Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Feb 24, 2004
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!!
THIS IS FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES ONLY

This thread contains all the Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian write-ups contained in the SPF Mat/Pat/Guardian Build Compilation that pre-date the SPF migration to this site. Original thread author and date are displayed at the top of each post. I have fixed all links except for invalid image links--these are displayed in grey. Embedded images have been reuploaded. Invalid BB code tags have also been fixed. Other than that, I have tried to make no changes to the formatting of the original posts unless there were obvious errors. I have also added in character information that the original author posted in a later reply rather than the original post (i.e. they replied with their skill point allocation because it was requested or they forgot to include it originally).

If you would like to re-claim authorship of your post, follow this link. Level 99 character write-ups have their own thread and have not been included. If you are looking for a particular write-up, I would highly advise checking the SPF Mat/Pat/Guardian Build Compilation v6 rather than trying to browse through this thread.

Since these have all been migrated, I am now making a second pass to update internal links, remove invalid image links, and clean up any special character codes I did not fix the first time around.

And please remember - DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD!! If you catch a mistake I have made, PLEASE let me know by PM and I will get it fixed.

Last edited:
Originally posted by AJK on Jul 23, 2007:

Let her fend for herself. A mat thread.

Once upon a time, when I was little and naive, I decided to build a fendazon. It was in classic, and I got as far as act IV normal. Then I gave up. Fend whiffed so much that I was more of a walking air conditioner than a killing machine.

A while later, after registering at the forums, I wrote a post much like this one:

Much later, after I got well-versed in the finer details of D2 gameplay mechanics I decided to give my poor zon a second chance, and it worked. I present to you

Cattleprod, matriarch, lvl. 84 Fendazon.

Now where did I go wrong? Easy: I put points in the passive tree's evasion skills. I read that those D/A/E animations cause a fend cycle (which lands up to 12 hits) to whiff, which is quite dangerous for a build that relies on leech. Skipping those and valk resulted a nice bucketful of skill points, allocated as follows [+skills]:

Fend - 20 [24]
Jab - 9 [13]
Inner Sight - 20 [29]
Decoy - 19 [28] (next point would have gone here)
Critical Strike - 20 [29]
Penetrate - 3 [12] (2 points too many)

No points in the bow tree (an eardrum piercing 'DUH!' sounds from above), and no lightning spear skills at all. I didn't want to be tempted to do even just a little charged strikelet against anything PI. If I want to deal with PI, I'd better pack something good on switch.

Why I maxed
- Fend: if I need to explain this, the world is in trouble.
- Critical Strike: who cares about diminishing returns on a damage modifier that gets applied as an additional multiplier on whatever else one uses to boost damage. Percentage at lvl. 29 : 73%.
- Inner Sight: this skill gets rediculously effective beyond level 20. My level 29 IS lowers enemy defense by 1515. A straight reduction in defense, applied at base level. Considering the fact that your typical Hell monster has a defense in the 1300-2200 range, a reduction of 1500+ completely negates the defense of the smaller creatures, and seriously cripples the defense of the tougher ones.

This also meant that I didn't need much AR, my 3774 number was more than adequate, even in the case of the toughest monsters, where my chance to hit dropped to ~80% (yes, dropped). This analysis made me a happy camper.

Regarding tactics: I can think of two classes of fendazons
- Defensive: don't get hit, and wait ages for stuff to die. Built around Stoneraven.
- Offensive: pack as much leech as possible and maximize your pain. Pray that the pain you inflict surpasses the amount of pain you recieve. Built around any gnarly pig sticker. EBotD would have been nice, but until Blizzard remembers to make more runewords for spears, uniques or crazy rares will have to do.

I went for option 2.
Code:
Hat............ Andy's visage, 10%LL, +30STR, socketed with a perfect fire res. of fervor jewel.
Amulet:........ Rare, +2 ama skills, 18 prismatic, +30 strength, 10% FCR (?!)
Weapon:........ 'Amn' Steel Pillar, 255% ED
Armor:......... 'Treachery' Archon
Glove:......... Laying of Hands
Belt:.......... 7% LL, 15% PDR String of Ears
Ring1:......... 20/227 raven
Ring2:......... 26% light res, 3% ML, 4% LL
Boots:......... Rare, 29% LR, 27% CR, 20% FRW, 25% MF
Weapon switch:. Tiamat's Rebuke + Demon's Arch (against nasty PI's)
Charms:    ....... 5 Passive skillers (one with 45 vita, thanks nex!), resists, and a bit of life

Merc hat:...... Delirium Tiara
Merc weapon:... eth Reaper's, socked with a fire res. of fervor
Merc jacket:... Treachery
LCS Damage, plain: 686-3623
LCS Damage, might+venom: 1242-5330
Average damage per hit, including 73% critical strike: ~5.3K (estimate)

Total IAS: 125%, needed for the 5frame fend breakpoint.
Total Life: 1147
Resists: 32/31/25/42, 75/75/75/85 after fade

I traded for the war pike (thanks Naab!) because I decided that the poor underused TC87 needed a bit of love*. I could have gone with an upped Lycander's, but the presence of 25% crush on the golden rod won out in the end.

Thanks to my massive leech (28%) I could tank crowds by virtue of leeching more life than I lost. Especially when cursed, or facing might mobs, my red ball went the way of the ping pong ball. Exciting times! Getting hit so often also means that once Fade triggered, I didn't need to worry at all about keeping it active. My merc proved to be undispensable with his safety curses triggering all the time. Decrep for the critters up close, and confusion for the archers afar.

My decoy was deployed a lot in act V Hell to draw OK curses, red balls of doom, and streams of lightning. The nice thing about a 2K+ life decoy is that seeing one poof before your eyes in two seconds flat makes for a good indication of severe bodily harm ahead.

Finds:

NM Forge: Shael
Hell Forge: Lum

From one of Fangskin's buddies: Ethereal Oculus
Palace Cellar, level 3: Fal rune
Summoner: Perfect ED% Witchwild String
Lower Kurast: Druid elemental skiller
Frozen River: War cry skiller

Random thoughts:
- Nasty death by three succubus packs in Frozen River.
- Rescue mission: lots of decoy, and merc. Grabbed corpse, went mental.
- Another death by succubi and Gloams.
- Stuff it. Resists already maxed post fade. Let global warming thaw Anya.
- Ah well, rescued her anyway. I took a pacifist HC untwinked sorc to Duriel, so I should be able to complete this rescue mission. Long live strategic decoys!
- Ancients: when the jumper spawns PI and AJK spawns extra stubborn AJK dies. I died.
- Second try: death by unfortunate skull-axe collision.
- Third try: easy. No nasty mods besides cursed.
- Fun times at the WSK: I encountered an unbreakable PI frenzytaur pack with some champions on top together with a conviction lightning skelly pack. Knowing when to reroll is a great survival tool, but I didn't and died. Did I mention that someone organised the yearly OK convention few corners away?
- Baal's waves: like taking candy from a flayer. Oh wait, what's that. Lister? Extra fast? Hit recovery lock? Dead? Yup. I believe the ancient greeks call that hubris.
- Retry: again, waves 1-4 easy. Wave 5, I'm smart and let the decoy do the tanking. Confusion and decrep make the fight a lot eas..hang.. what? Unrecoverable internal error? What cunning tricks and devilry are those, Baal?!
- Third try: success! Let Baal spawn as much annoying clones as he wants, the 25% crush on the steel pillar just says no to prime evil.

Last edited:
Originally posted by AJK on Apr 30, 2010:

Foul play, a hybrid plagueazon mat

Prologue

Since patch 1.13r (roonz) the travincal council have been kind to me. Well, I kinda forced them to be kind to me. This new patch gave me the highest rune I've found, ever: a Sur. The game was telling me something. The game told me to run some more and cube up to a Ber, but I heard "be a noob and make Bramble" instead.

Result:
Bramble
Dusk Shroud
'RalOhmSurEth'
Defense: 755
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 61
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x323adf0
Regenerate Mana 15%
+300 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Poison Resist +100%
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
+13 Life after each Kill
50% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 18 Thorns Aura When Equipped
Level 13 Spirit of Barbs (33/33 Charges)
+34% to Poison Skill Damage
Socketed (4: 4 used)

I asked a local sheep what she thought about the +poison damage roll and she said "meeeh". I'm just glad that I didn't get the lowest roll possible. Now what to build around it? I decided to go some crazy poison damage numbers and build a plagueazon.

The star of this thread

is Matriarch CheeseCutter, lvl. 84 plagueazon* (LCS)

As I crunched numbers, I quickly figured out that this build needed +skills everywhere to get to high damage numbers. Except for the Bramble armor, all skill slots had something to do with boosting skill. That meant that I didn't have many choices in picking gear, which made for easy planning.

A total of +24 to javelin skills and +11 to others resulted in the following skill plan:

Plague + Poison javelin: 20 (44)
Charged strike + Lightning strike: 20 (44)
All passive skills except pierce: 1 (12)
Pierce: 3 (14)

The fully synergized plague javelin dealt 96k** damage over 20.2 seconds. Needless to say, that went well. Since I didn't want to play through the game with poison alone, I chose charged strike as backup. It's simply devastating, especially on a char loaded with +skills. The charged strike dealt 1-3052 damage times 11 bolts. This meant that I could actually one-hit blood lords and frenzytaurs in Hell. On /P1, but still nice.

I put a few extra points in Pierce for a near 80% chance to pierce after +skills.
Piercing plague javelins almost double the size of the death cloud.

Implements of doom

The only concession to high DPS was skipping Trang's Gloves and going for +3 javelin skill gloves. This gives a higher total number on the LCS (nice!), a slighly lower DPS (boo!), and a nice boost to non-poison skills (nice!). So thats 2-1 for +3 java gloves against Trang's.

This is the gear I noobed through the game with:
  • Head:
    Blood Visor
    Tiara
    Defense: 42
    Durability: 24 of 25
    Required Level: 67
    Item Level: 89
    Fingerprint: 0x76ad4559
    All Resistances +19
    +36 poison damage over 2 seconds
    10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    +2 to Amazon Skill Levels
    20% Faster Run/Walk
    100% Chance to cast Level 51 Poison Nova When You Die
    +4% to Poison Skill Damage
    -4% to Enemy Poison Resistance
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

Note: I would have picked a +3 javelin skill circlet if they existed. They don't. I went with this circlet because it offered bonus resists in comparison with Valkyrie Wing. And because it didn't make her head look like a tin can with antennae.

• Amulet:
    Beast Scarab
    Amulet
    Item Level: 91
    Fingerprint: 0x4daec46d
    +30 to Strength
    All Resistances +18
    10% Faster Cast Rate

Note: no +3 java skill amulets exist. I would have picked one of those if they existed. But this one served me very well, delivering 30pts of strength needed for Spirit that went to Vita instead.

• Weapon: Titan's. I picked this over Thunderstroke, because Titan's offers FRW, and more importantly, an extra +2 boost to my passives that made up for not having Thunderstroke's -light res%.

• Shield: Spirit monarch. +2 skills and resists. Cheap. Overpowered. Great. :)

• Armor: +34% poison damage Bramble suit.

• Gloves: +3 java skill Lancer's Gloves of nothing else. Translation: I was too lazy to shop for +3 gloves with a useful suffix. I didn't need no stinkin' suffix.

• Belt: Arachnid Mesh. The only belt with skill.

• Rings: SoJ and SoJ. +2 skills and a good boost to mana. The boost to mana is why I picked a SoJ over Bul Kathos' with life leech. Boosting skills through the roof also means boosting mana usage through the roof.

• Boots:
    Skull Spur
    Sharkskin Boots
    Defense: 37
    Durability: 13 of 14
    Required Strength: 47
    Required Level: 25
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0xf6034a0f
    +3 to Dexterity
    Heal Stamina Plus 50%
    Fire Resist +37%
    Lightning Resist +29%
    64% Extra Gold from Monsters
    10% Faster Run/Walk

Note: I picked them for the resists, and because you're cool if you wear rare (hey, that rhymes).

