MFO Autumn 2017 Signups and Progress [by Grape]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Grape on Oct 10, 2017.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Welcome to the 2017 Autumn MFO! It's time to have the magic finding event of the Single Player Forum, where legends are made
and even some golden Sacred Armors finally found...!

Prepare your characters, your mind and get hyped for the biggest SPF event of 2017!

Start time: November 3rd 2017, 00:00 local time
End time: November 12th 2017, 23:59 local time

Total time - 10 days.

Most of the text below is courtesy of previous hosts, namely nulio and Fabian. I'll just shamefully copy most of the text of the previous MFO posts. If I forgot something let me know.

Quick Intro

MFO stands for Magic Finding Olympics. For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of three targets and runs that target like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds updated scoresheets below and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas

- In the interest of sportsmanship, please PM regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Grape

Level 85 Areas
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

I will need 1-3 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one. Supervisors will be updated here later. I need at least one, because I'll run alvl85 myself, and it would be cool to stay unaware of the results of that one until the end.

Things to include in your PM (Progress and final upates):
- Title should contain MFO
- Your forum name
- The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

- If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor a PM saying so.

PMyour score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.

I'd like to receive updates from:
- The first three days (Friday and weekend) until the end of Monday, November 6th
- The first seven days (until 11:59 PM of Thursday) until the end of Friday, November 10th
- Final score as soon as you can, please just send it when you finish playing for the MFO

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods: any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later. If you're not familar with forum accepted mods (FAM), please read the rules!

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.

Do not post any qualifiers found during the MFO! Here or in the IFT.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of two players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

We had a little discussion earlier, and I decided to keep this part of the tradition. You don't have to claim anything, but please give if you're asked.

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

Previous "good sportsmanship" suggestions:

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

These won't be enforced but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Nulio created an excel file that can help you several things:
1. 'Tables' sheet has all the scores
2. 'Point Calculator' sheet allows you to list all your finds and calculates your score
a) You have to indicate the category
b) If you are playing more than one category, duplicate the sheet
c) To allow automatic timestamping you need to turn the iterative calculation (File > Options > Formulas > Enable iterative calculation). If you don't want it just delete the column
d) To allow auto completion of cells you need to turn it on (File > Options > Advanced > Enable AutoComplete For Cell Values).
3. 'Rankings' sheet can help supervisors... supervise

If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS MFOs (in the tournament listings thread).

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited:
Woot woot. New project! AT Blizzard Sorc, [1.13 SC FAM]
Ok so I have about a month to get my SC Sorc Hell AT-ready.
Good luck all, will signup later if I can manage to progress far enough before start.
Woot, hype !!!

I wouldn't mind to be supervisor for a category, although I also play A85, so can't help you there I'm afraid.
Woot! this gives me an excuse to get started on my sept.
though, like @Yng, I will hold off on signing up until I get a character into Hell.

Perhaps a bowazon.. which category would she do the best in?
Gynli said:
though, like @Yng, I will hold off on signing up until I get a character into Hell.

Pit or CS but it's a lot more gear dependent to have enough damage output to clear it efficiently.
You're probably much better off going LF considering the time frame unless you were planning to transfer gear onto it.
Is there a maximum number of players allowed per catagory? This is my first MFO, and I do notice the lvl85 catagory is filling up fast!!!
Never has been before.
An autumn MFO, what is this new sorcery?

I might play, but I probably won't have time. We'll see.
Gynli said:

Depends on build. If you're going with FA, i'd suggest either AT because of no cold immunes. Though you will lose, because anything teleporting will kick your ass real bad. But still a good place to run.

Other option would be Baal. Usually less run and also run with less MF by most people. Which makes the lack of MF on a FA zon less of an issue. If you have a good map it can be a good place to run. Though i ran it with a decked out zon, which helps tremendously ofc. Otherwise you may struggle depending on spawns. Good option to gain some lvls though.
Yng said:
Ok so I have about a month to get my SC Sorc Hell AT-ready.
Good luck all, will signup later if I can manage to progress far enough before start.
Cool! SC AT Sorc? I'm sure you can do it before start? ;) Those can basically run naked there!

T72on1 said:
Woot, hype !!!

I wouldn't mind to be supervisor for a category, although I also play A85, so can't help you there I'm afraid.

Hype indeed! I'll just supervise it myself if it gets down to that.

Gynli said:

Cool, hope you make it on time! I agree with Cyrax here. If you make an FA zon, AT is quite easy (though still maybe mana problems could occur), physical/hybrids I'd run Pits with. If you can handle it, Baal will probably be your category if you want to have a shot at winning.

darkstarhub said:
Is there a maximum number of players allowed per catagory? This is my first MFO, and I do notice the lvl85 catagory is filling up fast!!!

No limits! Welcome!

Fabian said:
An autumn MFO, what is this new sorcery?

I might play, but I probably won't have time. We'll see.

Dark sorcery indeed!

Would be fun to see you dropping by, for whatever amount of time!
Grape said:
Cool, hope you make it on time! I agree with Cyrax here. If you make an FA zon, AT is quite easy (though still maybe mana problems could occur), physical/hybrids I'd run Pits with. If you can handle it, Baal will probably be your category if you want to have a shot at winning.
I'd advise against Pits with any amazon build. It's just too far away. Amazon can use that RW that gives vigor, but it still takes ages and cast speed is just too low. But that may just be because i'm too competitive. If you just want to participate Pits is a nice option for a full out bowie or hybrid as others said.
Cyrax said:
I'd advise against Pits with any amazon build. It's just too far away. Amazon can use that RW that gives vigor, but it still takes ages and cast speed is just too low. But that may just be because i'm too competitive. If you just want to participate Pits is a nice option for a full out bowie or hybrid as others said.
Javazon is one of the best P7 builds along with poison nec. But, I don't know, all builds are quite far away from Pitzerker when it comes to efficiency in MFO.

@Fabian playing hype hype

Still thinking about category....
Signed up! Just managed to make my first ever guardian; Gray, the Bone Necromancer, so lets put him to use :D A85
I am actually thinking about Pindle. The last time I put serious miles on him is here. My stashes are still pretty bare from my restart and I never minded the tedium in running him. I still have a couple weeks to decide so no commitment yet...

Remember to make/update (and link to) your trading profiles before this starts.

Arranj said:
Note: your category isn't final until signups close and the MFO starts.

Signed up! Just managed to make my first ever guardian; Gray, the Bone Necromancer, so lets put him to use :D A85

Welcome! Also congrats on guardian, nice achievement :) Stay safe and don't deed it before MFO!

EatSleepDiablov2 said:
I am actually thinking about Pindle. The last time I put serious miles on him is here. My stashes are still pretty bare from my restart and I never minded the tedium in running him. I still have a couple weeks to decide so no commitment yet...

Repeating that performance with Pindle and you'd be quite close to the victory in the Pindle category, I'm sure!

zemaj said:
Reforming the old team! Anyone who doesn't mind being in the lowest average group can apply... I'll start drafting as necessary :D

Also, available for supervisor (prefer alvl85 or Pindle, if possible)

Yay for showing an example and kick starting the teams already! I'll let you do drafting but I'm definitely available ;)

Also, thanks for volunteering. Now you're the official alvl 85 supervisor!

I can take the rest two until someone really wants to have Baal or Pindle.
Great to see this tradition still alive. Good luck to all!
Oh it's time. Will try to get my barb up and running before it starts, but if not I'll just use my sorc to plow through Pindle and take victory by default as a result of being the only person in that category. @Fabian AOYUT? Make it happen.
LC,

Get jimsfriend back here to participate and we'll talk. Can't let the old team down of course.
Ventisca (lvl 76) reached Ancient Tunnels tonight. Is there something I should be looking for? I think her map is pretty decent? Tunnels are ~7 tele away from waypoint. And, I'm seeing 5-6 boss packs in a curved route to the super chest. There has been a Champion pack floating around in the middle-right side of the map, but should I even bother with them? She drops everything pretty quickly at p3, should I just up her MF at this point?

@DiabloTwoinDC some maps are like next to the WP, but if that map of yours has it closer to 6 than 5 boss packs you might be good to go.

Only way to really know your efficiency is counting your average boss packs and see your average running time over a little longer period. Running time will go lower and lower the better you know your map and the more you have experience playing a Blizz Sorc this way. It's quite steep curve actually. But yes, more MF is most likely better at this point. Also don't keep it at p3 when seriously MF running, p1 is the way to go. P3 could be ok to have for a while so you'll lvl up faster.

After some running and leveling you could start checking your running times. Not sure what would be a good benchmark, maybe 45 seconds? Depends on map ofc. But if it still takes more than one minute to clear your map from bosses after running it for a while, you should consider changing the map.

You can check the Hall of Records thread for some Blizz Sorc examples. They have their boss pack numbers, running times and MF listed there. Do remember that those are achieved after playing A LOT.
Thanks, I like that plan. She could use some levelling, then I'll up MF and drop to p1.
ya I like to do /p3 until MFO starts or until I'm around lvl 90 typically.
@pharphis time to sign up already! Gotta get that Lightsabre count up!

#pharblade

You still have your FoHer right? Or what about that Fire Druid, those are really safe and good at AT, I've tried myself.
I do, though since I killed a sorc last MFO I'll have to forward another 1.07 shako...
and last time I tried to open D2 I think I mixed up the versions or something and all my patches got jumbled (probably because my saves are sync'd between PCs but not all files)

oops. I've been too busy to fix things or even look at it
Okay, hopefully that won't be a problem to fix!

What's everyone going to run with? Any goals?

I think I'll run with my Singer and Poison Nec. Goals? I don't really know yet. Would be fun to find an eth grailer or two, it has been long since I've found any new ones.
I'm still undecided. I planned to run with my untwinked 99er Sorc but would do that on /p8 which is obviously not the most efficient. Same for Pits Java or PNec, and not feeling like AT Sorc.

I guess either untwinked 99er, Pit Singer or some kind of Druid, I never really pushed one of those so that would be interesting for me I think, while still reasonably efficient.

