MF League, 2011/2012 Season - Sign-Up and Discussion! [by Fabian]

Re: MF League, 2011/2012 Season - Sign-Up and Discussion!

what

10 chars

st00pid paradigm :(

Wow, I never expected results to be so bad. I really could have played a bit more then what I did >_>

frozzzen said:
Wow, I never expected results to be so bad. I really could have played a bit more then what I did >_>

same here :( i had ohm and gul in 3 hours but i could not have found urge to play. If i knew results are that bad, i could have played more :D

anyway, congrats to point getters 👍

A tight race in the end, congrats to the winners. Bring on the Pits, once I fine a decent map that is!

Cow level is confirmed terrible, and has been ever since the last Cow round :)

Wow, I can't believe I got second! and that was with about 18 hours, even though the last 3 didn't count I didn't find any qualifiers in it.

I completed one of my main goals though, which was to find an eth 4os pole, which was finally done at around hour 16. Sadly, I think the 2 ists and ohm are more exciting to me than the Jah. I just wanted 2xBer really.

Found 13 qualifiers, of which 6 were KO.

back to LK for me ;)

Congrats to everyone!
I forgot to post my results, they weren't spectacular ^^

Ohm
Lem
Lem
Lem
Ko
I can give a screenshot for Ohm if needed. Back to Travincal for me.

I guess the posting of the results confirms the end of the round being last weekend. Is it too late to send in results?

This is mine (or would've been in case i'm too late):

jah 13.8
ist 5.6
gul 5.3
mal 3.8
um 3.8

total: 32,3

With the round ending last weekend i had to scratch one gul i found tuesday that would've made top 5.

Edit: Forgot to mention the other notable finds, which are: 4x cow king item (3 hats, 1 hide), 8x skiller (best being a natural gc /w 32 life), nightwing's veil, Tals amu and the not-so-legendary legendary mallet.

And a pic of my top rune.

Looking at the results, I don't feel so bad for sticking a Pul into a Wirt's Leg.

I'm looking forward to the pits, though.

My top five runes after 20 hours of cows:

Lum
Dol
Dol
Shael
Shael

How many pit runs can you guys do in 20 hours?

Can you point me to where I can get a good program to count runs?

I would very much like to join this. Will send the Pgems, shortly.
Pits is my favorite.
I think I can probably only do about ~200 runs in 20 hours.
Run counter/timer is in the atma/gomule sticky.

I could do about 1k runs if I was playing this round. Although it is more important to know how many boss packs you are killing, as pit maps can vary.

1000 will be upper end of pit runs. Anyone that can do that gets major props from me. I think I would be able to do 800 or so, but this round will be dominated by pit barbs with loads of MF and hork. I don't think any other class has reason to win, but ofc it's all luck in the end.

With no pit barb in my char list, I think I'll just take good old poison necro and go for good old experience + runes mixed in. Who knows, I might just find Tyrael's :)badteeth:) but on paper, non barb char doesn't seem to have chance.

That is, if I go into this round at all.

I am sending my gems after work tonight. This is going to be fun. I have a meteorb in Hell, act 2 (lvl 76) and a pat'd fishymancer lvl 90. I guess I will try a few runs with each to see which ones work the best?

Is it still Dec 9-18? Is there a scoring sheet like there was for pindle?

It's Dec 9-25! In other words, this starts in 90 minutes for me.

Here is the qualifier list for level 85 areas. Good luck everyone!

On a personal note, this is the category I'm planning on winning, so bring it on everybody :p

could i still join into mf league (just for fun category)? i have had 3,5 months break and now i have energy to play again.

Go right ahead!

Given the disastrousness of my last round, I've got high hopes for this one. An SoJ or a certain unique shako would make it worth it!

There'll be a couple of polite ales this evening, and then let the droppage begin...

Fabian said:
On a personal note, this is the category I'm planning on winning, so bring it on everybody :p

:funnyabove: :rolf:

Just have to steal some charms from my other chars to improve him a bit, get a good meal and i'm ready to roll.

Well, I am in trouble already. I am going to have to find some great items (already found one good one :) ) in order to compete. My average time is 5 minutes per run and my best is 4 minutes. uh oh. 240 runs vs 1000 runs isn't going to stack up well for my score.

I would like to report a Ohm in my first 10 runs. I hope I can keep that average up.

Verno said:
Well, I am in trouble already. I am going to have to find some great items (already found one good one :) ) in order to compete. My average time is 5 minutes per run and my best is 4 minutes. uh oh. 240 runs vs 1000 runs isn't going to stack up well for my score.

I would like to report a Ohm in my first 10 runs. I hope I can keep that average up.

About 6mins/round here. Not fussed, particularly as completing the 20hrs at all will be an acheivement.

edit: HAd 2 qualifiers drop on the same screen today. Never had anything like that before.

Fabian,
Did you get my email with the gems? I am such a newb with this stuff!

Ten hours down and I've got 24 qualifiers, none of them within cooee of double figures. Unless my luck changes, I'll not be a threat.

11 hours down and I have 9 qualifiers, none of them are double figures either. I am doing all this on P1 with my fishymancer. Nix, how many runs per hour are you getting? I am right at 12/hour. I think that is LOL bad.

I will say that I have found a lot of things that I have never seen. One object that I found was a Kira's Guardian which had all resists +69. I couldn't believe that it isn't in the top 120 unique/set items on the MF list. WTF????

@Verno: 19 runs in 1:38 hrs for me, so we're about equal. That's with a fishyzon and about 300MF.

Kira's is not considered as an Elite unique(I found one but I was also upset that it wasn't on the list). I don't have spare time but I'm trying to run when I have it. Thanks to my venomancer, it's pretty quick( around 1.5 mins/run).

lol fuzzy, you are getting 3 runs to my 1 run.

@Verno: I'm running the Pits in about two minutes with 370ish% MF. I'm doing it with my Nova/Orb sorc, so anything that is LI/CI I simply skip. I've also got a route through the Pits and I only kill the bosses that are obvious, I don't go looking for them. The upshot being that in some runs I only kill about half the potential amount of bosses. :ashamed:

Nice to see others' running stats.. 👍

As for me, I'm running with a poison necro, somewhat full clears at p5 and 478 MF, runtime was almost exactly 3 mins when I started but I think it has dropped a bit. 11 hours done and 25 qualifiers, and I hope not too many of them make it into the final top 5. :p

I've started running, but motherboard of my PC went down so I'm not even sure if I'll be able to participate until this round's end. So far I have 4.5h of running under my belt,
not sue about qualifiers, but two of them are on lower sied of "acceptable qualifiers" list.

p7 poison nec runs 1:22 average running times. High but acceptable. Only 360 MF, but I hope I can improve it up to 411 by the time I get new PC, if I have enough time to participate.

How long does this round even last?

I've done ~11h of running with my Telezerker (the no-switch version). Average run times were around 1:05 (433% MF, 54% hork). My Top 5 is decent, but I'm not sure if I can find the motivation to improve it any further. The non-qualifiers are ok for /p1 runs (2xMal, 1xFacet, SoJ).
Now I just have to remember to actually send my results. :)

The only chance we have to win is if Frozzzen's PC crashes. :)

Sorry to hear about that Frozzzen and I hope it gets fixed quickly.

Also, this event ends December 25th.

Twenty hours completed, 600 odd runs done and 50 qualifiers found. In the end I did find a double figure qualifier, but exactly that, in the low teens too. I did find 2 grailies though. That means only 10 to go now. Results sent.

About halfway through my runs, and I found an IK Stone Crusher! Since I found the lowest scoring qualifier, I'm expecting a Tyreal's any moment now to balance it out. #Iheartnonsequiturs

I've had major motivation and time problems on this round, I've only done about 3 hours so far.

Hopefully things will quietne down a bit now and I may make it to at least 10 hours by the end.

Almost 10 hours done and not too bad a top5 for me right now. Um is the highest rune so far, but that's expected with a zerker vs a poison necro or other mass killing toon. Hope to knock out a couple of the lower scoring items and get this top5 to MFO scoring standards!!!

14 hours down, just 10 qualifiers. Good news is that my speed has increased. I am getting closer to the 4 minute mark now. :)

Swamigoon said:
Since I found the lowest scoring qualifier, I'm expecting a Tyreal's any moment now to balance it out. #Iheartnonsequiturs
Nope, the monster that was going to drop the Tyreal's read my post and dropped an Isenhart's Case out of spite.

Just sent my final results to Fabian. Sadly, I don't have much time to play nowadays, last time I played on Saturday I think 👎
I ran a bit less than 5 hours this round.

Improved char a bit (tnx omg :cloud9:), squeezed in some more MF, but still loads of single digit qualifiers in top5. I doubt I'll get points this round unless I go with allnighter or something like that, what probably won't happen.

12h done, 8 remaining. Best rune with poison necro is Mal, what is big disappointment, and overall best drop is 7 life chilling skiller :/
There was also one run where I got SoJ and Wisp Projector both in same run, but no good charm or anything.

214 total pgems with 4 chars full of gems that need cubing. Probably will be possible to get +300 pgems from this round so not everything is wasted.

Hoping to get to about 5 hours by the 25th: I'm on holiday now, so (perversely) this means I tend to have less time for D2 than I'd like.
I seem to be in that magic MF bracket where all I get is yellow drops, not gold or green. I know this is nonsense (that there's no range of MF% that means only rares drop) but you all know what I mean.

Finished my 20 hours, and sent results to you, Fabian. Spoilers in my blog.

Results send. Runtime: 20 hrs. Deaths: 3. MF: ~420. Number of qualifiers: 59. Most popular qualifier: Dark adherent (5x). Number of runs: 852. Which gives an average of 42,6 runs/hour. Not bad, as slightly over halfway my average was about 1 run/hour less.

No improvements in the last 3 hrs. Notable finds in these hours were 2 facets that had exactly the same stats, 4/-5 fire lvl. Gave me a deja vu feeling. And on that subject: another strange thing was 3 sc's in a row that were all plain balancing sc's. Was starting to think i missed some (inter)national 'day of balance' or something like that.

Best thing was me gaining my third lvl with slightly less than 2 hrs to go. This means my barb is now lvl 89 and could change this amu:

Storm Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 27
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xb7d8e94d
+13 to Energy
+38 to Life
All Resistances +15
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate

For this:

Eagle Mark
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0x1d244cb1
+8 to Energy
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 8%
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +52%
Poison Resist +20%
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
9% Faster Cast Rate

Edit: Totally forgot to mention the character i ran with: SingingButcher.

Finally done, email sent. Only managed 19 hours. I am embarrassed to post after Cyrax...

