MF League, 2011/2012 Season - Sign-Up and Discussion! [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on Sept 27, 2011.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MF League, 2011/2012 Season - Sign-Up and Discussion!

Standings:
Standing after round 5, AT:
after round 5, AT:

LD50 11p
kestegs 9p
ZGPMF 9p
frozzzen 8p
WoRG 5p
OMGWTFIAMNUB 5p
fyourics 4p
TheNix 4p
Victus 3p
Cyrax 3p
scrcrw 3p
zemaj 3p
iame 3p
Kaerion 2p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

Hey guys,

It's been almost two years since the first MF League began, now it's time for the new edition! Here's the discussion thread for the previous edition, if someone wants to read up on it.

Format

This MF League will be shorter than the previous. It will feature 6 rounds, with most of the "weird" or "fun" or "nonsense" (depending on how you look at it :)) targets left out. This time around, the rounds will be of the most popular running targets in the SPF: Pindle, AT, Pit, A85 Areas, Travincal (rune hunt) and Cows (rune hunt).

Each round will run for 10 days, from 00:01 your local time on Friday, to 11.59 pm your local time on the following Sunday. During these 10 days, you can play a total of 20 hours. Basically, exactly like most rounds of the previous MF League :)

Here are the dates for each round:

Round 1: Friday September 30 - Sunday October 9 - Pindleskin
Round 2: Friday November 4 - Sunday November 20 - Cows
Round 3: Friday December 9 - Sunday December 25 - Pit
Round 4: Friday January 13 - Sunday January 29 - Council
Round 5: Friday February 24 - Sunday March 11 - AT
Round 6: Friday March 30 - Sunday April 15 - Baal + Minions

Baal score sheet

The observant will notice there's a full 3½ weeks between the end of one round and the beginning of the next, except for the very last round when there's only a 2½ week gap. With this schedule, we finish in nearly exactly 6 months, which I think is a perfect time for a tournament like this. This isn't completely set in stone, as there may or may not be adjustments later on to make room for a proper MFO which is likely happening at some point. We'll worry about that later.

Scoring

For each round, your top 5 qualifiers (Runes for Cows/Travincal, Sets/Uniques for the other rounds) are added together to form your final score for the round. The people with the highest score each round will be awarded points for the overall standings, as follows:

1st place: 5p
2nd place: 4p
3rd place: 3p
4th place: 2p
5th place: 1p

Again, this is like the previous MF League.

Prizes

Much like the previous MF League, you can choose to pay a participation fee of 50 pgems, which will be used as prizes:

1st place overall: 30%
2nd place overall: 10%
1st place in each individual round: 10%

You can of course choose to participate without paying the fee, but you will also not be eligible for the prizes. In that case, all you'll be playing for is for fun, competition and bragging rights :) Keep in mind that to send and/or receive pgems, you need to have a trade profile in the SPTF. If you don't, feel more than free to participate in the non-prize category!

If you wish to be part of the prize-category, you can send your 50 pgems to me at (redacted -Pb). I expect [1.13c SC FAM] gems, make sure to point out if yours are tagged differently.

Closing Thoughts

After each round is done, please email me at fabbe _ sjoblom @ hotmail . com with a list of your top5 qualifiers. Please make sure to include your forum nick!

The first round, beginning this Friday September 30, will be Pindleskin. I chose this for the first round because I felt most people would have, or could put together on a few days' notice, a capable Pindlerunner, but would perhaps need more time to prepare a Travbarb or a WSK runner, or whatever. Let me know if you have any strong preference for the order of the coming rounds, they'll be a lot easier to influence :)

The list of qualifiers and their scores for Pindleskin can be found here. Note that a few items, most notably Stormlash, are not worth as much as they have been in the past, as a result of a lengthy discusison on MFO scoring earlier this year.

Please let me know your thoughts on the tournament as a whole, feedback, constructive criticism, trashtalk, advice, questions about the tournament or builds for different targets, and basically anything else. This thread will be used for the entire tournament, so all of your trashtalk and questions about anything can go in here :) Finally, if you wish to sign up for the tournament, copy/paste yourself into the appropriate box found in the next post!

Fabian

Re: MF League, 2011/2012 Season - Sign-Up and Discussion!

Will send pgems before Friday.

Any interest in adding LK to allow for cow/trav comparison?

Great, i was hoping there'd be another one of these. With my 99 project finished i should be able to compete more than the 1 round of last time.

I see that all the rounds are an even 20 hours of running. Is that deliberate or just because we did it that way last time? I'm asking because of the whole discussion going on at the end of the previous league where there was talk of mixing up the shorter and longer events. It seemed to be a nice idea when properly executed, so i was just wondering what happened to that.

As far as preferences go, if i could choose the order of the currently named targets i'd be: Pindle, AT, Cows, A85, Pits, Travi. Having said that, i wouldn't call it a strong preference, just the order i think would suit me best. Also why no Baal?

Damn, i wish i'd have some more time to put together all the chars. But i guess i'd say the same if i did have more time.

Twenty hours for 10 days seems too little to me. It's my average time per day(2 hours) when I play for fun. But in competition it should be 6 or 8 hours or no limit at all. I played 8 hours a day average in the last MFO with pity drops. What kept me running is the extra dose of motivation when you compete with somebody else.

ESD, LK was considered, and discarded on account of it being the lamest and boringest "competition" target imaginable. If six hundred people told me I was dead wrong on that, I guess I would reconsider it, but I doubt that will happen :)

Cyrax, the 20 hours on all rounds thing is mostly because I wanted to keep it simple. To me, it was/is a good enough compromise between different peoples' wants and needs that I figured it would make everyone at least reasonably happy without discouraging anyone from partaking because the format is terrible (like that "fixed number of runs, no time limit" suggestion in the old thread certainly would, for instance). It's more than possible that a better/more preferable format exists, but it's unlikely to be happening this time around unless people seem really excited/united over something specific.

Baal isn't included because he's not a good MF target. I'm sure some people will disagree with me, those people I would encourage to host a Baalathon. Hopefully at the same time as an MF League round, so I can laugh and act smug when 2 people show up* ;)

On a more serious note, I'm sure Baal is great if you want a nice challenge or like to level characters or possibly something else, but for an MF target, he's as much of a novelty target as Diablo or Act III temples or Maggot Lair level 2. In my opinion.

Victus, participate with two characters! If you play enough where 20 hours over 10 days feels boring and uninspiring, two entries (or three, or four) will surely keep you occupied. On a personal note, I mostly agree with you that the drive to compete with others is what keeps you going and going, and it's the reason why I haven't been super fond of this format in the past, instead preferring MFO style "run until your eyes bleed" type competitions. Taking into account what others want is important to not make this is a 2-player competition though, and I think this compromise is necessary to keep enough players interested, and overall definitely for the best. Feel more than free to do two blocks of 20 hours and send two separate results though. Twice the chance of winning :)

* This is a joke people, relaaax!

Hi, this seems really interesting to me but I had a couple questions.

1) I am going away for my sisters wedding from 30th Sep through til 2nd Oct and I doubt I could get 20 hours before the 9th. Is there any allowance for starting a round early by myself (it is 28th Sep local time here atm) as I have a character atm that is Pindle ready? Being married and working a heap 2 hours a day is about the max I can spend and I would be very short on hours if I only done 3rd-9th.

2) For the PGems I don't have any trade profile (have never traded) though I do play by the 1.13c SC FAM rules. Is there any restrictions on making trade profiles? Also do you need the gems before start of first round? I just spent all my ALL my pgems rolling for res all charms (got nothing at all...) but I am sure it wouldn't take long to pick up enough flawless gems to cube into pgems.

I'd really like to join but this is kinda short notice. Are you set on starting this weekend or is it dependent on the number of players who sign up?

And somewhat related: How about counting only the points from your 4 best rounds? That way it would still be best to compete in all 6 rounds for a bigger chance at a high score, but it would allow people to skip a round or join later and still be competitive as long as they play at least 4. This could also alleviate the problem of players dropping out midway.

Let's make it two weeks run time and 3 weeks break :p work, school, projects probably will try to keep me away from diablo and they will succeed some how so longer runing period would be great :D

I think this time around I'll have a go at this league... I'll put myself to a table later, depending on how much pgems I manage to get until friday.

@MuttonExplosion: I think the point, in part at least, of this kind of league thing is that to win, you have to do well consistently and not just half the time, but it's of course up to Fabian to decide.

Fear me, all competitors for last place in the bragging rights category! I come to take your ironic glory! I *will* see more Isenhart's Armours droop that you!

*waves wooden sword and dons rusty saucepan helmet*

Also, yay for MF tournaments! I got a Lo from the AT at the end of last week, I guess that's probably this year's good luck used up. Just got to get my Blizz sorc to Mr Pindleskin now.

Downsy, regarding the trade profile, you can make one. There's no restriction on that, everyone is free to trade on here as long as they abide by forum rules. Make sure to read the trade forum FAQ(s) though, or Thyiad will be mad ;) Feel free to send the pgems whenever it's convenient, hopefully sooner rather than later (this goes for you too LD50), but no super rush.

To those who had comments/questions about starting time, short notice, 2 weeks running vs 3 weeks break etc.. well it's tough to make everyone happy. I don't particularly mind any of those suggestions, the question is what keeps the most people happy. In my experience, having lots of MF competitions in short succession tends to make people less interested in them, which is why I wanted a reasonable break between all the rounds, and also why I wanted to get started sooner rather than later. If I change the rules around, perhaps other people will be unhappy with that.

How about we start this Friday September 30 as planned, but the first round runs for two weeks (17 days) instead of one (10 days)? That way, people who feel it's short notice can take an extra week to prepare/get a runner together, and people who feel they have too little time should be able to get the 20 hours in more easily. Even WhereIsMyZod gets his 2 weeks running/3 weeks break ;) Then I guess participator's feedback will dictate how we do it for coming rounds? Don't want to make people unhappy enough with the rules that they don't want to play. Does this sound like a reasonable enough compromise?

I will join. Bragging rights for now. If I can start a SC sorc to run in time and gain 50 pgems, may I switch to the prizable table?

Also, if anybody would be so kind as to donate some cheap MF gear/mid-level start-up gear for a light sorc (I reckon I'll just use a light sorc. I enjoy them. Or should I go blizz? idk...) I will happily give their choice of 3-10 items minus those used for the prizes in the tourny!

well, i will still have time problems for other rounds but diablo is always diablo :) there is always time for it. i'll send the PGs asap :)

I'll run along in the non-prize category. Also, I'd be all up for the 2 week time period for running in all categories but it's not a sticking point that would make me not run. Still, I'll probably be good for 8-10 hours in each area.

I'll do my best to find some time for this. Should be able to get some rounds completed. :)

I won't give you my gems, but I will give you opportunity to bite some dust :p /trashtalk

I do not think that I will play a lot (not even if I will play at least once) but PGems are useless in my stashes so I hope that someone will use them more then me :)
good luck to all

2 weeks running time will work for me. I'm in!:D

Well, this is going great. I haven't even started and my entry in the first round is already in jeopardy. I came home and hit the button to turn the pc on and...nothing not even a peep :banghead:. Power on: check. Cables all still inserted correctly: check. Looked up the number to reach the company where i bought the pc (only a few months old). Found out i was 15 mins too late to reach them as they're closed for the rest of the day :xxx:. Now i'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out if (what) they can do about it and when. So i very much doubt it'll be fixed before the weekend even if it just is some small thing. Also it seems like i can't find the receipt so i hope they won't give me any trouble about that or i'll be really mad.

Fabian said:
Victus, participate with two characters! If you play enough where 20 hours over 10 days feels boring and uninspiring, two entries (or three, or four) will surely keep you occupied. On a personal note, I mostly agree with you that the drive to compete with others is what keeps you going and going, and it's the reason why I haven't been super fond of this format in the past, instead preferring MFO style "run until your eyes bleed" type competitions. Taking into account what others want is important to not make this is a 2-player competition though, and I think this compromise is necessary to keep enough players interested, and overall definitely for the best. Feel more than free to do two blocks of 20 hours and send two separate results though. Twice the chance of winning :)

Now the part that's the reason of my post.

I think the quote above may cause some confusion (at least it did for me) so let me see if i get this right. The part of the multiple entries of characters suggests that you'd play all rounds with the same character, but you are allowed to compete with more than 1 character.
However if i'm not mistaken the deal is: you can compete with a different character each round if you want to. And you could within one round run with multiple chars for 20 hours each or do multiple 20 hour stretches with 1 and the same character, off which your best result will count towards your score.
Am i getting this right?

Cyrax, good thing you're getting an extra week to get that stuff sorted then ;) Good luck.

The deal is, you can compete with whatever character you want for each different round. You can compete with multiple characters each round too if you wish, for instance feel free to do 10h of Pindle with your blizzsorc before switching to your lightzon for the last 10h. You can do multiple blocks of 20h per round if you want to, again with a single character, different characters, or a mix. Feel free to run 10h with the blizzsorc, 10h with the lightzon, then another 20h block with a sorc/zon mix. Or whatever. Obviously, be very clear to yourself with when you're done with the first 20h block and when you're "starting over" on block 2. No cheating, putting that nice Archon Staff into block 1 even though you're in your 21st hour of running, etc ;)

And yes, you send your best score to me when you're done running. Let's say someone runs 35h with their blizzsorc; they'd then have a score of their top5 qualifiers from the first 20 hours, and a score of their top5 qualifiers from the last 15 hours. Send whichever score is highest to me :)

coju, I added you to the bragging rights section! Feel free to switch over if you want to, no big deal.

Wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least join the table :) Good luck everyone!

I would have donated some pgems, but I don't have any. :(

Wow, I'm a bit surprised how fast you can collect pgems...

