Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by skipjack on Oct 25, 2011:

King Duroc - Untwinked WW Barb

Introduction

While I have yet to complete a Guardian, I can no longer say the same for King, which happens to be a superior title anyway.

Duroc is a character born of the Low-Key Classic Tourney. Having a fair bit of experience with SC Classic, I deemed it a worthwhile challenge to prove myself in the realm of HC Classic as well. My original plan was to play Duroc as a Berserker for the entire game, but all my forethought was nullified when it became apparent just how difficult it would be to properly equip a Classic Berserker. With that knowledge compounded by the fact that I do not actually like most melee skills that are not WW, Smite, or Dragon Talon, it seemed prudent that I should respec to a WW Barb for NM and Hell.

Duroc bears the name of a fictional physical embodiment of death. Backwards hobbit logic dictates that the more akin to death a character is, the less likely it is to die; since Duroc became a King, I cannot really disagree with that presumption.

Presenting King Duroc!

King Duroc - WW Barb

Code:
Character name  : Duroc
Character type  : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 67
Character exp   : 236103513

Strength        : 125 (140)
Energy          : 10 (18)
Dexterity       : 20 (30)
Vitality        : 275

Life            : 1307 / 1247 (2548)
Mana            : 136 / 76 (257)
Stamina         : 427 / 408 (832)

Fire res        : 75
Cold res        : 75
Lightning res   : 56
Poison res      : 27

LCS

Skills

Warcries
Combat Masteries
Combat Skills

Gear

Duroc
Helm: Skull Shell
Amulet: Prismatic
Weapon: Bonesnap
Armour: Angelic Mantle
Gloves: Grim Touch
Ring1: Havoc Coil
Belt: Cruel Cord
Ring2: Angelic Halo
Boots: Skull Stalker

Skull Shell
Casque
Defense: 124
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 59
Required Level: 26
Item Version: 1.10+ Standard
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5877fcdf
+8 to Energy
+14 to Life
+70% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +18%
Poison Resist +7%
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Prismatic Amulet
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x323771b4
All Resistances +18

Prismatic Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x323771b4
All Resistances +18

Bonesnap
Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 99 to 142
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 69
Required Level: 24
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x279386c5
+231% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
200% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow

Angelic Mantle
Ring Mail
Defense: 218
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 36
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xdf11db9e
+40% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 3

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+150 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Grim Touch
Leather Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x2b538508
+8 to Strength
+28% Enhanced Defense
+13 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +7%
3% Mana stolen per hit

Havoc Coil
Ring
Required Level: 22
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x7c644b8b
+5 to Strength
+52 to Mana
+19 to Maximum Stamina
+108 to Attack Rating
4% Life stolen per hit

Cruel Cord
Heavy Belt
Defense: 10
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x55b41139
+2 to Strength
+26 to Life
+45% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +19%
24% Faster Hit Recovery

Angelic Halo
Ring
Item Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x5607e0c4
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6

+804 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Skull Stalker
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 49
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xc16f160d
+24% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +18%
Cold Resist +32%
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Gameplay

Gameplay with Duroc can be divided into three segments: Berserker, WW w/ War Hammers, WW w/ Bonesnap. It just so happens that these three segments also encapsulate approximately the entirety of a difficulty each.

Normal was completed with the intent of Duroc becoming a Berserker. No respecs were used and skill points were distributed with the final build in mind. I was initially unsure which weapon type to specialize in, but I eventually invested in Mace Mastery, as I wanted the extra crits and maces are the most prominent weapons for Classic Barbs. Duroc was actually quite satisfactory throughout Normal, functioning as a very solid tank, but his killing speed left something to be desired. I only managed to play a short time as a proper Berserker, yet it was quite obvious that killing would be far more of a chore than it had to be, so I respecced.

Nightmare was completed as WW Barb wielding dual ~50% ED rare War Hammers. Despite the somewhat weak weapons, Duroc encountered little difficulty, although the FE bug and some LE bosses did lead to a few scares. Once NM was cleared, Duroc proceeded to run NM CS in an effort to find some gear upgrades. Bonesnap dropped after only a dozen or so /p3 runs, indicating that the time to trek through Hell had finally come.

Hell itself was a cakewalk. About halfway through Act1 an AR/LL/mana ring dropped, shoring up the last remaining problems Duroc had. The most threatening enemies in Hell ended up being the beetles in Act2, although they were still easily dispatched with health pots and a more conservative WW strategy. Hell CS was cleared in roughly fifteen minutes because I was not interested in taking too many risks so close to the end.

It should be noted that, with the exception of two white Battle Hammers, I did no muling whatsoever.

Drops

Just a couple of Battle Hammers to imbue later:

Battle Hammer
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 41 of 55
Required Strength: 100
Fingerprint: 0xb7f53a60
150% Damage to Undead

Battle Hammer
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 50 of 55
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1711d75d
150% Damage to Undead

Other Thoughts

-IAS gems would be much appreciated in Classic

Overall, I am glad to have finally taken a character all the way in HC. I would have liked it to have been with a more exciting build, but I enjoy WW Barbs enough that I can forgive myself. To those interested in trying Classic, a WW Barb is one of the characters I most recommend.

Future plans for Duroc primarily involve deletion, as I have no real use for him and I am not really one to keep inactive trophy characters.

Thanks for reading,

skipjack

Originally posted by SkaMan on Nov 29, 2005:

Guardian Deckard_Pain

I made this guy to run pindle. Since the pindle-thon started, I was getting pretty bored with running him with my sork, because I use her to run everything else as well... Hence Deckard_Pain was born! He's basically a remake of my favourite 1.09 char, the s/s mf barb. Well, evil demands stats:

Name: Deckard_Pain
Level: 86

Stats (base/buffed)
Str: 127/186
Dex: 169/195
Vit: 214/231
Nrg: 10/27
Life: 1859/3737
Mana: 296/465

Damage (normal/with might)
WW damage: 1104 - 2916 / 1495 - 3939
Beserk damage: 1662 - 4377 / 2053 - 5400

Skeelz
WW maxed
BO maxed
Shout maxed
Sword Mastery maxed
1 in all passives except Increased Speed
1 in find potion and find itam

(I'm debating whether to put the point in increased speed to make the run to pindle quicker, although it will make my ww move quicker... Remaining points will either go into zerk or find itam, haven't decided yet)

Gear
Shako
Skullders (ptopaz)
"Oath" Colussus Sword
SS (UM)
Dracul's
String
Travs
Maras
Raven
Rare dual leech ring
Switch = 2 ali babas (1 is dual IST'd, stolen from my sork, other has mf jools in it)

Merc (might)
Reapers
Guillams
Duriels

Charms were all vita charms, but I'm waiting for a Gheed's to drop to raise his mf a little.

Playing this guy through was pretty easy, I did all of normal and NM on players 8, using a twink maul and 1.09 raven until WW was available, then Hell on players 1 because I was impatient to get to pindle! Having massive life, DR, and max resists basically made him unkillable. Didn't have a single close call, although as usual I had to take care in the CS and wsk3/throne.

The only notable find while questing was Dragonscale from teh Baal himself, which is a grailer 👏 . He has been having some luck with pindle though, getting a couple of grailers and some nice elites... Gotta love horking :)

Originally posted by skunkbelly on Oct 14, 2007:

Guardian #14: Whirlyskunk

Whirlyskunk defeated the Ancients and Baal this morning, and became my 14th SP guardian. I'm now only one guardian short of my Double Septumvirate goal (I have three paladin guardians, but only one assassin guardian).

Whirlyskunk is a bit of a cookie-cutter... an IK whirlwind barb. He's the only character I've ever been able to play with a completed class-specific set, which was fun (I also have the Aldur's set, but... well :rolleyes: ). He pretty much smoked everything in his path with little trouble, except for mana burn critters.

Acts 3-5 took about 3 hours total to play: a real breeze. Whirlwind makes you move so fast that it was hard to slow down sometimes. I was also blessed with some lucky monster selections: no Dolls in the Durance of Hate, no gloams in Act 4, and no OKs or gloams in the WSK.

That changed in the Throne, of course. Dolls, vampires, and Gloams. But slow-going, with Berzerk instead of Whirlwind, made it pretty safe. And taunt > gloams any day of the week.

I realize, now, that I've described the trip down to the Throne, and skipped the Ancients. That's 'cause they went down so fast and easy, I didn't require a single juvvie... a definite first for me. I rolled them once, but got cursed. Rolled them again, and got nothing particularly scary. One was physical immune, but berzerk set him straight. The whole thing took less than two minutes.

OK, so back to the Throne. The minions weren't any more threatening than the Ancients... sort of felt like I was on Normal difficulty. No juvvies, once again... well, OK, one for the merc. Baal also was quick and easy... three minutes or so. Merc's Kelpie taught him some manners, and then I zerked him to a crap-dropping pulp (well, OK, he did drop a Credendum, but nothing really exciting).

Hellforge: just a lum. Ho hum.

Other interesting finds: in the WSK, a frenzytaur boss dropped me a Messerschmidt's Reaver, which was one I needed for my grail.

Anyway, Whirlyskunk was lots of fun. I suppose he'll be retired now, while I try to get an Assassin to guardian... I have one in the works, but she is a retired tournament character, and might be too cripped to have a real shot.

STATS:

Whirlwind damage (without battle command on): 2616-4535.
Berzerk damage (without battle command on): 3150-5332.

Character name : Whirlyskunk
Character type : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 80 (just a hair away from 81)

Strength : 142
Energy : 10
Dexterity : 94
Vitality : 249

Life : 1488 / 1169
Mana : 215 / 89
Stamina : 928 / 395

GEAR:

Sharp Grand Charm (x3, with various second mods)
Serpent's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm of Vita (x3)
Toxic Small Charm of Vita
Smoking Small Charm of Strength

Immortal King's Set, socketed as follows:

Helm: Rusty Jewel of Virility, and a rare jewel with 29% ED and +3 mana per kill
Maul: Silver Jewel of Fervor (x2)
Armor: I put a socket in it in act 5 hell, but plowed through act 5 so quickly I never had a chance to put anything in it :cool:

And...

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x31afaafa
+15 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Shadow Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0xb3bd251
+21 to Strength
4% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Chain Lightning on attack

Stone Knot
Ring
Required Level: 66
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x9155de3a
+17 to Strength
+5 to Life
+26 to Mana
+109 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius

On Switch:

Echoing Balanced Knife of Swiftness
Throw Damage: 6 to 11
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 8
Quantity: 160
Required Dexterity: 51
Dagger Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xb2b4f705
30% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Echoing Military Pick
One-Hand Damage: 7 to 11
Required Dexterity: 33
Required Strength: 49
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xd3014afe

Mercenary Items :

Duriel's Shell
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Kelpie Snare

Originally posted by TheRebel22 on Sep 19, 2010:

Guardian TheGeneral*

**His name was SpearBarbQin (like, barb-b-q with a spear? Roasting monsters? Hehe it was a spur of the moment decision as I was originally going to be a spear-barb), but I renamed him after Baal.

However, GRISU hooked me up with the FULL IK-Set. Most of the props for this accomplishment have to go to him for giving me all of my gear. Without that this probably wouldn't have happened.

This is my first ever Single-Player Guardian, and I did it on HC which makes it even more special to me. I've also never played Barbarians much before, so a lot of credit goes to everyone on this forum and the barb forum for giving me advice on how to play. Big ups to Nightfish for his Beserker Guide especially. This was a WW-barb, but his emphasis of War Cry really inspired me to utilize that skill as well -- which turned out to be a great benefit.

Enough with all the mushy stuff, here's how it went down:

Stats
Stength: 238
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 237
Energy: 10

W/ gear

Strength: 283
Dexterity: 62
Vitality: 237
Energy: 12

I had 3400 life, UNTIL I killled baal, was looking at this circlet, which happens to be SWEET (+2 druid skills, 20fcr) so I had to drop two grand charms, I go to town, stash it, come back down, and while picking up my charm, it takes me to the cinematic screen. So I just lost 70hp worth of charms and 13resist all. I was SO pissed.

Gear

Armor: Immortal King's Soul Cage
Helm: Immortal King's Will
Weapon: Immortal King's Stone Crusher
Gloves: Immortal King's Forge
Belt: Immortal King's Detail
Boots: Immortal King's Pillar

Amulet: Highlord's Wrath (also given by Grisu)

Ring: Ravenfrost (179/15 -- self-found)
Ring: Wraith Turn (Crafted caster ring, lol, 10% fcr, 6% ll, +2energy, +20mana, +6 resist all)
(For most of the game I used angelic ring/ammy until hell a3).

My merc used:

Armor: Upp'ed Duriels Shell.
Helm: Tal Rasha's Mask
Weapon: Thresher Infinity (499max dmg.)

Skills

Warcries: prereq's
20 Battle Orders
9 War Cry

Combat Masteries: 20 Mace Mastery
1 each for Increased Speed, Increased Stamina
2 each for Iron Skin, Natural Resistance

Combat Skills: prereq's
20 Whirlwind (Main skill)
11 Beserk

Gameplay

My game play was very well.. odd.. I did a lot of different things and had many different ideas about how to play this build. First I was going to build a spear-barb. Then, I was going to build an Gold-Find Barb. For most of the game I used whatever IK-set gear I could and a Hone Sundan with 2 shaels and an amn in it. My merc had on Kelpie Snare and some topaz-socketed breast plate/great helm until level 76. I used Howl and Taunt A LOT throughout NM, but once I got to wear the full IK-set I respecced to the skills I have now and gave him the Hone Sundan. However, I soon made the switch to Insight once I found a 4os Thresher (elite polearm). THIS was one of the best moves I made for this character. At first I was just making it for my necro, and since it did 500dmg I would use until my necro could get high enough. Well, it turned out this was priceless. I can't tell you how many times the meditation aura saved me when I was mana-burned or fighting unleachables. It basically made for infinite-ww/beserk no matter the circumstances. That means I could do 30 super short, super fast WW's on hell meph at p7 and get the kill without thinking about mana. That also means that when I got mana-burned I could wait 1 second, or instantly be able to cast War Cry, stun the enemies for 4 seconds, regain a lot of my mana, WW and if I could leech, have a full bulb again just like that.

My game-plan for all battles was basically this: Run up, WW. If there's no problem, just kill them. If there is a problem or I thought it might be dangerous to WW through packs, War Cry became my savior. I guarantee that I would have died if I hadn't invested points in War Cry, I cannot emphasize the importance of that skill in my success. And, with Insight, I could War Cry as many times as I wanted despite it's steep mana cost. So, I run up, got mana-burned 'oh ****!!', run away for a sec, run back next to merc and War Cry, stun, Hit hit hit with Beserk, Stun, Hit hit hit, Stun, Stun Stun. A tactic that I really liked doing that helped control the pack was: Run up to the first monster, see others coming that might be dangerous, SPAM War Cry and as they all get close enough, the whole pack that was spread out, they're all stunned. Now I can WW through them, Stun again. WW/Stun/WW/Stun. After 2 or 3 Whirls everything except bosses was dead, so this worked great.