Goal of course is Tyrael's and to a much lesser extent Stormlash. Astreon's and Mang Song's are the other missing grailers I think but don't really care too much about them.
Hi, my favourite part about MFO was always the 'haul pics'!
Will try my own luck for the first time.
Planning to run pindleskin hoping to get death's cleaver with my berserk barb. Currently he is using razors edge :)
@zemaj a ring frozzzen would like to lend... now I kinda want to see that one!

Maybe he still lurks and seeing an MFO thread could have him log in *hopes*

Or more likely there's someone here who can contact somewhere else.
Fabian playing?
OkcF9HF.gif
nice throwback
My SC Sorc is officially at Hell AT now (albeit with ~750 HP, negative resistances across the board, and a Scythe Insight on Merc LOL). We have a long way to go but at least I can signup.
@zemaj if frozzzen doesn't reply try Gripphon, they are RL friends.

I cant seem to figure out how to quote that table. If it is not too much trouble, please add me to the "Pindle+" category and I am available for teams. My trading profile is here.

I'll be running with standard blizzsorc with over 600MF. Shooting for 1.2 fabians per run...

As an aside, I am glad that unit of measure came out while I was gone. Otherwise, I would feel wholly inadequate.

I never realized that, for example, it takes me 2.1 fabians to brush my teeth. Or 3.16 fabians to drive to work (and he probably rides a bike). I do have the advantage in picking up women, however, at 12.34 fabians, but that is only because he is too busy gaming to bother...
Good luck guys! I won't have time to participate, unfortunately. Got too many assignments!

@EatSleepDiablov2 Added. Should be correct.
What is MFO and can it be eaten?

I'm just dropping by to say hello and to do a cheerleading stuff. Gogogo Grape, find that Zod! To Zod-God those 3 Tyrael's you will also find of course. Also where is Phar? Did he find his Pharblade yet?
froz borrowing rings and never returning them? I might have been gone for a year, but I see the SPF never changes!
Well I said I'd do my best to find some time for this, so I may as well sign up and make it official! Will be running the AT with my 99 Blizzy, so hopefully her extra levels can make up for my lack of playing time and abundant rust. ;)
EatSleepDiablov2 said:
I'll be running with standard blizzsorc with over 600MF. Shooting for 1.2 fabians per run...

As an aside, I am glad that unit of measure came out while I was gone. Otherwise, I would feel wholly inadequate.

I never realized that, for example, it takes me 2.1 fabians to brush my teeth. Or 3.16 fabians to drive to work (and he probably rides a bike). I do have the advantage in picking up women, however, at 12.34 fabians, but that is only because he is too busy gaming to bother...
A bold statement to make about someone who hasn't been here for a year because he stopped gaming!
Truth be told, that 12.34 fabians is a lie. The last woman I picked up was nearly 30 years ago. Back then, one only needed a mullet, an IROC, and dance to the Wild Thing. For those that are too young and need translation: a bad haircut, an extremely unreliable sports car, and an annoying song by Tone Loc.

Guessing those things do not work anymore, but I doubt my wife would let me try.
C'mon everybody, we need more players! Though alvl85 is quite decent already! :) You don't need to play stupid amounts to participate. Whatever will do, more the merrier!

@zemaj yes, that's one cute little ring. Just like I expected. Also, Bottom Tier FTW!!

@Gripphon yes pls. Zods and Tyrael's Mights, I'm ready for ya.

Fabian said:
A bold statement to make about someone who hasn't been here for a year because he stopped gaming!

Hah, true! But are you ready to make a ten days comeback? Answer is yes, btw.
Grape,

It is not. Very busy with school these days, and if you can't get in at least 20-30 hours, there's not much point imo. I might play an hour or two and see if I find a Tyrael's, or something.
We need someone to do Gripphon's. First day Tyrael's works wonders.
Yes, indeed. Just join people, it's all for the fun and tradition. Even if you can only play for a few hours. The drops gods now and adjust the drops accordingly ... really ;).
I will sign up after the weekend. I think it’s The Pits.
If work isn't too stressful, I'll have the energy for this.
I see fabian still wants to get participation trophy after all those years. I might have been gone for a year, but I see the SPF never changes!

Also @zemaj, since it took me some time to remember mail I sent you ring back via grip. Should probably be in your stashes by now. It's still is covered by dried nulio blood so wear it proudly.
@zemaj and @frozzen that is one ring to rule them all ( strength for Monarch, mana, resists and 10%FCR, its awesome ... and @maxicek LMFAO too lol. Gimme a few days to sort my roster out. I think I may join the fun too.

PS: Do we have to provide a trade profile if we dont trade anymore? I haven't traded for years tho I have donated stuff to other members. And I won't be claiming prizes from anyone if I do place in the tournament.
Ill put my name under the Baal category for now, but if I cant get my Amazon to where I want before the event starts I may switch to the lvl 85 areas.
I love seeing those haul pics! Good luck everybody :D
Legend has it greatest MFO champion of all time @frozzzen will be making his glorious return for this event.

(I can't believe you baited me into logging in here again...)

Good luck guys. It's crazy you're all still playing this, and yet not that surprising at all at the same time.
NagisaFurukawa said:
Legend has it greatest MFO champion of all time @frozzzen will be making his glorious return for this event.

(I can't believe you baited me into logging in here again...)

Good luck guys. It's crazy you're all still playing this, and yet not that surprising at all at the same time.
I'd play Dota 2 or LoL but neither of those agree with having a <2 month old child and having to pause whenever he needs something. Single player D2 is still very entertaining.
MFO bringing everyone out of lurk mode. Agreed.

Hi Nagisa. You still have time to build a character from scratch and win alvl85 :)

DaveW said:
PS: Do we have to provide a trade profile if we dont trade anymore? I haven't traded for years tho I have donated stuff to other members. And I won't be claiming prizes from anyone if I do place in the tournament.
Yes, trade profile would still be needed in case someone claimed a prize from you. I believe there's many of us participating who aren't actually trading :) But that profile is really fast and easy to make, so I hope to see you joining!
I'll take a look for my profile and post it.
As someone who usually gets bored after 5-6 runs ... I'm thinking of entering, just for something completely different.

I've just Guardianed a Wind Druid in the 5 Stages of Grief Tourney so could enter it. Being untwinked his gear is lousy for MF or speed runs, and Wind Druid doesn't seem to be an optimal build at the best of times. Still, it is the Druid or nothing and I'm not really worried about being competitive.

Any suggestions on the best category to enter?

I'm thinking that without a decent source of teleport (I only have a staff of teleport at the moment) that Pindle+ requires the least amount of running. However some of the Lvl 85 Areas have waygates to them (WSK) or can get them nearby .... suggestions?
Windy does well in the Ancient Tunnels. I guess Pindle could work too. It is going to be more tricky without Teleport though.

Do you not have a Blizz Sorc?
Dilemma solved. I just deeded the Windy while testing gear set-ups and run times in different areas. No MFO for me unless I guardian something else in the next few days.
Ouch, rip.
Dezrok said:
Dilemma solved. I just deeded the Windy
Should have stopped there. :)

Seriously though as always sorry to hear that. That's why I don't play HC, I'm not always paying full attention and stuff like that is just too painful. :/
Dezrok said:
Dilemma solved. I just deeded the Windy while testing gear set-ups and run times in different areas. No MFO for me unless I guardian something else in the next few days.
Ouch, rip.

Not worst idea to build one SC char dedicated just for these MFOs/RFOs and such, to play it between all the tourney etc. HC ones.
I have never participated in a MFO, but it looks like a great tournament.
Was kind of dreading having to calculate my score, but the excel makes that really easy.
It's motivating me to return to my untwinked javazon and play time might be seriously limited so my goal is only to get 5 qualifiers, honestly.

Best of luck to everyone
Updated to include trading profile and switched categories.

Going to be running with my untwinked 99er Lightning Sorc and atm Baal waves seems to be best XP/h...

So yeah, /p8 all the way, a whopping 73 MF... BEWARE!
Does the participating character have to be untwinked? I see a lot of ppl talking about making new chars for this so im wondering if i missed a new character requirement somewhere.
No, you can bring whichever character you like.

The ones bringing untwinked ones are either people who didn't have a good character to enter the tournament with, or people who would like to combine the tournament with gaining xp for their untwinked 99er.
@Tnuc GniRobal , what @T72on1 said!

HYPE!

Soon!

Are you ready?
not so sure myself! :D

I'm sure there's still people thinking about joining. Just do it already, it will be fun!
Haven't played D2 except for our (slow paced) group game since a few weeks now, so I plan to do some warming up on Thursday.

And yeah, definitely hype. Of course, I'll be the owner of a Tyrael's, a Death's Web and a Mang Song in less than 2 weeks :).
Haven't had any D2 time myself lately either, beside maybe one hour of 1.07 last Sunday.

Let's see what this weekend brings, hope to put few hours in at least!
Any thoughts on doing away with specific categories (i.e. Lvl 85 areas, pindle+, etc.) and just run the MFO individually? I think the score sheets for the various areas are the same. There might be a disadvantage for those running Pindle+, but how many Tyraels are going to drop? And if it does, that person should win, imo (only item I havent found, grr).

No doubt there are some lurkers out there that may still join, but the Baal/Pindle categories are pretty thin. I personally would have no problem putting up my Pindle+ score to someone running AT.

Edit: I now see that Baal has slightly different scores. I know that SOB drops poorly, but why not simply lump him in with WSK/minions? He could be that sour, bad tasting cherry on top.
Grape, can you please elaborate on the text below? This is something I encountered in the OP before I originally signed up, but my uncertainty about it has only grown.

Grape said:
I'd like to receive updates from:
- The first three days (Friday and weekend) until the end of Monday, November 6th
- The first seven days (until 11:59 PM of Thursday) until the end of Friday, November 10th
- Final score as soon as you can, please just send it when you finish playing for the MFO

I'm unable to parse this, particularly the first two bullets.

• Do you mean to say this is how you'd like the supervisors to receive updates, or do you (Grape) need to receive distinct updates from us all regardless of your own potential role or categorization as a supervisor?

• If you do need to receive these additional non-supervisor updates, do they differ from what the supervisors receive? If so, what do we put in these updates?