240 runs, 14 qualifiers. 1 magic ring, no amulets. I Ohm, 1 Lo.

The good news is that I found so many things I have never found before, so I deem this a success even though I am sure I got last place.

I ran with my on pat'd toon, my fishymancer. Not having Enigma has to be a huge reason why I managed so few a runs.

results sent. i ran with poisonmancer p1 and 470mf. i got 50 qualifiers and i did 757runs. so average was 1min,35sec which was disappointment. in summer mfo my average was 1min,21sec. don´t know why i was so slow this time. maybe didn´t paid enough attention to run times. atleast i have to roll better map. biggest runes were 2 x vex. big thing was that i got one grailer which is allways fun. i´m now at -13. thanks fabian for organising this. this kind of events are allways nice motivator for running.

Results are sent. 12 hours of running and 27 qualifiers. My poisonmancer had 339MF. I was pretty unlucky with the runes, dozens of Io,Hel,Ko and Lum runes are found. At least non-qualifiers are ok: SoJ, Eth Hone Sundan, Eth Skullder's Ire etc. My runtimes were like 1.30 mins, a better rolled map could make it shorter.

So my computer hard disk crashed so I can't boot up to play D2 at the moment. No play = no score.

Results sent. 357 runs for a total of 16 hours. Avg runtime was 2:20s. Ran with an old IK Barb I had made a long time ago respecced to run as a zerker. Died like 4 times. Wasn't very good with him and could have had a better map to improve the run times.

Um was the highest rune found. Best non-qualifier was probably a fine sc of inertia (3/14). No grailers found which was disappointing.

Sorry, was busy yesterday and today. Sending results soon.

What sort of excuse is that? Was it Christmas or something?!?

Results sent. Truly hor-ren-dous. The battle for last place is on.

IIRC Fabian said round 5 would be the other runehunt (trav) so for next round that would leave either AT or other lvl 85 areas.

Or Baal..........

Baal is not in the list as seen in the first post:

This time around, the rounds will be of the most popular running targets in the SPF: Pindle, AT, Pit, A85 Areas, Travincal (rune hunt) and Cows (rune hunt).

We can cross off Pindle, cows and pits as we've done those already. So that leaves AT, A85 areas and trav.

I'm hoping for Trav next round.

Ah i was mistaken then, twas round 4 and not 5 for the second runehunt. Unless Fabian changed his mind this means Trav is next.

No Baal?!? That's a pity. Baal runs are fun. Plus the only thing more boring than AT is LK. Oh well, I might do Baal in the next MFO.

Anyone have an idea what happened to Fabian? Previous round results got posted before i even realised the round had ended and now i'm anxiously awaiting results. Is he on holiday or did he get eaten by the squid? :wink2:

Fabian, you ok? I am worried about this giant squid that Cyrax is speaking of...

I'm seriously starting to worry here... What I know of scandinavia, the christmas vacation should have ended yesterday at the very least. And if Fabian is working and has a longer vacation, I think he would've said so. Does anyone know him IRL? Has he been on IRC/MSN/whatever?

I'm fairly sure I saw him online last week, but it was very brief.

Let's steal his underwear while he's not looking!

Originally posted by: @Fabian

Sorry about this guys. I haven't been on the forums in weeks (apart from having it as my start page when I open Chrome, so technically I've been here I guess). It's probably a good idea for someone else to take over hosting duties at this point.

omgwtfbbqpwned
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Griwold's Redemption 11.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Azurewrath 7.8
Total 84.0

zgpmf
Death's Web 27.9
Ravenlore 14.6
Shaefer's Hammer 11.6
Cerebus' Bite 11.0
Templar's Might 10.7
Total 75.8

scrcrw
Death's Web 27.9
Templar's Might 10.7
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Heaven's Light 9.8
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Total 68.9

Kaerion
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Ravenlore 14.6
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Earth Shifter 9.3
Total 63.7

Cyrax
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Heaven's Light 9.8
Giant Skull 8.1
Total 59.2

Paradigmshift
Ravenlore 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6
Cerebus' Bite 11.0
The Grandfather 9.3
Arkaine's Valor 7.8
Total 57.3

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Redemption
Shadow Dancer
The Redeemer
Total 57.3

EatSleepDiablo
Cerebus' Bite 11.0
Crown of Ages 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Templar's Might 10.7
Executioner's Justice 9.3
Total 52.1

frozzzen
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
The Redeemer 9.8
Death Cleaver 9.3
The Grandfather 9.3
Total 49.5

TheNix
Ravenlore 14.6
The Grandfather 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Giant Skull 8.1
Spirit Ward 8.1
Total 49.4

horseheadnebula
Templar's Might 10.7
Earth Shifter 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Total 47.9

janooo
Heaven's Light
Death Cleaver
Demonhorn's Edge
Wolfhowl
Firelizard's Talons
Total 39,5

zemaj
Dragonscale 14.6
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Razor's Edge 3.6
Flamebellow 3.3
Total 38.6

Verno
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Windforce 9.3
Boneshade 7.9
Fleshripper 4.6
Lacerator 4.3
Total 35.9

LD50
Death Cleaver 9.3
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Stoneraven 6.0
Total 35.3

Swamigoon
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Blackoak Shied 5.9
Immortal King's Soul Cage 4.3
Andariel's Visage 4.3
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 3.8
Total 26.1

Victus
Warshrike 5.7
Stormshield 5.0
Marrowwalk 5.0
Natalya's Mark 4.3
Cranebeak 4.3
Total 24.3

Some guy with no name who scored 8.4 points with 3 qualifiers.

Don't worry about the hold up, it's good to know you're there at least and hopefully in one piece. :)

I can't believe how you guys managed your finds in just 20 hours... Itemwise my result was laughable, but at least I got two Jahs, a Sur, Vex and two Guls.

If no one else wants to I wouldn't mind taking over the hosting. I don't plan on playing any of the other rounds at this point, not that it really matters though.

Fabian said:
Some guy with no name who scored 8.4 points with 3 qualifiers.

That would be me, then. Sent my results after a bottle of wine at about 12.30pm. ;p

Damn, so you stole me the last place. :p
What will be the next round? :scratchchin:

Assuming we are running Trav this round, does anyone have the scores for the qualifying runes? I need to set up my spreadsheet.

This round starts on the 13th, Friday.

Had you already decided on trav? I don't really care.

scores for trav should be the same as cows minus zod I think. If not I'll try to find it later.

Yep, Friday the 13th. That's less that 12 hours away for me.

anyone surprised by the results? :>

The answer should be no. Hail to the champion nubbies.

It says 13.01. - 22.01.

But last round was almost twice as long. I think we should make it +one week. Host? Rest? Opinions?

Gratz on results btw. Nice items were found this time..

Is Council target this time? We all need some sort of conformation. Will scrcrw play this round? :badteeth:

Alright, I've changed the first post to be the 13th - 29th and we are running the [highlight] council[/highlight] for sure.

...and if LK doesn't give up a Ber before tomorrow I will have to crush you all, sorry.

Can someone confirm that the cows scores are right (minus Zod of course)

Thx for taking this over kestegs, I was going to volunteer but I'm glad I didn't have too!

edit: On rereading your post(s) I noticed you never actually volunteered as such. If you want someone to do the collation of results at the end of the stage I'm happy to do that.

Kestegs for President!!! Thanks Kesty for taking over. Maybe this MF challenge will get me off of Skyrim and back into D2. You all know I am a D2 noob, so I have a couple of Trav questions.
1. What character is considered the best runner?
2. What player settings do you use?
3. Is this a rune find?

And congrats to omgwtfbbqpwnd. Those were some awesome results and you only beat me by 48.1 points, which is 13 points more than I scored for the entire round. Nice work!!!!

WW barb using grief is considered the best by most. Fabian wrote a guide on it that is very good. I'll find the link after work if you need.

I didn't officially say I would take over but no one else seemed interested, so I just went for it, I'm happy to collect results as well.

And yes, it's a rune hunt.

How many rounds are left? I'd like to pop in for a round, but I can only run certain things :loving:

3 down (Pindle, Cows, Pits), 3 to go (Council, WSK, AT). Read the first post for more info. Battle for the 1st place overall is still opened. :D

I'll pop in for ancient tunnels, maybe WSK :loving:

Thanks for stepping up, Kestegs. Yes, would you please post the linky to Fabian's guide when you get a chance? I play vanilla and thus won't have a Grief weapon, but maybe I can get some tips nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whirlwinder even close to hell difficulty, let alone into Act III. However, if by WW barb you mean "werewolf," I do have a different barbairan character almost as far as Travincal, and I also got another decent unique fury visor in the pits round. Maybe I can feral-rage my way to some qualifying runes?

I was originally planning on running this round with a bone spear necromancer. He's fragile, but I think I can kill the council with him fast enought that I might get some qualifiers with him. At least, I hope I don't get skunked like I did when I tried getting runes in the Hell Cows round.

Here it is: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?757752-Travincal-Running-WW-Barb-Mini-Guide

I am running with my untwinked blizz sorc, that's right, you are all going to get beat by an untwinked blizz sorc :p

Blizz sorc does well, poison necro also, seen a fanatic zealot do well, Bone necro or Hdin would also do just fine.

Test runs in progress. Blizzard sorceress can do it very well.

Once I figure out how I'll post videos of runs. I just started so I hope my performance will get better in time. Perhaps after... 3000 runs with my sorc will make me better with aiming blizzard and overall better positioning etc. And that time is with me being nub like always, picking gems and various crap, IDing it etc. Probably Blizz sorc can do it sub 20 sec avg with better mindset and better player. Just saying.

I hope that in time someone will be able to compete with blizz sorc against all those travincal barbs. I'm sure that best on both sides would be very close to equal.

Good luck and cya in 20h :)

How is it possible to run through to the TP, get to the Council, kill them AND look through the dross in 20 seconds?!? My Barb averages 65 seconds on /P3. It takes me 20 second just to look at all the crap on the ground!

It's not as hard as you might think.

With problem of checking crap, well, blizzard sorceress doesn't have hork, and she doesn't flood your screen with more items once she kills council. And it's not problem checking p3 items drops.

My last avg batch was ~25 sec and:

MY blizzard sorceress isn't fully optimized for task (-22 -22 +61 -xy) resists. I still want some MF instead of survival :/
I didn't roll specific travincal map; it's for AT that I will never reroll, and council isn't packed like I'd ideally want them to.
I'm not that fast in running targets in general.
I'm picking crapload of crap.