Once I got into Hell I did a lot of pit-runs and countess runs which didn't net me anything. Then I powered through act1-3 to get to Meph/Council. On my 3rd council run I spotted this baby:

My first ever Jah!! That's the highest rune I've ever found. Then I went on a spree and probably did 100 Hell Meph runs at p5/p7. I netted a lot of decent uniques, like the Ravenfrost, and what I thought was a great find at the time: Ormus's Robes. It had 15%cold, 14%light which to me was soo awesome, and it had a cold skill synergy - ice bolt for Frozen Orb. I was like hell yeah!! Apparently, it ain't worth jack. *angry* lol

Anyways, I said today I wanted to Guardian this dude and get it over with. I decided not to risk anything and did a4/a5 on p1. a4 and diablo were cake. I think I killed Diablo in 4 WW's. a5 was cake up until the Frozen River. First spawn were gloams, which I thought 'let's see if we can get a new spawn, nah, I can take 'em, let's do it!' 3 WW's in to fighting these gloams/succubus things I got amped/mass lightning'd and reduced to 500hp, I probably would have died by the end of the whirl, but I s&e very quickly with my heart pounding. Respawn was easy, ancients were easy, in WSK gloams, respawn, owning up until somehow this pack of succubi and those big desert things with like 4 arms (I can't remember name) somehow reduce me to super-low life so I s&e. Minions were cake, spammed war cry, took out lister, then took em out 1 by 1 with the rest stunned. WAR CRY OWNS.

Conclusion

I definitely enjoyed playing this character, and learned a lot about playing D2 in this experience. I realized early on that I really never knew how to fully play and utilize all the resources available to me when I was playing on Bnet. With SPHC, I had to gut out every inch of the way with everything I had. That meant going slow a lot of the time until I got accustomed to what I could do, and what was really dangerous.

Thank you especially to Grisu for helping me out with the gear, and everyone else on here that has given me advice. Even people that haven't given any advice to anyone, just this whole forum makes SP a lot better, imo. It's like having people to play with, even though you're playing by yourself.

Originally posted by @Darkoooo on Nov 16, 2008:

Guardian #7, Auerus the GF Frenzy Barb

Normal & Nightmare

He changed many weapons through the game, at first Envy setup, followed by dual wielding Bladebones, switched to Bonesnap at lvl 24 and put Skystrike for CS (250 max light damage ftw!), after CS he frenzied with dual bloodletters. Lvl 39 meant dual Butcher’s, followed by an upped Butcher’s and a rare Naga (30 IAS, 230 ED, Fools) which he wore during all Nightmare and early Hell. There weren’t really any problems, except CS where I didn’t want to risk frenzying.

Act 1 & 2
This screenshot says it all.

Act 3
First act where I had some serious trouble dealing with PIs. Reaper’s broke all of them, but I was barely hurting those ghostlike creatures. And when they spawned with nasty mods it wasn’t a pretty site, had to S&E once to prevent a death (lvl 2 flayer dungeon, around the first corner extra fast boss pack of ghosts (didn’t catch the other mods) with some flayers boss pack, they killed my merc very fast and came after me, I tried to fall back but there was no place to go, tried to tp out but it was too late and they got me surrounded and I was out of juves).

Act 4
Put on Gimmershreds for Chaos Sanctuary. Didn’t want to take any chances and double throwed my way through all those OKs. Merc got fried more times than I can remember but I can afford it now. It took about an hour, big D was a piece of cake. Spoke to Tyrael, he opened the portal, I entered and... there’s no and, I got an error for putting the -ns command. It didn’t save big D so I said screw that and asked Toni to rush me through CS.

Act 5
Ghosts spawned in two areas but Reaper’s took care of that. Oks spawned only in Throne in a very small number. Waves ez. Baal ez. Pew pew, I own.

Aureus LCS

Stats:
Strength: 116
Dexterity: 24

Vitality: 345
Energy: Base

Skills:
Max Frenzy, BO,
17 in Mastery (rest in this), 12 Nat res, 10 Find Item
1 BC, 1 Battle Cry, 1 Increased speed

Equipment:
Helm: Arreat’s
Amulet: The Cat’s Eye
Weapon: Death Cleaver (Shael)

Weapon2: Rune Master (Amn, Eth, Eth, 2x ED jewels)
Armor: Duriel’s
Gloves: LoH/Drac’s
Belt: M’avina’s (for the ml)
Boots: Gores
Ring1: Rare (Dex, str, ll, res)
Ring2: Raven Frost

Switch: Echoing glaive + Demon Limb

Merc – Hazade – Might merc
Helm: Vampire Gaze
Armor: EDuriel’s
Weapon: EBonehew/Reaper’s

Finds:
NM HF – Sol
Hell HF – Ist (only one more Ist til the CtA!!!)
NM Lister – Arreat’s
Hell Flayer Jungle – Carrion Crest coronet (+1 druid skills, 20 frw, 39 life, 5 ll, 2 sockets)

Plans:
Travincal. He’s due for a serious change of equipment (only the weapons remain) and I believe he’ll be just fine. Haven’t tried him yet but I will do it soon.

Impressions:
Since it isn’t a fully synergized Frenzy barb and I had stretched stat points I didn’t have the full experience. Nevertheless it proved to be quite fast but not so safe, if Drac’s didn’t proc the life tap he’d be dead in some situations.

Originally posted by Jaago on Nov 18, 2007:

Guardian Panzerkampfer

Eight brave warriors once entered the Blood Moor wanting to free the world from Prime Evils. Three of the warriors got tired of the journey, four of them met their demise in the dangerous dungeons. Only one completed the journey and stayed alive.

My first guardian. He was one of the untwinked HCWF gang that me, LprMan, poops, Darkoooo, EasyGijs, Online, inSTAALed and DaveW played via MP every weekend. As you can guess, none of the others made in the end. inSTAALed, Online and EasyGijs couldn't keep up and DaveW, Darkoooo, poops and, in the end, Lpr got their characters killed along the way.

Here are stats and combat skills. And here is Baal's quest drop. :rolleyes:

Items:

Code:
Darksight Helm
Basinet
Defense: 79
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 38
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x43d44a79
Fire Resist +25%
5% Mana stolen per hit
-4 to Light Radius
Cannot Be Frozen
6% Chance to cast Level 3 Dim Vision when struck
Level 5 Cloak of Shadows (30/30 Charges)
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Amulet of Life Everlasting
Fingerprint: 0x2026e9cb
Damage Reduced by 25

Passion
Phase Blade
'DolOrtEldLem'
One-Hand Damage: 80 to 91
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x881cdb00
+160% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Berserk
+1 to Zeal
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Hit Blinds Target +10
75% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Honor
Berserker Axe
'AmnElIthTirSol'
One-Hand Damage: 71 to 193
Durability: 25 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Required Level: 64
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xa3600377
+10 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Deadly Strike
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Lionheart
Wire Fleece
'HelLumFal'
Defense: 467
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 94
Required Level: 53
Item Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x11d822cc
+25 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+50 to Life
+20% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Soul Grip
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 52
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 57
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x3a4cecf5
+17 to Life
+31% Enhanced Defense
2% Life stolen per hit
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Increased Attack Speed
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 108
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x4ef0660
+166% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
Damage Reduced by 11%
8% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Brimstone Track
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 10
Kick Damage: 8 to 16
Required Strength: 50
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0xa623da5b
Lightning Resist +30%
Cold Resist +24%
71% Extra Gold from Monsters
20% Faster Run/Walk
+0 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Scintillating Ring of Ice Blast
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x974c51c0
All Resistances +15
Level 3 Ice Blast (27/27 Charges)

Bitter Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x351a18b
+15 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +13%
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius

Echoing War Sword of Fire Bolt
One-Hand Damage: 8 to 20
Durability: 44 of 44
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 71
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xafaccebc
Level 4 Fire Bolt (30/30 Charges)

Echoing Glaive of Slaughter
Throw Damage: 16 to 42
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 37
Quantity: 40
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 52
Javelin Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xb6074967
+20 to Maximum Damage

And an assorted selection of lousy charms.

Build:

Panzerkampfer is a Frenzy Barb. Max Frenzy, Taunt and BO. Ten or so in War Cry. A few in Shout, Natural Resist and Double Swing. One in the usuals, sword Mastery, Axe Mastery, Hork and Leap Attack.

Gameplay:

Usually: BO, WC, hit, hit, hit, WC, hit, hit, hit, WC, hit, hit, hit, ... WC, hit, hit, hit, WC, Melanthe comes and kills the monster, Hork, Hork, BO.

Against Baal: BO, hit x 10,000,000

Random Rant:

Big thanks to Sint for playing Panzerkampfer that one time. I'm indebted.

Not the most powerful build untwinked but it was great fun in good company. Very safe with over 3k life and a decent War Cry. I really learned to appreciate War Cry with this guy.

I did have NDE's. Probably more than anyone else. I remember at least NM Pitspawn Fouldog who got me to just a sliver of life pretty fast, Hell Chaos Sanctuary when IM'ed and Hell Tresh Socket. There were about 10 overall, I think. (Noobie's luck for me to get to guardian, I admit.)

Best find: Horked Pierre Tombale Couant Partizan.

I've never had as much fun playing D2 before in my life. Thanks to everybody I had the honor to play with. Especially to Lpr for hosting and the whole concept.

Originally posted by @Kitteh on Aug 20, 2019:

Guardian #19 - Stonewall - Private Frazer gets into a Frenzy

If anybody, just one person, gets the reference in the title it will make my damned year :p @Thyiad ? I'm not calling you old, but maybe you will? *looks adorable*

Stonewall is a frenzy barb wielding two great big Doombringer swords, which by the way, are still sexy swords. Originally he was supposed to be a concentrate barbarian in the untwinked 99er tournament but I'm too indecisive on my choice of build, so that is on the back burner. Thus, Stonewall became a frenzy barb. His name is a reference to the Stonewall pub, which most people will have heard of given that we just had Pride month. He started off with Death's set (such fun!) before swapping to dual rfits, then dual lightsabres and finally his doombringers. He was so much fun to play and I fully intend to revisit with a Grief variant at a later date :) He also found a trap skiller in nightmare, but that was his only good drop apart from a 43@res ST, which naturally had two sockets. I did get a lot of annoyance from the bug with CA and arctic blast etc, which I don't think I normally get so bad. Really annoying... I have a new monitor, but that is the only difference.

As for the next guardian? Who knows, I still need to decide. My blade furysin, Monolizumab, is still in normal. I will just see what I fancy :D

Code:
Name:       Stonewall
Class:      Barbarian
Experience: 917710234
Level:      83

Naked/Gear
Strength:   135/168
Dexterity:  75/140
Vitality:   290/290
Energy:     10/10
HP:         1339/1575
Mana:       92/132
Stamina:    439/459
Defense:    18/2166
AR:         360/181598

Fire:       173/133/73
Cold:       157/117/57
Lightning:  158/118/58
Poison:     138/98/38

MF:         0       Block:      18
GF:         0
FR/W:       63
FHR:        30
IAS:        80
FCR:        25

Code:
Bash: 1/5
Leap: 0/0
Double Swing: 20/24
Stun: 0/0
Double Throw: 1/5
Leap Attack: 0/0
Concentrate: 0/0
Frenzy: 20/24
Whirlwind: 0/0
Berserk: 0/0

Sword Mastery: 20/22
Axe Mastery: 0/0
Mace Mastery: 0/0
Pole Arm Mastery: 0/0
Throwing Mastery: 0/0
Spear Mastery: 0/0
Increased Stamina: 1/3
Iron Skin: 1/3
Increased Speed: 1/3
Natural Resistance: 1/3

Howl: 1/3
Find Potion: 1/3
Taunt: 3/5
Shout: 1/3
Find Item: 1/3
Battle Cry: 0/0
Battle Orders: 20/22
Grim Ward: 0/0
War Cry: 0/0
Battle Command: 1/3

Code:
Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xcf4e35ba
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+236 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

The Cat's Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x29813cce
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+100 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+25 to Dexterity

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 153
Durability: 33 of 34
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x16a57ca5
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+185% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 333
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x6a287bd2
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
+176% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +45
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Rune Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x811d78bc
+77 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
4% Mana stolen per hit
+6 to Strength
Fire Resist +18%

Fortitude
Archon Plate
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1452
Durability: 57 of 60
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xc33a4829
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+103 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 81
Fingerprint: 0x2dd1f3d0
Item Level: 83
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Steel Small Charm of Lightning
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xb8e025a3
Item Level: 81
+33 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 10 Lightning Damage

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xcf855ffd
Cold Resist +11%

Steel Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x645a1e2b
+66 to Attack Rating
+27 to Life

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x18b81012
+34 to Attack Rating

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x63833817
Cold Resist +11%

Steel Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd28b08c2
+29 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength

Steel Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x39aa3518
Item Level: 72
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+32 to Attack Rating

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1aef1095
Cold Resist +10%

Cobalt Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x8dcb5a80
+18 to Life
Cold Resist +9%

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa09023da
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Emerald Small Charm of Venom
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6863a595
Adds 15 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Poison Resist +11%

Emerald Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xeac64511
Poison Resist +11%

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xba599f43
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +11%

Amber Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4286b7ae
Lightning Resist +11%

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb77c6893
+34 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe3e6ab2f
+35 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xfa1cecaa
+33 to Attack Rating

Steel Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x9f369e17
+125 to Attack Rating
+5 to Strength

Amber Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2decdff2
Lightning Resist +11%

Steel Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x597bc6d3
+130 to Attack Rating

Steel Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc8373211
+127 to Attack Rating

Amber Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8a732532
+10 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7d37c187
+122 to Attack Rating
+21 to Life

Sapphire Small Charm of Incineration
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb1e9261d
Adds 7 - 10 Fire Damage
Cold Resist +11%

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9bb77838
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x106979d5
Item Level: 13

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 112
Fingerprint: 0x6c2c9951
6% Life stolen per hit
+178% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
+10 Maximum Durability

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 35%
Replenishes Health 35%

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Echoing Harpoon
Harpoon
Throw Damage: 18 - 54
One Hand Damage: 13 - 35
Quantity: 80
Required Dexterity: 118
Fingerprint: 0x6ce780c3
Item Level: 93

Echoing Harpoon
Harpoon
Throw Damage: 18 - 54
One Hand Damage: 13 - 35
Fingerprint: 0xbaa64cd6

Doombringer
Champion Sword
One Hand Damage: 102 - 262
Two Hand Damage: 243 - 349
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 163
Required Dexterity: 103
Fingerprint: 0x991d9d33
8% Chance to cast level 3 Weaken on striking
Indestructible
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 100 Damage
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Life 20%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Shael Rune
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Doombringer
Champion Sword
One Hand Damage: 113 - 287
Two Hand Damage: 277 - 388
Durability: 33 of 40
Required Strength: 163
Fingerprint: 0xe336c87
8% Chance to cast level 3 Weaken on striking
Indestructible
248% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 100 Damage
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Life 20%
1 Sockets (1 used)

Shael Rune

Code:
Mercenary:

Name:       Hazade
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 69465962
Level:      83
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   183/213
Dexterity:  147/147
HP:         1687/1808
Defense:    1245/2121
AR:         1889/1889

Fire:       182/142/82
Cold:       212/172/112
Lightning:  182/142/82
Poison:    182/142/82

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 659
Durability: 146 of 150
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc4bee529
Item Level: 59
+174% Enhanced Defense
+103 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+38 to Life
+83 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Perfect Ruby
Required Level: 18
Weapons: Adds 15 - 20 Fire Damage
Armor: +38 to Life
Shields: Fire Resist +40%

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 34 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0xf13f5db0
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (1 used)

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 36 - 425
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0xf6df256f
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
202% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (29 Frames)
15% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
1 Sockets (1 used)

Shael Rune

Originally posted by Milb on Jul 15, 2006:

My First Ever Guardian!

