Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by sirpoopsalot on May 2, 2008:

Patriarch Spongebob: A Zeal-Abbot with some bite

My pet-project (of the last few months) has killed Baal. My plans started out as relatively simple, but I figured that since I'm pretty rich, I wanted to try to make his attack something decent (preferably better than decent) - and still have SSoG's mantra healthily covered (+skills, PDR, resists... +skills, PDR, resists...). Speaking of SSoG and his mantra, his guide isn't linkable here (it's on a "competing site", so linking is against forum rules), but if you haven't read it, it's a very solid-from-top-to-bottom build guide. The one omission seems to be it focuses on three "viable" attacks: Hammers, Charge, and Vengeance - but omits Zeal.

That's enough of a challenge for me, and I seldom follow build guides to the letter - I usually like to "add my own twist", so Zeal it was (though there have been a few other Zeal-Abbot posted here already, so I can't claim too much uniqueness or originality - except possibly in my choice main weapon).

But enough of the rambling details and on to the good details:

Patriarch Spongebob
(I couldn't think of a better name - but at least an Abbot can "soak up some damage", and everybody loves Spongebob, so...:p)
Level82, Zeal-Abbot

Base Stats (with equipment / weapon switch):
Str: 50 (107 / 112)
Dex: 118 (141 / 146)
Vit: 322 (322 / 327)
Ene: 15 (15 / 20)

Life: 2306
Mana: 307
Resists: 80F / 75C / 87L / 75P (switch: 54f / 45c / 59l / 47p)

* all damage stats according to the LCS *
Zeal Damage: 1486 - 1833 (with Fanat from the merc)
Zeal Damage: 1644 - 2023 (with Fanat & Might) <-- most of the time
Zeal Damage: 1731 - 2134 (with Fanat & Might & Enchant)

Weapon-Switch Damage: 2778 - 4498 Vengeance (with Fanat & Conviction) <-- most of the time
Weapon-Switch Damage: 2865 - 4609 Vengeance (with Fanat & Conviction & Enchant)

<used the weapon switch for fighting PI monsters>

Skills:
(Combat)
20 Sacrifice
20 Zeal
1 Vengeance
+1 Holy Shield (granted by the weapon)
+7 skills from equipment

(Offensive)
1 Conviction, prereq's
+7 skills from equipment

(Defensive)
20 Prayer
1 Cleansing
15+ Resist Lightning (next)
10+ Resist Fire (last)
+13 skills from equipment

(Other)
+14 Battle Cry
+14 Battle Orders
+23 Battle Command

Equipment: (this is the good stuff)
Weapon: Beta-CtA Caduceus (readout below)
Shield: Jewelers Sacred Targe of Blocking (4x Sol, 31 Resists Automod)
Helm: rare (below)
Amulet: Priest's Amulet of Life Everlasting (2/23)
Armour: 'Fortitude' Archon Plate (29 / 1.5)
Gloves: crafted 'Blood' gloves (below)
Belt: rare (below)
Boots: GoreRider's
Ring1: Ravenfrost (20 / 204)
Ring2: Nature's Peace (11 / 26)

Switch: 'Insight' Shillelagh (235% ED)
Stash: Demon Limb (socketed with a Hel)

Charms:
6x Preserver's GC (+26 Life, 7 FRW, 12% FHR, +3 Dex)
4x Cold/Lightning resist small charms of Balance (20 FHR, 11 lightning, 28 cold)
3x Shimmering/Cold resist charms (20 resistall, 11 resist cold, +31 life, +2 str)
2x Fine small charms (3/19, 3/17)

Code:
<a few readouts>

Call to Arms
Caduceus
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 144 to 167
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x8a49c1d
GUID: 0x16f76d67 0x8a71f93 0x0
+290% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+11 to Battle Orders
+11 to Battle Cry
+20 to Battle Command
+1 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+1 to Redemption (Paladin Only)
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Death Visor
Circlet
Defense: 26
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 67
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0xfb988b1b
+29 to Strength
Damage Reduced by 6
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +24%
+21 poison damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
15% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (1: 1 used)           ---> socketed with:

Garnet Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x75f64fa0
Fire Resist +13%
15% Increased Attack Speed

Viper Touch
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 62
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xc0bb61ed
+12 to Life
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +24%
Poison Resist +18%
1% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
10% Chance of Crushing Blow

Dread Clasp
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 62
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xa5f8a151
+26 to Strength
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +23%
Lightning Resist +30%
Cold Resist +12%
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Misc. Results:
74 PDR + level 14 BattleCry (-38% Damage / -76% Defense)
level 33 Prayer / 31 Prayer + Meditation
75% Blocking
6/8 frame hit recovery
8/4 Zeal
25% Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike and 10% Open Wounds (from Goreriders)

Mercenary:
Liene, Fire Rogue (level82)
'Faith' Crusader Bow (worst roll possible)
'Treachery' eth Archon Plate
Vampire Gaze (10% resist all jewel)

Noteable Finds:
Ko/Mal Hellforge = 😃
Head Hunter's Glory (3os)
Kelpie Snare
Trainer's skiller/GC
Thundergod's Vigor
Visceratuant
Ravenfrost (15/241)
rare Light Belt: 17 FHR, 30 Cold resist, 22 Lightning resist, +5 Life
rare Ring: 11 resist all, 9% MF
Io Rune (NM Act2, iirc)
Ruby Small Charm of Fortune (11 / 4)
rare gloves: 20 IAS, 3 ManaLeech, 22 Lightning resist, 18 Poison Resist

Notes:
1. He still didn't have quite enough "bite" for my tastes, but at least he wasn't miserably slow. His progress was consistently "medium" after Act1 Hell. I've got some thoughts on how to give the build a more powerful attack (without resorting to making a hammerdin-abbot :p).

2. I hope you don't mind if I take a second to pat myself on the back for choosing a CtA as my main weapon. Of course the +BattleOrders is often the main focus of a CtA, but in this case the +BattleCry was even more valuable (in addition to boosting my effective PDR significantly, my AR sucked - so BattleCry provided two very nice benefits at once). Also, the runeword comes with a decent amount of enhanced damage and speed (and Prevent Monster Heal never hurts either, though I was getting that from my Nature's Peace ring too). All in all, it's an excellent weapon for a Zeal-Abbot.

(Jaedhann deserves a pat on the back too for offering to make the CtA in beta instead of the 'plain' old v1.11b CtA I had planned).

*pats backs*

3. Speaking of that ring, the RIP mod was a blessing and a curse. My CtA has +Redemption on it, but I couldn't use it because of the RIP (foiling my hopes of making it entirely through Hell without drinking a single potion for myself) - but it was nice when the 2nd Baal wave spawned and the Oblivion Knights and Burning Souls I'd already killed in the throneroom were left laying on the ground. That's the first I've used that one, but I might try to sneak it onto my Baal runner.

4. I didn't use the Enchant charges on the Demon Limb very often. Once or twice per act, but mostly I was too lazy.

5. My plan kindof evolved during his progress. I started off using Cleansing most of the time, but 95+% of that, it was unnecessary. So, I ended up making Might my main aura most of the time. Looking back on it after the fact, that makes it kindof pointless to be generating the Might aura myself and relying on the merc for the Fanaticism aura - a cheaper arrangement can definitely be found for a zealadin :rolleyes:.

6. That said, I love my new Faith/Rogue setup. She rocks entirely. *bye-bye Act2 mercs for a (hopefully) long time*.

7. The one problem with the rogue is their AI. Usually it's nice to have a merc stick close, but when the swarms got big that usually meant she ran back and forth between monsters trying futilely to escape, and did nothing. My abbot has no problems tanking swarms (obviously - that's what abbots are designed to do), but the rogue... she was sturdy but not a fantastic tank.

8. Sorry for the lack of screenshot-tanking-pwnage. My current D2 computer can't network (with anything), and I didn't feel like going to the trouble to copy the jpg's to a flash card, transferring, then uploading them.

So, how'd this abbot's bid for invincibility turn out?
- 74 PDR and Battlecry took care of 95-96% of the monster's damage on their own. That left me free to run my Might aura (instead of Cleansing) almost full time. 8% Leeching (from my attack) and Cleansing pretty much took care of the other ~4.5% of monsters.

So, that left a very small number of monsters that were able to really do damage:
-I didn't encounter any Convicted Gloam bosses, but I'm certain they'd still suck.

- a large number of Gloams (no absorb, so running Resist Lightning still meant I received some damage, and if there were enough around, they could out-damage my Cleansing reneneration). Overall though, Spongebob still received damage too slowly (and had too much life) to be in serious danger in these cases.

- High elemental-damage bosses. My one serious NDE came from Infector of Souls (ExtraFast, FE, LE, Spectral Hit, Conviction aura... there aren't really many builds that'll tank that spawn very well though). Liene did most of the heavy lifting on that one. Otherwise, a red potion or two usually made up the difference.

- Cursed + ExtraStrong and/or Might bosses. If it didn't have at least two of those though, it was rare to be hurt at all. And it was even more rare that I couldn't out-regenerate that with Cleansing.

- large packs of Horadrim Ancients + skeletons. I couldn't leech the countless skeletons, and the HA's have a pretty solid ranged attack, so I had to pay attention to these battles.

- Oblivion Knights & Iron Maiden... enough said.

- Archer's and Succubi were complete non-entities, even when cursed. In fact, because of their low-life, I actually enjoyed when they spawned because they died fast. That was a pleasant change from many other characters. The same was true for the Ancient's and Baal's minion waves (at least the "non-entity" bit, though I'll admit the spawn wasn't too dangerous to begin with).

Death Scores:
Monsters: 0, Spongebob: ~5-10k
... and ...
Iron Maiden: ~10, Spongebob: 2 (a couple times I didn't cast BattleCry, and with my low AR and high life, I 'whiffed' just enough to survive 👅)

Overall Conclusion:
He did what he was designed to do (read: tank) and he did that very well. His attack was just solid enough to keep the progress flowing. But overall, I'd have to say the almost complete lack of encountered danger withdraws from the excitement... so, as I've always suspected:

Why would you want to live forever? Immortality's boring.

Originally posted by sirpoopsalot on Jun 30, 2008:

Patriarch SpongebobII - did he do it potion free (and death free :p)?

[edit]... and even if he was outdone by InsaneWayne...[/edit]

It hasn't been that long since I finished the original Spongebob, but since it took me (literally) months to get the gear together for that attempt, I decided that a 2nd abbot would help justify the time and resources spent. Besides, I still wanted to see if I could get a 'tolerable' attack going.

Also, I wanted to eliminate or improve some of Spongebob's few weaknesses. In particular, I wanted to properly ignore Iron Maiden and high elemental damage monsters (read: Conviction). And finally, as a challenge, I decided to try making it all the way through hell without drinking a single potion - or dying - or returning to town during a battle (I made an exception for feeding the merc potions; that was allowed).

The Results:
Level82, Elemental-Zealot Abbot

Base Stats (with equipment):
Str: 55 (124)
Dex: 117 (138)
Vit: 318
Ene: 15

Life: 2389
Mana: 317
Resists: 85F / 74C / 90L / 75P
Defense: 7792 (actually noticeably decent, sometimes)

Zeal Damage: 850 - 3039 (spectral)
Throw Damage: 783 - 2966 (<--- used around Oblivion Knights)
Zeal AR: 2593 (<--- yay for Conviction)
Throw AR: 1714 (<--- double-yay for Conviction)

Skills:
(Combat)
5+ Zeal, prereq's
+1 Holy Shield (granted by weapon-switch)
+5 skills from equipment

(Offensive)
20 Conviction, prereq's
+5 skills from equipment

(Defensive)
20 Prayer
1 Cleansing
1 Meditation
20 Resist Lightning
20 Resist Fire
+10 skills from equipment

(Other)
+16 Battle Orders
+26 Battle Command

Equipment:
Weapon: Gimmershred's (204%)
Shield: Jewelers Sacred Targe of Blocking (4x Sol, 31 Resists Automod)
Helm: rare circlet (+29 str, 6 PDR, 28f/15l/15c/24p resists, +2 pally skills, 15 IAS)
Amulet: Priest's Amulet of Life Everlasting (2/23)
Armour: 'Fortitude' Archon Plate (29 / 1.5)
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp (10% Leech)
Belt: rare Vampirefang (+26 str, 18 life, 23f/30l/12c res)
Boots: GoreRider's
Ring1: Ravenfrost (20 / 204)
Ring2: Nature's Peace (11 / 26)

Switch: Beta-CtA Caduceus + Spirit Sacred Targe

Charms:
5x Preserver's GC (+26 Life, 14 FRW, 12% FHR, 1-10 Lightning)
1x Shimmering GC of Life (15/18)
1x Shimmering LC of Vita (7/34)
5x Shimmering SC (24 resists, 5MF, 2str, 1 dex)
1x Sapphire SC of Inertia (11/3)
1x Amber SC of Balance (11/5)
2x Arcing SC of Life/Inertia

Mercenary:
Fiona, Fire Rogue (level82)
'Faith' Crusader Bow (worst roll possible)
'Treachery' eth Archon Plate
Vampire Gaze (10% resist all jewel)

Notable Finds:

Pul/Pul Hellforge
Lionbranded GC of Dexterity (3)
Acrobat's GC
Steel GC of Life (123/20)
Sharp GC of Life (10/64/17)
eth Razortine
eth Nightsmoke
eth Blood Cresent
Goldwrap
Chance Guards
Trang's Wing
Immortal King's Will

Notes:

1. His attack was probably a hair stronger than Spongebob, and considering the defensive focus of his equipment and skills, it was pretty fast. But still not fast enough for me to have really enjoyed him.

2. I ran Conviction about 99% of the time. Cleansing was run to remove a curse (or maybe poison), and Meditation was run to get back some mana after fighting a mana-burn pack. But Conviction was the only aura used during battles - my AR was too low for anything else.

3. And running Conviction full time made things a lot safer around elemental attackers. And since my aura is a high level, it overrides any monster's conviction. Convicted Gloams become Gloams (and therefore, notably safer). Gloams still did have a little snap, but with 2200+ hitpoints and 90% Lightning Resists, it's not like they were a real threat.

4. Having a ranged attack available made Oblivion Knights much safer to be around too, but he killed at about 1/2-speed throwing the Gimmershred's (compared to zealing). I can't believe that once upon a time I made a patriarch paladin that only threw Gimmer's. :crazyeyes:

5. Dracul's Grasp (and the ctc LifeTap) took care of the Horadrim Ancients that the original Spongebob actually had to watch out for.

6. Actually Drac's made almost anything non-physical-immune (and therefore leechable) very safe with this build. I counted 7 or 8 times all game (in Hell) that I noticed any 'significant' dent to my life bulb (i.e. more than 100-200 hitpoints damage received) that lasted more than 2-3 seconds. 7-8 times total, though all of Hell.

7. I wonder how popular SpongebobII would be for Baal runs... He has high level conviction (for helping casters and overridding monster's conviction aura), some Fanaticism (for helping melee players and mercs), high level Resist Lightning (for Burning Souls), high level Resist Fire (for the 3rd wave), Cleansing (for the 2nd wave), decent Battle Orders, and can tank anything. I wager his lack of killing speed would be overlooked sometimes.

So, did he drink a potion (or die), or what?
He died lots...

...in Nightmare. 😉

Questing through normal & nightmare, I just used a 6xOrt Crystal Sword, zeal + conviction (but no fanaticism), had low blocking, had about 150 statpoints saved, and didn't really upgrade any equipment after act1 normal (other than equipping a HoZ at level42). That's not exactly a winning combination. :p In Hell, he switched over to abbot-mode, used equipment and charms that made sense, and spent some points in dexterity to get 75% blocking and upgraded his life & resistances. Needless to say, that made a big difference. So...