• Merc's hat: Andy's visage with a +30% fire res/15% ias jewel. Leech and +2 skills means 20% more damage for mister brainless and therefore 20% more leech. He didn't die very often.

• Merc's poker: Eth obedience thresher. Giving the merc some crushing blow and high damage made boss fights a bit shorter than giving him a Reaper's Toll. Since I'm not melee, I don't care about decrepify, and Obedience was a nice change of merc sticks.

• Merc's armor: Treachery. More IAS = more leech, and occasionally getting faded isn't that bad. Except for having people bump into you all the time when you go out for a walk.

Play time
Normal difficulty: monsters vs. enchantressed raven claw = kitten vs. hand grenade. ***

Nightmare difficulty: fun, because I maxed my plague skills first. Monsters dropped to the floor before they even had the chance to say "what's that smell" or blame it on the dog. I did suffer my first needless avoidable death at the cloister jail. I got bushwhacked by a few fireball skeletons that cut through my non-existing fire resists like a ninja through, well, someone who's not a ninja. I went the way of the dodo and quickly patched my resists with a few charms. Yay softcore!

Hell difficulty: I played through norm and NM at /players 8 for obvious reasons. I dropped to /p3 for hell acts I-III and further to /P1 for acts IV and V. In retrospect I could have played at /P3 all the way through, but being silly overpowered is more fun at lower /players settings.

Thanks to the skill boosts, monsters usually died in a matter of seconds when standing in a plague javelin cloud. Thanks to ~80% pierce, the clouds quickly became huge, wasting handfuls of flayers at once. Fun factor: high.

The charged strike worked like a (lightning) charm against big targets. Every bolt hitting meant everything dying. When facing mobs of mixed PI (as in poison immune) and LI variety, I could cloud the whole group and run after the remainders with my pointy stick of static. Fun factor: high.

This build's nemesiseses, nimesisis, nemesises, er.. enemies, were of course poison/lightning immunes. The good news is that they're not that common. The worst ones are Black Souls in the worldstone keep that also have something like 90% phys. resists on top of being electrically insulated and immune to death gas. Too bad they didn't count on my merc running around enchanted with his Obedience dealing 1k-5k of hurt. Not a very big problem in practice, only annoying.

I suffered my second stupid, needless, and thankfully last, death at the ancients. I poisoned the men, stood around waiting, thinking about tomorrow's groceries when suddenly red letters appeared. I didn't get a chance which grumpy old man did this to me, but I suspect it was the whirler being extra strong and extra fast. The second ancients fight went better. I poisoned them, ran like a girl (appropriate), and waited 20 seconds to rinse and repeat until dead. Easy.

The worldstone keep and throne room weren't too hard, even with Black Souls around. My merc spanked their ethereal behinds. Too bad he died without honor in the throne room form Achmel's poison. Such is the life of a merc, getting paid only to die before you can enjoy pension. Being flat broke I didn't resurrect him so he could rest in (one) peace for once. I faced the poison immune wave 4 and nearly poison immune wave 5 with only a decoy and a valk. Have I mentioned charge strike yet? Baal's final minion waves learned about that skill the painful way.

The fight with Baal didn't last that long as well.

My finds:
- Duriel: oh, please... I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. I went to Tyrael, kicked him in the shins, went to act III, closed D2 for the day and watched a killer crocodile movie instead. I think this was D2's way of flipping me the bird.
- Hellforges: Io + Io (no + no)
- Druid elemental skiller and a Sparking skiller of greed (35% GF)
- Runes: Lem, Ko, Fal, Lum
- Best find: a +4% light res, 7% MF small charm.

Summary: fun build, very safe build.
You don't need Bramble to be effective, just loads and loads of +skill gear. I had a blast playing this one.

Future plans for this char: retirement.
Future plans for Bramble: giving it to my poison nova necro, Stinky. ****
Future character: no plans yet.

*: also known as 'I have no taste in names'.
**: let's wait for the first owner of a beta 'Bramble' to make this thread look stupid.
***: not to be confused with a cute cat grenade.
****: I told you I had no taste in names.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Alfonso the Great on Jul 14, 2008:

Matriarch Dragoness--Fendazon

After over a year (though about eleven months of that time saw DII not installed), I finally trudged Dragoness the Fendazon through Hell and destroyed the festering evil that is Baal. Oh, what a trip it was.

Character name : Dragoness
Character type : Amazon
Character level : 82
Character exp : 814763107

Strength : 111
Energy : 15
Dexterity : 139
Vitality : 195
Stat Points Rem : 40
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 953 / 797
Mana : 182 / 136
Stamina : 366 / 340

Gold (Inventory): 74481
Gold (Stash) : 124712

Resists with Stoneraven: 85/51/54/70
with Titan's/Rhyme: 85/38/41/57

Equipment and Interesting Slices of the Inventory

Helmet: Rare Circlet (+18 to Energy, +99% Enhanced Defense, +4 to Minimum Damage, Damage Reduced by 2, Poison Resist +35%, +1 to Amazon Skill Levels)
Amulet: Rare Ammy (Magic Damage Reduced by 1, Lightning Resist +14%, Poison Resist +6%, +1 to Amazon Skill Levels, 10% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck)
Weapon 1: Stoneraven
Weapon 2: Titan's Revenge
Shield: Rhyme Bone Shield
Armor: Duriel's Shell
Belt: Thundergod's Vigor
Ring 1: Rare Ring (+4 to Energy, +43 to Attack Rating, Fire Resist +26%, Lightning Resist +23%, +5 to Light Radius, 5% Bonus to Attack Rating)
Ring 2: Rare Ring (+6 to Maximum Stamina, +10 to Attack Rating, +9 to Minimum Damage, Poison Resist +30%, 4% Mana stolen per hit, 38% Extra Gold from Monsters)
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Boots: Infernostride

Merc's Equipment (Act 2 Might): Rockstopper, Rockfleece, The Meat Scraper/Kelpie's Snare, mainly depending on if big melee hitters are about.

Charms consisted of two each of Passive/Magic and Spear/Javelin skillers and assorted other resist charms, with those leaning mostly towards cold.

Normal and Nightmare up through Act 5 were done on /p8, with Act 5 done on /p4, and then Hell done /p1. The only items originally twinked onto the character were Titan's (found while normally playing the game with a LightningOrb Sorceress), and I decided I'd try a quirky Amazon build--enter Fend. Originally, I wanted to avoid using LF, despite this having been my first Amazon, but I didn't pay enough attention to the skill tree, misclicked, and by that time I was well into Nightmare and didn't feel like making another 'Zon. So, now she had become a Fend/LF hybrid, who mainly used LF for MASSIVE crowd control (Flayer Jungle-level hordes, although my Hell run through there provided lots of Winged Nightmares and Soul Killers) and PI mobs, Fend for most mobs and LI critters, LB for PI uniques, and Jab to replenish the blue orb. Anyway, the killing got unbelievably slow in Act 1 Hell, so I tossed Stoneraven on as well as three skillers (I'd gotten one of the Passive/Magic ones myself through gem rerolls) and that did just fine for the rest of the game.

So, skills:
7 Critical Strike
20 Penetrate
4 Jab
1 Impale
20 Fend
1 Poison Javelin
17 Lightning Bolt
1 Plague Javelin
20 Lightning Fury

Started off putting skill points into Jab and Critical Strike, then saved up for Fend (maxed by A5 Normal) and Penetrate, which I maxed mid-Nightmare. Then the dreadful misclick onto Poison Javelin, and maxed LF by A5 Nightmare. All remaining skill points went into Lightning Bolt because the mana ball was simply not large enough to provide for LF-killing of Hell PI uniques without running back to town after 5 tosses to guzzle millions of blue potions.

Dragoness absolutely devastated up through A5 NM. Fend dealt broken damage; even act bosses fell like flies before the massive damage bonus coupled with Kelpie's Snare. Once the guest critters showed, though, the kill speed noticeably slowed and I downed the rating, which worked just fine. The first massive roadblock was in Hell Black Marsh, which saw me unable to kill at any decent speed. I went back to NM, did some cow runs, leveled into the 70s, and managed to snag Laying of Hands from a Baal run. I then muled Stoneraven onto her because it looked like a fun weapon to use.

With the mild exception of the Council (Heirophants spawned inside the room leading to the Durance, so Blizzards were raining down upon us the whole time), things were easy-peasy until the Chaos Sanctuary, which saw the return of the dreaded Oblivion Knights. In that past, not that huge an issue; I'd Fend like a madwoman and kill everything while Amp'd or Lower Resist'd. If IM'd, I chucked javelins at the offenders. Now, however, I needed two or more Fend cycles to take down the Doom Knights, and the OKs found it simply hilarious to cast IM exactly when I was in the middle of one of them. GG try again.

Then we have Act 5. The biggest offenders were Frenzytaurs, naturally; they'd knock down my health faster than a super healing potion could replenish it, and the merc couldn't stand very long against more than one of them. To top it all off, the PI varieties roamed the icy parts of the act with a vengeance, which necessitated slow (slooooow) advancement and killing through Lightning Bolt and Fury. Gloams were annoyances, as usual, but Thundergod's coupled with reasonably high lightning resist let me weave my way towards packs of them, where Fend did its work. I did, however, bite it in the Frozen River right at the end when I went to fetch Anya; four of the monsters were camped on Frozenstein's turf and that plus the bridge...yeah. It was hell getting back to my corpses.

The only other major roadblock was the Ancients; Talic would kill my merc no problem, whereas Madawac always seemed to spawn Cursed and thereby tore me apart. Eventually (after many, many attempts and the loss of most of my money and rejuvenation potions), I managed to get a non-Cursed spawn and positioned the three of them so that Korlic and Talic were wailing on me while Madawac threw axes ineffectually against my mercenary. Then it was a Fendfest until victory. Baal was a moderate pain; he always threw up a clone and hordes of tentacles first thing, but my good fire resist let me mostly ignore his spells and Fend the heck out of everything surrounding me. Eventually, Baal teleported into a corner where only my merc could be targeted by him in melee and one hit with Kelpie's Snare took care of that threat. The victory prizes: a huge bunch of worthless yellows and Isenhart's Horns. Hell Baal hates me.

And that's that. Now it's back to my Leap Attack barbarian.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Arfurala on Aug 23, 2006:

Just another Matriarch Thread - LF zon Electrica

After finding Titans during the previous MFO, I have decided to continue with my LF zon,and finally turned her Mat this morning.

LF Amazon
Current Level: 86

Gears:
Harlequin Crest (PTopaz) Really hate how it looks but heck...
Chromatic Amulet (28 Res)
Titan's Revenge
Duriel's Shell (PTopaz) Another ugly thing...
Stormshield (PRuby) This is to balance out the resistances, I don't want another 19 points of cold resistance to be wasted.