Presenting my first ever Guardian, Toimli the Barbarian! :jig:

Toimli is completely untwinked, and followed the rules of 'The Tournament of the Ring', ie, no muling on at all, so no extended ATMA stash. Was played at players8 for all of normal, and players1 for almost the rest of the way.

I found him extremely safe from about level 40 onwards when I managed to get Warcry to a good level. I also made sure that from about Act 1 NM he had max resists and it stayed that way right until the end.

Unfortunately, I have no good NDE stories to tell, I played him safely throughout and only got close once when Bartuc spawned FE and LE on a NM Baalrun and took my health down quite a bit. :cool:

The vast majority of my levelling was done on normal and NM Baalruns, due to the nature of the tournament I spent many hours killing Baal, usually for little gain, and I still need to run him now on Hell to complete him.

Now for the stats:

LCS (without Venom)

Skills:

20 Frenzy
5 Double Swing
1 Berserk
1 Leap Attack
+ Prerequisites

20 Battle Orders
12 Warcry
2 Taunt
+ Prerequisites

20 Axe Mastery
1 Natural Res
1 Increased Speed
+ Prerequisites

Gear:

Rockstopper (Hell Meph)
Angelic Amulet (NM Andy)
Treachery Wire Fleece (Countess/Hell Hellforge)
Razors Edge - 'Amn' (NM Baal)
Islestrike (NM Meph)
Angelic Ring (NM Meph)
Raven Frost (Gambled) 😁
Rare Boots - 30 FRW, 37 Light res, 19 Poison res, 5 dex, 14 mf (Gambled)
Laying of Hands (NM Baal)
IK Belt (Hell Andy)

Assorted charms with ar, minor res, life, frw and mf

Merc (Holy Freeze):

Stealskull (Random Hell monster)
Rattlecage (Normal monster)
Reapers Toll (Hell Diablo)

Any questions then please ask!

Thanks to Sint for hosting the tournament, and also to Ash Housewares' excellent Frenzy Barb guide!

Thanks for reading!
Milb

Originally posted by nermind on May 20, 2009:

Guardian VA - 1.07 dagger-axe Frenzy Barb

Hello and welcome to the first thread of my own on these forums, reader 👋
I figured out, this might be worth wrighting as i couldn`t find any 1.07 characters in the guardian build compilation (probably there wasn`t nothing mentioned about version next to the name)

First of all, this is my very first guardian (actually he took my sorc who was too fragile to face Baal on her own to guardian as well), and when i think about it - I`ve never even Matted/Patted a character in my (not so long) SC days - so even with all the older version haXoring (which has become quite common these days) this feels like quite an accomplishment to me :) The only thing I regret is not guardianing a tourney character in the first place as I had originally planned (got carried away by 1.07 :))

***The background***
It actually took me about half year (my D2 time being quite limited) to get here and about 6 dead characters (with a couple 80+ ones with few decent items like 1.07 Arkaines), quite a lot of premium D2 cheese like MPing via modified .dll and some hellforge rushing (although it all being accepted by these forums so don`t blame me - those were you who inspired me:))

***The name***
You might wonder what does "VA" mean? Nothing, really. "V" symbolises a Roman number which means that character is taken from hellforge rushee set number 5 xD While "A" means that its the first character from that set (A-G). Its all about organisation :p

***The character***
A picture!
Probably the strangest weapon setup with the lowest damage you have ever seen on a frenzy barbarian beating the game (and thats including lvl 30 enchant (with same lvl fire mastery, which turned out to be somewhat bugged - probably fire mastery doesn`t work when enchant is cast on another character - damage is way lower than in the skill description of my enchantress). More on that later.

Full info from ATMA (as the only set/unique/runeword I`m using is Rattlecage and a runeword you probably never heared about - see offhand weapon):
Code:
Character name  : VA
Character type  : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 75
Character exp   : 447223269

Strength        : 30 (76)
Energy          : 10
Dexterity       : 45 (55)
Vitality        : 385
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life            : 2228/5213 (after BO from a BO-slave)
Mana            : 120/280
Stamina         : like someone cares

Gold (Inventory): 635215
Gold (Stash)    : 0

Number of Items : 40

1: Prefix 1158 Jawbone Visor of the Whale
Defense: 59
Durability: 25 of 25
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 58
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x917fae9
+207 to Life
+1 to Frenzy (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Whirlwind (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

Perfect Ruby
Inserted into a Jawbone Visor

+38 to Life

Perfect Ruby

+38 to Life

Perfect Ruby

+38 to Life

2: Skull Greaves
Boots
Defense: 2
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x21088de
Fire Resist +26%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +7%
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

3: Skull Clutches
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 120
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x2d36fb2d
+22 to Life
+18 to Mana
+82% Enhanced Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
10% Increased Attack Speed
8% Chance of Crushing Blow

4: Grim Buckle
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 30
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x5c5aba1f
+16 to Strength
+40 to Life
+18 to Mana
Fire Resist +16%
Lightning Resist +28%
Attacker Takes Damage of 5

5: Rune Master
Ring
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x58db9b8c
+15 to Strength
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +27%
Cold Resist +11%
5% Life stolen per hit
33% Extra Gold from Monsters

7: Ring of the Giant
Fingerprint: 0x11cff5f9
+15 to Strength
Lightning Resist +30%

8: Large Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x7564f717
8% Faster Hit Recovery

9: Large Charm of Balance
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x2e8ba218
8% Faster Hit Recovery

10: Rattlecage
Gothic Plate
Defense: 329
Required Strength: 70
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x242afafa
+38 to Life
+45 to Attack Rating
+200 Defense
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 49%
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Perfect Ruby
Inserted into a Gothic Plate

+38 to Life

11: Large Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x3232093e
8% Faster Hit Recovery

12: Large Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x10d3df8f
8% Faster Hit Recovery

13: Prefix 1014 Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1b0be2c0
Cold Resist +17%

14: Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x579c334d
12% Faster Hit Recovery

15: Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x137ed770
12% Faster Hit Recovery

16: Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x774f59d8
12% Faster Hit Recovery

17: Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x4ab658cb
12% Faster Hit Recovery

18: Prefix 1023 Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x152101d
Cold Resist +8%

19: Prefix 1022 Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x14cd6257
Cold Resist +6%

20: Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x20e84fef
+13 to Life

21: Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x7e00217c
+12 to Life

22: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x6defc20d
+19 to Life

23: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x2cf61022
+17 to Life

24: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x5762d0cb
+22 to Life

25: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x4fbfa9d
+21 to Life

26: Prefix 1022 Small Charm of Craftmanship
Fingerprint: 0x51a9de9b
+1 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +6%

27: Amulet of the Squid
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x54c348d5
+72 to Life
Fire Resist +23%
Lightning Resist +24%
Cold Resist +27%
Poison Resist +39%

35: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x645c3d4b
+22 to Life

39: Deception
Kris
'KoDolEth'
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 11
Required Dexterity: 45
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x45278594
+10 to Dexterity
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 32%
-25% Target Defense

Ko Rune
Inserted into a Kris

+10 to Dexterity

Dol Rune
Inserted into a Kris

Hit Causes Monster to Flee 32%

Eth Rune
Inserted into a Kris

-25% Target Defense

40: Prefix 1064 War Axe of Quickness
'ShaeShaeEthUm'
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 18
Required Strength: 67
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x2f86728c
Lightning Resist +8%
40% Increased Attack Speed
40% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Shae Rune
Inserted into a War Axe

Shae Rune
Inserted into a War Axe

Eth Rune
Inserted into a War Axe

-25% Target Defense

Um Rune
Inserted into a War Axe

Deception

Resistances: 75/75/75/36

Skills: 20 in frenzy, Iron skin and BO (which in the end wasn't needed), 13 in Natural resistance and 6 in Increased speed. Prerequisites ofcourse.
I had more skill points than i needed so I chose most useful of not-so-useful skills :)

Mercenary : none (having an extra target for Baal`s bugged attack that might hit me as well didn`t seem like a good idea)

Keep in mind that all the setup was designed only for one fight - there was no Normal/Nightmare gameplay of any kind (sorry to dissapoint those who were expecting that) - after leveling to 52 thanx to 3 Ancient quest rewards, he leeched most of the exp standing in Bloody Foothills next to entrance in Harrogath.

***Hell Baal***
Little info - as some of you might know his mana burn attack deals 512 - 544 (5% chance to double) magic damage every 5 frames and lasts 20 frames. So this is (in theory - if hes really lucky:)) up to 4352 damage in less than second. If your hit recovery is longer than 4 frames, you`re killed instantly.
As you can see all the gear is extremely cheap (I used only items I "can afford" to lose) as i was never really sure if that will work (most valuable probably being runes socketed into weapons which might seem like a complete waste to some of you).
Well, it worked, at least this time -I only lost ~1/3 of my hitpoints during the mana burn attacks. Extra hp really doesn`t hurt as the game isn`t perfectly synchronised when MPing, even when its done on one computer (at least so it seems to me).
Baal went down in about half minute in 2 players game (monster hit points being increased by 100% for every extra player in 1.07), but my offhand weapon was at 1/24 durability after the fight :) it really shocked me how fast weapons can lose their durability...

***The Build***
Things i was thinking about building him:
-hit recovery (90%, 86 is the needed breakpoint for Barbs)
-hitpoints (doh!)
-crushing blow (after a little testing, it seems to me it even scales up with players in 1.07)
-fast attack
-slowing down Baal (although i had 50% slow he still teleported a couple of times, but didn`t clone himself)
--X% Target Defense (its bugged in 1.07, in case of -25% setting monsters defense to "-25%" instead of "75%")

Psn damage and open wounds (see weapons) were just a little extra comfort (there are no psn&elemental dmg charms in 1.07)

The obove list should explain why the build is so weird:
*no high damage elite weapons to get every of those vitality points available.
*Deception in a kris, as that was the only decent source of slow (50%!) available for me. The reuneword actually had a set of mods one could only dream about when facing Baal - it also has the great -25% Target Defense as well as some poison damage!
Too bad this weapon turned out to be bugged in a bad way - after ANY switching of gear (including weapon switch or any charms) character acted as if he had no weapon in hand where this runeword was (no damage, no poison, no slow effect, Frenzy doesn`t work as well). This was the reason I used another Barb to buff BO (as i couldn`t use prebuff items).
*Shael-Shael-Eth-Um War axe of quickness - low requirements (see about hitpoints above), 5 frame frenzy according to german calculator (have no idea if that was actually true in-game, but it seemed fast enough for me who hadn`t played a frenzy barb before), Eth - see above, Um - the most useful thing i could think of to put in the last free socket.
*more than half of inventory filled with cheap charms for hit recovery

I used the only 2 sources of CB i had - Rattlecage and greater crafted blood gloves with a low (8% CB) roll, having more would let me kill Baal much faster.

BTW - it would be nice to hear any advice on how to prevent Baal from teleporting (and probably cloning) - 50% slow alone is not enough, but Reapers is not an option as isn`t cold damage with decent lenght - as there are no elemental charms in 1.07.

***Thanks to...***
Guardian ccI (lvl 93 static/FO sorc) for clearing out throne room and minions
Conqueror IVD (lvl 55 BO slave) for his BO
Conqueror eeI (lvl 52 enchantress) for her (ridiculously weak) enchant
Conqueror VG (lvl 76 static/Blizz sorc) for kind help in leveling :)

And of course these forums for all the great info! :)

(feel free to laugh at the character names)

Future plans (first that come to mind):
-Guardianing a couple more characters
-leveling up ccI some more in Hell cows (aiming for level 96)
-some more racking
-building my first goldfinder Barb
in any order xD

Thanx for reading :)

Originally posted by Nightfish on Jun 12, 2005:

Guardian #13 / 49

Oops I did it again... :D Well, here's another fishy guardian, and another one I'm very happy with because he turned out just great, despite him being my go at this build. Presenting Minsc, the frenzy barb.

As usual I've taken pictures for you to look at rather than taking ages to write everything out. So, looky here:

Status Screen:
Minsc_-_Stats.jpg

Skill Tabs:
Minsc_-_Combat_Masteries.jpg

Minsc_-_Combat_Skills.jpg

Minsc_-_Warcry_Skills.jpg

Collage of Inventory & Items
Minsc_-_Inventory.jpg

Mr. Might Merc
Minsc_-_Mercenary.jpg

So, now for some ranting. Skills first:

As you see I maxed frenzy and sword mastery and none of the synergies. Why? Well, frenzy gives IAS as well as damage and AR so that's a no brainer. Sword mastery gives damage and AR as well as critical strike - which I didn't really need due to about 50% deadly strike on my other gear. Still I chose sword mastery since I needed the AR boost. I chose not to max synergies because I already had plenty of skill ED, especially vs undead and demons so another 160% for 20 points wouldn't have done much. The rest is pretty much elementary, battle orders helps me stay alive, shout did that too but only to a very minor extent due to my low defence armour. (shaftstop) I mainly maxed that because I didn't need anything else.

The one point wonders I used on this build deserve mentioning, too. I got Berserk just before I entered the chaos sanctuary in hell and it proved helpful there. (was zerking with a Ribcracker there, just fyi ;)) Leap attack helped me hop around from act 3 hell onwards. And saved my ass at least once when I got stuck in a very huge pile of extra fast, cursed, fanatatic monsters. But the title of best skill evar goes to HOWL. Yes, howl. People really underestimate this. Whenever I met 3 or more boss packs I'd just send the minions scrambling and would pick appart the remaining bosses with ease, even when they had all the damage enhancing mods and overlapping auras you can think of.

