Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by felixbavaria on Feb 4, 2015:

Matriarch Mikado - Throwzon (1.13 Vanilla untwinked single-pass)

Q: What is a throwzon?

A: An Amazon that throws javelins (actual, physical javelins, not uber chain lightning), with the help of her passive tree that gives her crowd control, attack rating, and the chance to hit multiple enemies. At the same time, she has a viable melee option. Other names could include Java-Jabazon, or ranged passivezon.

The core idea is to combine the tankiness of a daggerzon (shield, fast blocking with thrusting weapon) with a viable ranged option. The obvious disadvantage is that there is no javelin equivalent of Fleshripper. The obvious advantages are that javelins have higher melee range and higher base damage than (throwing) knives, and you can Jab with them, making you hit extremely fast.

Q: Why not just make a LF zon?

A: Because it's been done a million times before, and the sound of javelins flying through the air and piercing through monster flesh is so much more satisfying (evil laugh).

Q: How do you play her?

A: The main active "skill" is Throw, usually applied against groups of enemies lined up in a row, to be able to pierce. Lightning Bolt is used against Stone Skin and PI, as well as high defense monsters. Jab is used against priority targets (e.g. revivers), single enemies, and bosses. Lightning bolt is a 1-pointer, since the straight damage from the skill is not significant, and unlike the weapon damage part, it is not modified by str / dex / might / critical strike. The skill itself is pretty good also against non-PIs, since it is independent of AR, which partly offsets the -25% weapon damage penalty. Jab needs only 1 point as well, but more points give it a nice AR bonus, so I chose to dump all remaining points there.

Max valk is godly. At level 28, she has a decent chance to become immune against elemental damage, has 4.5k life, and 675 STR with a crit chance of > 60%. She tanked Hell Duriel, Mephisto, Bremm Sparkfist with Blood Lord backup, etc.

Decoy is awesome crowd control when maxed. You can literally sort through loot while merc and Valk take on Hell Act V Horror Archers and suchlike. It can usually last for at least several seconds even against very tough monsters. It can block mummy sarcophagi when placed carefully, and separate Minions of Destruction (because they will keep pushing it back).

Overall, this is the safest build I've ever played. She never died once despite having less than 800 life when starting Hell.

Skill setup at level 85:

Inner Sight: 1/4
Critical Strike: 10/13
Dodge: 1/4
Slow Missiles: 1/4
Avoid: 1/4
Penetrate: 20/23
Decoy: 20/23
Evade: 1/4
Valkyrie: 20/23
Pierce: 4/7

Jab: 15/20
Poison Javelin: 1/6
Lightning Bolt: 1/6

Damage with Might aura:

Jab: 656-1268 (AR: 6523)
Throw: 691-1367 (AR: 4320)
Lightning Bolt: 506-1111

All with 62% chance of critical strike. LCS

Gear:

Tarnhelm (39% MF, socketed with 20% ED, 1-46 lightning damage, 18% FR jewel, upgraded)

One of my favorite items for untwinked play. It dropped in Act III Normal, what more can you expect. The jewel dropped in Act III NM. Cannot socket javelins, so it went into the helmet.

Amulet of Luck (35% MF)

Never found an amulet with MF and another useful property.

Titan's Revenge (169% ED, upgraded)

In Act III Hell, keeping up the MF at all times finally paid off when this dropped from a container in the Spider Cavern. The Pul to upgrade it dropped in the Hell Countess tower (the Countess herself dropped Sol and Nef runes). I think it is best in slot for this build. The item geared towards the build, Thunderstroke, is actually much worse (less physical damage, no FRW, no replenishing mod).

Before that, she used gambled javelins up to Throwing Spear in Normal, a Savage War Javelin found in Act V Normal, a rare Harpoon (upgraded from Throwing Spear) with 104% ED throughout most of NM, a Ferocious Harpoon of Evisceration, shopped from NM Anya, and the Hell Imbue, applied to a Balrog Spear found in the Sewers:

Code:
Cruel Picket 
Harpoon 
Throw Damage: 38 - 110 
One Hand Damage: 28 - 71 
Quantity: 80 
Required Level: 30 
Required Strength: 25 
Required Dexterity: 118 
Fingerprint: 0xe7f0e7c0 
Item Level: 52 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
104% Enhanced Damage 
+2 to Minimum Damage 
+64 to Attack Rating 
+187% Damage to Undead 
+188 to Attack Rating against Undead 
Adds 21 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames) 
6% Mana stolen per hit 
Required Level +5 

Ferocious Harpoon of Evisceration 
Harpoon 
Throw Damage: 39 - 173 
One Hand Damage: 28 - 132 
Required Level: 37 
Required Dexterity: 118 
Fingerprint: 0x8e73ee38 
Item Level: 75 
118% Enhanced Damage 
+56 to Maximum Damage

Doom Thirst 
Balrog Spear 
Throw Damage: 122 - 194 
One Hand Damage: 100 - 197 
Required Level: 53 
Required Strength: 127 
Required Dexterity: 95 
Fingerprint: 0xe71d56e0 
Item Level: 82 
205% Enhanced Damage 
+5 to Maximum Damage 
+155 to Attack Rating 
+119% Damage to Undead 
+143 to Attack Rating against Undead 
Replenishes quantity 

Titan's Revenge 
Matriarchal Javelin 
Throw Damage: 119 - 227 
One Hand Damage: 105 - 195 
Quantity: 140 
Required Level: 55 
Required Strength: 107 
Required Dexterity: 151 
Fingerprint: 0x3faa15e3 
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only) 
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels 
+30% Faster Run/Walk 
169% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 25 - 50 Damage 
8% Life stolen per hit 
+20 to Strength 
+20 to Dexterity 
Increased Stack Size 
Replenishes quantity 
Required Level +7

"Smoke" Russet Armor

This is hands down the best MF armor for untwinked Hell. Yes, it does not have any MF on it, but it allows you to focus all other gear slots on MF. Lum runes are cheap in 1.13. This character found six (!).

"Rhyme" Tower Shield

Again, it's hard to imagine anything better suited for this character: +skills not needed, MF + GF boni, CBF saves ring slot, max block even with less dex points, etc.

Chance Guards (25% MF, upgraded)

Dropped from NM Summoner, again one of the best items for untwinked single-pass. Worst possible MF roll, though (range is 25-40).

"Eagle Grip" crafted Hit Power ring (10% all res, 9% CR, +53 AR, 1-19 lightning damage)

Ran out of ingredients for Blood rings, this is not bad but it has no MF and the Frost nova basically never triggers since she does not get hit. :)

"Corpse Cord" crafted Blood Belt (2% LL, 10% OW, +32 life, +5 STR, +24% LR, +19% FR)

The very first try to craft a Blood Belt at the start of NM.

Garnet Ring of Fortune (21% FR, 24% MF)

Found somewhere in Act III Hell - was plain 24% MF before.

Coral Light Plated Boots of Luck (28% LR, 32% MF)

No luck at all gambling or finding boots. This was the best gambling result, and it could have been shopped in Normal difficulty.

Charms:
Life, mana, res, AR, MF, FHR, poison + cold damage

Switch:
Valkyrie's Throwing Spear / Lidless Wall

Stash:
Athletic Gauntlets / Maiden's Amulet (level 28 Valk prebuff with weapon switch)
Rare War Javelin with 20% IAS, ~ 150 fire + cold damage (PI / LI killer)
The General's Tan Do Li Ga (Act boss debuff)

Merc:

Mizan, Might enchanted Town Guard

Cruel Giant Thresher (236% ED) 'Amn'

Acquired in Act V Hell at Larzuk's one-stop shop for big sticks. Sadly it only got 1 socket, because there was a 40% ED jewel sitting in the stash. Before that, a chippie re-rolled War Pike with 82% ED and 'ShaelAmn' inscription. Before that, a "Honor" Partizan socketed with the recipe, and this beauty from Act III Normal, upgraded:

Code:
Storm Impaler 
Lance 
Two Hand Damage: 58 - 230 
Durability: 21 of 25 
Required Level: 30 
Required Strength: 100 
Required Dexterity: 78 
Fingerprint: 0xaf09c78b 
Item Level: 23 
35% Enhanced Damage 
+4 to Minimum Damage 
+15 to Attack Rating 
5% Mana stolen per hit 
5% Life stolen per hit 
Required Level +5
Ethereal

Marshal's Circlet of Life Everlasting (+25 DR)

From a circlet gambling spree (~ 10 M gold) before entering Hell.

'Lionheart' Diamond Mail

The Fal finally dropped in Act IV Hell.

She developed a love-hate relationship with Mizan. OTOH, he provides a significant damage boost to her and the Valk. OTOH, he loves getting personal with Cursed Aura Enchanted Venom Lords and suchlike. Actually he spent most of Act IV pushing daisies, while Mikado and the Valk cleared out the areas slowly but steadily. He became much more powerful after acquiring the Lionheart armor. Before that he had an 88% MF Gothic Plate, which was of no use any more since he constantly was either dead or getting his kills stolen by the Valk.

Stats:

Code:
Name:       Mikado
Class:      Amazon
Experience: 1052167753
Level:      85

Naked/Gear
Strength:   140/165
Dexterity:  200/225
Vitality:   160/160
Energy:     15/25
HP:         698/831
Mana:       141/169

Fire:       180/140/80
Cold:       153/113/53
Lightning:  183/143/83
Poison:     128/88/28

MF:         190       Block:      85
GF:         325
FR/W:       30
FHR:        28
IAS:        0
FCR:        0

Name:       Mizan
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 72344818
Level:      84
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   184/209
Dexterity:  148/163
HP:         1727/1777

Fire:       178/138/78
Cold:       178/138/78
Lightning:  178/138/78
Poison:     178/138/78

Notable S/U finds (> 143 total):

Dangoon's Teaching
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye

Stoneraven
Dark Adherent
Swordguard
Goldstrike Arch
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star

Haemosu's Adamant
Islestrike
Aldur's Rhythm
Butcher's Pupil
Endlesshail
Arm of King Leoric
Spirit Forge
Kuko Shakaku
Razortail
Skin of the Flayed One

Whitstan's Guard
Rite of Passage (2x)

Silks of the Victor
Spectral Shard

Sigon's set (5/6)
Milabrega's set (4/4)

Lenymo (2x)

Hellforge: ? / Sol / Fal

Highest rune find: Pul

Other questing notes / screenies:

• Being an untwinked MF-oriented javazon can be excruciating since there are so many useful, and not too rare, unique bows and spears in the game (as Maltatai's zon would say, "I am not a bowazon").
  • One of the most intense fights was in Act II Nightmare: Stairtrap in Sarina's temple, featuring Holy Freeze Yeti + Flesh Hunter bosspack (not Sarina's). Portal parked the Yetis to the left (room was empty), then re-entered from the stairs, ran to the right and slowly worked towards the main room, where Sarina was easily defeated.
  • In Act II Hell, Mizan was imprisoned for poor performance. Ironically, that's exactly where we want him to be in that situation: doing nothing while staying alive and still providing his damage bonus. A similar situation had occurred in Act I Hell - this is the optimal fighting position, Mizan!
  • The Halls of the Head had a brutal entrance on level 1. Champ Unraveller pack, several regular packs, and mummies, no chance to make a stand in the first room. Ran to the right, Unraveller boss pack. Managed to establish a foothold next to the stairs down to level 2 and slowly worked back.
  • We could not defeat Coldworm in Hell difficulty, as she was LE in addition to being natively CE and PE (unique poison enchantment). It meant that everytime someone was hit by a bolt, s/he would suffer her poison explosion damage, which is huge. Before that, we had to fight a PI/LI flies boss next to her lair, so she had plenty of time to spawn so many maggots that there was no chance without a heavy AoE attack. A quick sprint to the chest to grab the staff, followed by TP out saved the day.
  • Hell Ancients: first try was successful. whirler: blessed aim, spectral hit; leaper: extra strong, spectral hit; thrower: lightning enchanted, mana burn. The thrower did heavy damage (250-ish), but we managed to get him throw at NW pillar while being murdered by merc + valk. Got leaper to 50% health using similar tactic, then ran around in circles throwing spears at him to trigger OW. Finally took a deep breath and rushed at him, finishing him off with Jab. Only the whirler left, he whirled back and forth between decoy, merc and valk, not doing real damage, so I assumed he could just be tanked, which was true. Total potion usage: 5 super healers.
  • In Hell WSK 1, we finally found a Lem rune ...
  • Baal dropping a green breast plate was symptomatic of Hell Act Boss drops.