Fabian said:
And yes, you send your best score to me when you're done running. Let's say someone runs 35h with their blizzsorc; they'd then have a score of their top5 qualifiers from the first 20 hours, and a score of their top5 qualifiers from the last 15 hours. Send whichever score is highest to me :)

So I can play N twenty hour sessions and choose the best scored. That sounds quite cheesy to me. But you are the boss and the law here. :p

Speaking from experience, that doesn't happen a whole lot in practice.. though I guess it might now with longer rounds. I'm not married to the idea of allowing multiple blocks, you were the one who wanted more playing time ;)

If most people prefer to just make it one 20 hour block per person per run, I'm fine with that. Not an important rule either way, in my eyes.

What about two categories?

First, for 20 hours results.
Second, for running as much as one wants.

If there's a great number of interested people, both would be big enough. (If not, yeah it can make this less interesting by thinning down the numbers)

I'd love to join this stuff, but since I've just rerolled and my one and only char (fishymancer) has barelly started act 2 on nightmare, I doubt I'll be able to :( Ah well.. Perhaps I'll get in on one of the final rounds ^^

Do or Die (Most likely die since i haven't played in a long time)

Ok, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm trying to complete my self found grail so I'll be running most of these areas anyway.

One question, does the same character have to run in all the rounds?

EDIT: It's Thursday arvo here, so I can start in a little over 11 hours.

Count me in!

The longer run period would suit me too, tbh. I'm busily jumping my sorc about in A3 Hell at the mo, trying to get to Pindle ASAP.

I'm going to respec into a Meteorber from a Blizzsorc, I think. Gives me a bit more possibilities than just running AT well and being vulnerable elsewhere.

Mind you, the only +skills I've got are on a Spirit Sword, so I may be a bit of a weeny...

I have talked to Fabian about this and he suggested I open the question to all.

In short, I was thinking about making a donation to the prize pool to entice participation and keep things competitive.

As many of you know, I recently completed a 99er and most of my ESD time is spent in lvl85 areas. I have compiled a large stash of coveted items along the way. Items of note (this is by no means an exhaustive list):

Code:
Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 111 - 286
Durability: 54 of 65
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x3ba7120c
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking
Indestructible
+20% Increased Attack Speed
123% Enhanced Damage
+150 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+600 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
Lightning Resist +75%
+1 to Light Radius

Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x9e0a16d9
Item Level: **
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-46% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+9 to Mana after each Kill
+7 Life after each Kill

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 472
Durability: 37 of 55
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
Fingerprint: 0x178636f7
Item Level: 85
Unidentified
250% Enhanced Damage
+234 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
7% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 30%

Zod Rune
Required Level: 69
Weapons: Indestructible
Armor: Indestructible
Shields: Indestructible

Jah Rune
Required Level: 65
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Sur Rune
Required Level: 61
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Shields: +50 to Mana

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x5ec1da24
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+5% to Fire Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe4dfce2f
100% Chance to cast level 51 Poison Nova when you Die
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa3ea619f
100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+5% to Cold Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x47c2d3c3
Item Level: 85
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+4% to Lightning Skill Damage

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 171
Durability: 14 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x400f0eba
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+11% to Lightning Skill Damage
+113 Defense

I am thinking along the lines of winners choice (1.12-1.13):

Zod (from MFO Cows)
Compete sets (I have many multiples of all)
Enigma (or runes to make)
Infinity (or runes to make)
Premium socketables
Most TC87s (I only need Tyriels for my grail, along with Wisp and Hotspurs)
Crazy good rares/magic items (give me an ISO list and I'll search my stashes)

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Holy macaroni! That is very generous of you, EatSleepDiablo.

If you add that stash to the prize pool I will join the eligible side hands down.

That would definitely make the prize category more appealing, nice idea and a very nice gesture from you ESD... 👍 If this is decided, I guess it would be ok for others to contribute also?

I don't know if there are others, but at least I will have to change to the braggers league, due to my self-found rules.

LD50.

I too am self found (excepting Robby's 1.09 Ravenclaw). Simply decline winner's choice if you win.

Yeah, that's the way it has been in the MFO's. But now there is a different group for non-prizes, so it could feel like taking away from those that were in for the prizes... Then again, the competition might be tighter in prize-group.

Hmm, meditate on this, I will...

I'll join this, been looking forward to some MF action! We'll see how it goes though :p

I had my pgems ready for sending this morning but power went off and I lost ~20 pgems. It's not much but it's anoying to collect them again. I'll send them probably tomorrow.

LD50 said:
Yeah, that's the way it has been in the MFO's. But now there is a different group for non-prizes, so it could feel like taking away from those that were in for the prizes... Then again, the competition might be tighter in prize-group.

I think your thoughtprocess is incorrect. Unless rules for this MF league are different from the previous. Their are now 2 different tables to show who wants to compete for prizes and who doesn't. During the rounds there will only be one group counting both the people playing for prizes and those who don't. That means position 1 through 5 could be held be all non-prize competators, all who do play for the prizes, or a mix of both. In the end there is one overall standing which includes both groups so you can see how you did. And for the dividing of the prizes the highest ranked of the prize group would be the winner in that division and have first pick of the prizes. It's possible that he's also the overall winner, but it could just as well be the number 3 of the overall standing. Same thing goes for numbers 2, 3, etc from prizetakers.

At least that's how i remember last years competition, so maybe things have changed.

Oh... Sorry, my bad :embarassed:

Maybe it would have been a good idea to read the last years thing... :p

Just writing myself up to the tables. Not much time to run but we'll see how it goes.

I may not find enough time to play a considerable amount ,but it is MF league after all:smug:

i've sent the PGs, Fabian could you confirm you received and could open the stash pls, i had some hard time with my new computer so it might not work smoothly :)

btw, i had like 30 pgs and for the rest i went to the travincal. i found ber and lo until i get the 20 PGs. :jig: i guess to find runes you should not run for runes :D

Switching to other table.

Also, any rough idea what might be the second round?

I'll send gems tomorrow. Just switching...
GL to everyone starting this early :)

Gonna jump in on this, hadn't realized it was starting up quite so soon...glad we have a little extra time on Pindle, as I don't currently have a dedicated Pindle runner.

...and I might as well go all in and ante up...

WoRG

Runes don't count as qualifiers in this round right?

Good morning everone and good look to those who already have started to run! I don't think I can start until mid next week, but 20h should be possible nonetheless.

Runes are no qualifiers I think. Fabian linked to the MFO Act5 S/U sheet here.

And what happen when runes are not qualifiers? :scratchchin:Baltha gets a Cham in the first few runs. I knew this would happen :coffee:.

Anyway, Pgms sent. Do I have to report it anywhere?

Well, I suppose worse things could happen at Pindle.😉

Everytime I look at one of your screenshots I vow to play the spanish version one day btw. Every item just sounds like it's super elite. "War Fist" sounds like the nickname of some wrestling dude from the 80's. "El Puno de Guerra" on the other hand sounds like you can pimp slap Pindle with it until he doesn't even want to get up anymore.

xDDD. Spanish version is full of silly translations, not epicness.

Take "wyrmhide", for example. It is referring to the skin of the wyrm, right? Well, it is translated like it is referring to the hiding place of one. Then, they translate wyrm as "little dragon" for any dubious reason. And so the name becomes incredibly long "La Guarida del Dragón Pequeño". It's annoying when you run LK.

That's the beauty of not really knowing any spanish. I can go with the sound alone. And then "La Guarida del Dragon Pequeno" is pure epicness. Certainly worth a couple of lost HR's due to major screen clutter.:crazyeyes:

I sent pgems:D

Hi !

May I join you or it's too late ? :scratchchin:
I love the idea, even if I'm not a crazy runner, and I doubt I can play 20 hours in 2 weeks, but let's have some fun (if I'm qualified) !

Keeping the codes in the quotes makes it so the next person can't quote your post with the tables. I've fixed it for you.

Been a long time since I've played this seems like a great way to start up again. How long do I have to collect (and then send) them gems to be eligible for prizes? I don't have a character yet.

With a little under 20mins to go I've got a char to Pindle: yay me!

edit for clarification: 20 mins left of 30 Sept in Uk, and I've made it to Pindle. Now the work begins!

I'm in. Sent my pgems, I'm joining the prize eligible group. :)

Well I just have to have a go.

Successfully killing Pindle about once in every 10-15 runs. Does that make me one of the "elite runners"? :scratchchin:

It's due to my non-existant wealth,and that my merc bites the dust every time, meaning I have to leg it with Pindle unkilled and hopefully my sorc not dead.

Zemaj said I could have one of his entries so I switched groups. Thanks Zemaj :)

Nevermind.

Well, I won't have much time this year, so I'll participate for fun.

Hey guys, sorry for being away from the thread for a while, been kinda busy with school and weekend things and such.

I've received pgems from everyone on the list who has the Y next to them. If you want to be part of the prize group, I'd prefer you announced this before you started running Pindle (to prevent situations like "hey I'm not doing the prize thing.. oh look what a nice dweb, guess I'll join the prize category!"), and I'd prefer if you sent your pgems before the Pindle round is over in ~2 weeks at the latest, since I'll be sending out gems to the winner of this round.

zemaj sent an extra 150 pgems for 3 extra entries. JoshK used up one, but from my understanding 2 "free" entries are up for grabs if someone is interested. bassano also sent 210 leftover prize gems from the last MF League (ThomH's second place finish I believe), as well as 90 of his own to keep things in nice round numbers :)

I think that's that as far as prize stuff goes. Good luck running everyone, I'll be starting today!

PS I'm really happy with how many people turned up for this tournament :) Thanks everyone!

zemaj said:
really... you are running a blizz sorc I assume? Whats your gear/mercs gear like? What level are you/merc? Are you upping the player settings? How are you approaching Pindle's group?

not trying to be too in your business, but it just boggles me that this is giving you so much trouble. Even with crummy gear, blizz sorc shouldn't have many problems with Pindle...

EDIT:
I was waiting for Fabian to say something about it, but since he hasn't & things are moving right along... I went ahead & followed through with my 'threat'. 3 entries have been paid, so if anyone wants to switch over but lacks the gems, go ahead & switch 😉

not that there is any reason to do so this round (buwahahaha :evil2: ) [/trashtalk]

The main problem is a respec I did into a Meteorb sorc as I don't think a pure Blizz will cut it in this set of tournaments. Due to a bit of build ADHD, I've used up all my availble respecs and I'm stuck with this one until I get enough essences. With hindsight, this probably wasn't the best of decisions...

I've just taken some items from my HC stash and made a Foritude, but I noticed my merc is only lvl77, which puts him 9 lvls below Pindle.

I'm going to run the AT a bit to level him and hopefully get a nice helm for him, and start running Pindle a bit later on this week.

Also, my strategy for running Pindle is based on the habits of someone using Blizz rather than FO, so that'll take some work too.

Hopefully I'll do better in the next challenge.

EM

Hey, Fabian: we have to send our results to you via pm, right?

Try using Meteor/static/Meteor/Fireball against Pindle and check your time per run. FO in the Meteorb tend to be weak, and only used only against FI.

Baltha,

"After each round is done, please email me at fabbe _ sjoblom @ hotmail . com with a list of your top5 qualifiers. Please make sure to include your forum nick!"

With a PM limit of 10, PMing results would probably not work well :)

Pindle delivers :)

Code:
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/screenshot253g.jpg/"]Zod Rune[/url]
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Helms: Indestructible

Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion

For the sake of trivia, this is my third ever Zod rune, all three came from Pindle, all three were found by same character (this is 99% sure) and all three were found at some kind of competition, MFO, MFO league or whatever. I'm glad that tradition is preserved and accidentally I really could use another Zod.

That's about non qualifiers, but I could use IK hammer to increase my score :/

@Fabian: yes, I missed that fact xD. Thanks!

@Frozzen: Jah and a Cham here, and not particularly outstanding qualifiers yet xD.

@frozzzen: Wow, that's pretty cool :) How about we switch our Pindles for the rest of the round?

On other news, it seems I can't make myself run this Pindle fellow more than 10 minutes, unless I'm drinking. So you know what that means.... Goodbye, sober week :guiness:

What sort of run times are you guys getting?

20 seconds here. I think is a pretty standard time for /p1.

Heh, my fastest run is 20:176 avg 29:549. I gotta stop being so casual!

Probably not good that I don't have any run speed boots yet though.

Harmony Bow could solve that problem if you don't use a MF switch. Which build are you using?

I'm running a brand new blizz sorc (extra points into orb when I get there lvl 77 atm) I just built w/ some handouts from kestegs (tals, 1skill mf ammy, rhyme, goldwrap).

Baltha said:
Hey, Fabian: we have to send our results to you via pm, right?

Try using Meteor/static/Meteor/Fireball against Pindle and check your time per run. FO in the Meteorb tend to be weak, and only used only against FI.

Cool, thanks. I'll give this a try rather than just spamming FO and hoping for the best.

Frozzzen, grats on Zod, don't worry, you'll get plenty of IK mauls at Council's:p[/trashtalk]
Anyway, I just got an Ohm, and Ist, Gul earlier.

@JOSHK My average is ~17 secs, I'm running with Barb tho.

My average so far is 16.1, but now that I've snuck on an Inertia charm and added another +2 skills for Increased Speed in town, I expect that to drop significantly to 16.09 or so :D

zgpmf said:
@JOSHK My average is ~17 secs, I'm running with Barb tho.
Fabian said:
My average so far is 16.1, but now that I've snuck on an Inertia charm and added another +2 skills for Increased Speed in town, I expect that to drop significantly to 16.09 or so :D

You guys are sickos. Hopefully I'll have a better char setup for round 2. What is the rd 2 target btw?

zemaj said:
average run time in preliminary runs (~2hrs worth) was 16.4s... most of this is running from spawn to portal, I feel.

and all I did was take my travbarb & fiddle with his gear+charms :badteeth:

Are muling and loading included in this?
Baltha said:
20 seconds here. I think is a pretty standard time for /p1.