Imp Finger​
War Gauntlets​
Defense: 151​
Durability: 24 of 24​
Required Strength: 110​
Required Level: 43​
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion​
Item Level: 87​
Fingerprint: 0xb78e363c​
+180% Enhanced Defense​
+19 to Attack Rating​
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items​
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)​
Thundergod's Vigor
War Traveler
Rainbow Ring of the Titan (17 Str, 11 Res)

Scintillating Ring of the Mammoth (39 Life, 13 Res)

Weapon Switch:
Thunderstroke

Stats:
S:110
D:151
V:244
E:15

Skills:

Javelin and Spears Skills:
Jab 1​
Power Strike 1​
Poison Javelin 20​
Lightning Bolt 1​
Charged Strike 20​
Plague Javelin 20​
Lightning Strike 7 (Rest goes here)​
Lightning Fury 20​
Passive and Magic Skills:
Inner Sight 1​
Slow Missiles 1​
Critical Strike 1​
Penetrate 1​
Pierce 3​
Merc:
Aura: Holy Freeze

Crown of Thieves
Insight​
Superior Thresher​
'RalTirTalSol'​
Two-Hand Damage: 47 to 448​
Durability: 36 of 65​
Required Dexterity: 118​
Required Strength: 152​
Required Level: 53​
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed​
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion​
Item Level: 84​
Fingerprint: 0xeb3b0002​
+5 to Strength​
+5 to Energy​
+5 to Dexterity​
+5 to Vitality​
+218% Enhanced Damage​
+2 to Attack Rating​
+9 to Minimum Damage​
Adds 5-30 fire damage​
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds​
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items​
+5 to Critical Strike​
35% Faster Cast Rate​
219% Bonus to Attack Rating​
+2 to Mana After Each Kill​
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped​
Socketed (4: 4 used)​
Shaftstop
Nothing much to say about this character, but PJ works very good against most LIs, except undead ones. And hell spawns a lot of LI+PoisonIs which is really very annoying. Pindle himself is sometimes LI+PoisonIs too. PJ is also quite good against bosses, Diablo, the ancients, and Baal himself are all poisoned to death.

Last edited:
Originally posted by bassen on Jul 22, 2008:

Amazon sisters Ayilah - "the battle"

So I have finally made both my Amazons to Matriarchs but I only report one of them xD the other one is getting on my nerves right now so I'm to furious to write something about her :crazyeyes:

Story:
Ayilah took h'our her javelin from the last monster and aimed at Baal. Baal laughed at her and with a poof he had disappeared in a red light just in front of her. It became dark and she couldn't see anything in the throne room. The smell of death and decay almost made her throw up.

- Come forward you coward!, she screamed. You never get away with this. I shall have my revenge.

She heard Baal's laugh again but she didn't knew were it came from

- Sure little girl. I've been waiting for you. I'm impressed you have come this far but your journey ends here. I'm gonna challenge me so I can tortue you forever when you lose hahaha!

Another red light appeared but this time she saw what it was, a portal. Without even think or knowing were the end was she stepped into it. When she stepped out she saw the big World Stone. Baal was close to it draining it's power.

- Come little girl, come and met you death Baal cried at her.

Ayilah took up her weapon and aimed it once again at Baal but Baal dodged the attack. She aimed another and another but somehow he always seemed to dodge it. She threw her last javelin at Baal and finally it hit. Baal just kept laugh at her.
- Is that all? You have come this far with that? My minions are idiots.

Baal's eye became red and he sent away a wave of ice at Ayilah. She threw herself on the ground to dodge the attack but it was to late. Her leg were struck and instead she fell. She tried to raise but the pain was too great.
This can't be the end , she thought. Not like this, not now.

Suddenly Baal stood in front of her.
- haha! Silly girl. Girls never know when to stop. Killing is like take a candy from a child. You are nofun to kill, not compared to your sister. She screamed when I froze her body, piece by piece. However this is the end for you. Baal opened his mouth and aimed a firebal at her.

Ayilah took the last of her energy and tumbled around raised up. She screamed of the excruciating pain. Her breath almost echoed in the great hall. She took her javelin, charged and aimed at Baal. Baal aimed another fireball at her.

There was a loud crack and both of the fighters fell on the ground. None of them moved. The big fight had caused great damge on the worldstone. The roof were falling apart.

Ayilah finally opened her eyes but all she could see was a bright light. Everything around her was pure white. So this is death? It's so beautiful. She felt no pain. A tear fell from her chin.

- No you are not dead said a familiar voice.

The light disappeared and in front her was Tyrael. He held his hand against her wounds and they started to heal.

- I can't fully heal you, the power that damaged you are far to great. Only time can heal those wounds.

Ayilah said nothing. She only looked at Tyrael. He looked older than he used to.

- I gonna create a portal which you must go throw. It will lead to safety. I must destroy the Worldstone. Baal's influence have corrupted it. Farwell, warrior of the human.

He opened a portal and helped Ayilah go throw. She was back home.

Stats:
Class: Amazon
Name: Ayilah
Type: LF/CS/PJ-zon
Level: 81
Charged Strike damage - 1-2243
Lightning Fury damage - 1-1789
Plague Javelin damage - 32956-33184

Skills:

Javelin-Tree

1 Jab (15)
1 Power Strike (15)
1 Lightning Bolt (15)
0 Lightning Strike (17) (items)

20 Poison Javelin (34)
20 Plague Javelin (34)
20 Charged Strike (34)
20 Lightning Fury (37)

Passive-Tree
1 Critical Strike (10)
1 Penetrate (10)
7 Pierce (16)

Bow-Tree
(none)

Equipment:
Head: M'avina's True Sight w. 4/4 Lightning Rainbow Facet
Weapon 1: Titans Revenge (only used for charged strike and lightning fury)
Weapon 2: Titans Revenge (only uised for charged strike and plague javelin)
Shield1: Monarch "Spirit"
Shield2: Monarch "Spirit"
Armor: Wyrmhde "Treachery" (for IAS, fade and venom)
Gloves: Immortal King's Forge (for IAS combined with Immortal King's Pillar)
Boots: Immortal King's Pillar
Belt: Thundergod's Vigor (gift from Neksja long time ago)
Ring1: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring2: The Stone of Jordan
Amulet: Dread Torc
Code:
Required Level: 73
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0xab01cb1f
+19 to Strength
All Resistances +14
6% Life stolen per hit
(given to me by NagisaFurukawa a while ago)
Inventory:
4 x Javaskillers
1x Passiveskiller
3x Shimmering GC's (45% resist all)
3x Amber SC's (11%) 2 of them also have +2 dexterity

Finds:
Hellforge Nightmare: Lem
Hellforge Hell: Gul (hell yeah)

Here are my other patriarchs/matriarchs

Thalad
Wykhu
Natalya
Odin Firehand

Last edited:
Originally posted by bcoe on Mar 12/2010:

Matriarch Xema_Sabini (Silence Spearazon)

Matriarch Xema_Sabini

For some reason, I’ve wanted to build this character for ages. I finally got all the gear together, and here she is. She is a Silence-wielding single-tree spearazon. I loved playing with her, though I’m a tad bit disappointed by her performance.

Her name is the latin name for the Sabine’s gull. It’s one of the more beautiful gulls of North America. Small, delicate, with a deep black head and a bright yellow tip to a dark bill.

STATS:
Name: Xema_Sabini
Level: 82
Strength: 46 (137)
Dexterity: 90 (114)
Vitality: 349 (374)
Energy: 15 (20)

Life (after BO): 2505
Mana (after BO): 319

Skills (after + skills):
Javelin/Spear Tree:
Jab: 1 (23)
Power Strike: 20 (42)
Charged Bolt: 20 (42)
Lightning Strike: 20 (45)
Poison Javelin: 1 (23)
Lightning Bolt: 20 (42)
Plague Javelin: 1 (23)
Lightning Fury: 10 (35)

Nothing in the other two trees

LCS:

Charged Strike Damage: 1-8261 (11 bolts)
Lightning Strike damage: 1-7552 (46 hits)

How I got there:

Lightning amazons are among my favorite builds early on. Lots of big damage and multi-hitting skills with relatively low mana requirements. I used a “Strength” maiden spear until Lycander’s was available and used that until I could get to Silence. I re-specced in my late 60’s after I equipped enigma to switch some points from strength to vita. I never used LF, not even once. As soon as I got my first spear, that was all I ever used.

On to equipment….

Equipment:
Head: Griffon’s eye (+15/-16, with IAS jewel)
Amulet: Mara’s, (+30)
Armor: Enigma BP
Weapon: “Silence” Matriarchal Spear
Code:
 Silence
Matriarchal Spear
'DolEldHelIstTirVex'
Two-Hand Damage: 195 to 285
Durability: 16 of 28
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 114
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 55
Spear Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xb9499957
+200% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +75
11% Mana stolen per hit
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -20%
20% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Hit Blinds Target +33
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Socketed (6: 6 used)
Shield: None!
Switch: CtA/Lidless
Belt: Thundergods Vigor
Gloves: Havoc Knuckle
Code:
 Havoc Knuckle
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 62
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 52
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0xf7c9180d
+12 to Life
3% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Light Radius
10% Increased Attack Speed
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Rings: BKWB, Raven Frost
Boots: Loath Greaves (tri-resists rares)

Charms:
8x Harpoonist grand charms (most with nice suffixes)
Random SCs

Resists: 75/75/85/58

Merc: Might with Infinity ethereal thresher, CoH, Delerium diadem

Finds:
Hellforge: Io/Io (yuck)
Not much luck, so far.

Thoughts:

I love this gal. I have always had a soft spot for spearazons, and this has been one of my long-dreamed of builds. She is incredibly powerful against large groups and individuals. Charged Strike is well known as the ultimate single-opponent killer, and it really is. She one-hitted Diablo (players1)! It’s simply awesome. Lightning strike is great too. It takes a while, but if there is a big enough crowd it will eventually work its way around to all of them. Enemies will drop 3-4 seconds after the initial LS trigger – great fun.

I’ve always thought Silence was an exceptionally cool RW, with tons of useful mods. The + skills and resists are obviously fabulous, but it also has huge mana leech, some MF, some IAS, FHR, etc. What really got me interested, though, was the crowd-control stuff (blinds target and causes monsters to flee). My hope was that those would be enough to keep enemies off my back while LS did its work. Unfortunately, she still got mobbed and was pretty fragile. When I stuck Delerium on the merc, however, that became a non-issue. So I was disappointed by the crowd-control part of Silence, but loved the rest of her.

I think this is a fun build, and would recommend a Silence Spearazon to anyone looking for something powerful and a bit different. It is certainly not as powerful, fast, or safe as a similarly geared javazon, but she is close and is tons of fun, with a very different play-style. You can get more +skills, and a bit of block on a javvie, but you can’t get the style of a huge honking spear.

Anyways, I loved this character. Next up for me is the MF league. Time to give my fire sorc a whirl with my new Infinity…

Last edited:
Originally posted by Colorless Green on Sep 19, 2008:

Matriarch Soleil, Jab/Fendazon

Well, I know it's been a bit since I've posted a mat/pat thread, but, well, work and other such things have been keeping me busy. But I've finally finished this girl, who I'm pleased to say turned out to be stronger and more entertaining than I'd predicted. Presenting...

Matriarch Soleil, Level 82 Jab/Fend Amazon

Str: 100 (118)
Dex: 133 (154)
Vit: 252 (252)
Ene: 15 (15)

Jab Damage: 1021-7045
Fend Damage: 1291-9091
Jab AR: 8663
Fend AR: 9246
Life: 1101
Mana: 245
Resists: 75/40/80/40

Skills:
Jab: 20 (21)
Impale: 1 (2)
Fend: 20 (21)
Inner Sight: 1 (2)
Slow Missiles: 1 (2)
Decoy: 17 (18)
Critical Strike: 13 (14)
Penetrate: 20 (21)

Equip:
M'avina's True Sight (IAS jewel)
Fortitude
Laying of Hands
Nosferatu's Coil
Gore Rider
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost
Ghoul Touch ring (44 mana, 120 AR, 16 LR, 3 LL, 4 ML, 7 life replenish)
Upped Eth Hone Sundan (3x Ruby Jewels)
Switch: Demon Limb

Might Merc: Reaper's, Vampire Gaze, Treachery

Code:
Hone Sundan
Ghost Spear
Two-Hand Damage: 120 to 900
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 153
Required Strength: 112
Required Level: 69
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xca1f3aa4
+271% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
Required Level +7
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 durability in 10 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Well, as I said, this char was fun, particularly after I got the hang of when to jab and when to fend (FYI, 1-2 monsters = jab, 4+ = fend, 3 depends on how strong they are.) All things considered, it was a lot like playing a two handed zealot. Melee with no block and relatively low life is somewhat dangerous, but long range plus decoy plus pretty much one hit kills all the way through the game mitigates it somewhat. It was very easy to screw up and die instantly from full health, but nearly any time I employed the slightest bit of caution I was fine. Areas swarming with ranged attackers required a bit more than slight caution.