And 16 sec was fastest run. Just good blizzard or two can take down entire council. If I can do 16 sec run, even if it was isloated case I don't see why with some practice people couldn't pull out sub 20 sec.

I'm in for this round!

No pgs and no prize for me. Just for the world recognition and to trash-talk kestegs!

Nulio? bring it on!

I changed my video to 2d and it shaved 10 seconds off my average run time, still at 45 seconds on /p3.

I also put on a dwarf star since I can't use hax gloves, that has helped a lot. merc almost never dies anymore, getting in a nice groove now and I think my times will go down.

Eight hours in and ten qualifiers. I'm finding almost as many S/U's and I am runes, even with only about 30% MF, is that normal?

Found this pretty thing, one or two Gheed's that have dropped so far.

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xb9c3a4cf
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
134% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 13%
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Well, I'm approximately 2 hours in, and just now I had a Ral drop: beat that!

Good to see the EM luck is continuing...

Mine is almost equally bad. Also 2 hrs. 1 qualifier. Barely. Makes the ratio qualifiers vs RBF's now 1:3. And for those who think that's a good thing: the facets are 2x 3/-3 and 1x 3/-4. :(

I didn't even know Council had started xD

*puts Cows on hold* :loving:

My best non qual has been a 39% gheeds, which is nice as my next best was 29%

I updated the first post to include my email for your results and the updated standings as far as last round:
Standing after round 3: pits:

frozzzen 7p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
ZGPMF 4p
kestegs 4p
TheNix 4p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
Cyrax 1p
LD50 1p
ParadigmShift 1p

Oddly enough the top 5 of the pits round were all people who had not scored in a previous round.

I've given up Council because I was coming too close to dying :loving:

I think I'll pop in to do Lvl85 areas, I can do any right?

Yes, but you cannot count items found from Baal's waves, Baal, Diablo's seal bosses, or Diablo. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one but I think those are the normal exclusions.

Baal's waves are all stingy bastards anyway. Come to think of it, Diablo's bosses aren't Father Christmas either.

Okay, so I'm a little over halfway through my 20 hours with the bonemancer in Travincal, and so far he has found just one qualifying rune. But hey, that's one more than I got with my trapper in the cow round!

It is taking, on average, about 120 seconds to defeat the council on /p1, and nearly 240 seconds on /p3, so I think I'll just stick with /p1 for the remaining 9+ hours.

14 hours in and no upgrade for a while, but I've now got 4 Gheed's! Anyone confirmed whether we are using the Cows scores for this round? Minus the Zod of course.

Yes, we are going with the cows minus zod.

I'm looking forward to getting back into this after I finish up the vanity challenge.

Twenty hours done, a total of 401 runes dropped, with 21 qualifiers (11 Ko's :banghead: ). Only :censored: 1 upgrade in the last 14 hours. Any particular email address you want the results sent to Kestegs? PM?

Code:
 [B]Eligible for prizes[/B]
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Fabian                  (Y)
EatSleepDiablo          (Y)
zemaj                   (Y)
wimZod                  (Y)
entwilighter            (y)
bassano                 (Y) 
TheMuttonExplosion      (Y)
jimsfriend              (Y)
LD50                    (Y)
TheNix                  (Y)
janooo                  (Y)
sparrow                 (Y)
Baltha                  (Y)
frozzzen                (N)
WoRG                    (Y)
Kaerion                 (Y)
Swamigoon               (Y)
Rhone                   (Y)
iame                    (Y)
JoshK                   (Y) 
Joanna                  (Y)
Paradigmshift           (Y)

Code:
 [B]Not eligible for prizes, playing for bragging rights![/B]

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy
fyourics

Might as well join this. 15 hours in, and 23 qualifiers.

Yea, I put my email on the first post.

Welcome, Fyourics!

I'm about 5 hours in with 4 qualifiers so far, not too bad of an average I don't think.

Results sent. Back to the grail grind.

Sent my results. Did something like 700 runs at an average of 53 seconds and 600 runs at an average of 44 seconds. 28 qualifiers overall, decent results.

I just can't get the love going for rune hunts, so I'm going to miss this stage. After 2.5hrs, the best I managed was a Lum.
GL to all those continuing, I look forward to joining you either in the AT or possibly for Mr Baal.

EM

I both e-mailed and blogged my results. Only two qualifiers, but one of them is a high scorer, so I'm not complaining.

Even though I have amazing qualifiers in about 4 hours of running (Jah, Mal, Fal, Lem + Vex from testing), I will be withdrawing from the tourney.

I was having issues with the program and decided to reinstall. My char/stashes are all intact, but it gave me the excuse to time travel (1.07).

Leveling with standard FO sorc and will reach NM LK tonight. A couple of MPK rings to report (25 and 36) with more to follow.

I still plan winners choice and will add 1.07 items to the mix if any are interested.

Good luck to everyone...

I just happened to get my Meteorb in Hell LK and thought I could push through and make a few runs at level 80. It wasn't a wise move and I am not participating this round. :)

ESD: Sorry you're not participating this round, but thanks for the donations. I will probably try to donate some extra stuff as well and give out some consolation prizes and such.

Verno : was your sorc HC?

No, I am not even close to play HC yet. LOL!!! I did send 50 Pgems to Fabian, but never received a confirmation email. I also never updated the cool chart you guys have set up. Are you handing out the PGems or will Fabian do that?

Fabian still has all the gems, so we'll see what happens when we get closer. I'll put you in on the prize category when I get a chance, I noticed I'm not in it either :p

trav might be a bit tough for a meteorber, blizz is where it's at for a sorc.

Just sent my score, and damn was it something.. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :evil2:

As long as you don't have 5 cham i think i can win.

Whether i will is a totally different matter :whistling:

I've done two sessions of this round. I run with WW Barb (avg time ~ 30 sec with hork on p3, 2h30mins of 1st and 5h of 2nd session) and Blizz Sorc (avg time 21 sec). Even though efficiency is roughly the same, it's so much easier and more enjoying running with Blizzy (thanks to frozzzen for that post about his sorc). Here are my most interesting non-qualifiers, and yes it's 5/20 :)

That's a lot of facets. I think I got one? :p

Makes me wonder if it was such a good idea to start boasting here...

My time is up. Results sent.

With zgpmf's pic i actually was starting to think Trav is a good place to look for facets. It pretty much matches up with what i found. However LD50 is lowering the average by quite a bit.

Here's the interesting non-qualifiers i found:
- 8x RBF (only 1 good one, a 5/-5 poison facet)
- 3x tal amu
- mara's (26%)
- metalgrid
- spiritual gc /w 35 life
- fanatic gc /w 36 life

Btw this round lives up to the name 'runehunt'. Total amount of runes found: 564 (that's gonna be a lot of cubing :nervous:), during 1428 runs. Number of qualifiers: 26. I got lucky during the last part as both my #1 and #2 were found during the last 3 hrs.

Once this round is over i'll post a flavie of the runes found.

Yeah, Trav is the best place for farming facets IMO.
Btw, will the next round be before or after Winter MFO?

JJscud has told me he want to do winter MFO on the 10-19th of Feb, if he wants to do it then I will delay our next round to start on the 24th of Feb instead.

Time should be up for everyone by now. Everyone get me their results so that I can compile them please, my email is in the first post.

I didn't finish my time, got about 17 hours in. I'll probably finish it just for the statistical analysis (and the fact that I am still looking for runes) I just won't count the last runs.

I have results from the following people: TheNix, fyourics, swamigoon, LD50, horseheadnebula, cyrax, zgpmf, victus, scrcrw, and frozzzen. Any one else get them to me, I'll post results in 24 hours regardless.

I've sent my results last Sunday, let me know if I need to send them again.
Send them again please, I don't have them

Bah, it was on my drafts... forgot to press send. ^^ Sent!

Originally posted by: @Kestegs

And the results:

1. LD50
Cham 20.7
Cham 20.7
Ber 15.4
Jah 13.8
Jah 13.8
Total: 84.4

2.fyourics
Ber 15.4
Jah 13.8
Jah 13.8
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
Total: 53.6

3.zgpmf
Cham 20.7
Lo 11.4
Vex 8.0
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
Total: 50.7

4.cyrax
jah 13,8
vex 8,0
ohm 7,6
ohm 7,6
gul 5,3
Total: 42,3

5.Kestegs
Jah 13.8
Jah 13.8
Lo 11.4
Fal 1.3
Fal 1.3
Total: 41.6

Frozzzen
Sur 10.3
Ohm 7.6
Ohm 7.6
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
Total: 36.1

horseheadnebula
Lo 11.4
Vex 8.0
Ist 5.6
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
total: 35,6

TheNix
Ber 15.4
Ist 5.6
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
Mal 3.8
Score 35.4

Nulio
Ber 15.4
Gul 5.3
Gul 5.3
Ist 5.6
mal 3.8
Total: 35.4

Swamigoon
Cham 20.7
Um 3.8
Total: 24.5

scrcrw
sur 10.3

Victus
pul 2.6

Some very nice results for some people :) Good work everyone!

Next round will be delayed by a week, but will be right on the front page.

Leaderboard:
frozzzen 7p
LD50 6p
ZGPMF 6p
kestegs 5p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
fyourics 4p
TheNix 4p
Cyrax 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p

We have AT and level 85 areas left, let me know if you have a preference.

Congrats LD50, that's a new record and it will stay for a long time if you ask me.👍
I got Jah and Ber in my second session, I feel much better now knowing it wouldn't help for the 1st place.
Nice job everyone, keep up the good work, can't wait the final two rounds. That said, what is the next round anyway, AT or WSK?

Nice score, LD50. :)

Considering that I only did one run, I'm fairly happy with my result as well. :p

Woah, great score LD50. Blew mine out of the water. 30 points more :crazyeyes:. Grats!

As far as AT vs alvl85, I'm open to both.

I know. If I wasn't the one that got the score, I would not believe it. I was literally laughing out loud seeing a ber after cham after jah after jah after cham drop :crazyeyes: And what's even better, while doing a few runs before the round started, I got another Ber... And to those that are interested in statistics, the next highest rune was Ist, and then Um. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

For the next round I'm voting AT, as I'm doing it for the MFO and I figure I'll have good routine doing it after the week and thus will be able to actually compete in the round.

Wow, nicely done LD50. I'll trade you those for the facets i found :badteeth: (j/k)

Do you have any idea what shiney new toys you're gonna make with those?

All those Chams T_T

Gratz guys for gg loot. Myself, got 5h 59min 57sec in, got okish runes out of it, 4 facets (two of them being 3/3). Not much stuff to brag about tho. Avg runtimes were 22,510 sec, and total run number was 929. Really, hoped for Cham or Jah, but ofc like always, game won't give you what you need.