I think p1 or p7 wont matter, the time changes between 18s and 21s. But cham and jah in p1. Whow that is crazy, i thought i was lucky to get an ohm in p7:D

Josh, I haven't decided on the order of the remaining rounds, but I imagine there will be a rune hunt in rounds 2 and 4, so Cows or Travincal seems likely.

I'll just say it, but I don't take muling time into my runs. I stop run counter when muling stuff off. Hope that's ok with rules cause I found nothing mentioning it.

Run times were 27.234 sec with WW barb (550MF/610MF) p8 - leveling and 22.155 p8 with my LF zon (603MF)

Also, I agree with runehunt for next round. Started leveling my cow runner and barb got 94 couple hours ago. So yeah, I'm pretty much ready for next round.

@Baltha: Thx, have done as you suggetsed and am now running nicely.

So far, a Nat's Boots has been my only S/U. Stormlash next!

My run time is ~20secs.

I just found some treads now I have 30% rw.. took 4s off my runs

Nice to hear that! :)

Yeah I would also ask for somebody to please link me to a char to build to get ready for the next round? I think I have a total of 2.5 points so far =\

How about a fanazealot?

*hides*

Blizzard sorc is rather effective, non merc dependent build that anyone *should* have. It's only matter if you have access to 1.07 hax cow ring or not. Fire sorc can do it as well, but they do need better gear. But tbh, LF zons are so strong and so easy to make that it would be silly not to use them. Semi budget LF zon should dominate any other build in this contest.

Don't you mean Impaleazon?

Just found I have an unused respec, and now I have a blizzsorc. Yay for playing when tired and/or distracted!
No way it would work in any kind of halfway efficient way ;)

Qualifiers sent! I won't win this round I fear :p.

*sigh*

I guess that an average of 32 seconds per run will just have to do.

Well I tried to do some LK chests for flawless gems but it was simply taking too long. No way I could get 50 gems plus have time to do Pindle so I'm entering the non-prize division. Don't think I will hit 20 hours but I'm hoping for 10-15.

Just started my MFing on Pindle, in my first 60 runs I did get a Wraith Flight (4.6 points!!) and an upgrade for my MFing (The Oculus). Also noting that my lvl 85 Blizsorc is getting decent xp for this on /p1. Averaging 26.6 seconds per run atm but am getting quicker.

zemaj said:
now I have to go find that video...
Lol, that was exactly the video I was thinking about when making the post... :D

In case we're still on the subject of runtimes, I'll just say that I'm running a lvl 95 Blizzsorc @ p3, average maybe 17 seconds, not counting muling. No that the muling takes long, since you can go like 200 runs without needing to mule :p

I Suck a lot at this pindle runs, because my best chars all took the nilhatak waypoint...
The best I found was a lvl 86 frenzy barb, with average gears, and about 300% mf...
I think I make one complete run in about 30/40 s , and after (only) 1 hour, I found nothing.

A typical blizz sorc runs and what I've found in 4 days:
Code:
[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/screenshot080wj.jpg/"]Crown of Ages[/URL]
Corona
Defense: 360
Required Strength: 174
Required Level: 82
Indestructible
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xd7fd1267
+50% Enhanced Defense
+111 Defense
Damage Reduced by 11%
All Resistances +28
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
Indestructible
Socketed (1: 0 used)

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 55 to 656
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 104
Required Level: 75
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x9175ce16
+211% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 0 seconds
13% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 87 to 117
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xf9aa25bf
+150% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 18 Chain Lightning on attack

Cranebeak
War Spike
One-Hand Damage: 106 to 169
Durability: 23 of 26
Required Dexterity: 54
Required Strength: 133
Required Level: 63
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x423f760b
+254% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-305 lightning damage
33% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
Level 8 Raven (10/15 Charges)
I wish I had joined for the prize :) but I don't have much time.

Finally some good new from the pc front. They should come by wednesday to fix it. I just hope they come to the right adress at the right time because first they said i had an appointment for today. I was like :surprise:. Then when the QA continued they named some street i never heard from, which supposedly i mentioned they should come to fix the pc. Made it very clear when and where they should be and the guy even repeated it correctly. So if he wrote the info down like it should be, all will be well. Sadly i won't have the time to start wednesday, but thursday it's game on!

zemaj said:
as for rune hunt... what is a good build for cows besides zon? Everytime I try doing fast runs with a zon I end up spending almost as much time collecting a leg as frying bovines. Particularly, is there any barb efficient with cows? Tried with WW a few times, but didn't seem to work as nicely as I would like. Anyone with singer experience think that could work?

The above remark from zemaj triggered a question from me: is it allowed to collect and stash a whole lot of legs so that in the running time of 20hrs you only open tp's and kill cows. Or is getting the legs part of the 20 hrs?

And a question more geared towards the other runehunt: where's the best place to find a BA? My barb still needs one grief BA and i'm having trouble finding BA's.

fuzzy wuzzy, it's customary to not discuss the specifics of your findings as far as qualifiers go until after results are posted. Takes much of the suspense out of the competition, when you know what items your opponents have found/haven't found :)

Cyrax, collecting legs is part of the 20 hours. You can do it with another character if you like I guess, but don't pause the run counter for muling them, that sounds over-the-top cheesy imo.

Best place to find BA's is the trade forum. Barring that, A85 areas and killing plenty of non-boss monsters should do the trick with some patience. Cow level should also be good I think?
I think I have a 5os BA in my stash; if I'm not mistaken about that, you are welcome to have it. Post or send me your email address
Cyrax said:
Finally some good new from the pc front. They should come by wednesday to fix it. I just hope they come to the right adress at the right time because first they said i had an appointment for today. I was like :surprise:. Then when the QA continued they named some street i never heard from, which supposedly i mentioned they should come to fix the pc. Made it very clear when and where they should be and the guy even repeated it correctly. So if he wrote the info down like it should be, all will be well. Sadly i won't have the time to start wednesday, but thursday it's game on!

The above remark from zemaj triggered a question from me: is it allowed to collect and stash a whole lot of legs so that in the running time of 20hrs you only open tp's and kill cows. Or is getting the legs part of the 20 hrs?

And a question more geared towards the other runehunt: where's the best place to find a BA? My barb still needs one grief BA and i'm having trouble finding BA's.

i just got home after a small trip. i'll start wednesday i guess. i see lots of people started already so good luck everyone 👍

@NYSE: Thanks for the generous offer 👍, but i'm selffound so i won't take you up on it.
Also the reason the trade forums isn't on my list of best place to find item <insert needed item here>.

@Fabian: Hmm, cows might not be a bad idea. Gives me a chance to practice too. Which may be highly needed as i hardly go there. Only trouble will be that my javazon has a great Baalmap which i'd hate to loose. Maybe i should respec one of my other amazon's for the occassion (and respec it back right after).

Fabian said:
...it's customary to not discuss the specifics of your findings as far as qualifiers go until after results are posted. Takes much of the suspense out of the competition, when you know what items your opponents have found/haven't found...

The last time I participated in an MF SPF tournament, I used the "blog" feature to post progress. I'm doing the same for this tournament. That way I'm not putting my findings "in your face" here in the thread, and my worthy competitors (who want to chuckle smugly about the low scoring stuff that I ignorantly brag about) can click on the "Blog Entries" link over there to the left. ;)

Wow! I found a cham. I was so stunned I forgot to take a picture.

It's going in a hat.

With the run times people are posting does that include Save and Exit -> Loading new game. I find that from the moment I hit S&A to the moment I start running towards Pindle it takes 7-9 seconds. Of that less then a second is me, the rest is PC.

My PC isn't all that bad (WAY above requirements for D2). I just don't know how ppl get <18 seconds per run if each run loses 8 seconds to saving and loading.

zemaj said:
are you running windowed with no sound? If not, that will cut load time in half, roughly.

Thanks for the tip. It's dropped my average from 32.5 to 28.1 seconds. The no sound is hard to get use to though, and it's as dark as the inside of a boot too.

Thanks again. 👍

zemaj said:
@Cyrax: or if you have a LK sorc, weapon racks are great for bases... just getting a stable rack for the right base can be a pain.

Weapon racks and armor stands in LK can drop items with qlvl up to 79. There is no way to find BA from weapon rack in 1.10+. Highest lvl racks are those from Mausoleum and the three temples in act3(the alvl85 temples). They drop items with qlvl up to 84.

It should be possible to find BA from rack pre 1.10 though. At least the Hall of Vaught racks should drop last TC items. Not sure there - never played much the old versions. :whistling:

On topic - just finished my first 20 hours. Hope to make two more sessions by the end of the week.

zemaj said:
are you running windowed with no sound? If not, that will cut load time in half, roughly.

also, just focusing on Pindle & ignoring the minions as much as possible will shave a few seconds.

WOW thanks heaps for these tips with windowed mode and no sound!! I just tried 10 runs quickly (started at main screen, ended time at main screen) and despite a higher then usual occurrence of cold immunes I still knocked 5 seconds from my average run time which is around 18%.

EDIT: I may not win this round of the tournament but I am loving the items I am getting which aren't on the list. Found a few solid items which are big upgrades compared to anything else I had for same slot.

I'm having lots of fun. Just hit my 1200th run at 5:56 hours in. Wheeee.

Entwilighter said:

Me too. For such a repetitive task, it's kind of fun. I'd also forgotten how utterly addictive the "just-one-more-run" frame of mind can get.

Personally, I just can't get on with no sound and in windowed mode. I have to take the hit in run-time and drops, but for me it's worth it.

So far, I've probably only done about 50-100 runs. Hopefully the office will be quiet this afternoon...

Victus said:
Weapon racks and armor stands in LK can drop items with qlvl up to 79. There is no way to find BA from weapon rack in 1.10+. Highest lvl racks are those from Mausoleum and the three temples in act3(the alvl85 temples). They drop items with qlvl up to 84.

It should be possible to find BA from rack pre 1.10 though. At least the Hall of Vaught racks should drop last TC items. Not sure there - never played much the old versions. :whistling:

On topic - just finished my first 20 hours. Hope to make two more sessions by the end of the week.

I have been racking a bit in 1.07. Tried getting a BA rack for a few hours. Didn't get any, stable or otherwise. But judging by your comment i'm looking in the wrong place. I've been trying LK while i should've been going to the Hall of Vaught :doh:.

Cyrax said:
I have been racking a bit in 1.07. Tried getting a BA rack for a few hours. Didn't get any, stable or otherwise. But judging by your comment i'm looking in the wrong place. I've been trying LK while i should've been going to the Hall of Vaught :doh:.

@Cyrax: I have BA rack in 1.07 in LK, so don't give up yet. 👍

To not to be completely OT: Pindle refuses to drop me interesting stuff/qualifiers so far...:coffee:

/whining :whistling:

Entwilighter said:

omg

I'm at 685 at 5 hours

Guess those seconds add up eh.

Ok, I admit that i do not use a counter, is it ok? I just check the time when i start playing and check the time again when i am done. I don't plan to be the winner - even if i planned I couldn't anyways-, I even play other areas for relaxation during this time period:D.

It is ok :)

Can I just clarify that we're finishing on Sunday, or at 20hrs run-time, whichever comes first? I only ask because I seem to recall some discussion about the length of the Pindle section.

Also, I had a Mal drop today. I remember when a Mal would have had a place on an IFT... *says Grandad*

I can clarify that the round ends next Sunday at 11.59 pm local time, that is, in 11 days and a few hours. You have until that time to run 20 hours.

So we have one extra week. :) I can slow a bit now and run more in the weekends. :rolleyes:

Round 1: Friday September 30 - Sunday October 9 - Pindleskin

October 9th is in 4 days from now. Are we changing the schedule?

thurs-fri-sat-sun

The schedule was changed a week ago or something.

I never noticed that. I'm on schedule for a Sunday 9th finish, so I might as well just continue.

May I ask something about the qualifiers? Does finding an etheral item increase or decrease the point of the qualifier?

An item's etheralness (and indeed, its roll in general) has no bearing on the score. An etheral dweb = 27.9, just like a non-eth dweb, etc.

fuzzy wuzzy said:
May I ask something about the qualifiers? Does finding an etheral item increase or decrease the point of the qualifier?

Neither as far as I know.

Btw, I was thinking how I need a SoJ for my Javazon and few runs after I got this:
Code:
The Stone of Jordan 
Ring 
Required Level: 29 
Fingerprint: 0x7ef6582d 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage 
+20 to Mana 
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
First one since my restart in June. Eh, maybe I should think about making a Poisonmancer...

Finally I really have time to play again and so far it's been a blast. Threefold motivation of great drops, chasing points and trying to beat my average time makes a huge difference. I start to see the appeal of the insane number of runs people do in MFO's. There is something wrong with a game that makes you want to do something that repetitive for thousands of times.:p

Anyway, one question: I always thought Tiara's and Diadem's were both elite and in Flavie they both are. But according to the pointsheet Kira's Guardian is not a qualifier. Why is that?

I've never ever had one of these drop since I started playing D2. I firmly believe they're fictional, and there's a big conspiracy all based round making me believe they exist.

Now I've put this in text, we all know what the next ring that drops for me will be....

Manald Heal of course

And how are we doing. Are you starting to believe yet?

Circlets and Coronets are normal grade items. Tiara is exceptional. Diadem is elite. Rare Circlets and Corenets can be upgraded to rare Tiaras with cube recipe. Rare and Unique Tiaras can be upgraded to Diadems.

And not to be completely offtopic that beauty dropped from our beloved Pindleskin yesterday:

Code:
Amber Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x18acd31f
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Last question about qualifiers: Why some rarest ammys and rings aren't included in qualifiers? Like SoJ,BKWB,Metalgrid,Mara's can be included imho.