Acts 1 through 3 = cakewalk. A 4-year old could've made it through those acts without dying (or drinking a potion). One nasty double-pack of Vipers managed to remove about 1/2 of my life before LifeTap fired up, but otherwise not one monster was able to dent his life a little bit.

Same for Act4, at least until the Chaos Sanctuary. Actually, that wasn't particularly bad either, since I really didn't want an IM-death this time (for a change) I actually took a little time to recognize what I was standing near before zealing. I threw about 400 axes through the whole area. After clearing the area, I popped the seals...

Lord de Seis spawned Extra-Strong, and immediately cast Amp Damage (on top of his inherent Fanaticism). Fiona went down in a heartbeat, LifeTap didn't spawn quickly, and it didn't take SpongebobII long to realize that he wasn't going to make it through without drinking a potion, returning to town, or dying. I chose the lesser of 3 evils and quaffed a couple of purple rejuv's and a red while trying to spread the pack out. Once they were spread out, it wasn't an especially hard battle though. The rest of the way, SpongebobII did have a couple "close" calls on potions, but never had to drink another. He never died or retreated to town once (even the few times that Fiona died mid-battle, he'd clear the pack before returning to resurrect her).

I was a little disappointed to not make my goal, but drinking 3 potions and not retreating or dying once, while questing through the 5 acts of hell, can hardly be considered a complete failure.

Building an Abbot that can Kill Quickly & Safely
Now that I've done this a couple of times, I think I might have finally figured it out. First, I doubt my idea would truly qualify as an abbot, but hear me out...

With this latest attempt, I realized that once you've got good enough equipment, the points spent in Prayer are pretty much wasted (seriously... I couldn't run the aura during a battle because of my AR, and if I received any damage at all, I leeched it back so fast that I didn't need the regeneration after the battle). Cleansing and Meditation are great utilities, but potions and Dracul's Grasp could've easily covered the gaps of not having a high level Prayer. The same was quite true of the original Spongebob (though he was able to run Cleansing/Prayer during an occasional battle and didn't use Drac's).

So, with the extra skillpoints I'd build a fanazealot (20 Zeal, Sacrafice, Fanaticism), and put remaining points into the Resist Lightning and Resist Fire auras for the boosted max resists (and probably keep the Fortitude armour for that reason too). Stick with the ~75 PDR equipment I have currently to eliminate damage from all but the hardest hitters. Ideally, I'd have a Might+Reaper's merc (to break 90+% physical immunes), and a fast & strong one-handed weapon (Grief PB, or possibly something with lots of crushing blow), and keep the CtA switch for the BattleCry (and BO).

In the end it would loose a little bit of survivability (especially around conviction and IM), but the other 98% of the time this build would roll along almost as fast as a typically high-powered fanazealot - but not take a nick of damage doing it... :scratchchin:

So yes, someday you'll probably see SpongebobIII ;-).

Originally posted by sirpoopsalot on Nov 29, 2008:

Patriarch SpongebobIII - pseudoAbbot

I can already hear you asking "What's a pseudoAbbot?"

It's a similar thing to SSoG's Abbot paladin, except there's no significant investment in regenerated health. I guess a PDR-zealot would be another accurate description in this case, but "pseudo" is a much cooler word, and it's my thread. :p

Anyways, after Spongebob and SpongebobII, I still wanted to build an abbot-type character that could really kick butt and also stand in the midst of a cursed, extra-strong pack & pick his nose for several seconds. Finally, I've reached that goal, and I'm done with abbots... I think.

Patriarch SpongebobIII
LCS *(I didn't realize until that point that I only had 74% block - so after that screenshot I had to do a few /p8 Pindle runs to get to 86 and fix that)
Vengeance Damage: 1912 - 2666 (used weapon switch)

Skills:
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Fanaticism
12+ Resist Lightning
10+ Resist Fire
1 Vigor (used a lot), Conviction, Meditation, Vengeance, prereq's
25 BattleCommand, 16 BattleOrders, 10 HolyShield (all granted by weapon switch)

Equipment:
Grief PhaseBlade (+356)
Fortitude Archon Plate (29/1.5)
Jeweler's Sacred Targe of Blocking (4x Sol, +31 resists)
Priest's Diadem of Life Everlasting (2/25 + 1xSol)
Priest's Amulet of Life Everlasting (2/23)
Dracul's Grasp
Goreriders
Nature's Peace (11/26)
Ravenfrost (20/204)
rare Sharkskin belt (+28 str, +24f/16l/24p resists)

Switch: beta-CtA caduceus + Spirit Sacred Targe
Charms: Resists/Sharp of Inertia/<Life>/stuff

Merc: Might, level85
Reaper's (Shael) + Duress + VampGaze (IAS)

Finds:
Dol/Lum Hellforge. woot.
Jalal's Mane
3os/+3 Matriarchal Bow
Sparking skiller (plain)
7% MF small charm
Garnet (9%) small charm of Balance

Notes:
1. Major thanks to Jaedhann for the donated diadem - it's too bad I (Larzuk) messed it up by only putting one hole in it. :(

2. Still, with the Sol rune in the helm it was enough to push me over 100 PDR (101, to be precise) - which is why I socketed a Sol instead of Ort/Ral/jewel. That meant that 99.9% of monsters didn't do any damage, and even the hardest hitters I encountered were doing ~20 damage per hit - until the merc's Reaper's cast Decrepify. The only exceptions where I received any noticeable damage at all were Hephasto & the Pindle runs I did, but neither of those was able to take off more than ~400 life before I'd killed them or leeched it back. Ancients even spawned with the Whirler cursed and the other two extra-strong - didn't matter. He definitely didn't need the huge regeneration of a normal abbot.

However, my equipment's heavy focus on PDR also meant that a lot of his charms were tied up on resists and not on +damage. The extra PDR was nice on occasion, but he would've been faster overall with 50-60 PDR and more of a damage-focus (and he wouldn't really have been any less safe). Also, the extra AR on some Sharp/Fine/Steel charms would've helped for the monsters where the 'Ignore Target Defense' on Grief didn't work.

3. I had 4 deaths. 3 to IronMaiden (twice in Normal, once in Hell) in the Chaos Sanctuary, and one to a complete brainfart... after parking him for a day or two, I started up in the Outer Cloister in Nightmare, and immediately ran into a nasty cursed+fanat+extrafast double-bosspack - only to completely forget that all of my attacks were on left-click, and none were on right-click (read: my thoughts were "Why won't you attack, you stupid jerk?"). So I stood there and swapped auras back & forth for 3 seconds while getting pwned (it was long before I equipped any PDR). :D

Not exactly one of my best moments.

4. Gameplay was /players8 for the first 12 acts, /players5 until the Chaos Sactuary, and /players1 afterwards. My main auras were Vigor for movement and Fanaticism for attacking, with a smattering of Conviction, Sanctuary, and Cleansing thrown in. I did use Resist Lightning once against a pack of Convicted gloams in WSK2 also.

Overall, he slowed down a little on higher settings later on, but progress on /p1 was a complete breeze. He finally satisfied my requirements of a strong "enough" attack with almost-invincibility. Basically IronMaiden is the only thing that really has any chance to bring him down (err... discounting the times I forget what mouse-button I press to attack 😉).

5. My other Fanazealot did the game on /players8 with a Stormlash (and had a little more of a pure-offensive focus). From memory, I'd say the offensive power is very close for Grief vs. Stormlash if you compared them on a zealot. Grief is quicker killing LI's, and Stormlash is quicker against PI's, and it's quite close on everything else. The biggest difference I can see is the level requirements of the weapons: 59 for the Grief vs. 82 for the Stormlash (advantage: Grief). I haven't tried a Schaeferdin yet (I'll leave that to Asmo), but I suspect that's actually the best of the bunch. Of course, a better roll on my Grief would probably make a difference too.

Up Next: More Grief. I've made ~10 barbarians, and not one wielded a sword. It's about time to change that.

Originally posted by Skinnyy on Mar 20, 2008:

Patriarch CrazyEyes - All Dex PDR Zealot/Abbott

This is my third character to pat/mat for my mercless fleshripper sept. He is definitely off the beaten path and was an interesting experience. First off the vitals:

Crazy Eyes, Level 79 Paladin

Stats:

naked / with gear and charms
Strength: 25 / 77
Dexterity: 425 / 443
Vitality: 25 / 172
Energy: 15 / 25

Life: 644 / 944 with BO
Mana: 177 / 308 with BO

Resists (Hell):
Fire: 80
Cold: 75 (also 20% absorb from Ravenfrost)
Lit: 84
Pois: 59

Defense: 5730 with holy shield and chilling armor

Damage:

zeal (from LCS):
750-2,705 AR:7,722

vengeance (LCS):
790-2,875 AR:3,238

Skills:
Hard / with gear

20 / 24 Prayer
20 / 21 Zeal
20 / 21 Sacrifice (zeal synergy)
1 / 4 Holy Shield (only used for FBR, increased chance to block irrelevent with 400+ Dexterity)
10 / 14 Resist Fire
9 / 13 Resist Lightning
1 / 2 Vengeance
0 / 8 Battle Orders

1 cleansing, meditation, vigor, redemption, and all prereqs.

0 in offensive auras

Gear:

Fleshripper (shael)
Circlet of Life Everlasting (Sol/Sol, 39PDR)
Gemmed Protector Shield (Automod 41% Resist All with 3xPDiamond/Sol)
Fortitude Dusk Shroud (7PDR)
Goblin Toe
Dracul's Grasp
Ruby amulet of Life Everlasting (23 PDR)
Nosferatu's Coil
Raven Frost
Rare Ring: 19 Str/6 LL/27 ColdRes/15 LitRes

on swap:
CtA crystal sword
lidless wall

Charms:
3 defensive aura skillers. A couple small charms to max fire/lit/cold resists. One Grand charm with 9max damage, 57 AR, and 6 strength to help meet 77 strength requirement of dusk shroud without spending any points in strength. A bunch of small charms of vita with 18 or more life and some minor mods.

Merc:
None, this sept is mercless, so no babysitting. Didn't even use one to help level for end game gear.

Gear Readouts:
Code:
Fleshripper
Fanged Knife
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 56 to 215
Durability: 36 of 36
Required Dexterity: 86
Required Strength: 42
Required Level: 68
Dagger Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xae14936f
+278% Enhanced Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
-50% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance of Open Wounds
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
Slows Target by 20%
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
'ElSolDolLo'
Defense: 1401
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x25230fbe
+200% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Fire Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +26%
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Cold Resist +26%
Poison Resist +26%
Replenish Life +7
+1 to Light Radius
25% Faster Cast Rate
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+1 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Nosferatu's Coil
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 58
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x8c87154c
+15 to Strength
7% Life stolen per hit
-3 to Light Radius
10% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Slows Target by 10%

Circlet of Life Everlasting
'SolSol'
Defense: 29
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x45aeb159
Damage Reduced by 39
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Gemmed Protector Shield
'Sol'
Defense: 140
Chance to Block:  40%
Smite Damage: 18 to 24
Durability: 38 of 40
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 69
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x2407dedf
Damage Reduced by 7
All Resistances +98

Goblin Toe
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 33
Durability: 18 of 18
Kick Damage: 8 to 16
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x627e076
+56% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
-1 to Light Radius
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Ruby Amulet of Life Everlasting
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xb4b63bd6
Damage Reduced by 23
Fire Resist +31%

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xf40bbfe1
+18 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+234 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Skull Grip
Ring
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x68ef51e1
+19 to Strength
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +27%
6% Life stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 139
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x20fda5d0
+12 to Strength
+112% Enhanced Defense
9% Life stolen per hit
+10 Life after each Kill
25% Chance of Open Wounds
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Life Tap on striking

Ramblings:
The goal with this build was to get PDR where the gettings good, get some crushing blow and base damage to kill with, and maintain max resists. All without spending points in anything but dexterity. Its part Abbott based on SSoG's unlinkable guide, but with more emphasis on killing speed. Since I wasn't using an insight weapon (as a true abbott does) I didn't get the benefit of essentially having my prayer aura on twice, so I had half the life regeneration. I split my aura use about 50/50 between cleansing/meditation, with redemption used occassionally to clean up bodies. I used cleansing when I was getting cursed or poisoned, meditation when I was getting mana burned or during charge-travelling.

Kill speed overall was good, 50% chance of crushing blow takes down the first half of a monsters life quickly and 425 Dex damage bonus + fortitude finishes them. A shaeled fleshripper + 10% IAS (I got from Nosferatus) reaches a 5 frame zeal, which is fast enough. A 4 frame zeal could have been reached using fanaticism aura, but I wanted to stick with Prayer and see how much it really helps. Vengeance was used to deal with PIs. I chose to put points into the synergies (Fire and Lit Resist) as that also passively raised my max resist on those elements (which are by far the most dangerous). This, ravenfrost, and cleansing aura allowed me to be pretty much immune to elemental attacks, which was nice with a lower life build.

PDR is something I had never built a character around. I found that 25 is enough in normal to essentially negate all damage, even during Baal runs. 50 PDR for Nightmare Baal runs resulted in taking 0 physical damage also. But the 76 PDR I had for Hell was not enough, which is probably why SSoG recommended 80 as a minimum. There was only one situation during the first three acts of Hell that I took damage pic There are actually four bosses there, one might enchanted, one fanaticism, one holy freeze, and the last one was something wimpy. That was my first NDE; one hit there took away at least half of my 600 life (I wasnt using CtA at that point) even though I had 76 PDR. I separated them and they went down easily though.

Even through acts 4 and 5 most monsters could not hurt me unless they had especially nasty mods. Even some that did have nasty mods did not hurt much. I found a pack of fanatic archers in the bloody foothills, and it took them around 30 seconds to drop my life to half (pic). I also found that in a pack of frenzytaurs without any damage enhancing mods only the boss could hurt me (but it hurt a lot, pic). The problem is though, when they can hurt you, they hurt a LOT. When monsters start getting lots of nasty mods together PDR kind of sucks, I would have preferred DR% in those situations.

In the end I wasn't really impressed with Prayer either. When damage got through to me either life leech or lifetap filled my bulb so quickly it was pretty irrelevant. Fanaticism would have provided much more kill speed. I can see, though, how beneficial prayer would be on a true Abbott (especially with a prayer merc). I had not initially intended on using Dracs or lifetap, but ended up using them as they are the only gloves I had with any sort of significant strength boost. It was actually probably the most useless situation to have lifetap as most of the time your life bulb never moves. And when monsters did hurt, they hurt bad I didn't have time to wait for lifetap to proc. At least the gloves also had Open wounds, which provides more damage.

One weird issue I had was sometimes instead of zealing, my character would start doing standard attacks (single swings). I think it was related to weapon range (fleshripper is range 1), if I stopped swinging and repositioned closer to the monster I would go back to zealing. I know this wasn't caused by lack of mana as it happened several times with a full mana bulb.

Deaths: Only 2 despite a lot of close calls. One very stupid one to some burning archers and mages near Radament when I switched to CtA, which dropped my resists to around -30. My second death was to p8 extra fast Lister and company. I thought between the PDR, Life Tap, and Life leech I could survive (plus I was dumb and got surrounded so I had not choice but to attempt it).

Hellforges: NM Lem, Hell Ist

Finds: My first eth Kelpie from normal Baal.

Overall, this build was fun and different, but not great. Fun to tank monsters without losing health, but when you meet real heavy-hitters PDR doesn't help much. Again, the damage bonus from the dex was very nice, but shows how horribly inefficient adding points to dex is in improving AR (luckily the fleshripper has -50% to target defense mod).

For the sept I have 4 more to go and 3 of them are currently levelling up at nightmare Baal and the last at normal Baal. Next will probably be the poison dagger necro or the daggerzon.

