Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by naranjadita on Jan 1, 2014:

Guardian Shmassassin, untwinked Blade Fury Trapper

Hello everyone.

I've finished another character and I'd like to share the joy of the moment with you :)
Ever since I've learnt that Blade Fury is a solid skill to wrap a build around, I was eager to create a corresponding character. The itch became even stronger when I got my paws on this thread.
I've spent quite a lot of time calculating the damage output with a bunch of high end items - I used different setups in my calculations, I compared results, I enjoyed messing with the numbers - this is almost as fun as actually playing once you've accumulated some wealth and spent several years in the game.

However, I decided to push the idea further - I started wondering, whether a BF assassin is good if played untwinked. So, I took a pencil once again and, with some plans and build options written down, I created a new character.
The journey was quite long - I don't play as much as I used to these days. But everything comes to its end sooner or later, and so did this journey. Meet Guardian Shmassassin (oh shut up <_<), level 85 assassin.
Have a look at skills and items and numbers, with Might and Fade active.

The Build

It is obvious that the better your weapon is, the better your shurikens damage output is. But according to the abovementioned thread and my own calculations, Blade Fury can deal some considerable damage if provided with a healthy amount of + Trap Skills. With this in mind, I decided that lightning traps should be a good additional source of damage and a viable solution to PI problem.

The other problem I needed to solve was a severe lack of attack rating. So I went for high dex and str. Apart from high base AR, this gave me the following pros:
- high block chance should I decide to go shield/1-hander route instead of claw/claw one.
- very wide range of equippable items (due to stat requirements)
- a significant stat bonus to weapon damage as I was going to use either a claw or a dagger.

Well, the AR problem wasn't entirely solved, as I didn't want to use a BA mercenary, but - and I really mean it - this was the unluckiest character I've ever played in terms of drops - so I was unable to get even a visionary circlet, leave alone a Demon Limb or Lava Gout. But more on that later.

Usual shadow one-pointers are usual and expected. Shadow Master is a one-pointer, too - actually, I was going to max it, but it was really irritating when she replaced my traps, so I decided to put skill points elsewhere (Claw Mastery, as I did have a claw that was good enough to be an endgame weapon).

Equipment

Oooh this is the most interesting part.
When the character came into her fifties - when I started using all my skills - shadow, minion traps and blade fury - I found out that the character needs EVERYTHING. Here's what I mean here:

- as a low vit character, she needs good FHR if shadow skills fail to save her hide.
- for the very same reason, she heeds some FCR so that shadow skills became actually usable against quick monsters like dolls and flayers and extra fast everything.
- for the sake of balance, the character needs IAS. You seem she uses Fade for obvous reasons, so for fast trap layout this was essential. With slow traps, the first trap expired very soon after the fifth one was layed, and that levt very little time for astually using Blade Fury - thus drastically redusing the performance and even killing the build idea itself.
- Blade Fury needs accuracy, so a viable bonus to AR was a must.
- Traps need skill bonus.

On top of that, she needs all the usual stuff - leech, resists, life.

Well, the current gear set up does have all that. I'd like to comment on a few pieces.

1). 'Spirit' shield.
I've been looking for a base literally for weeks! And the first monarch I got had no sockets. You should see my face when it got 4 sockets from the cube recipie. The shield has everything!
- Resists.
- Life.
- Mana (from this point, Insight became really useful as Medi kicked in for real)
- FHR over 9000.
- FCR.
- Skills to strenghten both lightning damage and physical damage.
- 75% block (vs whatever is provided by Weapon Block)
Needless to say, I was really happy to replace the old off-hand claw with the shield.

2). 'Peace' armour.
I've been using 'Peace' from early nightmare. Runes are common, so I could afford making new armours whenever I found a better base. The armour has FHR and a Critical Strike oskill. This is the tits! with +skills 'Spirit' provided, this armour alone granted 38% chance of Critical Strike.
CTC Valk was too rare to rely on steadily, but it was fun :3

3). Weapon.
I was lucky enough to find a rare claw with Fool's prefix and some other mods, too.
But I was really lucky when I found another rare claw from a random NM Chaos Sanctuary run. It had Fool's, Screaming, Strange and of Vileness mods! True, I'd be more glad to see a Cruel or Etherial topping that, but I was happy to keep what I got, so I upped the claw and added a socket to it (in retrospect, I should have put an Eth in it, but I totally forgot about this option for some reason).
Also, I managed to find the General's Flail (later - Pompeii's Wrath) and used it against act bosses and the Ancients.

Gameplay.

The game started pretty easy - I used Blade Fury from late A1 Norm, and managed to get good +AR gear befor the accuracy problems could have kicked in in early game.

Then, I started to include lightning traps into the list of skills I used on regular basis. The mana consumption skyrocketed, so I had to use 'Insight' (not like I did have a better option, duh). And with that and after I got my equipment priorities straight, the game went smooth. Shadow skills saved my butt from ranged attackers - heck, even gloams were pretty harmless!
I did have some issues, however (an NDE due to me being inattentive, and some usual assassin crap).

General "workflow" was as follows:
- cast cloak of shadows/Mind blast, if necessary
- place traps
- throw blades
And it worked wonders. Very few monsters I encountered were really tough against that. This includes 3 LI+PI bosses, some kind of minotauri (those were PI and had enough life and lit resist to make me frown) and A5 Gloams (CoS rendered those harmless, but they are LI and have 90% damage resist so they took a bit more time than I'd like to spend on them).

I was even reckless enough to go for Hell Hihlathak!
Monster rolls were pretty easy everywhere except for Halls of Vaught. There I ran into the infamous snakes, PI witches and reanimated soldiers. I did have some reasons to get nervous at that point, hehe.
Anyway, I killed Nilly - and after I removed snakes and whatever else from the place that wasn't too hard - and got a Personalization reward, which I didn't use due to stupid character name (I wanted to rename her just for this but still couldn't come up with anything. Well, I did have an option - Banana - but then I imagined Banana's Plague Fist and rejected the idea).

Then, there were the Ancients. Unlike I always do, I lowered player settings from 3 to 1 here. Mainly because I suddenly remembered someone on these forums saying a few years ago "I had this character, she rocked the game, but Hell Ancients squashed her like a grape".
Well, turns out that I could have done than on higher player settings. The only LI was Madawc - again, I got cocky and facetanked him. Lol, I blocked five axe throws in a row! But then I got amp'ed I had to fearlessly hide behind my merc and shadow.
Korlic and Talic were not LI, so I just ran in circles placing traps here and there. Benny Hill musical theme would have been appropriate here, I guess.

WSK moster rolls were pretty easy.
Then there was Baal, who was slowed (Pompeii's Wrath) and didn't pose much of a threat. Boom.

Drops.

C-R-A-P-P-Y.

Seriously, this character was lucky, like, 4 times - first rare claw, second rare claw, rare sorc ammy and white monarch <_< The only elite unique item I got is pretty useless - Boneshade lich wand (almost perfect roll, though - lacks 1 bonus point to Teeth but who cares).
Hellforge wasn't good. NM one wasn't even worth remembering, and Hell one was Lum. The highest overal rune drop was Pul.

Conclusion.

That was fun! the character is both strong and balanced. With proper gear, I'd expect such assassin to be quite powerful.
However, I don't know if I'd play her past mid-NM if I hadn't got the Fool's weapon.
Ummm.. thanks for reading, I guess?
Also, the first Guardian of 2014 :p

Originally posted by NatNit on Mar 20, 2011:

[Guardian #2] MarieCordona, Lightning Trapsin

The second guardian of my HC untwinked sept. A great mix of kill speed, safety, and non-reliance on gear made her a great choice.

Name:
Copied the name of my first ever Mat, a 1.09 trapsin on bnet. Back then, I got the name by combining a character from Camus's The Stranger (Marie Cardona) and the name of the teacher that assigned the book. Oh, high school. :)

Stats:
Level: 84

Strength: 86 (79)
Dexterity: 81 (79)
Vitality: 334 (332)
Energy: 37 (25)

HP: 1617 (1212)
Mana: 280 (149)

Resists:
(all without fade)
Fire: 87
Cold: 77
Lightning: 85
Poison: 65

Skills:
20 Death Sentry
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Fireblast
20 Charged Bolt Sentry
6 Shockweb

1 in every Shadow skill other than Venom

Gear:
Hat: Shaco with PTopaz
Weapons: 2 x Witch-Hunter Claws (total of +4 Assassin skills)
Switch: Harmony Long Bow
Armor: Smoke Breast Plate
Gloves: Rare 24 light res, 5 fire res
Boots: Rare 15 cold res, 38 fire res, 30 FRW
Belt: Rare 14 light res, 27 fire res
Amulet: 27 res all
Ring1: 23 cold res
Ring2: 10 res all +5 cold res +6 poison res, 10 fcr, 39 life

Charms adding up to: 210 life (!), 30 light res, 17 cold res, 42 poison res

Code:
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 115
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0xe0864e05
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+126 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+126 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Witch-hunter's Blade Talons of Performance
Blade Talons
One Hand Damage: 24 - 25
Durability: 69 of 69
Required Level: 42
Required Dexterity: 50
Fingerprint: 0xd4e40736
Item Level: 70
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+14 to Minimum Damage

Witch-hunter's Scissors Katar of Readiness
Scissors Katar
One Hand Damage: 9 - 17
Durability: 68 of 68
Required Strength: 55
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0xee28772e
+10% Increased Attack Speed

Harmony
Long Bow
TirIthSolKo
Two Hand Damage: 19 - 43
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 22
Required Dexterity: 19
Fingerprint: 0x3372b547
Item Level: 28
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
248% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Fire Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Lightning Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (63 Frames)
+3 to Valkyrie
+10 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 20%
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune

Smoke
Breast Plate
NefLum
Defense: 113
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0xb562c956
Item Level: 64
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+75% Enhanced Defense
+280 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Energy
All Resistances +50
-1 to Light Radius
Level 6 Weaken (18/18 Charges)
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Nef Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Havoc Knuckle
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 10
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x2cace6e8
Item Level: 22
+49% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +24%
Fire Resist +5%
Half Freeze Duration
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

Havoc Track
Greaves
Defense: 12
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x53aab296
Item Level: 59
+30% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 50%
Cold Resist +15%
Fire Resist +38%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
44% Extra Gold from Monsters

Chromatic Amulet
Amulet
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0xccdd7e58
Item Level: 60
All Resistances +27

Death Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x947e4904
+2 to Minimum Damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+3 to Mana
Cold Resist +23%
Damage Reduced by 1

Rune Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xc895018e
Item Level: 73
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+39 to Life
Cold Resist +5%
All Resistances +10
Poison Resist +6%
Level 4 Charged Bolt (30/30 Charges)

Charms:
Code:
Amber Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x387601
Item Level: 80
+5 to Strength
Lightning Resist +30%

Cobalt Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x45d2790f
Item Level: 85
Cold Resist +8%

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x49cd8aee
+27 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd2dcd0e1
Item Level: 88
+26 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb21b5ee
+30 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x43d6630e
+17 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbcfd2b6
+19 to Life

Jade Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x915a8d74
+15 to Life
Poison Resist +9%

Beryl Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2a1011a6
+17 to Life
Poison Resist +5%

Burly Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7c50dfd1
+19 Defense
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8a856d61
+19 to Life

Emerald Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x89eb2273
Item Level: 81
Poison Resist +28%

Lizard's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3e65a4e1
+20 to Life
+2 to Mana

Cobalt Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7020b36b
Cold Resist +9%
9% Extra Gold from Monsters

Bronze Large Charm of Vita
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf7c0f35d
+8 to Attack Rating
+30 to Life

Mercenary:
Chalan, level 84, Might (A2 NM)
Although I used a Holy Freeze merc up through Hell Ancients

Stealskull
Insight Colossus Voluge
Duriel's Shell with PAmethyst

Code:
Stealskull
Casque
Defense: 229
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 59
Fingerprint: 0xb0d6e888
Item Level: 49
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
5% Mana stolen per hit
5% Life stolen per hit
+215% Enhanced Defense
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Insight
Colossus Voulge
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 69 - 589
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 210
Fingerprint: 0xf64bc144
Level 15 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
257% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
194% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+6 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 661
Durability: 150 of 150
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x5ce9d706
+174% Enhanced Defense
+105 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+25 to Strength
+84 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Amethyst

Gameplay:
Hellforge: Ko

The beginning of the game included meleeing with 2 x the fastest claws I could find, with some traps as back-up. By A3 and A4 normal, with heavier investments in CBS/LS and Shadow Master, I moved to a primary trapper role, with a lot of blue pot chugging. I shopped a pair of +1 assassin skill claws at Anya. I started using fade from Normal Diablo on.

Nightmare was more of the same, but with a lot more power. Maxed LS first, and then DS. Was still playing at /p8, so didn't need too much of the corpse explosion, but it did speed things along pretty nicely. I accidentally fought Duriel at /p8, and he took at least 60 TPs, and 10 merc resurrections, and was a major headache. At some point, I had +3 trap/+2 assassin on main, and +2 assn/+2 assn on switch for fade and SM casting. I jumped to Hell at L68, but popped back for some Baal runs since Hell experience wasn't too great. Found a Gul and Shaco from NM Baal; thanks man!

Dropped to /p1 for the vast majority of Hell. Since Fade was keeping up my resists, I didn't have any IAS to speak of. And fire blast without IAS is pretty crappy, so Lightning Immunes were damn annoying. Once LS/DS were maxed, I alternated between FB/CBS.

Questing was amazingly safe. I would cast 2 LS around every corner, and see if they would start firing. If so, drop a couple more. Once the bodies started falling, DS would come out, and the huge radius would blow everything up. I really dislike Cloak of Shadows, and didn't use it much. The screen is already plenty dark, and it just feels cumbersome. I did use a ton of Mind Blast, though, both for its stunning and conversion, especially to help my merc and SM with LI/FI. On the topic of SM, she didn't do much damage, or serve as a great tank, but she was a great momentary distraction that could be sadistically cast into nasty mobs.

I hit a brick wall at Hell Ancients at level 80. My merc was still using an Insight *Scythe*, and his Holy Freeze was useless against those annoying barbs. Both he and my SM went down in mere seconds. My gear wasn't much better: I was still wearing Stealth, and my low resists made Fade a necessity. And so, massive item run began. I was looking for a an elite/eth exceptional Insight base, Treachery or Smoke armor, and some way to keep my shadow and merc alive.

I ran LK looking for runes. Found a rack that drops lots of 4os Monarchs, but that wasn't much of a consolation. Eventually found a Lum, so I could make Smoke, ditch Fade, and run BoS. Yay speediness and IAS!

I did tons and tons of NM Cows and Hell Pits runs to find a suitable base for high damage Insight, and leveled up to 84 in the process. I tried the socketing recipe on 10 appropriate polearms, and none came out with 4 sockets. Not a single one of the ones on the ground had 4os. Annoying, I finally took a normal Colossus Voulge, knowing that Larzuk would give it the requisite number of sockets. And then I had to waste her last socket quest on the merc's Duriel's shell. He needed the +10 strength to even wear the thing. To add insult to injury, he had to swap on a Naj's Circlet to put it on in the first place, until the +stats on the Insight would kick in. Don't worry, I remembered to put the Stealskull back on afterwards. Oh, and I grabbed a Might merc for the increased leech.

