe make it optional to protect one item? I mean, you should be guaranteed something for your efforts at least.

So, I'm all for it. +1 to item protection. Maybe we should start a poll in the thread?

I am stoked for this. I have not made it to 1.12 yet (I'm like two trades away from FTS) but I'll list myself as such since I am going to convert before the MFO.

Now, if I could just find a Shako before the tourney starts....I've found almost 40 other grailers in my quest to get a Shako but can't seem to get Meph to drop one to save my life.

Edit: Dang! I should have looked at who else was participating in level 85 areas. I have my work cut out for me.
Having never played a MFO I'm really excited to be joining in on this one, thankfully the summer break has just begun so I'll have a lot of time to dedicate to this, I'd like to run Baal or Pindle for lots of grailers, however I'd like to finish up the rest of the grailers that Mephisto has to offer. I'm missing a few key items from him and I think this would be a good chance to motivate myself for finding them, can't seem to stop running Baal at the moment.

I'll be running with my level 90 Hammerdin, probably because he's my only character that can magic find at Hell at the moment since my semi-recent self-enforced restart. I'd also like to vouch for the item protection addition, as if I do get lucky and find a prized item, I'd be very annoyed to lose it.

Good luck to all the contestants, thanks for organising it Drixx, and good luck to all the Mephisto runners, you'll have your hands full for the coming week. 👍

Edit: I'm not going to risk using the table, as I'm scared of ruining it, if someone could sort it for me, that would be appreciated. I'm using RRM and RWM and am v1.12 Softcore.

Edit 2: Thanks Grisu.

-Juicy Cheese

I'll probably be 1.12a before the thing starts.
As for item protecting - NO.

Most of the current contenders are not vicious in their item pickings. I wouldn't be so worried :)

Imo item protection belongs in the little league mf-competitions like the Pindlethon and MFL, this is where the big boys play! ;)

I'm not a boy. :p

@Eric below - Thanks.

You get to keep your newly found barbie dolls Thy.

*hides

I see that poor meph has only 2 runners , so I'll be third.

Baal and I are presently having a heated discussion on the unbearable lightness of being. I might as well have the fruits of that discussion count toward a competition!

I'll gladly bring up the rear, Thy. I've got 0 MF, so you're safe.

Still on the fence about item protection. I still haven't found the previous mfo where it was used.
yes i only wrote down RRM. the mac version i have somehow only has rrm and not rwm

Drixx said:
Still on the fence about item protection. I still haven't found the previous mfo where it was used.

That's because it doesn't exist. Everyone is thinking of the Pindlethons, Mephaton and other MF tournaments, but the MFO hasn't had such a feature for a couple years at least.

Drixx said:

I can simplify that, it wasn't, ever. You're running it now so ultimately its up to you, but don't bother looking, its not there.

dang, pawn-ed

I'd like to add another vote for item protection. It's not like there won't still be a bunch of great items for the winners to choose from. I just hate to see people lose a grailer or some other item they've been looking for for years.

i'm going to vote against. MFOs are about giving it your all and you can always try to trade to get the item back. I think i've seen that in the past.

I vote for item protection. On last MFO I found Giswolds caddy (crappy one, but still Griswolds caddy), and lost it :(

jjscud settled it. When I took over the mfo, to me it was about continuing an awesome tradition that he passed on to me. Additionally, since it's used in the other MF tournaments throughout the year, it seems right to me that the big daddy one the Magic Find [highlight]Olympics[/highlight] should carry a bit more risk.

I'm sorry to those of you who this disappoints.

Simple solution: don't lose. Or my solution: don't find anything worth taking.:badteeth:

I think it should remain the way it always has, no protection, it's only fair. If you happen to find an awesome grailer, then you work your arse off to keep it :)

Joosh
Eric Xanthu said:
my solution: don't find anything worth taking.
Qft :guiness: I'm fine with no protection, since protection never did me much good in the other MF tournaments anyway.

It's quite all right to introduce your olympians in this thread as well. It would be kind of cool to see what everyone is going to be running with :)

When is the close date for signups.

Signups will close the day before the MFO begins.

I'm in!

Adding myself at the lvl 85 areas. Going to run pits or AT with my Blizzballer.

Be afraid, Thy. I'm on a brutal dry spell of no good drops from Baal. Looks like it will end just as the MFO begins...you may need someone else to bring up the rear!

Dash will sign up for pindle
Gah, screw it. Coming back for MFO :punk:
HC Vanilla in Mephisto category this time.

Darkoooo said:
Gah, screw it. Coming back for MFO :punk:
HC Vanilla in Mephisto category this time.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

The team is back, kittens will prevail! Prepare yourselves :smug:

Joosh 👍
I'm in, Meph this time. I still need 87 items for my grail and Meph can drop about half of them. Wouldn't mind a few more Shakos/Skullder's/Ravens either.