I really enjoyed this run. Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Foxtrue on Oct 23, 2009:

1.09 Baroness Foxy

For my first character to finish Hell 1.09 Classic I choose a Lighning Fury Amazon based on Flux/Ugla guide but with a few personal modifications. She is now level 85 and retired.

My final stats:

Strength 100

Dexterity 120 (145)

Vitality 275

Energy 20

My final skills:

-Passive and Magic Skills:
3 Critical Strike
1 Inner Sight
1 Slow Missiles
20 Valkyrie
12 Dodge
7 Avoid
12 Evade
1 Penetrate
15 Pierce

-Javelin and Spear Skills
1 Poison Javelin
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Plague Javelin
20 Lighting Fury

Final Gear:

Weapon: Superior Harpoon/6P-Emerald Long War Bow/Hellcast/Rare Enhanced Damage + Enhanced Atack Ratting Stilleto

Shield: Wall of the Eyeless/The Ward

Armor: Goldskin

Gloves, Helmet, Belt, Amulet: Iratha's Finery

2 x Manald Heal Ring 7% mana steal

2x Rare Boots (Fire/Cold and Lightning/Cold resists) / Goblin Toe

Since I like to play using the most protective skills I used Fury for the mobs/Lightning Bolt for 1-2 weak monsters and used a lot of skill points for Dodge, Avoid, Evade.

For the Lightning Imune/most LE monsters I used a 4 Perfect Emerald Crossbow/6 Perfect Emerald Bow.
For the act Bosses and some of the other Superuniques I used The Tan Do Li Ga flail and latter a ED Stilleto.

Getting the gear:
Normal play until normal Mephisto. From him I got a Tarnhelm, a pair of Chance Guards, a Nalgering and a gull. Those provided enough MF to get the Iratha set, a Manald Heal ring and a pair of Rare boots with 20% faster Walk/Run, 10% faster hit recovery, resist and some MF. After that, I continued to Act 4 and run Diablo until level 50 (players 8) There I found Goldwrap. After level 50 I entered nightmare and reached Mephisto. Lots of MF rounds later (dressed with magic find gear) at about level 66 found a good Ward and finished Nighmare. However there was only one piece missing from my gear, a Goldskin. I returned to nightmare Mephisto and I got one. At level 67 I entered Hell and at level 70 Foxy was a Baroness. Until level 85 I did Players 8 Cow runs.

Leveling up and skill points:

Level 43:

3 Critical Strike
1 Inner Sight
1 Slow Missiles
1 Walkyrie
12 Dodge
7 Avoid
1 Evade
1 Penetrate
5 Pierce

1 Poison Javelin
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Plague Javelin
10 Lighting Fury

Level 52 (Finished Act 3 Nighmare)

3 Critical Strike
1 Inner Sight
1 Slow Missiles
1 Valkyrie
12 Dodge
7 Avoid
3 Evade
1 Penetrate
5 Pierce

1 Poison Javelin
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Plague Javelin
19 Lighting Fury

Level 70 (Finished Hell)

3 Critical Strike
1 Inner Sight
1 Slow Missiles
20 Valkyrie
12 Dodge
7 Avoid
4 Evade
1 Penetrate
8 Pierce

1 Poison Javelin
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Plague Javelin
20 Lighting Fury

As for the stat points I finished with STR, DEX and EN alocation in normal and the rest were used for VIT.

Monster problems:

Normal:
Big Fire Enchanted Spider protecting one of Kalim Relics (underestimated him)

Nightmare:
Bremm when he got LE as a mod (but he is no problem if you stand perfect face to face with him, hint use the wall for that).

Hell:
Some Lighning Enchanded Multi Shot Fallen Shamans and some uniques Wraths. Also Diablo Firestorm was a bit too hot even with 85% resist.

So what do you think ?

Originally posted by Grape on Feb 2, 2018:

Matriarch Honey - Weekend Warrior Amazon with a thick fur

Introduction

This character came basically out of nowhere. I hadn't been planning to do an Amazon around my Eth Tomby, actually I have been toying around with some sort of melee Amazon ideas for my seventh Zod God sept character.

Well, then came @D2DC and the Weekend Warrior Tournament. I suddenly got the itch to do something fast with the big hurty stick again, before letting it rest (probably) for a while. One would of course think about Druid, but I'm saving that (those) for a later time.

Since I was not finding anything really intriguing for the Zod God right now, I thought to myself I could do this melee / passive Amazon now as well. Enter 'Beast' and we have a hard-hitting, durable Bear Amazon, also known as Fuzzy Dodger.

You can read about her journey during the first two pages of that tournament. I played as a Multi Shot/Strafe Amazon, changing my bow every act. I also found a Jah, and played on /players 8 settings from the start to finish. (I think Eldritch in my video below had already spawn with some lower setting though, probably P3, but that was recorded after Baal was long gone).

Build

Pretty simple and straightforward:

All vita after meeting my equipment's requirements, all in to my melee power after meeting satisfactory resistance levels. Enough IAS to hit at 8 FPA.

I could afford to put few hard points into each of D/A/E, because of my low plus skills in my equipment. I tried it with full inventory of passive skillers and the levels of those rised far too much to my liking, it became hard to hit, and thus hard to leech life back (that was needed all the time).

Otherwise it was twenty points to Decoy (as a synergy) and Valkyrie, and 20 to Penetrate and Critical Strike.

Playtime!

Code:
Name:       Honey
Experience: 1412483540
Level:      88

Naked/Gear
Strength:   102/155
Dexterity:  73/93
Vitality:   339/339
Energy:     16/16
HP:         1241/1733
Mana:       147/187
Stamina:    490/510
Defense:    18/2238
AR:         335/1436

Fire:       190/150/90
Cold:       140/100/40
Lightning:  202/162/102
Poison:     165/125/65

MF:         57       Block:      11
GF:         0
FR/W:       61
FHR:        54
IAS:        130
FCR:        25

Inner Sight: 1/2
Critical Strike: 20/21
Dodge: 7/8
Slow Missiles: 1/2
Avoid: 5/6
Penetrate: 20/21
Decoy: 20/21
Evade: 5/6
Valkyrie: 20/21
Pierce: 0/0

Equipment:
Code:
Amber Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x9b2bd9b7
Item Level: 81
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Lightning Resist +10%

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 160
Durability: 33 of 34
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0xb9f8179c
Item Level: 88
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+197% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1407
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x341a34c7
Item Level: 85
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+132 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdf7f82d
Item Level: 80
+3% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +5

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xab982155
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x50fd7109
+33 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Amber Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x69458d5a
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Lightning Resist +10%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x193824c7
+35 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 83
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x6856ee94
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Ghoul Harness
Mesh Belt
Defense: 36
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xc4546d51
Item Level: 96
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
2% Life stolen per hit
6% Chance of Open Wounds
+29 to Strength
+52 to Life
Lightning Resist +7%

Shimmering Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x30fadcf6
+7% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +13

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xeecc0fb6
Item Level: 94
+9 to Maximum Damage
+76 to Attack Rating
+31 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd2c4ec94
+8 to Maximum Damage
+60 to Attack Rating
+27 to Life

Grand Charm
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x101204e5
Item Level: 95
+10 to Maximum Damage
+56 to Attack Rating
+25 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b155ba5
Item Level: 90
Version: Expansion
+31 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa7ef3cda
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc6e4b844
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdfd93873
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xb47aac8c
Item Level: 13

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9ce2fb4
+10 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+32 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3d969f98
+9 to Maximum Damage
+71 to Attack Rating
+22 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xffdc74ab
+8 to Maximum Damage
+63 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7c7e989f
+10 to Maximum Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x9543b2ee
Item Level: 71
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+24 to Strength
All Resistances +11
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel of Virility

Scintillating Jewel of Virility
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5513b784
Item Level: 87
+9 to Strength
Cold Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +11%
Fire Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%

Athletic Coronet of the Magus
Coronet
Defense: 32
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x16720dff
Item Level: 96
+3 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x943d11e8
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
33% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Athletic Amulet of Revivification
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xe8259ff
Replenish Life +12

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x1b868b49
+248 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x794a8c71
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Demon Limb
Tyrant Club
One Hand Damage: 100 - 182
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Strength: 133
Fingerprint: 0x870cb382
215% Enhanced Damage
+123% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 222 - 333 Fire Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist +19%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Level 23 Enchant (2/20 Charges)

Beast
Berserker Axe
BerTirUmMalLum
One Hand Damage: 88 - 260
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 138
Required Dexterity: 59
Fingerprint: 0xcf6d19bc
Level 9 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
+40% Increased Attack Speed
267% Enhanced Damage
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Werebear
+3 to Lycanthropy
+37 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Level 13 Summon Grizzly (5/5 Charges)
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 312
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 8 of 44
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 146
Fingerprint: 0x2bcb6145
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+90 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Doom Touch
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xc95e4a2d
+8 to Minimum Damage
+113 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
+38 to Life
All Resistances +11
Poison Resist +25%

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2267d4a
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4ce291d
+33 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa741e8e3
+3% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +4

Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
Two Hand Damage: 211 - 969
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 93
Fingerprint: 0xa45f2eda
Indestructible
+90% Increased Attack Speed
331% Enhanced Damage
+156% Damage to Undead
+270 to Attack Rating against Undead
All Resistances +36
10% Reanimate as: Returned
+14 Life after each Kill
57% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+4 to Light Radius
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Socketed: Zod Rune
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Fervor

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x7bf5aebb
Item Level: 84
+15% Increased Attack Speed
39% Enhanced Damage

Zod Rune
Required Level: 69
Weapons: Indestructible
Armor: Indestructible
Shields: Indestructible

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x681b20b6
+15% Increased Attack Speed
35% Enhanced Damage

Mercenary:

Name:       Azrael
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 82740622
Level:      88

Naked/Gear
Strength:   191/216
Dexterity:  154/154
HP:         1887/1986
Defense:    1387/5037
AR:         1946/1946

Fire:       148/108/48
Cold:       178/138/78
Lightning:  178/138/78
Poison:    248/208/148

Fortitude
Scarab Husk
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3177
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0xbd9cf828
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+99 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 473
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x978194fd
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
9% Life stolen per hit
+104% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
Cannot Be Frozen
Level 3 Venom (14/20 Charges)
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Cham Rune

Cham Rune
Required Level: 67
Weapons: Freezes target +3
Armor: Cannot Be Frozen
Shields: Cannot Be Frozen

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 59 - 698
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 81
Fingerprint: 0xec2db13a
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
231% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (22 Frames)
11% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
Ethereal
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

Shael Rune
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Screenshots!
to be posted :p

In retrospect - probably not the best choice to play a normal attack character through P8 Hell within one day (after already spending decent amount of time with it earlier the same weekend.) It can become little tedious. In the end I somewhat liked her, but I like Amazons more when I can cast Decoy, Inner Sight and Slow Missile when I want. I've also grown to like that my melee characters have PI solution themselves and are independent of mercs (to some degree). Especially when you can't teleport to have your merc proc'ing Decrepify where you want became a little bit irritating especially in the places like Maggot Lair. Apart from those, merc did the job perfectly fine, even without any BO.

Questions, comments? Be my guest!

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Indemaijinj on Sep 9, 2006:

Matriarch Feist the /players 8 Daggerzon.

Well, if you have read either of my two pat reports you will know that I do all my questing at /players 8 doing full clears to the best of my ability (that includes those darned guard towers).

You would have thought I would have reconsidered the /players 8 thing when playing an underpowered build like a Daggerzon (pure passives/normal attack), but no. She can do it as just as fine as anyone else. Especially with the equipment she was packing.

And look darn cool doing it

Don't you agree?
(this was a staged screenshot after the mat), I don't usually have the presence of mind to take screenshots while playing.