I'm changing "N" to "Y" in the table:
Code:
 [B]Eligible for prizes[/B]
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Fabian                  (Y)
EatSleepDiablo          (Y)
zemaj                   (Y)
wimZod                  (Y)
entwilighter            (N)
bassano                 (Y) 
TheMuttonExplosion      (Y)
jimsfriend              (Y)
LD50                    (Y)
TheNix                  (Y)
janooo                  (Y)
sparrow                 (Y)
Baltha                  (Y)
frozzzen                (N)
WoRG                    (Y)
Kaerion                 (N)
Swamigoon               (Y)
Rhone                   (Y)
iame                    (Y)
JoshK                   (Y)
Code:
 [B]Not eligible for prizes, playing for bragging rights![/B]

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

Also, Pindle just dropped a non-qualifier unique item that I want to publicly boast about:

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xea66ba24
147% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 11%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Not very good rolls, but still, it's another Gheeds!

Cyrax said:
And how are we doing. Are you starting to believe yet?

No.
*stamps foot, sulks*

Done with my first 20h. Should I send the result now even if I might go for another set? And do I send readouts? Or just a list of the items/scores?

-mfcompn00b

Send it all at once. Readouts are not necessary.

Changing my "N" to a "y" too. A bit over halfway done. :)

Code:
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

entwilighter            (y)
Kaerion                 (N)
Code:

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

Done with the first round's 20 hours and results sent.

Three Grailies in this round makes TheNix a happy chappy. Only 21 grailies to go!!!

too quite :) come on where is the trashtalk :p

finished 7 hours 13 to go :( i hope i can finish the 20.

btw, what is the next round? cows or travs??

I don't know if you knew but you have 1 more week to finish the 1st round.👍

I am currently running my 3rd session of Pindle round because I probably won't have time for 2nd round so I hope to grab a bunch of points now.:crazyeyes:

[qoute]btw, what is the next round? cows or travs??

I'd like to know that too.
[/QUOTE]

Let's say.. Cows!

Despite some trouble with D2, i've started running. As my normal way of playing doesn't work i'm now in windowed mode. Gives me some trouble as i'm not used to it, but so far i haven't died because of losing track of the mousepointer (though i did get close a few times).

So far i've done 2 hrs and got 5 qualifiers. At least i've got a top 5. Now i've got to improve it, as the score is bad. Very bad.
I wish my close calls would've been qualifiers because i would've had a neat score with those: 3 potential tal's plates, a yellow death's fathom, a rare templar's and i'm almost forgetting the almost unique thundermaul here.
On the upside 2 non-qualifiers improved my perfect ethereal grail score.

Also a good thing is i've got a lot of time to get some more time in today. Pindle here i come!

15+ rare diadems
10+ rare sacred armors
10+ rare coronas
10+ rare dimensional shards
10+ rare scourges
5+ rare bloodlord skulls
5+ rare caducei
7+ rare archon staffs
10+ rare unearthed wands and still counting :nod:

@zgpmf: that's some impressive numbers. I hope your actual score is a little lower then that ;).

EmperorMoo said:
No.
*stamps foot, sulks*

Maybe this will help. Fresh from Pindle:

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x4a80b809
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

My 12th but i'm still happy to find one of these.

Ok, 20 hours done and I can tell you I will not do another. Sending top 5 in a while...

In the lines of zgpmf's comment, it seems Pindle was dropping tc87's left and right, but noooo, don't worry about them being set or unique :p
Best runes: Um, 3 x Pul. woohooo!

And now, going to go wake up the LFzon from hibernation..

Done with my 20 hours as well. It was surprisingly very addictive, and fun. I'm looking forward to the next round!

Did some more running today. Seemed to be a total waste. Until the last half hour. Got three qualifiers that made my current top 5. Total is 10 qualifiers with 5 hours done. Still 15 hours to improve.

Also i´m curious at how many runs people have done (especially those who are done) and at what MF. To start it off: 869 runs so far at 888 MF (beats 666) if Gomule is correct as i haven't counted it myself.

LD50 said:
Best runes: Um, 3 x Pul. woohooo!

Couldn't you have saved this for the next round :p. My best so far is a fal so it could be worse. Though i still have time to improve that.

I did 49 hours of running so far.:crazyeyes: My average was 17 sec at the first 20ish hours, probably better now so I've roughly done 10k runs so far. First 20 hours I played with more damage and a bit less MF than now which is 762 on kill and 792 on hork ATM. TBH I expected better qualifiers than I have, my 2nd session is the best for now, still, I have 11 hours left of 3rd.

Interesting thing about runes, I got Ist, Gul, Ohm in 1st session and exactly the same in the 2nd session, nothing so far in 3rd.:)

-z

SoJ? LIES! 12th? DOUBLE LIES! ;P

I am hoping to get one by the end of all this MFing. I've no idea how many actual hours I've done, as I never expected to get close to 20 in a week. I'm guessing about 10-15 tops.

I've also had a Sur drop recently, I seem (with that and the Mal) to be doing better for HRs that S/Us.

I didn't count the runs (which is a weird thing for me) but runtime was pretty close to 17 seconds in average I guess. Let's say 18 to account for occasional visits to the stash. So that would make 4000 runs. MF was 603. Too bad the sorc never learned to hork.

I did about 2450 runs with 500% MF

i'm doing ~200 runs per hour with 720 mf on kill and 570 mf on hork with %53 hork. I believe i'm pretty fast but my computer is not. With better computer 16.5 sec is achivable i guess.

Code:
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Kaerion                 (Y)
Code:

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

Changed my N to Y. no motivation for d2, and the pindle running has outright killed it. 3 hours and I doubt I will do anymore. Still sent the pgems, maybe someone else will make better use of it!
Good luck everyone!

I just completed about 1500 runs in 20 hours. I think the unique item that excited me most was a grailer for me, and it's not even a qualifier. Indeed, it's not even elite:
Code:
Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 17 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x61c0ed87
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +32
Magic Damage Reduced by 12
Yes! All that time I wasted running NM and Hell Mephisto, and I finally get this from Hell Pindleskin! :jig: Bite me, Mephy! :rant:

Anyway, I have e-mailed my top 5 to you, Fabian. If you want spoilers, I also posted my results in my diablo.incgamers blog. Linky:

I don't know if this occurred to anyone else, but while running i was thinking about the big amount of nutbags here that are doing insane amounts of pindleruns (yes, this includes myself). As the individual amounts are impressive at itself i got curious to what would be the total amount done during this round.

So i made a reasonably carefull assumption (i think) of 3.5K runs done by each competitor. I know not everybody gets this far but as i see some people getting to 10k it should be possible as an average. If this number would be correct we'd be ending up at 119.000 runs! :crazyeyes: If anybody was still doubting our sanity this would surely prove them we lost that a long time ago.

Wow that is insane.

I only did 1.5K runs, so I'm feeling amazingly sane, Cyrax. :)

Just the sort of comment I'd expect from a lunatic. ;P

I wonder how many Isenhart's Cases dropped in this time..

I found six of them.

When tuning my Fishyzon for the next round, a bloody cow dropped me a Jah. Nice, but it could have waited until the round had actually started!

1.5K may not be much if you compare it to the other not so sane people here, but i dare you to tell this to some non-D2 friend. I wonder how they'd react when you say you've run a monster one thousand five hundred times. And why? Just for the heck of it. Now tell me, is that insane or what?

@EmperorMoo: Hmm, i haven't been paying too much attention to those, but i think i've yet to see my first one (ok, saying this may not be smart as it'll probably mean i'll see 1 every other run tonight).

How many games other than D2 are there for which you can say you did the same thing for 1-10k times and still not getting bored of it? None if you ask me.:)
I agree that "non-D2 friend" would question d2 player's sanity, but they don't know what they are missing.:p

@Cyrax
I also think 119.000+ is a good approximation but when this round ends it'll be nice to see how many DWs, Mangs and Astreons were dropped by overbeaten Pindle.:scratchchin:

2000+ runs here. 15h total. I took this mostly as excuse to level some of my characters, and even with high MF, my run times weren't short enough to make it count. Nothing really crazy in terms of drops, one nice item, good runes and some solid charms. Overall much better drops per time invested unit comparing to last MFO at least.

I really hope I will get time to finish those 5h until deadline since my score could be improved pretty easy. Also I'll send gems before this round ends. Sorry >_<

That was another thing i was pondering about. However i didn't feel like making an estimate on the amount of MF and looking up the odds in ATMA to see how many of these we should have. Maybe somebody else is willing to do the math?

Edit: Did some more running. Score improved a bit. Still far from what it should be judging by last years MF league pindle round. Btw i'm just noticing the huge gap in score between the top 3 items and the rest. Is the chance to get any of those really that much smaller? Seems like i'll have to find me one or two of those if i want to stand any chance of winning this.

I agree. After posting my results, my score improved but I don't think they'll give me a upper hand though they are all TC87 items. A guy who finds one of the first 3 quailifiers and let's say, other 4 items are around TC78-TC81 weapons(except stormlash and class-specific uniques)can get more points than a person who finds 5 TC87 uniques except the rarest three,Darkforce Spawn and Death's Fathom . The points for qualifiers are OK, but I think that the last 3's points may be reduced a bit.

Same here, it just turned off without any warning, and also when I hit the pause overall time still goes on...

Also, I've finally done my 3rd session, it was very dissaponting, I found some nice non-qualifiers but that's mostly it. Now I'm getting ready for next round, I won't have much time for it but hopefully I'll be more lucky.👍

It was randomly crashing in my first round. The cause was VLC media player (I listen online radios while running). Maybe some media player causes your problems too.

Yeah, probably is something like that, I have winamp opened all the time...

Anyway, Cows are already showing some generosity to me. :)

This round ends on Sunday?

Hey there,

I only played about 5h :banghead: at 45seconds / run (my barb suck a lot at this game even if I never died) :banghead: :banghead: and found only crappy items, really, nothing worth, just a few items at the bottom of the grail list :hang:

The only good thing about these 5 hours is I gained about 1,5 lvl

Is it possible to make longer rounds, on 3 or 4 weeks ?

I've been looking into the rarity of some items a bit further and it seems like the high scores for the top 3 are justified. They are just way rarer.
However i've also been looking up some past MFO results to see how my current score would compare (which is not looking good for me) and i did find something that made me raise my eyebrows.
In this summer's MFO one of the people in the Pindle category found a templar's and as i recalled from glancing over our current scoresheet i noticed that i found it ranked pretty low. After seeing what it was worth in the summer MFO i looked into it a bit further as the difference is huge. In the MFO it was 10.7 points and now it is 6. That's over 40% less!
Looking at the droprates in ATMA i'd say the 10.7 seemed correct as it has the same droprate as let's say a crown of ages or a griffon's which also are worth 10.7 points.

So now i'm wondering if this is a mistake, or if there's some deeper reason for lowering the score on a templars by that much. Hopefully someone more knowledgable here can enlighten me.

Hey Cyrax, there is a deeper reason. I didn't pay enough attention while reading last time to understand it completely myself, so I can't really summarize it for you.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795924&highlight=score+tyrael's

Thanks, that kinda explains it. Still it feels weird that it's worth less than a nosferatu's or a souldrainer which are only tc 69's and not even class specific or something like that to make it more special.

It's kinda funny that you bring it up, because I was 98% sure Templar's was still at its "old" (=10.7) scoring according to the page I linked, but I guess I've been looking at some other files.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the score of Templar's is messed up in jjscud's files, no? Greebo, jjscud, anyone? It should be 6 in the A85 areas where Tyrael's actually can drop, but 10.7 at Pindle where Tyrael's can't drop, right? I haven't noticed this inconsistency until now tbh, but for right now I'd prepare for Templar's being worth 10.7 :)

I just sent in my qualifiers. I think 4 of my top 5 were found in the first 10 hours; the rest of the time was some of the most frustratingly fruitless Pindling I've ever done.

On the bright side, the more thousands of Pindle runs I do without finding a second Griffon's Eye, the more lucky I feel for having found one within my first 600 or so runs back when in my early MFing.

If there is no chance of Tyrael's dropping, Templar's must be 10.7

Since i supported Templar's i hope it drops before 20 hours end :p

Decent increase in score at my place :)

Also Ohm.

Seems like my zon won't get lvl 94 within tournament time. Too bad. So it mean I'll have to run pindle about 1.5h with item dropped then not being qualifiers. Just my luck, I'll get something like Spirit Keeper or such crap in that time that won't be even worth a point or even space on my HDD :/

How in the world you guys manage to squeeze so many runes from Pindle will forever be a mystery to me. 20 hours and ~4300 runs and my highest rune was a Fal.

Not that it matters anymore. Have just beaten normal Blood Raven in an epic battle over 5 minutes. Poison Javelin FTW!:cloud9:

Up until now my highest was um and not counting that it would've been fal. Just minutes ago jah dropped. Great find, but why couldn't it wait till next round. I bet next round i'll find 2 out of the top 3 items for this round.

Vex.

And finished.

And another increase. I think I'll be placed fairly high on table after all :p

Sending pgems and results in min.

TheMuttonExplosion said:
How in the world you guys manage to squeeze so many runes from Pindle will forever be a mystery to me. 20 hours and ~4300 runs and my highest rune was a Fal.

Not that it matters anymore. Have just beaten normal Blood Raven in an epic battle over 5 minutes. Poison Javelin FTW!:cloud9:

In most of the Pindlethon's I've been a part of, I rarely find runes. This time though, I've found a cham, vex, um so far so it's an anomaly.

I'll run a bit more tonight but not much and I'll probably need something spectacular to do well. Of course, I'm just running for grailers and have so far come up empty. (Of course, most of the grailers I need score big)

Jesus, this is getting ridiculous :S

Code:
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/screenshot265i.jpg/"]Zod Rune[/url]

Helms: Indestructible

It's not officially part of tourney but I wanted to get my zon to 94 and just pixels away from it, Pindle delivers again. Zod #4, all from Pindle.