This char was surprisingly similar to a strafezon - lots of pwn if I'm doing the attacking, instant death if I'm taking the hits. The play style was also disturbingly similar. Decoy scouting was an excellent tactic in any dangerous area, and once monsters were awake, the trick was to keep the decoy/merc between me and them, then unleash the pwn as quickly as possible.

All that being said, I don't think this char would be very good or particularly entertaining without relatively good gear, though it'd certainly be doable with midrange stuff. Anyone who can afford the good stuff, though, should definitely give it a shot. I wasn't personally willing to spend as much on this char as I could have (a perf 3xruby hone sundan is nearly 50% ed more than mine, which doesn't even consider stuff like 40/15s or whatever), nor did I reach high enough level to equip my planned endgame gear (pretty much like it currently is, except with an AR/IAS andy's). I think that, properly equipped and levelled, she could do some pretty solid pit runs or baals or something, though she certainly isn't going to outdo the classics in this regard. But, as far as underused builds go, she's got potential.

Don't remember the hellforges (but I'm pretty sure neither were anything that spectacular). Only good drop I do remember was a cranium basher on wsk1.

Anyways, up next consists of a windy in a3 hell (who I started over three years ago), a pdagger necro nearly ready to enter NM, and a kicker in normal, plus whatever other chars I start this weekend.

-CG

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cygnus on Mar 2, 2007:

Matriarch Penthesilea, LF/PJ zon

Matriarch Penthesilea, Level 83 LF/PJ Amazon

Woot, I won a tournament! Mat'ted a character without dying, untwinked and
without ATMA storage.

Stats (with items): 107/207/228/21
Life/Mana: 930/232
Hell Resists: 85/61/75/38
51% MF (final; lots and lots of it in normal and nightmare, and it really paid off)
75% blocking @ 3 frames
6 frame hit recovery (52% FHR breakpoint)
19 frame casting
374 defence (can't stop a thing)
251% GF (I wasn't even trying)
+7 to javelin skills, +6 to passives

Damage:
CS: 8 bolts, each 1-1542
LF: 28 bolts, each 1-1110
PJ: 15k over 13.8 seconds
Jab: 216-436 (2838 AR)

Skills (with items in parantheses):

LF/CS/PJ/PJ: 20 (27)
Critical Strike: 1(9)
Decoy: 2 (8)
All other passives: 1 (7)

Equipment:
Titan's Revenge 158% ED. Awesome find for an untwinked character
'Peace' Breast Plate
Tarnhelm (Thul). 44% MF
'Rhyme' Grim Shield. Not a single 2os Tower Shield! Grrr.
'Viper Fist' rare Heavy Gloves. 20% IAS, +1 passives 27% LR
'Shadow Spur' rare Battle Boots. 31% LR, 31% CR, 7% MF, 10% FRW
Nokozan Relic. I love this amulet :)
'Ghoul Cord' Plated Belt. 24% FR, 19% LR
'Death Loop' rare Ring. 27% FR, 43 mana
'Entropy Spiral' rare Ring. 27% LR, 14% FR.
22% FR, 26% PR GCs
13% PR, 31 mana 9 life, 12% PR LCs
6% PR, 11% PR, 5% LR 5% FHR, 7% PR, 6% CR, 7% LR, 3% FR 1-2 cold dmg, 9% CR, 17 life 9 mana, 8% PR, 5% LR SCs
Level 2 Lower Resist Grim Wand on switch. Used it to break gloam immunities.
Level 5 Life Tap wand used on bosses (when I remembered to use it)

Hazade, prayer mercenary, also level 83

Life: 1750
Damage: 456-815, with 55% chance of Deadly Strike
10 frame hit recovery (30% FHR)
75% resist all
1639 defence

Gear:
Pierre Tombale Couant (Amn)
Goldskin
64% MF Topaz'd Great Heom

No deaths. No NDEs even. The closest I came to dying was when Korlic's death FE blast knocked off about 80% of my life bulb. This was an extremely safe character, with three very powerful skills.

Play style was to throw LF or PJ at everything. Well, perhaps not that simple. Decoy was used extensively to Hell as an advance warning system, to round up melee monsters, to divert archer fire, get doll packs off my back, etc. The decoy and the level 15 valkyrie from 'Peace' were capable tanks.

The only difficult monsters were Act 5 Gloams. Lightning Immune, Poison Immune and with 90% Physical Resistance. Tournament rules forbade the re-rolling monster mixes, so I had to fight the Gloams in the Frozen River, and again in WSK 2. Lower Resist curse broke the lightning immunity, and left the gloams with "only" 93% resistance to lightning, but that was enough for Charged Stike to do its magic. Each Gloam took about 10-20 hits to kill, so I had to break up the mobs and handle 1-3 at a time.

Finds: Best find was undoubtedly the Titan's, I mean, what are the odds of finding a class-specific unique with a character that can actually use it? Three elite uniques also dropped: Djinn Slayer, Wizardspike and Viperfork. I really need to think up themed builds that can use some of these items.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cygnus on Feb 18, 2008:

Matriarch Hippolyta, LF zon

My first D2 character was an amazon named Cygnus (didn't think I'd play more than one character when I began playing 👅) She wasn't as botched as most first characters are, but she was botched all right: a furyzon with too many points in critical strike, dodge, avoid, evade and pierce. I decided to remake her, in the hope that she might make a good cow girl, so here's the cookie cutter. As she'll mostly be running cows and the arcane sanctuary and p1 or p3, I didn't see the point in boosting charged strike damage sky-high, and the lightning synergies don't do much for lightning fury damage, so I decided to max out valkyrie and decoy instead. It was a bit of an experiment too, to test the survivability (answer: she's invincible to everything except IM) and kill speed (good with a might merc, needs PMH without) of the valk before trying out a passivezon.

Matriarch Hippolyta, LF/CS amazon

Stats

Character level: 82
Life: 1136
Mana: 441
Hell resists: 75/75/75/0 (85% lightning resist with T'God's)

Strength: 158
Dexterity:139
Vitality: 296
Energy: 15

Dodge/Avoid/Evade: 46/54/46%
Pierce: 100% with Razortail, 69% with T'God's Vigor)
Block: 35%

Damage

Lightning Fury: 1-1300
Charged Strike: 1-1800
Jab: 305-623

Skills

Lightning Fury: 30 (20)
Charged Strike: 30 (20)
Jab: 11 (1)
Decoy: 28 (20)
Valkyrie: 28 (20)
All other passives: 9 (1)

Equipment

Titan's Revenge
'Spirit' Monarch
Skullder's Ire
'Bone Casque' Circlet (34% lightning resist, +2 to amazon skills, 20% FRW)
'Blood Wing' Amulet (20% to all resistances, +1 amazon skills)
Raven Frost
Scintillating (15) Ring of Blight
Razortail (Thundergod's Vigor for gloam areas)
'Grim Finger' Sharkskin gloves (29% fire resistance, 25% cold resistance, 20% IAS)
'Corpse Trample' Light plated boots (29% fire resistance, 27% cold resistance, 8% MF, 30% FRW)

Charms add life, mana and resists.

Mercenary

Ahsab (might aura)
Reaper's Toll
Rockfleece
Rockstopper

Finds

Disappointing to say the least, even making allowance for the fact that I rushed her through.

Fal (Nightmare forge)
Lum (Hell forge) :cry:
Eschuta's Temper (Hell Arreat Plateau)

The journey

Gemmed scepter until level 18, charged strike until level 35, LF/CS from then on. No surprises there. By the time she got to hell, she had a maxed valk and a strong decoy to help her out with immunes. The might merc and the valk had no problems killing LIs, and decrepify triggered a lot. Hippolyta occasionally helped out with Jab, which made killing a bit more quick.

First sign of gloams was in the marsh. She did not have T'God's in her stash, but it wasn't an issue. Ahsab died at every other turn but Ms. Valkyrie could tank and time was all it took to clear the area. T'God's was twinked in at the beginning of act 4, just in case. There were more gloams in WSK2, but this time around, the lightning absorb made them a joke.

No furyzon report is complete without a tale of killing a boss pack offscreen. No such tale this time (not that LF did not kill boss packs off screen, I just didn't find anything worthy of note) but there was one WTF moment. Running along in the plains of despair, the group awoke two boss packs at once: a doom knight pack and a spawner pack. In their midst was a superunique. A couple of javelin throws later ... bye bye Izual. Geez, what's with all the low life critters ^^

The Future

She'll be in hibernation for a while, until I'm able to rejig her gear for cow running. Griffon's is high on my wish list, as is a good pair of rare gloves with +2 jav skills, 20 IAS and resists. A few jav skillers would be nice as well.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Originally posted by DeePee on May 23, 2006:

Matriarch Sangora the Lite Zon

Although she is not my first patriach/matriach, it's time for my first matriach thread! Joining Mat. Meteorber (Meterorb Sorc) and Pat. El Thor (Cheesydin) now is Sangora the Java Lightning Zon!

Sangora is actually the second incarnation of the character. My goal was to create a versatile amazon that could run cows as well as hell Baal with good success. My first try was Sango, a hybrid amazon with Charged Strike/Lightning Fury javelin-mode and a strafe mode. I also decided to opt for a valkyrie. Sango flew through normal and nightmare, but upon entering hell at lvl 75 I encountered a serious flaw in her design.

I had maxed LF, CS, Strage and had 1 point in all skills in passive & magic tree. This meant that my lightning damage was not quite high enough and my strage could barely hit the zombies in Blood Moor due to catastrophically low AR. To make matters worse, my 1 point Valkyrie was utterly useless and I had effectivily waste 7 points getting it since I now needed to boost Penetrate instead. That's it, I though - time for a remake.

So, enter Sango V2 - or Sangora as I named her. This time I decided to go for a more pure approach. I decided against a bow altogether and went for jab as my anti-LI attack. Upon reading some of Nightfish's posts I also decided that I would be needing no valkyrie this time. I've always found dodge/evade/avoid more annoying than useful anyway.

I made on big plunder on the way. For some reason I actually socketed a +14 all res / 10-25 fire damage jewel into my Stormshield. It was only for the resistances! When I figured out that a P. Diamond would've been a better choice economically and more effective as well, I punched myself. Thankfully I had a spare Stormshield lying around so I punched a hole into it and whipped a perfect diamond in. I'm going to keep the mis-socketed one as a memento of my stupidity.

At level 82 Sangora decimated hell Baal and gained her rank. Here's the summary you've all been waiting for (did one cow run afterwards and got level 83):

Matriach Sangora clvl 83

Stats base (with items):
STR - 156 (245) (enough for Stormshield or Spirit Monarch)
DEX - 151 (237) (enough for Matriachal javelin)
VIT - 183 (217) (Rest)
ENR - 15 (39) (I think there are 4 stats in D2...)