I'm up for AT next round. It's much more user friendly area then areas 85. Also I'm up to change area 85 into Baal for closure of this tourney considering Baal is one of more traditional targets in SPF, much more then areas 85 at any rate. Ofc it's just my crazy rants :D But seriously, any thoughts on this matter?

Gieb all the Jahs. Ty ty ty

Great results. Grats LD50!
My only goal was to get a ber rune. I two jahs and a Lo. I was really disappointed.

I am open to changing a85 to Baal if we want to.

I would also rather have Baal & AT than other 85 & AT. Baal just is the ultimate target.

And no cyrax, I don't have any idea what I'm going to do with those runes :p

I want the tongue smiley back! :p

Congrats LD50, that's one hell of a score. For what it's worth, I'd prefer Baal/WSK-Baal to the level 85 areas. It'd be a fitting end after AT.
It's a bit complicated to do wsk + Baal, as the odds of drops are vastly different. Usually it's just Baal plus waves. At least that's the way I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds like we'll do AT next? And meanwhile, we'll ruminate about the target choice for the last round (Baal or WSK or 85 or something)?

Almost forgot. Here's a pic of all the runes i found during last round.

As far as the lvl85 vs Baal debate goes. Here's another +1 for Baal. For me it's because the most obvious (and fun) 85's are already done in separate rounds (pits, AT's) so i'm assuming they are no game in case of an area lvl 85 round. If you're talking WSK imho there's only 1 place to be and that's the big guy himself.

Alright, let's just go AT next round then, and we can work out what exactly we want to run in the baal area.

Here's my flavie for the 20 hours. Dis about 1600 runs at about 42 seconds average. If you looked at my flavie you will see that I picked every S/U up and rune. Also picked up rare jewelry and all charms. Ran with my untwinked blizz sorc. Rather sub par gear, but she did well still I think. My computer lags and there is nothing I can do about it, especially in act 3 it seems. I usually didn't reach the WP until about 12-15 seconds into the run, so a 22 second average wasn't very realistic for me. Plus picking everything up takes time. I used the map that I had been using for LK, which turned out to be amazing. It spawned all of them in a tight group 95% of the time, and 100% of the time it left only the Cold Immune one outside of the main room so I didn't have to worry about him.

@Kestegs
I just realized I should be having 4(Pit) + 3(Trav) = 7 points, not a big deal, it would just look better on the table for me.:p
And +1 for AT before Baal (without WSK).

Congrats LD. That score was crazy.
I vote for AT.

Some of those drops are just amazing! I think I managed about a Fal in the couple of hours I ran.
Congrats to all.

I won't be carrying on any further in this MFO as the real world is making too many demands on my time. For what it's worth (nothing at all, really), I'd like to see you guys run Baal, just to see what the drops are actually like. Will you be including waves too?

I've never tried MFing with a Blizzard sorceress before, so I just got one leveled up and advanced through Act II Hell. I think I'll give her a shot when we start doing the AT round, so I can learn what all the fuss is about.

Alright then, Just a friendly reminder that Running for the AT starts this weekend. We are doing the AT as previously decided.

I have also locked in Baal + Minions for the final round.

Very good to remind us. Don't know about the others, but i do know i would've forgotten about it. 👍

I'm working until the end of March, so getting 20 hours may be a problem. At least I can spread the time out over 17 days. My Bliz sorc that I used in the MFO can run AT with a few item tweaks, but I'm going to have to respec her back to a nova/orb for Baal I think.

Computer locked up. I won't have access to it for at least a few days while I and a contractor try some data recovery procedures on it.

Please don't count me out yet though, Fabian and Kestegs. I don't have a backup of the blizzard sorceress I leveled up to run AT, but I do have other options. My hydra sorc that I used to run Pindle actually does very well in AT. Well, except of course against those fire immunes, like those four-armed sand fighters, and she has a very competent barbarian merc that can hold his own against those, so I do at least have that as a last resort. She just won't be nearly as efficient as my competitors...

Oh, and I don't have LoD installed on any other machine yet... :steam:

No worries, get done what you can guys.

I should have plenty of time to get my 20 hours done as long as I have the motivation. Haven't played much since the MFO and I feel ready to rock and roll tomorrow!

I would like to join this round too,
who is organising competition now? Which mail I should use to send results
tahnks for answers

Welcome Bassano, Kestegs took over the organization from Fabian, you should be able to find all info needed (including the email) in the first post.

Yup! Welcome Bassano! You don't need to sent readouts though, just the list of top 5 is fine.

I'm starting my runs with my untwinked Blizzy :alright:

Not sure if i'll finish this round. Had some trouble motivating myself as i was having fun running the CS with my pally. And now i've done 2 hrs finding exactly 1 qualifier :unimpressed:.

Yeah, I am glad to be here too, especially when my bet to this MF league was 300 PGems :)
and still there are some very interesting goals for me to do untill end of the league
I just did 75 minutes of AT runs, drops are not so interested but positive information is that I am able to be competitive in speed and I am having fun from that

Sorry guys, but i'm dropping out of this round. Motivation for AT is low. Drops are bad. And fingers still hurting from the MFO. So i like spending the time i can play in CS getting my pally some more exp.
I'll be back though for the final round. GL for all those running.

Just got back home and will start running. GL everyone! 👍

Is there any chance I could sign up for anything at this point?
You're welcome to still play this round and the next round, I've got no problem with that.

Just finished my first 20-hour session. Not satisfied with the score though. Is there limit from how many sessions we can choose our score?
Wow, very fast!

You may do two sessions and send in your best score.

What rule is this? I did not found it in first post
thanks for explanation :)

Meh, ancient tunnels is a very boring area. Played three hours and have 3 decent qualifiers, but I don't expect to do any more running.

@bassano: iirc, it was decided that everyone can do maximum of two sessions, so as to allow the serious runners the liberty of running like crazy, while also allowing people with less time on their hands to compete.
Yes, it was somewhere in this thread, guess it never got added to the first post.

I rather enjoy the AT. I'm rather happy with my results so far, but I have hit a slump and haven't found anything good in the last 4 hours or so.

ok then
no problem for me :)

I am 9 hours in and haven't found much. I did much better in The Pit. This is such a strange game. You play the same game over and over and over again, but the results are never the same. :scratchchin:

Finished my second 20 hours with slightly better score than the first. Do not expect to get a point though. Here some information for my run times:
first session - 1070runs, average time - 67,294 sec, fastest run - 45sec
second session - 1086runs, average time - 66,291sec, fastest run - 42sec
Results sent. Now I can lower my MF, get some resistances and start full contact runs without losing experience.:smug:

Victus said:
Finished my second 20 hours with slightly better score than the first. Do not expect to get a point though. Here some information for my run times:
first session - 1070runs, average time - 67,294 sec, fastest run - 45sec
second session - 1086runs, average time - 66,291sec, fastest run - 42sec
Results sent. Now I can lower my MF, get some resistances and start full contact runs without losing experience.:smug:

LOL!!! I am on pace for 400 runs for the 20 hour period. If you won't get a point, that means they will deduct points from me. :smug:
Seriously impressive numbers Victus. What are you running with? what is your MF?

My run times are actually mediocre. Good average time should be below one minute. I run with blizzsoso, 522MF. But her map is optimized for baalruns. So Ancient Tunnels is huge with that map seed compared to the AT map of my other characters.
BTW how should good AT map (picture anyone?) look and is there relation between the size of the area and the number of bosspacks spawned?

I did just about 600 runs during 8,5 hours with 670 MF and I have big nothing, I expected little more, at least I hope that I will be able to finish rest of runs because about 750 runs rest me to hit level 97 with my blizzy :)

Well, overall drops aren't bad considering invested time, but they are still pretty bad in terms of winning any points.
Best find was perfect poison facet probably.
40.1 sec avg run times, and it pains me greatly that I can't lower it to 39.xx. 40 sec+ just feels bad, but with watching anime and some weird 4 sec loading times when going act2 --> act1 with Wariv I guess I can he happy.

Now I want good CoA to drop ! /chants/

frozzzen said:
but with watching anime and some weird 4 sec loading times when going act2 --> act1 with Wariv I guess I can he happy.

That happends even to me some year ago, I built new char because of that problem to run AT, I supposed that is caused by sme problem in D2S file of your char and I solved it by using another char
and when I brought that old char from 1.12 to 1.13d it was not problem anymore too
so I hope it will help a little to you :)
Got to about the 12 hour mark and finally got an improvement in my score, also found a gul rune, which is my best so far. Run times are about 1:35 on p8 it's a good amount of packs though, usually 6-8

frozzzen said:
Well, overall drops aren't bad considering invested time, but they are still pretty bad in terms of winning any points.
Best find was perfect poison facet probably.
40.1 sec avg run times, and it pains me greatly that I can't lower it to 39.xx. 40 sec+ just feels bad, but with watching anime and some weird 4 sec loading times when going act2 --> act1 with Wariv I guess I can he happy.

40sec average time with 4sec loading time and watching anime. :surprise: :eek:mg: Are you a god? :worship: Can you upload screenshot of your AT map or maybe even clip with your run please?

Swamigoon said:
Computer locked up. I won't have access to it for at least a few days while I and a contractor try some data recovery procedures on it....
Yay! Recovered all of my data, got the computer re-imaged, and my blizzard sorc is back to doing her job. I managed a couple of hours of AT runs over the last couple of days, and I already found seven qualifying items, so my map and MF gear must not be too shabby. I'll do my best to complete as many of her 20 hours as I can before the deadline. But first, I need to tackle a few RL tasks...

Got through my 20 hours, but if my Pits run was bad my AT run was atrocious. Over 900 runs with better that 500% MF and I get a grand total of 315 S/U and only 40 qualifiers.

Results sent

My results were sent few minutes ago
not a really big score for fact, that I did more then 1000 runs :)

Run monitor says 20 hours and 12 seconds, 1354 runs. I wouldn't go bragging about my score...

edit: sent my results

Results sent. Did about 3&1/2 hours, and got 4 qualifiers.

Meh.
I did about 14 hours, rather happy with the results, but I don't think I'll be winning.

Will send results after work today. No great finds, but a Cham rune is always nice!!!

Results sent. I only managed to finish about 250 AT runs in about eleven hours. Had these remarkable non-qualifiers: a Ber, a +15 scintillating jewel, and a rare gauntlets with both +2MA and 20%IAS.

Is there any chance to see a results?
I will not be among players with points but still I am curious what players dropped
and I think that it was just enough time to complete results :)
Yea...