Well, let's not tarry to long, here's her stats:

Matriarch Feist, level 89 softcore 1.11 pure passives Daggerzon (RWM, not that she really took advantage).
2 unspent skill points. No unspent stat points.

All Waypoints taken. All quests resolved, except for the Anya and Charsi quest rewards and the Hell Larzuk socket quest.

Stats: (with gear/without gear)

Strength: 165/120
Dexterity: 202/195
Vitality: 205/205
Energy: 15/15

Life: 967
Mana: 147

Defense: 1472

Dagger AR (with Venom from Treachery): 3940
Dagger damage (with Venom from Treachery): 489-1067
Berserk AR (with Venom from Treachery): 5672
Berserk damage (with Venom from Treachery): 1238 - 1493

Note, all the AR and damage values are grossly misleading as she depends heavily on Critical/Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Open Wounds and -monster defense effects (hell, and my mercs Decrepify from Reaper's even).

Resists in Hell:
Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Lightning: 75
Poison: 27

Regardless of weapon switch/Fade

Skills (actual spents skillpoints in paranthesis):

Inner Sight:
Level 11(8):
Monster Defense: -350

Slow Missiles: Level 4(1):
Duration: 30 seconds

Critical Strike: Level 11(8):
58% chance of triggering

Penetrate: Level 23(20):
AR Bonus: 255%

Dodge: Level 10(7):
47% chance of triggering.

Avoid: Level 10(7):
55% chance of triggering.

Evade: Level 10(7):
47% chance of triggering.

Decoy: Level 23(20):
Life: 230%
Mana cost: 2.5

Valkyrie: Level 23(20):
Damage: 550%
AR: 1720
Defense: 220%
Life: 4136 (feels like a hell lot more)
Mana cost: 47

Mercenary:
Waheed, level 89 Nightmare Offensive (Might) Desert Warrior.

Strength: 193
Dexterity: 156

Damage: 486 - 2518
Defense: 2181
Life: 1987

And of course, the equipment that got her there:

Hat:
64% resist all Kira's Guardian socketed with an Ambergris Jewel of Daring (+7 Dex/28% Light Res)
Shirt:
"Treachery" Wire Fleece
Mittens:
Doom Claw
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 111
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 57
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x4e7f4cb0
+18 to Life
+69% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +22%
Cold Resist +30%
3% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
9% Chance of Crushing Blow
Belt:
String of Ears
Shoes:
Gore Riders

Necklace:
Athletic Amulet of the Giant (+3 Passives/+15 Strength)
Right Ring:
Scintillating Ring of Warding (15 Resist all/1 PDR)
Left Ring:
Rainbow Ring of the Bat (10 Resist all/3% mana leech)

Primary Weapon Switch:
233% ed Fleshripper socketed with a Shael
Stormshield socketed with a Hel

Secondary Weapon Switch:
205% ed "Passion" Elder Staff

Mercenary gear:

Hat:

55% resist all Kira's Guardian
Shirt:
Shaftstop
Stick:
202% ed Reaper's Toll socketed with a Shael

Last edited:
Originally posted by Jason Maher on Oct 13, 2010:

Matriarch Maelon, 1-handed Meleezon

After reading this old daggerzon Mat thread, I decide someone had to go where the author wouldn't: a 1-handed meleezon that didn't chicken out at the thought of a slow block speed and opt for daggers. Yep, I have built, and now mat'ed, a 1-handed sword wielding meleezon, super-slow block speed and all. What convinced me to try this mad project was discovering, after a bit of research, that Amazons swing faster than any other character (Blizzard are obviously a very humerous bunch). Also the availability of a certain piece of armour that boasts 30% Faster Block Rate. And finally, after a bit more research, discovering that with a Shael'ed fast blocking shield and said piece of armour, I could block at the blinding speed of 8(!) frames, a speed to make any Paladin wake in a cold sweat. The thing is, though, that the Zon's good old dodging skills also work at 8 frames, and I figured if I could live with an 8-frame Dodge, I could bloody well live with an 8-frame block as well. 👍

So I set about trying to figure a way to make this build work. Enter Thomh, who chucked in low damage roll Grief PB as a freebie(!) in a recent trade (many, many thanks). I knew I had to swing as fast as possible (hit them before they could hit me), and a Phase Blade with an extra 34% IAS goes a long way to achieving such a goal. I only needed another 40IAS (38 actually) to reach 7fpa, crucially 1 frame faster than the dodge and block speeds, meaning I could interrupt an enemy attack before they interrupted mine. Sounds nice in theory, but surprisingly worked pretty well in practice, unless I was mobbed.

Which brings me to the great advantage of the Amazon: her two recastable tanks that, along with the moron, can occupy enemies while she takes them down one by one. And this was pretty much my strategy, especially with melee monsters. Against ranged monsters, I generally tried to use the Decoy to draw fire away from myself, so I could again whittle the nasties down one at a time. Helping out was the ever useful Slow Missiles skill.

I played through Normal and Nightmare on p8, before switching to p1 for Hell. In Hell, I ran acts 1 and 2 at p1 (speed), acts 3 and 4 at p8 (experience), act 5 at p1 up until the Ancients (speed), then from the Ancients to Baal at p8 (because I could). I ran Normal Baal until level 59 (to equip the Grief), Nightmare Baal until level 77 (to equip Kira's, was also originally intending to use Drac's, but changed my mind), and the Pits until level 85. Prior to equipping the Grief PB, I used a Butcher's Pupil, and before that I honestly cannot recall.

Overall, I was surprised just how viable this character was. At p1 in Hell she 1 or 2 hit kills most normal monsters. That I was able to play her at p8 at all surprised me. Such is the power of even a rubbish Grief. She was incredibly durable (90% Resist all, Fire and Lightning Absorb, 50% DR, 75% block, ~50% D/A/E), which was by deliberate design. The other major design choice was to get as many additional points to Passive and Magic skills as possible. This involved 6 skillers and a pair of +3 gloves. This was partly for style points (why play a passive zon if you're not going to boost these skills), and partly because I wanted to have a very high level Inner Sight, Decoy, Valk, Penetrate, and Critical Strike (all critical to my build), while at the same time achieving ~50% D/A/E with only 1 hard point in each.

Apart from the slowmo bloack and cast (neither of which bothered me at all), the only downside to the final character was that I couldn't find any room for CB or OW. I could have if I had abandoned my stylepoints quest, used charms for resists, and kept the Guillame's and Gore Rider that I wore until the end of Nightmare, but since when does any self-respecting D2 single player abandon style points for anything? :smug:

Anyway, enough wall-of-text, here's the nitty-gritty:

Matriarch Maelon
Level: 88
Experience: 1,372,709,128

Strength: 203/234 (enhanced damage, rest go here if I keep playing)
Dexterity: 149/159 (enough for 75% block)
Vitality: 163 (enough for 900 life before BO)
Energy: 15

Life: 906/1413 (with BO)
Mana: 141/226

Damage: ~2.5k according to calculator, 830-955 according to LCS (with Might), with 53% DS and 71% CS
AR: 3327 (with -25% Target Defense, and -1715 to Enemy Defense from level 31 Inner Sight)
Defense: 1546 (who cares?)

Resists: 90/90/90/90 (with 15% Fire and 16% Lightning absorb, Damage Reduced by 50%, and Magic Damage Reduced by 28)

Skills:

Critical Strike: 15/26 (rest here, 71%)
Inner Sight: 20/31 (-1715 to Enemy Defense)
Slow Missiles 1/12
Dodge: 1/12 (50%)
Avoid: 1/12 (58%)
Evade: 1/12 (50%)
Penetrate: 20/31 (+335%)
Decoy: 20/31
Valkyrie: 20/31/34

Gear:

- Kira's Guardian (Um)
- Guardian Angel (Um)
- Grief Phase Blade
- Stormshield (Shael)
- Call to Arms Flail (switch)
- Spirit Monarch (switch)
- Highlord's Wrath
- Athletic Sharkskin Gloves of Alacrity
- String of Ears
- Rare boots (10% FRW, 40% FRes, 33% PRes)
- Dwarf Star
- Whisp Projector (used the HoW charges until A5)
- 6 Acrobatic skillers (total 153 Life and 4 Max Damage from suffixes)
- 7 Shimmering SCs (total 30 All Resists)

Moron Gear:

- The Reaper's Toll (Shael)
- Crown of Ages (Sol)
- Leviathan

Readouts:
Code:
Kira's Guardian
Tiara
'Um'
Defense: 97
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 77
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x56d69020
+50 Defense
All Resistances +82
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Um Rune
Inserted into a Tiara

All Resistances +15

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
'Um'
Defense: 775
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x8bdf8a6c
+182% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +15%
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist
Lightning Resist +15%
+15% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Cold Resist +15%
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist
Poison Resist +15%
+15% to Maximum Poison Resist
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate
220% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Demons (Based on Character Level)

Um Rune
Inserted into a Templar Coat

All Resistances +15

Grief
Phase Blade
'EthTirLoMalRal'
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 35
Required Dexterity: 136
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x1524a57b
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+15 Life after each Kill
34% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +345 Damage
Ignore Target Defense
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
20% Deadly Strike
35% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
165% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Eth Rune
Inserted into a Phase Blade

-25% Target Defense

Required Level: 15

Tir Rune

Required Level: 13

Lo Rune

20% Deadly Strike

Mal Rune

Prevent Monster Heal

Ral Rune

Adds 5-30 fire damage

Required Level: 19

Stormshield
Monarch
'Shael'
Defense: 476
Chance to Block:  72%
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 73
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x813d9bcc
+30 to Strength
+25% Increased Chance of Blocking
Damage Reduced by 35%
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +60%
55% Faster Block Rate
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 10
Indestructible
+330 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Monarch

20% Faster Block Rate

Call to Arms
Superior Flail
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 89
Durability: 33 of 34
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 41
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6a4901fe
+274% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
Increase Maximum Durability 12%
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
+6 to Battle Command
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Amn Rune
Inserted into a Flail

7% Life stolen per hit

Ral Rune
Inserted into a Flail

Adds 5-30 fire damage

Required Level: 19

Mal Rune
Inserted into a Flail

Prevent Monster Heal

Ist Rune
Inserted into a Flail

30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51

Ohm Rune
Inserted into a Flail

+50% Enhanced Damage

47: Spirit
Amber's Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 133
Chance to Block:  47%
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x6aca5f27
+22 to Vitality
+104 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
55% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+7 Magic Absorb
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Tal Rune
Inserted into a Monarch

Poison Resist +35%

Required Level: 17

Thul Rune
Inserted into a Monarch

Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Inserted into a Monarch

Lightning Resist +35%

Required Level: 21

Amn Rune
Inserted into a Monarch

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xa818965a
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
+1 to All Skill Levels
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
33% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

Athletic Sharkskin Gloves of Alacrity
Defense: 36
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xd0bdf615

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 109
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Strength: 20
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xf15569f3
+170% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
Damage Reduced by 15%
7% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Fiend Spur
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 14
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x6d011dd4
+5 to Dexterity
+22% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +40%
Poison Resist +33%
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Run/Walk

Dwarf Star
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xe323454d
+40 to Life
+40 to Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
15% Fire Absorb

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xa2a0c66c
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
16% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (12/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (11/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (15/15 Charges)

Acrobatic Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x9becc61e
+30 to Life
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Fingerprint: 0xc466ce5a
+28 to Life

Fingerprint: 0xc9b1455e
+35 to Life

Fingerprint: 0xc1038bba
+25 to Life

Fingerprint: 0xacb6b0b5
+35 to Life

Acrobatic Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x7e6e70c8
+4 to Maximum Damage

Shimmering Small Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0x8ce21174
+1 to Dexterity
All Resistances +4

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe0f21122
All Resistances +4

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4b5da631
All Resistances +4

Shimmering Small Charm of Craftmanship
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8ff65a96
+1 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +5

Shimmering Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x4a914ec2
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +4

Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x54954c69
+2 to Dexterity
All Resistances +5

Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x46558eda
+2 to Dexterity
All Resistances +4

Mercenary Items : 

Crown of Ages
Corona
'Sol'
Defense: 374
Required Strength: 174
Required Level: 82
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xe6d03278
+50% Enhanced Defense
+125 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Damage Reduced by 12%
All Resistances +20
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
Indestructible

Sol Rune
Inserted into a Corona

Damage Reduced by 7

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1555
Required Strength: 174
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xce66d8a3
+47 to Strength
+170% Enhanced Defense
+141 Defense
Damage Reduced by 25%
Indestructible

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 479
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 75
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xd276f28a
+240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 0 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Thresher

Many thanks to the various people who traded/gifted me some of the items worn by this character. You now know what I was up to. I love making weird and wonderful off-the-wall characters, and that generally requires some specialist gear.