The final piece of the puzzle was the Harmony bow. I found the base quickly enough, and had actually gathered 3 Ko's by this point. The Ancients still took a while with a merc, SM, Valkyrie, and 20 revives, but it felt a lot safer. WSK and Baal were cake in comparison. No NDE's that I can really think of.

In summary, another great, safe character. Non-LI's went down plenty quick, and BoS and Fade allow for lots of options on an untwinked HC char. Claw blocking is also amazing for a caster character, and it's why I went with +2 assassin claws rather than +3 trapper. Low strength and dex requirements meant tons of life, and 3 HP/vit is also fantastic on a caster. Traps can scout, you get an auto-Corpse Explode, and you have two "OHMYGODWHATISGOINGON" skills from CoS and MB. Good times. :)

Originally posted by Nightfish on Jun 22, 2005:

Guardian 15/49 - BF Sin

Well, another week, another guardian. This time without screenshots, though, since silentwhisper refuses to let me login. Oh well, did it without screenies before, I'm sure I can do it again. Presenting:

Guardian Araya - Level 80 Bladefury Assassin

Stats:

Str: 130
Dex: 165
Vit: 175
En: 25

AR: >10k with Demon Limb
Damage: 1535 - 2281 with Venom & Might
Crushing Blow: 50%
Deadly Strike: 30%
Open Wounds: 10%
DR: 49%
Blocking: 75%

Resis (without fade):
Fire: 75%
Cold: 75%
Light: 80%
Poison: 10%

Skills:

Blade Fury: 1
Death Sentry: 20

Venom: 20
Shadow Master: 20
Cloak of Shadows: 1

Unspent: 17

Gear:

Wpn 1: Eth Baranar's (PSkull)
Shield 1: Stormshield (PTopaz)
Switch: Bartuc's x 2
Jewelry: Angelic Halo x 2 & Angelic Wings
Belt: Verdungo's (Boo! 35 vit only gives about 70 life! Haxxor!)
Armour: Fortitude Boneweave
Boots: Gore Riders
Gloves: LoH
Helm: Guillaume's (unsocketed)

Charms: 4 Shimmering Grand and 4 Shimmering Small Charms

Nothing fancy, really. Eth baranar's used because of the 200% AR and because that's the best 1h eth weapon I had. Had I eth gimmershred or fleshripper (or a stormlash... yeah, right) I'd have used that. Didn't use crescent moon because I did enough damage kill stuff in a few hits, long before static could have triggered often enough to do anything. And when I started dropping DS I didn't need static anyway.

Might Merc:

The Reaper's Toll, Guillaume's Face & Shaftstop

Thoughts

Awesome! I wuv this one :teeth: . Fun to play and killing speed was alright even at higher player settings in hell. (okay, merc was using crescent moon while I was playing on 8) From act 2 onwards I played on p1 and death sentry did exactly as well as you'd think. But blade fury did a lot better than you'd think. Stuff died reasonably fast and more often than not I didn't even need to cast death sentry.

One major bummer was the erratic shadowmaster. While I do have plenty of points to spare I regret putting even one point in there. She really caused nothing but trouble. Converting stuff I wanted to CE so I had to wait, teleporting away to kick some far away monster when I needed her to tank and casting crappy traps to destroy my sentries... In the end I didn't use her except for act bosses. And when we finally fought the ancients all three of them wailed on my assassin instead of going for my summons. But that was alright, stuff barely put a dent into Araya anyway. That again went to show how useless the shadowmaster was for my char. Even the three ancients combined couldn't really hurt her beyond what leech and potions healed. In actual game play stuff didn't even swing at me due to CoS... I want my money back! Erm, skill points, that is.

As I said, she was extremely safe to play. Well, alright, anything with CoS is ridiculously easy. I enjoyed this char because she's pretty versatile and when you get bored you can just drop a few DS and watch stuff die as it should. She really benefitted from fortitude since she had no ED of her own. I believe that and deadly strike is what take this char from "alright" to "whooo hooo!" Didn't have any real problems with anyhting. Gloams, Frenzytaurs, etc, everything went down just nicely.

Still she probably doesn't make the best MFer in the world since she relies largely on items for her killing power. Might giver her a whirl nonetheless. Just to see if I can level her to 90 or something.

Itemwise she was lucky and unlucky. Got a lot of gold but most sucked. Carrion Wind was the only thing I kept. Hellforgewise she got an El, a Dol and a Pul. Yay? >_< During questing she got 2 Hels. My runeluck sucks so bad...

As usual she used a few of RTB's Mods, namely the FE Mod, Red Rune Mod and the Runeword Mod (obviously). Nothing else, though.

Well, that's 15 guardians, and the third sin. Looking back, I think the top three as far as fun and coolness is concerned is entirely in the hand of these black clad pretties. Yes, no fishymancer. NF love sins best. :D

Now, what next? No idea. Haven't really got any char up and running that I feel I must play. Perhaps it's time for a short break. I'm hella busy at university anyways.

Well, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it despite the lack of pictures and story.

Originally posted by Nightfish on Apr 11, 2006:

Guardian #21 - Nefalna

Well, that was quick. Remember that Trapper I had parked to play my strafer? She flew through nightmare and hell yesterday. A decent build, plenty strong but not very original. Oh well, you need those as well I suppose. Anyway, here's what she's all about:

Stats - Base (With Items)

Level 80

Str: 75 (122)
Dex: 75 (122)
Vit: 295 (327)
En: El Zilcho

Life: 1423
Mana: 622

Resis without fade: Cold 75%, Rest around 30%.
Resis with fade: all 75%

Trap Skills
20 Lightning Sentry (1-5013)
20 Death Sentry
20 Fire Blast (2589 - 3076)
19 Charged Bolt Sentry
3 Shock Web

Shadow Disciplines
1 Burst of Speed
1 Fade
3 Weapon Block (she had started out as an untwinked MP char, that's why)
1 CoS
1 Mind Blast

Gear:
Armour: Treachery Light Plate
Gloves: Frostburn
Belt: Nightsmoke (Arachnid Mesh after Hell Baal)
Boots: Natalya's Soul
Helm: Harelquin Crest (PTopaz)
Rings: 2 x SoJ
Ammy: Mara's
Weapons: Bartuc's / Bartuc's

Grand total of + 13 to all skills with an extra +1 to traps from my lone skiller charm. Quite the overkill, though.

Merc was Might who might be replaced with a barbarian just for kicks. I still have this 244% grandfather lying around waiting to be used. I figure with that, Fortitude and a Vamp Gaze even a barb might kick ***.

Concerning mercs, is it just me or did they get dumber in 1.11? I remember my 1.10 mercs stuck with me just fine but nowadays I'm always solo. Might just do it like Gohanman used to and skip mercs altogether...

Ramblings
So, now for the usual "How did she do?" and "Why did I do it like this?" blabla. Well, most of it is obvious.

Lightning sentry is the best trap for questing and areas in general, or rather, it's the best one to get the first corpses down. Then Death Sentry takes over. Killer Trap, definetly worth maxing as well. Usual strategy is to just dump 5 LS wait for a moment and then throw 2 DS into the mix. LS is also decent vs bosses and with a bit of Crushing Blow on my merc I think I won't need CBS as a boss killer when she starts running.

Fire Blast was quite the surprise. This skill totally kicks ***. It is not only enough to kill lightning immunes in hell, it does so at good speed. And I don't need more than a few corpses to get the DS chainreaction going. Sweet.

Weaponblock is a no brainer. Good block for low costs. 2 Skillpoints wasted cause she was part of an untwinked HC MP group that never really took off.

Burst of Speed and Fade are both nice and were both used. With BoS she as about 100% FRW which is really awesome. Can outrun even extra fast monsters which totally saved her *** once in act 3 hell when a pack of fanatic, cursed and extra fast jungle hunters were after her. Fade was used mainly in areas where I knew I needed more resis (gloams, hint hint) I'd say in hell it was about 70% BoS, 30% Fade.

For a very long time I only had 1 in CoS and none in Mind Blast but decided to give this skill another shot and I guess it has it's uses. The problem with CoS is that once I cast it, I can't cast it again for 20 seconds. So I used it only for really serious fights with 30 or more archers, etc. Most of the time she just stood there and tanked while her traps blew **** to smithereens. (or she ran around in circles until that happened) Mind Blast on the other hand is always ready but due to the conversion I normally don't use it. Highly annoying if you ask me. Also you have to aim it which just sucks when you need crowd control *now*. This was used exclusively to stunlock dangerous bosses and on listers pack which is immune to CoS.

Items are pretty selfexplanatory. She just needs +skills. Bartuc's aren't good but shopping for something better just takes more luck than I have. Treachery is very nice since it hits the last trap laying breakpoint just perfectly. The ctcs on it are wasted on me but that doesn't matter.

No shadow was used. Did she miss her? Nope. I don't think I'll ever use a shadow again on any assassin build and I deeply regret every single point I ever spent on it.

Well, usually I give some highlights about her way through hell but there wasn't really anything this time. One close call with several stygian dolls blowing in her face at the same time. That was neato. The only other situation was in the frozen river where a bunch of mighty lancers appeared out of the dark, again switching from fade to BoS was win.

Act bosses were no problem. Just lay down the traps and start lobbing fire blasts. Even with no cb on my merc they go down fast.

Ancients were easy too. Two of them not lightning immune so just running with BoS until they died did the trick quite handily. Then it was a simple matter of getting my merc to tank the remaining extra strong, lightning enchanted thrower and fireblast sent him to kingdom come within 10 seconds. Sweet.

Notable findings were an Um from a regular monster in nightmare (or did I find that with my strafer...?) and sazabi's ghost liberator, my 20th or so. Hellforge dropped a thul and an Io. Whee.

As expected, this babe makes a good runner. Very safe, lots of different types of damage (fire, lightning, physical). She'll now be spending her days kicking Baal's ***.

Well, that's it for this one. See ya next guardian.

Originally posted by Norcim105 on Apr 15, 2007:

Guardian TrapTheFish/Re-intro

Wow its been quite some time since I've posted on these forums. My apartment has been without internet for some time and going to the library was such a hassle that I really didn't bother with it. But now its back and I can get back to all the academic and university related things that it is used for, like posting in these forums...

Anyways, during my hiatus I deleted all my characters and stashes and started playing untwinked hardcore. After several attempts that ended in deeds I started up a trapsin, and if you can guess by the thread title she pulled through and defeated baal, becoming my first Guardian ever, on realms and off. Now, enough of my incessant rambling, on to the cool stuff: (Warning: this will be looooooong but I am excited so deal with it...)

Introducing Guardian TrapTheFish (clever and unique name for a trapper I know).....
I will explain the high level and skills and stats and equipment choices and playstyle and everything else at the end, so if you don't want to read any of it you can stop and I won't mind.

Guardian TrapTheFish HC RWM (I made an insight thinking I would need the mana but I don't at all, I don't even really need mana pots thanks to the SOJ)

Stats: (Base/With Gear)
Level: 87
Str: 95/150
Dex: 79/121
Vit: 311/311
Nrg: 40/50

Life: 1155/1528
Mana: 180/570

Res (Before fade/After fade)
Fire: -53/4
Cold: -19/38
Light: 8/65
Poison: -41/16

Now to the skills, which are pretty standard:

Martial Arts
None

Shadow Disciplines (Base/Gear)
All skills except venom: 1/12
Fade: All res 57, duration 252 secs
WB: 52% chance to block
CoS: 20 yards, 19 sec duration which was more than enough
Shadow Master: 6/17 Life: 1278 All res: 65 with fade on she is an ultimate tank for element damage

Traps (Base/Gear)
Fireblast: 20/27 Dmg: 1355-1673
Shockweb: 4/10
Charged Bolt Sentry: 20/26 Dmg: shoots 10 times, 6 bolts, 1-570 (rarely used)
Lightning Sentry: 20/26 Dmg: 1-3127
Death Sentry: 20/26 Dmg: 1-1570 CE radius: 20 yards, shoots 11 times

Now the awsomeness of my leet gear:
(All found by this char except the SOJ)

Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Greater Talons
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 84 to 149
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 79
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x5104df54
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+183% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Lore
Superior Coronet
'OrtSol'
Defense: 43
Durability: 26 of 33
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xc211ac19
+10 to Energy
+6% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Lightning Resist +30%
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
+2 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Shadow Amulet
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0xcf061cbe
+3 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Natalya's Shadow
Loricated Mail
Defense: 656
Durability: 36 of 36
Required Strength: 149
Required Level: 73
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xd5574163
+166 Defense
Poison Resist +25%
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
+87 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Greater Talons
'Fal'
One-Hand Damage: 83 to 148
(Assassin Only)
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7ba0d191
+30 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+180% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Hit Recovery

Glorious Plated Belt of the Whale
Defense: 18
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x7325ff4e
+99 to Life
+50% Enhanced Defense

Magefists

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 134
Durability: 47 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x51effd12
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+181% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
37% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x52a0a72a
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels
I found this with a hammerdin from Fangskin in nightmare, makes up for his bugged hell drop, and muled it in. That hdin did shortly after I muled it off luckily.

Weapon Switch: Bonewand of lower resistance lvl 2 (used to speed up battles with act bosses and pretty cheap to repair)

The charms are a mix of life (187), mana (123), and res

Merc:
Gulzar NM Holyfreeze
Life: 1934
Damage: With Bonehew 539-2071/With Kelpie 431-670 (Enough with FB and SM to take out any LI)
Defense: 2576

Merc Gear:

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 23 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xac95a3f1
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 16%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 965
Durability: 126 of 126
Fingerprint: 0x7cd9e7e1
+15 to Strength
+182% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Poison Resist +20%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
+108 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+87 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Bonehew
Ogre Axe
'AmnAmn'
Two-Hand Damage: 117 to 607
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 195
Required Level: 64
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x64db1034
+319% Enhanced Damage
14% Life stolen per hit
30% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance to cast Level 16 Bone Spear on striking
Level 14 Corpse Explosion (11/30 Charges)

Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
'Amn'
Two-Hand Damage: 77 to 141
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Dexterity: 25
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 33
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x13f04d17
+10 to Strength
+148% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +50%
7% Life stolen per hit
Slows Target by 75%
+108 to Life (Based on Character Level)

This was easily the most keyboard intensive character I have played but also one of the easiest and safest. I had zero, yep zero, NDEs along the way. With the combination of CoS, Mindblast, Pyshic Hammer (one of my new favorite skills ever), a level 17 SM and merc we really didn't encounter any problems. Even not having maxed resists didn't hurt her, as gloams were Cos'd and fireblasted before they could really do any damage. This char has done a "fair" amount of MFing, as the gear would show. I entered hell at level 74 and leveled in the pit until 84ish, when I went to the Ancient Tunnels and Meph until 87. Then I pretty much just powered through the rest of the game with no problems. The merc used the Kelpie that dropped from NM Diablo until I found the Bonehew in the pit, only bringing out the Kelpie for boss fights and the ancients.

