Matriarch Shekirah, LF/FA Zon-my first Furyzon

Crudesash

Feb 19, 2021
Greetings all, long time between posts, but I have been playing a lot lately. Before I get started, a technical note: this character was solo the entire way but played on the ladder. When D2R launched, I decided that I would use the ladder to facilitate playing between my desktop and laptop, and it has been really efficient. There was really no difference playing this way, except it was /P1 the whole way. This was my first ladder character to ever complete the game as well.

I'd also like to give a shoutout to @PhineasB, whose guide really helped me in terms of point placement, and to the thousands of mana pots I chugged because I never found a 4os polearm to craft Insight. But as we will learn, something unexpected happened that eventually rendered that moot...

This build was fun, and fast; I used a mix of spear and javelin for Normal, and once I was able to use LF, it was a basic formula: Spear for bosses/single mobs, Javelin for the packs. Killing speed was slow at first but as I got to level 5-6 on Fury, packs started to melt, and the only issue was mana; I found a partizan in Act 5 that I hoped would yield just 4 sockets from Larzuk, but I guess the ilvl was too high, as I was bestowed 5. I did die killing Diablo, as I tried to take him at range, but got him the second time.

Nightmare proved to be quite easy, the only thing slowing the build was the mana issue. Try as I might, I could not find a 4os polearm (and by NM A1 I had enough Sol runes to craft it 4 times over), so I just kept on chugging. I did acquire a very useful item later in the act, the Kuko Shakaku.

I finished NM at 65, jumped straight into Hell and had very few issues. I was doing mostly full clears as I leveled, reran NM Baal for the XP and the hope of a Titan’s, but that eluded me. I started to see by the middle of the act that LI’s were taking forever to die, so I decided to respec into using Frozen Arrow as well; having the +3 to bow skills on the Kuko was a huge help, and LI’s were no longer an issue…but my resists were. I started Hell with about 15 LR, 0 CR, 30 FR, and -8 PR! When I swapped to the bow, the PR cratered to -29! That being said, it wasn’t really a factor; I rarely had any “!” moments, even with Andariel or some of the A2 poison heavy areas.

My Merc eventually found The Reapers Toll, my first time ever, and while it was a big upgrade, as this was not a physical damage build I didn’t feel the impact that as much…until a random mob dropped Gargoyles Bite in A4. All of a sudden, even LI packs were of little concern, and the great leeching from that weapon really shone; between Might, Decrepify, and the damage of the GB, I was making pretty quick work of most mobs.

Anya rewarded me with a rare +2 Javelin with ED, and it was even better than the GB, the first time I ever had an upgrade from that quest. The Ancients were fairly easy but tedious, and Baal took forever; I probably should have tried to get something with CB on him, but eventually he was done, at level 82.

Since then I’ve leveled her to 85, doing a great deal of CS runs, where LI really owns. Big D is a total pushover, and the XP is nice.

Notables and Notes: I finished the game using the rare jav, Peace Armor, Bverrit Keep for a shield, a rare circlet, gloves, belt and boots, most acquired in Nightmare.

I found well over 100 runes with this character, but none higher than Lem. The Hell HF was meh, dropping a Ko rune, and the Countess dropped a really low rune, like a Tir.

I did find a fair amount of S/U’s, but nothing super rare or valuable, except for that Reaper’s. My current character, a Zealadin, is eagerly awaiting for the Merc to hit 75 so he can equip it.

Thanks for reading and G/L in Sanctuary!

Nice Mat, good work!

I played through the game with a hybrid Zon recently, also using the combo of Lightning Fury and Freezing Arrow. It's a very effective build -- and fun to play. I never found Titan's either, which was disappointing, but I was fortunate to have a Demon's Arch sitting in my stash that had been found by a previous character, so that became my main javelin once I hit the level requirement. Demon's Arch got the job done quite nicely.

Reactions: Crudesash
Congrats on the Mat @Crudesash and glad to hear the guide was helpful. This is definitely one of the most versatile builds for untwinked and/or running any and all areas. The Gargoyle's was a nice drop, and very nice to get good a useful quest reward to surpass it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crudesash and coju
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High