I can now get back to my 'Ice' Sept, which should please omg. ;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Liquid_Evil on Sep 19, 2009:

Matriarch Cherish

Matriarch Cherish

Liqroduction
Laaaadies and gentlemen! Approach slowly and with great caution because directly behind this wall of text is something so wild, so untamed, so…primal, that I could only get it Stateside with the help of six of the world’s best trackers, an inflatable banana, and enough military-grade tranquilizers to put down Cheech and Chong.

What you’re about to read may shock, startle, and amaze you! If you’re pregnant, elderly, or faint of heart, you can read on, but I cannot in good faith suggest any roller coaster rides as you do so. So, without further ado, and out of the coldest depths of the Amazon Rainforest (80 degrees Fahrenheit?), allow me to present to you…

...an Amazonian Freeze Bear!!1

*shocked gasps and soiled underwear from the crowd, except for one guy who is trying to retain his composure to impress his girlfriend*

What, pray tell, is an Amazonian Freeze Bear?
Well, I needed to call this creature something, and that seemed fitting given her skills. To paraphrase the immortal Hunter S. Thompson regarding this disgusting prototype…it is too weird to live, and too rare to die. So basically, it’s a hybridized Amazon that utilized Freezing Arrow to lock foes in place, and then, courtesy of “Beast,” smashed them to bits in a bearform.

How’s that work?
The bow-half froze targets and the bear-half shattered faces.
Freeze, Shatter
Freeze
, Shatter
…You get the idea.

Here are her LCS screenies:
Arrow
Bear

Mmmhmm…now why don’t you disrobe and we’ll have a look at those skills, shall we?
20 Cold Arrow
20 Freezing Arrow
20 Penetrate
16 Valk
5 Critical Strike
4 D/E/A

And what items did your *snicker* Amazonian Cold Bear use?
Amazonian Freeze Bear. Forget the name again and I’m gonna take it personally.

Helm: Vampire Gaze s/Resist jewel (4 second cold duration)
Amulet: Eye of Etlich (10 second cold duration)
Armor: “Fortitude” Archon
Weapon: “Beast” Berserker Axe
Shield: Stormshield s/P. Diamond
Weapon Switch: Buriza-Do Kyanon
Gloves: 1.07 Crafts
Rings: 7%ll Rare & Raven Frost (4 second cold duration)
Belt: Crendendum
Boots: Rares w/ FRW and resist
Charms: Fifteen cold damage smalls (15 second cold duration), and various ones to make up resists and AR

How’d the character play?
Like a frozen dream rolled in sugar.

How’d the character play in normal terms and not ridiculous similes?
The character was fine and the play was straightforward. Depending on my mood and the situation, I’d stay in one form longer, but generally I tried to be pretty consistent with firing an arrow or two and swapping to bearform.

Future plans?
I found a very interesting rare item in my travels through the game, so I might put it to use on a character soon. That, and continue on with my twenty percent of the Horsemen of the Apocolypse group, Famine.

No. I meant future plans with the Freeze Bear.
Oh. I suppose I’ll parade her around towns like the freaks of old, letting passersby poke her with sticks for a quarter. (Or maybe just continue on in the occasional MP Baal game.) I guess we’ll see.

Any random thoughts you’d like to leave us with?
No, but I’ll fill up this space with words anyway.
-Dodge/Evade/Avoid trigger the shift animation, so here’s a screenshot of hermaphrobear in action.
-It’s a better tank than I thought it would be, but still not the best I’ve played.
-Casting a Valk meant I couldn’t change to a bear for a few seconds. Not a big deal though.
-I’m a big fan of hybrids, Druids, and style. This char has some elements of each.
-I timed some of the Hell monsters being chilled, and although it seemed to vary quite a bit depending on their resists and immunities, some were frozen in place for ~8 seconds. Obviously, Nightmare and Normal would have much greater freeze durations, but who plays those stages after Mat status?
-These were the HF drops: NM, Hell

Anyone you’d like to thank?
-The big man upstairs (he still owes me September’s attic rent, but I can’t complain about his housekeeping skills)
-Zylo, for powering me through some of the boring game spots (this is what a lvl 37 Enchant looks like on a lvl 15 character)
-Vega, for supplying me the “Beast” in the waybacks
-The MP crowd (nep, nagi, hawk, cheese, ohmmy, and countless others)
-Everyone that feeds my insatiable ego by leaving a comment in this thread

Gripping conclusion?
I tried to get fraps installed and going for sweet video recordage, so here’s a short and craptacular video of the character in action. As the video skills develop, the videos will probably get better (but I make no promises). Watch and enjoy.
Uber Video of Gameplay

See you next time. Same Liq time. Same Liq channel.

Last edited:
Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Dec 18, 2008:

Matriarch Blondie - Erinys (Berserk Amazon)

Matriarch Blondie

"C'mon, we can take her. She's just standing there! She isn't even looking at us!"

-

The Planning Stage

I'm all about offbeat melee builds but the well had gone dry for me for quite some time. The subject of a zerking paladin perked my interest again and I decided to try it out on a modified tankazon.

Attack rating, usually the bane of any weird melee build, was covered by a high level Inner Sight and maxed penetrate. Tanks were plentiful with Valkyrie, Decoy, and an A2 merc. Personal defense was covered by D/A/E. The major question I knew I had to address was:

Can I do enough damage in Hell with a very low level Berserk?

I decided to exploit the ebug and made an Oath in a 1.07 balrog blade (courtesy of a trade with Fabian) using pretty much all my rune wealth to make it, hel it, and stick in the runes for Passion. We're ready to go.

Observations and Leveling

Getting Blondie from the blood moor to Baal was an incredibly challenging experience - it was easily the most difficult character I've ever mat/pat'd.

Playing a zerkazon was a very different experience from most my melee pats because I had to do much pre-engagement set up before I even made contact with approaching monsters. Usually, like with a zealot or frenzier, I'd just run in and start beating heads, and pretty much always emerge victorious. With Blondie, I realized earlier on that I simply could not withstand more then 2 or 3 monsters actively hitting me at once, it was just too much incoming damage even with Dodge and Evade at ~50%.

I eventually worked out a standard plan of action that took me through the game.

1. Scout ahead with the Decoy. If nothing swarmed over it, I moved up to right behind the decoy and cast it again at the edge of the screen. Repeat till monsters engage.

2. Once monsters starting flying in I threw out a new Valkyrie near the edge of the crowd to partially split monsters attention. That let my merc and I move into melee range unmolested.

3. My merc got busy doing his thing while I ran up to right behind the crowd of monsters and cast Inner Sight to make it easier for everyone to hit. If there were lots of ranged attackers I then cast Slow Missiles.

4. After that, I started zerking, taking care to always have a tank between me and the majority of the monsters. My damage held nicely throughout the game and monsters usually dropped in about 4 hits. Once the crowd starting thinning out and the valk and merc started advancing, I recast the decoy to draw the majority of the attention. Everything dead? Go back to step 1

The majority of the game required 100% attention for me but the most difficult level was easily Frozen River. I got a particularly nasty monster spawn with Gloams, Witches, and Spear Rogues. The gloams and witches continually hit me once and then quickly flew back over the tiny streams. I rarely got more then two hits in before I was forced to retreat under a hale of blood stars and lightning bolts. The witches also continually Amp'd my crew and I had to continually res the merc. Being perma-cursed proved quite dangerous when I tried to chase after the gloams/witches by finding bridges, since I inevitably woke up a pack of blazingly fast rogues. It took nearly half an hour of advance/retreat before I finally got Anya out of there.

I was worried about the Ancients but it went like clockwork. I set up a decoy by Madawc and hit the book. Everyone paired off like we were ballroom dancing. Madawc spent his time chucking at the decoy while my valk and merc kept Talic busy. I went 1on1 with Korlic and quickly killed him. I circled around to Madawc and finished him off and then joined in on Talic. He was Fire Enchanted so he was slivered and I stood back while the merc finished him.

The Throne was also particularly prickly because it spawned with Knights (normally not a problem for me with zerk) and Mummies (a problem for me since they're one of the few Magic Immunes in the game). It was a classic quandry. In order to kill the knights safely I needed to use berserk. If I wanted to kill the mummies I needed to use normal attack. If I used normal attack around the knights I would quickly kill myself. If I wanted the knights to STAY dead I needed to kill the mummies first. Luckily Throne is small so I managed to get through it unscathed.

I was proud of the fact that despite the difficulty in this character I managed to die only once - in the flayer dungeon. I broke my plan of action by rushing ahead into a pack of dolls hidden behind a wall and kaboom, light out.

EDIT: Oh yea, forgot to mention I was rewarded with an IST at my hf. Pretty happy with that.

Stats
Code:
Lvl 82
Berserk Damage w/ Venom+Might+Enchant: 2122-5130
Life: 1299
Resists w/ Fade: 75/60/75/75
AR w/ Enchant: 7111

Str: 185
Dex: 77
Vit: 326

20 Penetrate
20 Valk
17 Decoy
16 IS
6 Dodge
6 Evade
6 CS

Gear
Code:
Guillame's 'resist all/max dmg jewe'
Mara's
'Passion' Balrog Blade
'Treachery' Archon
Bloodfist
Nos' Coil
RavenFrost
Death Touch Ring (your "ugly" ring Nagisa! :thumbup:)
War Travs
Demon Limb/Spirit on switch

Passion
Balrog Blade
'DolOrtEldLem'
One-Hand Damage: 64 to 386
Two-Hand Damage: 241 to 610
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x7784cd9
+195% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Zeal
+1 to Berserk
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Hit Blinds Target +10
80% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Death Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x869a14ef
+12 to Strength
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +30%
5% Life stolen per hit

Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Jul 5, 2009:

Matriarch Wahine - Poke/Chuck Tankazon

Matriarch Wahine

"Pirates," Wahine said softly to herself. The sea-stained clothing and curved swords were unmistakable to the amazon's sharp eyes. Her position at the edge of the jungle was well-concealed - driftwood and clumps of seaweed left everything but her eyes hidden. "They must be destroyed before they can reach our camps" thought Wahine. She stood up and deliberately gave away her position - the red sash around her waist standing out fiercely against the dark jungle. The lure would prove irresistible to the invaders and they ran awkwardly across the sand as the amazon slipped silently into the trees.

"By the trees," shouted the grizzled leader "hurry up you louts!" The sand was uneven and by the time the pirates made it to the tree line, the amazon had vanished into the jungle. "In there, cap'n?" asked one of the mates, "we can't bleedin' see more then 5 feet in front of us!" A swift backhand was the captain's swift reply, "we outnumber her four to one, we'll find her and cut her throat." Sufficiently cowed, the group tentatively moved into the dark embrace of the jungle.

"We've been hackin' through this mess for over ha-" "Shut up," hissed the captain, "I saw something red over by those rocks." Shouts of anger rang out as the pirate neared the outcropping. The amazon's sash fluttered languidly in the humid air. "Dam it, just another blasted deco-"

What had previously been a patch of wild growth erupted as the amazon disarmed the nearest pirate by slamming her javelin through his wrist. She quickly yanked out her weapon and delivered two more swift blows to his face, silencing him. The other pirates rushed her and she ducked underneath a wicked slash. Using her downward momentum she tucked into a roll and drew two new javelins in one swift motion. Wahine exploded out of her roll and swung two vicious back hands, impaling both pirates through the backs of their necks. She looked around quickly and located her last opponent, 15 feet away and out of arm's reach.

