Matriarch CodenameDuchess, Archer (physical bowazon) (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Matriarch CodenameDuchess, Archer. Sterling Archer!

Level: 84

St – 134 (180)
Dx – 187 (248)
Vt – 173 (188)
En – 15 (29)

HP 1022
Mana 341

Damage (With Might)

Magic Arrow: 232 – 2934
Multiple Shot: 219 – 3115
Guided Arrow: 347 – 4952

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Magic Arrow: 20/23
Multiple Shot: 20/23
Guided Arrow: 20/23
Valkyrie: 20/23
Critical Strike 6/9

Cold Arrow and Remaining Passives: 1/4

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Shael” Windforce

Weapon 2:

Spare arrows

“Um” Harlequin Crest
“Um” Naj’s Light Plate
Dracul’s Grasp
Rare Sharkskin Boots (resists, FRW & FHR)
Razortail
Saracen’s Chance
Raven Frost & Manald Heal

Merc (Act 2 – Might)

Rockstopper
Shaftstop
The Reaper’s Toll

Random musings:

I have always wanted to try a build using Windforce, but up until now I never got around to making one. I’ve had opportunities to make one in the past but never seemed to find the time, so that is now corrected. Was the build good? Hell yes. Was it significantly better than builds I have made in the past using an upped Buriza? Well yes, but then again, those builds were made before D2R. Look, I’m not complaining by any means but maybe I had higher expectations for the build, especially after the buffs the Amazon received in the latest patch. *Really! Some people are never satisfied!!!*

As I usually do when playing a bowazon, I start by pumping pretty much everything into Magic Arrow for the multiple benefits of the zero mana and arrow requirements, and the high AR bonuses. Then I filled in Multiple Shot, Guided Arrow and finally Valk. The final few points I put into Critical Strike.

Early, I bumbled around with some low-level bows until I was level 18, then I equipped my little beastie. It was a superior Stag Bow with +3 to Bow skills and 5 open sockets that I filled with Jewels of Carnage and one Rusty Jewel of Carnage. The bow took me to level 41 where I could equip a Shaeled Buriza, which took me to Level 73 and my Shaeled Windforce. That easy.

Without a shield to fall back on, I needed resists, so my charms, boots and amulet (not to mention the two Ums I socketed into my armour) filled this role. I had a rather poor +1 Bow skills gloves, but I eventually swapped it out for the Dracul’s Grasp for something different. I had always intended to put Lycander’s Aim on swap to cast my Valk, but I kept forgetting to equip it (old age I suppose).

No matter what weapon I was using, game play was simple; use Decoy to scout ahead and attract the enemy, Multiple Shot to clear packs and Guided Arrow or Magic Arrow for any stragglers or harder monsters.

PIs were never a problem really, Magic Arrow and Reaper’s did their job well, but the CTC Life Tap did overwrite the Decrep at times, not enough to make any real difference though.

So, that’s it, five of the seven D2R characters complete and just the Druid and Necro to go. I think I’ll do a Reaper’s werewolf but I’m still not sure about the Necro. A Boner perhaps.

Screenshot045.png

I’m going to have to update my 10K Murios Project data at some point.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High