Originally posted by smilts on Oct 28, 2012:

Patriarch Steve the Martyr

Patriarch Steve has defeated Baal. it was a long journey in part because I experimented a lot. A two handed martyr isnt for the feint of heart. I also wouldnt recommend it for HC. But it was a lot of fun. For the most part the only thing that killed him was himself. I went with a two handed maul. and lots of life and max damage charms, mixed in with a few Steel sc's.

His stats:
Code:
Name:       Steve
Class:      Paladin
Experience: 688040078
Level:      80
            Naked/Gear
Strength:   193/232
Dexterity:  26/50
Vitality:   261/261
Energy:     15/15
HP:         978/1333
Mana:       130/225
Stamina:    403/463
Defense:    6/1392
AR:         115/2146
Fire:       115/75/15
Cold:       115/75/15
Lightning:  150/110/50
Poison:     115/75/15
MF:         25       Block:      6
GF:         0
FR/W:       20
FHR:        5
IAS:        60
FCR:        0

Damage:
Screenshot035.jpg

Screenshot036.jpg

Gear:
Code:
Corpse Smasher
Thunder Maul
'Amn'
Two-Hand Damage: 130 to 751
Durability: 44 of 60
Required Strength: 202
Required Level: 65
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xcbb09b13
+295% Enhanced Damage
Adds 9-24 cold damage over 3 seconds
7% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -20%
Required Level +7
150% Damage to Undead
+40 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1320 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Chains of Honor
Archon Plate
'DolUmBerIst'
Defense: 827
Durability: 20 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x58aef72e
+20 to Strength
+70% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
All Resistances +65
8% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
200% Damage to Demons
100% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels

Call to Arms
Superior Military Pick
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 28 to 44
Durability: 24 of 26
Required Dexterity: 33
Required Strength: 49
Required Level: 57
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x6158aa87
+239% Enhanced Damage
+65% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
+3 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
+3 to Battle Command
Prevent Monster Heal
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Shadow Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc5d943cf
+4 to Energy
+70 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +24%
Poison Resist +5%
7% Life stolen per hit

Storm Hold
Ring
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x247489e8
+10 to Mana
+89 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +23%
6% Life stolen per hit
34% Extra Gold from Monsters

plus, umed Tals helm, High Lords, SoE's, drac's and Tearhaunch.

Play style;
I finished with 48% LL, and the occasional life tap going off it helped a lot. basicly I charged in then switched to sacrifice until everything was dead. I learned early to switch to charge anytime my life bulb was going at all low. It was almost more of a hybrid. I used sacrifice for the most part but anything unleechable I would charge untill life tap went off or they were dead. there was a lot of switching between charge and sacrifice at times. But for the most part sacrifice was much better than charge. It just hits really hard. Bosses, were interesting I figured I would have no problem just using Sacrifice untill they died but that didnt work out. I would have to charge in and hope lifetap went off, if it did I would use sacrifice until they died. If it didnt I would have to charge a few more times. Not being Zeal and being a 11 frame attack, Life tap didnt go off all that often. If I had reapers I think a lot of things would have been different. well thats my build I really enjoyed it and would say if your patient others would as well.

Originally posted by smilts on Oct 21, 2009:

Patriarch Striker FOH/Fireball'er just because

I decided on this build while trying to decide if there was a possiblity of making a decent Dragon Scale pally. I thought at first just maybe dragon scale and all the pieces of the trangs set except the shield of course might be able to make a pally that worked. After talking with some smarter folks I decided it wouldnt and just went with the trangs belt and gloves as a backup for FOH. Anyway I figured its been done and worked so why not.

The skills were strait forward for a FOH build

combat skills
offensive auras
defensive auras
I decided to go Holy shield over Holy bolt. I figured I'd rather survive than kill a few more allready dead beasties.

Gear was also strait forward caster except for of course the trangs belt and Ormus Robes.

Ormus robes +3 FB also with a fire facet in it just for fun
Shako it has a resist jewel on it and i considered going with a griffons eye as well
trangs gloves important for fire ball and FCR
Trangs belt other than fireball it added CBF and some life and some mana
Spirit sacred targe all around great shield for casters this one in a good pally shield with tons of resists
Heart of the Oak
I didnt bother with Screenys of the jewelry but thwey were tweo SOJ's and a +28 Mara's. Charms were LB's with 4 fire resist sc's.

stat point placement was uninteresting
dressed
nekkid

My Merc was a wonderful help. He brought a Insight and Holy freeze to the party. With Treachery and Vampire gaze on he died some but it wasnt to horrible.

Playing this guy was actually pretty fun. I played him through twinking minus gold every piece of gold he has he found himself. I always thought of FOH as a super slow pvm skill but it wasnt as bad as I thought it might be. Fireball wasnt super usefull I didnt really ever think it would be. It did have a place in the build large swarms of small beasties were handled pretty fast with fireballs. there are some monsters, demons or whatever that are LI and even after conviction takes down there immunity there still really strongly lightning resistant, fireball was great for that as well. And finally in Fireballs defense I got a LI hell ancient and finished him off with the skill. Playing hell at anything above p4 though would take forever so its no power build....

I'd like to thank Ashmer Amadeus for the loan of his fireball Ormus robes, Also Zylo and Liquid Evil for their advice on the build...

Originally posted by Steven Q Urkel on Jul 22, 2011:

Patriarch HaXOr-RayPatean: The Auradin

The year was 2007. With Thyiad and, um -- Hrus, I think, maybe it was still Cattleya -- bravely at the helm, a great eye takes watch over an unsuspecting forum:

Thyiad said:
This deserves a ban.

Through out the years here at D2, hundreds of Paladins had come and gone. Zealots, PvP Smiters, Avengers, Abbots, Martyrs, 1.10 Fireballers (LoL), PvP Templars, Hammerdins, etc. -- only to fade from memory and fall victim to the squid. :(

Not anymore. The time for change was upon us. Against all odds -- not to mention the envy of his peers.....:whistling:

stephan said:
I hate you Ray

:rolleyes:
Aman said:
I hate you too 😁

....noble hero Ray Patean earned his place in forum history as Patriarch Malachi became the very first Auradin in the history of our great forum. With the release of patch 1.13, and the once impossible dream of high runes becoming ever closer to reality, I decided that I would follow in Malachi's footsteps, and thus HaXOr-RayPatean was born.

LCS capture

Patriarch HaXOr-RayPatean
(currently) level 91 Paladin

Health: 1407 base; 2425 after Battle Orders
Mana: 378 base; 589 after Battle Orders

Str 114 base; 153 with items
Dex 146 base; 172 with items
Vit 260 base; 316 with items
Enrg 15 base; 19 with items (rofl)

base attack rating 1095; attack rating after Enchant 4029
chance to hit Baal (Hell) 33%; chance to hit Baal (Hell) 55% after Enchant
defense 4929; 75% chance to block up to and including level 99
5 frame zeal @ 53% total IAS
5 frame hit recovery @ 66% total fhr
3% faster run (LoL)
-93% enemy defense/-150% enemy resists @ 13.3 yards

Combat Skills
Sacrifice 12 (15)
Zeal 1 (4)
Holy Shield 0 (10) [Holy Shield granted through a +2 staff mod on the switch weapon]

Offensive Auras
Might 1 (6)
Holy Fire 1 (6)
Thorns 1 (6)
Holy Freeze 1 (6)
Sanctuary 1 (6)
Conviction 20 (25)

Defensive Auras
Resist Fire 20 (22)
Resist Lightning 20 (22)
Salvation 20 (22)

All skills receive 1 additional point to the numbers listed above from Battle Command

The Auraquiptments

Hat: +11% all resist, +21% fhr, +24% magic find Dream Bone Visage
Amulet: crafted safety amulet: +2 Paladin skills, +12% resist all, +10% chance to block, +7% mana leech, and some other junk
Sword: 312% enhanced damage, 127 - 144 one hand damage Hand of Justice Phase Blade
Armor: +4 all stats, 849 defense Dragon Archon Plate
Shield: +8% all resist, +20% fhr, +24% magic find Dream in a 40% resist all Royal Shield base
Gloves: 1.07 Laying of Hands
Belt: +32 Vit/13% DR/+10 replenish life Verdongo's
Rings: 20/234 Ravenfrost on the left, 5% life leech/30% Fire resist/some other junk on the right
Boots: +2 Dex/+35% Lightning res/+22% Cold res/+21% Poison res/+10% fhr rare chain boots
Weapon Switch: +13 Battle Orders/+14 Battle Command/+2 Holy Shield :cloud9: war scepter

Charms
3x Captains grand charm, one with +12 life
1x Lionbranded grand charm
2x Shimmering grand charm of Sustenance (15/21, 15/31)
1x Shimmering grand charm (15), 2x Shimmering small charm (+5 each)
small charms with various resists and life

All the charms left me with just 3 open spaces in my inventory. This was [highlight]absolute bloody Hell[/highlight] on a pack rat such as myself, but somehow I managed. Please Diablo, never again :D

The Mercenary
Vikhyat, Act II Desert Mercenary with a Might aura, equipped with:
beta Delirium Bone Visage
Chains of Honor Archon Plate
indestructible 1.07 ethereal Doom Great Poleaxe -- just like Jaedhann's

Ray Patean said:
@Friedbananananana: I rushed this character until he was able to equip the 4 main items. After that, it was easy going.

ROFL. Wuss 👅

Although patch 1.13 introduced the ability to re-spect, Malachi never had this option, and I decided that H-RP should be dually bound by the same restriction. H-RP began his journey much like many of my previous characters, muling on a nice twink weapon and adding Sigons Steel items once you start to gain the strength. At level 15 I went ahead and equipped a 1.09 Raven Claw socketed with a Nef rune. The Nef turned out to be a bit overkill, as many foes died in one or two hits so the knockback never had a chance to trigger, haha.

H-RP's first real test came in the form of Normal Duriel. He absolutely refused to engage the mercenary, and instead insisted upon chasing me all over the chamber. At times I was having great difficulty and hardship trying to line up a good shot with the Raven, but persistence paid off and H-RP held serve. Duriel hath been slain. :D

Act III was largely uneventful, for the most part. Swashbuckling through the jungle was its usual pain in the butt, but after dispatching of the Council it was time to go find Mephisto. Initially when I started this character I was hoping he could finish questing without suffering a single death, but sadly this goal never made it past Durance level 2. Without a shield and with minimal Fire res from Sigons I was vulnerable, and some n00blet Vampire dropped some Meteors before I had a chance to potion, and I died.

In Act IV the Raven was starting to loose a bit of its firepower, but it was still serviceable. However, trying to kill Diablo with a bow and arrows turned out to be quite the fool's errand indeed. I now have an even greater respect for teh Fisheh and all of his guardians, especially the bow and arrow variants. :D

After a couple of Bloody Foothills runs in Act V, I ditched the Raven and began adding more traditional Zealot equipment. Things like Butchers Pupil, Lionheart, String of Ears, Ravenfrost, Vamp Gaze, War Traveler, etc. as soon as H-RP had met the level requirements. After completing the Baal quest, I went ahead and leveled up to level 50 before I started Nightmare. H-RP only used 8 skill points in all of Normal, and 5 of those were pre-reqs to Conviction LoL.

Prior to beginning NM, H-RP got his next equipment upgrade. Back in patch 1.12 I was able to make a trade with Darkooo for a 1.07 eth Small Crescent, and after successfully making Oath and getting 316% ED, H-RP was rocking out one hand damage of 237 - 419. Pwn. This gave me a significant advantage over nearly all enemies I encountered in Nightmare. I only died twice with my Nightmare equipment set up, but both deaths it wasn't my fault. First Galeb Flame-a-nubby spawned Fire Enchanted and took me out when he axploded, and then some bugged Tomb Vipers in the Halls of Blahblahblah took me out after I zealed them into the ground. Overall Nightmare was such a breeze that I don't recall spending a single skill point. I killed Baal at level 74, with 210 unspent stat points and 73 - yes, 73 - unspent skill points. Prior to entering Hell I wanted to make sure that the 'core' Auradin build was finished, so I went ahead and leveled to 80 with Nightmare Baals before starting Hell.

Once I entered Hell, H-RP finally fulfilled his destiny and started fighting like an Auradin. Dual Dreams, Dragon, and Hand of Justice were equipped, and Conviction, Salvation, Resist Fire, and Resist Lightning were all maxed. As soon as I hit the Cloister waypoint, I decided to put questing on hold in order to run from 80 to 90 on /players 5 Pit runs. My end game amulet required level 89 was the main reason for doing this. I also wanted to add points to Sacrifice in order to boost my physical damage aspect. And finally, I was hoping to gain some sense of H-RP's survivability in Hell difficulty in the absence of Life Tap. I realize you cant really compare a devilkin and a bone warrior to some of the heavy hitters in Act IV and Act V :D but whatever. Between the Volcano on the moron's Doom, the Curses on Delirium and Dream, the Hydras from Dragon, and the occasional Holy Bolt from LoH, all the Pit runs certainly resulted in plenty of fireworks, and even the occasional low blow from the Pits themselves. IIRC, I only died 2x during the 10 level Pit runs, so I had deemed H-RP ready for Hell without having to ditch LoH for Dracs. Also, H-RP was pretty much destroying everything in sight offensively, so I decided to continue questing on /players 5 through out the rest of Hell.

As far as I recall, I suffered only 2 deaths after leaving the Pits to continue questing. The first was from Fanatic Dolls in the Durance while trying to cast Battle Orders (LoL irony) and the second was some n00blar Moon Lord in the World Stone Keep. I don't really know what happened there, one minute I'm zealing and the next thing I know I'm slain. >_< Overall I feel like H-RP is a very solid character and I had lots of fun with him. My only complaints are the lack of inventory space like I said before, and I think my Attack Rating seems a little low but overall I deem H-RP to be a great success. 👍

Hellforges were Ith, Io, Lum. With only 48% mf finds were limited, but I did manage 3x Wizardspikes, all of which were socketed and traded to frozzzen LoL. I only managed a single HR while leveling in the Pits - a Lo rune - so return on investment has so far been marginal but I suppose that is to be expected. :D

Ray Patean said:
The LCS is all the damage. The Dreams add just over 7000 damage, and the HoJ/Dragon add just over 1500 damage. There isn't any hidden damage there, just the 1100+260ish pulse damage. Then all that gets helped from Conviction.

It's a thing of beauty 😁

It is, Ray. It really truly is. Anyone wanting to see H-RP in action may do so in the following YouTubes:

The Making of an Auradin
Chaos Sanctuary and Diablo
fighting the Ancients (It really wasn't a fair fight ROFL)
HaXOr-RayPatean becomes Patriarch
/players 5 Pindleskin and Travincal run
/players 5 Pit run

Some of these videos turned out to be a bit longer than I had anticipated, but I think they all should still be watchable.

Special Thanks

Just like Malachi, HaXOr-RayPatean would never have been possible without the help of all of our friends here at the Forum. I would like to recognize the following individuals for their great contributions to H-RP's success:

• nulio for trading several HRs greater than or equal to Ohm and for the 11/15 jewel
  • frozzzen and Pyrohemia for a Jah rune from Pyro's PvM giveaway
  • Pyro's 1.11 LK map for the Exile base. H-RP never actually used this shield, but who wants to make a separate video just for an Exile??? :D
  • kestegs for trading a Ber rune
  • Zaliqai for trading a 1.07 eth polearm for the mercenary's Doom and another 1.07 polearm for a beta Crescent Moon
  • Pijus for trading the 13/15 jewel
  • Nightfind for trading the 1.07 set bramble mitts. Absorb FTW :yes:
  • scrcrw for trading dual Lo runes and a Ber rune
  • frozzzen for trading the 2 Shimmering Grand Charm of Sust.
  • Jaedhann for inspiring the moron to equip the filthy hax Doom polearm
  • NagisaFurukawa for the 40 all resist Royal Shield base for Dream
  • And last but not least, the iconic Ray Patean for bringing the Auradin to Single Player for countless future generations to emulate and enjoy

Final Thoughts

Now that H-RP is standing tall at Patriarch, who will be next in line to carry the torch? Your throne awaits you, is there a hero among us who dares brave enough to claim it?