"Got anything to say witch, before I blow your pretty head off?" said the remaining pirate. He had drawn a pistol from somewhere within his pack in the chaos. Wahine stared down the barrel before slowly, contemptuously turning her back. "Aw, you ain't even gonna beg for your life?" smirked the pirate. "I don't talk to dead men," said Wahine evenly.

A golden glow began to light the jungle as the pirate laughed "The only one who's going to end up de-" The valkyrie's ghostly spear pierced his heart. Wahine bowed her head in respect and uttered a deep guttural cry. The beasts of the jungle would finish things.

The Planning Stage
Some builds just seem to click with me. Hunter druids, Strafers, Conc Barbs, and of course, Tankazons. My previous tankazon mat, Blondie, was fun but using Berserk with a 2 hander meant no leech, no defense, and no shield.

For this tankazon I wanted to use a native attack skill. I'd never used Jab before, and multi-hit attacks are particularly good for quickly delivering crushing blow. Jab would also allow me to leech back life quickly, probably the most underrated part of being an effective tank.

I really wanted to max decoy, valk, and penetrate so that left next to nothing for a skill-based PI solution. Perhaps elemental damage on the weapon itself?

The top weapons when it comes to average elemental/magic damage
1. Gimmershred: 902 avg dmg - Why not: Best average elemental damage but it's a 1H swinging weapon, meaning sloth-like block speed.
2. Azurewrath: 750 avg dmg - Why not: Again, 1H swinging weapon, plus lvl 85 is too freakin' high.
3. Hellrack: 580.5 avg dmg - Why not: I'm not making a bowazon
4. Demon's Arch: 455.5 avg dmg - Why: Jabbing weapon, so I get normal block speeds, has the replenish mod so it can be ethereal for extra physical damage.

The fact that Demon's Arch could also be thrown helped solve that last problem that all melee characters face: how to deal with OK's.

Lastly, I got the name for Wahine when I clicked on the radio and started listening to the Beach Boys. It just seemed to fit.

Leveling and Observations
Jab compares nicely to Zeal. On one hand, I missed the fact that I couldn't hit multiple targets. On the other hand, I liked the fact that I could always focus all my damage on one target. Key when something needs to be dead, like any and all mummies.

3rd Mat now using twitch as my end-game armor. Just a wonderful armor since it fills so many needs.

The ability to go ranged also came in handy against monsters that liked to hit and run (Guest archers in hell a5, leapers, fallen, flayer blow darters, etc...) it saved me the danger of chasing them down and possibly running into more trouble.

I originally was going to use Goblin Toe but the loss in running speed seemed to fundamentally change the nature of the character. Running fast was crucial for this build in terms of casting speed, as strange as that might sound. Zon cast rate is so flippin' slow, I could only get my spells off if I ran behind a tank and slowly fired off my slow missiles or decoy. The longer it took to the run behind my tank, the more I ran the risk of getting pin-cushioned by missile fire.

My first non-barb character that made Mat/Pat without a death. Two recastable tanks, dodge/avoid/evade, and max block made Wahine a tough nut to crack. Closest I came to death was against the Hell Ancients. My merc killed FE Madawc right next to me and I lost about 99% of my bulb. FE Korlic was a little trickier since he kept jumping as I was throwing javelins at him once he was slivered.

Finds
I actually found a decent amount of uniques with Wahine. My best finds were the two nice resist charms listed below.

Code:
Sapphire Small Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xecd62ee8
+15 to Life
Cold Resist +10%

Ruby Small Charm of Strength
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x88e16145
+1 to Strength
Fire Resist +11%

Stats
Code:
Lvl 83
Jab Damage w/ Enchant+Might: 1094-2587
Throw Damage w/ Enchant+Might: 1184-2415
Jab AR w/ Enchant: 9428
Throw AR w/ Enchant: 7017
Life: 1260
Resists: 75/32/75/35
Max Block

Str: 76 | Dex: 95 | Vit: 319

20 Valk
20 Decoy
20 Penetrate
20 Jab
5 Avoid
5 Dodge
1 CS
1 SM

Gear
Code:
Guillame's 'resist all/max dmg jewel'
Highlord's Wrath
Eth Demon's Arch
Up'd Twitchthroe 'resist all jewel'
Up'd Moser's '2 pdiamonds'
LoH
Nos' Coil
Raven Frost
Dread Grip Ring*
Gore Rider
Demon Limb 'Hel' / Whitsan's on switch

Merc: Guillame's / Reaper's Toll / Duriel's

Dread Grip
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xc5008a68
+10 to Strength
+14 to Dexterity
+10 to Maximum Stamina
+50 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +22%
5% Mana stolen per hit

Last edited:
Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on Mar 29, 2011:

Matriarch Marzipan - Fuzzy Dodger

Matriarch Marzipan

The Planning Stage

Prior to my making Beast, I had 3 builds lined up. I've made 2 so far, a bone spirit/spear proc'ing bear necro and this mat: a fuzzy dodger. My previous tankazon, Wahine, was one of the most effective defensive builds I've tried. I was curious if werebear's added HP would makeup for the lack of tactical spell casting.

My gear was pretty standard melee kit. I planned on using my Beast zerker for my weapon. I went with Fortitude since Dodge/Avoid would handle damage reduction (you like that, Greebo? 😉). I went with Blackoak as my shield after Potter's suggestion in my pat thread for Cairn:

potter said:
Did you ever consider a Blackoak? same block rate, bit faster blocking. You need a bit more strength but you get more dex from it allowing for less hard points in general. Got great cold absorb and life per/lvl as well.

He's definitely right, Blackoak is great for bears since it has no enhanced blocking and a very high boost to block rate. The other stats are gravy.

I had no plans on making this zon a hybrid, so I knew all my points were going into the P&M tree. The questions were: which skills? And how many in each? I ended up using all my respecs on this build before I finished because I had a tough time finding the right skill allocation. Initially, I leveled as a standard strafer before respecing to this:

20 Dodge
20 Avoid
20 Penetrate
20 CS
Rest into Valk

Max Dodge is 56% and max Avoid is 65%. This turned out to be WAYYYY to much. Against one or two enemies, I was basically invincible. Against crowds, especially ranged crowds...well, I wasn't taking any damage, yes, but I couldn't do any myself and I couldn't run away either (what I came to refer to as "doing the Wile E.") Compounding the problem was that I was using my Beast zerker as my primary weapon. The damage on Beast is nice, but not par-tic-u-lar-ly fast.

Back to the drawing board. I did some testing on an old strafer with a respec left over and settled on a much much lower amount of Dodge and Avoid:

20 CS
20 Penetrate
20 Decoy
20 Valk
4 Dodge
3 Avoid

4 Dodge is 34% and 3 Avoid is 36%. Much better. I still able to enjoy all the defensive benefits but now I could actually attack and move. Why Decoy and Valk if I can't actually cast them in wereform? I personally love Decoy, it's one of my favorite skills in the game, so I was going to try and find a place for it on this build. In particularly tough areas, I'd walk around in human form and scout ahead with Decoy. Once the decoy got swarmed, I'd shapeshift and start picking off monsters on the edges. I just cast Valkyrie at the start of every play session and just let her roam around as she pleased. Any damage or tanking she did was gravy.

Leveling and Observations

Marzipan was a very effective character. Hard to even land a hit on, a big enough life bulb to soak up most any damage, and then sizable damage to leech it right back. I did bite the dust once. It was to Wyand Voidbringer sporting a conviction aura + my turning back into human form right as he was dieing + fire enchanted death explosion.

I initially didn't put any points into valk because casting her set off the timer on werebear, so I couldn't shapeshift immediately. I was initially planning on casting her ahead of me like with Decoy, but the delay felt like too much of disadvantage. Once I died in the previously-mentioned encounter - I decided to max valk and let her follow me around, hoping she'd get be able to soak up some damage. A maxed valk with a maxed decoy synergy has ~3800 life. Throw in the fact that she uses my dodge and avoid, and you have an nigh-unkillable tank. She never died or even really came close. Valks move pretty slowly but I didn't need her when I was steamrolling through most monsters. When I did run up against something that slowed me down, the valk had time to catch and start tanking. So it ended up working out.

I switched my primary weapon to a Grief phase blade after the second respec, and wow! I was smashing through Hell at pace much faster then I was used to for a single target attack build. If Fort + Grief does this much damage on a build with almost no enhanced damage, I can see how destructive the combination would get with cookie cutters with multi-hit attacks.

Was a fuzzy dodger as effective as a jabbing tankazon? Not quite. The huge boost in life (over 2000 hp) did not offset the advantage of being able to control the battlefield with the zon's castable tanks. Sure, I would cast an initial decoy as the battle started, but if it poofed while I still fighting, then simply went without until I finished fighting everything off. It was too much trouble to unshift, cast decoy, then shift back. Also, being able to cast a hard-as-nails valkyrie EXACTLY where I needed her to be, was also a sorely-missed tactic.

Stats
Code:
Lvl 83

Fire/Physical/Poison damage w/ enchant + might + venom: 1089-1811
AR w/ enchant: 6499
6 fpa

Life (in bear form): 3355
Resists: 75/75/80/75
CTB: 32%
Str: 64 | Dex: 55 | Vit: 371

Gear
Code:
Kira's 'Shael'
Viper Torc amulet*
'Grief' Phase Blade
'Fortitude' Archon Plate
Blackoak Shield 'Shael'
Bloodfist
Credendum
Gore Rider
Corruption Eye ring*
Rune Band ring*
Switch: 'Beast' Berserker Axe / Eth 'Spirit' Monarch

7 sharp gc's | 7 fine/resist sc's

Might Merc: Reaper's | Duriel's | Guillame's

Viper Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0xdede4c7a
+19 to Strength
+17 to Dexterity
+54 to Life
+16 to Mana
All Resistances +20
Fire Resist +7%

Corruption Eye
Ring
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x8e80bde2
3% Life stolen per hit
+15 to Strength
+14 to Life
All Resistances +10
Lightning Resist +27%
Damage Reduced by 2

Rune Band
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xfc10941
Item Level: 91
5% Life stolen per hit
+13 to Strength
+9 to Dexterity
+3 to Mana
Cold Resist +11%

Last edited:
Originally posted by Toppo on Mar 30, 2005:

You wanted it - Matted Daggerzon!

Shamelessly cut&pasted from another place:

I made it! My Daggerzon killed Hell Baal this morning.

In the begining she was supposed to be a Tankazon wielding sword and shield but after realizing how long the blocking animation was with a swinging weapon I decided to give her a dagger instead.

Big thanks to SnakeEyeS* for the free Fleshripper.

She died only once and that was due my own stubborness; I tried to beat a FE Madawc. It was close, very close. He had only a sliver of life (other Ancients were already dead) left when FE-bug struck. Oh well, one can't win always

And the stats are here:

Matriarch Sephrenia the Daggerzon
Character level : 79

Skillpoints:
Inner Sight & Slow Missiles 1
Critical Strike 13 (59%)
Dodge 12 (50%)
Avoid 7 (50%)
Evade 6 (40%)
Decoy 10
Penetrate & Valkyrie 20

Statpoints without equipment:
Str 110
Dex 165
Vitality 195
Nrg: base

Equipment:
Guillaume's Face (plain IAS jewel)
Immortal King's Forge
Immortal King's Detail
Angelic Wings
Angelic Halo
Lionheart
Gorerider
Ravenfrost

+ Fine GCs of something and SCs with resists and attack rating & max dmg & life

Weapon switch 1:
Fleshripper (32% ED jewel)
Stormshield (Um)

Statpoints with gear/weapon switch 1:
Str 227
Dex 229
Vit 216
Life 1091

Resists:
Fire 43
Cold 75
Lightning 75
Poison 23

75% chance to block

Hits the second last bp (8 frames per attack)

CB = 75%
DS = 63%
OW = 60%

Dmg: 283 - 1244 (+312 psn dmg over 11 secs)

Weapon switch 2:
Spineripper (Shael)
Tiamat's Rebuke (pdiamond)

Hits the last bp (7fpa). And that's pretty fast stabbing.

Sephrenia used the Fleshripper most of the time and switched to Spineripper & Tiamat's for PIs.