So total rune count is Zod Sur Ohm Vex Zod.

frozzzen is cheating obviously. has a hax diablo so we need to disqualify frozzzen :p

seriously, congrats. my highest rune find is lum. 3 hours left so maybe i can catch :D lol

You should start rolling BotDs. My best rune was Ko on runs, though I'm happy for what I've found as uniques.

You should totally sell copies of your haxorific game cd on ebay frozzzen.:p

Nah, congrats!

So cows is next right? All my higher level HC characters are melee and I don't think it's a good idea to tank those bovines. So, what halfway decent build could I get going in the next 2 weeks that works untwinked, is somewhat safe and fast? Lightning Fury good without any items? Or rather Blizz Sorc with Teleport? I have always despised those cows so I'm a bit unfamiliar there. Suggestions appreciated!👍
A fishymancer or meteorb sorc may be good options for untwinked playing. I'm not sure whether a furyzon can deal with bovines without good items.

For myself, I'll be using my venomancer for cows, so I'm making my WW barb for travincal.

OK, I'm done with Pindle. I don't like running him because it always seems like he's gonna drop a golden sacred armor (He still hasn't but that's beside the point).

Anyway, top 5 send; meh.

You say that WhereIsMyZod, and you haven't seen his top5 yet..

20h done results sent. This round was a waste of time for me. :) Hope next round it will get better.

I have a bit more than 5 hours left, but no way I can run that much so just sent my score. Pretty disappointed with it to be honest, I expected more.
Did 1800+ runs with a barb (547MF, 707 on tele/hork switch).
Found a grailer and Ohm, Mal though which is always cool.

I resent my qualifiers, I d?dn't know that the deadline was a bit later :D. Some good S/U, no HRs.

I think that my pindle is a troll, not undead.
Code:
,El Rune

Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating, +1 to Light Radius
Helms: +15 Defense, +1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense, +1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense, +1 to Light Radius

Required Level: 11
And once, he dropped a chipped topaz.

Results sent.

I only managed just a bit more than janooo (~fifteen and a half hours). Three thousand two hundred and seventy six runs at six hundred and fifty MF with a Blizzard Sorceress. My score isn't great, but I beat my last twnty-hour MF tournament score, so I'm happy with that :D. I found four grailers as well which was very nice. Not much rune luck though (Mal and two Um).

I struggle to fathom (pun intended) how people can find the time to do multiple sessions. I'm left to assume many of you are unemployed and have little to no social lives. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's results!

Finished the last part of the 20 hrs and send in the results.

The first half went pretty decent. Around the halfway point i hit a complete dryspell. Almost 2 hrs without even a single qualifier. Imagine that with 888 MF! After that it didn't get much better. The second half was pretty much a waste, with the exception of a jah dropping. In the last hour i thought i'd improve my score as i found 2 of the same item within minutes. But after checking they scored way lower then i expected.
All in all this left me with exactly 60 qualifiers. Normally i'd say there's strenght in numbers, but in this case i'd rather choose quality over quantity.

Another benefit is the improvement of my perfect grail. Found a couple of items that helped and i know there's at least a couple more between the qualifiers.

As for the next round i think i'll go LF like just about everybody else, but i'm also wondering how well a cold zon with Ice bow and some good piercing would do. Does anybody have some experience with that?

Entwilighter said:
I struggle to fathom (pun intended) how people can find the time to do multiple sessions. I'm left to assume many of you are unemployed and have little to no social lives. :)

I do have a job, but i'm intrigued by that other thing. What do you call it..social lives? What's that. Can you eat it?

TheMuttonExplosion said:
You should totally sell copies of your haxorific game cd on ebay frozzzen.:p

Nah, congrats!

So cows is next right? All my higher level HC characters are melee and I don't think it's a good idea to tank those bovines. So, what halfway decent build could I get going in the next 2 weeks that works untwinked, is somewhat safe and fast? Lightning Fury good without any items? Or rather Blizz Sorc with Teleport? I have always despised those cows so I'm a bit unfamiliar there. Suggestions appreciated!👍

This is my situation too: I recently made the swap to SC after years of HC (I lost a HoZ and some really nice items to a stairtrap) and now I'm bereft of items and chars.

I had a couple of nice items drop during the Pindle stage of these tournaments, and after a bit of contemplation I'm racing a Fishyzon through as fast as I can ready for the cows or Travi or whatever the next stage is. It's amazing how fast you can get through the game in SC and twinked, I only started on Monday and I'm already near the end of A2 NM.

As you're in HC - as well you know -safety is key, so possibly a make a Fishyzon?

Thanks for the suggestions fuzzy and Moo. Meteor works against cows, but if I use a Sorc I think Blizzard is superior due to -res from CM. Fishyzon is great for leveling, but is FA needed for cows? There aren't many immunities, no? Not that LF get's much better with synergies, so I might have points to spare. Mmh, so what about teleport? Does it make for significantly faster cow runs?

You are new to HC. That means you can teleport in cow pack and end your tourney there :D Pure LF zon is your best bet. Non teleporting one. I don't know how much wealth will you have and will you trade or not, but you can make solid cow runner out of junk :)

You want 55 IAS, ~100 FRW and all else into dmg (-elr/+lsd are just great)

Valk Wing helm - mpk frw skills (socket with 15IAS jool)
Cat's eye ammy - frw IAS
Titans
4os light (shopped with life or FHR even better) armor filled with junk facets if you trade. Even 12/12 armor will be better then almost anything.
Also faceted shield, you can shop one with deflecting suffix for HC if you want. Or simple Spirit Monarch.
2-3java/20 IAS shopped gloves
One RF
one whatever ring you want.
Razortail - 100% pierce. No competition.
Silkvweaves for 30 FRW 5mpk

Switch either CtA/Spirit or Harmony bow for great speed.
No merc - he only gets in way. One point decoy for protection agains fast cows and one point in dodge. With maxblock and dodge you will be pretty hard to hit. Between decoy and solid FRW you won't get hit much.

You can also use any Ormus robes with 15% LDS as armor. It won't have -enemy LR, but it still gives you good dmg, and it's light armor type.

If you can get hands on skill charms and facets then cows should be easy on p7. If not, well a bit harder, but LF zon is still your best bet.

This is pretty much exactly the build I'm going for in the cows stage. Just got to get her top the end of Hell by the start of November.

Is it worth making a Spirit Monarch, though? The almighty fisheh recommends either Stormshield or Whitstan's Guard in his WSK guide.

Awesome frozzzen, thanks! I have a whole bunch of HC characters, so I'm not really new to HC, but I keep seperate stashes for each one and my only Zon is level 29 with Gorefoot as the single unique to her name.:crazyeyes:

I guess I have some MF to do after leveling her, huh? Well, seems like I have my work cut out for me for the next 2-3 weeks.

I'd rather use shopped 3os Tower shield of Deflecting with 3 Tir runes for 6 mpk (or better with 3 x 3mpk jewels for 9mpk) then other two blocking shields :)

Spirit is good. Faster decoy spawning isn't anything to laugh at when you are chased by extra fast, holy freeze, lightning enchanted cow :p 2 skills is good on offense, you will need all mana you can spare and 55 fhr is just hax.

I'm talking about cow running here, not about questing. Also I'm nub for HC.

It seems this is the place to discuss for gear :p is 7 mpk enough for p7 cow runs. I have infinity so it should be enough but i dont want to spend my jewel and found out it is not :)

You should have a nice ring somewhere deep in your stashes to take care of your mana problems. :whistling:

well that is what i'm using right now :D but if it could work with 7mpk i prefer to use SoJ. SoJ'ed setup will also make me pass the IAS breakpoint otherwise i kind of stuck with that awesome ring :D

I'd say there's always those nice blue potions which will most likely drop more then you'll ever need.

And as far as the stormshield vs spirit debate goes i would favor spirit as resists aren't needed that much in cows. For regular play i'd go with SS. Note however that my zon is SC so death is not as bad as it is in HC.

@Zemaj: IIRC the amount of Tstrokes is rediculously small. So you better carry an extra pack or change that to titans. Otherwise you'll be repairing every other second.
I can see how the FRW on cat's eye would help herding and running around. Another option may be mara's (which my zon is wearing) or any other + skills amu for more damage.
T-gods could be switched for the razortail depending on your pierce% (maybe it's high enough as it is, i'd have to check that).
Also my zon is currently wearing wartrav's but since this will be a runesearch i'll most likely ditch those in favor of silkweave for the MPK.

As far as skills goes it looks good. Only possible problem may be LI's as both your regular and your backup attack are lightning based. But imho you could choose to just park those and focus on your strenght, which is destroying anything not LI.

So all in all i'd say it looks pretty good.

If you have enigma it would be shame not to use it. Also Infinity. If you don't have infinity, then merc will be only bother.

My runner:

Griffons +15/-15 with 15mana/15IAS jool 😉 (best)
Cat's eye (FRW + IAS)
Titan's (test runs show that I use whole titans in one run - don't try Tstroke)
Enigma (teleporting zon + frw + skills)
Faceted shield for dmg
3/20 gloves
Ravenfrost (CBF)
10fcr/36 mpk ring
Razortail (I won't explain why to use it, but not using it = suicide :))
War Travelers (MF bonus)

Java charms, Gheeds, cube and mana/FRW small charms.

CtA/Spirit Switch.
Prayer merc with BerBer CoA, CoH and Infinity.

Idea of build is to have solid teleporting zon with 63 fcr switch (25 Griff 10 ring 35 Spirit), 55 IAS for LF (jewel, gloves and amulet), 100% pierce, good FRW (total 161) and dmg with facets and all in offensive mods. All points in LF synergies except one in pierce and one in decoy. You have tanking merc with relatively low dmg so he can't hurt king.

Have to roll good map for easy leg hunting - cow level shouldn't matter that much. Again, I can optimize as much as I want, but only luck will matter in the end :)

Originally posted by: @Fabian

Round 1 - Pindleskin Results

frozzzen 5p
TheNix 4p
iame 3p
TheMuttonExplosion 2p
LD50 1p

frozzzen 103.4
Astreon's Iron Ward
Mang Song's Lesson
Mang Song's Lesson
Steelrend
Windforce

TheNix 83.5
Astreon's Iron Ward
Mang Song's Lesson
Griswold's Redemption
Ghostflame
Wolfhowl

iame 81.5
Astreon's Iron Ward
Death's Fathom
Ravenlore
Shaefer's Hammer
Griffon's Eye

TheMuttonExplosion 67.8
Darkforce Spawn
Dragonscale
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Redemption

LD50 66.0
Death's Web
Boneflame
The Grandfather
The Cranium Basher
Alma Negra

zgpmf 63.9
Darkforce Spawn
Schaefer's Hammer
Griswold's Redemption
Cerebus' Bite
Steelrend

acake 62.1
Death's Fathom
Dragonscale
Griffon's Eye
Griffon's Eye
The Grandfather

Baltha 56.4
Ravenlore
Spirit Keeper
Boneflame
Steel Pillar
Demonhorn's Edge

WhereIsMyZod 54.8
Ravenlore
Shadow Dancer
Halaberd's Reign
Griswold's Honor
Stormspire

Swamigoon 53.6
Spirit Keeper
Boneflame
Boneflame
Executioner's Justice
Windforce

entwilighter 52.1
Darkforce Spawn
Steel Pillar
Alma Negra
Arkaine's Valor
Nosferatu's Coil

Cyrax 49.0
Griffon's Eye
Templar's Might
Templar's Might
Alma Negra
Arkaine's Valor

Fabian 48.2
Cerebus' Bite
Templar's Might
Death Cleaver
Gargoyle's Bite
Demonhorn's Edge

Rhone 47.3
Griswold's Redemption
The Cranium Basher
The Grandfather
Ghostflame
Spirit Ward

fuzzy wuzzy 46.3
Crown of Ages
Shadowdancer
Windforce
Ondal's Wisdom
Arkaine's Valor

Victus 42.7
Stormlash
Crown of Ages
Warshrike
Stormshield
Natalya's Mark

zemaj 41.3
Shadow Dancer
Alma Negra
Ondal's Wisdom
Ondal's Wisdom
Dracul's Grasp

janooo 41.1
Templar's Might 10.7
Ghostflame 9.3
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Spike Thorn 6.6

JoshK 40.2
Griffon's Eye
The Cranium Basher
The Grandfather
Dracul's Grasp
Stormshield

Ohomemgrande 34.6
Crown of Ages
Ondal's Wisdom
Leviathan
Firelizard's Talon
Firelizard's Talon

EatSleepDiablo 28.2
Gargoyle's Bite
Steel Shade
M'avina's True Sight
Harlequin Crest
Ormus' Robes

EmperorMoo 23.9
Spike Thorn
Dracul's Grasp
Thunderstroke
Immortal King's Soul Cage
Shadow Killer

WoRG 11.4
Taebaek's Glory
Barnar's Star
Ondal's Almighty
Dangoon's Teaching
Dangoon's Teaching

Chaostar 1.7
Natalya's Shadow

Nice work frozzzen, an easy victory for you :) 140 pgems will be coming your way! Thanks for participating everyone, and good luck in the next round, Cows starting November 4 and ending November 20

Grats to frozzzen, you clearly deserved the Zods and all. :p

As for my round I ran 117fcr lite-sorc with 580ish MF and 17.7sec avg for 4015 runs.
I got off to a good start having a decent top5 after 2 hours but after that it was quiet for a loooong time. Until again at 18h mark I scored 3 of the top 5(astreon's, DF and Schaefer's) in a span of one hour. Total of 70ish qualifiers and 15 grailers(to make it -42) Non-qualifiers were poor(Gul and some lower grailers). Time to sharpen the javelins!