I used JRichards trap guide and went the FB/DS way and had no regrets. LS annihalated everything and FB is a great spam spell that actually does quite a bit of damage. Once a corpse fell, DS cleared the whole screen. If I do this again I would probably skip the SM because it is annoying when she lays traps over mine but when you don't know what gear you and your merc will have its nice to have a recastable tank. The merc actually proved me wrong about them being stupid and useless, and only really died to IM or if I wasn't paying attention to MB a pack off him. Did I mention that MB rocks yet?, because it does. Listers pack is usually the most difficult group in the game for me but MB makes them sit still and die, and Lister himself got Psychic Hammered, which is also a rocking skill and I recommend searching for it on the Assassin forum where there is an awesome guide for using it.

I chose Fade over BoS because I REALLY needed res and I like some %DR and I didn't need to really improve my trap laying speed, it was fine anyways, and running to fast gets me in trouble. The shael in the Bartucs is because I don't need anything else for it, I'm not even sure I reached a new breakpoint with it or not. I Fal'd the other Bartucs so I could equip Nats, but now that I have the Wartravs I might replace it with something else.

Hellforges were Pul/Fal, and I found another Pul running the WSK in NM. The reason strength is so high is because of Nats armor, but I felt that it was perfect for questing/mfing at the same time so I dropped my vipermagi for it. The extra life I would have gained from not using it wouldn't have made any difference. The Bartucs replaced the 2 +3 Trap claws I was using and I didn't notice any difference in kill speed, so I got a bunch of strength and FHR with no sacrifice.

TrapTheFish is now my primary Mfer, running Pits, AT, and Meph now. I use a 3 Ptopaz helm for this and swap in a teleport ammy for Meph, and my run times for him hover around 1 minute, which isn't great but I like to be safe. She is packing a whopping 193 MF, which I will try to improve and get up to around 250 which will be a good balance between survival/killspeed/MF, come on Gheeds and Shako. I will probably replace my merc with a defiance one now to help him survive better against Meph and I don't need the HF aura anymore, especially when it shatters corpses.

My next project is a Kodaik bear using hunger, who will be untwinked because it makes the experience SO much better (I will twink him if he makes Guardian), and I will hopefully get him involved in some MP soon.

Wow, this turned into a freaking book and I'm cutting myself off now. If you actually read all of this I am deeply, deeply impressed and you should go get yourself a strong drink from the EMB on me (or a few, or a lot).

Originally posted by Ohomemgrande on Mar 22, 2010:

Claire: A Yellow-Bellied Guardian

Well, I finally can check off that goal. Meet Claire, my first Guardian.

Claire was a participant in UllaV's "The Yellow Bellies" tournament. The basic premise of the tournament was to be a "yellow-belly" or in other words, a cowardly character. Melee was prohibited (except for the very beginning where you could punch your way up to the point where you could buy a bow). In keeping with the "yellow" theme, only rare items could be worn. There were no restrictions on charms or mercs (other than the yellow equipment restriction for merc equipment). Only topazes and yellow jewels could be used in sockets. There were no skill/build restrictions and this was a single-pass tournament. I figured that a trap-Assassin would fit in the theme nicely and thus was born Claire.

I also decided that I would try to complete the journey without an extended stash i.e. I could mule off but not back on and that my merc would also adhere to the no-melee rule. My minion on the other hand could melee all she wanted :)

Build progression went something like this:
Get Fire Blast up to skill level 9 or so. That gave a nice skill in normal and added 3 extra blasts from Death Sentry.
As I progressed up to level 30, I put single points in all the one-hit wonders that an assassin has.
Once I hit level 30, I started increasing Death Sentry and Shadow Master until I ran out of spare points.
Then, I maxed Death Sentry.
Once Death Sentry was maxed, I got Shadow Master up to level 16.
Next up was maxing Fire Blast so that I had a good back-up skill in Hell and could add 3 additional blasts to the DS.
Finally, I maxed Lightning Sentry as a synergy to both DS and FB.
My skill point rewards in Hell all went to the Shadow Master to bring that up to 20 and the build was essentially complete at level 82.
My final level-up went to Fade so that I could have a bit more flexibility with my charms.

For attributes, I wanted to be able to wield and gamble all of the exceptional claws so I think I needed to get up to 88 in both strength and dexterity. Everything else went to vitality.

Normal was ran on P8, Nightmare on P3, and Hell on P1. As far as I know, all monsters were killed and all items were opened/broken/examined -- yes, a single-pass full clear guardian. There are some pictures and other tidbits about the journey in the tournament thread.

Claire's guardian post in the tournament thread

Things Claire found

Name: Claire
Class: Assassin
Experience: 904352362
Level: 83

Naked/Gear
Strength: 85/90
Dexterity: 85/104
Vitality: 315/315
Energy: 25/40
HP: 1159/1319
Mana: 148/290
Stamina: 566/566
Defense: 21/245
AR: 100000389/100000771

Resists:
Fire: 133/93/33 - (78)
Cold: 131/91/31 - (76)
Lightning: 135/95/35 - (80)
Poison: 124/84/24 - (69)
With Fade active, +45%

MF: 125 Block: 13
GF: 99
FR/W: 25
FHR: 17
IAS: 0
FCR: 20

Skills:
Fire Blast: 20/22
Shock Web: 1/3
Blade Sentinel: 1/3
Charged Bolt Sentry: 1/3
Wake of Fire: 1/3
Blade Fury: 1/3
Lightning Sentry: 20/24
Wake of Inferno: 0/0
Death Sentry: 20/22
Blade Shield: 0/0

Claw Mastery: 1/5
Psychic Hammer: 1/5
Burst of Speed: 1/5
Weapon Block: 1/5
Cloak of Shadows: 1/5
Fade: 2/6
Shadow Warrior: 1/5
Mind Blast: 1/6
Venom: 0/0
Shadow Master: 20/24

Gear:
Code:
Claire's Corpse Slippers
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x9de52ac8
Item Level: 29
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +38%
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +16%
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Stone Clasp
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 55
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x59e8b25f
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+58% Enhanced Defense
+18 to Mana
Cold Resist +26%

Raven Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x8792d959
+1 to Maximum Damage
+34 to Mana
All Resistances +11
Damage Reduced by 1
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ghoul Mantle
Scale Mail
Defense: 59
Durability: 30 of 36
Required Strength: 36
Fingerprint: 0x1a060df6
Item Level: 40
Cold Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +12%
Damage Reduced by 3
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -20%
1 Sockets (1 used)

Pain Claw
Chain Gloves
Defense: 11
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x83de3664
Item Level: 71
+15 to Attack Rating
+10% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +4
Cold Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +9%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Light Radius

Blood Coil
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x68a1b14d
Item Level: 69
+5 to Minimum Damage
+32 to Life
All Resistances +11
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Blood Emblem
Amulet
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x767a68f2
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
+3 to Minimum Damage
+16 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +3
Lightning Resist +21%
Fire Resist +33%

Claire's Demon Crest
Circlet
Defense: 28
Durability: 103 of 105
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xb6611952
Item Level: 29
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 9 - 27 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+9 to Energy
1 Sockets (1 used)

[b]Weapons:[/b]
Claire's Soul Thirst
Greater Talons
One Hand Damage: 48 - 87
Fingerprint: 0xdb4a1669
100% Enhanced Damage
+6 to Minimum Damage
+17 to Maximum Damage
+133 to Attack Rating
4% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+1 to Blades of Ice (Assassin Only)
+7 Defense
+6 to Energy
Fire Resist +12%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Bitter Scarab

Bitter Scarab
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xfdacf6d9
+6 to Minimum Damage
+7 Defense
+6 to Energy
Fire Resist +12%

Bitter Claw
Claws
One Hand Damage: 11 - 18
Durability: 64 of 64
Required Strength: 33
Required Dexterity: 33
Fingerprint: 0xb5d2a367
Item Level: 52
21% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Minimum Damage
+139 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 5 Fire Damage
Requirements -30%

[b]Switch:[/b]
Dire Mar
Mithril Point
One Hand Damage: 37 - 115
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 52
Required Dexterity: 98
Fingerprint: 0x8a262e6b
8% Chance to cast level 3 Chain Lightning on attack
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+62 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+198% Damage to Undead
+211 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
Lightning Resist +5%

Imp Badge
Barbed Shield
Defense: 64
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x1e1ec42b
Item Level: 67
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resistances +13

[b]Charms:[/b]
Emerald Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6c6a020a
Poison Resist +28%

Russet Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xf9f0903d
Item Level: 66
Fire Resist +7%

Azure Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x949c5b20
Item Level: 38
+20 to Life
Cold Resist +12%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x45707c4
Item Level: 78
+20 to Life

Viridian Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x10b9696e
Item Level: 3
Poison Resist +7%
5% Extra Gold from Monsters

Lizard's Large Charm of Inertia
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4ada1015
Item Level: 44
+5% Faster Run/Walk
+12 to Mana

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x76a9088e
Item Level: 84
+17 to Life

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2c041eb5
Item Level: 82
87% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 11%
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Emerald Large Charm of Strength
Large Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x79737993
+5 to Strength
Poison Resist +14%

Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x98b31967
Item Level: 79
+34 to Life

Russet Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf1d497f4
Item Level: 23
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Fire Resist +6%

Viridian Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2bdc4174
Item Level: 41
Poison Resist +7%
7% Extra Gold from Monsters

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x3bc67f11
Item Level: 13

Serpent's Large Charm
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc7475c00
Item Level: 55
+28 to Mana

Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x5a2c76cb
+37 to Life

Serpent's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x86237ee7
Item Level: 43
+50 to Mana

[b]Mercenary:[/b]

Name:       Isolde
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Fire - Normal
Experience: 57882280
Level:      83
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   136/136
Dexterity:  205/205
HP:         1380/1409
Defense:    1147/1323
AR:         2212/2227

Fire:       156/116/56
Cold:       162/122/62
Lightning:  168/128/68
Poison:    141/101/41

Imp Casque
Death Mask
Defense: 116
Durability: 20 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xd3c80737
+15 to Attack Rating
+34% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +27%
+1 to Light Radius
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

Corpse Coat
Scale Mail
Defense: 60
Durability: 19 of 36
Required Strength: 44
Fingerprint: 0x6dcc2851
Item Level: 39
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+29 to Life
Cold Resist +8%
Fire Resist +15%
Damage Reduced by 2

Eagle Nock
Gothic Bow
Two Hand Damage: 13 - 83
Durability: 51 of 55
Required Dexterity: 118
Fingerprint: 0xf22a5289
Item Level: 83
37% Enhanced Damage
+15 to Maximum Damage
Adds 51 - 92 Fire Damage
4% Life stolen per hit
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 18%

Originally posted by Quicksilver on Oct 28, 2004:

Guardian Darkstryke

I did it... I DID IT! 👏

Presenting (my first ever) Guardian Darkstryke, my untwinked HC Trapassin.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload4/guardian1.jpg
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload4/guardian2.jpg
http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload4/guardian3.jpg

Stats from ATMA
Character name : Darkstryke
Character type : Hardcore Assassin
Character level : 81
Character exp : 804762584

Strength : 79
Energy : 25
Dexterity : 79
Vitality : 317
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 1382 / 1161
Mana : 208 / 145
Stamina : 746 / 566

Gold (Inventory): 13727
Gold (Stash) : 1813876

Equipment
Helm: 3-socket Superior Crown with Ral/Ort/Tal runes
Armour: 4-socket Full Plate Mail with Ral/Ort/Tal/Thul runes
Weapon: Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Shield: The Ward, socketed with a Perfect Diamond
Gloves: (Darkstryke's) Frostburn
Belt: (Darkstryke's) String of Ears
Boots: Aldur's Advance
Ring 1: (Rare) +11 to Mana/+34 to Attack Rating/Magic Damage Reduced by 1/Fire Resist +25%
Ring 2: +44 to Mana
Amulet: +70 to Life/Cold Resist +22%

And plenty of resist and life charms, including two Shimmering Grand Charms (+13%/+14% respectively).

-Merc-
Level 81 - Kasim - Holy Freeze
Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Weapon: Ethereal Athena's Wrath
Armour: Heavenly Garb (upgraded to Mage Plate)

Skills
20 Fireblast
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Death Sentry
14 Charged Bolt Sentry
9 Shadow Master
1 Mind Blast
1 Cloak of Shadows
1 Burst of Speed
1 Fade
1 Claw Mastery
1 Shadow Warrior
1 Weapon Block
1 Psychic Hammer

Best Finds
Ethereal Gimmershred
Boneflame
Fleshripper

Normal was simple enough. As with any Trapassin, its slow going to start with and Duriel was a pain... Finding a Gull Dagger from a weapon rack in Act 2 set me off on the MF route. I eventually made myself some simple MF gear (socketed Breastplate and Full Helm full of Topazes of varying grades), and used that as my questing gear, picking up some regular Uniques.

Nightmare, and things started getting interesting. Act 1 and 2 were simple enough. Act 3 wasn't too bad, but it was the first time I had to be particularly careful, taking it slow in Doll-infested areas. After I killed Meph, I ran him a few times to see if I could pick anything up... on the 3rd run I got the Bartucs :D

Hell mode... I had to switch down to /players 1 for this, and I stayed with that all the way. Act 1 wasn't too bad, although it was a bit scary when my mouse messed up during the fight with Andariel. I ran her and NM Meph a few times once I hit Act 2 Hell, picking up some exceptional Uniques, and most importantly, the ethereal Athena's Wrath and Tal's Horadric Crest for my merc. Had a big NDE when I got hit by the FE bug. A Dried Corpse minion of an FE boss took 1000~ life from me when my merc killed him. Good thing for me was, I had 1200~ life.

Act 2 was fairly straightforward as well. I was still killing quite quickly as this point. Duriel was a pain as usual, but I beat him after a few trips to town and went to Act 3. THEN it got bad, real fast. Masses of LIs, and the Doll packs were even more deadly. The Durance was a real nuisance since it was filled with LI Maulers, which took a LONG time to kill. Hell Meph didn't drop anything, but I didn't really care when I got into Act 4 because...

...I found my first ever Elite Unique from a chest in the Outer Steppes - an ethereal Gimmershred. I was annoyed about that, but still happy since I'd completed a goal I'd set for myself: find an Elite Unique. I made steady progress through Act 4, even taking out Gloams with relative ease thanks to max resists, 1250~ life and Cloak of Shadows, although my merc got nuked a few times in the Chaos Sanctuary because of Iron Maiden. Diablo was very easy, and he dropped me a Headstriker, Boneflame (YAY!), and Natalya's Shadow.

Act 5... ooh this was so stressful. I made fairly fast progress through the regular areas, but Nihlathak's Temple was very slow going since it had LI Night Lord frenzytaurs *shudder* I had to park a few packs of them since I just couldn't take them. Nihlathak was a lot easier than I expected, thanks to Death Sentry. By the time I thought it would be safe to poke my head around the corner to see what was going on, the CEs had almost killed him.

The Ancients. I'll say this: I took them first time, no rerolls ;) They all got mods like Mana Burn, Magic Resistant and LE, so I just ran around placing traps. Korlic was first to die, since he wasn't LI. Talic WAS LI FI, but something took out most of his life. Getting him to die took a while though, that last sliver of life seemed to last forever. Then it was Madawc. By this time my potion pile had run out, and I was down to just a Full Rejuv and one Super Healing Potion. So I got him trapped against the cliff edge, and my merc and shadow whittled him down while I threw Fireblasts and recast my shadow, mana regen permitting.