Grisu said:
You, Sir, are crazy. Crazy as in mental. Crazy as me being green with envy...but watch out: one day I'll do that in HC - and then I'll start dueling in HC with him:grin:

Congrats though!👍

Master Grisu, you must embrace your destiny. You are the Chosen One. The fate of our forum now rests squarely on your shoulders.........do not disappoint. :evil2:

I hope you enjoyed the Pat thread, Thank You for reading, bai bai 👋

Originally posted by ThePunisher on Jun 27, 2004:

Patriarch MadTwoPhysicist

I've just patted my fanat/zeal/smite paladin. This is the first Pat I've made by myself (no help killing hell ancients/hell baal). He's clvl 79, skills as follows:
20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 fanatacism
1 vengeance (for PIs)
1 conversion (was very useful for crowd control)
6 smite
14 holy shield
1 defiance (not sure why I did this)
1 charge
1 might
1 blessed aim
1 concentration
He will be able to max smite and holy shield by getting to level 99, exactly

Base Stats:
Str: 177
Dex: 133
Vit: 155
Ene: 25 (don't know why its not 15... another mistake I guess)

Equipement:
Helm: Veil of Steel (socketed: IAS jewel)
Weapon: The Redeemer (socketed: IAS jewel)
Armor: Shaftstop (socketed: IAS jewel)
Shield: Herald of Zakarum (socketed: perfect diamond)
Gloves: Lava Gouts
Ring 1: Raven Frost
Ring 2: Storm Spiral (rare: gives +59 to Attack Rating, +1 to Maximum Damage, Damage Reduced by 2, Lightning Resist +28%, 10% Faster Cast Rate, used b/c I needed the lightening resist)
Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Boots: Gore Riders

He was very heavily twinked, although he found his own boots:) Most of his equipement came from my avenger whom I patted a while ago.

Interesting parts: The hell ancients fell my first time, with no rerolls... one of them had holy freeze but fell quickly. Lister was tough - he was immune to physical, immune to fire, stone skin, w/ holy freeze. Finally got him and 2 others split off from the main group, smote the two minions to death, and then used vengeance for about 10 minutes while drinking full rejuvs as needed. Baal fell pretty quick, no trips to town/deaths. And, best thing is, I did the whole thing on my first try (that is, my first time having gotten down to the throne chamber to fight Baal's minions).

Cool finds: IK stonecrusher in the halls of pain, Frostwind in WSK (saving it for my fiance's sword barb) Gore Riders (my first pair ever!) from hell meph when killing him as the quest, Lycander's Aim from hell baal (shameless plug: its up for trade as I won't make amazons:) no offense to all you amazon lovers, I just happen not to enjoy playing them much), ethereal skin of the flayed one from normal baal.

Future use: I plan to use this character as my main duelling character for a while, and use him for item hunting. I wasn't stupid and hence I have the pindle portal!

The name: I've named him after my usual online handle, mad2physicist. Corny, I know. My next characters will have, if nothing else, better names.

Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Mar 1, 2008:

Patriarch Flynn - Ranger Medic

Patriarch Flynn

"Damnit!" said Flynn as the arrow struck soundly in the head of his wounded comrade. Flynn, throwing down his bloody medic's knife reached for a bow dropped by a fallen comrade. "Brother, your oath..." Amara said plaintively. Her voice trailed off, already knowing that her pleas fell on deaf ears. "My father taught me how shoot once, perhaps he fancied me an archer." said Flynn. He raised his tall frame up from a crouch, his surgeon's nerves keeping the bow steady amidst the din of battle. Flynn selected his target, and fired. The arrow embedded itself in the back of the creature's head and it went down writhing. "Must've been the brain stem" said Flynn softly to himself as he readied another arrow.

I decided to try out a Ranger/Medic hybrid after reading the guide for 'The Acupuncturer' at the 'basin. I tweaked the build slightly to maximize physical damage and healing but the concept is largely the same. Normal proved to fairly simple as usual, I went melee until I could use Artic Horn and then progressed from there. I switched off to Rip Hook at 31 and then started using WWS at 39. I previously used this bow on my Hunter druid and it proved once again to be my favorite bow. It's perfect for non-amazon bow users with it's low requirements, awesome damage mods, and massive resist all. The magic arrow mod proved to incredibly convenient since I never had to worry about picking up or running out of ammo.

One interesting play mechanic I developed from this build is the usage of a one-handed weapon and shield on switch. This came about largely because my medi-kit (wizzy and lidless) is kind of useless when my only companion is my merc. So I decided to devote my weapon switch to straight up melee damage. Time and time again this proved incredibly useful for dealing with tough bosses when going ranged is just not wise.

It was also great when I was exploring open areas filled with fast melee attackers with quick attacks (ie the guest rogue lancers in hell a5). The shield saved me again and again as it gave me an extra split second to regroup, let my merc dive in, and move back, switch, and start firing arrows.

My block was always at 75% due to my pumping dex for bow damage and the pally's natural blocking speed meant I never got block locked. Even with no crushing blow, no zeal, no smite, and 789 life, I was able to take down a hell Minion of Destruction one on one. In the future I may develop a ranger/zealot build later on to better take advantage of the melee side of things.

Stats
Lvl 82
Damage with Fanat: 812-1725
Damage with Fanat and Might: 981-2082
Life: 789 | Mana: 209

20 Fanat
20 BA
20 Holy Bolt
20 Prayer
1 Cleansing
6 Conviction
Pre-reqs

My Gear
Upgraded WWS 'shael shael'
Saracen's Chance
'Lionheart' Archon
Laying of Hands
Razor Tail
Raven Frost
Tear Haunch
Horizon's Tornado and HoZ on switch

Code:
Gale Casque
Coronet
Defense: 73
Durability: 30 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x5018f1b1
+19 to Strength
+36 to Life
+80% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +10
7% Life stolen per hit

Wraith Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 47
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x14612b18
+15 to Strength
+102 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +19%
Poison Resist +24%
10% Faster Cast Rate

Merc
Reapers
Duriel's
Guillames

Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Jun 25, 2008:

Patriarch Lawrence - Arabian Knight

Patriarch Lawrence

Night in Aranoch, sometime after midnight.

Trails of streaking magic arch across the battlefield, briefly illuminating a figure moving quickly in soot-darkened armor. He is the one known by the enemy as The Desert Ghost. A lone sabre cat makes the mistake of standing up against the sky, silhouetting its body starkly against the fires in the distance. Quickly, the figure moves, a dull thudding sound and the cat falls leadenly to the ground. A brief enchantment and the trap is set, one of many corpses he had rigged for the enemy that night.

-

The Planning Stage

Lawrence was born when I combined 2 bits of thought that I had gleaned from the AB.

Thought 1: A use for the CE charges on Corpsemourn. In the original post, one of the posters posited that a paladin was best equipped to maximize CE damage by running Conviction. I decided to test this on a retired smiter but was disappointed when I realized both CE and Conviction are right button skills. Conviction does "stick" but it's for such a short period of time that it's effectively worthless. Nevertheless, I knew from experience with Death Sentry that even a little bit of CE is deadly at P1 in Hell difficulty.

Thought 2: Lacerator's ctc Amp Dmg was best maximized by smite. The weapon's ctc Monster Flee was effectively minimized by smite, since smite always hits > smite always stuns > stun overwrites monster flee > monsters never run away. What's also nice is that while the monster you're hitting will generally keep cycling between Monster Flee and Amp Dmg, his buddies standing around him only get hit with Amp Dmg (Monster Flee only affects one target.)

It seemed to make sense to combine the two because the physical half of CE was boosted by Amp Dmg (not to mention my smite dmg). CE also helped cover for the lack of an AOE attack when using smite, an age-old weakness for your standard smiter.

I still needed a name for my new paladin. Proper names are something I can wrestle with for hours. I can never start a character with any old name. In my mind's eye I had visualized this guy as something of a scout or a special ops, dodging explosions and setting up traps while running in and out of trenches. He was a guerrilla warrior. A slow browse through Wikipedia brought me to a list of famous guerilla's and the name of TE Lawrence popped out. Now there's a guy with a sense of adventure. His heroic image fit in pretty well with what I wanted out of my character. So, Lawrence it was.

Leveling and Observations

And so, I started my journey through Sanctuary. Initially I melee'd with just plain ol' normal attack till about the middle of NM. Smite was too weak until then and my mana pool was too low to support it. After the middle of NM I had finished maxing Smite and Fanat and was working on Holy Shield. My smite damage was starting to get respectable when I put on my trusty HoZ.

At lvl 68, near the end of NM, I was finally able to equip Lacerator, an upgraded HoZ, a bunch of life/mana charms, and the rest of my end-game gear. Now, my build took shape. I was initially a little underwhelmed with CE's performance before I realized I was still in NM diff, and hence, still on players 8. With that in mind, I focused on just smashing everything with an Amp'd smite. Now, as most people know, standard smiters are great against big bad bosses. Well this guy? Lawrence was even better. Turns out, bosses can't proc Monster Flee, so they were Amp'd for the entire time, that plus the fact that they can't get knocked back meant they were demolished very quickly.

Once into Hell, I ratcheted down to players 1 and really started to refine my tactics by bringing CE into the picture. I realized early on that the radius of a lvl 5 CE was quite low, maybe only 3 goatmen wide. Luckily smite is perfect for herding monsters into a tight clump. Generally I rushed in, prioritized a/the monster with a lot of HP, killed him and then blew him up. It didn't always kill but it softened up the other monsters nicely. PI ghosts were particularly fun to dispatch as I usually shoved them over a fresh corpse and then blew them up.

I suppose some of you are wondering what I'd been doing with the rest of my points by now (if you're still reading this essay). I needed some way to deal with particularly hard PI's, and well as Oblivion Knights. Initially I thought about using a demon machine and holy fire on switch but that had a couple strikes against it. Number 1: Holy fire rangers are best at killing crowds, I only needed to kill one guy to start the CE chain. Number 2: OK's are always with a pack of FI doom knights, negating fire's advantage. Number 3: Arrow for arrow, holy fire was weaker then the other 2 holy damage auras. Holy freeze wasn't an option since it would shatter corpses. Holy shock ended up making the most sense. But wait, my gear was slanted towards smite, the auto-hitter. My AR was ~900 in Hell. Solution: The ITD bow Widowmaker.

The ancients were a breeze, and Baal actually dropped me a Mara's!

Like all one handed pallies, this guy was pretty safe. I died 4 times in total. Once to a tagteam of Cursed blood hawks and Might-enchanted thorn hulks in A3, to IM in A4 and A5, and finally to a gloam in the Throne. Overall, this guy was a blast (groan...) to play.

Stats
Lvl 82
Smite damage: 1398-1431
Smite damage w/ might: 1639-1678
Life: 1573 | Mana: 485
Resists: 75/75/77/75
Def: 9895

Str: 89
Dex: 104
Vit: 297
Nrg: 15

20 Smite
20 Fana
20 Holy Shield
20 Holy Shock
5 Resist Light
Pre-reqs

My Gear
Plague Crest Tiara 'resist all/fhr jewel'*
Blood Torc amulet*
Lacerator
Corpsemourn 'poison resist/-reqs jewel'
Up'd HoZ 'pdiamond'
Dire Fist gloves*
Bone Lock belt*
Goblin Toe
Raven Frost
Grim Coil ring*
Widowmaker on switch

Life/Mana charms

Code:
Plague Crest
Tiara
Defense: 42
Durability: 25 of 25
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x800b3bc1
+24 to Strength
+86 to Mana
All Resistances +29
30% Faster Run/Walk
7% Faster Hit Recovery
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Blood Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xbac4bc12
+15 to Strength
+13 to Dexterity
+32 to Mana
Fire Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +19%
Poison Resist +19%
40% Extra Gold from Monsters

Dire Fist
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 61
Fingerprint: 0x65168330
+10 to Life
+18 to Attack Rating
3% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Bone Lock
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 43
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0xec3fca9b
+54 to Life
+24% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +10%
24% Faster Hit Recovery
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Grim Coil
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x8efc39ff
+12 to Strength
+9 to Dexterity
+19 to Mana
Lightning Resist +24%
Cold Resist +6%
Merc
Crown of Thieves
Eth Obedience Thresher
Duriel's

Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Dec 3, 2016:

Patriarch Kailash - Fanatic Weretemplar

Patriarch Kailash

Stats
Code:
Lvl 85

Damage: 1101-2468
AR: 5559
6 fpa

Life (in bear form): 3065
Resists: 48/67/59/44
Defense: 36213 (with Chilling Armor on)
Max block

Str: 86 | Dex: 95 | Vit: 324

Skills
20 Fanaticism
20 Holy Shield
20 Blessed Aim
20 Defiance
10 Unspent

Gear
Code:
Guillaume's Face 'res all jewel'
Mara's
'Grief' Phase Blade
'Fortitude' Archon Plate
'Exile' Sacred Targe
Blood Clutches crafted gloves*
Verdungo's
Gore Rider
Doom Touch rare ring*
Raven Frost
Switch: 'Beast' Berserker Axe / 'Spirit' Sacred Targe

Grief
Superior Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xe91b5e4e
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+33% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +370
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+2 to Attack Rating
+159% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+14 Life after each Kill

Fortitude
Archon Plate
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1581
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xf1aa3e74
Item Level: 88
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+127 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +27
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius

Exile
Sacred Targe
VexOhmIstDol
Defense: 977
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 23 of 23
Required Strength: 76
Fingerprint: 0x605cb513
15% Chance to cast level 5 Life Tap on striking
Level 14 Defiance Aura When Equipped
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes target +1
+243% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
All Resistances +39
Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds
Ethereal

Blood Clutches
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 38
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xacfbf472
Item Level: 89
2% Life stolen per hit
+13 to Strength
+14 to Dexterity
+18 to Life
+32 to Mana
Poison Resist +5%

Doom Touch
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x478cc51a
Adds 1 - 18 Lightning Damage
+11 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +20%
Fire Resist +9%

The Planning Stage

Typically when I put together a pat/mat, I'm trying for a unique spin on a piece of gear or game mechanic. This is not the case with Kailash. He's a very faithful tribute to Liquid Evil's Lycidas - a build I've wanted to try for some time now. Using his pat thread as a guide, I went with his gear/skills choices with a few exceptions:

• I decided against further boosting my defense with a high defense glove like Steelrend. Instead, I went with a lighter pair of blood gloves to avoid having to spend so many stat points in strength.
  • I went with a rare stat ring over nature's peace because I didn't have the lore going that LE had with Lycidas, so again, I went with lowering my stat requirements to pump life.
  • I ended up not spending any points in Smite...because I loved spending time as a bear so much. In practice, I can see why he spent those points in smite, because you really don't have a whole of built-in AR in this build. Grief's ITD let me easily hit normal monsters, but anything unique does need a decent amount of AR. The end-bosses are the hardest to hit - where Smite's auto-hit shines.
So, if Kailash isn't particularly unique, then why build him?

Well, I'm always searching for more effective ways to tank, so Kailash was an interesting experiment that emphasized 2 particular aspects of tanking that my previous tanks had neglected: seriously high defense and combining life tap with high physical damage per second.

I wanted a good comparison to my previous Pat, Champ who had a LOT more life, a lot less damage, less defense, and better resists/absorb/damage reduction. I intentionally did not max my resists on Kailash to see how much that mattered when it came to facing elemental damage. My end-game resists don't look that bad, but up until the Anya quest, I was walking around with 39 fire resist and 49 lightning resist in Hell.

As a final note, Kailash is named after a sacred mountain in Tibet. The mountain has never been scaled and that seemed fitting for a build that I've wanted to try for a while now.