Ryann the Fire Rogue Merc:
Delirium Tiara (borrowed from Darkwell, thanks mate)
Crow Caw (for IAS & OW)
Kuko Shakaku (upgraded & socketed with a Shael)

Dmg: 274 - 804

Valk had 2992 life 👏

Had no real problems finishing the game. Unless you count the slow killing speed as one.

Playing tactics were simple. If fighting against melee monsters I cast Decoy behind the couple of first monsters that come at Sephrenia's direction. Stab the first monsters to death while the others are whacking the Decoy. Rinse and repeat.

Same tactics with ranged opponents. Cast Decoy somewhere else than between the monsters and the character. Then stab as fast as possible. Used Slow Missiles when necessary.

Burning Souls were no problem. With Decoy, Valk and the dodging skills they hardly ever hit her. Only when the Confuse from the Delirium didn't trigger frequently enough I had some trouble. Couple of packs of Burning Souls and Succubi suddenly starting to shoot at one direction, anyone?

*this joke never gets old

The Proof (1 , 2 , 3) for this build really was a Passive and Magic tree only

And that's it.

... I finished the game with Normal Attack! :p

Any questions? I'll try to answer them :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Vildecor on Aug 10, 2019:

Matriarch Zaira - Passivezon

A Little History

I've made no secret of my love for amazons. My dirty little secret, however, is just how much I fell in love with passivezons over the last few years. It all started while I was keeping up with @Pb_pal's progress with Calabi, his 2-handed Passion-wielding passivezon in the Passive Aggressive tournament. It reminded me how much I still wanted to try out the build. Especially after remembering....WAY back when in the D2 Build Elimination thread, I had cast a vote for the passivezon as one of my two least favorite builds after never having even tried it. The admonition in that same thread stuck with me for quite a while:

Cygnus said:
There should be a rule against voting against a build you have never tried :rolleyes: How many of you that have voted against a passivezon has actually played one?

So I saw @kesteg's Committed Tournament and figured it would be a good playground to get my first passivezon going. She did better than I thought, making it to the Pits in Hell before dying due to bad play. That death hit me harder than I had expected, as I had become quite attached to the character.

Fast forward 2.5 years later and I decided to make an entry in @Kitteh's Untwinked 99er reboot, going with a passivezon. Hardcore. Evidence is right here for mental instability! :p

Celia went quite further than my previous attempts, ultimately crafting a Passion Conquest Sword and Fortitude Great Hauberk and taking on the pits before dying due to bad play. This death was tough to swallow as well, due to the time spent farming runes and finally getting to the point where I felt she was doing very well. My follow-up entrant, a LFzon also bit the dust early (NM Mephsito), so I decided it might make more sense to attempt a 99 run in SC first, seeing as my endgame play time experience was still rather limited.

So, true to my decision, Zaira was built towards the view of trying out the build in a twinked setting. I don't quite remember when I began the character, but she has been seeing playtime on and off probably ever since my untwinked 99er Furyzon started collecting gear. Zaira has been the character I gravitate to when I get tired of playing tournament characters, or just need a break from another character. I do remember she was less than level 30 when I came back from my post-RFL break a couple months ago.

The Playthrough

I do not recall some of her early twinked gear, whether she went with Sigon's or not. She upgraded from a Steel Two-Handed Sword to Shadowfang and then to Soulflay. At level 30, she switched to a Bloodletter and Rhyme Bone Shield and her journey really began in earnest. She kept Aliza, Fire Rogue, and equipped her with Riphook. Nightmare difficulty was sped through quickly, with a max-level Valk destroying all opposition.

My plans were to outfit her with both Grief and Fortitude, and to give Aliza a Faith bow. The Jah rune I found from RFL round 2 went to a Faith Blade Bow. I still lacked two Lo runes to make the other two. After defeating Mephisto on Hell difficulty, I briefly planned to run LK with her to get the missing Lo runes, along with an Ohm for CtA. At this point I felt I had too many other character commitments with other tournaments to justify spending too much time running LK for the runes when she could just as easily finish her journey and likely benefit from the finds of another character down the road.

Bloodletter was replaced with Blood Moon, Rhyme was replaced with a Shael'd Stormshield. Faith was equipped on Aliza when she hit 65, and that, more than anything else, made me want to take her all the way to the end. I ended up making a Harmony Blade Bow to deal with physical immunes after continually failing to find any elite sword bases to make Lawbringer.

I don't remember her normal Hellforge drop. NM Forge was a Pul, Hell was an Ist.

She only experienced two deaths. First was in NM Sewers when she took 2 successive, unblocked doll explosions while amped. The second was in the Frozen River when, after taking shots from Gloams, a Prowling Dead's charge finished her off. Otherwise she was generally very safe with max block, D/A/E, max Valkyrie and max Decoy.

Lister rolled Physical/Fire Immune. The worst roll since not even my mercenary could damage him. Rather than park him, I unloaded 3.5 stacks of arrows at him with Melody. Baal was much easier, thanks to the Crushing Blow from Guillame's.

sN2MHD1.jpg

Stats, Gear, Skills
Code:
Name:       Zaira
Experience: 762086284
Level:      81

Naked/Gear
Strength:   116/207
Dexterity:  154/184
Vitality:   210/230
Energy:     15/27
HP:         840/1005
Mana:       135/175
Stamina:    354/354
Defense:    38/1194
AR:         740/1353

Fire:       184/144/84
Cold:       149/109/49
Lightning:  175/135/75
Poison:     89/49/-11

MF:         0       Block:      75
GF:         10       FR/W:       20
FHR:        45       IAS:        20
FCR:        0

1584850015697.png

The lack of poison resist was probably the biggest pain. Enemies like Radament causes many trips to town to heal, since not even health pots could outpace the poison damage.

Code:
Magic Arrow: 0/0
Fire Arrow: 0/0
Cold Arrow: 0/0
Multiple Shot: 0/0
Exploding Arrow: 0/0
Ice Arrow: 0/0
Guided Arrow: 0/0
Strafe: 0/0
Immolation Arrow: 0/0
Freezing Arrow: 0/0

Inner Sight: 1/2
Critical Strike: 15/16
Dodge: 5/6
Slow Missiles: 1/2
Avoid: 5/6
Penetrate: 20/21
Decoy: 20/21
Evade: 5/6
Valkyrie: 20/21
Pierce: 0/0

Jab: 0/0
Power Strike: 0/0
Poison Javelin: 0/0
Impale: 0/0
Lightning Bolt: 0/0
Charged Strike: 0/0
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 0/0
Lightning Strike: 0/0
Lightning Fury: 0/0

Helm: Guillame's Face
Armor: 'Lionheart' Mage Plate
Belt: String of Ears
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Boots: Rare - 20% FRW/10% FHR/30 LR/35 FR
Amulet: Chromatic Amulet (29 all res)
Ring 1: Blood Craft - 3LL/15 STR/19 life/5 LR/1 MPK
Ring 2: Ravenfrost (212 AR/15 dex)

Weapon 1: Blood Moon
Shield 1: Stormshield (Shael)
Weapon 2: 'Harmony' Blade Bow

Steel (110) Grand Charm of Sustenance (26)
Sharp GC (+9 max/74 AR) of Sustenance (25)
Sharp GC (+10 max/67 AR) of Strength (6)
Acrobatic GC of Sustenance (28)
Tangerine (5) SC of Vita (17)
Snowy SC of Balance
Ruby (10) SC of Greed
Amber (10) SC of Greed
Amber (11) SC

55% FBR meant a 10 frame block rate, just 1% shy of reaching the lowest 9 frame block rate with swinging weapons. Quite slow blocking, but I never found it much of an issue. I let the valk and decoy tank while I killed everything on the fringes so that I was only being attacked by 1 or 2 mobs.

Code:
Name:       Aliza
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Fire - Normal
Experience: 53800884
Level:      81

Naked/Gear
Strength:   133/133
Dexterity:  201/201
HP:         1320/1380
Defense:    1102/2008
AR:         2183/657083

Fire:       188/148/88
Cold:       182/142/82
Lightning:  177/137/77
Poison:    153/113/53

Helm: eth Rockstopper (Rusty Jewel of Fervor)
Armor: Shaftstop
Weapon: 'Faith' Blade Bow (lvl 15 Fanaticism)

1584849933687.png

I was VERY happy with my perfect roll on this! The IAS tables for level 14/15 Fanaticism look like they're missing numbers, so I can't tell if I was able to hit the 7 or 8 frame attack with 20 IAS and a [-10] speed weapon, but judging from the numbers in the level 13 Fanat table, I'm going to assume it was 7 frames.

Future Plans

Level 99, of course! In reality, though, I really want to see what her performance will be like when kitted out with Grief and either Fortitude or CoH. I never expect her to outperform a Fanatic Zealot of course, but there's some indefinable kind of fun in playing this kind of character. I happen to have another level 30 passivezon waiting for me to be finished. She is untwinked HC and will likely follow in the footsteps of my first untwinked 99er attempt, though I doubt she'll actually make the push to level 99.

If you have never tried this build, it is one I can definitely recommend.

Last edited:
Reactions: entwilighter
Originally posted by VoX Dei on Oct 23, 2010:

Matriarch Atalanta, Berserkzon

Matriarch Atalanta, lvl 84 Berserkzon

It's been a while since my last post here. RL calls, summertime, etc you know how it goes. Anyway, the D2 addiction ain't over, and here's the proof, another Mat.

Concept

I believe high D/A/E blends perfectly with Berserk. Hence, Atalanta was born. Berserk unlike Fend it's not a multi-hit skill, so it keeps D/A/E bug triggering minimal. Normal attack was used for the same reason and for refills. Valk, Decoy, Slow Missiles, and runeword curses ('Delirium' and 'Passion') kept the monsters at safe distance. Finally, the weapon of choice was a spear, due to the superior range, damage, and especially speed (Amas zerk at 10fpa with 2handers with the exception of spears which are 1 frame faster in their hands).

Stats

Demi-Titaness build: unfortunately spears take dex to equip.

Code:
80% IAS + lvl 14 Fanaticism => 9 fpa Berserk/standard attack
52% FHR => 6 fph

Atalanta LCS

Skills

Passive and Magic:

20 Penetrate, Valkyrie
19 Critical Strike
11 D/A/E
1 Inner Sight, Slow Missiles, Decoy

Equipment

'Passion War Pike' <= most lovely result at only 3rd try :)
Kira's Guardian 77@ res after shimmering jool of fervor
'Fortitude' AP 27@ res
Imp Grip Gloves
Verdungo's 39/15
Upped Gore Rider
Highlord's Wrath
Bul-Kathos 5%
Order Hold Ring
'CtA' War Scepter & 'Spirit' Monarch on switch
Assorted dual mod charms consisting mostly of +max, ar/life & fhr, resists/life & fhr
Demonlimb in stash

Mercenary: Iantha, the Fire Rogue

'Faith' Great Bow
'Delirium' Tiara
Greyform Dusk Shroud (21% LR, 15% ias)

9fpa / 11 fph

10 out of 10

Atalanta literally went berserk and I liked it! She came, she saw, she conquered.

As usual, thanks for reading. Regards.
VoX Dei

Last edited:
Originally posted by Caly on Sep 18, 2008:

Martriarch Cal, and introduction

Hi there SPF. 👋 I'm another one of those long-time lurker types, I've been hanging around these forums for a couple years but I've been too shy to post. But I guess a new Mat is as good a reason to delurk as any.

Been playing D2 for about four years, with some long breaks in between (mostly to play WoW, which I recently quit permanently-- great game but too much of a timesink for me). I originally started playing D2 on my ex's computer, and when we broke up I decided to start fresh. This is actually my second character to beat Hell, my first being my Meteorb sorc, Ali, who I now use for MFing. I admit I don't really love the Meteorb playstyle, but it was a good character to start off with and play untwinked. I like this new char much better.

