Meet Alectrona - The 200% FCR Fire Ball Sorceress!

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Diablo 2: Resurrected
Alectrona, Level 96 • Fire Ball 200% FCR Sorceress Screenshot010.jpg

Fireball Sorceress is another common build which however is not seen very often due to the fact that the Hell Difficulty is full of Fire Immune monsters making it incapable to farm at rewarding areas. However, this gives a great opportunity to farm in uncommon places and break the monotony of the game. What makes this build so unique is that our main Spell has no Cool-down so we can take great advantage of the maximum Faster Cast Rate Break-point Sorceress has and wreak havoc in Players 8 without breaking a sweat!

Alectrona was the Goddess of the Sun in the Greek Mythology. Having the powers of the Sun by her side this Sorceress literally turns her enemies into ashes!

Positive
+ High Damage
+ 200% FCR
+ Maxed Resists
+ Fire Ball has no Cooldown
+ Effective at Players 8
+ New Farming Areas

Negative
- Fragile
- Restricted Gear
- Too many Fire Immunes

Stats
As usual Strength is only needed to equip our gear. Spirit is an unmatched shield and it deserves every point in Strength to equip it.
Dexterity can be left out since it would require plenty points to reach maximum block.
Energy is also not needed at all so the rest points can all go to Vitality.
  • Strength: 156
  • Dexterity: None
  • Vitality: Rest
  • Energy: None

Skills
We are focusing completely on the Fire Tree so we need to max Fire Ball which is our main skill. Obviously we need to max its synergies to boost its damage and of course Fire Mastery. One point in Warmth will greatly help your mana recovery along with the +Skills from gear. Same applies to the Enchant, one point will boost your Hireling's Attack Rating. One point in Static field will help your Mercenary kill Fire Immunes faster and of course deal with Bosses quickly. Lastly, one point in Teleport, in all prerequisites and the rest points can go to a shield of your choice.

Screenshot007.jpg

Gear
As already mentioned, since our main Spell has no cool-down it is an excellent opportunity to create a maxed Faster Cast Rate Sorceress. A 200% FCR build doesn't give you much customization as every slot must be filled with nearly the highest FCR mods in order to hit the last break-point. However, this restriction does not break the efficiency of the build at all thus, not only we don't sacrifice anything to reach that break-point itemz.jpgbut on the contrary, the gear fits the build nicely to make it as monstrous as ever! The only slot that can get away without a FCR mod are the boots which no matter what they are (Rare, Magic, Unique, Crafted) can not spawn with that mod.

Weapon: Eschuta's Temper + Perfect Fire Facet
Shield: Spirit
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi + Perfect Fire Facet
Helm: Rare Tiara (+2/20% FCR)
Gloves: Magefists
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Rare (FRW, FHR, Resists)
Rings: Rare (10% FCR) x2
Amulet: Crafted (+2 / 15%+ FCR)
Switch: Call to Arms + Spirit

• Eschuta's Temper grants a massive 40% FCR so it's already an ideal weapon to begin with. On top of that it adds +3 to Sorceress Skills with an extra up to 20% Fire Damage. Moreover, we can socket it with a Fire Facet and aiming for a perfect one will give us the desirable -5% Fire to enemy Resistance.
  • Spirit is one way road here. It's usually the best shield for casters without anything coming close to its stats and cheap value. Right now we need the 35% FCR which is the highest you can get from a shield but all the rest mods it adds are extremely useful. Not much to mention, the extra Skill points, Faster Hit Revocery, Mana, Health and so on make this Shield unmatchable.
  • Skin of the Vipermagi provides 30% FCR which is the highest on an Armor. With +1 to all skills and a really great boost to all resistances, Skin of the Vipermagi is a great combination for any caster. Furthermore, we can also add one more socket here so another Perfect Fire Facet will lead to a total of +10% Fire Damage and -10% to enemy Fire Resistance along with the Weapon's Facet.
  • Helm is the hardest by far item to get for this build. We definetely need 20% FCR which can spawn only in Circlets. What we aim for is a Magic or a Rare Circlet with +2 to Sorceress skill levels and 20% FCR. This Sorceress is using a Magic Circlet +2/ 20% /2os with two Perfect Fire Facets with a total of +20% Fire Damage and -20% to enemy Fire Damage along with the Weapon's and the Armor's Facet.
  • Arachnid Mesh is your standard best choice. Another 20% FCR from the belt along with an extra skill point and nothing comes close to it.
  • Magefists are awesome gloves and one of the rare occasions where gloves can boost your skills. They provide 20% FCR and 1 skill point to Fire Spells.
  • Boots can be used to cover the other needs of the build such as resistances and FHR. Rare boots can provide both in a good amount.
  • Both Rings must provide 10% FCR each. Two Rare rings with some other useful stats, preferably resistances would be ideal.
  • A Crafted Amulet with +2 to Sorceress Skills and 15%+ FCR will allow us to hit the final Break-Point of 200% FCR and our build is complete!
  • Call to Arms is very important due to Sorceress's low health. Use it constantly and make sure not to teleport into a group of monsters with or without it.
Breakpoints to aim:
Faster Cast Rate: 200%