Leveling and Observations

Up until lvl 64, I leveled Kailash as a standard fanatic ranger, going from Raven Claw to Riphook to Buriza. During this period, I suffered my character's lone death in the durance of hate in NM. I just ran blindly into a pack of dolls and urdars and got stunlocked to death. :confused: Oof. Yeah, I'm still shaking off the rust of not playing in a couple of years.

Once I was able to pack on all my end-game gear, I found that running around as a fanatic werebear was a heck of a lot of fun. I was crunching through everything pretty fast. I mean, what build wouldn't with the master key combination of Grief and Fort that unlocks pretty much any melee build? I did wish, for about the millionth time, that Blizzard let us put auras on the left click. Having to individually click on every monster can be a little trying. Defensively, being a werebear doubled my life and allowed for a lot of mistakes.

So, how did this tank differ from my previous tanks? He did pretty darn well! Against physical attackers he was pretty much invincible. When I got cursed, I didn't immediately go to the healer to remove it. I just wandered around to see if it made a difference. It honestly did not. Monsters just could not hit me. I periodically checked my to-get-hit-chance and it stayed in the single digits until I hit the throne room in Hell. Then a couple monsters hit double digits...at a whopping 11%. When a hit did manage to get through my defense, it had to get through my 75% chance to block. And if I happened to not block, then I just leached back whatever damage I took with my next attack. Exile's ctc Lifetap really is a game changer. Being able to leech from unleechables means you can feel safe against damn near anything...

...except for physical immunes. Even when I could lifetap them, I wasn't doing any physical damage, so I couldn't leach anything. I just had to run past areas with lots of PI's.

I faced a particularly nasty double boss pack in Frozen River. A unique snake pack with fanaticism and cursed, and a unique rogue archer pack with might. Holy smokes. Well, I waded into that mess and while my merc bit the dust almost instantly, I was able to blast through the two packs pretty quickly and without seeing my life bulb budge much.

Against elemental attackers, it was a different story. My toughest test was in Frozen River, my vote for the hairiest area in the game (especially for a melee attacker). All the rivers block movement but without providing any cover. You're constantly getting pelted with a hail of projectiles while desperately running towards the one bridge that will let you hit back. And gloams. There seems to be a really high chance to spawn gloams. Most of my NDE's happened here. Champ could sit in a pile of gloams and make a sandwich, but I had to beat a lot of hasty retreats with Kailash when I saw lightning bolts coming.

So, in conclusion, I do think I'm going to try and balance packing on resists/absorb with having a high enough DPS to take advantage of lifetap.

Misc
I got a Gul from my Hellforge, always a success when I get one of those puppies.
Also, this has to be the most convenient River of Flame map I've ever gotten. First left is the Hellforge, then a short, straight shot to the WP.

Originally posted by @Vang on May 22, 2007:

The Fire Paladin struts through Hell!

Ok, the title is a wee bit misleading, but catchy isn't it?

Morgir was a Holy Man, blessed with minor magical abilities, but yet he could not harness the power by himself. A Sorceress taught him the ways of fire at a young age, by enchanting his weapons to strike char-broiled death upon all that come against this young man. After learning the ways of the light and knowing the power that a Magic yielder could do to all enemies including the undead, he was given the name of two rare items that when worn, would give him the ability to cast a Fireball. With these two items equipped, the power of the light to smite the undead back to the ground from which they came, he set fourth his quest.

Morgir, as I so called him, was a character far in the makings, and when Aman traded me the Dragonscale I was bent on finally making him. He originally was going to use three pieces of Trang's to get firewall, but once I realised it was right click only, I decided against it. Hydra from Dragonscale suffered the same fate. Fireball was at level 28 and dealt 397-438, so roughly double that versus anything not fire immune. Not bad. Fist of Heavens and Holy Bolt helped any area of fire immunes or hard targets and of course the undead that spawns. Now..I will say this, the character was very fun for quite a while and Fist of the Heavens tore through much of the later areas due to undead and hordes of fire immunes.

Strategy: @75 entered hell and cleared Blood Ravens two little Dungeons on players8 until 80, at which point I realised the Dragonscale wasn't going to work. Then just Fireball/HolyBolt/FoH depending on situation.

Stats and Fireball shown here: Clicky

Skill points:
20 Holy Bolt(32)
20 Fist of Heavens(32)
4 Blessed Hammer
12 Holy Shock
16 Conviction(27)
1 Redemption
1 Meditation
1 Holy Shield
1 Pre-reqs.

Equipment:
Shako
Spirit Shield
Heart of The Oak
Ormus Robes(15fire/lightning)
BKWB
Mara's
Rare ring with mana/resist
Trang's Belt
Trang's Gloves
Silkweaves

Switch:
Spirit/CTA

Charms: 1x Paladin Combat, resist, life, mana.

Merc: Holy Freeze w/ Reaper's Troll, Blackthorn's Face, and Fortitude.

Next up...more loads of fun!

Originally posted by VoX Dei on Jul 16, 2010:

Patriarch Orion, Blessed Ranger

Patriarch Orion, Blessed Ranger

Concept

Simple recipe: 1/2 ranger, 2/6 hammerdin, 1/6 vindicator.

Stats

Enough strength to equip WF, rest dexterity for +damage/ar.

Bow

Code:
60% IAS + 14 Fanaticism => 9 fpa
32% FHR => 6 fph
30% FRW (+ max Vigor)
15% CB
~45% DS
10% OW
10% LL
8% ML

Blessed Hammer

Code:
80% FCR => 10 fpc
87% FHR => 4 fph
30% FRW (+ max Vigor)

Smite

Code:
50% IAS + 14 Fanaticism => 6 fpa Smite
87% FHR => 4 fph
30% FRW (+ max Vigor)
48% CB
35% Slow Target

Skills

The standard Hammerdin skill allocation:

Offensive Auras: 41

20 Blessed Aim (synergizes BH and +AR bowside)
20 Concentration (+BH and bow damage)
1 Might (pre-req)

Defensive Auras: 24

20 Vigor (synergizes BH + utility skill)
1 Prayer (pre-req)
1 Defiance (pre-req)
1 Cleansing (utility skill)
1 Redemption (utility skill)

Combat Skills: 28+

20 Blessed Hammer (secondary attack)
1 Holy Bolt (pre-req)
1 Smite (secondary attack)
1 Charge (pre-req)
5+ Holy Shield (Smite synergy and +defense)

Equipment

Windforce (35% ED, +15 max)
Astreon’s (+3 mpk)
‘Spirit’ Sacred Targe
Kira’s Guardian 70@ (15% @ res, +12 max)
‘Fortitude’ AP 27@
LoH
Arachnid Mesh
Gore Rider
Highlord’s Wrath
2 x Bul-Kathos 5%
Assorted dual mod charms (combat and offensive skillers, +max/ar/life, resists…)
Demonlimb in stash

Mercenary: Diane, the Fire Rogue

‘Faith’ Great Bow
‘Delirium’ Tiara
Greyform Dusk Shroud (21% LR, 15% ias)

9fpa / 11 fph

Journey

Orion was a bittersweet char. It was great fun sniping monsters behind a hammer field and bosses were a joke thanks to Smite. However, a few places gave me an almost irresistible urge to bang my head senseless against a brick wall. The PI sob worms in Maggot Lair were highly annoying, the Ancients were incredibly hard, and Nihlathak this time was simply skipped. Finds were craptastic, including the forges. Anyway, every char has his highs and lows, and Orion definitely has more/higher highs than lows. Overall, this was a swell char and an enjoyable journey. Highly recommended.

Thanks for reading,
VoX Dei

Originally posted by VoX Dei on Nov 6, 2010:

Patriach Apollo, the Holy Ranger

Patriarch Apollo, lvl 84 Holy Ranger

The Sun god Apollo, patron of archery among many other activities, becomes my 70-something Patriarch. Fittingly, Apollo is a dexterity based Holy Fire/Shock Ranger.

The initial plan was to use a Faith Cold Rogue + Neith's Faceted Kuko. This setup would have required 40% ias (LoH + Highlord's) for 9 fpa, the fastest attack speed a Paladin can get with a bow. However, after experiencing some issues keeping my Faith Rogue safe from harm, I had to rethink my options. Orion, the Blessed Ranger, would lay a field of Hammers and outrun enemies using Vigor. Neith, the Bow Enchantress, would Teleport to reposition at safe distance and cast Glacial Spike to slow her enemies. Apollo had none of these options. All he had was 50% frw (no Vigor since skill points were needed elsewhere), and a 83% piercing attack (which hardly qualifies as a mob disposer in most circumstances). Anyway, after giving it some thought, as Apollo advanced through the game, I've decided to rehire a Holy Freeze Town Guard, and change some gears which resulted in settling with a 10 frames attack. Incredible how much easier things get when you have a tanking mercenary! I ended up liking Apollo better than Orion or Neith.

Disliked: Andy requiring clvl 83 to be equipped. Painful...

Liked: Two powerful elemental attacks and no mana required, ever. Pretty cool.

Stats

83% Pierce
75% IAS => 10 fpa
50% FRW
27% FHR => 6 fph

Skills

Offensive Auras:

20 Holy Fire, Holy Shock
1 Might, Holy Freeze

Defensive Auras:

20 Resist Fire, Resist Lightning
13+ Salvation

Equipment

Upped Kuko Shakaku (Shael)
Andariel's Visage 10/30 (27 Fire res/15 ias)
'CoH' Wyrmhide
Upped Razortail
LoH
Natalya's Soul 25/24
Mara's 30%
Raven Frost 20/240
Bul-Kathos 5%
'CtA' War Scepter & 'Spirit' Sacred Targe on switch
Charms: focus on Off. Auras (8 x Captain's) and mending holes left by gear (resists, life, ar, fhr)
Demonlimb in stash

Mercenary: Leharas, Holy Freeze Town Guard

Guillaume's Face (Um)
eBugged 'Treachery' Great Hauberk
ethereal Reaper (Amn)

5 fpa Jab/ 9 fph

Thanks for reading,
VoX Dei

Originally posted by VoX Dei on Mar 25, 2010:

Patriarch Nephael, the Weirdin

Patriarch Nephael, FO/Hydra Weirdin

Intro

Enter ‘Rift’ and you have a Riftadin. Add Dragonscale and you have a Frozen Orb/Hydra Paladin, or a Weirdin as I call it.

Stats

LCS

5 fpa Zeal after Fanaticism from ‘Faith’ with 16% CtC lvl 21 Frozen Orb (394 average cold damage before Conviction), 25% Crushing Blow, and a nice amount of fire damage from items
11 fpc lvl 19 Hydra (177 average fire damage before Conviction)
2 fpb with 75% block after Holy Shield
5 fph

Attributes

Strength: for gear
Dexterity: for max block after Holy Shield
Vitality: rest

Skills *1

*1: slvl with hard points / used skills lvl on the relevant side with +skills including the Battle Command from ‘CtA’

Defensive Auras: 43
20 Defiance, Resist Lightning (both passive bonus)
1 / 9 Cleansing, Vigor
0 / 13 Redemption, Salvation (both staffmods on the ‘CtA’)
1 pre-requisite

Offensive Auras: 21
16 / 25 Conviction
5 pre-requisites

Combat Skills: 31
20 / 31 Holy Shield
6+ / 16 Zeal
5 pre-requisites

Equipment

Weapon: ‘Rift’ Caduceus
Code:
Rift Caduceus
'HelKoLemGul'
One-Hand Damage: 37 to 43
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x4c147e91
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
Adds 60-180 fire damage
Adds 160-250 magic damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Requirements -20%
+2 to Zeal (Paladin Only)
+1 to Conviction (Paladin Only)
38% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
16% Chance to cast Level 21 Frozen Orb on attack
20% Chance to cast Level 16 Tornado on striking
Level 15 Iron Maiden (40/40 Charges)
Shield: Dragonscale (fire facet)
Code:
Dragonscale
Zakarum Shield
Defense: 568
Chance to Block:  52%
Smite Damage: 46 to 46
Durability: 65 of 65
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd0a0966
+22 to Strength
+193% Enhanced Defense
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 228-416 fire damage
+10 to Hydra
10% Fire Absorb
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+20% to Fire Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Helm: Nightwing's Veil (cold facet)
Code:
Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 312
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 96
Fingerprint: 0x5067132c
+11 to Dexterity
+95% Enhanced Defense
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
Requirements -50%
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to All Skill Levels
+6 Cold Absorb
100% Chance to cast Level 43 Frost Nova When You Level Up
+19% to Cold Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Armor: Ormus' Robes (cold facet)
Code:
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 395
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x4dfd2adf
Regenerate Mana 13%
+17 Defense
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
+14% to Fire Skill Damage
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage
+20% to Cold Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Belt: Arachnid’s Mesh
Gloves: Magefist Battle Gauntlets
Boots: Goblin Toe Battle Boots
Amulet: Mara’s 30
Rings: 2 x BKWB 5%
Switch weapon: 'CtA' war scepter +2 Redemption and Salvation
Switch shield: 'Spirit' sacred targe
Pre-buff: Demonlimb
Inventory: full with Cube, keyset, and charms, which contributed most of the resists and FHR.

Note how I sacrificed CBF (among other things) to get as much +skills and +Fire Skill Damage to boost Hydra damage. Hydra damage sucked the same :rolleyes:

Gaile, Fire Rogue:
Weapon: ‘Faith’ Great Bow lvl 14 Fanaticism
Helm: Ondal’s Almighty (+8 min, ias jool)
Armor: ‘Fortitude’ AP 27 @ res

Journey

Normal and NM were played at p8, except the Ancients (always p1). He died once in NM Flayer Dungeon to FE explosion. Equipped ‘Rift’ in Act V NM.

Hell started as a run to the Pit at p1. Hit the Pit at p5 until 80, where Dragonscale and Arach both became available, then switched to p1 and resumed questing, only switching to p3 for act bosses. His second death was in CS to Infector of Souls. From the Pit to Patriarch this character was a blast to play!

Arcane Sanctuary

Diablo

Arreat Plateau

Glacial Trail

WSK 3

Throne of Destruction

2nd Wave

Baal

Notable Finds

Pul and Ko – Hellforges
15 mana, 7% mf SC
Flaming MC of Balance
Bow skiller
45 @ res Targe
Eth Blackhorn’s Face
Ravenfrost 20/215
Hellrack
Flamebellow
40% mf Chancies

Next

Undecided: 1 of 5 planned builds on my current to-do list.

My thanks go to:

BobTheWarrior, whose Riftadin, Pat thread got me the itch to try this build,
You, the reader.

Cheers,
VoX Dei

Originally posted by Zubans on Sep 19, 2014:

Patriarch Dakkon

Partiarch Dakkon, The Warrior Monk

Story:
Dakkon stared down at the mangled corpse before him. The battle was won, Baal was destroyed, and yet he derived little satisfaction from the deed. The last remaining member, he still carried the loss of the total destruction of his Order during the Zakarumite purges with an acid bitterness. His eyes hardened as they fell on Tyrael's glowing image. The plotting of the divine held no interest to his mortal ears. He was bound to his Order and bore the responsibility of its survival. His quest was over, yet his work was far from done. Striding towards the portal he could not help but think back to how this all started.

Since his oldest memories as a young boy, he had always been a member of the secret Order in Kurast. Highly skilled warrior monks, each and every one of them were trained endlessly in the deadliest martial arts in all of Sanctuary. Ancient skills of crafting and imbuing made the monks the curators of the largest collection of rare relics and magical equipment in the East. They were feared for their power, respected for their skill and revered for their wisdom. Trained in the rarest martial form of all, Dakkon was one of only two people able to wield the most brutal weapon with the speed and precision to be truly effective; the legendary mallet.

