MFO Summer 2006 Results [by jjscud]

Out of curiosity and from an observer's standpoint, I'm wondering how the rankings would change if they were normalized by number of MF runs.

That is, take each score and divide by the number of runs for that target.

It would give an indication of how "lucky" each participant was to find those items in that many runs. :fortuneteller:

Psychic Watch said:
Out of curiosity and from an observer's standpoint, I'm wondering how the rankings would change if they were normalized by number of MF runs.
Or a metric like score divided by the number of qualifiers found.

Example:
Me: score 38.0, qualifiers: 43 --> 0.**
Cormallon: score 63.4, qualifiers 26 --> 2.43
hrus: score 74.8, qualifiers 122(right?) --> 0.61
(assuming that any EU/elite set has been picked up by the contestants)

According to the LBM (lucky bastard metric), Hrus lost. Yet he scored highest. This just goes to prove that luck is certainly not the deciding factor in winning in the MFO. Determination is also key.

Skinny said:
Corrupted, are you trying to tell me you found all those runes running Tunnels? :yikes:

All in all, unbelievable finds :starry: This must be the best MFO item-wise in olympic history:shocked:

Congratz to all the winners and thanks to the supervisors and jjscud for the hard work

*shoots himself*
Pits, /players7

Hrus said:
Splendid. (Poor Cormallon)
Hehe, no prob. I have another Death's Web from the spring MFO, I can easily give up this one. I vaguely remember that the stats of my find this time weren't that good, either.... but we'll see in a couple of hours.

I didn't count the amount of runs, but I estimate 80-90 hours invested, nearly fullclears (Didn't always bother hunting down a few devilkins/archers when they ran away), 4-5 minutes a run.

Here's my map, it held three shrines on my path. The map was pretty tight with a focus on killing alot of monsters fast rather than just following a one-way path killing only bosspacks

@nepeta + DC

If you guys do decide to loot, all my items are available other than my non-qualifiers, 1 * schaeffers, 1* tomb reaver. I would rather you would leave me my 4 o-socket griz caddy but .... (I am only obliged to give my top five to loot right? Other items are my choice?)

i don't think I can post a flavie report (and too many elite uniques to count) so look and pick from my picture (2*schaeffers, Nightwings being the unknowns). If you still don't want anything from there, I can send you the rest of my stash (freewebs/jantia is being used for Salvo's giveaway) and you can pick and choose.

I will also wait my turn until deciding what to loot.

AJK said:
Or a metric like score divided by the number of qualifiers found.

Example:
Me: score 38.0, qualifiers: 43 --> 0.**
Cormallon: score 63.4, qualifiers 26 --> 2.43
hrus: score 74.8, qualifiers 122(right?) --> 0.61
(assuming that any EU/elite set has been picked up by the contestants)

According to the LBM (lucky bastard metric), Hrus lost. Yet he scored highest. This just goes to prove that luck is certainly not the deciding factor in winning in the MFO. Determination is also key.
I actually like the LBM. According to that I would have scored a 4.02 and would have blown the copetition away! However, this is all about time invested and determination. I invested all the time i could and was determined to do well. Unfortuantly I did not have a character who could teleport and that made my runs take around 10 to 15 minutes.

nepeta said:
LORD NIKON deserves a special mention too, because as the supervisor for the Mephisto category I've seen him frenzy over his (correct I may say now) suspicion Ohomemgrande had found a Lash, and he ran an ran and ran, Mephi 's bound to have nightmares a year hence still. I hope he puts up a victory screenshot as well, I've had a readout, but I'm sure it 'll look more impressive on the tapestry that height rogue's camp.
Congratulations LORD NIKON. I figured my chances of winning were pretty good when the Lash dropped on the morning of the 2nd day but got worried when I saw how many runs he did (about 4X what I did if I remember correctly).

Still, this was a lot of fun but I think I'm gonna take a short break and play with my kids for a couple of weeks now.

So since I'm in new trader probation time, that means I can't send out my Stormlash in case LORD_NIKON wants a second??? :hide:

So now I'll wait to see what LORD_NIKON wants and then I'll make some picks!!

-Jason

Ahh, my finds were enough to win! Some crazy running for me, especially seeing as as real life kept coming up at random.

nepeta: Nice find that Mang's, you came up a lot from whining / being scared in IRC to take a cool second place.

People in the A5SU/Baal categories: Fear not, I will not be collecting loot. I thought about it long and hard and while I would like to build a SC character or two to be able to play with Marvel, I'd still rather do it with what I find on my own. Your finds are safe from me, people -- what use does a self-found HCer like me want with a bunch of RWM // RRM SC items anyway! :rolleyes:

The 2 Sacred Armors were just Karma... and while I would have loved to have found a second Tyrael's, I figured you'd all call h4x if I did anyway -- the 2 Templars are well deserved, seeing as I am still under the Templars : Tyrael's ratio anyways.

Was nice to find my...
4th Web (2/46 -- one of the only items that rolled well in the lot, but still below my best)
6th Mang's
6th Windforce
6th Schaefer's
... the Fathom did annoy me however. I'm up to a total of 3 now, with 2 of them being 15% and the best one being 16%. Ouch.