• I really struggle to understand those first two lines. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're describing periods of time at by the ends of which we need to send an update. But then that means we could just send all our non-final updates 1 second (or whatever other arbitrary short amount of time) past the beginning of 3 Nov., so I'm not sure that makes sense.
Please help.
Jim the level ** (Seriously, this is still blocked?) untwinked self-found Frenzy Barbarian will be running the Ancient Tunnels. So far, I have 1 7mfsc and a 21% Gheed's. Hopefully he can gear up as he goes a little bit; if I get the right tools I could end up respeccing for Pit. Unfortunately I'll be out of town for a few days, so what was already likely to be a subpar effort will be even weaker, but I am here. Grail -2

LC,

Speaking of Jim, I ran into jimsfriend on his twitch channel yesterday as he was playing Eastern Sun, and mentioned the MFO. Unfortunately, you won't get help from your team mates this time! Hope Jim does well anyway, gl.
---

Just got my bowazon into Hell as part of my untwinked 99 challenge. She's still only on harmony and some low-mid range runewords, so she's going to grind the Pits for the next while. Hopefully my runs will get smoother through the week, as I find more suitable gear upgrades.

I don't expect to win; I'm looking for my windforce lol. Realistically though, I'm hoping for a WWS sometime soon and mebbe some standard mf gear like chancies and war travs.

GL to us all. =D
---

Hopefully this is in time and my profile in order. Initially wasn't going to join this, but decided it would be motivation to level my sorc.
Curious as to what we post for our tournament finds? I'm assuming you'll post a specific tag for each shot once it has officially started? Also you listed time as 12:00 am local, so I'm good to go at 12 CST?

Just asking because I may have an hour or two tonight to do a few.

E: good luck all, good turnout!
---

Got back from a nice long vacation last night, just in time to sign up for MFO.:) Actually, I doubt that I'll be able to get more than 10 hours total and won't have time to practice before the weekend. But lightning may strike and allow progress on the last few items in the grail . . . Good luck to everyone!
@Yng

You should be good to go after midnight. (Once it is officially Friday wherever you are.) Also, it sounds like you're talking about posting your finds? We don't do that until after the results have been tallied. Build up suspense and all that.
Practical question - I know I can't include chest-items from L85 areas. But in terms of ilvl, are chest drops distinguishable from monster drops? I.e. Ideally while doing 10 days of runs, I'd like to still open the chests to keep items for my own later use, if possible, as long as I can easily tell which were chest items and which were monster items, from their ilvl in Atma? Let me know.
regular monsters will drop ilvl 85 and so will the chests I believe (you can quickly check this yourself) but champion/uniques will drop ilvl 87/8'8 respectively.

That said, if you find something that is a qualifier from a chest, just throw it in a different stash or make note of it so you don't forget a week later that it doesn't count.

I suppose in some circumstances there may be doubt whether a monster dropped the item or not but I'd say just try to avoid that.
Yeah I could have just checked, heh. No easy sorting after the fact, then. That's what I wanted to know. I can still pop chests but have to be careful to keep things separate. Shouldn't be that hard.
Since we haven't heard anything else about supervisors and the MFO has now officially begun, are we to assume that Grape is the supervisor of all three categories?
@Shask

I'm sure he'll pop up sometime soon to clarify. I know there was one person who volunteered for the lvl85 area, i'm too lazy to check who atm. If anything we still have till Sunday night until the first 'mandatory' update, so I'm going to just hold off until things sort themselves out.

E: good luck to everyone, and mostly good luck to ME! =D
Well. Yeah I'd say joining this tourney was worth it so far. WAHAHAHAHHAAHA

eeEb6f6.jpg
To clarify: You can post anything that doesn’t score. Jewellery, charms, runes, jewels, rares are positively encouraged.
Hey, first of all: good luck to all runners, let's have an awesome MFO! May your drops be gold and green ;)

Second thing: I got a job offer and I'm now in the middle of moving to a new city plus learning the things at work etc. So I'll be pretty damn busy for most of the MFO. Hope you can understand if it takes me a bit more time than usual to response. I'm also relying on my phone's internet until someday next week :)

So if the more experienced MFO participants see a question they know about, don't hesitate to answer! I'd be grateful.

@Shask I'm supervising Pindle and Baal, zemaj is supervising alvl85. Yes, by the end of those dates you should send an update to your supervisor. Use the same format as in the final update: top five with scores and a total score.

Having updates from everyone won't probably happen on time (prove me wrong please :D ) so instead of standings (without points) there will probably be general comments how the competition is going. It will be nice to post the standings from during the mfo afterwards, to see how it all went.

@EatSleepDiablo, yes, let's have this discussion before the next MFO. This one will now go with the old categories despite not so many players in the Pindle and Baal
@Locohead Awesome start !!! Grats :).

Just squeezed in my first 45 minutes or so. Had to get back into it big time, after so much Grim Dawn. But starting to get the hang of it back already.

Good luck everyone !!!
maxicek said:
To clarify: You can post anything that doesn’t score. Jewellery, charms, runes, jewels, rares are positively encouraged.
Ah? I thought only scored items were relevant. For the record, I was just posting the Ber for bragging rights. Not offering it up to be claimed...
Locohead said:
Ah? I thought only scored items were relevant. For the record, I was just posting the Ber for bragging rights. Not offering it up to be claimed...
I think he meant that it's encouraged to post your non scored drops so that thread is still having subject matter instead of everyone just waiting to see results. No one can take your Ber haha.
100 runs in, and this is the most notable find:
Code:
Brimstone Pelt
Mage Plate
Defense: 403
Durability: 47 of 60
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 25
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xa35a92d7
+49 to Life
+54% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Fire Resist +16%
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
Socketed (2: 0 used)

That might be my new A2 level 27 twink armor..
Anybody have any set goals? This is first MFO for me, but I'm hoping to finish 2000 AT runs.
Thanks, Grape, for the clarifications!

Another question: Do only elite uniques qualify? No TC3s and other non-Hell uniques?

I understand that the posted spreadsheets contain only elite armor/weapon uniques, but I never saw such a rule explicitly stated.

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Anybody have any set goals? This is first MFO for me, but I'm hoping to finish 2000 AT runs.
Yep - my goal is to get from L91 to L93, heh.
@DiabloTwoinDC

I don't have a set goal in terms of number of runs; but I do in terms of items. My participating char just hit Hell with sub-par gear, so the current run-time is slow at best. I actually opted to hit NM meph for today before returning to The Pits. Eventually, I'm hoping for the typical mf gear like chancies, war travs, and shako and skullders. I do have all of this week to play, so I'm looking forward to some sweet upgrades. =D

EDIT : Oh and of course, the unique hydra bow . lol

@Shask

I'm 99.9% sure we only count the ones in the list. I do not know how these points came to be what they are and how these items were selected out of them all, but I'm guessing it's just from the drop rates. Also, I think I saw some class specific sets in there too. =P
Sorry, I meant uniques+sets.

Looking back at the results of previous MFOs, I can see that it seems to be definitely just the items in the spreadsheets. But it would be nice to have a confirmation of that.
Yes, only the ones from the spreadsheets, which are the elite uniques and sets. The score is based on how rare they are, compared to the most common elite item: IK Maul.

My goals, in order of importance:

1) have some fun
2) find some grailers (most wanted ones: Death's Web, Griffon's and CoA, but non-qualifiers like SoJ and TC3s are also welcome)
3) win the damn thing (not likely, but one can hope)

I already achieved 1) and 2) so far, so I'm fine :).
Really happy to finally properly participate in a MFO. Good luck to everyone!

For better or worse, I've stuck with my current AT map. I doubt I'd find a better one in time for the MFO and wasting time re-rolling instead of grinding would be really bad.

This is probably the best I can do, all things considering.
1597350610078.png
The map has good density: 6 packs on average, but they are spread quite far forcing me into 105 FCR and costing time, MF, and efficiency. I doubt that will play a major role though as my total playing time will hardly top 2h per day so I'll try to make the most of them.

And here's an unexpected grailer :)
1597350615383.png
Few goals for myself:
Items: Tal's Armor, Death's Fathom, Nightwing's, runes Sur+, Vipermagi (still don't have this lol), Cold Skillers, Eth 4 socket Thresher/GT, Eth AP to bug for 4 sockets, anything 10+ score
Misc: clvl 93, improved AT run speed
Another gem I wasted precious seconds to PU and ID:
Code:
Viper Rend
Giant Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 125 to 235
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 48
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7108453d
+251% Enhanced Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+10 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-92 lightning damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)
That is some tasty damage on a NORMAL axe.. I sometimes take a peek at rares to see if they're ethereal, and then ID. Could get a monster rare with self-repair. :rolleyes:
End of day 1:

1597350592813.png

Was hoping to keep my times under 19 secs but oh well (715+- MF). Shooting for 7,000 runs...
Curious as to why we don't have a tag for the finds? Couldn't someone just post finds from before the tournament..?
@EatSleepDiablov2

Cool 4 hrs of pindle =P. Do u focus purely on the game or do u have something on the side to watch??

@Yng

Simple, honour system. As is with anything on this forum. =)
Out of curiosity though, how would you tag an item for a specific event?

EDIT : honourary system -> honor system
Nice HP/mana charm from D1:
1597350556735.png

Gynli said:
Is that similar to our Diversary Visa Program? :D
Sorry guys, I just cannot find the time to participate. Good luck to all the competitors!
Gynli said:
@EatSleepDiablov2

Cool 4 hrs of pindle =P. Do u focus purely on the game or do u have something on the side to watch??

@Yng

Simple, honour system. As is with anything on this forum. =)
Out of curiosity though, how would you tag an item for a specific event?

Ok, not questioning anyone's integrity, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It would suck to get a good drop and not know you need a tag.

By tag I meant like an ID that wouldn't be released until the tournament started. Ex: ID for this tournament is: 46781, so you had to type 46781 and screenshot the drop on the ground or something similar .
I have to admit, most of my curiosity about what items qualify is because of some of the (non-qualifying) drops I've gotten.