It was on his mission to Khanduras that news reached him of the purges enacted by the corrupted Zakarumites in Kurast and the destruction of the Order in the process. Gone was the vast collection of relics and magical items, swept away by the hands of evil. Gone were millennia of documenting and preserving ancient knowledge. Gone were his brothers and sisters.

Rushing back to Kurast, his caravan was ambushed by the forces of evil. Leading the survivors away, they found shelter among the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye. It was here, staring into the flames of the campfire, that his devastation turned into unyielding resolve. He would enact cruel justice upon those that destroyed his kin.

Although he made Patriarch a while ago, I have continued working on him, levelled him to lvl 92 recently and felt it was maybe worth writing this up.
I now only play with a rule-set called 'Rare Only', by which I mean that characters are allowed everything except runewords, unique items and set items. This makes for some interesting outcomes, for example 'Cannot be Frozen' is only possible via socketing a Cham, the max FCR achievable is 90, battle orders are barbarian only, and rare and crafted items become generally much more interesting.

I started this character without having any of the gear needed for late game and had to craft/find everything he used to get here. This was doubly rewarding for me because I love good rare/crafted/magical equipment in Diablo II and love seeing good gear work out well in the final character product. He is however, twinked, since it was very much a combined effort between various characters to get him his current setup.
I ended up settling on legendary mallets thanks to their high damage and the fact that fanaticism zealots are some of the few builds that can make it work very nicely. Furthermore, since no uniques or runewords are used, it leaves a lot of possible open sockets to fill with ias jewels. Mallets really do pack a punch and the minimum damage is especially glorious (particularly for a zealer). I will continue to improve on his equipment whenever I can, but for now the balance is great. The end result is a really fun character.

Stats and skills:
Name: Dakkon
Class: Paladin
Experience: 1944966384
Level: 92

LCS: 2299-3137 at 4fpa
iPDR: 41

Naked/Gear
Strength: 155/217
Dexterity: 160/162
Vitality: 225/225
Energy: 15/15
HP: 897/1203
Mana: 151/155
Stamina: 380/380
Defense: 40/1386
AR: 785/126201

Fire: 183/143/83
Cold: 208/168/108
Lightning: 175/135/75
Poison: 195/155/95

MF: 0 Block: 47 (Max with Holy Shield)
GF: 0
FR/W: 30
FHR: 24
IAS: 120
FCR: 0

Sacrifice: 20/22
Smite: 1/3
Holy Bolt: 1/3
Zeal: 20/22
Charge: 1/3
Vengeance: 0/0
Blessed Hammer: 1/3
Conversion: 0/0
Holy Shield: 20/22
Fist of the Heavens: 0/0

Might: 1/3
Holy Fire: 0/0
Thorns: 0/0
Blessed Aim: 1/3
Concentration: 1/3
Holy Freeze: 0/0
Holy Shock: 0/0
Sanctuary: 0/0
Fanaticism: 20/22
Conviction: 0/0

Prayer: 1/3
Resist Fire: 0/0
Defiance: 12/14
Resist Cold: 0/0
Cleansing: 1/3
Resist Lightning: 0/0
Vigor: 1/3
Meditation: 0/0
Redemption: 1/3
Salvation: 0/0

I never use mercenaries (except on a fishymancer).

Gear:
1588411637693.png

I used one of my favourite looks for the Paladin (Wire Fleece) and saw it suited the Armet look well and tied in nicely with a warrior-monk-look based more around chain/leather/war hammer rather than gleaming plate/sword.

iPDR makes a huge difference to his survivability thanks to a low-ish life. I tried to stack it as much as I could without sacrificing too many other aspects. PDR plus life-leech allows me to survive most things. I have had several deaths with him (all in hell) and they usually occur in some way thanks to being frozen/slowed by cold damage. In my experience, cold has been the single biggest threat to RO melee characters.

Thanks for reading!
Perhaps it might encourage a couple of other people to put their beautiful blues and yellows to good use on an RO character :)
EDIT: Please ask any and all questions!

Originally posted by @Grape on October 12, 2018

I Will Always Zod You - Zod God Sept 7/7: Matriarch Whitney the Wrathful Daggerzon

Bittersweet memories
That is all I'm taking with me
So, goodbye
Please, don't cry
We both know I'm not what you, you need

Intro
Whitney is the seventh and last character of my Zod God Sept!

Initially I thought I'd have at least one character whose Zod God item wasn't weapon. I upgraded probably couple dozen of eth armors, both for head and body. Those have surprisingly wide def range, even without any actual varying stats added. So, it was not meant to be.

I also saved Amazon for the last, just if any of the exceptional (or let alone elite) spears would drop eth and perfect. It was false hope, not so surprisingly.

After the last round of the RFL, where I finally found my first ever Zod, I felt I just had to proceed now to the last part of this Sept. Daggerzon has always be on my to-do-list, so the choice was not that hard in the end. What took a while however, was to decide what kind of Daggerzon I'd build? Add some elemental damage, like I have done with some other characters? Hybrid build? Bow, javelins?

Finally, I decided it was time to show that it's possible to build very decent melee character with sub-optimal weapon; I went all in for the physical damage! This means I put all the points I could to the dexterity with her, so she's actually a glass cannon of a kind. Sure, some strength was needed in order to equip some of the gear.

Build
I never went so far as to calculate how could I achieve maximum damage per second or so, but I wanted her to hit as fast as possible. I hired myself an Act I mercenary and gave her a 'Faith' for that. With that I hit a 7FPA normal attack and decent Strafe. Add good amount of Crushing Blow, and 86,4% chance to do double damage, she could actually hurt things pretty fast and badly! (60% DS, 66% CS, 100-(100-66)*(100-60)/100=86,4%)

Strafe with 'Wrath' was the little spice I added to this build, making it actually a hybrid build. I killed about 80% of the monsters with my Dagger switch, because it was the main theme after all. Still, firing Decrepify or Life Tap at will was an extremely handy tool, especially because my life was on the low side (remember, no hard points, no CtA).

Having Fanaticism around meant not only more straight damage and speed, but it also took my AR to very high levels. It was great to land hits almost all the time. I actually thought to swap couple AR/Life SCs away and maximize all my resists, but instead just pushed on because there were not really any problems, only poison was a slight annoyance from time to time.

I also planned to reset my stats and skills for the final push and check if I could squeeze in more dex with jiggling around with the items and the strength they added. Then I was meant to also check should I drop few more to the Pierce instead of Critical Strike etc. This is how I played through however, so I didn't make the re-spec for posing only :)

Adding all the available points to dexterity meant I was going to hit max block pretty easily. To take advantage of that, I opted to use Stormshield, because I believed its defensive stats would be needed with my glass cannon approach. I was right and I feel I achieved very good balance of offensive and defensive sides in my build. I needed to be aware around some tougher monsters, but I didn't feel too fragile, which was great cause I wanted to be able to melee most of the time.
Screenshot887.jpg
+5k def when Chilling Armor is active (about all the time).

Items & skills & stats:
Code:
Name:       Whitney
Class:      Amazon
Experience: 810456961
Level:      82

Naked/Gear
Strength:   111/185
Dexterity:  354/374
Vitality:   20/40
Energy:     15/23
HP:         272/703
Mana:       136/176
Stamina:    165/185
Defense:    **/2570
AR:         1740/2841

Fire:       184/144/84
Cold:       164/124/64
Lightning:  164/124/64
Poison:     129/89/29

MF:         0       Block:      157
FR/W:       55
FHR:        30
IAS:        40
FCR:        25

Magic Arrow: 1/2
Fire Arrow: 0/0
Cold Arrow: 1/2
Multiple Shot: 1/2
Exploding Arrow: 0/0
Ice Arrow: 0/0
Guided Arrow: 1/2
Strafe: 5/6
Immolation Arrow: 0/0
Freezing Arrow: 0/0

Inner Sight: 1/2
Critical Strike: 17/18
Dodge: 1/2
Slow Missiles: 1/2
Avoid: 1/2
Penetrate: 20/21
Decoy: 20/21
Evade: 1/2
Valkyrie: 20/21
Pierce: 1/2

Jab: 0/0
Power Strike: 0/0
Poison Javelin: 0/0
Impale: 0/0
Lightning Bolt: 0/0
Charged Strike: 0/0
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 0/0
Lightning Strike: 0/3
Lightning Fury: 0/3

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xff9d16ab
Item Level: 13

Shimmering Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x30fadcf6
+7% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +13

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x101204e5
Item Level: 95
+10 to Maximum Damage
+56 to Attack Rating
+25 to Life

Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xeecc0fb6
Item Level: 94
+9 to Maximum Damage
+76 to Attack Rating
+31 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd2c4ec94
Item Level: **
+8 to Maximum Damage
+60 to Attack Rating
+27 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3d969f98
+9 to Maximum Damage
+71 to Attack Rating
+22 to Life

Steel Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b155ba5
Item Level: 90
Version: Expansion
+31 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xab982155
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdf7f82d
+3% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +5

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc6e4b844
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa7ef3cda
Item Level: 52
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa741e8e3
+3% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +4

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4ce291d
+33 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdfd93873
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x193824c7
+35 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xffdc74ab
+8 to Maximum Damage
+63 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x50fd7109
+33 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x943d11e8
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
30% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1407
Fingerprint: 0x341a34c7
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+123 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x1b868b49
+248 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Doom Touch
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xc95e4a2d
+8 to Minimum Damage
+113 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
+38 to Life
All Resistances +11
Poison Resist +25%

Thundergod's Vigor
War Belt
Defense: 156
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 110
Fingerprint: 0x71df8d15
5% Chance to cast level 7 Fist of the Heavens when struck
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
+3 to Lightning Fury (Amazon Only)
+3 to Lightning Strike (Amazon Only)
+195% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+10% to Maximum Lightning Resist
+20 Lightning Absorb

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 160
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0xb9f8179c
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+197% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 83
Durability: 12 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x6856ee94
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x9543b2ee
Item Level: 71
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+24 to Strength
All Resistances +11
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel of Virility

Scintillating Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5513b784
+9 to Strength
Cold Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +11%
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9ce2fb4
+10 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+32 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7c7e989f
+10 to Maximum Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Wrath
Great Bow
PulLumBerMal
Two Hand Damage: 12 - 52
Durability: 29 of 36
Required Strength: 121
Required Dexterity: 107
Fingerprint: 0xaeaaa3d5
30% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
+375% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+276% Damage to Undead
Adds 85 - 120 Magic Damage
Adds 41 - 240 Lightning Damage
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
Cannot Be Frozen
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Arrows
Fingerprint: 0x18cd157e
Item Level: 12

Stormspike
Legend Spike
One Hand Damage: 115 - 175
Durability: 37 of 47
Required Strength: 55
Required Dexterity: 57
Fingerprint: 0xd1abb7af
25% Chance to cast level 3 Charged Bolt when struck
Indestructible
150% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 120 Lightning Damage
Lightning Resist (Based on Character Level)82%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20
Required Level +7
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Zod Rune

Zod Rune
Required Level: 69
Weapons: Indestructible
Armor: Indestructible
Shields: Indestructible

Stormshield
Monarch
Defense: 454
Chance to Block: 47
Durability: 78 of 86
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 133
Fingerprint: 0xd7990c12
Indestructible
+35% Faster Block Rate
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+7 to Minimum Damage
+307 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+30 to Strength
+8 to Energy
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
Requirements -15%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rune Heart

Rune Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xc773eb8c
+7 to Minimum Damage
+8 to Energy
Fire Resist +30%
Requirements -15%

Mercenary:

Name:       Aliza
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Fire - Nightmare
Experience: 59745684
Level:      81
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   130/130
Dexterity:  196/204
HP:         1286/1378
Defense:    1073/4502
AR:         2117/637819

Fire:       176/136/76
Cold:       176/136/76
Lightning:  176/136/76
Poison:    176/136/76

Fortitude
Scarab Husk
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3177
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0xbd9cf828
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+92 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

El Rune
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune

Lo Rune

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xd97985c1
Item Level: 59
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
+8 to Dexterity
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 16%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Flawless Emerald

Flawless Emerald
Required Level: 15
Weapons: Adds 60 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (152 Frames)
Armor: +8 to Dexterity
Shields: Poison Resist +28%

Faith
Superior Shadow Bow
OhmJahLemEld
Two Hand Damage: 65 - 256
Durability: 14 of 28
Required Strength: 52
Required Dexterity: 188
Fingerprint: 0x41fce692
Level 14 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
+1 to All Skills
335% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
300% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Attack Rating
+75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 120 - 120 Fire Damage
All Resistances +15
10% Reanimate as: Returned
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ohm Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune
Socketed: Eld Rune

Ohm Rune
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Jah Rune
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Lem Rune
Required Level: 43
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Eld Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Undead
Armor: 15% Slower Stamina Drain
Shields: 7% Increased Chance of Blocking

Journey
She was played as a Strafer through Norm and NM. Most notably she used 'Harmony' in Matriarchal Bow all through the Nightmare. Couple WSK and Pindle runs were enough to get her to level 76 and start her Hell journey with all the end game gear.

I played through with /players1. Managed to get her killed three times I think, that's what you get when you rush with a glass cannon to the situations you probably shouldn't. As I mentioned earlier, she wasn't too fragile (as in always in trouble), and that allowed her to really go toe-to-toe against enemies and she felt really well balanced in that regards. Her tool box with Wrath, Decoy (+really beefy Valkyrie!), and Slow Missile could've took her through with higher settings, pretty easily even, but I liked to play fast and reckless with her. That box of tools was still used all the time, and it brought nice variety. One could think Daggerzon was a pretty boring click and hold type of character, but that was pretty far from the truth with mine.

Little demonstration:
I thought I was next to the Hellforge and Hephasto, heh.

Few screenshots:
Screenshot868.jpg
These guys could hurt, ugh. Took few of them out with Strafe before going in the middle of them. My Dodge, Avoid and Evade were left at one hard point each (+1 from Highlords), and they actually work just the right amount with that. Can be useful but almost never annoying.
Screenshot870.jpg
Wrath's Decrepify is only level 1, so it needs really constant re-cast. Firing Strafe against PIs is not that bad, since it also has some magic and lightning damage.
Screenshot872.jpg
The classic spot where you'd be when being rushed in Bnet :p
Screenshot873.jpg
I allowed myself the luxury of having Thundergod's Vigor as a belt. I still managed to get killed down there... Sirens (amp'd all the time) + Rotten Walkers Charging you are a really strong combination. The damage can get surprisingly high. I noticed it around normal Rotten Walkers already that I was basically playing Russian Roulette all the time. Lost hard when amp'd, it could've been a Champion, maybe normal one, not sure. 1 hit K.O. Got my body back, to prove that little bit of patience this girl can walk naked down there...
Screenshot876.jpg
These can get annoying with their Stun, once there was only couple left with the Frozenstein, they got stabbed to death.
Screenshot878.jpg
First roll was a success. Must've been one of the easiest Hell Ancients ever. Cast Decoy, ran around here, two following me. No dangerous attributes, full melee it is! (after getting the LT up, heh, just in case)

After these were down, the Whirler guy, Talic, was still whirling through the Decoy! Well he certainly can't be too dangerous! That was right, and he fell quickly as well.

WSK and the waves and Baal were uneventful. Little Strafe, little stabbing was the tactic against every wave. Lister was handled with most care, as usual.

Aftermath

I'll leave the wrapping up the Sept to the Sept thread itself.

This was surprisingly fun character! Definitely one of the funniest. The above mentioned tool-box was great fun and everything felt to be in balance; it was not a total pushover against everything, but I also certainly wasn't feeling underpowered!

Questions, comments etc. are welcome :)

Originally posted by @Grape on August 11, 2017

Tribute to the Zod God Part 5/7, Tribute to Youth: Matriarch Janis - Titan Tiger Strike Assassin

There's a way, oh everybody say
You can do anything, you can do everything, yeah

Introduction
This is my fifth character completed in my Zod God Sept.