Once I got into the Worldstone Keep I was so nervous I could barely keep the mouse still, and that didn't help because I knew I either had to continue on, stand my ground and fight no matter what, or quit and have to face the Ancients again. Actually getting a foothold into the WSK was difficult because of a Night Lord vampire boss pack near the entrance, with a Cursed Lightning Enchanted Fanaticism leader, and Invaders that kept coming to see what was going on, then charging straight for my 'sin >_<

Level 2 had Suicide Minions, Gloams and Greater Hell Spawns. That went fairly easily, due to mostly being CI/FI. Level 3 had Soul Killers, Oblivion/Doom Knights, and Horror Mages. A bit slower, but still fairly easy.

When I got down to the Throne, I was faced with Frenzytaurs, Claw Vipers and Dolls. I took it slow and managed to kill them, though the Frenzytaurs gave me a few scares.

Baal's minion packs were a LOT easier than I expected. DS pretty much slaughtered every group, but the Minions of Destruction needed a few waves of LS first to get the first kill.

Then the fight with Baal... it went as I thought it would. Not too easy, but not too hard. I think Baal is a lot more fond of making tentacles in NM/Hell, since he kept making masses of them. Unfortunately for me, they almost killed me a few times (I was panicking at that point, but managed to keep going), but I eventually prevailed.

By the time I was finished, I felt like the hero in a horror film who survived until the end, like Ripley in Aliens. That "its over... ITS OVER!" feeling. I was actually trembling from the experience!

Now I'm going to get a drink, after this hideously long write up, and relax. :drink:

Originally posted by scrcrw on Jan 30, 2010:

Guardian Curry - The Yellow-Bellied Assassin

Well, I finally made it to Guardian with one of my tournament chars. Since I've never played HC outside of tournaments, this also makes her my first Guardian ever. Curry took part in the Yellow Bellies tournament by UllaV.
Rules:
  • untwinked, single pass, HC
  • all rare equipment (char and merc)
  • socketing: only topazes and rare jewels
  • no Atma/GoMule (self-imposed, made the stash look like this)

LCS (faded, with antifreeze)

Stats & Skills:
Code:
Name:       Curry
Class:      Assassin
Experience: 671442589
Level:      79

Naked/Gear
Strength:   85/87
Dexterity:  75/98
Vitality:   300/300
Energy:     25/59
HP:         1106/1312
Mana:       142/180
Stamina:    542/566
Defense:    18/356
AR:         339/653

Fire:       144/104/44
Cold:       49/9/-51
Lightning:  137/97/37
Poison:     93/53/-7

Fire Blast: 1/4
Shock Web: 1/4
Blade Sentinel: 1/4
Charged Bolt Sentry: 2/5
Wake of Fire: 1/4
Blade Fury: 20/23
Lightning Sentry: 20/23
Death Sentry: 20/23

Claw Mastery: 3/6
Psychic Hammer: 1/4
Burst of Speed: 1/4
Weapon Block: 1/4
Cloak of Shadows: 1/4
Fade: 1/4
Shadow Warrior: 6/9
Mind Blast: 1/4
Venom: 9/12
Shadow Master: 0/0

After previous experiences with Bladefury in the Certain Death and GwE tournaments, my plan was to try 20pt fury boosted by a Might merc and supported by a Shadow Warrior and DS.

Equipment:
Code:
Doom Shell
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x7d43353b
Item Level: 27
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+2 to Strength
+6 to Dexterity
+6 to Energy
+3 to Life
+36 to Mana
Lightning Resist +13%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x3ccfea93
+2 to Strength
+6 to Dexterity
+3 to Life
Lightning Resist +6%

Havoc Crook
Quarterstaff
Two Hand Damage: 8 - 26
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x68feec4a
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+118% Damage to Undead
+105 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 10 - 38 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
9% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Teleport (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
Lightning Resist +22%
Level 3 Teleport (41/41 Charges)

Imp Knuckle
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 5
Fingerprint: 0xfcdd9624
3% Mana stolen per hit
Lightning Resist +9%
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius
Level 4 Weaken (11/30 Charges)

Curry's Imp Song
Greater Claws
One Hand Damage: 30 - 69
Durability: 52 of 52
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 76
Required Dexterity: 76
Fingerprint: 0x6bc5b02e
69% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Maximum Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+51 to Attack Rating
Prevent Monster Heal
Cold Resist +8%
Required Level +5

Wraith Song
Fascia
One Hand Damage: 13 - 63
Required Strength: 69
Required Dexterity: 69
Fingerprint: 0x11a33cd3
72% Enhanced Damage
+16 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 2 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 13 Lightning Damage
Adds 1 - 4 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)

Armageddon Hide
Sharktooth Armor
Defense: 249
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 83
Fingerprint: 0x8fccc466
Item Level: 63
+9 to Dexterity
+42 to Life
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +22%
+2 to Light Radius
Required Level +5
Requirements -20%

Ghoul Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x71109715
10% Chance to cast level 3 Charged Bolt when struck
+14 to Energy
+31 to Life
Fire Resist +36%

Viper Grip
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xaa02b939
Item Level: 35
+3 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +27%
Poison Resist +13%
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 1 Ice Blast (22/22 Charges)

Dire Tread
Chain Boots
Defense: 11
Fingerprint: 0x17922067
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+15 to Attack Rating
+13% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +40%
Poison Resist +28%
Half Freeze Duration
+1 to Light Radius

Raven Grip
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x9640965e
+4 to Minimum Damage
+79 to Attack Rating
+14 to Energy
+11 Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +14%
Level 2 Ice Blast (25/25 Charges)

Curry's Ghoul Lash
Mesh Belt
Defense: 35
Fingerprint: 0xedbf70
Item Level: 33
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+31 to Life
Cold Resist +7%
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +10%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Required Level +5

Grim Claw
Chain Gloves
Defense: 9
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xa1c9489d
Item Level: 57
+20 to Attack Rating
3% Life stolen per hit
Lightning Resist +19%
Fire Resist +29%
Charms:
Code:
Russet Small Charm of Frost
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa2be9bf9
Item Level: 15
Adds 1 - 2 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Fire Resist +7%

Tangerine Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xfa90701d
+7 to Life
Lightning Resist +5%

Ocher Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x8c48dae2
+2 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +7%

Russet Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5e5e42e
Fire Resist +7%

Rugged Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x37de5999
+13 to Life
+13 Maximum Stamina

Ocher Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd13aa313
Item Level: 47
Lightning Resist +6%

Crimson Small Charm of Lightning
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc5480bea
Item Level: 36
Adds 1 - 10 Lightning Damage
Fire Resist +5%

Stout Small Charm of the Glacier
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa282be89
Item Level: 61
Adds 3 - 6 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+1 Defense

Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x47b6507a
+11 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc25701be
+11 to Life

Fiery Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x9eed81ef
Item Level: 38
Adds 1 - 3 Fire Damage
+17 to Life

Fine Large Charm of Dexterity
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8e69606f
+2 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating
+5 to Dexterity

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1765e8d3
+11 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x69166918
+15 to Life

Mentalist's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa1e48c74

Small Charm of Pestilence
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x35f93d7c
Item Level: 53
Adds 25 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)

Lizard's Small Charm of Storms
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb0979ce1
Adds 1 - 27 Lightning Damage
+2 to Mana

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8c34c8ea
+14 to Life

The ITD from her main claw was of course very much necessary considering her +-0 AR. Otherwise +2 all and +1 traps/shadow from equipment which was nice. NM Mephisto was kind enough to provide the 'nigma-on-a-stick (teleport staff). The gloves with weaken charges are from late Hell and were only used once.

Merc:
Code:
Mercenary:

Name:       Emilio
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 59918222
Level:      79

Naked/Gear
Strength:   176/177
Dexterity:  141/141
HP:         1527/1589
Defense:    1132/1821
AR:         1841/1841

Fire:       143/103/43
Cold:       143/103/43
Lightning:  174/134/74
Poison:    143/103/43

Armageddon Crest
Circlet
Defense: 29
Fingerprint: 0xea666fea
Item Level: 42
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
26% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Minimum Damage
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +31%
Attacker Takes Damage of 7

Raven Coat
Wire Fleece
Defense: 660
Durability: 30 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x52bb9154
+37% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Strength
+43 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

Storm Thirst
Battle Scythe
Two Hand Damage: 44 - 101
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Strength: 72
Required Dexterity: 72
Fingerprint: 0xaee6fff4
+20% Increased Attack Speed
51% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Minimum Damage
Ethereal

As you can probably guess from his equip, the merc was very fragile and didn't do much damage. Tried to help him out with imbues, but they all turned out very, very bad.

Normal: Rather slow progress due to several other D1 and D2 characters that took up my time. Decided to max LS/DS first, less dependent on equipment than fury. Full clears on /p7.

NM: More of the same. Still full clearing on /p7, still playing more or less as a common lightning trapsin. Started to max out BF though and finished it at level 73. Starting to perform well against the occasional LIs. Otherwise no special occurences (see tournament thread). Reached Hell at level 74.

Hell: LCS starting out (usually unfaded with a different amulet). I had already decided not to do full clears anymore (and no non-essential quests). My merc couldn't tank anything, so I also decided to stick to /p1, i.e. a mad rush for Guardian. Additionally I tried to keep the one game open for all of Hell, so I could go back whenever I wanted without violating the single pass rule - we'll see how that went.

Act 1: Steady progress on /p1. Bloodraven? Too many LIs. Countess? Too many tight corridors. Waypoints? Don't need them. Little jog around her lake with Andariel.

Act 2: Did Radament, never know what I'll need that skill point for (saving up since maxing fury at lvl 73). Next up: Maggot Lair - dual LI/PI beetle bosses. Enter teleport staff. Goodbye then. Otherwise no problems, max Light res all the way (at that point even unfaded). Easy progress through the Viper temple, Palace and Arcane Sanctuary. Duriel hit hard but was no real danger.

Act 3: BF did really well against those tiny LI flayers. Easy progress. Left out the temples, Sarina is too much of a risk. High council went well, not too much trouble. Lovely run around one of the local lakes. Brilliant teleport in the Sewers on a hunch.
Entering Durance 3 - conviction Bremm. Oh well, engage panic teleport over the wall. Great, no one there. In the end (moat trapped) Mephisto was the only monster I killed in that level. Also: saving up money D1-style.

Act 4: Lovely LE Balrog right at the start. Slow progress, I'd like a wand with LR charges please (no luck though). Izual was surprisingly easy. No gloams. RoF had Abbys Knights, Urdars and Maggots. LE Urdar near the entrance. Frantic teleporting deeper into the area. Astonishingly still alive. Took a quick peek at Hephasto - LI/PI. No, thanks. Slow and steady in the CS, I think my CoS and MB hotkeys are starting to wear out. Vizier - De Seis - Infector
Diablo was mostly shot from afar. He twice tried to trap Curry - with one half of a bone prison. Huh? Well, had teleport anyway.

Act 5: Kept to the right for the first few areas and teleport past obstacles. Then disaster: the game crashed right before entering the Frozen River. Well, at least I had the first WP... Also the map for A5 got corrupted (but not for the rest of Hell, very weird). Well, lets do that again. More teleporting this time. Skipped Anya, had decent resists anyway.
Time for the Ancients. I already knew that this build had a serious flaw: there was no way I could do (serious) damage to Madawc.
Alright, lets give it a first try. Korlic and Talic fell easily. Hmm, maybe this is not so bad. Well it was. Ran out of potions, merc went down and I had to tp. Hadn't even slightly damaged Madawc.
For the next hour or so I tried to get a combination with manageable Korlic/Talic and a weak Madawc. Also dumped record amounts of potions on the floor. Decided to put the 9 saved skill points into Venom to make the few BF hits count (600 AR...). Fireblast would (probably) have been the better choice. Most worryingly I started to run out of money and fat purples. I had started out with ~2,4 million. Merc revives and teleport charges from the more promising tries started to eat it up.
Then, with around ~100k left, an Extra Fast/Mana Burn Madawc. Alright, now or never. Korlic was quickly separated and downed easily (CI/Tele). Separating Talic ate up most remaining tele charges. But he also went down without too much trouble. Refilled on potions and engaged Madawc.
Nice, with Weaken from the glove on him, I could keep the merc alive. Healing pots were starting to run out though. With one left, the merc was in the red and Madawc nearly slivered. Ran around a bit and got the merc back up in the yellow. Bloody Madawc always ignored the SW. Still, with every healing pot gone, he finally died. Most tense fight I ever had in D2.

Alright, now for the final stretch. One merc revive left, no purples left (or so I thought, didn't see the 2 remaining ones...). After that Ancients fight I absolutely can't die now.
WSK1: Stair trapped by an LE Assailant(?) boss. Engage panic teleport. Woot, the stairs down. I'm out of here.
WSK2/3: Death Lords and Abyss Knights (not in the same level). Not too much trouble. Calmed down and kept a cool head. Also found the exits quickly.
Throne: No stair trap. Nice. First Monsters: Amp witches. Alright, they're easy to CoS and kill. Next up: OKs and a Horadrim Ancient boss. Oh well, never thought this would be easy. Also: goodbye merc, I need the money for potions. Had to park the LE boss, couldn't damage him.
The waves went reasonably well. Had to park LE Ventar. Also parked cursed/PI Lister because I couldn't be bothered...
After all that, Baal was simply routine. Load up on antifreeze, tp out if he clones himself or spawns too many tentacles. Celebrations all round.

Haven't done cows yet, but went back for the HF.

Finds: SoJ from NM Lost City, Mal from HF. Cubed lots of skill charms: Shadow, Light, Pala Combat +14life, Java, Def Aura, Warcries - of which I only kept the Shadow one, the others were vendored or cubed again.
The SoJ and Mal probably won't leave the chest either, not planning on going twinked in the near future.

NDEs: One very bad one when an LE Tomb Viper boss spawned right on top of Curry from the evil urn in Nihlatak's level. Didn't actually lose too much health, but running away was stupid enough to have warranted instant deeds...
In Hell some scary situations with the Ancients when I was getting frustrated. Otherwise very safe, even when blind teleporting occasionally.

Comments: Maxed Bladefury works quite well together with a might merc, even with crappy gear. No competition for FB as a Trapsin backup skill though. A simple EthEthEthEth sword would most likely have made the Ancients fight much easier, wasn't allowed in this tournament though.
Should have gone for SM instead of SW, but I was planning for a more BF-centric build initially.

Closing words: Thanks for reading this (even though you probably skipped the wall of text). Most of all: Thank you UllaV, not only for this tournament. You'll be missed.