Faster Hit Recovery: 60
Faster Block Rate: N/A
Resistances:
75% All

Screenshot002.jpg
Mercenary
Weapon: Infinity
Armor: Shaftop
Helm: Vampire Gaze

Sorceress is fragile and considering that you will not farm in areas with Fire Immunities, a Holy Freeze Act 2 Mercenary will provide great protection and crowd control. Needles to say, your Mercenary should be equipped with Infinity which will boost your Fire Damage by a huge amount. Along with the Fire Facets that we have equipped it will make it easier to deal with breakable Fire Immunes at higher Players settings. His main role will be mostly to tank damage while you demolish everything from behind so a Shaftop with Vampire Gaze will do perfectly fine to aid his tanky role.

Farming Areas
Currently, there is no flawless area for a Fire Sorcress to farm. The only lvl 85 area that has no Fire Immunes is The Mausoleum but the monster density and the layout of the map are a bit unappealing. Thus, this gives you a great chance to try new areas such as the caves in Act 5. The Crystalline Passage, Glacial Trail, Ancients Way, along with the Icy Dungeons each of these areas have are all ideal and very refreshing areas for farming. With the recent news, Blizzard is planning to make the Drifter Cavern and The Icy Cellar level85 area so everything will eventually work out really well.

Conclusion
A FireBall Sorceress is perhaps one of the best if not the best Sorceress builds to take advantage of the massive 200% Faster Cast Rate. If you aim for a 105% FCR you Sorceress will still be very strong and will have great potential for more damage but aiming for the maxed FCR will make your character equally powerful, unique and most importantly much more fun to play. Once you find the perfect area for your farming goals you will quickly notice a great difference in speed and power!

Screenshot009.jpg
Final Stats, fully buffed!

Last edited:
Congrats, and nice write-up!

Pure fire builds may get lots of criticisms, but imo they do have their moments. Non-immunes just melt and for the most part of Act 2 (especially open areas and maggot lair), they're a blast to play.

Pardon the puns.🤪

• Love
Reactions: Excalibur
Cool build. I have a pure fire sorc, but I don't have all the items needed for 200fcr. I just need to craft a 2 sorc / 15+ fcr ammy and I'm all set, eezy peezy. :)

• Love
Reactions: Excalibur
Added the video I was missing to complete the guide! :)
Farming in those Act5 Caves feels very refreshing. Now that two of the caves have become level 85 areas gives you a slight motivation to try them out.

I really wish they would make the Frozen River a Level 85 area as well. If you check the video you will notice it has great density and the map is quite big! Just as I like it!

Last edited:
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Very cool build! I love playing my Fireball Sorc. I don't have all the nice gear that you do, so I'm nowhere close to 200 FCR... but maybe someday! Sure looks fun. My Sorc gets by just fine with the gear I have though.

The new alvl 85 areas in patch 2.4 have introduced several nice options for a fire build to work with. I've found farming the Stony Tomb to be fairly productive. No fire immunes down there. Same goes for Arachnid Lair, which is conveniently located right beside a WP, though I don't like it as much as Stony Tombs. I've also spent quite a bit of time running the Act V caves.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High