TOP5:
Code:
Astreon's Iron Ward 
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 134 - 156 
Durability: 53 of 70 
Required Level: 60 
Required Strength: 97 
Required Dexterity: 70 
Fingerprint: 0xe9a17b94 
Unidentified 
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
+10% Increased Attack Speed 
264% Enhanced Damage 
Damage +85 
163% Bonus to Attack Rating 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 80 - 240 Magic Damage 
33% Chance of Crushing Blow 
Slows Target by 25% 
Damage Reduced by 7

Death's Fathom 
Dimensional Shard 
One Hand Damage: 45 - 79 
Durability: 26 of 26 
Fingerprint: 0x75beabe2 
Unidentified 
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+21% to Cold Skill Damage 
Lightning Resist +36% 
Fire Resist +33% 
Ethereal

Ravenlore 
Sky Spirit 
Defense: 374 
Required Level: 74 
Required Strength: 113 
Fingerprint: 0x551bbf00 
Unidentified 
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only) 
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+7 to Raven (Druid Only) 
+140% Enhanced Defense 
+26 to Energy 
All Resistances +24

Schaefer's Hammer 
Legendary Mallet 
One Hand Damage: 107 - 281 
Durability: 59 of 65 
Fingerprint: 0x48db39ed 
Unidentified 
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking 
Indestructible 
115% Enhanced Damage 
+150 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) 
+600 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level) 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage 
+50 to Life 
Lightning Resist +75% 
+1 to Light Radius

Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 185 
Durability: 13 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x985edab1 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-17% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+133 Defense

-iame

Holy crap, congrats frozzzen! There I was praying (unsuccessfully) to get one of the 27+ point qualifiers, and you get 3.

Fabian: So the time frame for all of the rounds is extended? That's a huge help for me--I work 33 hours over weekends so the extra week of week days is very nice.

Wow this is insane. Congrats frozzzen! 👍
And I thought I was one Gris Caddy -> Astreon's away from a winning score. Good to know it wouldn't have made a difference.😉

I did 4307 runs; 16.5 seconds on average with ~750MF on hork and kill with my Berserker. I've found 134 qualifiers, 74 distinct items.

Here are my Top 5:
Code:
Darkforce Spawn
Bloodlord Skull
Defense: 373
Chance to Block: 0
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x41058ae2
Unidentified
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+151% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 10%

Dragonscale
Zakarum Shield
Defense: 867
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 132
Fingerprint: 0xe7f4b779
Unidentified
Adds 211 - 371 Fire Damage
+15% to Fire Skill Damage
+10 to Hydra
+198% Enhanced Defense
+22 to Strength
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Absorb 13%
Ethereal

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 116 - 135
Durability: 54 of 70
Required Strength: 78
Required Dexterity: 56
Fingerprint: 0xcf07bdcc
Unidentified
+40% Increased Attack Speed
216% Enhanced Damage
+350% Damage to Undead
Requirements -20%
Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage
Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage
4 Sockets (0 used)

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 113 - 132
Durability: 47 of 70
Fingerprint: 0xc78ab67b
Unidentified
208% Enhanced Damage
+350% Damage to Undead
Requirements -20%
3 Sockets (0 used)

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 125 - 146
Durability: 50 of 70
Fingerprint: 0x2e0e1625
Unidentified
240% Enhanced Damage
+350% Damage to Undead
Requirements -20%
4 Sockets (0 used)

My most WTF drop was this:

These were number 2 and 3. Just an hour later I found number 4. Which makes Gris Caddy my second most dropped qualifier right behind 9 IK Stone Crusher's.:p

Code:
[highlight]Mang Song's Lesson[/highlight]
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 124 to 148
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 24
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x18daffa4
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
[highlight]-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance[/highlight]
-7% to Enemy Cold Resistance
[highlight]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)[/highlight]

had to ID this to check how it looks on my sorc. Will get themed build probably. It seems rather good weapon for 117 fcr lite sorc. I'm very happy about it :) Rest aren't anything special, caddy was low roll and second Mang wasn't anything special except for being high scorer.
As for me - I used this tourney for leveling purposes so I didn't expect to win, not until I got Astreon - I could swar it dropped from minion as pindle seemed still alive. First Mang was eth one and it was already over the top of my expectations. And runes were also over the top.

Got my barb to 94 and my two amazons. Barb had over half experience and zons were almost empty. P8 all the way ~28 sec run with barb and ~21 with zons.

I'm happy as I could be with what I got. Probably I could also win next round of runehunt with runes that dropped :badteeth:
(Zod Sur Ohm Vex Zod)

Cya next time, I hope force will be with me in next round as well :)

That Caduceus drop is amazing Mutton, I've been secretly dreaming of having something like that happen (or dweb+astreon's or something). Very very nice indeed :)

iame, yeah round times are extended. Seemed like most people preferred it that way, don't think I heard any complaints about it.

As for me, I did 7 hours 40 minutes... in 16 days.. yeah =/ Very efficient character at least, run time was 16.286s with 55% hork and 760/610 MF. Didn't really have anything drop though.

Well done, frozzen!

@Fabian: Did I get DQ'ed? I e-mailed you, but I didn't see mine among the results.

These were my top five:

Code:
Spirit Keeper
Earth Spirit
Defense: 436
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xbb6a3cf0
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+185% Enhanced Defense
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist +40%
+10 Lightning Absorb
Cold Absorb 24%

Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 338
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xd035ced3
15% Chance to cast level 3 Terror when struck
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+130% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +21

Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 335
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x11ccd53
15% Chance to cast level 3 Terror when struck
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+128% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +25

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 472
Durability: 41 of 55
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
Fingerprint: 0x4759740a
250% Enhanced Damage
+234 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
8% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 30%

Executioner's Justice
Glorious Axe
Two Hand Damage: 232 - 481
Durability: 30 of 50
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 164
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0x1ad22187
50% Chance to cast level 6 Decrepify when you Kill an Enemy
+30% Increased Attack Speed
288% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Holy cow! Now that's winning in style 👍. Congratz Frozzzen. I'd hate to be TheNix atm. Having found 2 out of the rarest 3 items and still having no chance whatsoever at winning.

As for my own running: Ran my blizzy with 888 MF. 0% hork 😉. Did 3736 runs which is somewhere between 19 and 20 secs i think. Exactly 60 qualifiers were found. Got loads of good rares but apparently still not carrying enough MF. Biggest pet peeve is the 15+ rare winged harpoons dropping while i still need that unique one. I swear this game is giving me nightmares.

The top 5:

Code:
Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 188
Durability: 18 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xe211d0b2
+135 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage
-16% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Templar's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 2784
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 222
Fingerprint: 0xdc22c9c0
+15 to Strength
+11 to Vitality
+42 to Maximum Stamina
+209% Enhanced Defense
+291 Defense vs. Missile
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
[B]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)[/B]

Templar's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1652
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Fingerprint: 0xc1088de9
+14 to Strength
+12 to Vitality
+41 to Maximum Stamina
+175% Enhanced Defense
+284 Defense vs. Missile
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Alma Negra
Sacred Rondache
Defense: 488
Chance to Block:  68%
Smite Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 53 of 68
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 109
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x7c3260c1
+196% Enhanced Defense
+61% Enhanced Damage
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Magic Damage Reduced by 6
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate
70% Bonus to Attack Rating

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1315
Durability: 16 of 30
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xca267e34
+154% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)

I've also found some nice items that i don't have any use for so i've offered to add them to a prizepool. Fabian made the, most likely correct, assumption that most top finishers won't be needing those as they are wealthy enough themselves. So i thought i'd put them up for grabs here, in case anyone is interested. When there's no interest they'll be deleted.
I don't have a tradeprofile atm (maybe there's still an old one floating around somewhere from taking part in previous giveaways), which i probably should have to be able to give them away, but if there's interest that can be arranged. FYI i'm completely selffound, the items are all SC 1.13c FAM and i have hotmuled gheeds (that's all the info needed right?).

The items up for grabs:

Code:
Aldur's Deception
Shadow Plate
Defense: 856
Durability: 67 of 70
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x44885a07
+20 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+300 Defense
Lightning Resist +41%
Requirements -50%
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality

Aldur's Deception
Shadow Plate
Defense: 756
Durability: 44 of 70
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x6255597c
+20 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+300 Defense
Lightning Resist +40%
Requirements -50%
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1315
Durability: 16 of 30
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xca267e34
+154% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 288
Durability: 27 of 50
Fingerprint: 0xcb17ab56
+74% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
+0 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Socketed (2: 0 used)

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 273
Durability: 36 of 50
Fingerprint: 0x45de606f
+65% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
26% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
+0 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Socketed (2: 0 used)

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1301
Durability: 30 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x318702b8
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Enchant when struck

25% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40%
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
+50% Enhanced Defense

M'avina's Embrace
Kraken Shell
Defense: 827
Durability: 26 of 48
Required Strength: 122
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x529c3750
+350 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
Requirements -30%
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Glacial Spike when struck
+4 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

30% Faster Hit Recovery

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 205
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Level: 64
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa2017529
+25 to Mana
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
30% Increased Attack Speed

+1 to All Skill Levels
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
All Resistances +25

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 841
Durability: 47 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x23d9799
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate

frozzzen, in turkey we have an expression something like, "who wins in gamble, loses in love." With that luck my friend, you will be forever alone. :D

congrats to the all point getters especially to frozzzen :)

Congratulations to frozzzen! Very nice finds!

I am pleased with my own findings, a good start for my grail at least, and 2 griffons is always nice. I did 3366 runs with a 568MF blizz sorc. I could probably have been more efficient, but if I hadn't spent the time watching movies or shows I would have gone mad :p

My top five:
Code:
Death's Fathom 
Dimensional Shard 
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53 
Durability: 34 of 50 
Fingerprint: 0x8b908727 
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+21% to Cold Skill Damage 
Lightning Resist +39% 
Fire Resist +40% 

Dragonscale 
Zakarum Shield 
Defense: 543 
Durability: 54 of 65 
Required Level: 80 
Required Strength: 142 
Fingerprint: 0xa35c2fac 
Unidentified 
Adds 211 - 371 Fire Damage 
+15% to Fire Skill Damage 
+10 to Hydra 
+180% Enhanced Defense 
+25 to Strength 
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist 
Fire Absorb 16% 

Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 169 
Fingerprint: 0xbf7afe18 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-18% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+111 Defense 

Griffon's Eye 
Diadem 
Defense: 231 
Durability: 15 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x1b604521 
+1 to All Skills 
+25% Faster Cast Rate 
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+175 Defense 

The Grandfather 
Colossus Blade 
One Hand Damage: 64 - 353 
Two Hand Damage: 148 - 481 
Durability: 28 of 50 
Required Level: 81 
Required Dexterity: 110 
Fingerprint: 0x42a47868 
Indestructible 
156% Enhanced Damage 
+187 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) 
50% Bonus to Attack Rating 
All Stats +20 
+80 to Life

Other notables:
Code:
Jah Rune 
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5% Shields: +50 to Life 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x3073f421 
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die 
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xf5eed0a6 
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up 
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x934944a3 
100% Chance to cast level 31 Meteor when you Die 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+4% to Fire Skill Damage 

Ruby Small Charm of Balance 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 32 
Fingerprint: 0x5437df8 
+5% Faster Hit Recovery 
Fire Resist +11%

I am looking forward to the cow hunt, that's one of my favorite places, just gotta freshen up my old zon a bit.

WhereIsMyZod, we have the same expression here in Portugal.

So, this is your new avatar frozzzen:

forever-alone_110532_m.jpg

Weird stuff Swamigoon, I edited you in.

Bridesmaid again. Well done, frozzen!

Here are my top five:

Code:
Astreon's Iron Ward 
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 127 - 148 
Durability: 60 of 70 
Required Level: 60 
Required Strength: 97 
Required Dexterity: 70 
Fingerprint: 0x53ed348d 
Unidentified 
+4 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
+10% Increased Attack Speed 
245% Enhanced Damage 
Damage +77 
189% Bonus to Attack Rating 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 80 - 240 Magic Damage 
33% Chance of Crushing Blow 
Slows Target by 25% 
Damage Reduced by 6 

Mang Song's Lesson 
Archon Staff 
Two Hand Damage: 83 - 99 
Durability: 14 of 26 
Required Strength: 34 
Fingerprint: 0x58e60171 
Unidentified 
+5 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Cast Rate 
-11% to Enemy Cold Resistance 
-13% to Enemy Lightning Resistance 
-13% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
Regenerate Mana 10% 

Griswold's Redemption 
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 112 - 131 
Durability: 40 of 70 
Fingerprint: 0x14573d4 
Unidentified 
205% Enhanced Damage 
+350% Damage to Undead 
Requirements -20% Set (2 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) Set (3 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage Set (4 items): Adds 10 - 20 Damage 4 Sockets (0 used) 

Ghostflame 
Legend Spike 
One Hand Damage: 144 - 219 
Durability: 26 of 47 
Required Level: 62 
Required Strength: 55 
Required Dexterity: 57 
Fingerprint: 0x485a74ee 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
214% Enhanced Damage 
Ignore Target's Defense 
Adds 108 - 108 Magic Damage 
14% Mana stolen per hit 
+2 to Light Radius Ethereal 

Wolfhowl 
Fury Visor 
Defense: 333 
Durability: 17 of 35 
Required Strength: 129 
Fingerprint: 0xf12f5b10 
Unidentified 
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) 
+3 to Werewolf 
+3 to Lycanthropy 
+5 to Feral Rage 
+121% Enhanced Defense 
+15 to Strength 
+8 to Dexterity 
+15 to Vitality 
Level 15 Summon Dire Wolf (11/18 Charges)

Woot woot!:D
Nightmare Meph had to die only 193 times last night:
Code:
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 71 - 188
One Hand Damage: 71 - 139
Quantity: 68
Required Level: 42
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0xeecf4a28
Item Level: 59
Unidentified
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
157% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Increased Stack Size
Replenishes quantity

Cow Kingdom here I come! I'll crush those bovines, see them driven them before me and will hear the lactation of their women! I'll fry the Cow King's realm and make his Queen my Pwny! All your Zod are belong to the Mutton! Muhahaha!!!:propeller:

Congrats to the top 5, some outstanding finds in there!