Originally posted by sequana on Apr 4, 2007:

My first untwinked guardian -- blade fury trapsin

Let me introduce EPONA -- my first untwiked guardian (1/7):

Name: Epona
Lvl: 79
stregth: 77 (75)
dextrity: 162 (131)
vitality: 259 / life 1270
energy: 25 / mana 218

resists(without fade) f/c/l/p : 38/-2/40/13 with fade 65/25/67/40

skills
shadow disciplines: SM 20, fade 2, venom 8, CoS 1, mind blast 2
traps: LS 20.......damage 1- 1142
DS 20......damage 1-1040
fire blast 6
blade fury 1..........damage 188-296, I used it in combination with venom, but the final damage was figured strange, so I can't tell the precise number

HF nm/hell: Io / Mal
drops: sets: Vidala armor, Natalyas Totem
uniques: The fetid Sprinkler, Razortail, eth Spirit Shroud, gambled Silkwave

Gear: I found useful circlet and belt, gambled nice boots, amulet looks poor but it once saved my life, the rest is nothing special.
HF merc, rare weapon with prevent monster heal
Code:
Chromatic Circlet of Life Everlasting
Defense: 21
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xfbbb16a5
Damage Reduced by 25
All Resistances +24

Rugged Amulet of the Squid
Fingerprint: 0x8b65ca6d
+79 to Life
+18 to Maximum Stamina

Skull Spur
Heavy Boots
Defense: 5
Kick Damage: 4 to 10
Required Strength: 18
Item Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x85ed6335
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +7%
Cold Resist +25%
30% Faster Run/Walk
Half Freeze Duration
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 101
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xa602fe44
+15 to Dexterity
+135% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Maximum Damage
+15 Defense
Piercing Attack [33]
Attacker Takes Damage of 79 (Based on Character Level)

Gemmed Dusk Shroud
'OrtRal'
Defense: 435
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x895b4eb4
+76 to Life
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +30%
Socketed (4: 4 used)

The Fetid Sprinkler
Holy Water Sprinkler
One-Hand Damage: 51 to 119
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 76
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xbfcc2170
+162% Enhanced Damage
+159 to Attack Rating
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+159 poison damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
150% Damage to Undead
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 1 Confuse on striking

Epona's Beast Tower
Heater
Defense: 142
Chance to Block:  67%
Durability: 88 of 88
Fingerprint: 0x5e3741e6
+2 to Strength
+28% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +19%
Cold Resist +19%
Poison Resist +24%
30% Faster Block Rate
11% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Sander's Taboo
Heavy Gloves
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0xa045ff7
+40 to Life
+22 Defense
Adds 8-10 poison damage over 3 seconds

Coral Ring of Remedy
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x6c388626
Lightning Resist +30%

Dread Coil
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x1c36ba9f
+10 to Dexterity
+10 to Life
+18 to Mana
+31 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +16%

All WPs and quests are completed
ATMA was used only for muling-off
I didn't do any boss re-running
I wanted to play without use esc->save & exit game to save myself in hot while, but at the end of 5th act hell I had to infringe this in at least 3 cases, so I'm a little discontented with this.

This char was really enjoyable and quite safe. On normal difficulty I was nice surprised at the efficiency of blade fury and NM was comfortable thanks to traps. On hell worse times came.
First unpleasant quest was killing Blood Raven. My strategy was running aroud and using mind blast a lot. Of course I put there many DS, but at first no result. But with first dead body on the ground my victory was closer and then all crowd of zombies fell as dominoes.
Another hot while was in 3 act DoH. Killing council was ok, I entered into DoH 1 and next entrance was several steps far, really nice. But when I entered into DoH 2 crowd of dolls ran out. I was standing beside and watching SM and merc how they fought. But mind blast was a treachery. Several converted dolls were running everywhere around me, I was a bit confused and suddenly they exploded beside me. I almost expected that fatal notice on the screen. Fortunately not, my ammy with 76 life saved my life. I think only 20-30 hitpoints could remain me, really hot while.
Act 4 -- nice roll of monsters, no souls, LI were only harmless doom casters.And big D. I didn't see him. Of course it wasn't brave to stand round the corner and put traps, but effective.
Act 5 -- first using esc key in Pindl's garden. It was bad idea to want to kill him. I was charged back into the garden, full of standing undeads and no way back, no way ahead. In my second attempt I used only mind blast and ran around him without killing him.
Next problem were ancients, but because of error in game owing to using CoS (thanks to this forum I solved it, one more thanks). Ancients themselves weren't hard, only LI Madowc was so annoying. And then happily to WSK, step by step I reached ToD, minions didn't cause any problems, only killing Baal lasted over 20 minutes, but safety was my priority.
So this was my way to be guardian.

Thank you for reading my thread and I'm looking forward to my next one.

Originally posted by sicfire on Jan 17, 2009:

Guardian Nikita

Nikita's journey started out in an awkward way, my gf being the nice person she is took it onto herself to help me out. Recently I bought a new laptop because of starting school soon, at the time I had Diablo 2 running on my older pc. Went to work one day, but before hand my wife asked me what I was going to do with my old pc. I told her I had already arranged to sell it to her brother. Anyway when I got home my pc was already gone, she took the liberty of selling it to him herself. Well before giving him my pc she didn't exactly take my characters off of it. Long story short all my characters were deleted by her brother. Kinda gave me a way to start a new career in hardcore, now technically this character should have been Nikita-II because Nikita was actually ran through normal and then deleted so I could start my hardcore character. As soon as I knew I was going to create her I posted her on the Quest for 99 Ladder (11-01-09)... That will be Nikita's true quest.

Characters lost from deletion by her brother:
Level 89 Stafe Amazon
Level 86 Meteorb Sorceress
Level 86 FA/ LF Amazon
Level 85 WW Barbarian
Level 75 Hammer Paladin
Level 35 Fury/ Rabies Druid
Level 31 Ghost Assassin (if I could ever find the OHM Rune:whistling:)
and a bunch of lower level characters.

Anyways back to the write-up of Nikita...

Level 82
Experience: 812,780,918

Stats
Strength: 79
Dexterity: 79
Vitality: 322
Energy: 25

Resists
FR: 85 (Nokozan Amulet)
CR: 75
LR: 75
PR: 75

Skills
FB: 20
SW: 5 (All remaining points will go here)
CBS: 20
LS: 20
DS: 20

CM: 1
BoS: 1
Fade: 1 (Which was never used)
PH: 1
WB: 1
CoS: 1
SW: 1
MB: 1

Gear
Code:
Glyph Song
Claws
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 26
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 46
Required Strength: 46
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xe0489ca9
+78% Enhanced Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +9%
Adds 1-34 lightning damage
8% Life stolen per hit
30% Increased Attack Speed

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xcc0f8990
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
All Resistances +25
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Gemmed Large Shield
Defense: 14
Chance to Block: 37%
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 34
Fingerprint: 0x24d4ef8
All Resistances +57

Ghoul Hand
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 70
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x21d9283c
+96% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +29%
Replenish Life +4

Blood Lash
Belt
Defense: 6
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xf1a7363d
+11% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +14%
Cold Resist +14%
10% Faster Hit Recovery
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nova when struck

Emerald Greaves of Luck
Defense: 13
Kick Damage: 10 to 20
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x9d1374c3
Poison Resist +37%
32% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Death Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xf634b4ba
+83 to Mana
Lightning Resist +5%
6% Life stolen per hit

Eagle Touch
Ring
Item Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xccc24dae
+1 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +24%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration

Nokozan Relic
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5078d2e9
Fire Resist +50%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 3-6 fire damage
+3 to Light Radius
20% Faster Hit Recovery

Peasant Crown
War Hat
Defense: 108
Durability: 11 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x64974250
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+100% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +9
15% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to All Skill Levels
Charms
Code:
Serpent's Large Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x449ed269
+16 to Life
+31 to Mana

Coral Large Charm of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x3e0d2c1a
Lightning Resist +11%
12% Extra Gold from Monsters

Coral Grand Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x7826b912
Lightning Resist +22%
7% Faster Run/Walk

Sapphire Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3b0a4c1e
Cold Resist +28%

Lapis Grand Charm
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xbb95d05c
Cold Resist +17%

Entrapping Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa5a1bb89

Russet Small Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x24ba5203
+8 to Life
Fire Resist +7%

Snake's Small Charm of Inertia
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x2681c54b
+10 to Mana
3% Faster Run/Walk

Viridian Small Charm
Item Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xfb284534
Poison Resist +6%

Cobalt Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x98afb21a
Cold Resist +8%

Ocher Large Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x5578467e
+2 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +8%

Viridian Small Charm of Fire
Fingerprint: 0x9ed40514
Poison Resist +6%
Adds 2-4 fire damage

Garnet Small Charm
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xbed39367
Fire Resist +8%

Ocher Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x971b029
Lightning Resist +6%

Sapphire Small Charm of Shock
Fingerprint: 0x964d5b5c
Cold Resist +10%
Adds 1-3 lightning damage

Pratham
Nightmare Defensive Merc
Gear:
Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 37 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x4a633073
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
Damage Reduced by 18%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Crow Caw
Tigulated Mail
Defense: 530
Durability: 32 of 36
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x4f57b950
+15 to Dexterity
+178% Enhanced Defense
15% Increased Attack Speed
15% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Open Wounds

Insight
Partizan
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 130 to 267
Durability: 37 of 65
Required Dexterity: 67
Required Strength: 113
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x155bc26f
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+257% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+1 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
237% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 14 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Normal Forge: Tal
Nightmare Forge: Sol
Hell Forge: Ko

Decent drops:
Windhammer
Wraith Flight

Had no NDE, but for some reason the Chaos Sanctuary posed a big problem and had to Save and Exit (Only one throughout the entire game). Only had to play the Ancients twice. First time I ran out of potions Very fun and safe character.

Still need to find claws with at least +3 to traps, that would be her next quest and finishing at level 99 would be her final quest. By the way if you didn't notice by the equipment she was untwinked as this is my first character after my restart.

Originally posted by skoolbus on Jan 24, 2010:

Guardian Brutus, Fire Trapsin

Finally got myself my first guardian, many many years and deaths in the making. I had previously gotten a LS trapsin into hell before, but I died somewhere, so fire is the way to go for me. I've been playing her on and off for several months now, so I don't remember much from the early stages in Normal or NM. About the only thing memorable in NM was a Pally combat GC of strength dropping in the Flayer jungle, I think the earliest that happens, so muled that off. Her killing speed was amazing throughout NM and the first three acts of Hell, monsters dropped like flies. I didn't get the council quest because one of them was FI/PI, so I just let him be and went on to Meph. Hell Meph gave me the best drop I've seen in a very long while, a 4% BKWB, the first +skill ring I've ever found. Despite the gigantic life boost it would have given me, I muled it off because I needed the resists on my current rings more than an extra skill and life.

Act 4 in Hell was a total nightmare. Everything is fire immune and my only way to deal with them at that point was the merc. Anything not fire immune spawned an army of little annoying monsters which were made faster than DS could kill. The result was a bloodbath. Merc died a lot to IM, but I had saved up money in anticipation to revive him. HF's were rubbish, I think Amn and Ko.

Act 5 was fairly easy, not many FI's, but I didn't do any side areas or quests that were off the beaten path (except rescuing Anya for some added resists). Frozenstein was FE/CE/LE so I stayed as far away while killing him. I had five skill points saved up, so I decided to get Shadow Master with them to distract the ancients, which were a major pain. The other night when I was doing it, for whatever reason, D2 decided that it wasn't going to let me finish the game. It crashed at least a dozen times, several of those times I had killed two ancients and was chugging along the last one, then crash. Luckily the Arreat Summit was very close to the WP, so it wasn't much of a problem getting back. It was annoying losing most of my Full Rejuv stash I dropped on the ground the first time it crashed, and then my teleport staff another time, but it all worked out in the end. The WSK didn't pose any problem, no doom or oblivion knights were seen. For the last two packs of minions, I had to wear Hwanin's Belt and use Blade Fury to stop the ridiculous regeneration rate and then let the merc mop up. Brutus brushed off Baal's attacks like dandruff and finished him off with no problems. The drop could have been better, but I'm certainly not complaining.

I reran countess a few times looking for an El rune at the start of Act5 hell, because I had found a 5os Thresher and wanted to make Honor since my merc's previous weapon had no LL and my merc was taking too much of a beating. I reran her a few more times looking for a Tir to make strength a bit later, but gave up after about three runs. Brutus was untwinked, (almost) single pass, and didn't use an extended stash, just the one in town.

Here's her stats and inventory.
Naked and without charms or Fade, her stats are:
Strength - 70
Dex - 55
Vita - 345
Energy - 25
Life - 1243
Mana - 143
Resists were all -70%

Skills without/with gear:
Fire Blast/WOF/WOI - 20/25
Weapon Block - 5/7
Fade - 8/10
SM - 6/8
1 in DS, MB, BF and all prereqs.

WOF damage: 394-453
WOI damage: 1310-1492

WOF was used almost exclusively as my killing skill, and it did a really good job. I used WOI a few times when there was just a single strong monster to kill. Don't let the small WOF numbers fool you, with five traps hitting pretty fast and across most of the screen, it adds up fast. FI's were dealt with by my might merc, Waheed, who was plagued throughout most of the game with no LL.

My endgame gear:
Code:
Sigon's Sabot
Greaves
Defense: 13
Kick Damage: 10 to 20
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0xa7e15608
Cold Resist +40%
20% Faster Run/Walk

Bitter Grip
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2638dbe0
+79 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +25%

Viper Knuckle
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 8
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0xf0e43549
+17% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +29%
Replenish Life +3
10% Increased Attack Speed

Peasant Crown
War Hat
'Shael'
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xf1ed40f
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+100% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +6
15% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels

Brutus' Gemmed Gothic Plate
Defense: 130
Durability: 54 of 55
Item Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x6194b56e
88% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Grim Lash
Plated Belt
Defense: 21
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0xa521e304
+45 to Life
+77% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +23%
63% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Scintillating Ring
Required Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xa0a9157f
All Resistances +13

Scintillating Amulet of the Whale
Fingerprint: 0x52282975
+100 to Life
All Resistances +13

War Staff of Teleportation (on switch)
Two-Hand Damage: 12 to 28
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa43541d6
+2 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Level 5 Teleport (48/48 Charges)

Magekiller's Scissors Katar of Quickness
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 17
(Assassin Only)
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xa2337706
75% Increased Attack Speed

Cunning Blade Talons of the Bear
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 14
(Assassin Only)
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xbe89a263
Knockback
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
Merc Gear:
Code:
1: Pain Crest
Casque
Defense: 129
Required Strength: 59
Fingerprint: 0x60f53514
+5 to Energy
+13 to Life
+78% Enhanced Defense
2% Life stolen per hit
5% Deadly Strike

2: Lionheart
Cuirass
'HelLumFal'
Defense: 194
Durability: 27 of 50
Fingerprint: 0xbb2c6c34
+25 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+50 to Life
+20% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%

3: Honor
Thresher
'AmnElIthTirSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 375
Durability: 43 of 65
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 152
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xc215bdd
+10 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
25% Deadly Strike
Socketed (5: 5 used)
I was using a Nagel and a MF ammy for a lot of Hell, and I kept a Lower resist want and Hwanin's belt in my stash, along with various runes, gems, resist rings, and jewels.

All in all, she was an extremely fun character to play (aren't all 'Sins?) and very safe. Next time I'll have to try completely all quests and getting all WP's. Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Toppo on Aug 16, 2005:

Guardian Selene

Well, it took me some time but finally she's a Guardian. Selene is my first and only Assassin and was started long ago. Got her to act2 Hell in 1.10, but then I got bored with her and started some SC characters and forgot about her until a couple of days ago I felt like playing again with her. Now that I'm playing 1.11 and she had a Lem and a 3-sock armor in her stash I made Treachery and started playing. Two days later:

Guardian Selene
An untwinked HC Trapsin

Stats
Str - 79
Dex - 79
Vit - 282
Nrg - 50

Traps
Fire Blast - 20
Shock Web - 3
Charged Bolt Sentry - 13
Lightning Sentry - 20
Death Sentry - 20

Shadow Disciplines
1 point in all except 6 in Shadow Master

Martial Arts

Equipment:

Treachery
Light Plate
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 97
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0xf6139579
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck

Lore
Rhyme
Witch-hunter's Blade Talons (+2 to Assassin skills)
Rare Gloves with resists and such crappy mods
Sigon's belt & boots
Trickster's Amulet (+2 traps)
Ocher Ring of Confusion (19% Li resist/level 1 Confuse)
Dwarf Star

1 trap skiller + MCs/SCs with life & resists

HF Merc
(Tooththrow + crappy rare helm & lance)

So, why claw/shield and not claw/claw? Well, I just couldn't find/shop a decent second claw. And she couldn't have gotten CBF from anywhere else. I would've also loved to make an Honor polearm for my merc but just didn't find a proper weapon.