Now the Itamz:

As you can see I used somewhat uncommon weapons, 2 Upgraded Vile Husks. Why? Well, for one the damage is decent for a frenzy weapon but that's not the main thing. The 6% ctc Amp Damage go off pretty often and that alone would probably be enough for me to pick this but the main thing I was after was the ED and AR vs undead. It's 630% ED at level 83 which about doubles my damage (calcs later on ;)) and Minsc was really ripping through the unliving like nobody's buisness.

The rest of the gear is pretty obvious, Gore Rider & Highlords for Deadly Strike, Laying of Hands for IAS and ED vs Demons, yada yada, you all know what these things do.

On switch I had ondal's wisdom, which was helpful for casting warcries and for howling stuff away. Also it boosted my defence up to about 10k which was nice when swamped and trying to howl my way out I guess. In the cube I had good old demon limb which brought my AR to about 10k.

Teh Damage:

So, let's take a quick peek at damage. My gear got me to the second to last BP, so he was swining at 5.5 frames, which equals 4.5 attacks per second. The LCS says it's about 734-2608, subtract the 250 poison which do nothing and you end up with a damage per attack of (just a rough estimate ;)):

vs normal enemies:
500-2350 physical damage
1000-4700 physical damage with deadly strike or amp damage
2000-9400 physical damage with deadly strike and amp damage

vs Demons:
650-3100 physical damage
1300-6200 physical damage with deadly strike or amp damage
2600-12400 physical damage with deadly strike and amp damage

vs Undead:
570-3700 physical damage
1140-7400 physical damage with deadly strike or amp damage
2280-15800 physical damage with deadly strike and amp damage

Player Settings:
Unlike all of my previous chars, this one went at p4 in hell the entire way up to the ancients. That allowed Amp damage to trigger more often and killing was still pretty fast. Especially with my IAS loaded mercenary who kept blasting static field at stuff. Oh yeah, a quick note on Mr. Merc: He died only a single time in hell: To iron maiden in the chaos sanctuary. Aside from that he never fell even though I wasn't baby sitting him too much.

Tactics:
As with all my chars, he ran where he wanted to go. And he ran *fast*. Very fast. o_O Gotta love frenzy speed. But of course there comes a time when a man has to stop running (because he's out of stamina)... Uh, no, wait, that wasn't right... ah yes, because he needs to fight. That's it. So, when fighting my usual strat was to hold down the RMB until stuff was dead. That worked just beautifully, even if it wasn't the most sophisticated playing style in the world. When the going got tough (i.e. 3+ boss packs converged on us) Minsc and I needed a better plan, though. Basically there's 3 options there:

1) Howl to get rid of a few monsters and just slice and dice the rest.
2) Leap attack next to my merc and do the back-to-back thing, very heroic
3) Leap attack into a narrow space and revert to cornered rat fighting style.

What we didn't do was run away. That's kinda not minsc's style. :)

Okay, time for final thoughts, this is becoming long again. Uh... Build was fun, no real danger anywhere, except for a few times when I got sloppy. There's not really much he had problems with. Mana burn is countered with blue pots, PIs are broken or zerked, being swarmed is countered with howl or leap attack, iron maiden is no problem when zerking. (it was fun in NM, though, I didn't have zerk yet and the passion weapon I wanted to make needed 10 more levels, I ended up frenzing vs OKs there. That was nerve wracking... Nearly killed myself once there.)

He is a pretty lucky bastard, though. Found me my third HC mara's, a baranar's star and an ist from the hellforge. And about 10 other uniques in hell that I didn't really need. Overall this was a moderately easy char, if pretty gear dependant. I think I managed to give him the "NF twist" which might make him stand out a little among your average frenzy barbs. Now he'll probably retire and go open a hamster farm or something.

Well, that concludes guardian #13, not sure who's up next for #14, I'm kinda burned out right now and I lack the items to play some of the more fun builds I still have in mind. Guess I'll have to MF some...

Thanks for reading people. If there's any questions, just asks ;)

Originally posted by @Pyrotechnician on Aug 15, 2014:

Guardian Death_Lord - Frenzy Barbarian

Ok next one, and then I’m out until I finish something else.

Guardian Death_Lord

This is a frenzy barbarian, the name of course comes from the super fun frenzytaurs found in the WSK that everyone knows and loves. This character was run through the game together with Goldtru and her Frozen Arrow/Strafe Amazon. We originally included Noodle and his Blizzard Sorceress in our play through, but at some point he got so far ahead of us that he made guardian on his own (that big jerk).

Stats/Skills:
Code:
Name:       Death_Lord
Experience: 990490064
Level:      84

Naked/Gear
Strength:   105/130
Dexterity:  45/82
Vitality:   355/355
Energy:     10/30
HP:         1601/1767
Mana:       93/133
Stamina:    505/565
Defense:    11/2140
AR:         210/13230

Fire:       142/102/42
Cold:       101/61/1
Lightning:  153/113/53
Poison:     101/61/1

MF:         0       Block:      9
GF:         100
FR/W:       30
FHR:        30
IAS:        155
FCR:        25

Bash: 1/9
Double Swing: 20/28
Double Throw: 1/9
Frenzy: 20/28

Sword Mastery: 0/0
Axe Mastery: 3/6
Increased Stamina: 1/4
Iron Skin: 1/4
Increased Speed: 1/4
Natural Resistance: 1/4

Howl: 1/4
Find Potion: 1/4
Taunt: 20/23
Shout: 1/4
Find Item: 1/4
Battle Cry: 1/4
Battle Orders: 20/23
Battle Command: 1/4

Gear:
Code:
Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 337
Durability: 52 of 55
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x55751206
Item Level: 64
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
6% Life stolen per hit
+179% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +30
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Jewel of Fervor

Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xcff1c1d9
Item Level: 72

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x29d30896
+235 to Attack Rating
+17 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Dwarf Star
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xde139b6d
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x65c58805
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
31% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 103
Durability: 20 of 22
Fingerprint: 0xec09dafc
7% Life stolen per hit
+152% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 14%
+10 Maximum Durability

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 147
Durability: 30 of 34
Fingerprint: 0x205d0615
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Deadly Strike
+173% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Fortitude
Wire Fleece
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1446
Durability: 24 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x7f20443b
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+126 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +29
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 87
Durability: 8 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x3447361e
Item Level: 94
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Echoing Balanced Knife
Balanced Knife
Throw Damage: 6 - 11
One Hand Damage: 1 - 8
Fingerprint: 0x4e7b3190
Item Level: 91

Echoing Balanced Knife of Replenishing
Balanced Knife
Throw Damage: 6 - 11
One Hand Damage: 1 - 8
Fingerprint: 0x3e4987dc
Item Level: 90
Replenishes quantity

Oath
Berserker Axe
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 174 - 513
Required Strength: 128
Required Dexterity: 49
Fingerprint: 0x30b203f1
Version: Expansion
30% Chance to cast level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Indestructible
+50% Increased Attack Speed
384% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+14 Magic Absorb
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Shael Rune

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Oath
Berserker Axe
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 157 - 464
Required Strength: 128
Required Dexterity: 49
Fingerprint: 0x77f77176
Version: Expansion
Indestructible
338% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+13 Magic Absorb
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Pul Rune

Shael Rune

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Inventory:
Code:
Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xea3338e7
Item Level: 13

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0xe23540b8
Item Level: 11

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0xb213b941
Item Level: 11

Jade Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x8ff2310c
Poison Resist +9%

Expert's Grand Charm of Maiming
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc6f95499
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Maximum Damage

Cobalt Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa28e59e4
Cold Resist +9%

Expert's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe4bdbfa7

Expert's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6758461d
Item Level: 66

Amber Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x35092e9e
+5 to Strength
Lightning Resist +26%

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf448dd0a
All Resistances +3

Key
Fingerprint: 0xbf1e1d9b
Item Level: 89

Merc:
Code:
Name:       Pratham
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 68794358
Level:      82
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   181/181
Dexterity:  145/145
HP:         1647/1707
Defense:    1217/1799
AR:         1874/1874

Fire:       161/121/61
Cold:       191/151/91
Lightning:  161/121/61
Poison:    161/121/61

Death Mask
Defense: 115
Durability: 15 of 20
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x901b96b1
Item Level: 71
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Treachery
Wyrmhide
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 467
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 84
Fingerprint: 0xfd6207c0
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

Shael Rune

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Lem Rune
Required Level: 43
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Crescent Moon
Thresher
ShaelUmTir
Two Hand Damage: 55 - 649
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x420f1a73
10% Chance to cast level 17 Chain Lightning on striking
7% Chance to cast level 13 Static Field on striking
208% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+9 Magic Absorb
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune

Shael Rune

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Build and Gear Progression:

Skills were pretty straightforward, maxed out frenzy and battle orders first, put one point in masteries as they became available and then maxed the two synergies for frenzy, double swing and taunt. Spare points are currently being sunk into Axe mastery. Stats were also the same as always, enough for end game gear in terms of strength/dex, none in energy, rest in vitality.

Gear starting out was also the same as always, a combination of Death/Beserkers/Angelic set pieces similar to my last barb. Once I reached level 30 I equipped a pair of bloodletters and used the free Whirlwind points for a while, from there I switched to Butcher’s Pupils, and then transitioned to an oath highland blade paired with either a lawbringer or a cresent moon highland blade dependent on what the situation called for at level 49. I finally reached my end game weapons at level 64 which were a pair of 1.07 oath Beserker Axes which were traded from frozzzen (thanks froz). Other gear was a random progression of mishmash melee gear, including venomgrips, string, gores, IK helm, Rockfleece then Toothrow for a while, which were replaced with the end game gear above as they became available. Charms are 3 combat skillers, and some random res charms. Damage charms are probably more effective, but eh, they just sit around otherwise.

Questing and Gameplay:

This run through pretty much was Goldtru and Noodle’s first dip into the HC MP scene. We originally started out questing together and then as stated above, Noodle went out on his own. Being the first HC playthrough for both of them, the trail was not without setbacks. I believe that Noodle deeded his original sorceress at some point and then re-made her. Goldtru’s zon also met an unfortunate end somewhere in Nightmare (not under my supervision) and was re-made (The original’s name was Cinderella, but the re-make was named Death_Wish, fitting for a first HC playthrough). It was pretty smooth sailing otherwise though, in most play sessions I would push forward and be the tank and Goldtru would keep everything frozen solid, not much gave us too much difficulty, other than Goldtru’s unfortunate death, but it gave me the opportunity to make a new character and run through the beginning of the game with her again (a sorceress that I may finish sometime…maybe).

I sometimes got too far ahead though as after frenzy was charged up I would be able to speed ahead pretty quick so I would sometimes have to remember that she didn’t have as much frw as I did. In terms of playing the barb though, it was pretty safe, I had decent life leach and decent damage output so there weren’t very many cases of having to fall back, and I got to run, and run fast! Most of the questing was done on higher psettings, but I believe we did the WSK/Baal on either P3 or P5 just to be on the safe side. We did run into a Death Lord pack on WSK Level 3 in Hell, and the boss was even physical immune and had a cool name Death Crawler The Slasher, so that was fun.

Interesting finds:

Goldtru got a Gul rune from her forge, so that was exciting. Don’t remember much else.

Future Plans:

Not too much, maybe trav runs or random multiplayer sessions.

Screenshots for your enjoyment:

Have quite a few this time…

Baal – Normal, Baal #2 - Normal, Plains of Despair – NM, Diablo Drop – NM, Baal - NM, Disappearing Baal - NM, Mephisto – Hell, Diablo Drop - Hell, Ancients – Hell, Minions - Hell, Baal – Hell, Baal #2 – Hell, Baal #3 – Hell, Baal #4 – Hell, Baal Death – Hell, Baal Drop – Hell, The End

Thanks for reading! Also, everyone should bother Goldtru and Noodle about how amazing their first HC experience was!

Originally posted by purplelocust on Sep 3, 2007:

Guardian Artie Lange, from Skunkbelly's Ultimate Tourney Sequel

Artie Lange the barbarian has defeated Baal and become Guardian, after a long convoluted path through many players.

A quick summary of Skunkbelly's Ultimate Tourney Sequel rules:

Equipment is scavenged during play, and each act one slot is filled and cannot be removed until all slots are full or unless a personalized item is used to replace it. Other gear is tossed at the beginning of each act, then those slots are filled with shopped, gambled or found gear. So gear from Act 1 and so on is used through the game. After each act, the characters are passed on to other players. So you aren't quite sure what other people had in mind and sometimes they head the character not in a good direction.

Artie's progress is described generally in the tourney thread, so this just really covers end of the last act. The players who played him along the way were:

Normal: A1 xDuckster A2 Gabriel74, A3 West Xylophone, A4 Hrus, A5 Hepcat
NM: A1 Zatlaren A2 Wolron A3 Waflob A4 kdawg A5 hepcat
Hell: A1 Butzull, A2 Purple Locust, A3 Waflob, A4 Waflob, A5 Purple Locust

Item saved from Act 1 Normal: Fortuitous Ring (Chosen by Gabriel74)(Crafted to Viper Coil ring by Waflob)
Item saved from Act 2 Normal: 2 socket helm, topaz/chipped Topaz (Chosen by West Xylophone) (Unsocketed by Butzull, Lore created by Butzull)
Item saved from Act 3 Normal: Hsarus' Iron Heel (Chosen by Hrus)
Item saved from Act 4 Normal: Demon Fist Rare Heavy Gloves (Chosen by Hepcat)
Item saved from Act 5 Normal: Ocher Plated Belt of Stability (Chosen by Zatlaren)
Item saved from Act 1 NM: Death Knot Ring (Chosen by Wolron)
Item saved from Act 2 NM: Hailstone Brand Spiked Club (Chosen by Waflob)
Item saved from Act 3 NM: +1 barb skills ammy (Chosen by Kdawg)
Item saved from Act 4 NM: "Steel" Flail (chosen by hepcat)
Item saved from Act 5 NM: ArtieLange's The Scalper (chosen by Butzull)
Item saved from Act 1 Hell: Eagle Hide cuirass (chosen by purplelocust)
Item saved from Act 2 Hell: Nord's Tenderizer (chosen by Waflob - like I had a choice !)
no items changed in A3 Hell (well, Waflob crafted a ring, which should count)
from A4 Hell: spiked club removed, scavenging allowed for a weapon slot in A5 hell.

Progress in A5 Hell was steady but slow. Treachery was a big help as it meant that resists were taken care of, basically, and I could use +life charms instead of resist charms mostly. The Ancients took some rerolling but went down pretty well (he was level 80 at that time, which I think of as pretty low level for a melee character at that point.) Taunt was a huge help with the ranged attackers throughout A5. His War Cry wasn't high enough level to be of much use, and he often used Battle Cry as he had problems hitting monsters regularly.