Even though I came third from bottom, I'm still well pleased with finding an IKSC. That completes the set for me, and I've never completed this set before.

I also got 2x Sur runes and a Mal, which I'm also delighted with.

By the way, is the cow stage Runes or S/U?

Fabian said it will be based on runes.

I am new to D2 & SPF and just read this entire thread and really enjoyed it. One quick question. Why do all the items say they are unidentified but still show all their stats? Also, congrats Frozzzen!!!

Also, I am completely amazed at how many runs you guys do in an hour. It is insane!!!!

Verno, there are some programs which can be used as extended stashes where you can store your items other than chars. These programs shows items' stats without identifing it.

You can have more info about accepted programs in this thread

and yes, we lost our sanity long time ago :D

Thanks WIMZ, (do they call you WIMZy on here? I hope so because I like it.) It is hilarious to me that it shows up unidentified in GoMule because I have GoMule but have never put an unidentified item in it. LOL. Feel free to tell the stupid noob to go away at anytime...

Ok, so the next round is running Cows for runes. Over time I've found a few good runes in Moo Moo Farm, but usually when I've been on the hunt for Socketables with the minimum %MF. What is the general idea about the /p setting? /p5? /p7? Will having MF equipment effect the amount of runes that drop the way it does with the Countess (yes I know the Countess is a special case, but I like to be sure about these things)? Is it only runes found by cow kills that are counted, ie what about runes from chests?

Verno said:
Thanks WIMZ, (do they call you WIMZy on here? I hope so because I like it.) It is hilarious to me that it shows up unidentified in GoMule because I have GoMule but have never put an unidentified item in it. LOL. Feel free to tell the stupid noob to go away at anytime...

You are not alone. Putting unid items in atma/gomule stashes just doesn't feel right to me. I regularly search my stashes for mistakenly put unid items and identify them. Sorry but can't understand people that don't identify their drops. I can't live like that. :p

TheNix said:
Ok, so the next round is running Cows for runes. Over time I've found a few good runes in Moo Moo Farm, but usually when I've been on the hunt for Socketables with the minimum %MF. What is the general idea about the /p setting? /p5? /p7? Will having MF equipment effect the amount of runes that drop the way it does with the Countess (yes I know the Countess is a special case, but I like to be sure about these things)? Is it only runes found by cow kills that are counted, ie what about runes from chests?

The players command adds unpartied players. Two unpartied players are equal to one partied players dropwise. So you need at least two more unpartied players to increase the drop rate. That's the reason why p3, p5 and p7 are used when your target are the drops, not the experience.

MF won't affect the amount of runes but probably will affect your run times.

Even if chest drops are counted they won't make much difference. Chests there drop up to Vex.

I'm more interested in how 1.12a players should compare their rune drops to 1.13c players?

Only runes dropped from Cows count. That Vex you get from a chest is not a qualifier :)

1.12 players should take a long hard look at why they're still playing 1.12 I'm afraid. Rune hunt competitions are kinda pointless in 1.12 I guess, but you're obviously free to play and hope to get lucky :)

As for unidentified items, they look infinitely better than identified items when you take screenshots of haul pics and stuff. Example of good looking haul pic: Click me imo :) Now imagine how ugly that would look if the items were identified :(

[highlight]Round 2 - Cows - Begin this Friday November 4[/highlight]

Hey guys and welcome back! This Friday, the Cow slaughter begins. Like the last round, we're doing 17 days instead of 10, as that seemed more popular from the feedback I heard. 20 hours of running, send the results (with your forum nick!) to my email when you're done, pretty much the same deal.

[highlight]List of Qualifiers[/highlight]

Ko 1.0
Fal 1.3
Lem 1.9
Pul 2.6
Um 3.8
Mal 3.8
Gul 5.3
Ist 5.6
Ohm 7.6
Vex 8.0
Sur 10.3
Lo 11.4
Jah 13.8
Ber 15.4
Cham 20.7
Zod 54.0

To clarify a few questions that were brought up, you're free to collect Wirt's Legs with a different character than the character you're doing the cow run with, but all legs have to be collected in the 20 hours (so no use of pre-stashes legs), and keep the clock running throughout all the collecting/character switching/muling/etc.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to want a Cham soon, so someone better a) have one drop and b) give it to me cheaply! :)

Do you have to run on p8 to get the good runes?

Hello Fabian,

You've already said earlier that it would be okay if I join the tourney at this point. :] Other than adding my name to the roster and perhaps giving 50 PGems, are there any other additional steps that I need to take?

JOSHK said:
Do you have to run on p8 to get the good runes?
The ratios are
Code:
/p1 1.00
/p3 1.63
/p5 2.02
/p7 2.28

omg, that's all! Welcome and good luck :)

Fabian said:
Only runes dropped from Cows count. That Vex you get from a chest is not a qualifier :)

Good to know. Otherwise i would've guessed all drops from cowlvl are good game. Guess i can leave my keys at home.

Also may i make a suggestion? First let me note that i'm not for or opposed to the extended duration of the round. I don't mind either way.

As i saw in the comments the people that wanted an extended duration had trouble finishing the 20 hrs in the original timeframe. To give them a lvl playingfield the extention makes sense. However since there's no limit on the amount of times a player can do 20 hrs i'd say that advantage is lost as with the extention there'll be more players doing 2 or even more 20 hour stretches.

So maybe it's a good idea to either keep it at 1 time only for everybody: same odds for everyone. Or a max of 2 times 20 hrs which would give the more fanatic players some advantage but at least keeps it somewhat limited.

Seems fair enough with me. Max of 2 entries per round seems like a decent trade-off between keeping a balanced competition while still allowing the "fanatics" to play a bit more than an hour a day, so let's go with that :)

post-count+1

I'm assuming it's the top 5 qualifiers again.

5x54.0 for me, then ;P

Or, more likely, 5x1.0.

Oh, and by the way: anyone who can run the cows on /p7 more than deserves the x2.28 likelihood of an increased drop. I cna barely do it on /p1 without NDEs and several trips to repair my Thunderstrokes - hopefully I'll get a Titan's drop before this weekend...

Alright, I'll bite on this round :)

Going to multitask with my soon to be 99 sorc!

Unless of course I find 3 Bers before the round starts...

Just a clarification please, Um and Mal have the same score?

Yep. Um is 3.8386 and Mal is 3.7627.
The funny thing is that you pointed that out and not the fact that ohm is lower than vex, and gul lower than ist, and Jah is lower than ber. :D

Well, strange things happen in that 1.13c version. That is the reason I play 1.12a - here 8 runes are high, not just one. :p

As part of minority I should obey to the rules of the majority here:

Fabian said:
1.12 players should take a long hard look at why they're still playing 1.12 I'm afraid. Rune hunt competitions are kinda pointless in 1.12 I guess, but you're obviously free to play and hope to get lucky :)
Of course that makes sense because 1.12 Jah or higher would pretty much mean autowin compared to 1.13c Ko. :) I've never found higher than Vex from monster though. :(

kestegs said:
The funny thing is that you pointed that out and not the fact that ohm is lower than vex, and gul lower than ist, and Jah is lower than ber. :D

Two identical numbers are far easier to spot than the order, I can never remember the order of the runes anyway. :crazyeyes:

Di_Maggert has her Javelins all freshly sharped and is ready to start the BBQ.

This was the last update I could find.

Code:
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Joanna                  (N)

Code:

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

I'll send PGems by tonight or tomorrow. GL everyone. ^^

Two and a quarter hour on Moo-moo farm and I found 21 runes (no qualifiers) and 19 S/U's, including Nat's Mark a grailie. I've dropped my %MF from >300% to 100% and I'm finding more S/U's. :scratchchin:

I'm pretty sure I did send gems. OMG fix that in your post. It looks bad :p

Plz you guys tell your run times, player settings and char. I want to see how god/bad my runt times are, cause they seem really bad to me.

In test runs ~5 min runs with LF zon. Seems pretty bad.

mine is around ~4.5min including picking up the leg. i'm not happy with it neither. p7, LFzon

Guys, I'm afraid I won't have much time to continue this huge tournament.
But I'll still lurk your drops ;)

About 3.5mins/run, /p1 including leg collection.

This has improved from about 7 mins when I realised it's not necessarily a good thing to kill every cow on the farm.

I'm not a fan of The Moo Moo farm, so this stage is really going to drag for me...

Code:
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Joanna                  (N)
Paradigmshift           (Y)

Code:

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

Pgems have been sent!! Gonna try and get the time to do this. I've waffled back and forth on it for a while, but really I should be running this as I need a rune boost in the stashes.

After 2hrs, I got my first qualifying rune! Woo!

I'm finding it really hard to run for more than 20mins at a time, as I can't play with the sound off (a bit set in my ways, I guess) and the mooing is really beginning to grate on me.

I fully expect to have a nervous tic by the end of the alloted time.

I've played with sound on maybe three times in the last three years. How do you people deal with that? =/

Haven't gotten much running done yet.

I find the mooing soothing :)

I've played with the sound off maybe 3 times in the last 3 years :p

Put about 3 hours in. 2 qualifiers so far, both came on my first run. Run times are pretty dismal at 7 min for p3 or 12-15 for p7. I've ran most of it on p7 but I think the rest will be on p3.

*moos at kestegs*

My trapper is averaging about 30 minutes per run at /p1, so it'll be a miracle if I get any qualifiers to drop.

I'm about half way through the 20 hours with 4 qualifiers. My LF zon is running and about 9 minutes per run on /p5. She can handle /p7, but my merc cannot.

someone ban that frozzz nub

What? :(

2.5 hours in, 5 qualifiers found. Avg run times ~5 min. Those are mehish, ideally I'd like to toss them all out of top 5 by the time tourney ends.

Toss them here then :p

1 hour & 1 qualifier so far here. Run times ~ 8-9 mins. Did 6 runs so far, the first took me around 12 mins, last 3 was 25 mins so I guess this will improve a bit more.
Running with poison necro @p7 btw. Both the merc and 'Insight' golem (more than 7k life) died on test run, but I'm quite safe since then. Using a MPK ring instead of 'Insight' now.
I have a nice map too, 2 teleports to Tristram portal, best drop is a SoJ so far.

1 hour 2 qualifiers so far. I dont think it is possible for me to finish 20h but we will see.

Oh and Cerebus' Bite dropped from a chest. I did not even know it was possible

1.5 hours and I'm not sure I can finish 20 hours, /p3 with a poisonmancer, run time is ~6mins thanks to CE, found 3 qualifiers but 2 of them are among the worst ones ^^, the last one is average. The best drop was a Giant Skull from a normal cow.

I was thinking i'd be getting nowhere this round, but seeing all the complaining of other people makes me feel slightly better as i'm not alone in the horrible drop department. Both the number of runes and the quality are very disappointing so far.

Atm 7 hrs in and 7 qualifiers found. Running my zon @p7. For the first 3 or 4 hours i averaged 7 runs an hour, which equals about 8,5 mins/run (didn't do any testruns before starting this round). My average has dropped a bit since then and is now slightly under 8 mins.

Was hoping to make it close to 20 hrs before friday as Skyrim releases then and i think that may be hard to resist. But it seems like i won't even be halfway by then. Still, i hope to finish 20 hrs one way or the other.

As for the mooing: i play with sound on, but don't even notice it anymore. Random thought: maybe we should change Movember to Moovember. :scratchchin: And for all players: try not to buy the farm, just rent it 😉

Gee, it's funny the way people work. I've completed 12 hours or so, not because I like Cow runs, but because the sooner I finish the 20 hours, the soon I can get back to trying to complete my Grail. :crazyeyes: Five qualifiers now, so I'm hoping for upgrades.

Ill daughter stops play for the Moo!

I haven't even loaded up D2 since Monday, I think. I'm so horribly sleep deprived I've had to ask people what day it is several times today. Hopefully her antibiotics will kick in tonight and I'll be able to restart over the weekend.

Finishing 20hrs seems very unlikely for me, too.

Still no qualifiers. Found another M'avina's Kraken Shell, though.

My run times are in the 5-6 min range and I've done about 9 hours of running so far. Have 7 qualifiers so far and hope to drop a couple of them out of the top 5 by the end of it all. Good luck to you guys!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/screenshot025gy.jpg/

Does this still count as a qualifier? ;p

Part of a series on playing Diablo II when tired

Oh...ouch! I laughed about that one for quite some time, thank you 👍

Just be glad it wasn't a ber :crazyeyes:

I did that with something a lot less meaningful like a gem and a socketed armor, it was annoying, but not nearly as much as that.

EmperorMoo said:

Does this still count as a qualifier? ;p

Part of a series on playing Diablo II when tired

One more pul and your travincal weapon is ready :jig: :jig:

How do you figure a 3os do-nothing weapon could compete (effectively) with a Grief..? :p

I'm not making much progress, although I haven't played much either as per usual. Maybe today.

zemaj said:
if anyone ever shows up running Trav (effectively) with a gemmed/jeweled/runeword Leg, they automatically win based solely on style... that would be even better than the theoretical ATMA-bugged 1.07eth 'Grief' CB.

I bet it could be done with a Black in one hand and a Malice in the other with a Frenzy barb: let the CB and OW deal with them.

So, hands up all those who've killed the Cow King with their LFzon and are now running with a MF optimised Blizzsorc?

*raises hand*
*looks about*

Just me then, eh?

edit: just realised the blizzsorc hasn't completed the game yet. Blast. I'm not going to waste my time trying to kill the ancients with a pure blizzsorc, so for me the runehunt is over. I can't respec as I've used up all my respecs trying to decide whether I want I blizzsorc or a meteorber. With 1 qualifier, I think the last place is secured.
I'm running blizzard by choice. I also hadn't killed ancients with her before I started. You can easily kill ancients and Baal with her, just reroll until you have only one CI ancient, the merc can handle one.