It has been a while since the last one, but I got carried away with other projects a little bit. Also the runes just didn't happen quite as fast as they did earlier. For a good while I ran Travi (I wanted to be able to continue straight to the next char in the sept) and then some Chaos, with not much to show for.

Janis' choice of Zod God item was Hellslayer. Looking at it's properties, it inspired me to do a Tiger Striker. I read little bit about the subject, and there was one former Matriarch that stood out for me: maxicek's Ultima. I decided to follow those footsteps and try to reach as much damage as I could. Looking at my item choices, I could have added more deadly strike etc. but I ended up aiming for the prettiest LCS numbers I could (well, there was little that I didn't sacrifice for numbers, but almost!).

Thanks @maxicek for inspiration!

Build
Screenshot120.jpg
Tiger Strike leaves quite lots of possibilities for variations. I refused to use Death Sentry this time, to make it little bit more challenging, and leaving that option if I wanted to revisit this build in the future.

Instead I maxed my Shadow Master, hoping she would deal some elementary damages to the PIs and be a meat shield in general. I also needed to max my Burst of Speed to achieve 10FPA TS and normal attack (finishing move). One point to Mind Blast, few to Cloack of Shadow to take care of my crowd control needs.

Then there was one of the most valuable one pointers I've had: Blade Fury. I used Blady Fury on switch, with 'Lawbringer' runeword. That was really handy to have against PIs/(PI)undeads and tough monsters in general. As I had that on switch I didn't bother with CtA.

I needed Demon Limb's Enchant charges however, to help with my poor AR. Other parts of the equipment were dedicated to get as much as damage as I could, and to keep my resistances at least positive. I had some swapping options for that also.

Rest of the points were put to Venom, but I didn't use it that much. Dragon Flight was also used a lot, it's great for getting your merc and Shadow to you and re-positioning yourself during the fights.

Stats and skills:
Code:
Strength:   440/514
Dexterity:  20/40
Vitality:   20/61
Energy:     25/25
HP:         272/864
Mana:       146/186
Stamina:    196/196
Defense:    5/1827
AR:         100000064/100001459

Fire:       125/85/25
Cold:       133/93/33
Lightning:  145/105/45
Poison:     125/85/25

MF:         0       Block:      3
FR/W:       20
FHR:        0
IAS:        40
FCR:        25

Fire Blast: 1/2
Shock Web: 0/0
Blade Sentinel: 1/2
Charged Bolt Sentry: 0/0
Wake of Fire: 1/2
Blade Fury: 1/2
Lightning Sentry: 0/0
Wake of Inferno: 0/0
Death Sentry: 0/0
Blade Shield: 1/2

Claw Mastery: 1/2
Psychic Hammer: 1/2
Burst of Speed: 20/21
Weapon Block: 1/2
Cloak of Shadows: 4/5
Fade: 1/2
Shadow Warrior: 1/2
Mind Blast: 1/2
Venom: 13/14
Shadow Master: 20/21

Tiger Strike: 20/35
Dragon Talon: 1/16
Fists of Fire: 0/0
Dragon Claw: 1/16
Cobra Strike: 0/0
Claws of Thunder: 0/0
Dragon Tail: 1/16
Blades of Ice: 0/0
Dragon Flight: 1/16
Phoenix Strike: 0/0

That's with the "main setup".

Main setup:
Code:
3MA/27 Str Coronet with 2 x rare jewels
Highlord's
Hellslayer 'Zod'
'Fortitude' Dusk Shroud
Hsaru's belt + boots
Rare ring
Raven Frost
3MA/20IAS gloves

switch: Eth Legendary Mallet 'Lawbringer' + Monarch 'Spirit'

Inventory with Cube, 8 skillers, Fine SCs of Vita plus few life/res ones

Might merc with:
Gaze 'Rusty Jewel of Fervor'
'Fortitude'
'Pride'

Merc actually had Duriel's Shell until Hell Ancients. From Ancients till end he had Reaper's Toll instead of Pride.

Stashed:
Code:
Rare circlet, boots and gloves to swap for more resistances
Demon Limb (AR via Enchant charges)
Gore Rider, just to speed up the Hell Baal fight a little bit...

Item read-outs:
Code:
Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x32ea21b9
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+11 to Life

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x98814b5e
+33 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb321927d
+31 to Life

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x82544757
+15 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x2890bbf3
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd3d9701f
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1ccc8e66
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5108330e
+25 to Life

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xf6bfa635

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xae23e68c
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xdf4422f5
+15 to Life
All Resistances +5

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x24d41788
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x528be504
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6170c05c
+19 to Life
All Resistances +5

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x23c0ab3b
+3 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xce9480ce
+6 to Strength

Cruel Winding
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 72
Durability: 13 of 14
Fingerprint: 0xbb46bc03
+96% Enhanced Defense
+30 to Strength
+52 to Life
Cold Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +26%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x92c99569
+17 to Life
All Resistances +4

Storm Visor
Coronet
Defense: 38
Durability: 28 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x262bec89
Item Level: 96
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
38% Enhanced Damage
82% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
6% Mana stolen per hit
+9 to Strength
+6 to Dexterity
+31 to Life
All Resistances +19
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Virility

Ruby Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x175fe087
38% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Strength

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa8e1cb65
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x31f17193
+22 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1f885c2d
+33 to Life

Kenshi's Coronet of Atlas
Coronet
Defense: 37
Durability: 28 of 30
Fingerprint: 0xd0088852
Item Level: 96
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
55% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+27 to Strength
Cold Resist +13%
All Resistances +11
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Bitter Talisman
Socketed: Death Gyre

Bitter Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x73efb93c
25% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Strength
Cold Resist +18%
Lightning Resist +5%
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%

Death Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xc6150e8b
30% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Cold Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +6%
Fire Resist +6%
Poison Resist +6%

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x9d295d68
+1 to All Skills
30% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+123 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

Doom Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc95e4a2d
+8 to Minimum Damage
+113 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
+38 to Life
All Resistances +11
Poison Resist +25%

Raven Frost
Ring
+248 to Attack Rating
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Hsarus' Iron Stay
Belt
Defense: 210
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x73b4ec54
+20 to Life
Cold Resist +20%
Set (2 items): +205 Defense (Based on Character Level)

(2 items): Attacker Takes Damage of 5

Kenshi's Gauntlets of Alacrity
Gauntlets
Defense: 12
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0xfd8bb4c5
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Cruel Greaves
Boneweave Boots
Defense: 61
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x15da6ef0
+10% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 1 - 23 Lightning Damage
Cold Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +28%
Fire Resist +37%
70% Extra Gold from Monsters

Pride
Thresher
ChamSurIoLo
Two Hand Damage: 18 - 211
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x99c90cd0
25% Chance to cast level 17 Fire Wall when struck
Level 18 Concentration Aura When Equipped
266% Bonus to Attack Rating
+82% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 50 - 280 Lightning Damage
20% Deadly Strike
Hit Blinds Target +1
Freezes target +3
+10 to Vitality
Replenish Life +8
153% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Cham Rune
Socketed: Sur Rune
Socketed: Io Rune

Demon Limb
Tyrant Club
One Hand Damage: 93 - 169
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Strength: 133
Fingerprint: 0xbd753c90
193% Enhanced Damage
+123% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 222 - 333 Fire Damage
13% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist +17%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Level 23 Enchant (13/20 Charges)

Lawbringer
Legendary Mallet
AmnLemKo
One Hand Damage: 75 - 91
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 179
Fingerprint: 0xbc4c2735
20% Chance to cast level 15 Decrepify on striking
Level 16 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
-50% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 150 - 210 Fire Damage
Adds 130 - 180 Cold Damage Over 7 Secs (165 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+223 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Dexterity
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 143
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xb2d7933
+2 to All Skills
+29% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+98 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+5 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Hsarus' Iron Heel
Chain Boots
Defense: 8
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0xff659c11
+20% Faster Run/Walk
Fire Resist +25%
Set (2 items): +820 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

(2 items): Attacker Takes Damage of 5

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 160
Durability: 22 of 34
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0x82443851
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+198% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd719bb3b
+19 to Life
All Resistances +4

Hellslayer
Decapitator
Two Hand Damage: 146 - 914
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Dexterity: 23
Fingerprint: 0xa8506962
10% Chance to cast level 20 Fire Ball on attack
Indestructible
100% Enhanced Damage
+246% Enhanced Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Adds 150 - 250 Fire Damage
+41 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
+41 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
+25 to Life
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)

Zod Rune

Mercenary:

Name:       Chalan
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 67003748

Naked/Gear
Strength:   181/181
Dexterity:  145/145
HP:         1647/1739
Defense:    1217/4646
AR:         1874/1874

Fire:       172/132/72
Cold:       172/132/72
Lightning:  172/132/72
Poison:    172/132/72

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Fingerprint: 0x18f7f1ea
Item Level: 54
Version: Expansion
+15% Increased Attack Speed
14% Enhanced Damage
8% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 25%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rusty Jewel of Fervor

Rusty Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x960ac853
14% Enhanced Damage

Fortitude
Scarab Husk
ElSolDolLo
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+92 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 59 - 698
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0xec2db13a
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
231% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (22 Frames)
11% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Game play
To follow (or read again) Janis' journey from the beginning you can start from this post and forward. There's other things in between, but many posts about the Janis.

To put it short: I followed the plan from the beginning. TS can achieve quite over kill damages straight from the start.

Hell was played /players 3 for the first three acts and /players 1 for the last two. Damage wasn't problem, that's for sure, but she was so fragile that higher settings would've been too slow and careful going for my taste. Mercenary with 'Pride' stick and no BO isn't the sturdiest either.

CoS (/MB, sometimes) are really great as is known, and so was 'Lawbringer' and it's ctc Decrepify. I used it enough that I could've added Blade Fury to the title, to be honest :p

Shadow was useful enough, sometimes surprisingly sturdy and useful, and then at times she spammed MB where I wouldn't have wanted etc. But points well spent, I guess.

I recorded some of my game play when I was in Hell Arcane sanctuary:
<I'LL EDIT SOME SCREEN SHOTS FROM ACT V HERE LATER>

Summary
I liked her during the early (Hell) acts, but later, especially during the last act I felt a bit too fragile and hid more behind my shadow and merc than I'd have liked. I can ofc blame myself, that's to expected when you build Titan and go all in for damage and all.

I think Tiger Strike offers a nice build skeleton, where there's nicely room for customization! Get creative ;)

Now it's only two to go! With Freddie the Double Swinger next, almost ready to go (rune-wise) and in NM Act V already. I'll continue with runefarming, but 1.07 and 1.00 have taken most of my D2 time lately.

Thanks for reading! I'm willing to hear and answer if you have any comments, questions etc!

Originally posted by @Grape on May 1, 2018

Show Must Go On - Zod God Sept 6/7: Patriarch Freddie the Cold Enchanted Double Swinger

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality

Introduction
Freddie is the sixth character of my Zod God Sept. He has been long time in the making. Partially because I was trying to find a suiting item to the last character (Amazon), so that I could continue straight away after finishing Freddie, and partially because he was not the most interesting character ever and I have lots of other "projects" etc. going on... I haven't found anything new to the Amazon yet, but I'll post more about that in the Sept thread.

Idea was to load up enough cold damage that I could kill all PI enemies I'd encounter. Almost all item slots had some cold damage. 'Famine' was made for Freddie to get some little extra elemental dmg and decent physical damage, and it contributed also to my runeword Grail (being the second last rw to be made for it).

Build
Pretty much as described above. I also hired myself an Act I rogue, and gave her a 'Silence' Crusader Bow to add some more blinding besides what Freddie was doing himself with his eth upped perfect 'Zod' Earthshaker. Trying to add a little "crowd control" theme here along with all his cold dmg doing some chilling and knockback from Earthshaker. Having the Rogue cast some Inner Sight now and then also helped, since Freddie's AR wasn't the best. I am glad that 'Famine' has Jah rune so that helps some, and I was shouting Battle Cry quite often.
Screenshot621.jpg

Skills and stats:
Code:
Name:       Freddie
Class:      Barbarian
Experience: 814951501

Naked/Gear
Strength:   124/208
Dexterity:  20/97
Vitality:   351/351
Energy:     10/10
HP:         1581/1728
Mana:       91/204
Stamina:    499/499
Defense:    5/661
AR:         85/24192

Fire:       128/**/28
Cold:       104/64/4
Lightning:  129/89/29
Poison:     71/31/-29

MF:         6       Block:      12
GF:         64
FR/W:       33
FHR:        30
IAS:        60
FCR:        0

Bash: 20/25
Leap: 0/0
Double Swing: 11/16
Stun: 0/0
Double Throw: 0/0
Leap Attack: 0/0
Concentrate: 0/0
Frenzy: 0/0
Whirlwind: 0/0
Berserk: 0/0

Sword Mastery: 0/0
Axe Mastery: 0/0
Mace Mastery: 20/23
Pole Arm Mastery: 0/0
Throwing Mastery: 0/0
Spear Mastery: 0/0
Increased Stamina: 1/4
Iron Skin: 1/4
Increased Speed: 1/4
Natural Resistance: 20/23

Howl: 1/4
Find Potion: 0/0
Taunt: 1/4
Shout: 1/4
Find Item: 0/0
Battle Cry: 1/4
Battle Orders: 14/17
Grim Ward: 0/0
War Cry: 0/0
Battle Command: 1/4

Probably the first Barbarian I've had 20 hard points in Natural Resist. Freddie's had a bit less resistance at the beginning of Hell, so I pumped that to the max... and then at some point I equipped my resist boots instead of whatever I did wear then, along some other equipment changes. Could have switched few points from NR to BO for example then, but I didn't bother with re-specs.