After a couple of aborted forays into the WSK (gloams weren't a problem for him, but would have been expensive for the merc resurrections, and OK's were a deal-breaker, etc.) Artie had good rolls for monsters en route to the throne:
WSK 2: horror mages, gloombats and sprites OK, particularly with Taunt
WSK 3: blood boss packs, stranglers and sprites, no problems
Throne: witches, revivers and assailants: again, Taunt is great for witches and revivers

I cleared the Throne because I wasn't sure if I was going to need space to manoever or if it would become necessary to park anyone. Each wave went pretty well using the "stand way back, out of decrep range, and taunt the minions to deal with them in small groups" method. I was worried about Lister's pack as I didn't think they were Tauntable (they weren't) but the Frenzy footspeed and some TPs let me split them up into smaller groups, and they went down pretty well. Battle Cry helped make them more hittable. I was cautious, returning to town between each wave plus some other trips, and I had the odd experience of needing to get Fade to activate again when it expired when fighting the second wave. All the waves together took about half an hour.

I thought Baal would be quite manageable, with the HF merc with a Kelpie Snare, and indeed that was a fair amount easier than the waves. He never summoned his clone and it took a while but there weren't any trips to town needed. Nothing reasonable dropped from Baal.

Artie was a Frenzybarb, and because of the "pass it on" choices, he was built in a sub-optimal way. I would have preferred more points in Taunt instead of Double Swing, as almost every Tauntable monster was Taunted along the way. And the various masteries chosen depended upon the gear he had scavenged along the way. Below his finishing gear, which included two items made permanent in my Pass-It-On stash (Bloodfist from Lisa_G the Sorc and Treachery, made in a cuirass. That worked out well, as I chose to make a 3-socket armor permanent not knowing what runes I'd have to work with but there are a number of good 3-socket runewords and I was very happy to be able to make Treachery.

Basic gear outline:

weapons: Nord's socketed with an Eth, "Black" scourage. Switch weapons useless, although the Strength flail was used with Nord's at the beginning of the act.
armor: Treachery made in an armor made permanent with an earlier character, ElephantBoy a beserk/concentrate barb
jewelry: blue +1 barb amulet, crafted blood and rare leech rings
gloves: Bloodfist made permanent with an earlier character, Lisa_G a fireball sorc
belt: blue with FHR and LR
boots: Hsarus'

Nord's dropping for Artie in A2 Hell was a great stroke of fortune- I'd had him there and it was slow going with whatever he'd had before that point. Great damage without huge requirements, which was fanatastic.

Gear notes: he had excess lightning resists, even before Fade was active, so I considered as a possible replacement for his A5 Hell personalization a crafted belt but I never got any crafts that warranted the trip into the Halls to visit Nihilathak. For the Black Scourge, I was looking for any decent relatively low-requirement elite to make a good runeword in. The first scourge I found I cubed to one socket, and the second one came out as three. Earlier in the act, he'd used Hexire and an Honor Twin Axe amoung other things, but the Black Scourge was a great improvement.

Stats, skills, etc:

He was level 81 at completion.

Stats after gear:
STR 137
DEX 85
VIT 278
E 25
Life 1607 (3189 after BO)
resists: 49/35/75/-14 before Fade, 75/75/75/48 after Fade
Frenzy:
DMG 399-1470, 1506-1961 with Venom active
AR 2983/2832

Skills after BC, with gear:
Combat: Double Swing: 12 Frenzy 23, Beserk 6
Masteries: 4 sword, 9 mace, 4 throwing, 12 NR
Warcries: 10 Taunt, 23 BO, 4 Find Item

Merc L81 HFreeze
156% ED Kelpie, Tal's mask, rare dusk shroud

Level 81 was pretty low level to guardian with a melee build. I wasn't sure how he would do in the WSK, and my plan was to back off and rerun earlier areas if he needed to gain some more levels, but he did well enough to work with careful play.

Gameplay notes: Frenzy with a knockback weapon (Black) took some adjustment. His method of progress was to taunt single monsters or small groups forward, take care of them, and then go on. But with Frenzy and knockback, he had a tendency to knock monsters forward and then wake up more crowds. So he would either run around the back of them, so he was knocking them away from unexplored areas, or sideways, so he was knocking them perpendicular and not causing himself any more trouble.

I don't remember many NDEs. Getting cursed was bad, but with Fade it never lasted long and I would usually TP back to town when cursed anyway. He had one NDE when he was going to Eldritch when starting a game, to get Fade to activate, and there was nasty mods (Might aura) with champion burning archers nearby. Another scary section, but not too dangerous, was deciding to run through WSK 1 when he could see the stairs down on the map. There were the Heirophant-type packs and it was just too tempting to charge up Frenzy and race through, so he did. I've had several deaths from trying to run forwards through monsters but I got away with that one.

From the skills, it looks like someone experimented with Double Throw along the way, maybe against OKs, I'm not sure. Built as a Frenzybarb from the start, he would have had echoing weapons on switch, more points in Taunt, and a focused mastery, of course.

Gear details below:
Code:
Black
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 6 - 176
Required Strength: 125
Required Dexterity: 77
Fingerprint: 0xd04240c4
Properties: 
150% Damage to Undead
120% Enhanced Damage
+200 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
15% Increased Attack Speed
Level 4 Corpse Explosion (12/12 Charges)
+3 - 14 cold damage with 3 sec Duration
+10 to Vitality
Knockback
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Nef Rune

Treachery
ElephantBoy's Cuirass
Defense: 194
Durability: 49 of 50
Fingerprint: 0xf66bd6cb
Item Level: 65
Properties: 
+2 to Assasin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Lem Rune

Lisa_G's Bloodfist
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 18
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x9488206b
Item Level: 14
Properties: 
+40 to Life
15% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Minimum Damage
+10 Defense
10% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Hit Recovery

Death Knot
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc8794f9e
Item Level: 30
Properties: 
+59 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +26%
4% Life stolen per hit
39% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Cast Rate

Hsarus' Iron Heel
Chain Boots
Defense: 9
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x52bc557f
Item Level: 28
Properties: 
Fire Resist +25%
20% Faster Run/Walk
Set (1 item): 
+20 to Attack Rating

Lore
Helm
Defense: 17
Required Strength: 26
Fingerprint: 0xa9a8567a
Item Level: 20
Properties: 
+10 to Energy
+2 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skills
Lightning Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 7
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Ort Rune

Nord's Tenderizer
Truncheon
One Hand Damage: 149 - 184
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 88
Required Dexterity: 43
Fingerprint: 0x9575c4cf
Properties: 
328% Enhanced Damage
+205 - 455 cold damage with 5 sec Duration
25% Increased Attack Speed
158% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 Freezes target
8% Cold Absorb
Level 16 Blizzard (12/12 Charges)
150% Damage to Undead
25% Target Defense
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune

Slayer's Amulet of Worth
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x84cb9f44
Item Level: 51
Properties: 
+3 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels

Strength
Flail
One Hand Damage: 1 - 32
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x912830a1
Item Level: 20
Properties: 
150% Damage to Undead
+20 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
35% Enhanced Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune

ArtieLange's The Scalper
Francisca
One Hand Damage: 29 - 58
Quantity: 130
Required Dexterity: 80
Fingerprint: 0x356466f1
Properties: 
167% Enhanced Damage
4% Life stolen per hit
25% Bonus to Attack Rating
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+4 to Mana after each Kill
Replenishes quantity

Viper Coil
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2708115f
Item Level: 44
Properties: 
+4 to Strength
+12 to Life
+40 to Mana
Lightning Resist +21%
3% Life stolen per hit

Originally posted by scrcrw on Jul 27, 2010:

Guardian #13: Frenzy, Frenzier

Felt like questing a bit after all the MFO silliness. This went a bit faster than expected. I wanted to melee and, after WW and Zeal, Frenzy was the obvious choice. The (frankly brilliant) name was quickly found and Guardianship was achieved not long afterwards. Facts:

LCS

Code:
Name:       Frenzy
Experience: 993080468
Level:      84

Naked/Gear
Strength:   135/218
Dexterity:  85/138
Vitality:   285/285
Energy:     10/11
HP:         1672/3711 (after BO)
Mana:       344 (after BO)
Defense:    633 (w/ Shout)

Skills (after BC):
20 (28) Frenzy
20 Double Swing
20 Taunt
20 (cast at lvl 32) BO
2 (8) Sword Mastery
1 Berserk, BC, Battle Cry, Speed, NR

Gear:
Enigma BP
Arreat's (6ll w/ 20% ED, 53 AR, 9dex Jewel)
LoH
SoE (8ll, 14% dr)
Gores
Highlord's
Raven Frost (18/221)
Rare Ring (8ll, 72AR, 10@, 11 FR)

Grief PB (37/374)

[url=http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot002bc9e.jpg]eDeath CS[/url]

Switch: 2x HotO Flail
Chars: Max Dam/AR, Life, Resists... the usual.

Merc (Might): ebugged Forti Great Hauberk, Reaper's, Harley

Not much to say about Normal and NM, the usual array of twinking weaponry was used (enough AR for A1 NM?).
I had originally planned on 2xGrief+Forti, but then decided to go for Enigma because of its most awesome mod: 45% frw :yes: More frw is always better.
Death was created on a whim, simply because I wanted one and had the spare runes. I really liked it.
Went through Hell entirely on /p3, nice and easy. Single pass/all quests, as usual. Few scary situations. Teleport was only used as a PI solution.
The merc was pretty much useless, since I ran everywhere at warp speed. Nice fluid gameplay. Not hugely demanding. 👍

To sum it up, I present scrcrw's amazing guide to Frenzying (use at own risk):
Code:
1. Equip some nice weapons and a bit of LL
2. Select Frenzy
3. Lock the RMB 
4. Grab a Beer, watch a movie, do laundry etc.
5. Win

For HC: Occasionally refresh BO
Finds: Ral, Ort, Tal x3, ?/Fal/Io

That is all. Thanks for reading (not that there is any text...).

Originally posted by Arkardo on May 14, 2011:

Guardian #9: Immoral King, Immortal King Berserker

Yay, 'nother Guardian!

Bla bla information bla
Name: Immoral_King
Class: Barbarian
Experience: 754624196
Level: 81

Naked/Gear
Strength: 187/232
Dexterity: 20/65
Vitality: 283/283
Energy: 10/10
HP: 3600 (with BO)
Mana: 280 (with BO)
Stamina: 1649 (with BO)
Defense: 12830 (with Shout and BC)
AR: 11150 (with BC and Enchant)

Fire: 112 (Hell)
Cold: 90
Lightning: 139
Poison: 83

MF: 61 Block: 7
GF: 137
FR/W: 40
FHR: 50
IAS: 115
FCR: 0

Bash: 1/10 (with BC)
Leap: 1/10
Stun: 1/10
Concentrate: 1/10
Berserk: 20/29

Mace Mastery: 7/14 (one point too much for the sweet spot... I forgot about BC)
Increased Stamina: 1/8
Iron Skin: 1/8
Increased Speed: 1/8
Natural Resistance: 1/8

Howl: 16/23
Shout: 20/27
Battle Orders: 20/27
Battle Command: 1/8

Itamz
Immortal King's Stone Crusher (EthEth)
Immortal King's Soul Cage (40% ED jewel)
Immortal King's Will
Avenger Guard (2x 15% IAS jewel)
Immortal King's Forge
Immortal King's Pillar
Immortal King's Detail
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
Switch: 2x Spirit Swords (BO/Shout/BC prebuff)

Inventory:
Ruby Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbfc59d23
Fire Resist +11%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7f46cd5
+18 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa4dd58e7
All Resistances +4

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3566a0b3
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe86fdf99
+19 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd5a8ad0b
+19 to Life

Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5fb72673
+97 to Attack Rating
+23 to Life

Steel Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb169b483
+33 to Attack Rating
+9 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Dexterity
Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x5560edd6
Item Level: 38
+10 to Maximum Damage
+74 to Attack Rating
+3 to Dexterity

Fine Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x129ac8c6
+2 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+2 to Dexterity

Cobalt Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x753ae0c4
Cold Resist +8%

Cobalt Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x21d7f1ac
Item Level: 79
Cold Resist +9%

Fine Small Charm of Frost
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x71c676d2
Item Level: 43
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 2 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe8b3f239
+18 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Maiming
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb796f394
+12 to Maximum Damage
+55 to Attack Rating

Mercenary:
Name: Ahsab
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Off-Nightmare
Experience: 64579858
Level: 81
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 179/189
Dexterity: 144/154
HP: 1607/1607
Defense: 1189/1809
AR: 1865/1865

Fire: 170/130/70
Cold: 200/160/100
Lightning: 170/130/70
Poison: 170/130/70

Obedience ethereal Thresher
Treachery Dusk Shroud
Vampire Gaze

Summary
Easy peasy, not nearly difficult as I had expected. The early going was a bit slow as usual, but once the real items came in (Steeldriver, Ribcracker, upgraded Steeldriver), things really got started.

I have this self-imposed rule that I don't enter Hell without first having all build-defining equiped, so I entered Hell at level 76, high enough to keep things easy. Doing magic damage really helps keeping things simple; the only magic immunes from the top of my head are Plague Bearers (easily avoided, especially since they spawn only in desert area's), Wailing Beasts (only spawn in the Temples) and Horadrim Ancients. The latter ones are the only ones somewhat annoying, but even they can be taken care of easily with a 1-point Concentrate, the elemental damage and the CB from the Maul and, of course, the merc. Also, unique monsters do not spawn with additional magic resist, so no odd immune resists either. So yeah, life is good for the Berserker. :coffee:

Of course, (almost) no defense is a pain at times, but luckily there is the panic button named Howl. Really not to be underestimated. I also used it as a 'filter the bosses from the pack' button, so that I could kill annoying Holy Freeze bosses. Also, his resists are nicely stacked, and with 3.6k life and 20% DR it takes quite a beating to take him down. The Maul freezes monsters, which added a little more safety, but not that much, to be honest. Bosses (like this weirdo, anyone know who this is?) were laughably easy with all the CB, both from me and the merc, and the raw damage.

Most monsters were either one -or two-shotted, which made no defense less of an issue. This is one of the weak spots of the IK set for a Berserker; the damage is not enough for consistent 1-hit kills. I bet a nice Oath would be better for this. Oh well.

Q&A time!
Q: So, why an IK berserker barb?
A: Yeah, I intended to go with a paladin at first, but...

Q: No you noob! Why a berserker?
A: Ah. Well, I had already done a WW one back in SC, and I have never finished the game with a berserker. So yeah, one thing led to another.

Q: Any nice finds?
A: Not really. The Hellforge drops were crap. Some shiny stick did drop though, but who would use such a thing to bash someone's brain in?

Q: What are your future plans with him?
A: I might run some area's with him. Then again, I say that about a lot of my Guardians, and yet I can never arse myself to run anything.