Matriarch Cal, level 83 TS/DTail Assassin

Skills:
20 Tiger Strike, DTail, Phoenix Strike
3 Weapon Block
5 Shadow Master
4 BoS
Single points in Death Sentry, Blade Fury, Fade, Mind Blast, DFlight
Prereqs

Gear:
Kira's Guardian
Amulet w/+1 skills, lightning res, AR, life
Lionheart
Bartuc's x2 (Demon Limb on switch)
Dracul's Grasp
Wilhelm's (was using String of Ears originally but I needed the mana leech)
Raven Frost
Rare ring w/AR, all res, and life leech
Crafted Myrmidons w/FRW and res (Hell Meph's given me 4 Shakos but no Gore Riders, what gives)
AR & res charms

Blessed Aim merc w/Reaper's Toll, Shaftstop, Vamp Gaze

So, pretty basic build, I guess-- I am not sure what to do with additional skill points, I'm thinking I'll either dump them in SM or DS. Overall she was really fun to play and really didn't have any issues anywhere. PIs were no problem thanks to Phoenix Strike and Decrep. I expected Chaos Sanctuary in Hell to give me problems but with Blade Fury it was pretty easy (didn't have DS yet). I did reroll Hell Ancients once. Throne was kind of a pain (OKs and Gloams :doh:) but I just took it really slowly and eventually killed everything. In comparison, Baal's minions and Baal himself were cake. :smug:

Next char will probably be a Fishyzon I guess. I would like to Mat/Pat every class, and then maybe try out some odd builds or something. The SPF tournaments look fun too.

Hmm. Did I forget anything? Anyway, thanks to everyone who posts here, for all the great info and stuff. This seems like a pretty good community. And I will be hurt if someone doesn't kick my shins. :yes:

Originally posted by ch1zra on Nov 1, 2011:

Matriarch Snajka - Nat PS assassin

Oh yes, finaly I've forced myself to make one, and I don't regret it at all. She was a fun character to play, although I don't see any real future for her. But nevermind that, let's do some stats:

Class : Assassin
Name : Snajka
clvl : 81

Stats (base/items) :
STR : 130 / 158
DEX : 135 / 200
VIT : 205 / 241
ENE : 25 / 38

Life : 1135
Mana : 207
Defense : 1868

All resistances 75%

5 stat points left unspent.

Skills (base/items) :
PS 20 / 25
FOF 20 / 25
CoT 17 / 22
BoI 8 / 13
CM 2
BoS 8

Phoenix Strike DMG :
Charge 1 - Meteor damage : 1590-1806
Fire Explosion Damage : 1457-1539 per second
Charge 2 - Chain Lightning damage: 3-3531
Charge 3 - Chaos Ice Bolt damage: 432-477

AR (normal / demon limb)
PS AR : 4982 / 7819
Normal atk AR: 2606 / 5438

1 point went into Tiger, Cobra, all dragons, all traps up to and including DS, up to MB, fade and SW.

Gear Readout:
Nat helm (empty socket)
Had body (Shael x 2, Jewel : Lightning Resist +19%, 7% Faster Hit Recovery)
Nat boots
Nat Claw (empty socket)
Jade Talon (41 res all)
Draculs gloves
Ravenfrost
Rare ring*
Cats eye
Verdungos

* rare ring :

Code:
Bitter Eye
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x80a95bbe
+13 to Energy
+100 to Attack Rating
+4 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +8
8% Life stolen per hit

MERCENARY
Barbarian hired at Normal
Tal Helm
Guardian Angel

Code:
Kingslayer
Balrog Blade
'MalUmGulFal'
One-Hand Damage: 49 to 247
Two-Hand Damage: 181 to 389
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Dexterity: 87
Required Strength: 185
Fingerprint: 0x491af2ca
+10 to Strength
+230% Enhanced Damage
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Vengeance
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
50% Chance of Open Wounds
33% Chance of Crushing Blow

I regret using Barb merc, but I had to use it with some class eventually, so PS-er it was. if I had to choose again, I'd definitelly go with Blessed Aim A2 merc.

Skill distribution may seem a bit awkward, but I just nuked up BoS in early levels, and I wanted to respec to get max dmg from those wasted points. But I found out that I am having fun and killing effficient enough the way I am so I decided not to respec.
Thus 8 BoS and 2 CM.
As for rest I maxed FoF first, then PS, then I nuked CoT, and after some point went CoT and BoI evenly.

Gameplay:
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
I've found myself using Meteor charge most of all others. I ENJOYED watching meteors falling from skies one after another. MB came usefull in 2 deaths (one after another in frozen river and some nasty boss packs of snakes and skele mages). Cloak of Shadows was abused frequently. Man I love that skill!
Usual routine was to release 3-4 meteors and then lay DS arround and watch everything drop dead.
I've ran through Hell not shaking what I'll see arroung next corner, I was eager to burn to death everything behind every corner :D

Regarding on how to tell number of charges, it becomes second nature after a while, and ITD on claw makes it a lot easier.
Only downside of build is claw req on clvl 79, I equiped it just before Hell Travincal.

As for empty sockets on most parts of gear, I had no idea what to socket lol. I've maxed resists with shimerring GC's, needed no physical dmg at all (at some point I even considered Eth for claw (for bossess)). Then I decided to reach 86 FHR, and thus helm/claw remained empty.

Anyway, a character with 9/10 overall grade, on both efficiency and fun. I totaly recommend it to every1.

Originally posted by ch1zra on Jan 3, 2012:

Matriarch Dracona - She kicks like a Beast!

Allrighty then :)
Some time ago I've started my dTalon kicksin.
I've played her back then, but then at some point I've left her sitting in outer cloister Hell A1.
This morning I got up fairly early, and after dozen or so Pindle runs with my Blizz, I've decided to stop pindling, and to make my Dracona a matriarch.
And I've did it (within some 7-8 hours from A1 outer cloister to Hell Baal).

And here come the numbers (base/after items):

Name: Dracona
clvl: 81
Type: Kicksin

STR : 155 / 204
DEX : 110 / 131
VIT : 205 / 241
ENE : 25 / 35
(5 points remaining)

Life : 980
Mana : 202

Resistances were all 75 after Fade, and that's what matters.

Skills were :

Martial arts:
Tiger 6 (god knows why, I never used it except at start, but I was lazy to respec (she did fine anyway))
Cobra 1 (same at start only, later on I didn't used it)
Talon 20 (main skill, it rox!)
Claw, Tail, Flight 1 (prereqs to flight, which is excellent mass teleport, and nothing else IMO)

Traps :
All but wake of infero got 1 point, wake got none. DS is the law, but this build is effective even without it (although it speeds up things greatly. DS is a good skill.)

Shadow disciplines:
all 1, Venom and shadow master 20, and Fade 5.
I was pumping fade later on, and it was my main aura. Venom I pumped early on, but later I never used it. Just kept forgetting to cast it. So the build works without Venom like a charm :)

Damage with dTalon (with might and fanata) was 930-1582., and AR was 8652.

Gear:
Head - Guillaume's Face (1 free socket, I never really decided what to socket in it)
Body - Boneweave Duress (hands down for this one, it has CB, OW, FHR, resists, dmg... I love this RW)
Belt - Verdungos (DR%, life... good one)
Gloves : Soul Finger (rare, look below)
Boots : Upped GoreRider (GO GO MYRMIDON!!)
Rings : Ravenfrost (CBF) / Carrion wind (lifeleech, frequent twisters for ministuns)
Amulet : Atma's scarab (for that sweet Amp to kick in)
Shield : Mossers with 2x pDiamonds
Weapon : Beast war axe (my personal "somewhat" fail, but later on about that)

On switch I had dual Bartucs, nothing special.

Merc had semi-crappy gear : Vampgaze, Duriels shell and Husoldal-Evo.

So, the infamous Beast in a War Axe.
Yep, I made that for my skelliemancer, and I've made it in a War Axe 'cause of low reqs. He used it, and had fun, then I decided to give it to my Dracona for a spin, and she loved it!

As you can see, I haven't really bothered with this build, with skill allocation, perfect gear combinations, etc...
If you ask yourself why, I will tell you. Actually I will tell you anyway.
It's because this build is awesome.
Sure I've had deaths, but who cares, strategy was :
1. keep Fade up all time, at all costs.
2. Cloak of Shadows > enter the fray, spread few DS if you remember, and you are victorious.
3. Dragon Flight frequently to keep your minions close to you.

The enemies that I always consider dangerous were absolutely laughable.

1. Ancients ?
I lold. Just click-locked them 1 by 1, drank 2 rejuvs and 5 manas (madaws was manaburner, damned be)

2. Baal minions ?
spread few DS before they spawn, spam CoS RIGHT after they spawn, kick in and obliterate. (not a single hydra showed up on wave 3)

3. Lister and his friends ?
Cos - kick = dead minions
I owned even decrepified :)

4. Baal ?
few manadrains meant nothing, once Amp kicked in he cried like a little girl.

What I would change if I was to play this again ?
1. shadow master. her mindblast freaked me out. 90% of thetime I was just about to kill a mob, when she converted him. That was damn annoying.
2. 1 pt into tiger/cobra, I'd get my Fade higher, or maybe even fireblast for 1 shot more of DS.

overall rating of build : 9/10

Thanx for reading, and sorry because layout is so chaotic :D

Originally posted by Colorless Green on Oct 12, 2008:

Matriarch ChunLi, Kicker

Matriarch ChunLi, Level 83 DTalon Assassin

Str: 87 (156)
Dex: 60 (105)
Vit: 333 (338)
Ene: 25 (30)

DTalon Damage: 959-1648
DTalon AR: 9590
Lightning Sentry Damage: 1-1688
Death Sentry Damage: 1-1475
Life: 2324
Mana: 377
Resists: 75/75/80/75

Skills:
Venom: 20 (26)
Weapon Block: 4 (10)
Dragon Talon: 18 (25)
Lightning Sentry: 20 (25)
Death Sentry: 20 (25)
Traps Pre-Reqs: 1 (6)
All other Shadow skills: 1 (7)

Equip:
Guillaume's Face (Um)
Fortitude Archon Plate
Dracul's Grasp
Nosferatu's Coil
Upped Gore Rider
Mara's Kaliedoscope
Raven Frost
Ghoul Touch Ring (44 mana, 120 AR, 16 LR, 3 LL, 4 ML, 7 life replen)
Bartuc's Cut-Throat (Resist Jewel)
Jade Talon (Resist Jewel)
CtA/Sigon's on switch

Might Merc: eth Insight Thresher, eth Treachery Diamond Mail, Vampire Gaze

Well, I may as well start with the good. This char was extremely durable given her life pool and weapon block (not to mention life tap triggering nearly constantly with DTalon or the assassin crowd control skills) - deaths in hell consisted of one from IM (carelessness) and one from dolls (carelessness + DS). She also killed pretty quickly (though not unbelievably so), and a maxed DS does wonder for crowds. I played p3 for acts I-III, and only dropped down for IV-V because I started to get tired of her and just wanted to finish.

That being said, she wasn't really the world's most fun, as I found her rather one-dimensional. She wasn't annoying to play like some things I've done, there just wasn't really any variation, but without the fun of extremely rapid high-p-setting pwnage of some of the more common one-dimensional chars (blizz, etc). Pretty much every fight for all of hell consisted of picking out the most readily available target (preferably the highest HP one), DT'ing away and letting CB trigger until it goes down, then setting a DS to let all his little friends follow. Given the amount of CB, the speed, and the relatively low damage, there wasn't really any difference in kill speed regardless of what I was up against. And given the maxed resists, high life pool, and 50% across the board block, nothing was really dangerous. The whole way through was just hold-down-left-click-right-click-once-walk-a-bit.

Ancients were easy - no particularly scary mods (though two mana burns and one FE), so it was just three different namelocks then waiting for CB to do it's work. Minions were fine, though I had to run around a bit for lister, since when six of them get going, I don't get very far into my DTalon cycles, and DT depends on hitting a lot, fast. Baal was a complete non-entity - I namelocked and then didn't even look back at the screen until he was dead. Oddly, I think the biggest challenge I faced was the p8 NM baal runs I did before starting hell (lister in particular). The damage was so low (even with upped gores), and the CB didn't really factor in much, so it became tedious, and quite easy to get stunlocked to death.

So, no particularly good finds, Io from hell hellforge (boo). All in all, meh. Middle of the pack.

Next up is a race between a singer, a lightning zon, a whirlwind sin, and a skeleton magi necro. Place your bets.