Maybe I'll get them together by tomorrow :p

And here we are:

1.LD50
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Ravenlore 14.6
Alma Negra 9.1
Steel Carapace 8.1
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Total: 59.0

2.kestegs:
Death's Fathom 16.8
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
The Grandfather 9.3
Alma Negra 9.1
Ondal's Wisdom 7.8
Total: 53.4

3.Victus:
Dragonscale 14.6
Steelrend 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Death Cleaver 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Total: 53.2

4.zgpmf:
Dragonscale 14.6
Heaven's Light 9.8
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Alma Negra 9.1
Spirit Ward 8.1
Total: 51.4

5.Frozzzen:
Griffons Eye 10.7
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Stormspire 9.3
Arkaine's Valor 7.8
Total 47.8

The Nix:
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Crown of Ages 10.7
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Steel Carapace 8.1
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Total: 46.1

bassano
The Redeemer 9.8
Stormspire 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
Boneshade 7.9
Total: 45.6

Swamigoon:
Templar's Might 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Fleshripper 4.6
Widowmaker 4.3
Total: 39.3

Verno:
Death Cleaver 9.3
Windforce 9.3
Spirit Ward 8.1
Spike Thorn 6.6
Blackoak Shield 5.9
Total: 39.2

Fyourics:
Ravenlore 14.6
Griswold's redemption 11.3
Azurewrath 7.8
Razor's edge 3.6
Total: 37.3

Zemaj:
Warshrike 5.7
Medusa's Gaze 5.7
M'avina's Caster 5.2
M'avina's Truesight 4.3
Ormus' Robes 3.9
Total: 24.8

And the new standings:

after round 5, AT:

LD50 11p
kestegs 9p
frozzzen 8p
ZGPMF 8p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
fyourics 4p
TheNix 4p
Victus 3p
Cyrax 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

Cool, I got 3 points!:smug: Only 0.2 from the second place.:scratchchin: Here is my haul pic:

Screenshot028.jpg
So you found two steelrend?? You can have two of the same in your top 5. If so I'll change your score.

No, it's fine. The second Steelrend dropped after the first 40 hours. The picture shows the interesting items from round5 (17days of running).
Okay, that's fine then.

Grandfather and fathom were both grailers for me, which was cool. Only did about 14 hours, really should have pushed through to finish as I may have actually won then :p

Congrats LD, very well played. Post the numbers on the darkforce spawn.

@kestegs...14 hours? You could have won this thing!!!

What? I won?! Well, didn't see that one coming...

@Verno: Here it is:
Darkforce Spawn
Bloodlord Skull
Defense: 378
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x9580d4ca
Item Level: **
Unidentified
+2 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+154% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 10%

This round, although truncated, yielded four grailers to me: Fleshripper, Templar's Might, Harlequin Crest, and a Ber rune.

So, final round will be ToD/WC runs? I only have a few Matriarchs and Patriarchs. I truly have no idea which of them I should use for the final round, or if I should try to push another through finishing Hell. I think my most reliable Baal runner is my fishymancer, but I don't think I could get much more than four to six runs per hour from him.
Congrats LD, it was a kinda sad round, I was surprised not to see a bit better results.

Next round is Baal + Waves.

Anyone have any average run times on Baal + waves? I really want to see how I stack up against everyone else.

Very nice and competitive scores in AT category :)
I even did not expected I will be so close to best scores :)

btw. congrats to LD 50 for victory, well done after dissapointed MFO

So um...what happens with all those items?

Gratz on nice finds guys.

Myself, I'm happy with Griffons (+15/-15 so at least stylish numbers). ~7h total and of four TC87 looks like good results. I'm not really in position to complain.

Baal next will be interesting. I think anything sub 3 min are good run times. I will probably do full 20h for next round as I want experience for my lvl98 amazon. Perhaps I even go for second 20h.

They probably gather dust forever in stashes :p

Congrats to all the point scorers. Some nice finds. I didn't even bother with a haul pic, I was quite disappointed with my results for 20 hours. In the end I was less than 2 point from getting a point, so I shouldn't be too disappointed. In my Baal/waves practice runs I was averaging a little over 4 minutes per run, I might be able to get it down to under 4 minutes, but not much less. I suppose I could add a few more skillers, but that would take my %MF to no more than 300%

I had a whopping 6 Baal runs last night with my lvl 93 meteorb and averaged 3:02. That is on P1. I wonder how many times I will die during this next challenge???

Congrats LD50.

I did 2x 20 hours and second session was better for 0.02 points. :)
Only few items from this round worth mentioning:

Code:
Crown of Ages 
Corona 
Defense: 394 
Durability: 44 of 50 
Required Level: 82 
Required Strength: 174 
Fingerprint: 0xf218b493 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+1 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+50% Enhanced Defense 
+145 Defense 
All Resistances +29 
Damage Reduced by 14% 
2 Sockets (0 used) 

Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1 Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5% Shields: +50 to Mana 

Lo Rune 
Required Level: 59 
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

And as usual Kestegs added up my points wrongly. :p

Sorry, I think I forgot to change it in my word document last time I fixed it, should be at 9 then, right?

We've got a bit over a week til Baal round starts, just a friendly reminder.

Looks like I need to find that sur or ber to complete my infinity :p

WFT, I thought it started last Friday and I was about 13 hours in. Serves me right for not reading the thread. Thank god I've found nothing but crap!! And a Lo and Sur. :yes:

Scoring rubric?

here you are, I'll also link it on page one for future reference.

http://diablo.jjscud.com/scoring/baal.txt

*triple checks starting date*

Yep, it starts today.

I'll take my Bliz/nova sorc down to kick Baal's arse soon, but before I do does anyone remember that once upon a time someone did an analysis of the blizzard's spikes and drew up a grid of where the spikes hit. I'm sure I remember this grid, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Yea, never heard of such a thing :scratchchin:

Good luck everyone!

Thanks, Kestegs. And here I go!

Of my dozens of SP projects, I only have six Pats/Mats. I spent some time with each of them, and I settled on my hybrid fire/lightning trapper (whom I used in the cow round of this MF League) as the most efficient Minion runner. She needs between ten and fifteen minutes per run, so there's very little chance I'll get any points in this tournament after all, but I'm still not giving up!

Here's why I decided against other toons:

• My (patted) fishymancer is a pretty safe Minions+Baal runner, but uses up between 20 and 30 minutes per run.
  • My (matted) orbitaller is very fragile, and while she can teleport to the throne room pretty quickly, I just can't manage to keep her from getting repeatedly pwned by certain minion waves, especially if the mummies in wave two have any gloams to revive.
  • My (patted) templar is pretty slow, probably because FoH has a cast delay and (except for minion wave 2) also has no AoE capability. (If the last round had remained an A85 round instead of changing into a Minions+Baal round, I probably would have used this toon to do Moz runs.)
  • My (patted) bonemancer (I used him in the Travincal round) is also pretty fragile, and takes about 20 minutes to get to and clear out all five minion waves.
  • Finally, my (matted) hydrasorc (whom I used very effectively in the Pindleskin round) is a single-tree fire sorceress, and she would be spending an excruciating amount of time twiddling her thumbs while waiting for her moron to handle the fire-immune first and fifth minion waves by himself.
  • My blizzard sorc (whom I used in the AT round) hasn't started Hell Act III yet; she isn't anywhere near Mat status.
  • My poisonmancer (whom I used in the Pits round) hasn't started Hell Act V yet,; he isn't anywhere near Pat status.

As it goes, I won't be running anything but the minions this round, because during my trial runs the trapper took nearly 45 minutes to bring down Baal once she got into the worldstone chamber. Therefore, here's hoping the next 20 hours nets a few pretty grailers from Lister!

@Swami: I can understand most of your choices, but how on earth do you get to 20-30 minute runs for a summoning necro? Seems to me that even with a moderately equiped necro you should be able to do so in half that time (at p1 that is). I do however, applaud your efforts to try and compete with much better equipped chars 👍.

As for my own running. I threw my original plan down the drain after ~5 mins. Was planning on using my meteorber. She is slower than my best runners, but i thought the surplus of MF would make up for that. But for my taste she was to slow and without BO (switch was used for more MF on Baalkill) i had to watch out too much. So i quickly switched to my 99 lightsorc. I won't be gaining any xp, but even if i get killed i won't lose any either. Also she's much faster (at the expense of some MF) making runs much more enjoyable.

So far i did 1 hr, completing 24 runs and finding 2 qualifiers. One of those is likely to make it to the final top 5. However, i'm after the remaining grailies more than high points as i have no chance of winning the overall standings of the MF league for this season. So gieb grailies!

Cyrax However said:
This is exactly how I feel. I've put in two hours and found five qualifiers, but all rather pathetic. My sorc is averaging about four minutes per run with about 360% MF.
Interesting. What build do you use?
I'm not going to compete but just out of interest I tried out my sorc. She did the run in 3:10, with about 250 mf. It's a blizzard + nova build, level 92, full Tals, SoJ, nature's peace, magefist, spirit, rare boots with resists and MF , Gheeds. I could socket topazes into body and helm, or load up on more 7mf charms but I didn't bother. Also, what's the player setting? I keep mine on p1. Also, I use reds to deal with poison from wave 2. Perhaps I should switch to 1 row of antidotes?

General rule of thumb is p1 (teleporting through WSK), p8 for minions, and p3 for baal. A top end light sorc does 2min15s average (+/- 10s) on these player settings.
I did use a row of antidotes when I ran baal. The poison is annoying as hell.

zaphodbrx said:
Interesting. What build do you use?
I'm not going to compete but just out of interest I tried out my sorc. She did the run in 3:10, with about 250 mf. It's a blizzard + nova build, level 92, full Tals, SoJ, nature's peace, magefist, spirit, rare boots with resists and MF , Gheeds. I could socket topazes into body and helm, or load up on more 7mf charms but I didn't bother. Also, what's the player setting? I keep mine on p1. Also, I use reds to deal with poison from wave 2. Perhaps I should switch to 1 row of antidotes?

Freesia_Titzov is lvl 96 with a very similar build & equipment. I'm running full Tals, two SoJ, magefist, spirit, war traveller & Gheeds. I've got a CoA or switch. I'm using Ice blast, bliz and nova at slvl 31, 32 after BC and -150% CM.

I'm running with a blova sorc too. 280 mf, and 3 minute runs but I'm thinking of switching over to pure lightning.

My runtimes are ~2:20 -+ 15 sec with 198 MF LF zon. p1/p8/p3 ofc. I'd like to get some XP for my amazon, but between tight RL schedule and lack of real motivation I doubt I will make much progress here.