Q: So, what's next?
A: I received a gift from a very nice forumite, which I will use for a build that needs it.
Yeah, I know; I'm not good at building excitement. Anyway, she's already in Nightmare Act 4.

Anyway, that's it! Tadaa! I hope you all somewhat enjoyed reading another Guardian thread of mine. Thanks go out to all the peeps in this thread for their advice! 👋

Originally posted by colony on Aug 21, 2004:

Just another Guardian Thread...

Well...

I did it finally :)

I finally made a melee Guardian. He wasnt completely untwinked, I took the gloves and shield out of the items my sorc found before dieing, along with the Goblin Toe. I also spent a long time doing Meph runs and Pit runs, so hes got some fairly good stuff

After some Meph runs earlier today, and finally getting the item Id really been waiting for (a Thundergods Vigour) I moved onto act 5. Still no SS but I can cope without it for now :D .I went for p3, because I was feeling adventurous. Not much happened in the first half of the act, apart from a surprising lack of gloams. There werent even any in the Ancients way. I had to reset the Ancients twice, as they were FE both times. The Third time they still had reasonably nasty mods (Talic was Extra fast, Cursed, Korlic HS, CE, and Madawc was Extra Strong, teleport). My merc collapsed from sheer fright at seeing an orangey glowy thing above his head, making me lose my might aura.

As usual though, once I had one down (4 big fat purple pots and 6 red ones later), the rest went down easily enough. The WSK took quite a while because I just couldnt find the stairs to the 2nd floor anywhere :teeth: , on the 3rd lvl there were OKs, so as I wasnt in the mood for using Berserk with Claw Vipers around I ran past them all to the Throne. Yes I know it was the easy way out, but I didnt want to quit and start again either.

Then in the Throne room I walked out and was immediately hit by about 25 lightning bolts from a pack of gloams. My merc died (seems to be his answer to every stressful situation), and I was VERY glad Id waited until getting the TGods before carrying on. Baals actual minions werent up to much either once theyd all been spread out a bit. Baal took a while to kill, but was never really threatening. It was all a rather anti-climatic event after the Chaos Sanctuary, but its better than being dead at least.

Heres some stats for you:

Character type : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 81
Character exp : 807726576

Strength : 145
Energy : 10
Dexterity : 175
Vitality : 170
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 1953 / 854
Mana : 73 / 89
Stamina : 927 / 317

Resists with BC: 75/75/85/72
Life with BO ~2150
Defence with Conc: ~9500
Damage: ~700-2200 (with Might aura)

Skills:
20 Conc
20 Shout
20 BO
14 Axe Mastery
3 Nat Res
1 in: Iron Skin, Increased stamina, increased speed, all other warcries except for WarCry, LA, Leap, Berserk Stun and Bash

Equipment:

Kiras Guardian
Crescent Moon Ammy
Shaftstop
Thundergods Vigor
Crescent Moon Berserker Axe
Steelclash w/ Pdiamond
TGods Vigour
Magnus' Skin
Goblin Toe
Rare ring w/ life steal and Light res
Coral Ring of the Locust

Merc Items:

Rare Circlet w/ +22 str, 20 fire/cold/poison res, 55 light res, some other stuff
Skullders w/ PTopaz
Bonehew w/ Amn

Originally posted by crawlingdeadman on Feb 9, 2012:

Guardian Crawlingdeadman the Tele Zerker

hey, back again 👋

in the quest for more runes i had been running countess quite a lot with one sorc and after hearing about LK, running it with another sorc (she'd kill meph too so it'd seem like she was doing more than just opening boxes all day). all this sorc teleporting bored me so i decided to kill two birds with one stone and make a tele-zerker that could 1) safely rush people without loosing my sweet maps for countess, meph, and baal (hammerdin) and 2) run trav safely for gold and runes. to that end i give you.

Crawlingdeadman:
Notes: i have (barely) maxed res, nat res doesnt show up on read outs. i also use a demon limb charge when i'm doing something important enough for the extra AR/fire damage.
Name: Crawlingdeadman
Experience: 638695212
Level: 79

Naked/Gear
Strength: 79/189
Dexterity: 141/180
Vitality: 260/260
HP: 1211/1428
Mana: 88/187
Stamina: 405/405
Defense: 35/2787
AR: 690/32256

Fire: 145/105/45
Cold: 140/100/40
Lightning: 156/116/56
Poison: 119/79/19

MF: 118 Block: 75
GF: 252
FR/W: 85
FHR: 30
IAS: 78
FCR: 10

Bash: 1/8
Leap: 1/8
Double Swing: 0/0
Stun: 1/8
Double Throw: 0/0
Concentrate: 1/8
Frenzy: 0/0
Berserk: 20/27

Sword Mastery: 6/11
Increased Stamina: 0/0
Iron Skin: 1/6
Increased Speed: 0/0
Natural Resistance: 1/6

Howl: 20/25
Find Potion: 1/6
Taunt: 1/6
Shout: 1/6
Find Item: 1/6
Battle Cry: 1/6
Battle Orders: 16/21
War Cry: 16/21
Battle Command: 1/6

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 103
Fingerprint: 0xd0d97a4a
6% Life stolen per hit
+154% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
+10 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xbf08ff67
+201 to Attack Rating
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xf347e6a5
158% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 10%
39% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x26af03c4
+1 to All Skills
29% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%

Eagle Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x5d062c7
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+91 to Attack Rating
+59 to Mana
Fire Resist +20%
+3 to Light Radius

Viridian Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4d69a73a
+22 to Life
Poison Resist +18%

Emerald Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3ee0d54c
+33 to Life
Poison Resist +26%

Azure Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1ab9ea80
Item Level: 15
Cold Resist +5%
9% Extra Gold from Monsters

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb30cbc58
+17 to Life

Coral Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa78bf521
Lightning Resist +21%
24% Extra Gold from Monsters

Steel Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x6d7e867b
+107 to Attack Rating
25% Extra Gold from Monsters

Iron Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcc5c3104
Item Level: 23
+48 to Attack Rating
36% Extra Gold from Monsters

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf2dc4403
+33 to Life

Stout Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2980d193
+4 Defense
+33 to Life

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x703e2acd
+33 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7eaea9f6
+30 to Attack Rating
+1 to Strength

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6b11f0fc
+31 to Attack Rating

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe832e92
+35 to Life

Immortal King's Pillar
War Boots
Defense: 128
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0x7176ac7d
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+110 to Attack Rating
+75 Defense
+44 to Life
Set (2 items): 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Set (3 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
Set (4 items): +160 Defense
Set (5 items): Half Freeze Duration

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 336
Fingerprint: 0x70ea9f91
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
4% Life stolen per hit
+178% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +45
1 Sockets (1 used)

Harry-dAmour's Enigma
Dusk Shroud
JahIthBer
Defense: 1219
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x928fefba
Item Level: 1
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+754 Defense
+59 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
79% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 81
Fingerprint: 0x65b73f21
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Crawlingdeadman's Grief
Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0x7d0a8173
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+38% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +363
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+148% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+12 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune

Stormshield
Monarch
Defense: 444
Chance to Block: 47
Durability: 45 of 86
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x301a643e
Indestructible
+55% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+296 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+30 to Strength
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
1 Sockets (1 used)

Switch:
Elmindreda's Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One Hand Damage: 23 - 49
Durability: 22 of 26
Required Strength: 38
Required Dexterity: 75
Fingerprint: 0x7dc8fd65
Indestructible
+50% Faster Cast Rate
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
+158 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +81
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Malice

Shimmering Jewel of Malice
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1e14dd67
Cold Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +6%
Fire Resist +6%
Poison Resist +6%
Attacker Takes Damage of 4

Stormshield
Monarch
Defense: 431
Chance to Block: 47
Durability: 59 of 86
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x878f058
Indestructible
+55% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+296 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+30 to Strength
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
1 Sockets (1 used)

Mercenary:

Name: Jemali
Experience: 58646912
Level: 78

Naked/Gear
Strength: 174/204
Dexterity: 139/159
HP: 1487/1597
Defense: 1103/1639
AR: 1826/421806

Fire: 187/147/87
Cold: 187/147/87
Lightning: 187/147/87
Poison: 187/147/87

Death Mask
Defense: 104
Durability: 20 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x3343215f
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Lionheart
Wyrmhide
HelLumFal
Defense: 432
Required Strength: 72
Fingerprint: 0x15b274c
20% Enhanced Damage
All Stats +10
+15 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+50 to Life
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: Fal Rune

Insight
Cryptic Axe
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 127 - 540
Durability: 51 of 65
Required Strength: 165
Fingerprint: 0xc4f86ba5
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
260% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
230% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+5 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune

playing this guy was pretty standard, twinked all the way. i dont remember any good drops, hel hellforge (whoopie). weapon progression was something like this; Khalim's will, something, butcher's pupil, oath small crescent, grief. through nm, i think my gear was mostly set at: guliume's, angelic ammy, weapon, treachery, gerke's sanctuary, ik Gloves, ravenfrost, ik belt, angelic ring, ik boots. i put him on hold trying to mf an arreat, but finally had to trade for one. before deciding he was going to be a teleporter, i was going to make him strictly a trav runner with maxed out PDR (something i've never done correctly). i changed my mind though when i made my grief and tried max block with gerke's. it's far too slow of a blocking shield for a zerk barb. if you're going to block at all, make it fast b/c you're going to be doing it a lot and you dont want it interrupting you all the damn time. i'll make a PDR zerker and make him shieldless so that his PDR can really shine. i have some really nice gear i've been gathering for just such a character.

back to this character though, i decided to do what i did on my last ladder on bnet, teleport with a stormshield out. i found while playing my SC telezerkers that dolls really suck when you have your tele switch out (2x wizzy most of the time for me). seeing as how there's no such thing as too careful on HC, i got a bit of dr% on zerk side and tele side. my fcr break is kinda off at this point, but i'll fix that when i level a bit more and go with arachnid mesh.

my skill placement this time was focused on safety over damage. when i respeced for enigma, i split my last 30 points on WC and BO. i should have put smidge fewer into each and pumped up sword mastery more. when running through acts 3-5, i was really noticing the lower AR. when i finally get him high enough, he'll switch to metalgrid and arach, so i will probably respec him again (last time) and fix the AR issue. at that point i hope to be able to put gores back on him. IK was just another stop gap in the quest for AR. playstyle on this guy is much like the other telezerkers; have your fcr out, tele to a group and slam them with wc till they stop moving or howl them away, whichever. kill kill kill, wc, kill kill kill, hork, move on. throw some warcries out there like howl if you get surrounded or taunt the nasty rangers toward you then stun them. this build is all about controlling the enemy until you smack the ever living out of them with a berserk (sometimes it'll take two).

Damage Report (using this calc):
Code:
Final damage
undead    5229 to 5366 (ø 5297)
demons    7191 to 7348 (ø 7269)
Damage    5229 to 5366 (ø 5297)

% chance of double damage:
Total chance    62.26%

Average damage
undead    8471 to 8641 (ø 8556)
demons    11655 to 11857 (ø 11756)
Damage    8471 to 8641 (ø 8556)
damage isnt that great on this guy, but he's only level 79 and as i said, i'll rework his skills again when his gear's done done. safety first, cant play if he's dead.

future plans are lots of MP (great for that), rushing, trav running, and when Blizzard finally gets off their collective asses and lets SP have Uber Trist, this guy'll be running for Dkeys like his online brethren before him. here he is in action and here's a couple screen shots of his older (online) brothers.

that's pretty much it, thanks again for reading my rambles. i recommend this build to anyone who's sick to death of Whirlwind barbs.

Edit special bonus:

Guardian Antiperspirant - Warcry Barb:

i wanted a BO barb at one point and really like WC barbs so i quickly rushed him up to tag along with my WindWolf. he leveled pretty well and takes care of BO, hence the name

Antiperspirant:
Name: Antiperspirant
Experience: 504060901
Level: 76

Naked/Gear
Strength: 77/97
Dexterity: 75/90
Vitality: 313/313
HP: 1417/1580
Mana: 85/1003
Stamina: 455/525
Defense: 18/415
AR: 360/435

Fire: 115/75/15
Cold: 115/75/15
Lightning: 115/75/15
Poison: 115/75/15

MF: 0 Block: 12
GF: 49
FR/W: 30
FHR: 12
IAS: 0
FCR: 120

Bash: 0/0
Leap: 1/4
Double Swing: 0/0
Double Throw: 0/0

Sword Mastery: 0/0
Increased Stamina: 1/4
Iron Skin: 1/4
Increased Speed: 1/5
Natural Resistance: 1/4

Howl: 20/26
Find Potion: 0/0
Taunt: 1/7
Shout: 1/7
Find Item: 0/0
Battle Cry: 19/25
Battle Orders: 20/29
War Cry: 20/26
Battle Command: 1/7

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 25
Fingerprint: 0x2e79f7e3
+1 to Fire Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 6 Fire Damage
+27% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8656d1c2
+52 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x211e4080
+58 to Mana
37% Extra Gold from Monsters

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd56e85dc
+57 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xdd0847df
Item Level: 68
+15 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf64f99dc
+17 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2d121f50
Item Level: 69
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+51 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb8744033
+50 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xefc8d423
Item Level: 45
+7% Faster Run/Walk
+50 to Mana

Serpent's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2f364670
+54 to Mana
12% Extra Gold from Monsters

Trang-Oul's Girth
Troll Belt
Defense: 160
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x40badbfa
Item Level: 99
+99 Defense
+66 to Life
Replenish Life +5
+27 to Mana
+30 Maximum Stamina
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -40%
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +40%

Waterwalk
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 118
Required Strength: 47
Fingerprint: 0xcd7482a2
Item Level: 69
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+195% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
+15 to Dexterity
+57 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 50%
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Serpent's Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x866de5f4
+14 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xca96dd1f
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+13 to Mana

Snake's Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4de21e10
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+12 to Mana

Snake's Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1bb84edd
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+12 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Flame
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1dcadb08
Adds 1 - 2 Fire Damage
+16 to Mana

Stalwart Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x81fd0502
+50 Defense
+28 to Life

Bahamut's Ring
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x33dc4fcb
+118 to Mana

Bahamut's Ring
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x9db2e7dd
+112 to Mana

Myth
Superior Breast Plate
HelAmnNef
Defense: 75
Required Strength: 26
Fingerprint: 0xc4cb0e3a
3% Chance to cast level 1 Howl when struck
10% Chance to cast level 1 Taunt on striking
+9% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense vs. Missile
Replenish Life +10
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Increase Maximum Durability 10%
Requirements -15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Nef Rune

Gemmed Superior Jawbone Cap
Superior Jawbone Cap
Defense: 15
Durability: 28 of 28
Fingerprint: 0x5fb0c69c
+1 to Increased Speed (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
+20 to Strength
+38 to Mana
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Perfect Amethyst
Socketed: Perfect Amethyst
Socketed: Perfect Sapphire

Echoing Amulet of Regeneration
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x88e312bf
Replenish Life +3

Entropy Beads
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x335611e2
Item Level: 92
+1 to Maximum Damage
4% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Energy
Cold Resist +40%
All Resistances +11

Echoing Throwing Spear
Throwing Spear
Throw Damage: 12 - 30
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0xfdceb07a

Echoing Throwing Spear
Throwing Spear
Throw Damage: 12 - 30
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x22920865

Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One Hand Damage: 23 - 49
Durability: 23 of 26
Required Strength: 38
Required Dexterity: 75
Fingerprint: 0x5b81f41f
Indestructible
+50% Faster Cast Rate
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
+152 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +75

Plague Noose
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xdbb260a1
4% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Energy
All Resistances +3
Level 2 Teleport (25/25 Charges)

Suicide Branch
Burnt Wand
One Hand Damage: 8 - 18
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x476e3bd1
Item Level: 60
+1 to All Skills
+50% Faster Cast Rate
+40 to Life
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
All Resistances +10
Attacker Takes Damage of 25

Mercenary:

Name: Waheed
Experience: 51537718
Level: 75

Naked/Gear
Strength: 169/184
Dexterity: 135/160
HP: 1367/1492
Defense: 1018/1985
AR: 1793/399839

Fire: 172/132/72
Cold: 169/129/69
Lightning: 139/99/39
Poison: 139/99/39

Insight
Cryptic Axe
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 120 - 508
Durability: 55 of 65
Required Strength: 165
Fingerprint: 0x6bcdc919
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
239% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
222% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
+5 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune

Ral Rune
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Sol Rune

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 661
Durability: 42 of 150
Fingerprint: 0x849818cc
+180% Enhanced Defense
+93 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+75 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 306
Durability: 40 of 50
Fingerprint: 0x383e65df
9% Life stolen per hit
+169% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
Fire Resist +33%
99% Extra Gold from Monsters

as he's geared he's good to go if he must. his usual questing gear would be 2x wizzy, shako, enigma, and a different ammy. what he has now really does work well, though without that second wizzy, he's at 55 all res so it could be better. as BO equipment it's fine. he's a tool and doesnt deserve his own thread, but here he is as a bonus.