Skills:
Power Strike - 20
Charged Strike - 20
Lightning Strike - 20
Lightning Fury - 20
Lightning Bolt - 2 (rest will go here)

Critical Strike - 1
Penetrate - 6 (to help Jab & physical hitting)
Pierce - 1

Resistances:
Fire 50
Cold 73
Lightning 75 (85 w/ Thundergod's)
Poison 13

Gear (upon beating Baal):

Harlequin Crest w/ +27 lightning res. 15% attack speed jewel
Upped Titan's Revenge (ed 189%)
Stormshield w/ Perfect Diamond
Lionheart Wire Fleece
Razortail (Thudergod's for Gloams)
Aldur's Advance
Saracen's Chance (waiting for another Mara's!)
Raven Frost
Manald Heal (for Mana Leech)

Raven Fist
Chain Gloves
Defense: 49
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 22
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7e057c47
+5 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +20%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+41 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Notable Charms:

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x2acceb53
112% Extra Gold from Monsters
36% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 11%

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xce71fcb2
+24 to Life

Fine Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xc816f145
+19 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Merc Chalan NM Defensive Desert Mercenary lvl 82

Gear (your basic merc survival kit!):
Rockstopper
Shaftstop
The Reaper's Toll

HellForge drops:
Normal - EL (I was devastated)
Nightmare - SHAEL (again a bit sad)
Hell - MAL (made up for it!)

Only notable find I can think of was Telling Of Beads amulet in Worldstone Keep normal. Other than that, I did find a lot of uniques and sets but nothing really worthwhile.

I think that about covers it. Oh yeah, I also wanted to ask for some suggestions considering my gear for cow-running - here it is currently:

Harlequin Crest w/ +27 lightning res. 15% attack speed jewel
Upped Titan's Revenge (ed 189%)
Stormshield w/ Perfect Diamond
Silk's Of The Victor (for skills and mana leech)
Razortail
Aldur's Advance
Mara's Kaleidoscope (borrowed from my blizz-sorc)
Raven Frost
Stone Of Jordan
Raven Fist Chain Gloves (see above)

I am going to swap my Stormshield for a Spirit when I find a 4 socketed monarch for it. If I ever manage to get a Griffon's Eye, I'll socket it with my perfect lightning facet and use that. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. :p

Now that I got a MAL I have the runes for Oath and a 4 socketed ethereal Small Crescent waiting for me. I guess it's a zealot next. Oh well, I think I wrote more than enough. Suggestions, comments, dissing, I'll take it all!

Last edited:
Originally posted by dkthomas29 on Jul 25, 2006:

Introducing.... Matriarch Cyrene

I am happy to say that my Lightning Javazon acheived matriarchal status! This was an intersting character as I found that about 90% of the time she couldn't be beaten.... but.... that pesky 10 percent of the time, I ran across immune to lighting monsters :shocked:

This makes a 6 triarchs.... 3 pats and 3 mats in my arsenal.

Skills

Lightning Strike - 20
Lightning Fury - 20
Charged Strike - 20
Lightning Bolt - 15
Valkerie - 6
Plus I dumped a few into dodge and evade and all of my prerequisites.

Character name : Cyrene
Character type : Lightning Javazon
Character level : 84
Character exp : 1012894206

Strength : 113
Dexterity : 109
Vitality : 229
Stat Points Rem : 44

Life : 1354 / 903
Mana : 204 / 139
Stamina : 463 / 376

Gold (Inventory): 0
Gold (Stash) : 1701577

Number of Items : 40

Acrobatic Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xcf63520
+28 to Life
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Greed
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xdffca519
32% Extra Gold from Monsters

Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x827f5b15
+29 to Life

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x776339ac
91% Extra Gold from Monsters
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 11%

Pestilent Large Charm of Anthrax
Fingerprint: 0x90e8ed30
+451 poison damage over 12 seconds

Acrobatic Grand Charm
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x3516006d
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Foul Small Charm of Pestilence
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xdf69c11e
+158 poison damage over 9 seconds

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xeb4f2e98

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 110
Durability: 9 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x8420122e
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+126 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+126 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x76e1c34d
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +26
+2 to All Skill Levels

Fortitude
Great Hauberk
'ElSolDolLo'
Defense: 1488
Durability: 45 of 50
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xe1babe91
+200% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +30%
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Cold Resist +30%
Poison Resist +30%
Replenish Life +7
+1 to Light Radius
25% Faster Cast Rate
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+115 to Life (Based on Character Level)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x30aaa08d
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xc5f2867b
+50 to Maximum Stamina
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+42 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Thundergod's Vigor
War Belt
Defense: 144
Durability: 18 of 24
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x2986733e
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+172% Enhanced Defense
+10% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
+3 to Lightning Fury (Amazon Only)
+3 to Lightning Strike (Amazon Only)
+20 Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 7 Fist of the Heavens when struck

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 130
Durability: 45 of 48
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x42feeca2
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+171% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 136
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Level: 76
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x13d82b4
+13 to Strength
+107% Enhanced Defense
9% Life stolen per hit
+8 Life after each Kill
25% Chance of Open Wounds
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Life Tap on striking

Gimmershred (switch item)
Flying Axe
Throw Damage: 41 to 184
One-Hand Damage: 47 to 181
Quantity: 176
Required Dexterity: 108
Required Strength: 88
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xefc026ac
+179% Enhanced Damage
Adds 218-483 fire damage
Adds 29-501 lightning damage
Adds 176-397 cold damage over 4 seconds
30% Increased Attack Speed
Increased Stack Size

Tiamat's Rebuke
Dragon Shield
Defense: 194
Chance to Block: 43%
Durability: 116 of 116
Required Level: 38
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xe9914dc6
+186% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +33
Adds 35-95 fire damage
Adds 1-120 lightning damage
Adds 27-53 cold damage over 6 seconds
+40 Maximum Durability
5% Chance to cast Level 7 Nova when struck
3% Chance to cast Level 6 Hydra when struck
5% Chance to cast Level 9 Frost Nova when struck

Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 74 to 197
One-Hand Damage: 74 to 145
Quantity: 140
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 109
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x8c929800
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+174% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Run/Walk
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size

Tiamat's Rebuke
Dragon Shield
Defense: 191
Chance to Block: 43%
Durability: 112 of 116
Required Level: 38
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x5e7b1998
+182% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +32
Adds 35-95 fire damage
Adds 1-120 lightning damage
Adds 27-53 cold damage over 6 seconds
+40 Maximum Durability
5% Chance to cast Level 7 Nova when struck
3% Chance to cast Level 6 Hydra when struck
5% Chance to cast Level 9 Frost Nova when struck

Mercenary Items :

Corpsemourn
Ornate Plate
Defense: 1838
Durability: 30 of 31
Required Strength: 160
Fingerprint: 0x36ab950d
+8 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+172% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +35%
Adds 12-36 fire damage
6% Chance to cast Level 2 Iron Maiden when struck
Level 5 Corpse Explosion (28/40 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Stealskull
Casque
Defense: 219
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Strength: 59
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x6b28ea4b
+200% Enhanced Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
44% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Obedience
Cryptic Axe
'HelKoThulEthFal'
Two-Hand Damage: 155 to 705
Durability: 62 of 65
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 132
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa01c36b4
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
+370% Enhanced Damage
+263 Defense
All Resistances +25
Adds 3-14 cold damage over 3 seconds
Requirements -20%
40% Faster Hit Recovery
-25% Target Defense
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
30% Chance to cast Level 21 Enchant When You Kill an Enemy
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Doctor Clock on Apr 15, 2010:

Matriarch Leper

"Neither earth nor ocean produces a creature as savage and monstrous as woman," Euripides.

Introducing Matriarch Leper , the Terrorzon.

Skills:

20 (27) Poison Javelin
20 (27) Plague Javelin
19 (26) Charged Strike
20 (30) Lightning Strike

1 (4) Valk
1 (4) Multiple Shot
1 (4) Guided Arrow

Plage Javelin damage: 18372-18608 over 13.4 seconds (~1380 per second)
Lightning Stirke damage: 1-1460 with 31 hits
Charged Strike damage 1-1465 with 8 charged bolts

Stats with gear:

Str: 159
Dex: 177
Vita: 260
Ene: 20

75% Block
1194 Life
75/43/85/11 Resistances
37 PDR

Gear:

The Face of Horror (Sol)
Mara's Kaleidoscope
+4 Thunderstroke
Rattlecage (Sol)
Gerke's Sanctuary (Sol)
Trang-Oul's Claws
Raven Frost
Thundergod's Vigor
The Stone of Jordan
Gore Rider

Riphook on switch

Life/resistances charms and a Gheed's Fortune

Mercenary

Act 2 Holy Freeze

Andariel's Visage (Ral)
Infinity
Gloom

The concept:

Build a very ugly Amazon based around Plague Javelin.

Thoughts:

A very sturdy, very fun, and very aggressive character. I had originally planned to use the bow a lot more and sort of watch things bleed/poison to death, but that turned out to be very boring so I went with Lightning Strike instead. Who doesn't like chain lightning? And watching her rampage through Hell with her purple jumpsuit of demon slaying was quite enjoyable.

Even with only 37 PDR, she could take quite a beating. Lister and his cronies didn't put a dent in her. She hardly ever needed healing potions or rejuvies. Mana potions were a different matter, though. She was addicted to those Dune-style.

Most characters hate Hit Causes Monster Flee. However, it was an amazing mod for Leper. Lightning Strike suffers from the next-delay bug such that if enemies are bunched up, the lightning will stop bouncing between enemies. If enemies are spaced out, the lightning bolts can bounce back and forth for their full duration (31 hits per swing is a LOT of lightning bolts. Enemies spaced like this is a good thing). I got the idea from a guide by SSoG. I don't know if it is on this site or not. Monster Flee also made her very safe. Enemies can't kill you if they're running away.

No deaths in Hell. Two in Nightmare, though, which made me sad. I guessed I missed the memo, but FE Council will still kill you. And even though it is "only Nightmare" cursed extra strong Frenzytaurs hurt.

The combination of Plague Javelin and Lightning Strike worked great. They really seem to work well together. The best part was that neither skill was a back up. In any give fight, I would lob a Plague Javelin at a group of enemies, switch to Riphook and launch a few volleys of Multi-shot to scatter/slow enemies, and then wade in with Lightning Strike, throwing Plague Javelin whenever it was off lockout. Things die fast that way. Although, stick an Infinity on a character and anything will kill well I suppose.

The only downside of this character was that the merc died a lot. I don't even know how many I had to resurrect, but I found myself staring at my screen on numerous occasions, asking "How did you die?" Emilio had no comment. He even died to that super unique diablo seal boss back of Stranglers in the Chaos Sanctuary. I don't even know the name of the leader because I've never even bothered to look at his mods. As far as I'm concerned, those things don't even do damage. They just steal mana. And yet he was dead in a few seconds. Wtf, Emilio. Wtf. I think I'm just used to playing Zealots where I don't need to toss the merc a potion every couple of seconds.

She was also a fairly lucky character. Only went through Hell with 33%mf, but a lot of sets/uniques dropped, including a Stormshield. She also found a Pul, Um, and Gul rune (Pul and Gul dropped from the same bosspack in NM). Fine by me.

All in all, this was a fun and deadly character. Not as deadly Lightning Fury, but few things are.

Moments that I though were worth capturing:

The Maiden of Anguish meets the Mistress of Horror
"Die, maggot!"
Big numbers
Now is not a good time to die Emilio

For whatever reason, photobucket was taking a long time to load the images for me. They work, but might take a while.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Originally posted by domac on Jul 26, 2006:

Matriarch Amanda

Here she is. My first Amazon ever to beat the game and save the mortal realm from prime evils.