I could have been fairly well off after just an hour and a half:

Code:
Arctic Furs
Quilted Armor
Defense: 46
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0x4ab4d842
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+289% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +10
Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%

Skull Collector
Rune Staff
Two Hand Damage: 24 - 58
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xe0d1aada
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 20%
+20 to Mana after each Kill
75% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level) 

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xaf150040
Unidentified
+441 to Attack Rating
+349 Defense
All Resistances +31
Level 22 Iron Golem (3/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (4/20 Charges)
@Yng

Thats actually a neat idea. Not that ppl lie for a chance at winning the MFO; itd be nice to look back down the road and say 'oh ye i got this from that MFO few years back'. I actually might start doing that with todays date above my char. =P

Minor status update.
Clear speed picked up quite a bit after razortail dropped. Im still looking for a weapon upgrace - currently using harmony in diamond bow. Drops have been nice so far between war travs and razor tail and etc. Looks promising so far. =)
@Gynli

I generally listen to news or music. Multi-tasking beyond that usually causes problems for me.

Re: drops. Thought this was interesting, although I haven't rolled an assassin in years:

Code:
Bitter Veil
Tiara
Defense: 80
Durability: 22 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x92072cf4
Item Level: 86
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 83 Lightning Damage
8% Mana stolen per hit
+57% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Light Radius
Yeye! Finally weapon upgrade. =P
1597350503601.png
now i need a pul...

Also is this of any use?
Powered Amulet of the Squid
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x50b997d3
+3 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+67 to Life
Ok, check that one off the list. ;)
1597350461277.png
Still need a grid myself.. btw, how are those boots holding up? :D
Albatross said:
Still need a grid myself.. btw, how are those boots holding up? :D
She's been using them lvl 76 - (almost) 92. :D
1597350419971.png

You guys are killing it, wish I had more time!
After finding my WWS, I decided to stop the pits for a bit, and go visit Countess for a Pul. I realize Countess isn't part of MFO, but I just had to share my luck... Here's what I've found.

1597350844580.png
For those who didn't memorize what all the runes look like... That's all the runes possible from Countess' special rune drops. EXCEPT FOR THE PUL! >=(
Just to be sure: Is it against the rules to post pics of failed drops?
You mean triple durability rares? No it's not. Only pics of actual qualifiers aren't allowed afaik.
It's annoying to see all those TC87 bases in the wrong color so I've been trying to squeeze more MF into the build.

Replaced viper, mara, and arachnid by 3-part tal's and maintained 105 FCR by swapping chance guards and a nagel with trang's claws and a FCR/MF/stuff rare ring.

But here's the weird thing, I've tried running a 63 FCR setup and run times aren't slower at all, in fact, they seem to be lower.

My best guess is that at higher teleport speeds I make more mistakes with positioning and my blizzard aim is worse. Altogether, I might have overestimated FCR for AT runs.

To keep things shiny, here are some non-qualifiers and items which dropped the day and two days before the beginning of the MFO :)

1597350904265.png
@T72on1
I mean, correct base item drops, but rare/magic rolls.
1597350943542.png1597350980640.png

Albatross said:
To keep things shiny,

That's too shiny.. Please turn down brightness/contrast levels. :eek:
Yes, no problem showing any drops outside of elite S/Us. Be it a magic sacred armor or a readout of a double dura rare unearthed wand. (I.e. failed set).

How are others doing? Managed to run about 3-4 hours myself already, so that's above expectations! Couple ok non-qualifiers so far, I'll post about those later.
Grape said:
How are others doing? Managed to run about 3-4 hours myself already, so that's above expectations! Couple ok non-qualifiers so far, I'll post about those later.
Only some low qualifiers so far. But I just found out that all the champs/bosses drops are unaffected by player count. I had been running on /p7 because that's what I usually do in there for leveling. Must be why I've always had such "crap luck" in AT. It did help get me the Ber rune so I can't complain really, not to mention some tasty socketables, but now that I finished out L92, I'm dropping to /p1 for a while to go strictly for items. At some point I'll bump up to /p3 or higher because I do want to get L93 before the tourney is over.
Locohead said:
I'm dropping to /p1 for a while to go strictly for items. At some point I'll bump up to /p3 or higher because I do want to get L93 before the tourney is over.
It took me just under 400 AT runs to L91 - L92. It'll be double the required runs for each level beyond that?
Pretty much. If you're on /p1 and switch to /p3 it will take roughly the same number (double exp but you will kill a few less minions, maybe, and runs take longer but not twice as long) so for MFO /p1 is always ideal but if you really want to lvl p3 is often fine.
@DiabloTwoinDC that's to keep me awake when I'm very tired :D
Sent my top five and scores from the first three days to zemaj.

Interesting to hear how tough the competition is up there at the front row. I'm suspecting to be more somewhere in the middle group.

I also have a feeling Tyrael's may have dropped already. Maybe one of those who have remained silent so far, or maybe T72on1 who talked about getting a grailer...
Who knows ... ;).

I haven't gotten time to play beyond those initial 2 hours, but they were definitely a good start. I'm starting another 2 - 3 hours now, and tomorrow I should be able to get in 4 hours, maybe even more.

Good luck everyone !!!
Grape said:
Interesting to hear how tough the competition is up there at the front row. I'm suspecting to be more somewhere in the middle group.
I'm just hoping I'm not last. 2 hours were a good start for T72? What is a "good start?" Good lord, I'm gonna lose majorly. I did however just find a Mara's, only a 22@ but I think the first Mara's I've found in years, so that's neat.
Good start is a relative term, it just means I'm happy with it. Not necessarily what's good for someone else :). To give you some insight, without too much of spoilers, I found 5 qualifiers in that 2 hours, which I found nice. But maybe in fact that is a low number. And in the end it's not quantity that counts, but quality. You can find a gigantic amount of qualifiers, but it's those 9+ pointers where it's at.
I only have 6 qualifiers in like, maybe 8 hours? But the majority of that was on /p7 so that is a large reason why. Still, not good. But at least I do have a good start on finding HRs... What the heck is going on LOL:

wLAoCuT.jpg
Locohead said:
... What the heck is going on LOL:
It's another surprise!

1597351005243.png
Grape said:
I'm supervising Pindle and Baal, zemaj is supervising alvl85. Yes, by the end of those dates you should send an update to your supervisor. Use the same format as in the final update: top five with scores and a total score.
You might want to update the OP to let everyone know that @zemaj is supervising alvl85. Otherwise it's likely people missed this post of yours and you'll get some spoilers on scores on the go :).

Sending in my first update now. Quantity of qualifiers has been really good, hopefully quality will follow soon. Or has it already done that, and am I only complaining because complaining always helps?
Only had about 4-5 hours to play so far but I've tried to be as efficient as possible with my time and the drops are fairly decent so far. A bit dry at first but this morning produced well.

Some runes:
EUeH8RF.jpg

LTGSKEs.jpg

gPj8vUe.jpg

And the obligatory trolls:
Penxqurg.jpg

WFHBlM4.jpg

Pindling...

Grinding to 7,000 runs. End of day two:

1597753314803.png

End of Day Three:

1597753318658.png

Should get under 19 secs tomorrow. Good luck all...
Update sent -- running a Pit Zerker. It turns out I was in the middle of rolling for a better map the last time I played him more than a year ago. I managed a little less than 7 hours so far, with first 30 minutes remembering how to play this build.:rolleyes:

Doubt I'll be able to hit 10 hours total due to being away next weekend. I rerolled maps every so often and have one now that's okay, I think. Nice quantity of qualifiers under the circumstances. I had hoped that he would also hit level 92 during MFO and he was on track, but it won't happen due to a really dumb death shortly before wrapping up for the evening.

Good luck everyone!
Am out of town, so will not be able to send in any updates through Wednesday, not that there's anything to send in so far... and I have played some. My character is just... that... bad...

@DiabloTwoinDC

Am I missing something? Because you're not supposed to post qualifiers during the MFO. (Or is my monitor displaying colors incorrectly and that was a near miss?)
LiquidClear said:
Am I missing something? Because you're not supposed to post qualifiers during the MFO. (Or is my monitor displaying colors incorrectly and that was a near miss?)
It's yellow.. :(
Update sent to @zemaj.

Not many finds so far, due to spending majority of my time on Countess after my WWS find. After 1 Ist, 2Mals, 1 Um, 2 Lem, 1 Fal, 2 Lem, 8 Lums, and many more lower runes... In the end though,
View attachment 6721
I finally got my Pul!

This is the result.

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
Two Hand Damage: ** - 115
Durability: 25 of 40
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 89
Required Dexterity: 132
Fingerprint: 0x4653613f
2% Chance to cast level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
+35% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
167% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
87% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Carmine Jewel of Fervor (9max/15ias)

It finally lets me run the Pits on higher player settings; but interestingly, the Harmony seems faster on /p1. I guess it's cause the monster health is low enough that the monster die before proccing Amp with WWS. I finally have a tolerable clear speed on /p3 in Pits so the coming few days should should show much better result.

Some useful finds so far...
Ruby Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xdecf1d6a
Item Level: 79
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Fire Resist +11%

Steel Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1f55ce11
+29 to Attack Rating
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sapphire Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xe5e71ed0
+15 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +27%

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x3f65f533
Item Level: 59
+180 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+17 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Chilling Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xa94c7675
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
23% Extra Gold from Monsters

Hexing Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x81e1e7b8
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only
* does anyone ever use curse skiller??

Shogukusha's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf616b627
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Cruel Grip
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 71
Durability: 5 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x5e5c4da0
Item Level: 82
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+14% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +20%
Fire Resist +20%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
* I really like this one. But atm I don't need the ias and need the knockback on my current gloves. =P

EDIT: I'll update this, cause double post.

Just found this. How awesome is it that I find this on self-found Bowazon =D
View attachment 6722
Shadow Shell
Tiara
Defense: 98
Durability: 13 of 25
Fingerprint: 0x6473903f
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
7% Mana stolen per hit
+93% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
Damage Reduced by 3
I thought this weekend was clear, but just when you think there will be time, real life kicks in. My Amazon still had to complete Act 5 in order to run Baal obviously, and the couple hours I had this evening I did that so I don’t really have any progress to send in at this point. Hopefully this week I can get some evenings this week to devote to learning how to run Baal effectively and get some qualifiers to at least post a score at the end.