3 min with Windy seems really good. Last time I ran with Windy it was horrible and second wave was really hard to deal with. What's your gear/setup for him? (I really lack lvl 95 on my wind druid so just curious).

I have absolutely no idea how it is possible to do runs that fast. It took be five minutes and 16 full rejuvs just for the Council Members on /p8 before I gave up and that was more that 8 minutes in. :scratchchin:

Very powerful character and very good map. It's very doable if you have crapload of good items.

Video. Ofc not mine, but Denton I think first introduced such times here on SPF. Always worth watching :) Both amazon and sorceress can do it ~2:30 and such times without much problem. 3 min should be ok for other classes.

Sorc has more mobility then amazon, but amazon has crazy dmg output so it's kinda wash, but zon is much more dependable on throne spawn and map seed.

TheNix said:
I'll take my Bliz/nova sorc down to kick Baal's arse soon, but before I do does anyone remember that once upon a time someone did an analysis of the blizzard's spikes and drew up a grid of where the spikes hit. I'm sure I remember this grid, but I cannot find it anywhere.
Here it is. You should all read that thread by the way, everything you need to know about orb and blizzard is there.

I'm probably going to run a bit with the IK barb and a bit with a windy (who's not there yet).

Thanks LD50, that was what I was looking for, but how it works on a large target like Baal I try to wrap my head around. I've read the thread before and its fantastic.

@frozzzen - that video is over the top. It's so fast I cannot even see what he's doing, and the typing of "/playersx" even though I know what he's typing I cannot read it, the word is gone before I even recognize it!

TheNix said:
@frozzzen - that video is over the top. It's so fast I cannot even see what he's doing, and the typing of "/playersx" even though I know what he's typing I cannot read it, the word is gone before I even recognize it!

Not really. It's 200 fcr pure lightning so all you have to do is teleport on right and lightning spells on left. Tp through to throne ( he has a nice map ), blast blast, then lightning the first wave, then charged bolt+ lightning the rest ( Very effective tactic, had never thought charged bolts would be so effective ). I think chain lightnings were used sometimes. Static Baal to half then lightning.

As for typing, some people can type really fast.

Or I've got old, slow eyes.

*puts multifocals back on*

I do hope you guys realise it's not even necessary to be able to type that fast and still get it done in an equally fast pace (switching the p-setting i mean).

I just decided to run with my pure blizz sorc. She's got 216 mf. Sadly I don't have a tal's armor yet, so I can't do tal's set. I just keep the p setting on one until after wave 2 and tele stomp the skeletons. Getting runs at about 4 minutes, but it's a small sample so far.
kestegs said:
I just decided to run with my pure blizz sorc. She's got 216 mf. Sadly I don't have a tal's armor yet, so I can't do tal's set. I just keep the p setting on one until after wave 2 and tele stomp the skeletons. Getting runs at about 4 minutes, but it's a small sample so far.

I run with pure blizz sorc too. Using treachery on your merc is strongly recommended. Lvl15 fade reduces curse duration by 79% which lowers decrepify duration (Baal casts lvl5 decrepify) from 6.4 to 1.3sec.

Hooray! BK Tribal Guardian dropped by some random beastie in the throne room. That's 33 odd points wasted!!!! :banghead:

3 hours down the hatch! 7 qualifiers found. Oddly enough my best item comes from the waves and not baal, and it's the only qualifier I've found there.

I'm getting used to the process and things are going pretty smoothly now. Gotten a nice rythm of when to BO, change psetting, pick up gold and all that jazz. Doing all that stuff keeps you very busy, there's not a lot of idle time.

Run times are right around 4 min. The biggest problem is often clearing the throne. Bloodlords are the worst. If there is a boss pack of them I just S&E. That happens only about 5% of the time though. witches aren't so bad as they go down quick to the merc. Only 1 NDE so far and no deaths, that was to some dolls...man those really suck!

My map is not great but good enough I'd say. It is about 8 teleports on each level, but it almost never spawns boss packs in the throne room at least.

That's a nice amu you got there zemaj :nod:

6 hrs done. Wasn't going to well. A couple of hrs finding pretty much nothing. Luckily today i got one good and one decent item so the top 5 is starting to look decent.

Best non-qualifiers so far are a fine sc of balance, blinkbat's form and a RBF (3/-5 cold lvl).

Hmmm, Sunday April 10, which year, 2016 or 2022, I guess more than that would be a little too much?:badteeth:

You just feel the need to complain about everything, don't you? :scratchchin:

The 15th, I do believe we will end on the 15th of April :p

Running Baal is hard and a fun challenge, but I have a few questions.

1. If Baal drops an item, is it always ilvl 99? I have noticed that other item levels from the minions are 86-87-**. Does that seem right?
2. One of Baal's minions can poison the hell out of me. Is that some super strong poison?
3. What p/ are you guys running at? I thought I read where someone ran different levels for the waves vs Baal. That kinda seemed like cheating to me...
4. Baal has dropped a few charms. How can I tell which ones he dropped vs the ones that the waves dropped?

Thanks!!!

1. Yes, always 99 from baal. The throne is alevel 85. So that means that normal monsters in the throne will drop ilevel85, champions ilevel87 and bosses/waves will be ilevel88. So all your qualifiers will either be ilevel ** or 99. You shouldn't see anything at ilevel86 there.

2.That is wave 2. He has a hidden poison aura, if you are close enough you will get poisoned. Antidotes or healing potions are a must. plus maxed poison resists.

3.Most people get to the throne on p1, then do waves at p8 and baal at p3. Baal gives max exp at p3, so any higher is mostly a waste. I do wave 2 at p1 also, because my merc has to kill all the skellies as they are cold immune.

4.Look at the ilevel, his are 99, although at this point I'm sure you realized that due to question 1 :p

What are you running with?

1.I'm pretty sure it's always 99 for his items.
2. This happens to me occasionally as well, in the second wave. I have never figured out how or why this happens the way it does, as usually with a caster I'll try to be far enough away to not get hit by even their black ranged attack, but it doesn't seem to help, somehow.
3. People usually do p8 for minions, p3 for baal (he doesn't give any more experience at higher settins than he does for p3)
4. Well, if you open up the items in atma it will tell you the ilvls, so you can check the charms for that.

I switched over to my zon. I hit 4-8 boss packs before baal's minions, and the average run time is around 4:15. It's a lot slower than my blova sorc, and a lot less mf but also a lot more fun. Plus I can run the waves at p8 with the zon.

Running with my meteorb. My question number 1 came about because I pick up everything that is shiny and sparkly. I can't help myself. Now that I know that only 99 and **, that allows me throw away my list I was keeping of who dropped what.

Are you using GoMule to see the ilvl on charms?

As always, thanks for the info Kestegs. I hate that hidden poison aura and I usually end up tp'ing to get rid of it.

Yes, you can use atma or gomule to see the ilevel. You could also get an ilevel ** non-qualifier from a boss pack in the throne, so just make note if that happens.

You could just keep a row of antidotes in your belt to save a trip to town.

I don't know... I run with -59 poison ress and tbh you don't need any higher. You just need to position yourself in blidspots of that poison aura. That way you can go without poison ress or antidotes. I'll rather keep my row of TP scrolls instead of antidotes. You can use them if Achmel manages to get his poison on to you, and it also saves you two inventory spaces where tome of TP would be.
Where are the blindspots? Is it just line of site?

Not really sure for others, but I think this one is well known: Click me!

Poison won't hit you here unless Achmel is teleporting and moves away from his position. Even small walks he makes won't get poison aura near you. Aura can hit you when you are further away then this position so I don't think it's just line of sight. Anyway, you can experiment with other places. Perhaps there are better places to be safe from that thing, but this one should do the trick 99% of the time.

Weird. That's where I normally am when I'm trying to avoid it. I'm not sure why, though. I guess I just like being near the bottom corner (where I used to keep TPs).
What others are there? Like other bosses witht his aura?

Apparently it's not that well known as I've never heard of it :p

That's cool though, I'll give it a shot on my next runs!

Other than the XP is there any real reason to run the waves at /p8? The extra players doesn't affect the wave boss's drop and any increase drop rate in the minions would only be marginal, wouldn't it? Even if there is a good increase in drop rate, is it worth the extra time it takes? For me, now that I've rejigged my character, at least a 50% increase in run time over running the waves at /p1.
I doubt it's worth a 50% time increase, but it does help with minion drop of course.

I changed my gear a bit as well and got to about 430 MF. Lost about +3 to skills and some poison and cold resists, also somehow gained about 150 more life :p

I really wish I had a shako and tal's armor though!

As I see it, in the end most aoe chars bring the waves down almost as fast on /p8 as on /p1, so 3.5 times more likelihood for hr's and such is always nice :)

Not sure what happened to this, but did I win any placement? 1st? 2nd? I assume I got at least 3rd place.

this event have given me nice variety to gaming since last time i have run baal year ago or so. i had 95 level 200fcr light sorc and i thought i could level her bit. so i run p1/8/3. sorcerer has infinity merc and in inventory there is eight skiller, cube, tome of identify and some mf/resist scs.

now i have run 13hours and it have been very surprising that i have got 35 qualifier. 2 from minions and 33 from baal. i have always thought that baal basicly drops nothing. well my drops arent´t anything spectacular but getting so many qualifier is nice. it must have helped that i have killing switch with 4xist shield and beta cta which gives me 130 more mf.

i got sorc to level 96 and thus got my goal. so i respec her and tried lightning build with more mf. sadly it means no 200fcr anymore and lightning sorc under 200fcr feels like no lightning sorc at all. but plus side drops have been better so i think i´m going to run rest of the event with this setup. with same respec i tried for first time thunder storm and it felt nice add for baal runner atleast if you already have maxed lightning skills. it is nice cast once and forget skill.

From first page:
Standings before this (final) round:

LD50 11p
kestegs 9p
ZGPMF 9p
frozzzen 8p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
fyourics 4p
TheNix 4p
Victus 3p
Cyrax 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

I guess you still have theoretical chance for 2nd place. But GL with that. :)

Running Baal, more specifically his mininons, is hard. I find myself dying about 1 out of every 10 runs. I have never used the S&E method, but maybe I should start. I hate losing all the experience with my lvl 93 meteorb.

One thing that I notice about the list above, I don't have a single point, not one!!! LOL. I have 5 hours into this run and will probably finish in the bottom three again, but it is fun.