CHARACTER INFO:
Character name : Amanda
Character level : 82
Character exp : 832584500

STATS:
Strength : 110
Dexterity : 136
Vitality : 239
Stat Points Rem : 0

Life : 1204 / 929
Mana : 255 / 136
Stamina : 584 / 384

SKILLS:
20 Ligtning Fury
20 Charged Strike
20 Valkyrie
19 Lightning Strike
1 Pierce <- will put 4 more here

DAMAGE:
CS:
592 - 1105
1-2458

LF:
664 - 1297
1 - 1283

EQUIPMENT:
Lionheart Great hauberk
Razortail
Aldur's boots
Laying of Hands
Stormshield w pDiam
3 java skillers
1 passive & magic skiller
28% Gheed

Crescent Moon amulet
Carrion Wind
Rare ring with LL

+

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
'Um'
Defense: 114
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x197fa33d
+74 Defense
All Resistances +78
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen

Titan's Revenge
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 176 to 339
One-Hand Damage: 156 to 286
Quantity: 27
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 141
Required Strength: 97
Fingerprint: 0x6170509
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+192% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
Required Level +7
30% Faster Run/Walk
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

MERCENARY: Defiance
Crown of Thieves
Corpsemourn
Arioc's Needle

She was very fun to play, particulary in norm/nm. That LF is one godly skill. Sometimes I was amazed how many monsters died from just one throw. In hell she had a bit of problems with LI's but she jabbed them until they died. Ancients were not a problem, I didn't have to reroll, only Madawc was LI. I have learned that maxed Valky is an awesome tank! And she could kill, too.

Notable finds: 28 Mara's, Griswold's helm.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Dornak on Sep 20, 2006:

Matriarch Sassi

My first Matriarch since I started playing again. Sassi is a Javazon, specialising in LF and PJ

She was level 82 when Hell Baal died

Stats

Strrengh: 190
Dexterity: 156
Vitality: 165
Energy: 71
Resists: all 75

Skills

Lightning Fury: 27
Charged Strike: 21
Plague Javelin: 27
Poison Javelin: 21
Valkyrie: 11
Pierce: 10

Gear:
Titans Revenge
Stormshield
Lore (Crown)
Peace (Scarab Husk)
Natalya's Soul
Nightsmoke
Manald heal
Rare ring with 15FR, 28PR and some mana
Blue amulet with res all 18
Various resistance and some +life charms

Defensive Normal merc wearing
Strength lance
Duskdeep
Lionheart (mage plate)

Equipment is far from optimal but its all self found and I dont have a mf character yet. Might work on a FO sorc next :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by DX-Crawler on Sep 19, 2005:

Another Lightzon goes Mat

Well here comes some more lightzon action

My Amazon was matted today after a long joruney of 3 days :D

Played with wolfie and other fellow forumites, and everything was done on players8.

So here she is:

Matriarch DieCowsDie lvl 82

Stats:
Str: 105/128
Dex:134/188
Vit: 246/148
Ene: 15/17

Life: 1157
Mana: 347

Gear:
Uppd Eth Titans revenge
Mosers Blessed Circle 2X Pdiamonds
Harley with Ptopaz
Uppd Skin of Vipermagi W/Um 50 all res
Crescent Moon
Crafted +2 Java Gloves (Thanks to wolfie for those)
Razortail
Rare boots with Dualresist
Raven Frost/Rare Dualleach
Switch: Uppd Titans Revenge and Mosers 2X Pdiamond

8 Javaskillers
Res 62, 75, 43, 50 Well enough for cowruns

Skills:
Powestrike 20/37
Charged Strike 20/37
Lightning Fury 20/37
Lightning Bolt 17/34

All the rest 1 point

And the sweet damage
Lightning Fury 1-2213 38 Bolts
Charged Strike 1-5078 10 Bolts

I think thats it

Ohh and a big thanks you to those who helped me and wolfie out specially in Hell, you all know who you are, Denton, Aman, Vega and the rest Thanks

DX

Last edited:
Originally posted by felixbavaria on Jan 6, 2012:

Matriarch Hope - Untwinked Single Pass Spearazon

Hi,

I'm a long time reader of this forum ever since I picked Diablo II from a "good old games" rack in my local store in 2008 (I think) and could not get past NM Mephisto using a randomly skilled Bowazon :) So I guess some contribution from my side is overdue.

After reading jiansonz' famous guide, one of my long term goals was to have an untwinked single-pass character. Since I thought a sorc would be too easy, I went for a Spearazon. And since I wanted to have a sturdy Valkyrie, I could not use Fend as a backup attack against Lightning Immunes due to the dodge bug.

So, here are the facts:

Summary:

Skills:
1 Jab
20 Charged Strike
20 Lightning Strike
7 Critical Strike
15 Penetrate*
8 (12) Decoy
17 (21) Valkyrie
1 in all other passive skills except Pierce

* Pumped in Nightmare before finding a weapon with ITD (see below). Was useful for boss fights though (applying Slow by The General's Tan Do Li Ga).

Life: 1320
Hell Resists: 75/75/75/27

Jab Damage (w/ Might): 562-1768 @ 6.5 fpa
Jab AR: 2872

Gear:
'The Impaler' Hyperion Spear (+20% ED jewel)
Chromatic Circlet of Speed (+24 all res, +30 FRW, 2x Perfect Ruby)
Chromatic Amulet (+26 all res)
'Lionheart' Wire Fleece
Laying of Hands
Nagelring (+25 MF, +75 AR)
Rare Belt (+10 FHR, +33 life, +27 CR, +8 PR, +80 GF)
Rare Ring (+7 LL, +9 all res, +21 CR, +29 FR, +12 MF)
Rare Boots (+38 LR, Half Freeze Duration, +23 MF)
Various charms (FHR, life, AR, resists)
Switch: 'Spirit' Crystal Sword / 'Spirit' Monarch (for casting Valkyrie and Decoy - FCR comes in handy in a heated battle)

Merc:
Act 2 NM Offensive (Might Aura)
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
'Obedience' Partizan
'Treachery' Mage Plate

Stats:

Experience: 1054614090
Level: 85

Naked/Gear
Strength: 131/156
Dexterity: 125/140
Vitality: 244/264
Energy: 15/25
HP: 950/1320
Mana: 141/156
Stamina: 417
Defense: lol

Fire: 75 (98)
Cold: 75 (76)
Lightning: 75 (76)
Poison: 27

MF: 67
GF: 110
FR/W: 37
FHR: 32 (7 frames)
IAS: 40 (11 fpa CS)

Game progress:

This character was quite lucky, finding Laying of Hands (in Nightmare Act V!!), an Impaler unique War Spear, a Pul rune (NM Hellforge), HelLumFal and a 3-socket Wire Fleece (THE armor for Amazons in terms of style points) for making Lionheart, and Tal Rasha's Ugly Face for the merc as well as Lem for making Treachery (in a Mage Plate). She also found HelKoThulEthFal for Obedience, but delayed making Obedience until late Hell Act V, since no better base item than a cube-socketed non-ethereal Partizan could be found.

The Impaler has "only" 3 range, but invaluable mods: +20 IAS, Ignore Target's Defense, 40% chance of Open Wounds and Prevent Monster Heal. Also, War Spears are among the items that profit most from upgrading (roughly 3.5 times enhanced damage). Add +20 IAS gloves and you end up with silly attack speed. All in all, a weapon worth considering for end game equipment, even more so for untwinked characters.

Elemental damage (Lightning) cuts through everything non-immune like a hot knife through butter, even without +skills; the backup damage type (Physical) is comparably weak and areas with a lot of non-Demon Lightning immunes (e.g., The Crypt or The Maggot's Lair) became quite tedious. Conversely, e.g., LI flayers were one-hit kills thanks to LoH.

All in all, one of the most enjoyable characters I played so far, mostly due to being untwinked. One of the things I like about untwinked single-pass play is that you learn to appreciate some low-level items such as The General's Tan Do Li Ga with an awesome +50 Slow modifier. It made all boss fights a cakewalk.

Most of the game was slow, but steady progress. Normal and Nightmare at /p8, Hell at /p1. Full clears of Nightmare and Hell, including all Evil Urns. Overall the toughest area was Nightmare Abaddon (with Horror Archer bosspacks backed up by Carver packs on steroids); this area took more than an hour of real time to clear. One of the scariest moments was spawning a Claw Viper bosspack in Nihlathak's lair from an evil urn in Nightmare. The merc died instantly but using a series of Valkyries they could be tanked.

Hell was surprisingly safe and fun to play, probably due to a switch from MF-oriented gear to full resistances and +life boost. The greatest nuisance was a PI/CI Zombie boss in Act I which could only be disposed of through Open Wounds since the Merc had no Treachery armor at that time. Nothing spectacular in Act II - Act IV.

The Ancients had to be rerolled countless times until none was Cursed, Extra Strong or Fanatic. WSK had gloams in level 2, including a convicting Spectral Hit bosspack; luckily, gloams are easy to separate and kill at melee range. The Throne of Destruction was more of an adrenaline rush due to two cursed Frenzytaur bosspacks, one of them Extra Strong, and backuped by a third, Might enchanted Frenzytaur bosspack. Without the powerful Decoy and Valkyrie, this would have been really tough, since the Merc hit the ground almost instantly. Conversely, all minion waves were easy. Baal himself was a joke; being slowed by The General's Ta Don Li Ga, he was in almost continuous hit recovery and was quickly disposed of due to Crushing Blow on the Merc's Obedience.

Two deaths in Nightmare: Surrounded by Skeletons in one of the Act II Tombs, caught in Dodge / hit recovery lock; instantly killed by a Cursed / Extra Strong Returned Archer bosspack in Act V.

No deaths in Hell difficulty. Probably none in Normal (cannot remember).

Notable finds include a variety of unique bows (including Riphook, Magewrath, Goldstrike Arch and Eaglehorn) and an awesome rare ring (see below). The highest rune found was an Um in Nightmare Act V. All Hell act bosses dropped junk exclusively.

All Quests were completed except collection of the Larzuk reward in Normal difficulty.

Hellforge: ?/Pul/Fal

Readouts:

Hope's The Impaler
Hyperion Spear
Two Hand Damage: 100 - 342
Durability: 21 of 30
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 120
Fingerprint: 0xec0bcdca
Item Level: 54
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+20% Increased Attack Speed
188% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+150 to Attack Rating
40% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Power Strike (Amazon Only)
+5 to Impale (Amazon Only)
30% Extra Gold from Monsters
Required Level +7
1 Sockets (1 used)

Socketed: Rusty Jewel of Avarice

Rusty Jewel of Avarice
Jewel
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xc6453ee5
Item Level: 79
20% Enhanced Damage
30% Extra Gold from Monsters

Hope's Chromatic Circlet of Speed
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x1dd734d9
Item Level: 55
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+76 to Life
All Resistances +24
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Ruby
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Chromatic Amulet
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xf84abadd
Item Level: 58
All Resistances +26

Lionheart
Hope's Wire Fleece
HelLumFal
Defense: 400
Durability: 31 of 32
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xd52f6e7f
20% Enhanced Damage
All Stats +10
+15 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+50 to Life
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 83
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xa12f1d1d
Item Level: 60
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x881e1f8d
Item Level: 28
+75 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Spirit Fringe
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 34
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x71f7e4a1
Item Level: 41
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+33 to Life
+5 Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +27%
Poison Resist +8%
80% Extra Gold from Monsters
Required Level +5

Skull Master
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xf953c311
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +3
Cold Resist +21%
All Resistances +9
Fire Resist +29%
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Pain Nails
Chain Boots
Defense: 29
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x158db1a6
Item Level: 67
+196% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +38%
Half Freeze Duration
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Switch:

Spirit
Crystal Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xf500e836
Item Level: 47
+2 to All Skills
+27% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+105 to Mana
+8 Magic Absorb

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 147
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x670e3488
+2 to All Skills
+32% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+112 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+5 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Mercenary:

Name: Vikhyat
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Off-Nightmare
Experience: 72866744
Level: 84
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 184/194
Dexterity: 148/158
HP: 1787
AR: 1898

Fire: 75 (83)
Cold: 75 (113)
Lightning: 75 (83)
Poison: 75 (83)

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 125
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x352806a2
Item Level: 62
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15

Obedience
Partizan
HelKoThulEthFal
Two Hand Damage: 159 - 352
Durability: 43 of 65
Required Dexterity: 54
Fingerprint: 0xcfabbf5d
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+213 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +20
Requirements -20%
5 Sockets (5 used)

Treachery
Mage Plate
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 248
Durability: 34 of 60
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x8088982e
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)

Notable finds:

A notable gift from Hell Anya, though probably useless:

Fiend Impaler
Matriarchal Pike
Two Hand Damage: 125 - 520
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 60
Required Strength: 132
Required Dexterity: 149
Fingerprint: 0xad0c3b07
240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
6% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit

Amber Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x33b4b95d
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Lightning Resist +11%

Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow
Two Hand Damage: 45 - 283
Durability: 27 of 44
Required Strength: 97
Required Dexterity: 121
Fingerprint: 0x659645a5
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
200% Enhanced Damage
+150% Enhanced Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Ignore Target's Defense
+450 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+25 to Dexterity

Demon's Arch
Balrog Spear
Throw Damage: 107 - 166
One Hand Damage: 88 - 168
Quantity: 80
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 127
Required Dexterity: 95
Fingerprint: 0xf630234
+30% Increased Attack Speed
168% Enhanced Damage
Adds 232 - 323 Fire Damage
Adds 23 - 333 Lightning Damage
11% Life stolen per hit
Replenishes quantity

Graverobber's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x24d25586
Item Level: 64
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Last edited:
Originally posted by frosty on Jun 4, 2005:

Matriarch PitViper

Number 2 of the Amazon Sept, Matriarch PitViper...