Anyways, despite having abysmal rune luck (always have had bad luck @ Baal -- quarter through 98 and the best rune ever in Throne is an Um, off a random minion a long time ago while questing!), the hauls are still rather nice. Without further ado, the Pindle and Baal hauls:

A5SU (Pindle) Haul

Baal Haul

Thanks to everyone for participating, jjscud for hosting, and all the area supervisors for making this MFO a great one. Also, thanks to Pindle and Baal for donating all the loot, and thanks to Blizzard for making this damned obsession... err... game!

monsinour said:
Unfortuantly I did not have a character who could teleport and that made my runs take around 10 to 15 minutes.
Not being able to teleport shouldn't have that much of an impact in the ALVL85 competition. I used teleport to skip the (already short) distance from the WP to the tunnel entrance, that spared me about a second or two. Inside the tunnels, I rarely used TP, the boss packs were right next to the entrance. Perhaps you should look for a better map.

i'd just like to point out that I found more TC 87 Set items than DC.

In all seriousness....WTF 6 * Mangs? Meh.

Anyways, next MFO, I'm running whatever DC isn't running. With all respect to the rest of the competition, its hard to keep up a pace, when you know, that no matter how much you run, you won't win.

Wow, this thread makes me want to cry, heh. I did in all actuallity quite a few runs with nearly 500 mf. I would say at least 5000 runs, and as you saw, my finds were awful. I would love some of that stuff I've seen in the screenshots... guess I need to just run more.

Pindle or Areas better running?

Well, this was very nice!

Congrats to team ITAM on all first places!! We put up a fair competition nevertheless....

Congrats to the supervisors and jjscud as well for setting it up...

And congrats to my team for being so cool! Specially nepeta for lending me some equipment 😁

All in all, I saw that fourth place coming, even though at the beginning of the tournament I thought I'd do a lot worse! I think it wasn't THAT bad for my first MFO(maybe i deserve a "special n00b mention", heh).

Anyway NIKON'S "n" runs were too much for me...we'll see next time :scratch: , when i start running with a char other than a meteorb! heh

EDIT:

Actually, that makes it more fun, jantia 😁

EDIT 2: Our team name is still the coolest, besides I came up with it(don't i deserve a prize too? :hide: )

BIG congratz and awe to all winners, y'all deserve it.
Mean while for my category I have this for loot:

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 128 to 157
Durability: 57 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x443ad58
+220% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
40% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Undead
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
Socketed (4: 0 used)
drop me a PM

-salvo, Ironwolves

Well, I'm quite happy with my 5th palce finish. I've never run Baal before, and didn't realize just how stingy he is! I'm at work, but I'll post screenie/loot info tonight. Congrats to all the catagory winners! Thanks goes to jjscud for hosting the MFO, and all the supervisors for collecting data!

GG team Gib Itamz! very respectable 2nd place!! 👍

Well, I don't have a fancy pic. Not my still. I prefer boring you to death while you have to read all that thing :laugh:

Alma Negra (4) | Andariel's Visage (2) | Arachnid Mesh (7) | Arioc's Needle (13) | Azurewrath (1)
Baranar's Star (11) | Blackoak Shield (7) | Blood Raven's Charge (8 ) | Bloodmoon (8 ) | Bonehew (14)
Boneshade (2) | Cerebus' Bite (1) | Credendum (6) | Dangoon's Teaching (15) | Dark Adherent (24)
Demon Limb (12) | Demonhorn's Edge (2) | Demon's Arch (7) | Djinn Slayer (13) | Doombringer (1)
Dracul's Grasp (3) | Eschuta's Temper (5) | Ethereal Edge (14) | Flamebellow (9) | Gimmershread (16)
Harlequin Crest (6) | Head Hunter's Glory (1) | Heaven's Light (4) | Hellrack (7) | Hellslayer (7)
Horizon's Tornado (2) | Immortal King's Stone Crusher (35) | Jade Talon (16) | Kira's Guardian (4) | Laying of Hands (24)
Lightsabre (1) | Marrowwalk (10) | M'avina's Caster (1) | Naj's Puzzler (8 ) | Natalya's Shadow (14)
Nord's Tenderizer (5) | Nosferatu's Coil (4) | Ondal's Wisdom (2) | Ormus' Robes (9) | Razor's Edge (7)
Runemaster (3) | Sandstorm Trek (7) | Sazabi's Ghost Liberator (3) | Shadow Killer (6) | Soul Drainer (4)
Spike Thorn (1) | Spirit Keeper (1) | Steel Shade (2) | Stoneraven (4) | Stormlash (1)
Stormshield (5) | The Gladiator's Bane (7) | The Reaper's Toll (9) | The Redemeer (1) | Thunderstroke (9)
Verdungo's Hearty Cord (4) | Viperfork (6) | Warshrike (1) | Windhammer (7) | Wizardspike (10)
Wolfhowl (5)

The Stormlash

And now, the unpleasant part. YOUR SOULS ARE MINE! Er, I mean I will be taking items.

@Ohomemgrande: I would like to have your Stormlash.

To the other participants: Take care and better luck in the next edition of the MFO 👍

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High