A couple of screenies:

Something wrong here? Or has it always been like this?

The End + Baal's droppings

In 1.10 this would have been a rather deadly

Notable finds:
2x Lem (both Hellforges)
Ruby Jewel 36%
A couple of common EUs

Thoughts:
HC is now (1.11) much easier
Fire Blast is fun
BoS is good against the Ancients - when your merc dies in a second and SM doesn't seem to survive either, you'll just have to run around the Summit screaming like a little girl while laying traps and Fire Blasting that LI dude :D

Oh, right, no NDEs whatsoever 👍

Originally posted by Tupsi on Mar 26, 2009:

Guardian Bombazine_Doll

I tried to make my title very alluring and original to make people read my thread. Couldn't come up with anything original. Maybe that's acceptabe since my build isn't original at all. I trust to the word 'guardian'. But now some trivia.
I came up with the name when I was listening to music and some dude sang "my bombazine doll". It was a war-themed song and I read from wikipedia and dictionaries what bombazine actually meant. "Bombazine, or bombasine, is a fabric originally made of silk or silk and wool. - -Black bombazine was once used largely for mourning wear."
It had a meaning since my assassin would be most probably wearing something with all black graphics, it sounded ok and I thought it would be nice to think that my character was in her mourning wear, since no one else would give a damn if she died. So I went for that name. I'm terrible with names. Sometimes it takes an hour or two get a character started since I can't name her. 'Her' since male characters are easier. Actually they have got their names in less than 30 seconds most of the time.
Anyway, she didn't die. She was always cautious, laid traps to check the corners, psychic hammer radared the dark areas for monsters and never progressed hastily. That paid off. May I introduce my first Guardian: Bombazine_Doll. She's a trapper. A lightning trapper to be exact. To the stats.

Level: 82

Stats:
Strenght: 61
Dexterity: 55
Vitality: 307
Energy: 25 (43)
Unspent: 57 (to raise my stats to meet the requirements for Greater Talons)

Traps (+9 skills):
20 Fire Blast
20 Shock Web
6 Charged Bolt Sentry
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Death Sentry

Shadow Disciplines (+3 skills, +9 when casting fade):
One in all but Venom, Shadow Master and Shadow Warrior

Martial Arts:
none

Life: 1197
Mana: 224
Defense: 338
Chance to block: 39%

Fire Resistance: 7
Cold Resistance: 1
Light Resistance: 75 (stacked)
Poison Resistance: 1

Damage numbers
Lightning Sentry: 1-3977
Death Sentry: 1-1876
Shock Web: 1-1515
Fire Blast: 1724-2099

Trap laying speed, don't really know. Quite fast, not the fastest.

Gear:
Rich (BB code):
Main claw
Cunning Scissors Katar
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x91894ab4

Off claw
Trickster's Scissors Katar of Quickness
'Shael'
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0xebd4ffe4
60% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Lore
Cap
'OrtSol'
Defense: 4
Item Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xf436b558
+10 to Energy
Damage Reduced by 7
Lightning Resist +30%
+2 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels

The Spirit Shroud
Ghost Armor
Defense: 295
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Strength: 38
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xbf300036
+150% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
Replenish Life +10
+1 to All Skill Levels
Cannot Be Frozen

Bombazine_Doll's Chance Guards
Chain Gloves
Defense: 27
Fingerprint: 0xea617d62
+29% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Attack Rating
+15 Defense
200% Extra Gold from Monsters
36% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

Pain Stalker
Chain Boots
Defense: 14
Kick Damage: 6 to 12
Fingerprint: 0xa79bba98
+21 to Maximum Stamina
+43% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +38%
48% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Faster Run/Walk

Bombazine_Doll's Demon Buckle
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 35
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xfc372a5e
+17 to Mana
+14 to Maximum Stamina
Regenerate Mana 8%
Attacker Takes Damage of 6
24% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Faster Cast Rate

Ring of Fortune
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xc0a016b0
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x4913a06a
+62 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
27% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Death Necklace
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x445a5870
+8 to Energy
+35 to Life
+15 to Mana
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +17

On switch: two +3 Shadow Disciplines claws
Occasionally on switch: Life Tap wand.
Occasionally a teleport amulet was used.

My inventory:
No key <3
Some flawless gem
6% fire resist
50% lightning resist
14 mana
29 life
+1 to trap skills
132% extra gold from monsters
37% better chance of getting magic items
-10% from vendor prices
Horadric Cube
Tome of Town Portal
Tome of Identify
Leaves 4x4 slots empty

Zanarhi's (Holy Freeze) gear:
Code:
Corpse Visor
Helm
Defense: 17
Required Strength: 26
Fingerprint: 0x328a4983
+20 to Life
3% Life stolen per hit
7% Deadly Strike
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
Defense: 874
Durability: 45 of 70
Required Strength: 140
Fingerprint: 0xad4362fa
+155% Enhanced Defense
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (3 x pTopaz)
-2 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration
39% Damage to Demons
+218 to Attack Rating against Demons

Insight
Partizan
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 126 to 258
Durability: 42 of 65
Required Dexterity: 67
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x971fd230
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+245% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+2 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
196% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 14 Meditation Aura When Equipped

Sometimes Kelpie Snare was used by him.

Not many near death events. One, two, maybe three. The worst was when a unique Doll exploded near me. One of those explosions killed my first HC Amazon. Very safe character, lots of ways to keep monsters away from you. Powerful even with a lot of MF on gear.
This character was played self found and single pass.

Edit: Oh wow. Got logged out. Went backward, copied the thread, logged back in and pasted. Wrote the thread title again with DOll instead of Doll and reaching the backspace I pressed enter. A perfectionist is mourning.

Originally posted by winmar on Jun 10, 2014:

I'm back, and I brought a Guardian (Trapsin)

Hey everyone, I used to be active here a few years ago.
I decided to start from scratch again... you can't quit D2 forever I guess.

My first Guardian is a standard Trapsin with FB/LS/DS.

Name: Huyen
Level: 83
Hell HF: Um

Stats
Naked/Gear
Strength:
60/65
Dexterity: 56/58
Vitality: 354/376
Energy: 25/25

HP: 1276/1450
Mana: 148/263

Defense: 14/525

Fire: 179/139/79
Cold: 238/198/138
Lightning: 187/147/87
Poison: 192/152/92

Skills
Fire Blast: 20/27
Shock Web: 5/12
Charged Bolt Sentry: 20/27
Lightning Sentry: 20/27
Death Sentry: 20/27

Claw Mastery: 1/8
Psychic Hammer: 1/8
Burst of Speed: 1/8
Weapon Block: 1/8
Cloak of Shadows: 1/8
Fade: 1/8
Shadow Warrior: 1/8
Mind Blast: 1/8
Shadow Master: 1/8

Equipment
Bone Heart
Amulet

Fingerprint: 0xc0057864
+10% Faster Cast Rate
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
All Resistances +9
Lightning Resist +17%

+5 to Light Radius

Rune Grip
Ring

Fingerprint: 0x41b1d71f
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Maximum Damage
+2 to Dexterity
All Resistances +8
Fire Resist +25%

Carrion Horn
Circlet

Defense: 26
Durability: 105 of 105
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x92f76145
All Resistances +13

Damage Reduced by 2
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Loath Touch
Heavy Gloves

Defense: 8
Fingerprint: 0x7fb1db45
+23% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Strength
Cold Resist +12%
Poison Resist +25%

Half Freeze Duration

Rainbow Ring of Nova Shield
Ring

Fingerprint: 0x368b3980
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
All Resistances +11

String of Ears

Treachery

Spirit Crystal Sword

Moser's Blessed Circle

Natalya's Soul

Switch:
2x +3 Shadow Disciplines Claws

Mercenary
Name:
Mizan
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Off-Nightmare

Duriel's Shell
Obedience Thresher

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest

The plan is to have one Guardian of each class. I've already made some progress with most classes. I've got 3 chars in Hell and the rest in NM. When I'm done with that and I've got some wealth, it's time to Guardian some weird builds.

Originally posted by XorceR on Apr 23, 2007:

Guardian #3: LightStorm - lightning trapsin

Well finally i've got a new guardian, it's been like a year or more since my last one, because i took a long break from D2. But now i'm continuing where i left off with fresh forces 😁.
She is a bit special to me since, she's my first guardian that has MP'd almost exclusively from start to finish. I joined up with LprMan(werewolf druid - Omega) and Darkooo(sorceress) from Act 3 Normal. Then MrNiceGuyCRB joined up too in Act 5 Normal with his sorcie and accompanied us a bit in Act I NM. Act 3 NM finished with a sad event, Darkooo lost his sorcie to the nasty dolls in durance :cry:. I went through Act 4 NM only with LprMan but then from Act 5 NM Tmx joined us with his blizzard sorceress (Sabina). From then on we ventured through Hell with this formidable trio.
The unstoppable melee champion Omega, the beautiful mistress of the ice, Sabina and the elusive beauty in the shadows, LightStorm, laying her deadly lightning traps.
I have to admit it's much easier to achieve guardian in MP than solo, especially with a capable team, and you don't risk losing your items, but it's a lot of fun and i've enjoyed every minute of it. We did most of Hell on /p5 and lowered for /p3 only in Act5 (anxious to finish). 3 new guardians have emerged from this team effort.
Ok so let's get to some stat/skill/equip details. I didn't twink her too much, just added some stuff every now and then as we progressed. She does have a couple nice items though.
Big thanks to everyone who accompanied her, especially LprMan for hosting from start to finish.

Character name : LightStorm
Character level : 83
Character exp : 956440659

Strength : 79
Dexterity : 79
Vitality : 322

Life : 1371 / 1180
Mana : 276 / 148
Stamina : 575 / 575

Resists: 69/75/55/-6
Resists w Fade(always on): 75/75/75/46

Skills: base (with + skills)
Lightning Sentry 20 (29)
ChargedBS 20 (29)
Shock Web 18 (27)
Fire Blast 16 (25)
Death Sentry 2 (11)
Shadow Master 10 (18)

1pt in all other shadow skills except Venom

LS damage: 1-3538
CBS damage:1-478 (11 bolts)
FB damage :1040-1302

Equipment

Headgear:(a bit proud of this 😃)

Carrion Brow
Coronet

Defense: 37
Durability: 30 of 30
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x5597fea8
+8 to Energy
+38 to Life
+70 to Attack Rating
Damage Reduced by 5
All Resistances +20
20% Faster Run/Walk

Armor:

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 685
Durability: 150 of 150
Fingerprint: 0x87b79277
+15 to Strength
+187% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Poison Resist +20%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
+103 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+83 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Belt:

Nightsmoke
Mesh Belt
Defense: 69
Durability: 15 of 16
Fingerprint: 0x7558a4f4
+20 to Mana
+40% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +10
Required Level +5
50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Weapons:

Shadow Thirst
Claws
One-Hand Damage: 8 to 15
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 46
Required Strength: 46
Fingerprint: 0x7603ffc8
+4 to Strength
+117 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +16%

Wraith Claw
Blade Talons
One-Hand Damage: 16 to 21
(Assassin Only)
Fingerprint: 0xb85362ba
+6 to Strength
+50% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +5%
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova on striking

Gloves:

Demon Grip
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 10
Fingerprint: 0x844b96af
+48% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +16%

Boots:

Natalya's Soul
Mesh Boots
Defense: 161
Durability: 66 of 66
Kick Damage: 23 to 52
Fingerprint: 0x2765456e
+122 Defense
Lightning Resist +18%
Cold Resist +24%
+50 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 20% (Based on Character Level)

Jewelry:

Raven Clasp
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xcf7dbb57
+15 to Energy
Damage Reduced by 4
Fire Resist +37%

Wraith Circle
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x33b59585
+7 to Mana
+2 to Minimum Damage
Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +8%
Poison Resist +14%

Grim Coil
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x1af9211b
+2 to Dexterity
+61 to Mana
+84 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +29%
34% Extra Gold from Monsters
+5 to Light Radius
5% Bonus to Attack Rating

noteable Charms: 1x plain Entrapping, 1x Entrapping/ +4 dex

Merc Gear: "Insight" Partizan, Tal's Mask, Holy Ornate Plate of Equilibrium

Well that's about it, my next project is a melee Dragon Claw/ Venom assassin, she's lvl 79 in Act I Hell already, but she's *cough* a "bit" more twinked and a lot more fun than her elder sister 😃

Originally posted by Zylo on Mar 5, 2019:

Guardian Sable - Trapper

A couple months ago, I decided I should make a HC character and explore that side of the game. That said, this is my first ever Guardian. With HC trading a tad on the slow side, I had high aspirations of this character being my dedicated HC farmer. Trap Sin seemed like a good match for the role: decent life, good resists/damage reduction thanks to fade, safety from MB/CoS, alright damage, and all while sporting a more fun play style.

So with the plan in mind, and not knowing anything about HC - I hit up the most experienced HC player I knew, and saw if he wanted to throw down with me. After he declined, I hit up @crawlingdeadman , and he reluctantly said 'okay'.

The duo were off. The mana starved trapper, paired with a poison nova / summoning necro. Thanks to his lower resist, the meager trap damage actually felt pretty good. We sailed through normal difficulty, and early nightmare, in just a few sessions - all while rocking /p8, bosses and all.
1589964536700.png

But all good things must come to an end... Soon I was alone. Some things came up with CDM, and he wasn't able to game. Like any true friend, I immediately abandoned him like he was hot garbage, and continued on my way.
CDM - I have a summoning/fire druid where we left off. Say the word, and we'll pick it back up.

The remainder of Nightmare wasn't an issue. By now my traps were doing a fair bit of damage, and with no real immune monsters, I could farm any area I desired. I farmed Eldrich for a while, a found a couple Mal runes, and some other minor gear upgrades.

Progress slowed down in Hell, but I didn't have too many issues until Act3. Seems like that act is especially heavy with lightning immunes, coupled with lots of little enemies.

Act4 was back to smooth sailing, and I had a chance at a decent rune. At this point I didn't have 'Treachery' yet, so anything Lem or up was what I was hoping for.
1589964522644.png
Hot damn. :(

On to Act5, which happens to be my favorite act, and a particularly pleasant act for a trapper. Back to farming Eldrich for some gear, before continuing on with the game. This is where I encountered my first main issue....