Level 86 Matriarch
Plague Javelin / Lightning Fury Amazon

Skill points

Maxed LF, CS, both PJs. 1 pt in every other thing less Critical Strike and Valk, with 2 points in them.

Stat pts

Str:96
Dex: 172
Vit:237
Ene: base

1.2k in life and maxed out resistances at 75/75/85/75 with full gear.

Gear

P topaz Shako
28 resist Maras
CoH archon plate
Titan's revenge with p diamond Stormshield
Thundergod's
Silkweaves
Ravenfrost + rare ring with +resist all and mana leech

Comments:

I can't write stories for nuts. :D

Life was difficult until level 30. Jab was used most of the time before level 30. Lightning fury took care of everything in NM and Hell that is not LI. Plague Javelin took care of the rest. LI/PI was poked to death.

A very safe build. She died 5 times. 4 times to Ancients. twice each to each difficulty and once to IM when I forgot about that swirly thing over my head.

She shall be my principal WSK runner and bovine runner from now on. Next up should be a M'varina bowzon and a crossbowzon. I think this is my 13/14/15 pat/mat now. Too many to keep track now. :teeth:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Frowzor on Jan 27, 2011:

Matriarch Gwenwyn - Toxic Fendazon

This is one of the more interesting characters that I've played, and I think the only build I couldn't see anywhere in the Mat/Pat thread.

I came up with the idea when looking at some info about Gunslingers, and thought if it could work maybe work better with spears instead of bows, since they'd all benefit from the same +skills.

Q: But wouldn't Lightning Fury have been better than Poison?

A: Probably.

Q: So why didn't you use Lightning Fury?

A: Because I already have an LFZon, and this seemed more interesting.

As an aside, her shield broke GoMule (wouldn't display its stats and text dump failed) so I had to use ATMA. Bear with me if something doesn't quite work right >.>

On to the actual information...

Character name : Gwenwyn
Character level : 86
Character exp : 1146555517

Strength : 100/151 Jav/161 Spear
Dexterity : 86/146 Jav/156 Spear
Vitality : 319
Stat Points Rem : 0

Life : 1454 / 1177
Mana : 322 / 142
Stamina : 533 / 468

Relevant Info:

LCS Screenies:

Jav LCS
Spear LCS

Resists: 75/55/75/48 on her spear side, also 75 PR on her javelin switch

Jab Damage: 584-4958 / 7076 AR
Fend Damage:1095-9386 / 9629 AR

Jab: 4.66 fpa
Fend: 6/4/7 frames

Poison Javelin: 72k-70k over 86 seconds -13%EPR
Plague Javelin: 60k-61k over 18.6 seconds -13%EPR

Skill setup:

1xJab, 1x Impale, 20x Fend
20x Poison Javelin, 1x Lightning Bolt, 20x Plague Javelin

13x Critical Strike (more points go here), 20x Penetrate, 1x Pierce

Main equipment:

Code:
Breath of the Dying
Ghost Spear
'VexHelElEldZodEth'
Two-Hand Damage: 132 to 1134
Required Dexterity: 120
Required Strength: 88
Spear Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xc624d64a
+30 to Strength
+30 to Energy
+30 to Dexterity
+30 to Vitality
+389% Enhanced Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
13% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
60% Increased Attack Speed
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
200% Damage to Undead
Indestructible
50% Chance to cast Level 20 Poison Nova When You Kill an Enemy
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (6: 6 used)

Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 75 to 200
One-Hand Damage: 75 to 147
Quantity: 140
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 109
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x65d113f4
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+179% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Run/Walk
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 525
Chance to Block:  45%
Durability: 74 of 74
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xce172ee4
+357 Defense
+333 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +23%
Poison Resist +34%
+109 poison damage over 2 seconds
+6 Life after each Kill
100% Chance to cast Level 23 Venom When You Level Up
+13% to Poison Skill Damage
-13% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x13879078
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x9f4ba6a6
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x41aa7963

Chains of Honor
Dusk Shroud
'DolUmBerIst'
Defense: 782
Durability: 20 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x5ad3c203
+20 to Strength
+70% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
All Resistances +65
8% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7
200% Damage to Demons
100% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 109
Fingerprint: 0xd85ece67
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+129 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+129 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x382c7155
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +23
+2 to All Skill Levels

Pain Fist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 16
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x4d751ec2
+8 to Maximum Stamina
+40% Enhanced Defense
Adds 1-3 fire damage
20% Increased Attack Speed

Dire Spur
Greaves
Defense: 28
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x399a7d1c
+79% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +31%
Lightning Resist +34%
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 107
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 32
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x3b008d5b
+15 to Dexterity
+150% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Maximum Damage
+15 Defense
Piercing Attack [33]
Attacker Takes Damage of 86 (Based on Character Level)

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xa5adcb42
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+43 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x3d10e695
+18 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Charms:

Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x363ec8b2
154% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 14%

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3ccec0b6

Fingerprint: 0xe1a8daa9
+22 to Life

Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x206d89ab
+29 to Life

Fingerprint: 0xe2231eb8
+33 to Life

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0xe8d27a2f
+4 to Strength

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x8b04b04b

Harpoonist's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x408eae04

Shimmering Small Charm of Fire
Fingerprint: 0x17934cf1
All Resistances +5
Adds 2-3 fire damage

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x82297edf
All Resistances +5

Shimmering Small Charm
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xe46b74ce
All Resistances +5

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x37aa9a0c
All Resistances +5

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdb349313
All Resistances +5

Steel Small Charm of Balance
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x1c190b4e
+32 to Attack Rating
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Lapis Small Charm of Balance
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x77a3f59d
Cold Resist +7%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x42904d96
All Resistances +5

Mercenary:

Name: Fiona
Class: Act I Fire Rogue

Merc LCS

Code:
Faith
Superior Diamond Bow
'OhmJahLemEld'
Two-Hand Damage: 145 to 176
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 65
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6890f746
+342% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +15
+120 fire damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ignore Target Defense
300% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Level 14 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
10% Reanimate As: Returned

Fortitude
Archon Plate
'ElSolDolLo'
Defense: 3429
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Fingerprint: 0x68904caa
+200% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Fire Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%
Replenish Life +7
+1 to Light Radius
25% Faster Cast Rate
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+129 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Delirium
Demonhead
'LemIstIo'
Defense: 598
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0xdba4a1f1
+10 to Vitality
+261 Defense
+2 to All Skill Levels
11% Chance to cast Level 18 Confuse on striking
6% Chance to cast Level 14 Mind Blast when struck
14% Chance to cast Level 13 Terror when struck
1% Chance to cast Level 50 Magic Shrine when struck
Level 17 Attract (60/60 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

And some other equipment socketed with jewels of carnage and ennui (lightning damage). She used that setup all the way through Act 2 normal without any problems I can remember, before switching to a bunch of + skill gear and the poison skills around level 30.

Note on early poison skills: although the duration increases every level, the damage ramps up very quickly as well, and is easily enough to kill regular monsters very quickly while still one-shotting bosses. Here's a screenshot in Act 5 normal.

Most of nightmare consisted of herding monsters, and all of them dying from a single plague javelin. She hit level 69 near hell got her Pointy Stick, and very shortly after that she was doing Pit Runs in Hell.

In defense of CoH: There was a thread recently asking about the pros/cons of the high runeword armours, and CoH got listed as an ok armour that wasn't really great for anything. Pretty much everything about it was perfect for this build.

Kira's level all resist where resist was hard to come by.
+2 all skills for the skill-based attacks
High %ED to Demons/Undead (useful in the pits) and +20 Strength
Life Leech
%DR
MF

The only mods that aren't amazing are the Enhanced Defense and Replenish Life, but everything else on it is pretty much perfect for this build.

After Fiona got Faith, The runs sped up very quickly, and it was time to move out and Mat her. Also, Delirium is really awesome. Seriously. Go try it. It provides serious crowd control, and I almost didn't notice the lack of life leech on her. The merc actually ended up doing a reasonable amount of damage, and helped kill things that were immune to physical or poison a bit faster.

In Act 2, she encountered a lot of enemies with high physical and poison resist (all of the undead/maggots pretty much). Which was when she switched her shield from Spirit to the HHG. That helped a lot against those guys, as well as wraiths and blunderbore-types.

Acts 2 and 3 flew by after that, until Act 4, when the enemies received a big enough damage increase to be putting her in hit recovery all of the time.

No Shield + No Evade + No CtA + No Hit Recovery + Melee Build = No Happy Amazon

Most of those were impossible to get around without completely rebuilding her (or a Zod-bugged CtA spear. I thought about it.) so I settled on hit recovery. War Travelers became Dire Spur and 2 Shimmering SC's became Hit Recovery SC's. That turned out okay most of the time, although I would have liked to get more. In retrospect I could've Shael'd the Shako, but she didn't actually have that much MF in the first place.

Act 4 was a bit slow after that since there's so much physical/poison resist, but it finished without any other big problems. Act 5 was basically a breeze all the way up until Lister, who put up a bit of a fight.

Fun Fact: BotD procs Poison Novas if you Plague Javelin some monsters and then switch weapons. Doesn't do much, but it's fun to watch.

Finds:

Wisp Projector in the Pit
Cham in Act 4 (right next to the Hell Forge. That's my kind of forge drop :whistling:)

Future plans: I think I'll level her some more in the pit, just because she's so much fun to play and since I put so much thought/work into making her. Overall it was very fun, and much more interesting than a standard melee-only build.

Next up: Similar build but using melee lightning skills instead of poison. Possibly with a slightly larger Pointy Stick :badteeth:.

Questions? Comments? "Your runes are haxxorz"'s?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Grape on Apr 14, 2016:

Matriarch Charlotte - Jab/Fendazon

Introduction

Last summer I was running Chaos Sanctuary with my to-be 99 level Hammerdin. He found many pretty things during the journey. Among them was this little thing. There was no doubt I'd need to do a spear wielding Amazon now. Fend was a skill I had never tried, so that was easily decided. Before putting those Ohms in, I needed to check all the attack speed jiggery-pokeries. I had a proper Tiara for that, and a few jewels to put into that, to take most of the care of those. Cool.

So Charlotte was made. Her sisters Anne and Emily were finished before her, but all three of them were played parallel, partly. So this whole triplet was not played as quickly as one could guess by just judging from the Mat threads.

Build

I went for pure Jab and Fend + all the skills I thought would the most benefit her. A1 Merc was hired to take care of most PI problems with her 'Wrath' Great Bow. Also had 'Kingslayer' stashed for unbreakable PIs.