Honestly I don’t really like the Amazon all that well, but maybe once I can get in a grove with Baal I may change my mind. It really only takes one good string of luck to get a decent score, but over all the years Baal has never been kind to me. Or his minions.
@Gynli That Tiara is awesome !!!

Did I say something about complaining in my last post? Seems it doesn't always help :(. I mean, you know there's going to be some trolling from the drops gods involved, but finding 4 Diadems with none of them golden, 2 yellow Legend Spikes, and then

1597753337599.png

and

1597753382510.png

in consecutive runs, all of this in some 80 minutes ... Pff.

Hopefully things will improve after a short break. On the brighter side I dinged **, and also found this one, which will most likely never be used, but still is quite stylish in my opinion:

1597753420094.png
Noobish question...

Is sending a PM, technically "starting a conversation". If so, did you receive my results Grape?

If PMing is something different, please let me know what to do. The interface has changed a bit since I was here last and we use to just email results back then...
Update sent to @zemaj.

Nothing great yet, but I did find a Sur which improved things.

Edit: @EatSleepDiablov2 : Yes. You probably remember previous iterations of this forum SW when we had a limit of 10 PMs, including replies... Hence the reasons for the email :)
That weekend was a GRIND... results sent to @Grape :oops: .. and then sent to @zemaj.

Haven't been able to get much time in during the days. Having a 1yr old around doesn't help. So, I've been cramming all my MFO in after her bedtime, 7:30. Trying to get everything done in one massive session is killing my wrist. :( But, I keep telling my wife, "this is the Olympics, TRUE athletes push through the pain!" :p
I have two hours or so to play this afternoon, will send update after that.

E: Update sent.

Trolls from this afternoon:
TYBzCC7.jpg

u2Kwoa1.jpg

Highest rune so far:
k3zwWso.jpg
I believe that is: 1 Blue, 1 Yellow, 1 White .. c'mon RNG there's only one option left.. :rolleyes:
1597753466930.png
Just to spite you it will generate a set unearthed wand, which will cause a crash to desktop when you touch it LOL
Locohead said:
Just to spite you it will generate a set unearthed wand, which will cause a crash to desktop when you touch it LOL
I'll make sure to take a screenshot first. ;)
RNG doesn't really troll until your Pit Zerker kills a boss and horks the corpse, and Alt reveals golden chain gloves and blue unearthed wand . . . :rolleyes:
@zemaj Thanks for supervising!

Once I returned to the Pits, I started getting some decent drops here and there. Upped WWS is finally paying off. Funny thing about D2, I got my first Pul when i decided I'd have better luck looking for the 3rd Lem, or the 3rd Fal, or the 3rd Ko lol. Now that I longer need it, I ended up with 2 extra Puls from today's runs. lol

So let me just say... I really really don't need that Hydra bow. My upped WWS is good enuf. =P

Oh and good luck to everyone for the rest of the week!
Just got the go ahead from my girl for tonight and I'm off tomorrow, hopefully.
Looking at you:
Astreon's Iron Ward: 27.8
Mang Song's Lesson: 27.8
Death's Web: 27.9
Tyrael's Might: 48.2
@T72on1 thats an awesome armour. Upp it to Great Hauberk for the merc and get crazy defense. I use one on my Trapper's companion that runs the WSK. Great resists, massive defense and CBF. All good.
@DaveW Hmm, maybe it is.

@zemaj Thanks for the update. Disappointing placement for me, as usual, although at that point I had only played for some 4 - 4.5 hours. Hopefully I'll be able to improve on it, but yesterday's session, when I managed to double the amount of hours spent, don't bode too well. Only got an upgrade for the items in my top 5 in the very last minutes of it.

Including the short session during my lunch break today, I have now found 33 qualifiers in some 10 hours time. Anybody care to share their ratio? I have the impression that the amount of qualifiers found so far isn't the problem, but the quantity quality is.

O yes, during today's short session I did manage to find a grailer !! Non-qualifier grailer though, Greyform. I have only 6 of those left: Biggin's Bonnet, The Gnasher, The Redeemer, SoJ, Wisp Projector and Metalgrid. The other 15 items I still need are either qualifiers or cow king set items, which can't drop during this MFO obviously.

Good luck everyone. I'll mainly be running during Friday, when I have a day off from work. Hopefully also a bit on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evening, and certainly not on Friday and Saturday evening.
T72on1 said:
I have the impression that the amount of qualifiers found so far isn't the problem, but the quantity is.
My problem is EXACTLY the opposite. I've found an abundance of qualifiers, but the number of qualifiers I've found is still low.. :p

Edit: And, as far as ratio. High pointers:Low pointers? Approx 1:9 ratio for my top 5:total qualifiers. ;)

@DiabloTwoinDC Lol, thanks for pointing that out. I edited my post. As far as ratio goes, I just meant total amount of qualifiers found compared to total amount of time spent. Not sure if I get what you are trying to say with the ratio you mention.

@zemaj I pick them all up, can't not doing that. Funny you mention IK hammer and Dangoon's Teaching though, as those are my most common items too (3 of each). No LoH yet though.
Am I the only person who sees an IK hammer drop and reacts with 'Ohhhhh, awesome, that could be another 40CB hammer for that iron golemancer that I will probably never make!'?
@T72on1 Ahh, I see. Should be dependent on run speed and MF then. My 1:9 is 5 top five, out of 45ish qualifiers. I'm getting 1 qualifier ~every 25 runs. Runs are ~55 sec, but with ID + mule time, they come out right around 1 min.
I’m at roughly 8 hours invested.
50 seconds per run. Maybe 14 or so total qualifiers.
I haven't kept track of how many hours I've invested; I just turn on the game for a few runs here and there. I've achieved my initial goal of WWS and War travs, so I'm now targeting 30 qualifiers by Friday. Currently sitting at 12 qualifiers at about 2 minutes per run. =P
What is everyone running in terms of MF%? I decked out as much as I could. That should be the determining factor, at least in terms of runs per qualifier.
Wohooo!

Standings:
Baal:

ffs
zemaj
grim

Pindle:
EatSleepDiabloV2
Agguh

No big margins yet and everybody has a fair chance to win still! Gogo, gl!
DiabloTwoinDC said:
What is everyone running in terms of MF%? I decked out as much as I could. That should be the determining factor, at least in terms of runs per qualifier.
483 MF and 105FCR on a bad Lost City map because I don't want to wipe my Meph map. 20 Quals and only 1 good one so far. Not sure of the time invested.
I've done almost 1300 runs, with an average time of about 35.5s (nearing the 13h mark).

Settled on 105 FCR, mostly because it feels smoother, running with 499 MF. My charms are mediocre, it could easily reach 550 with some LK runs. I don't pick up the lesser qualifier so I don't know the exact numbers.
I managed to get some Baal runs in last night, but he just doesn’t like me and never has dropped a damn thing. One thing I did notice though is how well the Fishyzon did in the WSK and with Baal and Co. I really wish I had the Runes for an Enigma so I could just port through the WSK, but I don’t so I may need to reroll for something decent.
Over the next few days I am going to work on getting more efficient at the runs and hopefully something will drop. What I am aiming for is to have a good final push this weekend for at least a decent score. Tonight I am going to make a final pass on the build with a respec and jumble up the charms a little bit.
105 FCR/310 MF, this character is barely a month old.
Geez! @Albatross 35 sec? Are you picking anything up? o_O

Edit:. Maybe my map has more monsters? Or, do you skip Champion packs? Or, mayne I just suck. :oops:. Cannot imagine shaving 20 sec off run times..

I think I hit average ~6.5 packs (boss+champion). I see 7 or 8 more often than I only find 5.
@zemaj I don't think I ever really ran Baal for MF purposes, but for me too I think he actually dropped all qualifiers I've got so far. No idea how unusual that is though, I never got **** from waves in the past.

Regarding MF, personally since I'm running with untwinked 99er Sorc I've been prioritizing safety and damage over MF. That being said, I did choose to swap some gear around early on and go with around 270 MF. Seemed like a good amount to me, given diminishing returns really start to kick in soon after. But I'm kind of bothered by the lower XP progress and will probably switch back to full damage and that amazing 78 MF ;) even though MFO is still going. It's just that I want to make progress and there's no objective/item I really want I guess, just Tyrael's and a hand full of other useless grailers. :)
It's closer to 36s tonight, work really wears me down.

I usually pick up potentially valuable stuff, but for the MFO I've trimmed it down to, apart from grailers and higher quality qualifiers, high runes, blue jewels, small and grand charms.

I don't even skip CIs, average density is around 6, maybe slightly less. Can't really say much more.. I've been planning on recording some runs, but will probably wait for the weekend to be at my best :)
35 seconds indeed is very fast. Not sure how fast I did those AT runs, but probably 10 - 15 seconds slower.

No killing of champ packs, only bosses. Champs aren't worth it in terms of mf.

I have some 550 mf on killing switch and 470 mf on hork switch. Mf isn't the most important factor (beyond a certain point), killing speed is.
T72on1 said:
No killing of champ packs, only bosses. Champs aren't worth it in terms of mf.

I have some 550 mf on killing switch and 470 mf on hork switch. Mf isn't the most important factor (beyond a certain point), killing speed is.
I guess that's completely true for a pit zerker who has to single target each one, but a blizz sorc can plough through them in a second or two, doesn't that make them at least ok to kill?

Way to tired to "brain" now so I'll just leave this here.
Odds for Tyrael's dropping from champs vs super uniques with 500MF:

Btw, what's the general consensus on counting boss packs in regards to champs? I've seen it mentioned that a champ pack = 1 boss pack, but those can vary from 1-4.
Obligatory status postings:

End of Day 4:
1597753581734.png

End of Day 5:
1597753585536.png

73 qualifiers. I am picking up every S/U to compare to my previous Pindlethon, so times are a bit slower than otherwise. 715MF.