Assassin's aren't typically what I play, and when I do - I twink pretty heavily. With this character I was casting CoS as frequently as the skill would allow. With the Ancients this was no exception. When I reached the ancients, I placed down the hefty pool of potions that may or may not be needed, and began the fight. Soon I was diving, dodging, casting, ducking, and game crashing? I instantly queued up Hell again, and fought my way back to the ancients... laid down my carpet of potions, and crashed again. I did this numerous times.... I turned my second monitor off, closed down any unnecessary programs, and tried again... with the same results. Maybe this is common knowledge for you all, but you can't use CoS on the ancients, a quick forum search will confirm. So with that new nugget of information, I was back for round #103. With a salty attitude and CoS no where to be found, they went down. Madawc was both Fire and Lightning immune, but the merc whittled away, and it was done.

Next was Baal:
1589964503120.png
and most importantly...
1589964491707.png

Life: 1393
Mana: 191

Resists(after fade)
Fire: 59
Cold: 68
Lightning: 59
Poison: 18

Skills - standard trapper w/ fire blast backup. Lightning Sentry was doing 1-5.2k.

Gear
Code:
Dire Shell
Circlet
Defense: 29
Fingerprint: 0xe94a705f
+39 to Life
All Resistances +17
+4 to Mana after each Kill 

Imp Barb
Suwayyah
One Hand Damage: 155 - 213
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 99
Required Dexterity: 99
Fingerprint: 0xe2acbd99
298% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Maximum Damage
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
Poison Resist +5%
Level 2 Concentrate (25/25 Charges)

Magekiller's Scissors Quhab of Fire
Scissors Quhab
One Hand Damage: 19 - 40
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 82
Required Dexterity: 82
Fingerprint: 0xd43bdad9
Adds 1 - 6 Fire Damage
+1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+2 to Claws of Thunder (Assassin Only)

Cunning Amulet of Defiance
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xc549eb2d

Treachery
Wire Fleece
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 400
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x880076ca
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%

Raven Knuckle
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 6
Fingerprint: 0x6326288c
5% Chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when struck
+13 to Strength
Cold Resist +8%
Lightning Resist +9%
Poison Resist +6%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 110
Durability: 22 of 22
Fingerprint: 0x5276a346
6% Life stolen per hit
+172% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
+10 Maximum Durability

Dwarf Star
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x739c9961
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Aldur's Advance
Battle Boots
Defense: 42
Durability: 14 of 18
Fingerprint: 0x996a7492
Indestructible
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+50 to Life
+180 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 32%
Fire Resist +41%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana 

Shimmering Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xff637a7d
Item Level: 57
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Lizard's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4ee784c1
+19 to Life
+3 to Mana

Azrael Might Merc
Code:
Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
Two Hand Damage: 79 - 145
Durability: 24 of 35
Required Dexterity: 25
Fingerprint: 0x9a7f151e
159% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 50 Damage
Slows Target by 75%
+10 to Strength
+107 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Fire Resist +50%

Death Mask
Defense: 100
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x793ec125
Item Level: 45
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Griswold's Heart
Ornate Plate
Defense: 935
Durability: 59 of 60
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x940cc369
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+500 Defense
+20 to Strength
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
3 Sockets (3 used)

Finds: Nothing too great. A couple nice charms that were put to use, and the rare claws she ended up using. Not a single skiller dropped, which was kind of a let down.

Thoughts?
I play a lot of cookie-cutter over powered stuff. So she was quite the change of pace. I typically watch either netflix or youtube while playing/mfing, so it was different not allowing myself to do that. I would also wait until my kids went to bed, and NO adult beverages were allowed. That said, there were no near death experiences, and no S&E to avoid death.

A question I typically ask people in these threads is: future plans?
I'm going to give up the untwinked status(I MP'd though, so maybe it's already gone?) and have traded for some upgraded gear. I plan on MFing with her, and gearing up a couple more up and coming HC characters. I also think she'll be the one running cows for the upcoming RFL(you should get in on that, if you haven't signed up yet).

Thanks for reading, and a big thanks to crawlingdeadman.

Originally posted by crawlingdeadman on Jun 6, 2012:

Guardian Melisandre - Fire Dancer

Hello again everyone. This time around I have a Character I thoroughly enjoyed playing. As such, I'll be rambling around in this post, wanting to convey my happiness with this character while not being able to express exactly what I want to express. This character is named after the one in ASOFI. She's all about fire and kicking people in the balls so, it's perfect.

This character was played with this group. Pyrotechnician and I were the only two who finished. I must confess that I slopped my way through the planning of this character. There was a bad time had early on, but since it was MP I was able to at least get my gear if not all my other junk. After remaking I went a bit more safely and used Fire Blast and full Iratha's set. This kept me out of trouble until I could equip some serious gear.

Here's some stuff to look at:

Stats/Skills:
Name: Melisandre
Experience: 710787675
Level: 80

Naked/Gear
Strength: 113/187
Dexterity: 153/192
Vitality: 204/204
Energy: 25/25
HP: 820/1263
Mana: 143/183
Stamina: 423/443
Defense: 38/2879
AR: 100000729/100001252

Fire: 196/156/96
Cold: 205/165/105
Lightning: 215/175/115
Poison: 164/124/64

MF: 0 Block: 79
GF: 75
FR/W: 33
FHR: 37
IAS: 0
FCR: 25

Fire Blast: 20/20
Shock Web: 1/1
Blade Sentinel: 0/0
Charged Bolt Sentry: 1/1
Wake of Fire: 20/20
Blade Fury: 0/0
Lightning Sentry: 1/1
Wake of Inferno: 20/20
Death Sentry: 1/1

Claw Mastery: 1/1
Psychic Hammer: 1/1
Burst of Speed: 1/1
Weapon Block: 0/0
Cloak of Shadows: 1/1
Fade: 1/1
Shadow Warrior: 0/0
Mind Blast: 1/1
Venom: 1/1

Tiger Strike: 0/0
Dragon Talon: 20/22
Fists of Fire: 0/0
Dragon Claw: 0/0
Cobra Strike: 0/0
Claws of Thunder: 0/0
Dragon Tail: 0/0
Blades of Ice: 0/0
Dragon Flight: 0/0
Phoenix Strike: 0/0

Gear:
Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 137
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x76526412
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+91 Defense
All Resistances +61
Cannot Be Frozen

Stone Emblem
Amulet
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xd0bd30a5
Item Level: 92
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+29 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +20
Poison Resist +5%
Half Freeze Duration

Lawbringer
Phase Blade
AmnLemKo
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xfb5e239
20% Chance to cast level 15 Decrepify on striking
Level 17 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
-50% Target Defense
Adds 150 - 210 Fire Damage
Adds 130 - 180 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (149 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+215 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Dexterity
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)

Fortitude
Superior Archon Plate
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1663
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xfd448cee
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+214% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+100 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

Stormshield
Monarch
Defense: 448
Chance to Block: 47
Durability: 45 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x301a643e
Indestructible
+55% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+300 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+30 to Strength
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
1 Sockets (1 used)

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 142
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xae3c73ba
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
10% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+116% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
+9 Life after each Kill

Dread Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0xd3822041
Item Level: 90
+6 to Minimum Damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+25 to Life
All Resistances +4
Lightning Resist +16%
Poison Resist +7%

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Fingerprint: 0x3ede7b81
8% Life stolen per hit
+166% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
+10 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xcbbf41f2
Item Level: 99
+225 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Melisandre's Gore Rider
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 189
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xb3ba4c6a
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+179% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Required Level +7
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Switch:
Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 144
Durability: 86 of 86
Fingerprint: 0xcdb5a733
+2 to All Skills
+33% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+95 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)

Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 54
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x24c44908
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
261% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Battle Cry
+2 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Command
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)

Mercenary:
Name: Emilio
Experience: 62211806
Level: 80
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 177/202
Dexterity: 142/152
HP: 1567/1584
Defense: 1160/1630
AR: 1850/1885

Fire: 165/125/65
Cold: 165/125/65
Lightning: 165/125/65
Poison: 165/125/65

Boneflesh
Plate Mail
Defense: 253
Durability: 38 of 60
Fingerprint: 0x36598362
+35 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+117% Enhanced Defense

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0xa26793a6
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
38% Enhanced Damage
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
+17 to Life
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Hope

Ruby Jewel of Hope
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8ea14790
38% Enhanced Damage
+17 to Life

Obedience
Superior Thresher
HelKoThulEthFal
Two Hand Damage: 57 - 681
Durability: 73 of 73
Required Strength: 122
Required Dexterity: 95
Fingerprint: 0xf93a93c8
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
383% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+213 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +21
Increase Maximum Durability 13%
Requirements -20%
5 Sockets (5 used)

Inventory:
Charms, lots of charms.

LCS kick
LCS trap

Noteable finds:
Um (NM hellforge)
Lo (Pyro's)
Nothing screenshot, nothing found.

I thought I had some good action shots of all my pretty traps going off at the same time as Pyro's Blizzard Blitzkrieg, but I must have deleted them. Here's one of lots of traps and kicking.

I didn't want to do any maths to figure out what break points I was going to get so to make it easy, I stuck with fast weapons and Burst of Speed. Trap laying and kicking were fast enough for my taste. Through most if not all of nightmare I wore mostly the same gear including PB crescent moon, treachery, orphan's face, gores. I pretty much played this character as a kicker. I knew if i went w/s that I'd never get enough +skills to get the fire traps to do much damage so I went standard kicker and put on as much CB as I could. I tried several weapons towards the end of Hell including a Silence Phase Blade (the chance to cast flee was more annoying than I'd have liked) before settling on Lawbringer PB. I wasn't too sure about the RIP on it since I was using death sentry but at the same time DS was just a one point wonder. It was sad to get rid of treachery, but after we got into Act 4 I wanted to start doing more damage with kicks (not just CB) and I was pretty comfortable with the play style so I decided to risk my Fortitude. Melisandre is the first character to wear it. I made it then didnt really know why I'd made it and threw it on my Hammerdin's merc to help him with wave 2 on baal runs. It worked great on Melisandre. I used Guillaume's face and was sad to see it go, but I was being lazy and trying to change as little as possible and still use BoS and not Fade hence the Kira's.

I would recommend this build to anyone who's already well versed in kickers and in trappers. This is a very active build with many hotkeys.

Originally posted by crawlingdeadman on Aug 11, 2013:

Guardian DoroteaSenjak - Kicker/(Light)Trapper

Hello again, all.
This time it's Pyro's fault that you are reading this write up. This character was started before my wolf barb, but I had way too much fun with the wolf so him and his write up got done first. Dorotea is named after a character in the wonderful fantasy series, The Black Compnay. If you like the grim and gritty feel of A Song of Ice and Fire, check this one out. As with the name of my Firedancer, the book's character is kind of a kick-you-in-the-balls character, so the name was a good fit.

This character was just waiting on me finding a fleshripper to be made after I'd made my Firedancer, Melisandre. I chose to make the Firedancer mainly because I'd made kickers, I'd made trappers, but I'd never combined the two, nor had I delved very far into the Fire Trap branch. After Melisandre, I knew I wanted to go all out with a good kicker weapon and with the more powerful Lightning Trap branch. As predicted, Lightning Trap/Kicker is much more powerful.

As with Melisandre I chose my gear for kick purposes and left skills for trapper purposes. The mix worked well since kicks are a 20 point investment and traps can use whatever they can get. Add one point wonders like Cos and Mind Blast for spice and you're good to go. Also as with Melisandre, I slopped my way through my ias needs by going with Burst of Speed. Who needs ias on gear when you have skill based ias?

DoroteaSenjak

Stats/Skills:
Name: DoroteaSenjak
Experience: 857298342

Naked/Gear
Strength: 116/186
Dexterity: 162/186
Vitality: 202/207
Energy: 25/43
HP: 818/1106
Mana: 146/192
Stamina: 423/469
Defense: 40/2101
AR: 100000774/100001464

Fire: 202/162/102
Cold: 212/172/112
Lightning: 207/167/107
Poison: 152/112/52

MF: 25 Block: 75
GF: 0
FR/W: 37
FHR: 49
IAS: 20
FCR: 0

Fire Blast: 3/8
Shock Web: 1/6
Blade Sentinel: 0/0
Charged Bolt Sentry: 20/25
Wake of Fire: 0/0
Blade Fury: 0/0
Lightning Sentry: 20/25
Death Sentry: 20/25

Claw Mastery: 1/5
Psychic Hammer: 1/5
Burst of Speed: 1/5
Weapon Block: 0/0
Cloak of Shadows: 1/5
Fade: 1/5
Shadow Warrior: 0/0
Mind Blast: 1/5
Venom: 3/7

Dragon Talon: 20/24
Dragon Claw: 0/0
Dragon Tail: 0/0
Dragon Flight: 0/0

Gear:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x979398b2
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xdc78d07c
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +29

DoroteaSenjak's Fleshripper
Fanged Knife
One Hand Damage: 50 - 191
Durability: 36 of 36
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 42
Required Dexterity: 86
Fingerprint: 0xfb560c92
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
236% Enhanced Damage
-50% Target Defense
+98 to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target by 20%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Argent Jewel of Truth

Argent Jewel of Truth
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0xc5bdeca0
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
+98 to Attack Rating

Chains of Honor
Archon Plate
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 875
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x54bd95d3
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)

Stormshield
Monarch
Defense: 442
Chance to Block: 47
Durability: 59 of 86
Fingerprint: 0x878f058
Indestructible
+55% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+307 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+30 to Strength
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
Damage Reduced by 35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 81
Fingerprint: 0xeac5fa4c
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Death Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x5efd489c
+84 to Attack Rating
5% Mana stolen per hit
+13 to Energy
+6 to Mana
Lightning Resist +22%
Level 3 Ice Blast (27/27 Charges)

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 107
Fingerprint: 0xf155b108
7% Life stolen per hit
+165% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
+10 Maximum Durability

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x48fb1dc1
+187 to Attack Rating
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Melisandre's Gore Rider
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 189
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xb3ba4c6a
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+179% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Required Level +7
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Switch:
Call to Arms
Phase Blade
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 118 - 133
Indestructible
Required Level: 57
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xdc881d1a
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
282% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Battle Command
+5 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 144
Durability: 86 of 86
Fingerprint: 0xcdb5a733
+2 to All Skills
+33% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+95 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)

Merc:
Name: Waheed
Experience: 66981994
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 181/211
Dexterity: 145/165
HP: 1647/1757
Defense: 1217/1794
AR: 1874/349122

Fire: 199/159/99
Cold: 199/159/99
Lightning: 199/159/99
Poison: 199/159/99

Death Mask
Defense: 126
Fingerprint: 0x51fbe6
+1 to Minimum Damage
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +23
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Joyfulness

Shimmering Jewel of Joyfulness
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xe5fbe5d7
+1 to Minimum Damage
Cold Resist +8%
Lightning Resist +8%
Fire Resist +8%
Poison Resist +8%

Insight
Superior Colossus Voulge
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 86 - 760
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 200
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x38818813
Level 16 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
208% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
185% Bonus to Attack Rating
+3 to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+6 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

Lionheart
Scarab Husk
HelLumFal
Defense: 451
Required Strength: 81
Fingerprint: 0xf403c47e
Item Level: 1
20% Enhanced Damage
All Stats +10
+15 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+50 to Life
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%
3 Sockets (3 used)

Damage:
End of game LCS
New Endgame LCS (remembered I had found a trap charm, turned out I had two)

Noteable drops:
Hellforge
Baal Drop
Nothing else according to my lack of pictures.