Originally posted by crawlingdeadman on May 29, 2012:

Guardian Korgoth the stupid WW barb that lived.

I do not like Whirl Wind. I geared this guy to die and he didn't so I suppose I have to write about his dumb *** now...

This character was started ages ago (probably soon after the cartoon first aired to give you a hint how old he is) on another computer that suffered a hard drive crash. For the longest time I didn't even consider that any of my D2 files were uncorrupted and retrievable, but eventually I went looking for the screen shots of my Uber Trist bowazon and stumbled upon some early SP HC characters I was able to salvage. I don't remember where Korgoth was or what he was doing but after reading this thread, I decided to turn him into a WW (ugh)/Frenzy (meh) barb.

I hate WW, but I wanted to give a(nother) shot at learning to use it on a cheap guy before I decide if I want to turn my Telezerker into a Tele WW/Zerker. I've made a frenzier or two so I could fall back on it if I had to and frenzy makes a pretty decent boss killer if you stack on some crushing blow. I wanted to make this guy cheap enough that I wouldnt care if he died. At one point I had a decent pair of rare res boots on him, but decided they were too good so in a fit of "eff you" I put goblin toes on him. The most expensive items he has are the two oaths. I had one already, but since making my Grief I wasn't too worried about it and making the second one wasnt too much of a big deal, I just had to run countess enough for a pul and um (not with this tool, with a sorc).

LCS WW (enchant+might)
LCS Frenzy (enchant+might)

Stats/Skills:
Name: Korgoth
Experience: 862512427
Level: 82

Naked/Gear
Strength: 175/175
Dexterity: 66/85
Vitality: 254/254
Energy: 10/30
HP: 1193/1408
Mana: 91/161
Stamina: 402/402
Defense: 16/1735
AR: 315/1891

Fire: 140/100/40
Cold: 141/101/41
Lightning: 140/100/40
Poison: 76/36/-24
(75/75/75/23 with Nat res and BC taken into account)

MF: 0 Block: 10
GF: 16
FR/W: 0
FHR: 50
IAS: 120
FCR: 0

Bash: 1/1
Leap: 1/1
Double Swing: 1/1
Stun: 1/1
Double Throw: 1/1
Leap Attack: 1/1
Concentrate: 1/1
Frenzy: 16/16
Whirlwind: 20/20
Berserk: 1/1

Sword Mastery: 20/20
Increased Stamina: 1/1
Iron Skin: 1/1
Increased Speed: 1/1
Natural Resistance: 6/6

Howl: 1/1
Taunt: 1/1
Shout: 1/1
Battle Cry: 1/1
Battle Orders: 15/15
Battle Command: 1/1

Gear/Merc:
Death Mask
Defense: 126
Fingerprint: 0x51fbe6
+1 to Minimum Damage
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +23
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Joyfulness

Shimmering Jewel of Joyfulness
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe5fbe5d7
+1 to Minimum Damage
Cold Resist +8%
Lightning Resist +8%
Fire Resist +8%
Poison Resist +8%

Angelic Wings
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x4a821f08
20% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+3 to Light Radius
Set (2 items): +75 to Life
Set (3 items): +1 to All Skills
(2 items): +10 to Dexterity

Oath
Highland Blade
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 123 - 348
Two Hand Damage: 375 - 540
Required Strength: 161
Required Dexterity: 94
Fingerprint: 0x458f61a7
Indestructible
275% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+10 Magic Absorb
Level 17 Iron Golem (3/14 Charges)
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (15/20 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

Duress
Wire Fleece
ShaelUmThul
Defense: 1363
Fingerprint: 0x4d457b8b
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
13% Enhanced Damage
Adds 37 - 133 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+187% Enhanced Defense
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +15
3 Sockets (3 used)

Oath
Balrog Blade
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 86 - 440
Two Hand Damage: 322 - 695
Required Strength: 175
Required Dexterity: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8ee4161a
Indestructible
293% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+10 Magic Absorb
Level 17 Iron Golem (13/14 Charges)
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (13/20 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 80
Fingerprint: 0xc56ccd65
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Angelic Halo
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x9de16895
Item Level: 82
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6
Set (2 items): +984 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
(2 items): +10 to Dexterity

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 112
Fingerprint: 0x3913a2c
7% Life stolen per hit
+178% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
+10 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x36e7374b
+172 to Attack Rating
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Goblin Toe
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 33
Fingerprint: 0xe7074c6e
+53% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
-1 to Light Radius

Switch:
Spirit
Crystal Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xb70e76e7
Item Level: 46
+2 to All Skills
+32% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+108 to Mana
+6 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)

Demon Limb
Tyrant Club
One Hand Damage: 93 - 169
Required Strength: 133
Fingerprint: 0xd6c91f55
193% Enhanced Damage
+123% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 222 - 333 Fire Damage
12% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist +17%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Level 23 Enchant (20/20 Charges)

Mercenary:

Name: Waheed
Experience: 66998494

Naked/Gear
Strength: 181/221
Dexterity: 145/160
HP: 1647/1697
Defense: 1217/1866
AR: 1874/1874

Fire: 176/136/76
Cold: 176/136/76
Lightning: 176/136/76
Poison: 176/136/76

Lionheart
Wyrmhide
HelLumFal
Defense: 432
Required Strength: 72
Fingerprint: 0x15b274c
20% Enhanced Damage
All Stats +10
+15 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+50 to Life
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%
3 Sockets (3 used)

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 20 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0xdfbb6bea
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 35 - 415
Durability: 51 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x22ce2045
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
195% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
14% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%

Inventory:
Coral Grand Charm of Anthrax
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf1b281c
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
Lightning Resist +22%

Coral Grand Charm of Venom
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xedd8a025
Adds 15 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Lightning Resist +25%

Crimson Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x191d0ccf
Item Level: 14
Fire Resist +5%
9% Extra Gold from Monsters

Fine Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9cfe51b5
+2 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
7% Extra Gold from Monsters

Shimmering Large Charm of Quality
Large Charm
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x8babe52f
Item Level: 78
+2 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +8

Garnet Small Charm of the Icicle
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7f8c5389
Item Level: 65
Adds 2 - 4 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Fire Resist +9%

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6ea2d78
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating

Steel Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Required Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0xd1213814
+65 to Attack Rating
+23 to Life

Steel Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9607c32c
+131 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9ffb0ad5
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+30 to Attack Rating
Coral Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1a73dfd9
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +9%

Coral Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xecfc7ded
Lightning Resist +8%

Cobalt Small Charm of Thunder
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xae8cf0ce
Adds 1 - 11 Lightning Damage
Cold Resist +9%

Sapphire Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8cf77780
Cold Resist +26%

Sharp Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb60b0cd
+7 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+37 to Life

Noteable finds:
Gul (hellforge)
Wizzy (Baal)
Nothing else I can think of I remember these because they're Screenied.

Reasons I dislike WW:
-hard to control
-not using CBF on a melee character is wrong, I dont care
-not being able to pot when you want to
-not being able to "see" the mods of the monsters you're hitting without stopping the attack
-slow movement is encouraged
-CtC effects do not work with one of the "best" multi hit/fast hitting skills in the game. pfft, "best" 👎
-every jackass bnetter uses WW and you're a nub if you ever make anything else*

Many of the above can get you killed so I didn't like the skill much in SC let alone nowadays. I guess I have enough proficiency at it to risk my enigma, but I'll be switching to weapon/shield that's for damn sure. No future plans for Korgoth, I'll probably strip him of gear and never play him again. Here's a final screen shot.

*I never really cared much what pubs thought, but there's a stigma attached to the "GG" builds through no fault of their own. Much like Camaros, it's not that the car is a tool, it's that the people that drive them frequently are.

Originally posted by crawlingdeadman on Sep 7, 2018:

Guardian LamontCranston - Double Throw Barb

Hello again, Ladies and Gentlemen. I need to write this guy up so that I can steal his charms for another character (oops, too late). He is named after the alter ego of The Shadow, Lamont Cranston, one of whose trademarks is his dual .45s. Dual .45s, Double Throw. I've kept him geared for so long because I really enjoyed playing him. He's a really nice screw around with friends character. Speaking of friends, this guy came up with Pyro's Fire Huntermentalist (*wispers* he died). I believe we were on a kick of playing lower powered builds that might not necessarily be that fun to solo with. My "Hell Baal Drop" screenshot indicates that this character was done 09.08.2014. Better late than never, amiright?

LamontCranston
1590173389257.png

Stats/Skills:
I got a comfortable amount of life then pumped dexterity to help with damage (I think).
Strength: 103/161
Dexterity: 223/265
Vitality: 174/174
HP: 875/1098
Mana: 92/197
Stamina: 323/343
Defense: 55/2506
AR: 1100/2101

Fire: 149/109/49
Cold: 88/48/-12
Lightning: 134/94/34
Poison: 98/58/-2

MF: 0 Block: 37
GF: 0
FR/W: 37
FHR: 0
IAS: 100
FCR: 25

Bash: 1/2
Double Swing: 20/21
Double Throw: 19/20

Sword Mastery: 1/2
Axe Mastery: 1/2
Throwing Mastery: 20/21
Spear Mastery: 1/2
Increased Stamina: 1/2
Iron Skin: 1/2
Increased Speed: 1/2
Natural Resistance: 5/6

Howl: 1/2
Taunt: 0/0
Shout: 1/2
Battle Cry: 0/0
Battle Orders: 20/21
Battle Command: 1/2

Non-Weapon Gear:
Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 430
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x348bd6cb
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+6 to Minimum Damage
+13 to Maximum Damage
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+292 Defense
+32 to Strength
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Crimson Jewel of Fervor
Socketed: Vermilion Jewel of Fervor

Crimson Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x75b50833
+6 to Minimum Damage

Vermilion Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6555bb80
+13 to Maximum Damage

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x1f03a0d7
+1 to All Skills
31% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%

Fortitude
Superior Archon Plate
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1663
Fingerprint: 0xfd448cee
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+214% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+103 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 84
Fingerprint: 0x9b69e940
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Dread Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xdefaa552
4% Mana stolen per hit
4% Life stolen per hit
+20 to Strength
+65 to Mana
Fire Resist +11%

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 106
Fingerprint: 0xca1071d8
Piercing Attack
+10 to Maximum Damage
+147% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
Attacker Takes Damage of (Based on Character Level) 83

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xe5054f28
+248 to Attack Rating
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 157
Durability: 34 of 34
Fingerprint: 0x4918f307
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Deadly Strike
+191% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Main Weapons:
Warshrike
Winged Knife
Throw Damage: 74 - 126
One Hand Damage: 87 - 113
Quantity: 200
Required Dexterity: 142
Fingerprint: 0xcbf465db
25% Chance to cast level 9 Nova on striking
Piercing Attack
225% Enhanced Damage
50% Deadly Strike
Replenishes quantity

Wraith Spike
Flying Knife
Throw Damage: 91 - 167
One Hand Damage: 91 - 167
Quantity: 200
Required Strength: 48
Required Dexterity: 141
Fingerprint: 0xf0a1b6f6
210% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+307 to Attack Rating
Required Level +7

Lacerator
Winged Axe
Throw Damage: 21 - 184
One Hand Damage: 33 - 171
Quantity: 180
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 96
Required Dexterity: 122
Fingerprint: 0xaaee86b3
33% Chance to cast level 3 Amplify Damage on striking
207% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
Replenishes quantity

Storm Spawn
Winged Axe
Throw Damage: 40 - 286
One Hand Damage: 59 - 267
Quantity: 180
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 68
Required Dexterity: 86
Fingerprint: 0x5d8bef47
377% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Minimum Damage
+127 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 5 Fire Damage
Required Level +12
Requirements -30%

Alternate Weapons (in stash):
I love them so much, I have to share them even if I never really used them much (I did try everything once).
Shadow Impaler
Stygian Pilum
Throw Damage: 56 - 202
One Hand Damage: 37 - 172
Quantity: 90
Required Strength: 95
Required Dexterity: 90
Fingerprint: 0xbb9af69d
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
170% Enhanced Damage
+142 to Attack Rating
6% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -20%

Soul Flight
Balrog Spear
Throw Damage: 163 - 255
One Hand Damage: 134 - 259
Required Strength: 127
Required Dexterity: 95
Fingerprint: 0x77bb473c
309% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage
+35 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 21 Lightning Damage
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)

Eagle Reaver
Flying Axe
Throw Damage: 56 - 226
One Hand Damage: 63 - 222
Quantity: 218
Required Strength: 88
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x3ccb40ad
5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
243% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 5 Fire Damage
Increased Stack Size