Nah, as long as I'm beating Paradigmnub I'm fine with my score (then again who isn't ohhhhhhhhhhhhh). Although I am tempted to kick you out of third. :D

did 20 hours and results sent. got 63 quolifier and i have to say i´m pleasant with results as i really didn´t expect to get anything else than experience from baal. with this expectation in mind i ran first 10,5hours just for exp with 143 / 273mf and on average i got quolifier / 8,4 run. rest 9,5 hours i rose mf to 302 / 432 and on average i got quolifier / every 4.25 run. huge difference and also quality of drops got better so my top 5 was from this later part. average running times only rose 10sec to 3.23. so i really should have kept more mf all the time. runs were made p1/8/3. overall i got 5 quolifier from minions and rest from baal. also got one grailer hone sundan which lead me to -12.

thanks kestags and fabian for organizing mf league. allways nice to take part on this kind mf competition. these really motivate to run more and more efective. hopefully mf league will continue also after diablo 3 release.

Finished my 20 hours yesterday and don't plan to run anymore. In about 400runs not a single TC87 qualifier dropped. That is quite an achievement by itself.:propeller:
Results just sent. Back to AT runs.

Almost done with 20h. Results are vomit inducing. No TC87 or any nice scorer. Ofc green diadem dropped in throne room so... yeah...
I'll probably start another 20h when I finish this, just cause this is too painful to watch. Oh yes, highest rune was Lum or so. At least I got some experience towards lvl 99 but not happy with this. Good thing we got some extra days in :)

Dear Mr Baal,

Would you please refrain from dropping any further El runes and TC3's.

Thank you

TheNix

Skeletons from wave 2 are mlvl 85.

I still haven't done a single run. Damn Mass Effect. I guess I'll have to hope the windy will get a nice quest drop from Baal. You know, because it never disappoints you...

Half way though my second 20 hours of Baal and he drops this:

Bone Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xaf09f2c4
+30% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Minimum Damage
Cold Resist +12%
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Not too shabby.

Done and results send.

73 qualifiers found during 462 runs. About a handfull from the minions, but one of those was my #1 for about 12 hrs. It ended up second in my final scoring.
Good work guys, times almost up! I've had a severe lack of motivation, but have about 7 hours in I think. My comp crashed and I lost my counter, doesn't really matter though since I won't finish 20 hours.

Baal done and the best I can say is that I got a shipload of XP, Freesia is rapidly closing in on lvl 97. Results sent.

Congrats to the eventual winner. My offer for winner's choice still stands. Spent the last bunch of weeks in 1.07 with untwinked sorc. Some printouts (these have not been brought forward yet):

Code:
1: Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 81
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 63
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x668e2527
+25 Defense
20% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Demons
50% Fire Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

2: Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 284
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x2bb56547
+100% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Life 40%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels

3: Angelic Wings  <---prismatic recipe
Amulet
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x701b5c9f
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +32%
Cold Resist +30%
Poison Resist +47%
+3 to Light Radius
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+75 to Life
+1 to All Skill Levels

4: Civerb's Icon
Amulet
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x3d36e679
Regenerate Mana 40%
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +12%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +62%
Replenish Life +4

Cold Resist +25%
+25 Defense

5: Nokozan Relic
Amulet
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x35c433dd
Fire Resist +23%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Lightning Resist +16%
Cold Resist +22%
Poison Resist +17%
Adds 3-6 fire damage
+3 to Light Radius

6: Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x242cd2fb
+50 to Attack Rating
+27 to Maximum Damage

7: Prefix 1131 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x59662ccb
+20 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

8: Prefix 848 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x1cb44bf9
+40 to Life
+17 to Maximum Damage

9: Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x7a17bcd0
+37 to Life
+20 to Maximum Damage

10: Prefix 996 Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x34d72005
All Resistances +12

11: Prefix 854 Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x2430060c
+25 to Life
+12 to Maximum Damage

12: Prefix 857 Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x120deee5
+12 to Maximum Damage

13: Prefix 997 Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3b02e18a
All Resistances +6

14: Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x219fc20b
+36 to Mana After Each Kill <--- I have a lower MPK with FCR; I can also roll more--lots of 
                                            saphs saved up

15: Beserker Axe
One-Hand Damage: 4 to 144
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 139
Required Level: 71
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1288fcfc
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

16: Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 4 to 127
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 112
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 67
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x39175c08
150% Damage to Undead

17: Cryptic Axe
Two-Hand Damage: ** to 220
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 61
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1dbbd030

18: Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 30 to 217
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 78
Required Strength: 178
Required Level: 76
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7469e7e1

19: Great Poleaxe
Two-Hand Damage: 28 to 240
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 169
Required Level: 73
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6bc37fdd

20: Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 24 to 204
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 65
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1f4b8886

21: Ghost Spear
Two-Hand Damage: 60 to 190
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Dexterity: 153
Required Strength: 112
Required Level: 68
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x21f93826

22: Balrog Blade
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 130
Two-Hand Damage: 46 to 211
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 109
Required Strength: 132
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5a1a6aaa

23: Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 24 to 121
Two-Hand Damage: 25 to 240
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 178
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x22a2558e

24: Colossus Sword
One-Hand Damage: 27 to 144
Two-Hand Damage: 69 to 220
Required Dexterity: 81
Required Strength: 160
Required Level: 72
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5608bfe6

25: Highland Blade
One-Hand Damage: 34 to 105
Two-Hand Damage: 70 to 175
Required Dexterity: 115
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x3358a079

26: Superior War Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 41 of 77
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x3933e8f2
+3 to Attack Rating
Increase Maximum Durability 10%
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)  <---I have a bunch of +3 holy shields with different mods
+3 to Fanaticism (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

27: Raven Claw
Long Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 5 to 16
Required Dexterity: 19
Required Strength: 22
Required Level: 15
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x322eaa9f
+3 to Strength
+3 to Dexterity
+67% Enhanced Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
Fires Explosive Arrows

Nice stuff there!

I'm especially drooling over the 12max dmg SC and the 20max 37life GC ^^

Did you find any scepter with FoH/HS/Conv or BH/HS/Conc? I'm currently hoping to find one in 1.06 and make a nice cta in it in 1.10s.

Notable holy shield scepters:

Code:
28: Superior War Scepter
Durability: 46 of 79
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x6567fcdc
Increase Maximum Durability 13%
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

29: Superior War Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 18
Durability: 68 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x74d3872c
+11% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead

30: War Scepter
Durability: 46 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x20f7399f
+1 to Conversion (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

31: War Scepter
Durability: 53 of 70
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x7d9a59c3
+2 to Meditation (Paladin Only)
+2 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+2 to Conviction (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Socketed (5: 0 used)

32: War Scepter
Durability: 37 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x45bd710d
+1 to Meditation (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

33: War Scepter
Durability: 47 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x220c0afa
+1 to Vengeance (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

34: War Scepter
Durability: 48 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x7156822e
+3 to Holy Shock (Paladin Only)
+1 to Sanctuary (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

35: War Scepter
Durability: 68 of 70
Fingerprint: 0xd8fca4e
+1 to Holy Freeze (Paladin Only)
+1 to Concentration (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Socketed (5: 0 used)

36: War Scepter
Durability: 52 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x3313eef7
+2 to Vigor (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

37: Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 19 to 40
Durability: 66 of 70
Required Dexterity: 117
Required Strength: 117
Fingerprint: 0x17d5fdc5
+1 to Meditation (Paladin Only)
+3 to Holy Shock (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

What exactlly is good on TC 3 drops? for me is same like minor mana potion drop from baal , is same useless, minor mana potion is even more rare (like another 1000 useless items) then TC 3 and it is worth same points to your score

Some of the TC3s make good leveling items.
And to be fair, most TC 87s are also just as useless.

I once got a drop from Baal that had only two items - one super healing potion and one super mana potion.
LOL.

Sent results.

Second round (not full) was much much better then first batch, but still garbage. No points in this round for me most likely, but gratz to eventual winner. Good thing is that I ticked over 50% of lvl 99. but just that. Now I'm hibernating until MFO.

I'm pretty happy with my second session, results sent. ESD some nice stuff you're giving away, too bad I'm not in the prize category *hopes that prize category wins gems and ESD's stash is for everyone*

I've got results from:

Zgpmf, frozzzen, horsehead, Nix, janooo, cyrax, and victus so far.

Send 'em in if you haven't already!

Sent results, pretty garbage but eh.

Also, does anyone know how the scoring sheet for baal + minions was done? Couldn't diablo + seal bosses be done the same way?

Sheet for Baal is just the rarities based on IKSC from his drops. For Diablo same would be agreeing that you get the same points from the items seal bosses dropped that you would get from Diablo.

I didn't do any runs so no score from me.

One more thought...

If someone was thinking 1.07 bases, I would provide one of each. Just tell me how many sockets you need, and I'll see what I can do.

Cyrax said:
@Swami: I can understand most of your choices, but how on earth do you get to 20-30 minute runs for a summoning necro? Seems to me that even with a moderately equiped necro you should be able to do so in half that time (at p1 that is). I do however, applaud your efforts to try and compete with much better equipped chars 👍.

Yes, you're right, Cyrax; I had let other characters borrow my summon necro's mercenary's crushing blow gear. When I twinked those back onto the necro, I was able to get down to approx. 10 minute runs. About three hours were run with the trapper, and the remaining seventeen of my twenty hours were completed with the summoner.

Results sent. Ho-hum score and not many qualifiers, but one of them was a nice TC87 grailer, so yippity yipee!

Here we are, the final round results :nod:

1.zgpmf:

The Cranium Basher 76.8
Ghostflame 76.8
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 32.6
Boneflame 11
Total: 229.8

2.Cyrax:

Griswold's redemption 97.7
M'avina's true sight 39.8
Griswold's valor 39.8
Ravenlore 19.5
Alma negra 8.8
Total: 205.6

3.Fyourics:

Gargoyle's bite 76.8
Gargoyle's bite 76.8
Halaberd's reign 11
Head hunter's glory 7.4
Messerschmidt's reaver 6.1
Total: 178.1

4.Horseheadnebula:

templar´s might 52.8
natalya´s mark 38.7
natalya´s mark 38.7
dragonscale 19.5
Halaberd's Reign 11
Total: 160.7

5.Frozzzen:

M'avina's True Sight 39.8
M'avina's True Sight 39.8
Alma Negra 8.8
Total: 153.6

TheNIx

Executioner's Justice 76.8
Ravenlore 19.5
The Redeemer 9.3
Boneshade 7.5
Wolfhowl 7.0
Total: 120.1

kestegs:

Griswold's Valor 39.8
M'avina's Caster 5.5
Thunderstroke 4.5
Cranebeak 4.5
Verdungo's Hearty Cord 4.1
Total: 58.4

janooo

Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 32.6
Azurewrath 7.5
Ondal's Wisdom 7.5
Lacerator 4.5
Lacerator 4.5
Total: 56.6

Swamigoon:

Griswold's Valor 39.8
Alma Negra 8.8
Jade Talon 2.9
Ondal's Almighty 2.5
Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1.0
Total: 55.0

Victus:

Schaefer's Hammer 15.3
Ondal's Wisdom 7.5
Arkaine's Valor 7.4
Wolfhowl 7.0
Blood Raven's Charge 6.5
Total: 43.7

Zemaj:
Stoneraven 5.8
Steel Shade 6.3
Blood Raven's Charge 6.5
Blood Raven's Charge 6.5
Ondal's Wisdom 7.5
Total: 32.6

And thus the final standings are this:

FINAL STANDINGS

ZGPMF 14p
LD50 11p
frozzzen 9p
kestegs 9p
fyourics 7p
Cyrax 7p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
TheNix 4p
Victus 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
Horseheadnebula 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

Congrats to Zgpmf on an impressive win!