No real future plans for her, she was a straight forward MP character that I'm done with. I'll keep her geared to MP with for the time being just to have a different character to play. She's very well rounded with light trap and death sentry for bigger crowds and fast kicks to deliver CB to bosses. I would recomend this build to anyone as a well rounded get through the game in a fun way character. She can be played as a sit back and stay safe trapper or as an in your face tank. Lastly here's some action shots: One, Two, Three.

PS. check out this site http://bestfantasybooks.com/ as it is what led me to this and a couple other series.

Edit: Really hate all the extra line breaks that the forum adds after you hit submit.

Originally posted by @DaveWThe2nd on Feb 18, 2013:

Guardian Ruth Lee - Mistress of the Martial Arts

Firstly big ups to Maxicek for his excellent Assassin FAQ and build guides. With the info he provided I have been able to bring a few more Assassins to Guardian. And here is one of them, my tribute to the Master of the Martial Arts, Bruce Lee. Anyways onto the good stuff.

Character name : Ruth Lee
Character level : 80
Character exp : 713957673

Strength : 140
Dexterity : 145
Vitality : 170
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 1032 / 718
Mana : 201 / 143
Stamina : 420 / 381

Skills and Gear
Code:
Dragon Talon 20
Venom 20
Lightning Sentry 20
Rest into Death Sentry (currently sl16)
1 pt -CoS, MB, Fade, DF (to gather in merc when he gets lost)

NM Forge -Um
Hell Forge -Gul
Gear

Rockstopper
String of Ears
Smoke (Dusk Shroud)
Laying of Hands
Raven Frost

Gore Rider
Myrmidon Greaves
Kick Damage: 83 to 149

Eagle Loop
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb4b4bc1e
Damage Reduced by 2
Lightning Resist +8%
6% Life stolen per hit
2% Mana stolen per hit

Doom Heart
Amulet
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x2c32c96c
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +15
3% Life stolen per hit
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Chain Lightning on attack

Obedience
Battle Scythe
'HelKoThulEthFal'
Two-Hand Damage: 84 to 211
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Dexterity: 66
Required Strength: 66
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa471e029
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
+370% Enhanced Damage
+282 Defense
All Resistances +21
Adds 3-14 cold damage over 3 seconds
Requirements -20%
40% Faster Hit Recovery
-25% Target Defense
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
30% Chance to cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill an Enemy
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Switch: Kelpie Snare(Boss Killer)
Inventory
Code:
Cobalt Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7cccf2ec
Cold Resist +8%

Emerald Grand Charm of Lightning
Fingerprint: 0x418e18d3
Poison Resist +27%
Adds 1-5 lightning damage

Coral Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b10f670
Lightning Resist +12%

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x50fe6a1a
+26 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x988c0dc
+29 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x97018d19
+29 to Life

Coral Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa3d6d804
Lightning Resist +12%

Coral Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6aab27b9
Lightning Resist +11%

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xaa5d6f51
+31 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x25f360c4
+34 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xa943947e
+32 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x7911402c
+31 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x3fd09875
+27 to Life

Large Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x7e10c937
+30 to Life
Mercenary Items
Code:
Might Merc

Duriel's Shell
The Reaper's Toll
Lots of vita charms to push life over 1000. Being a shieldless char she needs some kind of buffer against hard hitting minions, although CoS does a wonderful job of keeping deeds at arms length. Coupled with MB the Assassin boasts probably the best crowd control skills, rivalling those of the Necro and surpassing those of the Barbarian in my humble opinion.

Onto Obedience. I wanted to use a Ribcracker for the weapon damage and CB (Plus I want a Ribcracker Guardian for all the chars) but then I learnt from Maxicek that weapon damage is totally useless for Dragon Talon, only ED applies. A lot of players choose Crescent Moon for the chance to cast SF, -ELR and ITD but Ruth Lee hits pretty well thank you and SF is capped in Hell to 50% of monster life anyways. However CB is not capped plus I get other bonuses as well: 370%ED, all resists, CB and chance to cast sl21 Enchant, -25% to enemy defense (coupled with CoS pushes it down another 25%), FHR, +Strength and +Dex which adds to kick damage and some small cold damage to chill those monsters out, slowing them down when they all up in my face. Plus I get to use my end game weapon a whole 6 levels earlier than Crescent Moon, meaning I get to test it out in WSK Normal before going into NM. Plus most players put Crescent Moon in a sword and don a shield. Assassins with a shield? Hell no. She looks bad *** running around with a huge 2-Hander. I rest my case.

Gameplay is pretty straight forward: prebuff BoS and Venom, cast CoS, kick like crazy to get a few corpses, drop some DS and clean up stragglers afterwards. All the Act bosses were very easy for this gal: kick with Kelpie for the slowing effect then switch to Obedience for the raw damage and CB. Very fast, very efficient. The hardest places for her were the Durance coz of Undead Stygian Dolls zinging in and exploding on her and the Chaos Sanctuary, with OKs casting Amp and Decripfy. However MB does well to keep those particular monsters off her back. The Ancients were no match for her either. Once I separated them I'd kick with the Kelpie and then switch to Obedience to finish them off.

The Throne Room level was completely cleared before taking on Baals minions. I like to have somewhere to retreat to if the tide is turning against me. Baal himself went down very quickly. Overall a very enjoyable, very safe char. And that is the journey of Ruth Lee, Mistress of the Martial Arts. Laters y'all!

Originally posted by Dezrok on Nov 24, 2013:

Guardian Kwika - DC/BS Assassin

Kwika is a Dragon Claw/Blade Shield Assassin using a limited selection of skills. No Death Sentry or Lightning Sentry and no Venom. Twinked but generally far from godly gear.

LCS DC and BS

Stats:
Code:
Name:       Kwika
Class:      Assassin
Experience: 979600729
Level:      84

Naked/Gear
Strength:   111/149
Dexterity:  97/135
Vitality:   282/297
Energy:     25/40
HP:         1062/1155
Mana:       149/215
Stamina:    526/545
Defense:    24/1683
AR:         DC - 8656 and 8865

Damage:     DC - 742-1771 and 781 - 1499
            BS - 276-516 (Cruel Feral Claw)
            BF - 338-828 (Harmony rw)

Fire:       176/136/76
Cold:       172/132/72
Lightning:  177/137/77
Poison:     133/93/33

MF:         62       Block:      17
GF:         133
FR/W:       3       (not to forget 36 from Vigor (Harmony rw) plus 44 from BoS - Kwik!)
FHR:        100
IAS:        35      (giving a 5fpa DC with BoS)
FCR:        0

Skills:
Code:
Fire Blast: 1/3
Shock Web: 0/0
Blade Sentinel: 1/3
Charged Bolt Sentry: 0/0
Wake of Fire: 1/3
Blade Fury: 1/3
Lightning Sentry: 0/0
Death Sentry: 0/0
Blade Shield: 20/22

Claw Mastery: 10/12
Psychic Hammer: 1/3
Burst of Speed: 7/9
Weapon Block: 7/9
Cloak of Shadows: 1/3
Fade: 1/3
Shadow Warrior: 20/22
Mind Blast: 1/3
Venom: 0/0

Dragon Talon: 1/4
Dragon Claw: 20/23
Dragon Tail: 1/4
Dragon Flight: 1/4

Gear:
Code:
Cruel Feral Claws of Burning
Feral Claws
One Hand Damage: 84 - 202
Durability: 51 of 52
Required Dexterity: 113
Fingerprint: 0xa8b0bafd
Item Level: 25
283% Enhanced Damage
Adds 6 - 20 Fire Damage
All Resistances +14
Lightning Resist +29%
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel
Socketed: Ambergris Jewel

Scintillating Jewel
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x9f04b651
Cold Resist +14%
Lightning Resist +14%
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +14%

Ambergris Jewel
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5cec57fa
Lightning Resist +29%

Kwika's Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Runic Talons
One Hand Damage: 90 - 169
Durability: 68 of 69
Required Dexterity: 115
Fingerprint: 0xd82183bf
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
172% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
+28 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +11
Required Level +7
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel of Virility

Scintillating Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf50a1ea6
+8 to Strength
Cold Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +11%
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%

Kwika's Harmony
Double Bow
TirIthSolKo
Two Hand Damage: 44 - 93
Durability: 27 of 36
Required Dexterity: 73
Fingerprint: 0x4120a251
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
225% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Fire Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Lightning Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (82 Frames)
+3 to Valkyrie
+10 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 20%
+2 to Light Radius
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune

Rockstopper
Sallet
Defense: 178
Durability: 18 of 18
Fingerprint: 0x6d730d98
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+183% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Vitality
Cold Resist +34%
Lightning Resist +31%
Fire Resist +40%
Damage Reduced by 10%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Camphor Jewel of Fervor

Camphor Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf379b49
Lightning Resist +8%

Duress
Dusk Shroud
ShaelUmThul
Defense: 1246
Fingerprint: 0x447e29fe
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
14% Enhanced Damage
Adds 37 - 133 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+167% Enhanced Defense
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +15
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 87
Fingerprint: 0x5d6a6909
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 106
Fingerprint: 0xcf5cff4e
7% Life stolen per hit
+162% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 14%
+10 Maximum Durability

Goblin Toe
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 33
Durability: 18 of 18
Fingerprint: 0x37fdd4a3
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
+53% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
-1 to Light Radius

Doom Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x8ec65c9e
Item Level: 63
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
5% Mana stolen per hit
+4 to Strength
+3 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +21%
Fire Resist +16%

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xf3ea389a
+236 to Attack Rating
+15 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Blood Touch
Ring
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x58134da9
Item Level: 67
+3 to Minimum Damage
+101 to Attack Rating
+15 to Energy
Lightning Resist +27%
Poison Resist +24%
Damage Reduced by 2

Charms:
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd9ab49e8
133% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 10%

Tangerine Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa3d1f66
Lightning Resist +5%
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lucky Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Required Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xc27fecc5
+4 to Strength

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4778eba5

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1b47c4dd

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x35278072

Snowy Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc8118970
Item Level: 46
Adds 1 - 3 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xaaae49a1
Item Level: 56

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x3837ada7
+1 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Viridian Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa881c347
+10 to Life
Poison Resist +7%

Jade Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x65560f34
Poison Resist +9%

Emerald Large Charm of Life
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9ea70319
+14 to Life
Poison Resist +15%

Jade Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x84ac2558
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Poison Resist +8%

Ocher Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0xbe455c90
+2 to Strength
Lightning Resist +7%

Sapphire Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa74f3c09
Cold Resist +10%

Lapis Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9e38f3d9
Item Level: 6
+6 to Life
Cold Resist +7%

Coral Small Charm of Venom
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4e7844e5
Item Level: 45
Adds 15 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Lightning Resist +8%

Snowy Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4b8cfd08
Adds 2 - 3 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+18 to Life

Steel Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x67c2efc2
+33 to Attack Rating

Mercenary:
Code:
Name:       Durga
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 72031112
Level:      84

Naked/Gear
Strength:   184/184
Dexterity:  148/148
HP:         1727/1727
Defense:    1274/1990
AR:         1898/1898

Fire:       148/108/48
Cold:       178/138/78
Lightning:  163/123/63
Poison:    148/108/48

Blackhorn's Face
Death Mask
Defense: 266
Durability: 15 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x304f8e37
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target by 20%
+206% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +15%
+20 Lightning Absorb
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 25

Zach's Treachery
Scarab Husk
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 450
Fingerprint: 0x55625ad3
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 42 - 494
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x6ee6695d
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
251% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (37 Frames)
13% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Fervor

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xefc527af
40% Enhanced Damage

Kwika was great fun to play and despite lacking any effective AoE attack felt fast. Great crowd control with CoS and the occasional MB. A maxed Shadow Warrior for an extra meat shield. PIs broken by Reapers, but even unbreakables usually died fairly fast … seemed Kwika and Durga had more elemental damage than I gave them credit for, so yeah things died pretty well. Probably the two hardest areas were the Crystal Passage and Frozen River. Crystal Passage had PI Moon Lords, with Snakes and Infidels. Some nasty Moon Lord bosses caused a few problems and slowed things down alot. While Frozen River had unleachable Bone Mages and Ghosts (also PI), along with Sirens casting Amp. Otherwise things were pretty straight-forward with perhaps the easiest of Hell Act 5 being the Glacial Trail which had Pit Vipers, Gloom Bats and Rot Walkers.

Shadow Warrior - Previous sins of mine have used Shadow Master and I haven't like their tendency to use Dragon Flight to zip around all the nearby monster packs and drag them all into an ongoing battle, so I thought I'd give the Shadow Warrior a go and control what skills it could use. Maxed SW with Fade active was pretty hard to kill. Something like 47% pdr and 100% res all with almost 1500 life and often some form of life leech from gear. Doesn't hurt anything but can tank most things indefinitely. When it did go poof, I knew something bad was in the fray somewhere and needed to pay extra attention to what was going on. Kinda like a canary that way. Only drawback was that I wanted to have Dragon Claw on RMB, which meant there really wasn't an alternative skill to put on LMB, so SW tended to only have access to DC, somewhat limiting its usefulness. Overall though I was much happier with the Warrior than previous Masters.

Blade Shield - BS is a bit of a BS skill that really doesn't work well with Dragon Claw. BS uses ctc on attack mods. DC requires dual claws. Claws don't have ctc on attack mods. Still, just from the physical damage of her Cruel Feral Claws BS would do just under an average of 400 damage to all monsters immediately next to Kwika every second - if it could hit with a Normal attack… Every now and again a monster would keel over for no apparent reason and that may have been from BS, or more likely from a previous application of OW. Possibly interesting to make a non-claw assassin to better utilise BS, but probably really always going to be a better use of 24 skill points.

Blade Fury - gave the option of a ranged attack which seemed to hit a lot more often that I thought it ought to. Still, really only useful for the very rare occasions when Kwika couldn't reach something and really wanted it to be dead (Sirens over the Frozen River for example). I could have put a different weapon on switch, something with ITD and ctc on striking mods, to take better advantage of BF, but I really liked having Harmony on switch for the Vigor aura, not necessary but a great luxury to be able to run around that fast and Kwika was coping fine without needing something more survival oriented.

Dragon Claw - What to say? Good skill. Pretty obvious really, just keep on improving the claws as better ones become available. Kwika's Cruel Feral Claws came from the chippie recipe. Good recipe that!

Weapon Block - Another good skill that didn't really interfere with attacks. 49% chance to block almost anything for only a handful of skill points. CE death cold nova … blocked! Too good!

NDEs - None. The closest came in Hell Cows where the portal appeared in a corner, blocked in by the Cow King's fort and next to his corner. There was also a Boss pack (Holy Freeze and Stoneskin) and a Champ pack, plus Cow King (Cursed and Stoneskin), plus a normal pack of cows. Durga died a few times (lots). There was lots of frantic running and use of CoS and MB and recasting SW and TPs and potion swallowing before I ground out a bit of space halfway across the field and could start breaking the packs up and dealing with them in manageable pieces.

Finds - HF-Um; The Scalper; Thunderstroke; Blackhand Key; Ravenfrost; (pretty quiet on the finds front due largely to a pretty low MF, but a couple of grailers in there keeps me happy)

Actually, just writing this has made me look at her gear and realise I could make much better use of the amulet and one ring slot, even just to boost MF. Still waiting for a decent base to make that Fortitude in which should make Kwika really ZING.)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High