He is pretty stingy with facets but dropped this beauty:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x949671c8
Item Level: 86
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 43 Frost Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
DiabloTwoinDC said:
Ok, check that one off the list. ;)
View attachment 6700
Better roll. :)
1597753590822.png
Aw man, we don't get a tourney update until Friday? I could have like, totally moved up to somewhere in the middle I think. :)
I have 476 hork and 596 kill switch for my Pit zerker. I finally bit the bullet and went back to rerolling due to instability of boss locations and seeming high ratio of champ packs on the okay map. Current map seems more stable and with proportionally fewer champ packs, and it's also smaller so I think the density is better.

I'm not timing runs (and also not max efficiency due to grabbing interesting non-qualifiers) but definitely nowhere near the top runners from the past. But having fun so far. And it turns out Friday is a holiday, not next Monday as I thought. So I have more time to run before leaving town on Saturday than I thought. Good luck to everyone on the final stretch!

I managed to get into a good rhythm tonight but it didn’t really matter. With some changes I managed to get up to 322 MF and that seems like a good place, but I might go higher to see if it helps. Maybe going with higher player settings and a safer setup would be worthwhile.

There were far more runs tonight with no sets/uniques than with them and I only managed 2 low qualifiers. I did get a Grand Charm to drop from Baal so that will be something worth rerolling.
PhineasB said:
I finally bit the bullet and went back to rerolling due to instability of boss locations and seeming high ratio of champ packs on the okay map.
I’m considering this too. My map sometimes has a crazy number of boss packs, other times less. And they keep moving so efficiency isn’t good. But if I spend an hour map rolling, that is wasted time too...
Amount of boss packs is quite variable on my Pit map as well, but spawn locations and amount of champ packs is definitely good. At least I think, as I've never done Pit running before. Sometimes boss packs almost literally fall over each other, other times I can teleport the entire first level and only encounter 4 or so, on the locations where they almost always spawn.

I might reroll the map at some point, but not during this MFO. It always takes me a while to get into a new map, so in the end that wouldn't be really efficient.

@DiabloTwoinDC I never ever found that amulet, and you find two ?! Call me jealous. Although then again it doesn't seem really useful to me.

@Albatross You are probably right. As far as counting boss packs goes ... I don't know to be honest.
I am back from out of town... and I am on the board. Yes, I have found a qualifier. Be afraid, fellow competitors, for I am coming for you with my 56 MF and minimal kill power.
LiquidClear said:
I am back from out of town... and I am on the board. Yes, I have found a qualifier. Be afraid, fellow competitors, for I am coming for you with my 56 MF and minimal kill power.
It has bin a while since I saw such good trash talk :O
Made the radical decision to roll a new map, since my AT entrance was like a full Lost City diameter away from my WP, and since I wasn't seeing the greatest drops from many days of running.

First rerolled map gave an AT entrance 4 teleports away from WP. First run, Vex rune. Within a dozen runs, found 2 items I've never seen before which entered my top 5. Yeah I'd say that's promising. :)
zemaj said:
Usually don't do this much with area runners, as finding a good path/density ratio can be a bitch, but I reroll my travbarb's map every other month or so. Pindle runner too.
Yeah I reroll my Pindle map all the time as well. Haven't found a decent one so far, horrible density always.
Funny that you mention that. Just had a terrible session, 1.5 hours without any qualifer at all. Even low amount of S/U overall, even lower amount of elite bases. So yeah, I definitely have that feeling now. Thinking about rerolling, but as you say, rolling a good map can be a bitch.
zemaj said:
Ok, so here's a good one: Does anyone else ever feel like a seed gets "run dry"?
I feel that about my new map already LOL. But actually I was thinking about that. I can't imagine there's any mechanic that reduces the items, even though mine feels like it. But I'm wondering if there's some slippery goings on related to the path you take. The more you run a map, the more you probably follow the same path, do the same things and maybe as a result, get similar drops. We know that racks can be manipulated by the way in which you approach them. Maybe monsters can too, in some respect.

In the first few runs, I was exploring and figuring out how to approach things and being slower and cautious, and got good drops. Now that I developed a faster method, I've gotten nothing. That's terribly thin evidence but it makes me want to vary my path and/or intentionally go slower for a few dozen runs to see if anything happens.
I does feel like that after a while, but it's just our brain's wiring playing tricks on us. I've just come out of a 2 day long dry streak myself, but haven't re-rolled the map.
If you have a good map just tough it out. Stay efficient and the results will come. Remember everyone has dry streaks, it’s good piece of mind to keep going.
At least it's looking better on the rune side:

bKnUJTm.jpg

This Pit map is not as horrible as the mini-map makes it out to be. Usually a fork in the path tells me to reroll the map, but I checked out the dead end in the bottom left twenty times and it never has any boss packs, so all the bosses are concentrated along the main path at least. I counted ~8.2 boss packs on average over 50 runs, so it's quite decent. Could be better, but I didn't have time to roll one.
Nothing exciting in a while, but did get a slight upgrade on Gheed's..
1597754673825.png
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x1eb5c93d
150% Extra Gold from Monsters
37% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 13%
Earlier today, I found this.
1597754695012.png

I had a 4os Dusk Shroud lying around, but I didn't like the look of it on my zon. So I spent most of today running to find a 4os Ancient Armor, but without much luck. Instead, I got...
1597754718872.png
and
1597754747947.png
Code:
Gheed's Fortune 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 62 
Fingerprint: 0x832e86e4 
136% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Reduces all Vendor Prices 12% 
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

It was nearing the end of the day, and I still hadn't found that elusive Ancient Armor, not even a plain white one to cube. So I decided it's time to actually go farm for that. I started looking for somewhere with lots of mobs that I can clear quickly at /p8 - NM Flayer Jungle came to mind. I slapped on all the frw gear and charms I had, and started slaughtering flayers.

Not even 2 minutes in, I got this.
1597754774981.png
perfect 233 def. =D

which I turned into...
1597754826863.png
27 all res out of possible 25-30. Not bad. It's still a fort. =P

I like that hint of red on the armor. Can't wait to put on Fleshripper and Stormshield on switch. It'll look great.

That's one end game gear for me. Woot!
Todays' been a very good day. kekeke =P
What's with all the HRs? Great, congrats everyone :).
I replaced my top three items last night, at least I’m out the embarrassing score region now. Still much room for improvement though. Also hit the chest and got an Ist which was a bonus.

@Gynli - No Archon? I would have gone with the Dusk Shroud myself. My next Fortitude will probably be in a Sacred Armour or Kraken Shell.
What the hell? Dusk Shroud is the sexiest zon armor without any real competition. :)

Nice HR drops people! Surprising indeed given it's most likely all P1 or maybe P3.
I'm going to match Gynli's Lo rune with my own:
Kulwhe1.jpg

I'm hesitant to roll another Grief. I attempted 8 Grief rolls in a 15 ED PB before the start, and none of those rolls beat the 383 plain PB I'm using now.
Don’t do it. Phase Blade base damage is so low, 15% makes almost no difference. It adds 4-5 damage, 383 is good enough.
True, I'm going to hold off. But I'll try again in the future for that 390+, once my Lo rune supply goes back up. I don't have any other use for so many Lo runes, so why not..

maxicek said:
@Gynli - No Archon? I would have gone with the Dusk Shroud myself. My next Fortitude will probably be in a Sacred Armour or Kraken Shell.
ffs said:
What the hell? Dusk Shroud is the sexiest zon armor without any real competition. :)
I did have a plain archon plate to cube, but I don't like the look of light armors on the zon in general. The shoulder pads of leather armor look weird by themselves and light plates look like she forgot to put on bottom half of her armor. lol

Decided to go with the oddity base of ancient armor; and I"m quite happy with the result. =D Also, style points.
Man, where are all these runes for me? Closing in on 1k runs and highest I’ve seen is Gul, curious how many runs has everyone done?
@Yng
I haven't kept count, but no where near 1k runs. I'd bet about 3~400 at most. Mind you, I am running an Amazon with sub-optimal gear; and that means I end up having to kill everything along the way - from the very start at the Outer Cloister waypoint.
@NanoMist I agree, I guess the hesitance of cubing Los is because Sur is so easily obtained in LK. But after Enigma and Infinity and a couple of decent Griefs and Fortitudes, it doesn't make sense to hold on to them just because they're a bit harder to get than Sur. I've cubed a couple last year to finally do cool stuff like dual Dream Bear Sorc which is amazing fun, no regrets there whatsoever. A couple of Chams don't hurt either (Shako, Andy of course alongside Doom and Pride). :) Definitely better applications for a Lo than trying to improve over a 380+ Grief IMO.

@Yng I think a Gul in 1k runs is pretty much what /p1 is, others here are just really lucky :) (unless people run high player settings, which I wouldn't assume since for MF purposes it doesn't make much sense).
1500 runs, and I think my highest rune is Pul.. o_O
Some 620 Pit runs, Pul as highest rune too. Which indeed is no surprise, since it's /p1. Although ... isn't horking always at /p7? Or am I just dreaming this, and is it at the player setting of the game?
I am starting to regret choosing Baal to run for the MFO. Having an Enigma to port through the WSK would have been awesome, but I figured it wouldn’t be a big deal to run through and kill a few things in the WSK even though they don’t count. It is a lvl 85 area and it is possible to get something decent to drop.

I upped my MF to 340 last night and was running the waves and Baal at P1. The maps that are packed with Burning Souls I just skip because even with maxed lightning resist they tear me apart, and it’s insta death if I am switched to bow. I do like how quick Lightning Fury deals with the waves and I switch to a Thunderstroke for Baal while I poke him to death.

I might try a TGods instead of Razortail since the bow side isn’t used much anyway. If anything just for the hell of it.

Anybody have any Baal running tips for me?
Oops double post
Nearing 2100 AT runs, got one sur, the second best was u pul, I think.

darkstarhub said:
Anybody have any Baal running tips for me?