EmperorMoo said:
So, hands up all those who've killed the Cow King with their LFzon and are now running with a MF optimised Blizzsorc?[/uquote]

I had to up the players command to /p7, there were too many close calls on /p5. Only two hours to go and I've got a total of 7 qualifiers, and only one of those is half decent.

I've got 2 CK Horns and a CK Hide.

I'll make a shameless post wishing good luck to all the cow killers and asking you to keep an eye for 15ED 4os Shadow Bows :p ^^

me so lame :p

zemaj said:
:shocked: how did you manage to kill Elvis with a LFzon? I mean, if you have a 'Infinity' merc, why didn't you just skip his 'pen'? If not, why did you let your merc kill him? (if you killed him by filling him full of javs, consider my mind officially blown)

Not sure how I did it, really. I wasn't paying much attention, and I think my merc and valk (I was running with a gunslinger) CB and Amp'd him before I noticed.

I was messing about with Spotify at the time, and I'd also just finished a bottle of wine. This may also be a factor.

I'm going to try (as kestegs mentioned) to get my Blizzsorc through Hell and then carry on with her.

nulio said:
I'll make a shameless post wishing good luck to all the cow killers and asking you to keep an eye for 15ED 4os Shadow Bows :p ^^

me so lame :p

You are very lame,
Can someone already please,
Ban the nub called frozzz?

This post is not spam,
I came across such a bow,
Although five oh ess.

Twenty hours down and I'm not particularly please with the results; 255 Runes with 10 qualifiers (4 of them Ko). Notable finds: Nats Mark and Seraph's Hymn (both grailies), CK Leathers and Horns & a SoJ. We are not mentioning the Gul that dropped while I was getting the leg. Has it been decided what the next round is yet?

Reached the halfway point yesterday. I accidentally went up to p8 and within seconds of starting the run I found my top qualifier. I'll be running on p7 the rest of the time ;)

Found 8 qualifiers so far, but only 2 are even halfway respectable.

Also I still haven't found a single 4os eth polearm, found 2 0os ones that failed their role though :(

I'm around ~12 hours and still I have one respectable rune and it seems that /p3 doesn't work well although I found my best rune in /p1. I guess I'll try /p7, it seems better.

I didn't have much time for play until now so I hurried to kill to Baal with my untwinked blizz sorc and accidentally killed The king on her second trial cow run, he probably followed me and got stuck in the Blizzard. I might try my luck with javazon but I doubt I'll have patience for 20 hours. Good luck to everyone. :)

zemaj said:
and after my bewilderment at Emperor Moo's killing Elvis, I damn near let my merc off him last night... he was down below 1/8th HP before I really noticed :nervous:

Bear in mind I was multitasking and had been drinking, and you can see how it can happen.

I haven't had the time/inclination to get my blizzsorc through the rest of Hell yet, so I think I will claiming last place in this round.

I'm looking forward to the next round, anywhere but the cows will be an improvement for me.

Just finished my 20 hours and e-mailed Fabian.

I only managed 42 runs in 20 hours with my hybrid trapper, and predictably scored poorly. On the other hand, there's absolutely no reason for me despair, because a cow dropped another Blade of Ali Baba. Maybe that will help me get a better score in future rounds.
I almost did 20 hours of running and I was quite unlucky in this round, even if I get a HR in an hour that won't make me happy.
By the way, what is the next round?

Let's go with Pits.

Yay! I've had some great finds in the Pits, I have.

Are we going to include drops from the Chest at the end, or just from monsters?

Just from monsters.

Bah. 130 runs at /p3 and only 9 qualifiers (only two of which couldn't have been found in much higher quantities from running Countess instead). 9 is also coincidentally the number of Lums I found.

100ish runs. Rune finds do not justify continued running. Results sent.

Notables:

Code:
Pluckeye
Short Bow
Two Hand Damage: 2 - 8
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 7
Required Dexterity: 15
Fingerprint: 0xa5158971
Item Level: 81
Unidentified
100% Enhanced Damage
+28 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Life
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius

Shimmering Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8af3c15c
+19 to Life
All Resistances +4

Amber Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x89dc7bed
Lightning Resist +11%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Steel Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xf663ae6e
+107 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc2820fc6
+17 to Life
Fire Resist +11%

Hexing Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4961197
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only)

Lion Branded Grand Charm of Dexterity
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbb1de062
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+4 to Dexterity

Sounding Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdb5558a5
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Acrobatic Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf03bd578
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7b9851a8
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+16 to Life

Natural Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2af3ed5d
+4 to Strength

Burning Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf8fe807f
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Entrapping Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x39820b5
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+7% Faster Run/Walk

Natural Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd02b41c5

Superior Shadow Bow
Two Hand Damage: 17 - 67
Durability: 21 of 28
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 52
Required Dexterity: 188
Fingerprint: 0xe2df17bf
15% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
3 Sockets (0 used)  <-- Almost...

Corpse Heart
Heavenly Stone
One Hand Damage: 21 - 46
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xc032169f
Item Level: 84
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)
+9 to Energy
+50 to Mana
Cold Resist +23%

Superior Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 34 - 38
Indestructible
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xa73674c2
11% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
4 Sockets (0 used)

Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense: 348
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x6f4f4d0e
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
79% Bonus to Attack Rating
7% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
+139% Enhanced Defense

Entropy Master
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb2fbffbd
+42 to Attack Rating
8% Life stolen per hit
All Resistances +8
Fire Resist +30%

Trang-Oul's Guise
Bone Visage
Defense: 211
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xd0e1f12b
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+94 Defense
Replenish Life +5
+150 to Mana
Attacker Takes Damage of 20

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xbe46d1af
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Can I join late and only participate in the rounds that are left?
I don't have pgems so will be not be in prize contention.

@Virgait: I joined late, so I assume Fabian will let you in as well.

@Fabian: Results sent, along with 50 P.Gem pool.

Code:
    I've sent gems (Y/N)

Joanna                  (Y)
Paradigmshift           (Y)

Code:

Hammy
Cyrax
Victus
EmperorMoo
Ohomemgrande
coju
Rummski
scrcrw
potter
acake
zgpmf
Chaostar
fuzzy wuzzy
Downsy

That being said, it looks like cheap ol' Frozzz is the only recipient who refuses to pay. :whistling:

---

My Personal Stats
Time: 16 hours, ~14 minutes.
Character: PikachuOnCrack, Clvl 94 LFuryzon. Died once.
Run Time: /p7, 4 minutes 40 seconds average without anime/tv show, 6 minutes 21 seconds average with.
Qualifiers: 16.
Chest Non-Qualifiers: Lem, Mal.
Non-Qualifier Finds:
- TC87 Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
- 3x Cow Shoes, 2x Cow Skins, 2x Cow Hats
- 9 EUs
- 35 ED/15 IAS Jewel
- 30 LR/7 FHR Jewel
- 29 CR/20 Life Jewel
- Shape-shifting of Vita 36
- Burning, Hexing, Lion-Branded, Preserver's, plain/silly 2nd
- Cobalt of Balance 9/5
- Emerald of Vita 10/17
- Fine of Vita 3/3/18
- Shimmering of Dexterity 3/2
- Serpent's of Vita 16/20 17/18

@omg_etc: how did you manange to get all those cow items? I'm assuming an uber-drop?

Maybe this question should be in the pits berserkers thread, but i didn't feel like looking it up and as the next round seems to be pits i thought i'd post it here.

I still have a couple of hours to go for this round. To get a change of scenery i've started to re-equip and lvl my berserker a bit. I'm nowhere near as fast as Fabian. Not yet anyway.
So far i do have one major problem to get my runs speedier. When howling monsters often get stuck either by walls or just because there's so many they can't run away. That in itself wouldn't be that big a problem, but because of that they usually start attacking even when howled. So the question is: how do i get the area clear (enough) to be able to focus on bosses/champions?

@EmperorMoo: I'd assume very good luck. All 7 cow items dropped within the first 5-6 hours for me, and I didn't see a single green cow item in the next 10 hours of cowing. :p

@Cyrax: A video of a sample run would help. :)

I would like to get in if I can. I will go home tonight and cube up some Pgems. I hope I can come up with 50. :) If it isn't cool, please let me know.

I only managed the time to do 13 hours of running. Lots of stuff going on in the family life atm. A couple of decent non-qualifiers but nothing that just jumps at you.

Natural of Inertia
Iron sc of balance (+20AR)
Steel GC of Sustenance (132/30)
Eschuta's - 12%LSD/17%FSD
49% War Travs
Tals Plate
Humonculous
Valk Wing
Cow Hat
BKWB

I did an hour. I don't care for cows. I found 1 qualifier!

I did 10 hours. No qualifiers found.

I ran almost 14 hours with a poison necro, found 9 qualifiers total.
Best non-qualifiers were:
- SoJ (2nd run)
- Messerschmidt's Reaver
- Shimmering GC of Vita (@14/37life)
- 41x 4os Polearms

I did 2 hours maybe 3 :) Nothing special dropped. I'm not gonna send my results, as it would be pointless. Literally :D

@OMG: Here's a not so great example. Tried taping it several times. And sure enough, after i stop taping i get some nice examples. Nevertheless this one kinda shows the trouble i'm facing. There's a couple of times that it happens. Just keep an eye on the fallens.

More on topic: Ran another hour today. Only 1 more to go. Should have time on friday to finish up. Not my favourite round and by the sound of it i'm not alone. Still score is finally starting to look decent. Which is none too soon as i only have the 60 mins left to improve the score. With all the moaning and groaning of other contestants i'm even hoping to end up in top 5. Still i'd feel a lot more confident if i'd find a zod or two during the final stretch.

Cyrax, I might have missed something in this thread but..

And today is November 22 :scratchchin: Am I missing something?

Results sent. 7 Qualifiers in a little over 4. Quality is pretty decent, but nothing I hoped for sadly.

Cyrax,
I watched the video and it is safe to say that you are at a completely different level than I am. I would have died 23 times in that video. :)

I thought each round got extended to 3 weeks :confused:

edit: nevermind, you are right. Crap....been running cows for the last 2 days still :doh:

Now I'll have to check my screenshots to remember when I actually found my last qualifier.

Verno said:
Cyrax,
I watched the video and it is safe to say that you are at a completely different level than I am. I would have died 23 times in that video. :)

Me too. It would also have taken me about 15mins.

So, quandry time:

Is it worth respeccing a standard fishyzon into a Strafer for the Pits?
Her gear is nothing special (all this is based on memory):

Thunderstroke (When will a Titan's drop, Gods of Diablo, when?)
Lycander's aim (shaeled)
+1 skills + res +str +MF helm
Res all amu - really(!)
Skulder's PTopazed
Nat Boots
LAying of Hands
Thundergod's
RavenF
MPK ring

Merc:
CoThieves helm
Fort Archon (eth)
Insight

Don't you have a better suited character for pits? I used to run them with my strafer, but they can't exactly pack on the MF. Do you really need an MPK ring with insight?

Results sent. luckily I had not gotten any new qualifiers in the last 2 days(not really lucky I guess)

I will likely sit out the next round. My barb is the pit master, but I don't have the motivation to play him right now.

frozzzen said:
Cyrax, I might have missed something in this thread but..

And today is November 22 :scratchchin: Am I missing something?

Crap, really??? I thought these rounds were supposed to last longer now. Hence my proposal to limit the number of tries to a max off 2. Also i would've expected a 24 hour (or something close to that) warning from our respected host. :ponder:
If you're right i'll have to at least scratch one qualifier from top 5 as i found that yesterday. I'll have to check further whether that's all or if there's more runes that need to go.

Verno said:
Cyrax,

Thanks for the egoboost Verno :cloud9:. I can't comment on that as i don't know how well you play (we need more vids!). Maybe you're just underestimating yourself? And in case you actually are much worse then me, you can console yourself with the thought that you most likely do have a life. 😉
As i said, i'm still getting the hang of this character and his equipment isn't optimal yet (especially the charm department) so i'm still working on that. I hope to be in better shape when the next round starts. Before that i hope to catch some more lvl's when practicing which should help too (he's only 82 atm). Goal is to get him to at least lvl 90 before the show begins.

@EmperorMoo: You don't stand a chance next round anyway as you loose home advantage (a.k.a. no more MooMooFarm) 👅.

As far as running goes: i'm with Kestegs in that i'd rather run with a different char. Any chance you have a poison necro? Windy? Dual element sorc? I'm sure there's more options, but i'd definately take any of those over the zon.
If it's only the zon i'd go either with LF/multi hybrid or full multi (i'd have to check how much is LI in pits). I prefer multi over strafe, but i'd rather not start that whole debate all over again. In that respect it's gonna be a matter of personal preference.

Tragically, after my restart I only have a blizzsorc (all repecs used) or the Fishy.

And my memory let me down: as kestegs pointed out, it's a LL ring as I wouldn't need MPK with Insight.

I don't really have the time to build a new char in time for Dec 7th or 9th, whichever it is. I'll try to do a poison necro, as I've never done one before, and see how far I get...

edit: LordPercyPercy has just bgeen born: why do all my necros have to have stupid names... *sigh*

@Cyrax: there certainly was no home advantage to the MooMoo farm: my most disappointing rune hunting session ever- I'd have got further running NM Countess!

You will all be excited to know that I have cubed up 50 Pgems. It took almost all of my flawless gems, but I did make it. Next step is to email the stash. The final step is to get my Meteorb through hell in the next two weeks. It's gonna be close...

Original;y posted by @Fabian

Round 2 - Cow Results

WoRG 5p
kestegs 4p
zemaj 3p
frozzzen 2p
ParadigmShift 1p

WoRG
Ber 15.4
Vex 8.0
Ist 5.6
Ist 5.6
Gul 5.3