LCS:
1584689249430.png

Items & Stats & Skills

Code:
Weapon: Ethereal upgraded Hone Sundan 'OhmOhmOhm'
Head: Jeweler's Tiara of Squid with 3 x ED/IAS Jewels
Body: Dusk Shroud 'Fortitude'
Gloves: 1.07 Laying of Hand
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: War Traveler
Ring1: Raven Frost
Ring2: Rare with AR/dual leech/dex/all res
Amulet: Mara's
Switch: CtA/Eth Monarch 'Spirit'

Inventory: skillers with life, melee charms, life/res charms

Merc:
Great Bow 'Wrath'
Ebug Scarab Husk 'Treachery'
1.07 Vampire Gaze 'Um'

Code:
Name:       Charlotte
Class:      Amazon
Experience: 1109532647
Level:      85

Naked/Gear
Strength:   139/154
Dexterity:  116/153
Vitality:   245/260
Energy:     15/20
HP:         953/1567
Mana:       141/181
Stamina:    393/393
Defense:    29/2039
AR:         550/1298

Fire:       128/88/28
Cold:       128/88/28
Lightning:  170/130/70
Poison:     128/88/28

MF:         49       Block:      20
GF:         0
FR/W:       39
FHR:        0
IAS:        65
FCR:        25

65 IAS with Ghost Spear reaches 7/5/9 Fend (3,57 attacks per second), 6,33 FPA Jab (3,94 attack per second). I found them plenty fast.

Code:
Inner Sight: 2/4
Critical Strike: 13/15
Dodge: 0/0
Slow Missiles: 1/3
Avoid: 0/0
Penetrate: 20/22
Decoy: 19/21
Evade: 0/0
Valkyrie: 0/0
Pierce: 0/0

Jab: 20/25
Power Strike: 0/0
Poison Javelin: 0/0
Impale: 1/6
Lightning Bolt: 0/0
Charged Strike: 0/0
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 20/25
Lightning Strike: 0/0
Lightning Fury: 0/0

I used Inner Sight and Decoy all the time, and Slow Missile was also very useful. No D/A/E for Valkyrie, because I wanted totally to avoid Fend bug. I rather attack when I want :p

Item dump

For those who want to take a closer look of my item's stats etc.

Code:
Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe84b83e3
+36 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8dc559f9
+38 to Life

Shimmering Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x30fadcf6
+7% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +13

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x7c7e989f
+10 to Maximum Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9ce2fb4
+10 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+32 to Life

Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4a378952
+37 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xd3d9701f
+3 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2890bbf3
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1ccc8e66
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x53169d58
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x59b44b92
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xae23e68c
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5f5ef383
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xadafec43
+3 to Maximum Damage
+10 to Attack Rating
+15 to Life

Artisan's Tiara of the Squid
Tiara
Defense: 49
Durability: 48 of 50
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x77b575e2
65% Enhanced Damage
+75 to Life
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Socketed: Rusty Jewel of Fervor
Socketed: Realgar Jewel of Fervor

Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa47dba89
+15% Increased Attack Speed
21% Enhanced Damage

Rusty Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xe0c9a45d
17% Enhanced Damage

Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8d85a672
27% Enhanced Damage

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5e75b213
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +30

Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1407
Durability: 18 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x341a34c7
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+127 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Skull Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x96b1c3a0
+18 to Attack Rating
5% Mana stolen per hit
5% Life stolen per hit
+12 to Dexterity
All Resistances +11

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x9e850aa7
+229 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 110
Durability: 21 of 22
Fingerprint: 0xee94bbdd
8% Life stolen per hit
+172% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
+10 Maximum Durability

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 136
Durability: 48 of 48
Fingerprint: 0x5a0b078
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+185% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 7
49% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+30 Maximum Durability

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 80
Fingerprint: 0x5e9fa261
Version: Expansion
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Absorb 50%

Shimmering Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd5f1fdb0
+30 to Life
All Resistances +14

Sharp Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xff070cb7
+7% Faster Run/Walk
+8 to Maximum Damage
+71 to Attack Rating

Kingslayer
Glorious Axe
MalUmGulFal
Two Hand Damage: 365 - 755
Indestructible
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 154
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x3f284124
+30% Increased Attack Speed
306% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
+1 to Vengeance
+10 to Strength
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Gul Rune
Socketed: Fal Rune

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Gul Rune
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Fal Rune
Weapons: +10 to Strength
Armor: +10 to Strength
Shields: +10 to Strength

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x9326c407
Item Level: 13

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa8e1cb65
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x528be504
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x82168ced
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating
+15 to Life

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Scroll of Town Portal

Scroll of Town Portal

Scroll of Town Portal

Scroll of Town Portal

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x87a6bea7
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Call to Arms
Superior Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 19 - 57
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x5367fe4c
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
285% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+5 to Battle Command
+6 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 14%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 219
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 43 of 44
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 146
Fingerprint: 0x6f2f76e3
+2 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+99 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Charlotte's Hone Sundan
Ghost Spear
Two Hand Damage: 135 - 1035
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 112
Required Dexterity: 153
Fingerprint: 0x38b759d
329% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 40 Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
Required Level +7
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)

Ohm Rune

Ohm Rune

Ohm Rune

Mercenary:

Name:       Debi
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Ice - Normal
Experience: 65260340
Level:      85
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   138/138
Dexterity:  209/209
HP:         1440/1440
Defense:    1192/2465
AR:         2241/2241

Fire:       158/118/58
Cold:       188/148/88
Lightning:  158/118/58
Poison:    158/118/58

Treachery
Scarab Husk
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 1021
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0x379b1483
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

Shael Rune
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Lem Rune
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x18f7f1ea
Item Level: 54
8% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
All Resistances +15
Damage Reduced by 25%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Um Rune
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Wrath
Great Bow
PulLumBerMal
Two Hand Damage: 12 - 52
Durability: 29 of 36
Required Strength: 121
Required Dexterity: 107
Fingerprint: 0xaeaaa3d5
30% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
+375% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+276% Damage to Undead
Adds 85 - 120 Magic Damage
Adds 41 - 240 Lightning Damage
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
Cannot Be Frozen
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Mal Rune

Video

Journey

She was played as Jab/Fendazon basically the whole time. For a little time I ran around poking stuff with Gull Dagger and envy jool'd stuff in normal. At level 18 she started to use her second main skill Jab with 5 socketed Brandistock filled with +15 max dmg jools. Plenty fast and hurty.

At level 33 she equipped Kelpie Snare and at 39 a normal non-upgraded Hone Sundan. Equipment was naturally upgraded all the time. I don't remember any particular problems during the Norm and NM play, she was plenty fast and pretty fun I think. Little by little I started to use more my other skills. I used A3 cold merc from Norm A3 till Hell A1. He was a good crowd control tool with freezing things a lot. I took notes of my progress for some reason, so if you want to know more, ask away!

I started Hell when Charlotte was level 74, having swang her transparent hurty stick for a whopping five levels already. Her damage was ridiculous at that point so I took Act 1 with players 8. My first unbreakable PI encounter was Treehead Woodfist. I killed it with that Kingslayer and Vengeance. It wasn't really practical, so I decided to use that only if some quest monster spawned unbreakable.

I lowered the setting for Act 2 to /P3. I knew there would be quite a few PIs. It was mostly easy sailing, and my merc could take down those few unbreakable PI bosses with ease.

Act 3 was played /P 5, Act 4 and 5 /P 3. But let me show more from the journey with screenshots..

1584689309665.png
I can tell you there were many bosses there. I think it was two Sand Maggot uniques and pack of Champion Beetles. One of the most entertaining encounters in the Act 2 desert areas in a while. It was not a problem in the end but that place had a lot more monsters I show in this picture. I was in a little hurry to make some ground for a fight, and had to be quite careful for a while.

1584689338172.png
Okay, let me cast Decoy there first to see how long she last versus you guys. Not going to rush there blindly! Decoy is a wonderful tool. She is like a monster magnet or something. Really handy if you want to take some heat out of you. Also great if you are running around in an area with possibly dangerous monsters to cast her beforehand to scout a little. And also like I do in the picture: test how tough monsters there is ahead.

1584689355550.png
Okay, I messed here up a little. One of the only places where merc might have died, I'm not sure. Little running around to make for a better fight position. There were a lot snakes and merc was targeting the skeletons. I Fangskin's pack was Decrepified or under Life Tap, I would probably had rushed in to them. Maggot Lair earlier was not problem. Debi took care of PIs with Wrath. Also those unbreakable bosses. Same happened in Arcane Sanctuary, and rest of the Act was pretty smooth going.

1584689372360.png
I toughened the monsters for A3 a little (P5), as I expected to see less physical immunities. I was right. These were a little scary though. Also some double boss pack with Might aura in Flayer Jungle was quite hurty. Everything got solved without much of a problems still.

1584689388701.png
Then The Travi. Easily the most funny part of my journey. Councils put up a proper fight this time. Here is Charlotte cleaning some space in case things get messy. They won't right? But just in case.

1584689411577.png
Oops. What's going on. Yep, I did some major separation after my merc fell immediately we arrived to Council's place. I woke up another boss pack which I hadn't noticed, too. Took them all for a little walk to WP place, and blocked them with a Decoy. Works great!

1584689429385.png
Aaand then the rest of the Councils. No, I didn't resurrect merc just yet. After losing her and getting a bit tangled with all of these I wanted to do them in one sit without help and backing off. I was having a belt full of rejuvs and strong gear after all. :p But nice that even then some tactics are in order to survive. I would have died without separating them. They punched me really hard before that.

1584689442103.png
Ahh. Decoy. So good. Doll magnet. Also, I could poke them far enough so that their explosions wouldn't hurt me. Very nice. There were many Doll Bosses down in Durance 1-2. Councils were tame in the Dura 3. Act 4 was quite uneventful. Probably the scariest fight was Lord De Seis. Took maybe a minute to kill his pack and all, haha.

1584689456790.png
I played P3 the whole act. I was sure I'd encounter lots of PIs but it was not so. Before these guys it was almost too easy. There's two boss packs. As soon as that Life Tap changes to Decfrepify life would start to lower alarmingly fast. Good that I had juvs left from the Ancients. Ancients were not hard, one stone skin just took quite long.

Lister spawned also stone skin, but was breakable. Very doable with Decoy separation, and taking 1-2 minions at a time.

Few words about the build and some other blabbering

Maybe few words. There's some Fendazons in the Mat/Pat collection, but haven't seen one played in ages.

Fendazon was no Zealot, or WW Barb, but still very powerful on her own. Very cool build. What I liked most was her tactical abilities with spawning Decoy. Inner Sight was also used about all the time, and I hit very well with that, not that I had bad AR anyway. Slow Missile was also really handy versus archers etc. Jab was used versus single/two monsters, or when I approached a boss pack from the edge and took few away before rushing in. Fend was used versus pack of +3 monsters. It was at its best when I could go in middle of big packs and leech away.

Maybe another tank in the form of Valkyrie would have been even nicer, but I really didn't want to get interrupted by D/A/E. If someone has experience with those and Fend, feel free to comment. But I believe it was much better this way. Secondary attack was not needed with Wrath wielding rogue merc. Very very nice combo. I loved the situational Life Tap, and abused that a lot versus unleechables. Most of the time Decrepify was on and that is a nice thing when you have no block and not that huge life pool, defense and so on.

Even if my pictures shows her life bulb full or almost full all the time, it was not so. She was quite vulnerable and was depended on the help of her tactical arsenal and merc's help. And life leech. That was necessary to have around the toughest monsters.

All in all, I can recommend this build for a nice PvM playthrough!

A cookie to one who knows why Sultans of Swings plays on the backround of my video. :p

Feel free to comment, ask questions etc.!

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High