I'm no expert on fishyzons, but here are a few I've picked up or learned running WSK/baal:
- if you haven't already, check out this guide: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Magic_Find_Amazon_v1.10,_by_Nightfish , it's where I learned most of what I know
- finding a map with the next level's entrance close is very important (even with teleport because zon FCR breakpoints are bad), adding some FRW can help close the distance
- pierce also helps fury because each time the projectile goes through another monster it arches, so I wouldn't go lower that 90%
- if you can spare the room, taking a kelpie snare to slow baal to a crawl is a great idea, I equip it until the merc scores a hit and then throw it on the ground, equip insight and poke with CS, reapply the kelpie slow every 10s (or so), that way you maintain mana
- wizendraw (-30%+) is uncontested when dealing with resistant monsters, and in hell difficulty in general, when it comes to cheap bow options, there is no need to upgrade it since the physical damage component is negligible
- you don't need the dodge skills, they will interrupt your attacks, and a decoy +merc should be enough do deal with nasty packs
- checking out the attack breakpoints could improve your baal killing speed a lot, but have mana in mind (CS can consume a lot)
I haven't tracked total runs done or even the total time played, but I'm fairly certain it's under 1K runs (Players 1 of course). Definitely some good luck there with the high runes.
I've finally made it to 1k runs. Averaging around 50 seconds per run with roughly 5-7 packs per run. About 16 hours total invested including item management etc.
It's getting hard to find something that bolsters my top 5 and unfortunately my time available for the rest of the event is very limited. (I'll probably be able to do another 200-300 runs at the most.)

Some non qualifiers:
408FTm7.jpg

bjQoXxj.jpg

And troll troll troll:
zFiuG3O.jpg

PDoaKKu.jpg

0wBt7d3.jpg

tVb2oi5.jpg

o8OqsVV.jpg
Doing my part to contribute to the collective MFO rune haul:
1597755325748.png
As noted, I am not tracking number of runs and only loosely tracking time (~9 hours now, closer to 7.5 when this dropped). I'm not sure if it's lucky or about on expectation to find one HR in that span, but I'll take it either way!
Some more rare item drops for me. I feel so blessed...

Code:
Felloak
Club
One Hand Damage: 1 - 10
Durability: 19 of 24
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x28b219f9
Unidentified
74% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 6 - 8 Fire Damage
Knockback
Lightning Resist +60%
Fire Resist +20%

Gull
Dagger
One Hand Damage: 2 - 19
Durability: 13 of 16
Required Level: 4
Fingerprint: 0x489c12f
Unidentified
Adds 1 - 15 Damage
-5 to Mana
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

The Gnasher
Hand Axe
One Hand Damage: 6 - 14
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x4921602a
Unidentified
60% Enhanced Damage
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
50% Chance of Open Wounds
+8 to Strength
Ethereal

The Hand of Broc
Leather Gloves
Defense: 14
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x9639dc8d
Unidentified
3% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
+16% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
+20 to Mana
Poison Resist +10%

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 103
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xc4840df2
Unidentified
+98 Defense (Based on Character Level)
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Also, I had Lo drop for me last night as well.

1597755353757.png
Scourges ... for some reason I have found a very high amount of blue and yellow scourges already. Other promising base items, like Sacred Armors and Coronas, not so much so. But scourges ...

Going to run now for a few more hours. Good thing I still have quite some free days off from work, so I could use one now, on the right time :).
In the past 24 hours I have managed to quadruple my total number of qualifiers. My top 4 is solid. If I can find a fifth, it may be lights out for the competition.

And just another little tidbit to strike fear into runners' eyes:
Code:
MF:         107

He's getting stronger.
Update sent. Still much room for improvement...
Some trolls from past session:

1597755426361.png

1597755454442.png

1597755484831.png

So close to Death's Web #5 from this MFO, as well as Griffon's #3 and Tyrael's #2 ...

Also this nice skiller:

1597755515665.png
Results sent. Re: Status

End of day 6:
1597755563079.png

End of day 7:
1597755566561.png

Also, to shake things up a bit, and put a little fear into my competitor, Agguh, I am posting a haul pic. I realize this breaks with tradition and may violate the rules, but its worth the ban hammer if it comes to that:

1597755577465.png

For those holding their breath in disbelief, indeed those are Cathan's Seals. Mic drop...

As an aside, we need to reach out to Nulio that his spreadsheet is broken. Somehow, with all that cheddar, my scoring hasnt changed...
Results sent. 875 Pit runs done.

I might have some time this evening, but not much. Then only some 2 - 3 hours on Sunday. I'll hope to score an upgrade then.

T72on1 said:
Results sent. 875 Pit runs done.

I might have some time this evening, but not much. Then only some 2 - 3 hours on Sunday. I'll hope to score an upgrade then.
Same here. I was hoping for a huge final push this weekend. But there's so much going on with work and events, it won't be even half of what I wanted.
Result sent.

I haven't kept count of my runs; but as a rough estimate, I'm at about 500 runs. This, of course, is a very rough estimate based solely on my avg of S/U found per run and total S/U found; and disregards various gear swaps, player settings and map rolling that happend along the week. I honestly have no clue if it's much higher or much lower than 500 at this point.

On a good note, I did hit my personal goal just last night. It leaves me 3 more days to try a push just a bit further.

As always, good luck to everyone for the remaining 3 days. =D
Since complaining always helps ... I'm complaining out loud now, really loud ...

Ok, that should make sure I actually do get qualifiers next time I play, on Sunday, and not 2 hours without one, let alone a good one ...

Cheers.
After 1700 runs, I've seen 3 failed Unearthed Wands, 3 or 4 Sacred Armor, 3 or 4 Archon Staff. But, this is the first Dimensional Shard I've found. :(
1597755836842.png

8 durability left, for those concerned.. @Albatross ;)
Update sent. It's probably my final score (unless I can't sleep tonight) because we're heading out of town first thing tomorrow am. A couple more rune drops:
1597755861704.png
1597755888448.png
Plus an Um. Maybe the Pit zerker thought this was RFL? The non-qualifier highlights so far:
Code:
Graverobber's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xabcc8f2f
Unidentified
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Necromancer's Tiara of the Tiger
Tiara
Defense: 43
Durability: 21 of 25
Fingerprint: 0x83791187
Unidentified
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+29 to Life

Trainer's Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe9338fb7
Unidentified
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)
+4 to Strength

Lucky Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x5e1d89cf
Unidentified
39% Extra Gold from Monsters
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lucky Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x114bd8b7
Unidentified
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Death's Guard
Sash
Defense: 22
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0xce5f25b2
Unidentified
+20 Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One Hand Damage: 9 - 14
Durability: 15 of 24
Fingerprint: 0x55c930c1
Unidentified
100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius

Acrobatic Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc0e85c40
Unidentified
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Entrapping Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcde5e2e1
Unidentified
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+8 to Life

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xe02c92d4
Unidentified
+163 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Greyform
Quilted Armor
Defense: 29
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0xe66685a9
Unidentified
5% Life stolen per hit
+20 Defense
+10 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +20%
Fire Resist +20%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3

Mentalist's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x86da58a2
Unidentified
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

The Cat's Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x89b0f122
Unidentified
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+100 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+25 to Dexterity

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One Hand Damage: 11 - 20
Durability: 13 of 13
Fingerprint: 0x519c35c1
Unidentified
100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius
Ethereal

Serpent's Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xeca0b45b
Unidentified
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+16 to Mana
With the eth Rixot's, a goal for this tourney was achieved: progress on eth grail with TC3 items! :) It remains to be seen if I made progress on the overall grail . . .

Good luck to everyone over the last couple days!
Still seeking for updates to my top five, shouldn't be impossible after not playing mon-thursday at all :)

Gl all for the final push!
Still second last? Well this is embarrassing:/
Great event, wish I had more time.
My top 5 hasn’t changed in some 400-500 runs and won’t be able to play again until tomorrow, for 1-2 hours at the most.

Good luck all.
In the meanwhile, I'm risking my placement trying to figure out some game recording software. I've got it running and I'll try to put some worthy runs up on YT soon.. or perhaps tomorrow, since I'm a bit hungover from last night.

Got a neat grailer during one of the test runs :)

1:288000 (at 500MF)

1597755953172.png
zemaj said:
Motivational comment: there is less than 40pts separating the top and bottom slots :eek:
Well... I've met my goal few days ago, so I wasn't planning to run much more over the weekend; but 40 points between @Albatross and myself seems like any lucky drop will push me out of last place. So here I was sneaking in a few runs... and voila!
View attachment 6786
2nd Lo for myself (ever?) and like the 5th posted in the last few pages lol. This brings me to 2 Lo, 1 Ber, 3 Mal, 1 Um, 3 Pul from Pits this week alone.

I credit this find to @zemaj for his motivational comment. lol =D

EDIT: where could i put the 2nd Lo to use? I'm playing untwinked and self-found and am planning to stick as bowazon till the end.
Gynli said:
EDIT: where could i put the 2nd Lo to use? I'm playing untwinked and self-found and am planning to stick as bowazon till the end.
Fortitude for your merc is about it, really.
@zemaj
@necrolemming

I am eventually gonna switch to faith/wf setup. What would be the best base for the rogue merc that I can temporarily keep on the moron? The armor doesn't affect how the merc looks so I'm up for any bases.

Then again, by the time I find the runes for a faith I should have another Lo...
Whatever ethbuggable light elite armor you run into is fine, really. I don't know about the merits of the FR/W penalty on mercenaries for heavier bases (I'm told that it makes their movement easier to control, but I imagine that's more useful for the melee ones), but making one and then not meeting the strength requirement would be annoying.
I love the MFO haul excitement! I can't wait to see those glorious haul pics :D
Still in 8th after all that? I should stop wasting my time.
There must be something going on with map seeds.. I swear, I've seen 20+ Lich Wands by now.. And, nothing in terms of HRs. But, a disproportionate amount of Dol and Hel.
Again.. that's like 4, or possibly 5 of each of these.. (back to back runs):
1597755977781.png1597756003595.png
Should I have sent my results to @zemaj if I am running Baal? I sent them to @Grape, but it’s not really a big deal since Baal does not like me. I’m not giving in till the end though since I know one good drop can change things massively.
And, one more of each.. thank you very much.. (that's yellow, not gold)
1597756041258.png
1597756067273.png

@EatSleepDiablov2 your Cathans collection is cool and all, but isn't going to help you much, while I have found 4 Ali Babas so far and put them to good use (2 for each hand), so you better watch out :)
3 or 4 Ali Baba's here as well. And disappointement about my placement, considering I have spent about twice as much time as I normally could / should.

