This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Grape on Oct 10, 2017.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
Welcome to the 2017 Autumn MFO! It's time to have the magic finding event of the Single Player Forum, where legends are made
and even some golden Sacred Armors finally found...!
Prepare your characters, your mind and get hyped for the biggest SPF event of 2017!
Start time: November 3rd 2017, 00:00 local time
End time: November 12th 2017, 23:59 local time
Total time - 10 days.
Most of the text below is courtesy of previous hosts, namely nulio and Fabian. I'll just shamefully copy most of the text of the previous MFO posts. If I forgot something let me know.
MFO stands for Magic Finding Olympics. For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of three targets and runs that target like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds updated scoresheets below and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.
No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.
- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas
- In the interest of sportsmanship, please PM regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:
Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Grape
Level 85 Areas
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
I will need 1-3 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one. Supervisors will be updated here later. I need at least one, because I'll run alvl85 myself, and it would be cool to stay unaware of the results of that one until the end.
Things to include in your PM (Progress and final upates):
- Title should contain MFO
- Your forum name
- The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered
- If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor a PM saying so.
PMyour score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.
I'd like to receive updates from:
- The first three days (Friday and weekend) until the end of Monday, November 6th
- The first seven days (until 11:59 PM of Thursday) until the end of Friday, November 10th
- Final score as soon as you can, please just send it when you finish playing for the MFO
The list of entered participants will follow.
If you're entered, try to do your best.
And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.
Allowed mods: any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later. If you're not familar with forum accepted mods (FAM), please read the rules!
Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.
Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.
Do not post any qualifiers found during the MFO! Here or in the IFT.
The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves)
Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.
Summary of rules:
-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.
-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.
-In case of two players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.
-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.
We had a little discussion earlier, and I decided to keep this part of the tradition. You don't have to claim anything, but please give if you're asked.
1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.
Previous "good sportsmanship" suggestions:
1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.
These won't be enforced but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.
The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.
Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)
Nulio created an excel file that can help you several things:
1. 'Tables' sheet has all the scores
2. 'Point Calculator' sheet allows you to list all your finds and calculates your score
a) You have to indicate the category
b) If you are playing more than one category, duplicate the sheet
c) To allow automatic timestamping you need to turn the iterative calculation (File > Options > Formulas > Enable iterative calculation). If you don't want it just delete the column
d) To allow auto completion of cells you need to turn it on (File > Options > Advanced > Enable AutoComplete For Cell Values).
3. 'Rankings' sheet can help supervisors... supervise
If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me.
LINKS TO PREVIOUS MFOs (in the tournament listings thread).
Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!