Items:
Code:
Fine Small Charm of the Icicle
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xda24c520
+2 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
Adds 2 - 3 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Fine Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x5ab3cb0f
+1 to Maximum Damage
+16 to Attack Rating
Adds 4 - 9 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd3fa2abf
Adds 5 - 12 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+2 to Dexterity

Fine Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6df802b3
Item Level: 62
+1 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating

Boreal Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x52dafc4d
Adds 7 - 9 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+19 to Life

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1e74c008
Adds 7 - 12 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Storms
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8baaef1
Adds 1 - 22 Lightning Damage

Shivering Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd527b8a2
Item Level: 63
Adds 8 - 16 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Shivering Small Charm of Storms
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x881bc668
Adds 1 - 28 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 8 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe0535f35
Adds 6 - 12 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
8% Extra Gold from Monsters

Shivering Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa3b4c50f
Adds 9 - 14 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Fine Small Charm of the Icicle
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb23d284f
+3 to Maximum Damage
+16 to Attack Rating
Adds 2 - 3 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Anthrax
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x59a86915
Adds 6 - 11 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbffba20d
Adds 5 - 14 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x85341827
Adds 6 - 14 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5f1ebd9c
+1 to Dexterity

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xac024060
Adds 6 - 11 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x48fee359
+212 to Attack Rating
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x5868e100
+242 to Attack Rating
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

M'avina's Icy Clutch
Battle Gauntlets
Defense: 92
Durability: 15 of 18
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0xacbee2e8
Adds 6 - 18 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
+47 Defense
+10 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
Half Freeze Duration
56% Extra Gold from Monsters
Set (4 items): Adds 131 - 252 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Set (5 items): +20% to Cold Skill Damage

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa24366e9

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x7f67b2bd

Bramble Spur
Chain Boots
Defense: 8
Durability: 7 of 16
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x83e96e3a
+30% Faster Run/Walk
Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +40%
Fire Resist +31%

Viper Fringe
Mesh Belt
Defense: 51
Durability: 11 of 16
Fingerprint: 0xd75b39c4
+26% Enhanced Defense
+30 to Strength
+33 to Life
Lightning Resist +18%
Fire Resist +26%

Fine Small Charm of the Glacier
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb68bb3b4
+3 to Maximum Damage
+10 to Attack Rating
Adds 3 - 6 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x55c76c2e
Item Level: 84

Boreal Small Charm of Anthrax
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8d712df
Adds 5 - 14 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)

Rune Emblem
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x1fc5dfa0
Item Level: 92
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
Adds 1 - 3 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+14 to Strength
+33 to Mana
All Resistances +11
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4972120e
Item Level: 84
+3 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
Adds 3 - 5 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcbeb9c52
Adds 5 - 10 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sapphire Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9357e452
Cold Resist +11%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x66e188d0
+1 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
Adds 3 - 5 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x423799ed
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 7 - 13 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4fb26cd0
Adds 5 - 13 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x930bd6f1
Adds 5 - 11 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
+8 to Life

Snowy Small Charm of Winter
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x49af9a2e
Adds 6 - 12 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x23691893

Hibernal Large Charm
Large Charm
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x30eb4df
Adds 13 - 25 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9f66f765
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
Adds 3 - 6 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4a205fc0
+6 to Life

Boreal Small Charm of Blight
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x865b78a9
Adds 7 - 11 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)

Jeweler's Gothic Plate of the Whale
Gothic Plate
Defense: 128
Durability: 38 of 55
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x97dd2af5
138% Enhanced Damage
Adds 14 - 41 Cold Damage Over 8 Secs (200 Frames)
+81 to Life
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of the Glacier
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Frigidity

Ruby Jewel of the Glacier
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1be6f794
34% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 11 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Ruby Jewel of Frigidity
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x2da54ae5
35% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 4 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5cae864b
36% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4 - 14 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6b0643b8
33% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4 - 12 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Boreal Small Charm of Flame
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5421dfa0
Item Level: 83
Adds 1 - 2 Fire Damage
Adds 6 - 12 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 358
Durability: 52 of 55
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x576a6f99
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+99 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
+196% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +30
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Argent Jewel of the Glacier

Argent Jewel of the Glacier
Jewel
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x9b845393
+99 to Attack Rating

Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 411
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x5a55a638
36% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 44 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 73 Lightning Damage
Adds 5 - 15 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
Knockback
+266 Defense
+35 to Strength
21% Extra Gold from Monsters
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Blood Heart
Socketed: Doom Gyre

Blood Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6622bc21
29% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 44 Fire Damage
Adds 2 - 9 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Doom Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb1eea894
7% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 73 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
21% Extra Gold from Monsters

Call to Arms
Superior Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 55
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x56a54209
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
268% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+6 to Battle Command
+3 to Battle Orders
+1 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune

Ist Rune
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x735cfe09
Item Level: 28
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +36
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune

Ko Rune
Weapons: +10 to Dexterity
Armor: +10 to Dexterity
Shields: +10 to Dexterity

Vex Rune
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Earthshaker
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 210 - 254
Durability: 32 of 115
Fingerprint: 0x26e1332e
5% Chance to cast level 7 Fissure on striking
Indestructible
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+30% Increased Attack Speed
180% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Hit Blinds Target +1
Knockback
Required Level +7
+50 Maximum Durability
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)

Zod Rune

Famine
Legendary Mallet
FalOhmOrtJah
One Hand Damage: 214 - 261
Durability: 42 of 65
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x6b56bdb3
+30% Increased Attack Speed
329% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 180 - 200 Magic Damage
Adds 50 - 200 Fire Damage
Adds 51 - 250 Lightning Damage
Adds 50 - 200 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
12% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Strength
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Fal Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune

Fal Rune
Weapons: +10 to Strength
Armor: +10 to Strength
Shields: +10 to Strength

Ohm Rune

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Jah Rune
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Mercenary:

Name:       Isolde
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Fire - Normal
Experience: 55765034
Level:      81

Naked/Gear
Strength:   133/133
Dexterity:  201/201
HP:         1320/1432
Defense:    1102/3003
AR:         2183/2183

Fire:       238/198/138
Cold:       238/198/138
Lightning:  253/213/153
Poison:    238/198/138

Blackhorn's Face
Demonhead
Defense: 488
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0xe3f0889e
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target by 20%
+207% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +15%
+20 Lightning Absorb
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 25
Required Level +7
Ethereal

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1413
Durability: 12 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xa6995277
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+112 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +25
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

El Rune
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune

Lo Rune

Silence
Superior Crusader Bow
DolEldHelIstTirVex
Two Hand Damage: 45 - 192
Durability: 31 of 44
Required Strength: 78
Required Dexterity: 97
Fingerprint: 0x8f7db0f5
+2 to All Skills
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
206% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Undead
11% Mana stolen per hit
Hit Blinds Target +33
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
All Resistances +75
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Requirements -20%
6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Eld Rune
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune

Dol Rune

Eld Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Undead
Armor: 15% Slower Stamina Drain
Shields: 7% Increased Chance of Blocking

Hel Rune
Weapons: Requirements -20%
Armor: Requirements -15%
Shields: Requirements -15%

Ist Rune

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Vex Rune
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

One level short to use the three Hibernal small charms I've found from Nihlathak so far! Maybe next time, when I have full inventory of those :p

Giant Skull was used against Baal and for some other short periods (for fun).

Game play
The first appearance in the Sept thread, over one year to go, about a time to get this done? Following couple pages have few posts about Freddie's early adventures - he was played according to the build pretty much from the beginning, including the "cold enchanted" part. NM was a fun ride iirc, with dual upgraded Sureshill Frosts and the some Baranar's Stars for little leveling.

Hell was quite easy for the most part, as I kept the players settings low (mostly P1, some P3). My damage wasn't that high, and I wasn't interested in the long fights higher settings could have offered. Barb did take some beating though, and that kept me at my toes; low defense, no block, no DR makes for a vulnerable character. An OK life pool made up for that for the most part.

Hell Ancients fight:

Some action shots:
Screenshot608.jpg
Almost every Act V area had some CI monsters, luckily I didn't encounter any PI/CI ones. These didn't damage me that much, dual Rave Frosts probably helped some.
Screenshot610.jpg
Frozen River can spawn some of the scariest monster combos in the game. Now it was quite tame, but still had to take care when Amp'd by these and suddenly surrounded by some fast lancers...
Screenshot613.jpg
Huh, no Stone Skin! Easy! The Book of Old Tricks says: use the bridges to your advantage.
Screenshot617.jpg
This guy could take some smashing before going down. WSK levels were easy, apart from lvl 3 which had those PI Hell Temptresses and huge masses of OKs/Demon Knights but I found my way to the Throne of Destruction fast enough. Throne was easy, and there I did a full clear. Witches/Snakes/OKs and Demon Knights was the spawn.
Screenshot619.jpg
Without chucking some antidote potions these would've been more dangerous, as poison resistance is my weakest by far. Several town visits during the waves, and I managed to keep my merc alive for the whole act! She may have died earlier I think, probably Travincal and Chaos Sanctuary at least. Giant Skull sped the Baal fight a little, but it still took some time. No problems however.

Aftermath
Should you want to make a Barbarian utilizing elemental damage, Frenzy is faster than Double Swing, and you'll get higher physical damage as well. 3 FPA Wolfbarb remains the uncrowded king of elemental Barbs though ^__^

So with Barbarian done, only one remains in the Sept. Next one will be Amazon, looking forward to that!

Thanks for reading, questions, comments etc. are welcome! :)

Originally posted by @Grape on November 24, 2017

Tribute to the Zod God Part 3/7, Tribute to Freedom: Patriarch Jimi - Windwolf

A broom is drearily sweeping up the broken pieces of yesterdays life
Somewhere a queen is weeping
Somewhere a king has no wife
And the wind, it cries Mary

Introduction
Instead of lame references in the screenshots I may just say that if Jimi weren't a werewolf walking on the Sanctuary, he would play guitar.

Parts 1 & 2 of this sept, in case you missed those or want to refresh your memory!

Jimi slashes with a Windhammer. The first thought was to go Titan Fury, all in. After playing with David, who was a Titan, I changed my mind. Need some variety, and there's plenty of cool Titan builds I can try later. So instead, I added some Hurricane to the mix along with giving Windhammers Ctc Twisters some synergy power and giving myself a strong Cyclone Armor.

Build
I show the build in this video:

LCS:
Screenshot1458.jpg
Hurricane is ~1k/second. I have some extra strength, cause I was not sure If I'd keep going with the IK combo, but I saw it fit well what I needed. I hit the fastest possible, 5/5/5/5/9 (4.31 attacks/sec) Fury for Ogre Maul with this. IAS from HL or IK gloves weren't needed for that.

GoMule dump, if someone wants to dig a little deeper:
Name: Jimi
Class: Druid
Experience: 1151173957
Level: 86

Naked/Gear
Strength: 174/256
Dexterity: 20/60
Vitality: 306/328
Energy: 20/40
HP: 804/1322
Mana: 190/327
Stamina: 450/450
Defense: 5/2416
AR: 70/18606

Fire: 118/78/18
Cold: 125/85/25
Lightning: 219/179/119
Poison: 180/140/80

MF: 55 Block: 10
GF: 0
FR/W: 46
FHR: 110
IAS: 85
FCR: 60

Raven: 0/0
Poison Creeper: 0/0
Oak Sage: 0/0
Summon Spirit Wolf: 0/0
Carrion Vine: 0/0
Heart of Wolverine: 0/0
Summon Dire Wolf: 0/0
Solar Creeper: 0/0
Spirit of Barbs: 0/0
Summon Grizzly: 0/0

Werewolf: 8/21
Lycanthropy: 5/18
Werebear: 0/0
Feral Rage: 1/14
Maul: 0/0
Rabies: 1/14
Fire Claws: 0/0
Hunger: 0/0
Shock Wave: 0/0
Fury: 20/33

Firestorm: 0/0
Molten Boulder: 0/0
Arctic Blast: 1/10
Fissure: 0/0
Cyclone Armor: 20/29
Twister: 1/10
Volcano: 0/0
Tornado: 20/29
Armageddon: 0/0
Hurricane: 20/29

Spiritual Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x84d37adb
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+6 to Strength

Spiritual Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9b263de6
+14 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x494df303
+17 to Life

Spiritual Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa4c93e0f
+4 to Strength

Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5a50c9fa
Item Level: 95
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+39 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1fe3796c
+39 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa8e1cb65
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa175da31
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xae23e68c
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5af31d94
+26 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6a9fc965
+35 to Attack Rating
+18 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x193824c7
+35 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x528be504
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xab982155
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Jalal's Mane
Totemic Mask
Defense: 293
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x9a59a1f9
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+196% Enhanced Defense
+27 to Strength
+20 to Energy
All Resistances +30
Lightning Resist +28%
+5 to Mana after each Kill
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ambergris Jewel of Virility

Ambergris Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xc3d444b2
+7 to Strength
Lightning Resist +28%

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x9f760c81
+1 to All Skills
32% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+129 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

El Rune
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune

Lo Rune

Carrion Wind
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xfa6382e5
10% Chance to cast level 10 Poison Nova when struck
8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking
9% Life stolen per hit
+151 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Level 21 Poison Creeper (15/15 Charges)

Immortal King's Detail
War Belt
Defense: 194
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x20b244f3
+36 Defense
+25 to Strength
Lightning Resist +31%
Fire Resist +28%
Set (2 items): +105 Defense
Set (3 items): +25% Faster Hit Recovery
Set (4 items): +100% Enhanced Defense
Set (5 items): Damage Reduced by 20%
Set (6 items): +2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

(2 items): +50 to Attack Rating
(3 items): +75 to Attack Rating

Immortal King's Pillar
War Boots
Defense: 123
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0x466c33ed
Item Level: 66
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+110 to Attack Rating
+75 Defense
+44 to Life
Set (2 items): 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Set (3 items): +2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
Set (4 items): +160 Defense
Set (5 items): Half Freeze Duration

Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 237
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xdfe50886
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): +25% Increased Attack Speed
Set (3 items): +120 Defense
Set (4 items): 10% Life stolen per hit
Set (5 items): 10% Mana stolen per hit
Set (6 items): Freezes target +2

Raven Frost
Ring
+248 to Attack Rating
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x9c145cbe

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd3d9701f
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2890bbf3
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x83ba0ee2
+25 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Grand Charm
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x7f0e7675
+42 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4e413cb7
+8 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1ccc8e66
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Windhammer
Ogre Maul
Two Hand Damage: 379 - 524
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 215
Fingerprint: 0x6bf6eff8
33% Chance to cast level 22 Twister on striking
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
230% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)

Zod Rune

Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 55
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xfb1b4825
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
272% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+6 to Battle Command
+5 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune

Amn Rune

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune

Ist Rune

Ohm Rune

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 147
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x4ba22bd9
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+97 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Mercenary:

Name: Guthlaf
Race: Barbarian
Type: 1hs-Normal
Experience: 76661906
Level: 85
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 209/224
Dexterity: 135/145
HP: 1647/1743
Defense: 1533/4927
AR: 2188/2188

Fire: 188/148/**
Cold: 188/148/**
Lightning: 188/148/**
Poison: 188/148/**

Fortitude
Scarab Husk
ElSolDolLo
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+96 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

El Rune
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune

Dol Rune

Lo Rune

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Required Level: 34
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x75a2cbf7
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +9
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Fervor

Shimmering Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf7aa14a0
Cold Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%

Lawbringer
Balrog Blade
AmnLemKo
One Hand Damage: 22 - 112
Two Hand Damage: 82 - 177
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 175
Required Dexterity: 77
Fingerprint: 0x2c73998a
20% Chance to cast level 15 Decrepify on striking
Level 17 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
-50% Target Defense
Adds 150 - 210 Fire Damage
Adds 130 - 180 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (142 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+204 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Dexterity
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)

Amn Rune

Lem Rune
Required Level: 43
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Ko Rune
Weapons: +10 to Dexterity
Armor: +10 to Dexterity
Shields: +10 to Dexterity

Game play:

Big part of the journey is already recorded in pictures that I posted to my sept thread. Take a look, if you want: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Last part of the game:
Screenshot1428.jpg
The first outside areas flew by. Jimi was hitting like a truck. You can see the Frozen River's monster combo in this shot. Certainly interesting and kept me on my toes. Guthlaf bit the dust quite a few times. I was playing /P5.
Screenshot1434.jpg
Went there for a shot :D Usually I'd try to lure them little by little out of that place. My Cyclone Armor absorbs 1500 damage, and it lasts only for a blink of an eye there... There was some boss pack also there.
Screenshot1438.jpg
Hold on Guthlaf! I'm hurrying there to take that another aura away!! Glacial Trail WP area had many boss packs, and it almost got a little hairy there.
Screenshot1443.jpg
Next nice surprise waited me at The Ancient's Way. Before Guthlaf Decrepified those spear ladies, they were very deadly.
Screenshot1446.jpg
Firs unbreakable boss. After everything else was down, we could take him too, just a took a little bit longer than the usual bosses. Now we were fighting with P3 settings, cause I failed ancients at players 5. I didn't die, but I re-rolled them when I realized I don't have enough potions. How arrogant of me to not bring any extra potions... I also lost Guthlaf really fast there because of sloppy playing.
Screenshot1450.jpg
And another one. Go Guthlaf!
Screenshot1453.jpg
Waves weren't bad. I started to run around in order to separate them but found Guthlaf there taking them all at once. I hopped in.
Screenshot1457.jpg
Dead Baal.

Summary
I found this version of Fury Druid quite funny. The build was really well balanced and it was nice to have a Barbarian merc for this. Twisters gave some nice stunning and Hurricane froze some, those along with Decrepify from Lawbringer and crowds were quite well in control. Damage and AR numbers were really satisfying.

Next up: I may continue with this sept, next in line is a Sorceress. Or finish one of my builds that have been somewhere in Hell for a while, I think there's three of those.

Let's see some comments, questions etc.!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High