Way to go zgpmf. Congratz on winning both the round and the overall standings. :congrats:

kestegs said:
Fyourics:
Gargoyle's bite 76.8
Gargoyle's bite 76.8

:rant: I hate you. Would've happily traded places if it meant i'd find even one of these. This is one of the 3 items left for me to find.

Looking at the final standings i'm even more disappointed in myself, for not turning in my results in time for the runehunt (cowlevel). With those points i would've made it to a podium place.

And thank you Fabian/Kestegs for organising this event.

From what I can tell this is the last incantation of the list of prizes. I don't have the pgems so I will contact Fabian once we have a list with emails.

so far it looks like this is the way it breaks down:
ZGPMF 14p
LD50 11p (round 4 win)(round 5 win)(Overall winner) 50%
frozzzen 9p (round 1 win)(round 6 win)(overall second place) 30%
kestegs 9p
fyourics 7p
Cyrax 7p
WoRG 5p (round 2 win) 10%
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
TheNix 4p
Scrcrw 3p
Victus 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p (round 3 win) 10%
Horseheadnebula 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

The final round went to frozzzen as he was the top prize category scorer, same with round 3 and kaerion, if that is wrong let me know as I didn't see the other people on the prize list.

After we confirm these results and get emails I'll get fabian on it.

I have also sent a pm to jjscud to see about him hosting a final MFO before D3 release as he said he wanted to.

Close but no cigar...oh wait, that wasn't even close.

Gratz to zgpmf for winning overall and gratz to LD50 for winning in prize pool. Some pgems wont hurt, but meh :) Tnx to nubs that hosted this MFL, it was fun and there was a lot nice finds. I guess I used all luck in that first round both in rune and qualifier department :) That ethereal Mang's was definitively best find for me in entire MFL.

Congrats all...

LD50, PM me with any requests. I could put together a number of nice 1.07 bases for your 1.13 runes...

Congrats to the winners. Its been great to watch the scores come in and there has been some good stuff found over the last few months. Thanks again to Fabian and Kestegs for all their work. The one question I'd like to ask is:

When can we do it again?

Grats to everyone for your finds and again to the winners! This was definitely a fun tourney, although I couldn't find the motivation to run in the last round.

@ESD: Thanks, but I think the gems will be enough for me...

Ok LD50...

Frozzzen?

Well done and congrats to all of the winners over the last six months. My Flavie GoMuleReport looks a little less sparse, too.

What? I'm third? You guys aren't even trying.

Grats to zgpmf on the round, and overall, victory.

@ESD

There are couple of things, but I somehow doubt you have any of those :) I'll send you PM soonish.

Thanks to Fabian for an awesome format of this tourney and hosting, of course, and thanks to Kestegs for taking over when Fabian was busy. Furthermore, congrats to all participants for putting a great amount of time and effort in this, especially round winners, oh boy was it tough to win points in every single round.
I started with 0 points in first 2 rounds, and than on my patience finally paid off, not being in the first place until this last round makes it all worthwhile now. :)

Now I have a 99 char to make and a MFO to win.

@ESD
Gieb that eth GPA ;)

Congratz from Croatia :)

Doesn't look like anyone is contesting my scoring or anything, so I'm going to work on getting the pgems out, I'll let you know when I've sent them or what the status is.

This is to square up with frozzzen.

I grabbed items from my stashes that were at least similar to your needs (some just barely). For your review:

Code:
1: Prefix 978 Small Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x1d69c7c7
+17 to Mana
+5 to Maximum Damage

2: Prefix 974 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x56cde000
+34 to Mana
+11 to Maximum Damage

3: Prefix 962 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x459e7925
+23 to Mana
+18 to Maximum Damage

4: Prefix 1016 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x6c9e2a7
+19 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +36%

5: Prefix 1055 Grand Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x78f7b4b8
Lightning Resist +35%
7% Faster Run/Walk

6: Prefix 1073 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x4ff2f65e
+18 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +18%

7: Prefix 1179 Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x46f5d812
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

8: Prefix 1179 Grand Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x7444e987
7% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

9: Prefix 854 Large Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x49b41e9e
+12 to Maximum Damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

10: Prefix 970 Large Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x29476d25
+12 to Mana
5% Faster Run/Walk

11: Prefix 972 Large Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x229a5234
+19 to Mana
5% Faster Run/Walk

12: Prefix 1024 Small Charm of Quality
Required Level: 28
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x27d4e35c
+4 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +12%

13: Prefix 1044 Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x70b6d563
Fire Resist +10%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

14: Prefix 1063 Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x35e9ab49
Lightning Resist +11%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

15: Prefix 1083 Small Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x22511f1f
+5 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +10%

16: Feral Claws
One-Hand Damage: 37 to 126
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 124
Required Strength: 105
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3c8341e9
+1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)

17: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x186ec8ec
+1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)

18: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x14bb61a
+2 to Blade Shield (Assassin Only)

19: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x35085807
+2 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)

20: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x46360b4a

21: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x4bb09bf5
+1 to Dragon Tail (Assassin Only)
+1 to Blade Shield (Assassin Only)
+2 to Blade Fury (Assassin Only)

22: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x779ae1aa

23: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x43a1b6ed
+3 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)

24: Feral Claws
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x20bec31
+1 to Blade Fury (Assassin Only)
+1 to Fade (Assassin Only)

25: Superior Feral Claws
Durability: 14 of 16
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x4f3aceff
Increase Maximum Durability 11%

26: Superior Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 25 to 90
Durability: 13 of 14
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 110
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 54
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2cafce59
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
+1 to Blades of Ice (Assassin Only)

27: Superior Suwayyah
Durability: 13 of 15
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x63ee874a
Increase Maximum Durability 13%
+1 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)

28: Suwayyah
Durability: 13 of 13
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x1511c55b
+2 to Phoenix Strike (Assassin Only)
+1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

29: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0xddd4efe

30: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x3fdc6c14
+2 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
+3 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)

31: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x265b981c
+1 to Phoenix Strike (Assassin Only)

32: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x65a93f08

33: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x63937c95

34: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x7da02e64
+2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

35: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x263c5e9
+1 to Charged Bolt Sentry (Assassin Only)

36: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x73890bbf

37: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0xfd0ea98
+1 to Weapon Block (Assassin Only)

38: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x54e72ed0

39: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x6f7690cd

40: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x49b19d4d
+1 to Shadow Master (Assassin Only)

41: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x5c4765ea
+2 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)

42: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x47b2e3fc

43: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x150eae81
+1 to Claws of Thunder (Assassin Only)
+1 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)

44: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x323aca31
+2 to Venom (Assassin Only)

45: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x7ab18565
+1 to Venom (Assassin Only)

46: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x25ae0f6c
+2 to Claws of Thunder (Assassin Only)

47: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x746e4fe6
+2 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)

48: Suwayyah
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x6c1a63e3

49: Havoc Barb
Feral Claws
One-Hand Damage: 48 to 114
Durability: 45 of 78
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 134
Required Strength: 115
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x789e9089
+95% Enhanced Damage
+112 to Attack Rating
+5 to Maximum Damage
Adds 2-9 fire damage
40% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Charged Bolt Sentry (Assassin Only)
187% Damage to Demons
+249 to Attack Rating against Demons

50: Skull Thirst
Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 21 to 60
Durability: 16 of 24
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 120
Required Strength: 120
Fingerprint: 0x278bfeba
+29% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-11 lightning damage
Adds 2-7 poison damage over 3 seconds
+2 to Venom (Assassin Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 31%
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

1.12+

Code:
Order Wing  <--- not sure I want to part with this.  Included for completeness.
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x47622215
Item Level: 90
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+9 to Strength
+21 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xb72eb24a
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
+29 to Life

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcad5fa2e
+38 to Life

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x198d2bf5
+38 to Life

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Vita   <---I think this one was not rerolled.  All other GCs probably were.
Grand Charm
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x780dc809
Item Level: 94
+45 to Life

Skull Clutches  <---no crafted gloves of interest.  Just these two.
Crusader Gauntlets
Defense: 89
Durability: 9 of 18
Required Strength: 151
Fingerprint: 0x866ed50c
Unidentified
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+29% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +23%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 2 Ice Arrow (19/25 Charges)

Corpse Hold
Leather Gloves
Defense: 2
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x78f66093
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Replenish Life +5

Ghoul Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xdadae705
Item Level: 85
6% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Strength
Cold Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
Attacker Takes Damage of 2

Cunning Greater Talons   <---Thought it might be of interest
Greater Talons
One Hand Damage: 21 - 35
Durability: 69 of 69
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 79
Required Dexterity: 79
Fingerprint: 0x5f851fdb
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+2 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Viper Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0x36bec6c1
Item Level: 81
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +29%

Wraith Whorl
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xc75ef366
+6 to Energy
+7 to Life
Cold Resist +5%
Lightning Resist +5%
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%

Ghoul Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0xbb5c8d56
Item Level: 86
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
+24 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
Requirements -15%

Death Scarab
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa1522f2e
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Mana
Requirements -15%

Some of those items are disturbingly awesome, and you nailed it quite nicely to guess couple of those would be needed items :)
Heh, right now I feel like 8 year boy in a candy store. Without parents or shopkeeper :badteeth:

Anyway...
From 1.07 stash:

From 1.12+ stash

Any of those that you don't need/don't plan to use, I'd be welcoming them :) Tnx for generosity, and whatever you decide to send, I'll wait for them at diiitrade @ hotmail . com
Tnx once again :)

ESD, can I have one 1.07 6os eth GPA, I'll gladly pay for it if necessary.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High