Here's hoping for the final push this evening, but not counting on much.
@DiabloTwoinDC it's just how RNG works. I've seen at least a dozen sacred armors, dimensional shards, coronas, unearthed wands, archons staffs drop in the wrong color.. but I just say: "every blue/yellow one that drops brings me a little closer to gold".

I'm too busy with RL today so I doubt I'll have much time to improve my score which means those still grinding today could easily climb up the ladder with a bit of luck.
Albatross said:
@DiabloTwoinDC it's just how RNG works. I've seen at least a dozen sacred armors, dimensional shards, coronas, unearthed wands, archons staffs drop in the wrong color.. but I just say: "every blue/yellow one that drops brings me a little closer to gold".
I tell myself the exact same thing.. although I know it's not true. :(

Statistically, I'm no better off on run 2000, after finding 6th Unearthed Wand, than I am on run #1. :(

My brother used to do this at Roulette. He would watch the table and wait for red or black to hit 4 times in a row, then bet the opposite. "It can't hit 5 times, or 6 times in a row." It sure can, odds are the same as square one.
I know, but it's those white lies that keep me going :)
Final runs done, results sent. Thanks again for hosting @Grape and @zemaj for supervising alvl85.
Going to put a few more hours in tonight then send final results, big drops or bust.
Squeezed in a couple more uneventful runs before midnight, finished the run video upload (which I'll release after the results because it contains a qualifier), and preping the readouts for the top 5..

I'd like to thank @Grape for being our host, and @zemaj for stepping up as an area 85 supervisor!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone had found (also hoping no one manages/d to beat my score :p).
Still have time left but met my goal of 7,000+ runs:

1597756168740.png

Quite a few upgrades this weekend. 152 qualifiers. 903 S/U total.

Results sent with summary (and haul pic) forthcoming...
Danger, Danger!
1597756179342.png
quick cancel the MFO
Final result sent to @zemaj.

I was able to update one of my top 5 since Friday's result, which was nice. This was my first MFO and I was no where near prepared when it started, but I'm glad I joined. =) Much thanks to @Grape for hosting and @zemaj for volunteering to supervise lvl85 area.
2 upgrades in the final 2-3 hours but nothing major, unfortunately.

E: final score sent, thanks to organizer/mediators. 1200~ runs total with a 1 month old Sorceress, got some very good upgrades for near future CS runs. I also got within 70~ runs of my XP goal of clvl 93.
Ended up having time for one big final push today, which yielded nothing for top 5. Last big find occurred last night, during some runs I only did out of spite, after finding out I was still in 8th and getting ready to quit. Weird. Like the game teased me to keep going.

Spent way too much time running this tourney but came out with some good stuff. Also leveled from Level 91.25 - 93.7 or so. Had wanted to push all the way to L94 but this weekend did not allow it. Not sure of the amount of runs I did... 1300+ I think. I'm curious to run theoretical numbers to see what the mean & median scores would be for that many runs with ~485 MF.
Hopefully as I put together haul pics, I'll start to feel better. But, I'm kinda disappointed based on how much time I invested: 40+ hrs, 2500 runs and lvl 91-94+. This was a Herculean effort for me, while still working a full time job, watching an 18 mo. old, and falling I'll after the first 3 days.. :(

Results started off very good, but only managed a couple of small upgrades mon-thur. And, the big final push yielded a whopping 0.7 point improvement. :(

Those boots were with me the whole way though. They finally gave in with >100 runs to go. ;)
Results sent. Made a bit of improvement on Friday, but was ill last night so no running. That last minute DWeb remains unfound.
@Locohead it will be interesting to compare results once they are published.

I've raked in about 2900 runs in the end, there was no time to make it to a nice round 3k. Total run time was approximately 30-32 hours which includes muling, as well as tweaking and testing gear setups.

Edit: @DiabloTwoinDC MVP boots :)
DiabloTwoinDC RNG is ridiculous. Seems like I'd go huge stretches with nothing, then the top 5 items came at me in the short stretches or when I least expected. Now I'm going to finish L94 so we'll see if any insane items drop now post-MFO.

Albatross I spent too much time doing side stuff like rolling crafting amulets and similar. Eventually I stopped and just shifted materials to stashes but I still never managed to stop myself from picking up things like magical rings and amulets lol. I still don't see how you can have a 35 second run time. Even having Harmony on my switch and a short teleport, I couldn't get near that. I was lucky to have 1 minute runs. If I do it next time I'll have stronger merc gear, maybe give up on blizzard because it's just too spotty, maybe even just go to a pit barb. Find Item seems too tempting...
Good job everyone, I look forward to seeing all the juicy results!
I didn't get any more playtime before leaving town, so last update was my final score. Good job everyone, looking forward to seeing your hauls. Thanks also to @Grape for hosting and @zemaj for hosting.

Awesome work everyone!

@darkstarhub sorry I missed your earlier post, yep you sent your results to a right guy :) any final updates?

Baal and Pindle is about ready otherwise, thanks for sending me your results.

I want to already give Big thanks to @zemaj for supervising the most crowded category! I'll add my own results myself once you're ready.

Real life got in to a way big time, sorry for not being available so much!
@Grape Yes I managed to get some upgrades. I will PM you when I get home from work. I meant to bring the paper I wrote it down on to work but I forgot to bring it. I am sure it’s not going to put me on top, but I did have fun even though my luck continues to suck. One things for sure, if we ever do another WSK tournament I have character that can do it very well.
zemaj said:
Well, I passed out slumped over my keyboard last night, so I feel like I put in a solid effort. Too bad Baal+waves drop so poorly, comparatively...

I'll send results this evening and ill start working on final standings

REMINDER: all final scores need GoMule/ATMA read outs!
10ish hours have already passed, and there isn't a results thread yet? Man, things sure were better in the good old days when that guy was in charge, forget his name..
Fabian said:
10ish hours have already passed, and there isn't a results thread yet? Man, things sure were better in the good old days when that guy was in charge, forget his name..
I concur, quit living IRL and get those damned haul pics up! :D
zemaj said:
REMINDER: all final scores need GoMule/ATMA read outs!
Sorry, I forgot about the readouts to send to you. Already prepared them for my post once the results are up, so I will copy / past them now and send them to you.
I got here just in time to see the results I see!

It's great to see so many familiar "faces" in this thread, almost made me want to install D2 again. (Blizzard just release D2 HD allowing us to keep all our SP loot!)
All I can say is brace yourselves for what's coming when the results get posted.
Any interest in having an MFO tourney after the first of the year with five targets, involving the following possibles: Pindle, Baal, Pit, AT, Cows, LK, Trav, TC3s, Meph, etc.? Contestants would vote on which five, with majority rule.

Set aside ten day periods in each month (each contestant decides start/ending dates as long as the days are consecutive).

We could play it straight or mix it up by requiring a different class for each target? Whirling assasins in Trav, Windy's in pits, etc.

I would organize and host. Let me know if this is something workable...
EatSleepDiablov2 said:
Any interest in having an MFO tourney after the first of the year with five targets, involving the following possibles: Pindle, Baal, Pit, AT, Cows, LK, Trav, TC3s, Meph, etc.? Contestants would vote on which five, with majority rule.

Set aside ten day periods in each month (each contestant decides start/ending dates as long as the days are consecutive).

We could play it straight or mix it up by requiring a different class for each target? Whirling assasins in Trav, Windy's in pits, etc.

I would organize and host. Let me know if this is something workable...
During this MFO I had thought also of the idea of a multi-area tournament. The big drawback I can see is time. I spent a ton of time on MFO and some others did also, I wonder if we could limit this one to a certain amount of hours and/or runs, and you hit the wall at whichever one you hit first. Like for something like Ancient Tunnels if it was 10 hours or 750? runs, whichever comes first for you. That's just an example. And that would be one week's worth of the multi-stage tourney.
Sounds like a plan. Not only the tournament, but also @Locohead 's suggestion. Although at the end of this MFO I swore to myself not to do a tournament again, because they are only a source of frustration for me in the end. I bet by the time this would launch, I will have already forgotten about that though.

5 targets? TC3s for sure, they rock !!! Other than that Cows, Pit, Trav and Meph for most versatility? The difficulty would probably be that not everything can drop from all those sources, so not sure if scoring system like we have it now would work.
I like capping the number of hours. Participants could then decide how best to manage the time.

Scoring sheets would be a challenge, particularly for TC3s. BishBosh, v Normal Andy vs NM Andy etc. We could use the item level of the drop at ATMA to score it. Therefore points for Pluckeye from NM Andy would be different from Blood Raven, etc.
Shameless plug.. :oops:

The Sin War [Triune vs. Cathedral of Light]

Any interest/suggestions on incorporating some TEAM magic finding? That is what I envisioned by having two "cults" that are able to trade within the group.
Here's my paltry Rune drops: (map seed definitely favored Dol and Hel..)
Code:
27 - Amn
16 - Sol
9 - Shael
22 - Dol
12 - Hel
5 - Io
4 - Lum
7 - Ko
4 - Fal
1 - Lem

1 - Mal

2 - Gul

1597756399494.png

1597756407831.png
Were the MFO results posted somewhere and I missed them?

And D2inDC - yeah the runes weren't too kind to you. I managed 1 each of Ber, Sur, Vex, Gul, Mal and Um.
Locohead said:
Were the MFO results posted somewhere and I missed them?
Still waiting on results, hopefully it was okay to post runes .. :oops:
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

These results are as elusive as Tyrael's Might!
Curious for the results as well. And if you think those rune drops were paltry ... I got 1 Pul, 1 Fal, 1 Ko, 4x Lum and then the lower ones. And even those at a far lower amount than DiabloTwoinDC. But I'll do the ranting in my overview post once the results are there :(.
Oof. RL hit me hard it seems, and I didn't get the chance to run at all. Looking forward to the result from those that did though, always fun!
Hi guys, just got home from work.

I'll put the results thread up tonight but be easy to your F5s :D

And sorry again for this little delay, my life is really hectic right now.

Edit, @zemaj could you send me the alvl results. I'm sure there's ppl still missing and many forgot the readouts but let's add them afterwards. As far as top places go, it should be ready, no? I'll add my own final score myself :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High