-CG

Originally posted by @Corax on Apr 25, 2008:

Matriarch Isabella

been along time since i've posted one of these. well here go's

Name: Isabella
Class: Assassin
Level: 79

Stats: with gear(without gear)
Str:146(79)
dex:126(79)
vit:314(307)
nrg:32(base)
life:1290(1127)
mana:142(556)

Skills:
Fire Blast:20(37)
wake of fire:20(37)
wake of inferno:20(37)
Death sentry:17(33)
All shadow skills:1(13)
No MA

Damage:
Fire Blast:3075-3625
Wake of fire:823-932
wake of inferno:3196-3520
death sentry:1-770

Gear:
Weapon: Dual Bartuc's
Helm: 2 p'topaz shako
Armour: Chains of honour archon plate
Gloves: magefist
Boots: silkweave
Belt: lenymo(upp'd to demonhide sash)
Amulet: Mara's
Ring:dual Stone of jordan
Charms: 4x Trapping GC's

Merc
NM Holy freeze
Um'd Vamp gaze
Eth duriels shell
Shael reapers toll

I did have an arachnid mesh waiting for her but made mat before 80 so ./shrug.
alrighty run down on how she goes. wake of fire + fire blast slaughtered anything not FI. and death sentry + merc + shadow master + my own venom'd bartucs was more than ample for any FI's.
Chaos sanctuary was slow going because i took my mercs weap off and there are FI venom lords and Knights.
All of the act bosses were cake. just BoS and run laps around them, throw up 5 wake of infernos then lob fire blasts.
Ancients were easy. Korlic and Madawc both non-FI so i just run around spamming wake of fire. then the merc and master pinned down talic and i threw up death sentries and got stuck in with venom(i love venom):jig:
Lister was a bit slow going due to being all FI, but i just kept em mindblast locked and no problems.

Overall a solid finisher. not uber but solid. untwinked would be a different story requiring you to maybe max lightning sentry aswell.

Gonna equip some MF and have a go at running andy, seeing how quickly she died first time. hell you may even see her in a pvp match.:wink2:

Originally posted by DeathAndDecay on Aug 6, 2010:

Matriarch GhostOfWar - 2h TS/DFlight Assassin

Don't expect an interesting write-up cause my english is very poor...
Okay, let me speak now: I have a HF paladin whose NM hellforge was Pul(he's boring, so I left him to rot in hell A1), Sorc whose forge was Mal. Then the only thing came to my mind was to make an 'Oath' 2h sword and start a necro who focuses on ctc Bone Spirit as main damage source. Although I decided not to do this cause it would be the most boring char i ever played(no back up skills or something, just plain attack all the way). In the meanwhile was running hell countess and cows for any kind of eth 4os 2h sword and runes(mainly Lum). I found that Lum along with Fal, few Pul's, Io's, Lem's and Ko's. Only needed a sword, so I ran cows and found a Lo! :shocked: This drop turned everything upside down - I made a 'Fortitude' in a great hauberk. Odd, but I also found an eth 4os superior 14%ed colosuss sword for that 'Oath' I dreamed of. :shocked:
Big damage numbers associated with Tiger Strike, so forgot the necro and assassin let it be.

Oath
GhostOfWar's Superior Colossus Sword
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 156 to 421
Two-Hand Damage: 364 to 725
Required Dexterity: 85
Required Strength: 172
Required Level: 60
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x12397d88
+10 to Energy
+287% Enhanced Damage
+14% Enhanced Damage
Increase Maximum Durability 10%
50% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+14 Magic Absorb
Indestructible
30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (19/20 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

ortitude
Great Hauberk
'ElSolDolLo'
Defense: 1515
Durability: 46 of 50
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x2f6c65ed
+200% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Fire Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +26%
Cold Resist +26%
Poison Resist +26%
Replenish Life +7
+1 to Light Radius
25% Faster Cast Rate
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+108 to Life (Based on Character Level)

I wanted to make her HC, but I don't have patience for it and teleporting in a middle of monsters with DFlight isn't very safe for HC.

Stats:
Level 79 (cause she was a one damn of a boring character to play, meaning i was more running than killing)
Naked/with gear
Str -155/174
Dex - 20/94
Vit - 290/290
Ene - 25/35

Damage with might and forti: 2899 - 5758
Damage with TS 3rd charge - something like(forgot) 8k - 16k
AR - 1613, with charged TS - 4032
TStrike AR - 4000

DFlight damage: 855 - 1310, with TS 3rd charge 2281 - 3412
DF AR 10242, with TS 3rd charge 12662

Defence:
1918, 4123 with Chilling Armor

Resistance:
Base in hell/in hell with fade
69/75
-31/33
-4/60
-22/42

Her HP/MP: 1325/227

Skills:
Traps: none.
Shadow Disciplines: 20 Fade, 20 Shadow Master, no Venom and MB, others at 1
Martial Arts: Tiger Strike 20, Dragon Flight 20, Cobra Strike 1, no other skills.

Game progress:
Normal: She used some random parts of Sigon's and Cathan's sets and equiped her endgame amulet and 1 ring at lvl 12 -combo of Angelic ammy and ring. She use Felloak untill 13, then equiped her first 2h sword - 'steel' claymore, then Soulflay at 19, which was upped at level 35. She used Bladebuckle, Crow Caw, Rockstopper, Iceblink and stuff like that...
Aldur's boots and Ravenfrost became available here...
No deaths at normal, but boss fights wer long and boring cause me and my merc lacked CB.
Nightmare: It became a bit harder and slower until mid A3, where I equiped that 'oath', forti, Nat's helm, LoH, 'Obedience' for merc... First time died here in A2 from a pack of lightning scarabs. There wer more deaths in this dificulty, bet cant remember them.
Hell: Here i noticed how effective CB against bosses is.
Died like 30 times, mainly in A4-5, cause GhostOfWar became boring and I started to play reckless. :\

Endgeme gear:
'oath' colosuss sword
'fortitude' great hauberk
Aldur's advance
Natalya's Totem
Ravenfrost
Angelic combo
Tal Rasha's belt
Laying of Hands
Weapon2: Carrion Horn
Rondel
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 37
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Dexterity: 58
Required Level: 24
Dagger Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xb647587b
+44% Enhanced Damage
Level 2 Confuse (75/75 Charges)
Socketed (1: 0 used)
Used it for confuse charges, was mostly useful in A3 hell and against Infector of Soul's pack.

Merc: Vampire Gaze, Duriel's Shell, 'Obedience' Cryptic Axe.
He's damage was something like: 6xx - 22xx

Finds: Pul from NM forge and Fal from Hell forge.
Brown Jewel of Fervor in normal A5
Expert's Grand Charm of Strength(+3) somewhere in NM
Steeldriver(168%ED)
Trang-Oul's Claws in Hell A1
Bonehew(312%ED)
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye from hell Ball
And this: Ruby Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x2cf6ada2
+38% Enhanced Damage
:cool:

Don't know what to say... 😁

Thanks for reading guys!

Originally posted by Disco-neck Ted on Jan 25, 2006:

Matriarch "Lust": 1.07 Headhunter Assassin

At level 70, Lust, the Hellslayer-wielding assassin, decapitated her way through the Worldstone Keep and achieved Matriarch. She was accompanied by Telash, Act III Fire Mage. Lust is cut from the same cloth as the wiry and durable assassins of legend, able to take a lot of punishment, shake off the blows and still prevail.

This was a fun, if underpowered, character due to the "odd couple" pairing of an assassin with an Iron Wolf (a magekiller and a mage?). Still, it was a blast to see them in action. The guy had guts given his base hit points of around 400, and actually survived the fight with the ancients. Sometimes when the forces of evil were crowding him, he'd actually poke them back with his sword. Together, they withstood everything the game had to throw at them, although sometimes this involved a "strategic retreat".

Skills:

20 Tiger Strike
20 Death Sentry
20 Shadow Master
6 Dragon Talon
1 Mind Blast
1 Burst Of Speed
1 Cloak of Shadows

Stats (with gear):

210 Strength
33 Dexterity
389 Vitality
25 Energy

1460 Life/260 Mana

Gear:

Vampire Gaze (Um)
Hellslayer (Shae)
Skin of the Vipermagi
Laying of Hands
String of ears
IK Piller (for the AR)

And some nice rare jewelry with resists and leech. Not enough resists, though: 25% Fire, 3% cold, 44% lightning, -5% Poison in Hell.

Telash''s Gear:

5-Socket crystal sword with jewels giving 90+ life
Jeweller's Full Plate of the Centaur (4 Prubies)
Artisan's Mask of the Mammoth (3 Prubies)
3-socket kite shield (3 Pdiamonds)

The secret to keeping him alive was +life gear and plenty of it. He used Viceratuant early in the game (+80 life) and borrowed Harlequin Crest (+40% life) for the final bits of Act V. This gave a total of ~900 life, or ~1100 with the shako, and maxed resists.

The Um in the Gaze came from Lust's Hell Hellforge award, which is embarassing since she debased herself in killing Hephasto with psychic hammer and probly deserved an El. On the other hand, she is the total killer and gets the job done by whatever means necessary.

The Headhunter would draw the cloak of night over enemy eyes, leaving them blind and helpless against mind blasts shredding their reason. And when the death sentries were humming, fireballs flying, bodies exploding, Shadow Master teleporting hither and yon, Lust would step in with the axe of doom... then red, red death.

Special thanks to Sir Warkov for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Elfie on May 30, 2007:

Yep, Matriarch Kitty-Kat, melee assasin

I started this char long ago. Actually, she was my first good char. She was built specially for duel (she won it, when she was lvl 75). A long time passed (a half a year or so) and I decided to finish her. Today Kitty-Kat became my first melee Mat/Pat. Please, welcome Kitty-Kat - dragon claw/tigerstrike assasin

Matriarch Kitty-Kat
Str 98(167)
Dex 103(155)
Vit 279
Enr 25

Life 1215
Mana 146

Skills:
Tigerstrike 20(28)
Dragon Claw 20(28)
Claw Mastery 20(27)
Venom 20(27)
Shadow Master 5(12)

Gear:
Full Natalya's set
Bartuc (Shael)
Immortal belt

Doom Claw
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 9
Item Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xb310f77
+19 to Life
+31% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
2% Life stolen per hit
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Light Radius
8% Chance of Crushing Blow

Nature's Pece, Atma's Scarab

Dread Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x5f75cdd4
+19 to Maximum Stamina
+3 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +24%
Poison Resist +10%

Might merc: Guillame's face, Kelpie Snare(ethereal)
Eagle Coat
Diamond Mail
Defense: 1425
Durability: 78 of 78
Required Strength: 131
Fingerprint: 0x596fc64d
+4 to Dexterity
+24 to Life
+191% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 2
+1 to Light Radius

Code:
Lapis Small Charm of Shock
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xa5404b29
Cold Resist +6%
Adds 1-5 lightning damage

Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xc7f460e9
+18 to Life

Cobalt Small Charm of Winter
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x5d0b66f1
Cold Resist +8%
Adds 5-7 cold damage over 1 seconds

Snowy Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x4c474ca2
+20 to Life
+2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0xdcca65b0
+18 to Life

Tangerine Small Charm of Frost
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x31041a89
Lightning Resist +5%
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Cobalt Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x84e93955
Cold Resist +9%

Sapphire Small Charm of Greed
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0xc4892809
Cold Resist +11%
7% Extra Gold from Monsters

Garnet Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x68ae3cb0
+9 to Life
Fire Resist +8%

Coral Small Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0x5bd155bc
+2 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +9%

Amber Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb5ca9de
Lightning Resist +14%

Sapphire Large Charm of Shock
Fingerprint: 0xcd4c8fbb
Cold Resist +13%
Adds 1-5 lightning damage

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Strength
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x3fb90aad
+6 to Strength
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Shogukusha's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xecc2c241
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x59ec51a2
138% Extra Gold from Monsters
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 12%

she had many nice finds (she was my first Nightmare Meph runner) The only disappointment was Hel from hell Hellforge:undecided:
She is very good and quick, but she depends on her gear very much. Without having at least good claws it's useless to build such char. But if you have good gear for her, she's a fun.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High