I'll be running with my blizzy. She's level 83 at the moment but I'll level her a bit at Pindle's before the MFO. Only ~250 MF at the moment as she's missing Occy/Shako/Tal's pieces but hopefully that'll improve before the MFO is over.

If it's still up for debate, I'm for protecting one find.

aman said:
Dash will sign up for pindle

Indeed he will.

Sorry but i need to pull out of MFO. I wont be available that week for play.

I just updated to 1.12a.

Welcome back Darkoooo! :punk:

Going to have to drop out before it even starts, just found out my nephew will be coming to visit me for about half the MFO time. Sorry for the trouble.

I would like to sign up for this even though I just recently started playing again and had to start over.

I should have either my fishymancer or my meteorb sorc up to hell meph by the time this starts.

I would like to sign up for hell meph. I don't want to touch the code block though :scratchchin: because I know I'll mess it up.

Thanks.

-ks

edit: oh yeah running 1.12a with no mods.

Just noticed I was listed as vanilla, corrected that to RRM/RWM. I'm still on 1.11b right now but I'll upgrade before the MFO starts.
Changed the list around to make it easier to read based on HC/SC and version. Also a bump.

I'm in. The problem is my IT skills are quite poor so if someone could explain to me how the code thing works. Also its my first tournament so I don't quite get the idea of teams. If some kind and patient enough person could explain this two little things to me that would be great.

I'm in with my hammerdin. Tried to clean it up a little bit more

@Fishpowered

Basically, just quote someone, delete the quote command and add your name under wherever you want to run. If you want, just tell me what category you would like to compete in along with your version/mod status and I'll add you.

Thanks for the advice, it seems to be working. So beware my begginer's luck.😉
I have small dilemma. Should I make a sorc with say 600mf or stick with my javazon with 400 mf. Does the 200mf makes that much difference in pindleruns?:scratchchin:

I've always found staying awake in Pindle runs being the problem.

The teams are for bragging rights; basically one of the team each run in a separate category and the overall score of the team is used to determing the winning team. I see supercrab, skinny and cygnus would make a team with someone running an act5 S/U.

Oh; you need a team name. Certainly that's the hardest part, I think.

I'm going to have to pull out of this one before it begins, which is a shame, and once again I don't want to ruin the table, so if someone could remove me it would be appreciated... I'll work it out one day.

Thyiad said:
I've always found staying awake in Pindle runs being the problem.

The teams are for bragging rights; basically one of the team each run in a separate category and the overall score of the team is used to determing the winning team. I see supercrab, skinny and cygnus would make a team with someone running an act5 S/U.

Oh; you need a team name. Certainly that's the hardest part, I think.

Skinny,Cygnus,Drixx and me have already formed a team,we are just missing a name:p

OMG!!! They have Drixx in their team!!! That's just not fair - who can compete with - what was it again last time ... 11000 Mephisto runs in 9 days?!?!:crazyeyes:

Noenthelsess - added myself as looking for team members (running Baal) - so if there are 2 more people willing to build a team in addition to Fishpowered (if you're looking for a team, that is) and me, we could make a fourth team.

@Fishpowered: About which character to choose: Have you tested your run times with each? I'd take that one with the better run times. Only if those are really close, I'd take that one with the higher MF. You know all the cheesy tricks about running Pindle, do you? (use "Harmony" runeword on switch, run in windowed mode with "-ns")

@Juicy Cheese: Sorry to see you're withdrawing...removed you from the table.

Sure we could build a team. As for the pindleruns I'm running him with lf zon and its very quick, I do use harmony and enigma for frw, it usually takes only 2 shots to kill him so its really quick. I think I'll probably stick to her, because I'm used to her.

@Naab - I still say we should be team kitten killers.

@Grisu - And I still lost :(

Im out as well. Not as much time as anticipated round then. Looking forward to the results though :p.

Drixx said:
@Naab - I still say we should be team kitten killers.

That would make you look rather redicoulous after the results are out.

Drixx said:
@Grisu - And I still lost :(
Shush! You didn't have to tell everyone ;) There are a lot of new faces who would never have guessed and/or checked last year's results :)
Hope you have more luck with Pindle this time!

Fishpowered said:
Sure we could build a team. As for the pindleruns I'm running him with lf zon and its very quick, I do use harmony and enigma for frw, it usually takes only 2 shots to kill him so its really quick. I think I'll probably stick to her, because I'm used to her.[/quotwe]
Now that's what I call "properly equipped"...hehe...

so - any Act V Superunique or Mephisto runners interested in team play?

Just added myself to the looking for team table. Anything I should know about before participating in this tourney, or any tourney for that matter? Like some tips or stuff like that ?:)

It looks like unless more sign up, the HCers are playing for fun this time around :) - No catagory has two HC players.
RTB in an MFO :shocked:

Just tidying up. How about ANTYYPYLFIYPYLFOYPYLFIAYSIAA for a team name?

Skinny said:
Just tidying up.