Loath Sever
Francisca
Throw Damage: 65 - 120
One Hand Damage: 40 - 80
Required Level: 44
Required Dexterity: 80
Fingerprint: 0xb6d3c8d6
5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
264% Enhanced Damage
+113 to Attack Rating
7% Mana stolen per hit
Required Level +5

Cruel Spawn
Throwing Axe
Throw Damage: 27 - 46
One Hand Damage: 13 - 29
Required Dexterity: 40
Fingerprint: 0x6371fc99
Item Level: 68
239% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage
+58 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 11 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 177 Lightning Damage

Gale Stinger
Harpoon
Throw Damage: 62 - 186
One Hand Damage: 44 - 120
Quantity: 169
Fingerprint: 0x4e351c9e
+40% Increased Attack Speed
245% Enhanced Damage
+** to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 2 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
6% Mana stolen per hit
Increased Stack Size
Required Level +5

Fiend Quill
Battle Dart
Throw Damage: 42 - 92
One Hand Damage: 30 - 61
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0x42fc1784
285% Enhanced Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -20%

Beast Thirst
Battle Dart
Throw Damage: 44 - 97
One Hand Damage: 32 - 65
Required Dexterity: 52
Fingerprint: 0x46ae99e7
307% Enhanced Damage
+95 to Attack Rating
7% Life stolen per hit

Inventory:
Iron Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x46200dda
+35 to Attack Rating
+33 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6161529
+3 to Maximum Damage
+10 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x28d4d4d4
+20 to Life

Toxic Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x1b128344
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+18 to Life

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8517a68b
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating

Static Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x13ac38c
Adds 1 - 8 Lightning Damage
+19 to Life

Shimmering Grand Charm of Fire
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x85e5022d
Adds 2 - 3 Fire Damage
All Resistances +13

Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8babe52f
Item Level: 78
+2 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +8

Amber Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xaf27f9ca
+1 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +11%

Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x87d4f734
+2 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +7

Sharp Large Charm of Strength
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbfb2408d
+6 to Maximum Damage
+34 to Attack Rating
+4 to Strength

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcff511a6
Item Level: 42
+1 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+2 to Dexterity

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3b57219d
+3 to Maximum Damage
+16 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd5c210ef
Item Level: 52
+1 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating
+2 to Dexterity

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4c8634c2
+1 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
+2 to Dexterity

Sharp Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x85675c4f
+7% Faster Run/Walk
+10 to Maximum Damage
+62 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Flame
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8d2c6903
Item Level: 64
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 2 Fire Damage

Emerald Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6bbd8afb
+12 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Glowing Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3ea193af
Adds 1 - 16 Lightning Damage
+18 to Life

Merc:
Name: Chalan
Experience: 67671656

Naked/Gear
Strength: 181/206
Dexterity: 145/155
HP: 1647/1730
Defense: 1217/2116
AR: 1874/1874

Fire: 205/165/105
Cold: 235/195/135
Lightning: 205/165/105
Poison: 205/165/105

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 647
Durability: 150 of 150
Fingerprint: 0x7dbcb8fb
+168% Enhanced Defense
+103 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+83 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xaade51ab
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
7% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
All Resistances +15
Damage Reduced by 18%
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
1 Sockets (1 used)

Obedience
Thresher
HelKoThulEthFal
Two Hand Damage: 84 - 991
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7dde49fc
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+300 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +24
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Fal Rune

Damage:
End of game LCS (axes)
1590173240426.png
End of Game LCS (knives)
1590173227820.png
End of Game LCS (javelins)
1590173212705.png

Action Shots (Caution: Contains Swears):
1590173188502.png
1590173134557.png
1590173120497.png
1590173108027.png
1590173093530.png

Noteable drops:
Only a Wizardspike from Baal.
Hellforge:
NM: Sol
Hell: Gul

I love rares. That is the main reason I made this character. I had picked up and kept a lot of rare throwing weapons (one of my favorite things to find) and they were sitting around begging to be used. The other reason I made this guy was because I'd not yet tried Double Throw and I generally like ranged characters. I did try him out with dual wielding the usual uniques (Warshrike, Lacerator, Demon's Arch), but I just really wanted to show off some rares. The uniques do have some fine mods so I wound up with one each of the two "best" unique throwing weapons. Everyone who says that you shouldn't use eth/repair weapons on a thrower is right. You are constantly in town to repair; he goes through them that fast. Eth repair may be okay for a boss, showing off max damage, or if you find yourself double swinging a lot, but skip them for actual play. I'm still very much on the fence about Razortail. It's usually a must for me and ranged characters, but I'm not sure it really helps this build out as much as I'd have liked.

I have no future plans for him other than to ungear him and retire him. I may keep him geared, but w/o charms for a while since a lot of his gear is so specialized. If an MP game comes my way, I may roll him out (Edit: written before I completely gutted him and put him in the retirement home).

Some weirdness:
1590173058158.png

Originally posted by DeathMaster on Jan 24, 2008:

Guardian Conan

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot002et0.jpg

It's been long outstanding, but I felt I wanted to finish this build. Last time I tried, hell ancients were standing in the way. This time, first try, I got kind of lucky role. Only one is cursed, mana burn, no fanat/might/conviction. I decided to fight, and it didn't last long. WSK was slow but very safe, no OKs, and everything else is a joke. Lister give a little trouble (took a little long) because of mana burn.

Otherwise, he is kind of standard concentrate barb. War cry tree is fun, I enjoy this build very much.

I couldn't remember noticeable drops, HF rune drop was okay. I will give more details later, it is already over 1am here.

I had couple of old thread about this build before it was started, and during the progress. But they are all too old.

The screen was when he was on the way to defeat ancients, all status were final (apart from more exp).

I will list all important info (those you will be interested at least):

Ribcracker
Stalagmite
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 312 to 467
Durability: 130 of 130
Required Strength: 63
Required Level: 56
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x31d19a6b
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+276% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
Required Level +7
70% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow

Gloom
Archon Plate
'FalUmPul'
Defense: 1619
Fingerprint: 0x2a8be05e
+10 to Strength
+212% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +45
-3 to Light Radius
10% Faster Hit Recovery
5% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration
15% Chance to cast Level 3 Dim Vision when struck

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 332
(Barbarian Only)
Fingerprint: 0x9fdb92c6
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+175% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
5% Life stolen per hit
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Hit Recovery

IK Glove + belt + boots

27% Mara's Kaleidoscope, Manald Heal, Raven Frost

Charms: No room for skiller, total of +156 life, +446 AR, +37 max damage, +8 All resist, +10 poison resist.

Weapon switch:

Echoing Crystal Sword
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 15
Required Strength: 43
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7fd8741c

Echoing Great Sword
One-Hand Damage: 12 to 20
Two-Hand Damage: 25 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 60
Sword Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x32fce87a

Merc: Might using Duriel's Shell + Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest + The Reaper's Toll. None was socketed.

Skills: 20 Concentrate, 1 Berserk, 1 Leap attack, 1 increased speed, 1 stone skin, 1 natural resistance, 20 mace mastery, 20 BO, 20 Shout, 1 BC, 1 howl, 1 taunt, 1 battle cry, 1 find item

Quest was relatively easy, my standard tactic is taunt them one by one, battle cry on tough boss/hard hit target. In area where may have OKs, switch left button to berserk, and never ever rush anything. I must say watching the effect of taunt is super fun, I always enjoyed this skill. Where undead might be raised, find item is very very powerful skill.

Originally posted by DeathMaster on Jan 7, 2010:

Guardian Gunner (warning - long post)

Gunner started as a touney character. It was stopped because the few people playing all "gave up" (I could only assume) and I was the only one left active. Anyway, since I picked up D2 again, I thought I should finish him one way or the other. Been freed from touney rules, I could gave him a better set of gear (mainly the weapon) which helps a lot.

HF drop: Lum

Noticeable Found: 3 skiller (all useful, 1x sorc fire, 1x lightning, 1x drood shifting)

Nothing to write home about found: few semi common runes like Shael, Lum, Lem; some semi common uniq like carrion wind, darksight helm, blackhorn's face, crown of thieves, kelpie snare, djinn slayer. I cannot remember all, but you get the picture.

Normal

Normal is well easy, but with small refreshing change. I was following single pass untwink MF guide in the touney, so I decided to keep it until hell. My merc could kill everything @P8 relatively easy with gambled rare weapon (forgot what it was), and both Gunner and merc were wearing 3 socket breast plate with topaz, and the full MF setup - socketed head gear with topaz, all the MF charm found, gambled MF boots, MF ring + amulet, etc, later I gambled an awsome +all resist/MF circlet for merc. Keep playing this way (loaded with MF, let merc kill as much as possible, P8 full clean), there are rather "large" number of gold/green drops in normal. They might be useless, saving the glove (I manage to find at least a pair of "Claglaw pooncers" for every character I played, it must mean something), but the number was good, I can clearly see how much better a character would benefit especially for touney play (unless the rule doesn't allow such gear setup). When I started (from where I stopped), Gunner was only started A3, finished normal @ level 49.

NM

NM is a little harder, still letting merc to kill everything possible (my weapon sucks anyway), it goes a bit slower than my usual playstyle. I had muled a pair of deathbit to him, it was mainly for rare situation that I may have to fight alone, but luckily didn't happen. There was never real NED however, Ancients took a little longer since my weapon was poor, and almost full MF gear doesn't have much killing power (switched on some +resist to count later NM). But first try got through relatively safe (Ancient mod weren't too bad). WSK didn't give him much trouble either, there were some nasty packs, but no door trap is a big plus. Drop for gold/green were good in number, but all useless. Gamble/shop paid off for couple pairs of weapon that does fine elemental damage which helped a lot to deal with PIs. Finished NM @ level 79 (just barely reached 79 after killing baal).

Hell

Play stick with full clean. Starting from Hell, full twinked gears can be used (from here, truly break free from touney rules). I decided to stay with P3, guessing even with full battle gears, his killing power won't be too good. It turned to be right. I mistakenly played some P8 (well, after you auto enter /players8 for so long, it does get you sometimes), ever boss pack or two, I would run out of weapon to throw. A2 gave me the first dangerous almost NED moment. A boss pack of skelly archers down the palace was capable to deal 1.3k damages if two or three arrows manages to hit Gunner at once. That's over half his life after BO. Luck I managed through without much trouble after I realised how hard they could hit, and try as I could for trying not to get hit as much as possible. The lack of space made it a little harder than it should.

A3 was mainly trouble free, dolls gave a bit trouble. One the temple had a bad drop trap, but I managed fighting it out with the awesome power of Claglaw pooncers. A couple of special moment. Sewers level 2 had 2x mummy type boss packs + 1 doll boss pack, pretty much awaiting me at the door. That was one hell of fight for just try to kill the mummy boss while try to get away from dolls. On the way to kill meph (I think it was lvl 2), there were dolls everywhere, and a couple of boss packs were not easy to kill due to those dolls running around.

A4 is short, mainly trouble free. Some burning souls boss pack gave me a very hard time. One particular burning soul boss could take about 1/3 Gunner's life with just 2 bolts, and his minions also hit very hard. Merc couldn't last much longer either. Once I was little slow on potion, and I almost got hit by multiple lightning bolts, which could well kill him instantly.

A5 first scary moment is in the first red portal. Blood stars (I believe that's what it is called) everywhere, boss pack can kill merc in split second if I don't give potion fast enough. The second red portal had full of PI frenzy bullhead. One particular battle I ran out of throw, and merc was tanking 2x boss pack. Because I had a really good position (merc not taken full blow from all direction, bridge was blocked, etc), I choose not going back to town, but wait for replenishes quantity to let me throw slowly to help merc. I was lucky to pull it off without getting the merc killed (that would be really bad).

Down frozen river, I experienced two boss packs released from single evil urn the first time. They were both very nasty gloams pack, that hit very hard. Separate them was absolutely needed in order to defeat them. What also important was drinking frenzy when the battle heated up.

Ancients were surprisingly easy. First try, didn't check exactly what mod they had. I saw there were no auras (hate HF), that was good enough. Later I found out two of them were cursed, and the leaper also has teleport, which amazingly kept teleport right after me (never thought their AI were that good). There would be no chance I'd let merc to tank them as we both under AD all the time, and they hit petty hard. So I tried to separate them by running around, but they managed to follow (and teleport) after me. That turned to the best thing that could happen. I just needed to run around, throw couple of times behind as they would run into my deadly throw without much chance to attack me. One by one, they ran into their own death. I didn't even need a single potion.

WSK went slow due to PI in great numbers, and blood star really hurts, particularly boss pack. Throne room had one of the worst door trap at me. One side, blood stars, the other side, OK and their minions. What bad about them is howl does work there for their numbers were too great that they blocked both sides. I tried number of times, unable to break them, and had no chance to fight them all together, in fact I could make back to WSK is already hard, there were great chance I could see the deed screen a couple of times.

Second try, throne room had no door trap -- good. But it is full of OK and minions, great mummy type and gloams -- bad. However, as long as there is no door trap, it is slow going but surely I cleaned them all. Baal was joke as usual, the bad thing is his drop was a joke as usual.

Part 2 - the build

Level 87 Double Throw (Full clean, P8 normal/NM, P3 hell)
Status (naked)
Str 118
Dex 118
Vit 284
Eng what is that?

Skills
1 leap attack (used as utility skill)
20 double throw
20 double swing
20 throw mastery
1 increase speed
1 natural resistance
1 taunt
1 battle command
20 battle orders
6 shout
1 find item
pre-req

Gears:

4x Demon's arch
Areat's face socketed with 14% resist jewel

Duress
Wire Fleece
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 1411
Fingerprint: 0x5b4f4f7a
+194% Enhanced Defense
+16% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
-20% Slower Stamina Drain

SoE (15%)
Gore rider
2x Raven (17/246 and 19/211)

Cleglaw's Pincers
Chain Gloves
Defense: 9
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 4
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x49624a89
Knockback
Slows Target by 25%

Mara's (30%)
Gheed's (-15% price)

Charms to make up resistant, some AR & + damage, little extra life, little MF

Part 3 - Q&A, screen

Q: you n00b, why 20 double throw?
A: well, I wanted the AR boost.

Q: n00b, no point in grim ward?
A: IMO, it is one of the most overrated and useless crowd control skill ever. Completely waste of points. It doesn't work exact you need crowd control most, howl + taunt FTW!!!

Q: did you forget merc?
A: indeed I forgot, here it is, Might merc, lvl87, wearing ebugged duress, eth reaper's, vampire gaze (socketed 10% resist jewel).

Q: so just throw all the way?
A: often, I melee with double swing.

Now screen, first "good" found (not item):

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1840/screenshot001dm.jpg
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4491/screenshot002in.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9207/screenshot003dk.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6798/screenshot005d.jpg

Battle ancients and won (notice still ADed):

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2562/screenshot004c.jpg

LCS:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4885/screenshot006o.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7508/screenshot008bv.jpg