Errr...Skinny, I'm sure you meant well...but IIRC the table was designed that way on purpose to divide the people into groups according to their version status and HC/SC??? :whistling:

Fixed the ill concieved tidy job.

...Now also alphabetic, for your viewing pleasure!

((and no, I'm not in there))

for jjscud whats the difference between CRM and RRM? corrupted, you're currently listed playing 1.12 in the 1.11 category of A5SU. Also by making it alphabetical serdash isn't at the bottom of the list anymore.

@RTB: not much competition in your category, eh?

Hay you gaiyz playing 1.11, its not too late to upgrade!

Whoa, Corr, jjscud and RTB are in this!!!?? I'm joining the lvl 85 areas.

moo-cow said:
@RTB: not much competition in your category, eh?
It only means I can't take any items (which I have no intention of doing so), but in theory the top three can take items from me.

Yeah, got my machine up and running. Only patching left. Mephisto this month to get back to the feeling and something else next month. :)

I'm in, entering the lvl 85 areas category. I assume I can MF in various lvl 85 areas? I have several builds that need levelling and this competition will give me the motivation to get off my rear and get on with it.

CRM = Colored Rune Mod and allows the user to color their runes any color they desire.
RRM = Red Rune Mod and just makes all rune text red

the alvl85 areas are listed in the first post :) ... it's nearly time... can we feel the excitement?

I'M EXClTED

Depends. What does excitement look like and does he insist on dinner?

Totally in, though there's a chance I'm away monday till thursday *hides*

And I reserve the right to change my category to A5SU, depending on a theoretical team.

Bah, I still need to get my hammerdin patted first...watch me put it off and furiously just tele through the rest of hell Friday night

I'm in. Pindle and his friends. :nod:

Added a 4th team consisting of naittiII, Fishpowered, Phosheez and myself. We have no name yet, but I thought I'd declare our team nonetheless...to spread terror among the other teams:evil2:
How do you kill which has no name?:mua: or how did that one go again???

Beware, the mighty Ugla is (almost) back from vacation, ready to rule the Baal-cathegory, or at least the vanilla part of it :whistling:

OT: Our bike-trip was fine, esp. if you don't count steady rain which took over most of our country for the last ten days or such :badteeth: Since the rest of our group is rushing to Poland (throughout eastern Moravia), I left them today and decided to stay with my aunt for a few days, who lives in the Highlands. I don't have my D2 discs with me, but at least I can annoy you here on the forums :jig: making some half-day trips in the meantime. I could also start writing Baal-running miniguide I've been pondering about for some time :scratchchin:

@Hrus&HP: we could make a vanilla team if we write a Meph-running scri... I mean find one more player with working schedule *hides*

EDIT: added the info from San's post (too slow typing)

Decided there was no reason not to update to 1.12.

not something that was covered i think: what if the number 5 item has the choice between better/worse stats or normal/eth. players discretion like in the past or something formal?

Seeing as how I'm already signed up for a team, I might as well sign up officially.

-CG

I think mr pindle is going to hate me... Really REALLY hate me. :evil:

moo-cow said:
not something that was covered i think: what if the number 5 item has the choice between better/worse stats or normal/eth. players discretion like in the past or something formal?

Its up to the player. This situation can also happen with items that have same point value ie I protected a GF last MFO because I had another item with the same point value I could put in the 5th spot.

Must have pretty highlighted code.

Ok here goes... I've just started Uni again, but I've got two weekends free, stuck in a town 200km away from my family and friends... perfect... :scratchchin:

I'm sorry but I need to pull out of this one. Next week wasn't as uncommited as I thought it was. Good luck to everyone, and may more then one Tyraels drop!

Just updated that I moved to 1.12a.

Since it seems newcomers are welcome too, let me participate.

--Greebo

Mungo said:
*signed up

you are not going to run with the half-arsed barb are you. If you do I give up beforehand.

Why is Kira's Guardian on the Baal scores but not on any of the others? Just curious.

That's probably my fault.

In some way, Kira's is technically a Exceptional but its got a higher rlvl than griffons and cannot be found from any Nightmare target (in fact only high level Hell targets can drop it). IMHO its the reverse of an upped exceptional item (exp unique in an elite base), its an elite item made in an exceptional base.

I dance back and forth between the "technical" definition and the fact that it acts like an EU. I probably updated the Baal sheets for one of the mini-MFOs where I felt more comfortable scoring things the way I wanted.

I can change this back if anyone feels real strongly about it, but I can also guarantee that if your score is counting on Kira's, it really doesn't matter much.😉

Don't worry Jaedhaan the half-assed one is semi retired now, I expect to finish last as I intend to run the RoF with my polearm barb.

I'm gonna go ahead and sign up for Meph even though I don't have much time, just to see how I compare. Just mat'd a Blizz sorc, I might have time later to put an intro thread up.

ok, signups are closed. the progress thread will be up in a few minutes. As a reminder, the MFO starts when it hits midnight friday (tonight) in your time zone. Those in East Asia and Australia will already be able to start now.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High