LK in D2R

Ergro

Jun 20, 2021
Hello,

just a quick question, I just started running LK with my assassin for runes (I like it more than sorceress because I am too lazy for the whole tp back to act 4, telekinesis everything and also keep keys in inventory. The assassin with harmony bow, full FRW and burst of speed is so fast runner without any need for keys ever, that it just feel way more chill for me, just quick info for why I won't be switching to sorc.).

With the way loot spaces out and drops in D2R being different than in Legacy, is it actually easily possible for runes to be out of seeing when pressing alt? Should I like pick up every gold, run a bit around and so on or do the runes have say higher priority to show up in the listing of the loot?

I am being very paranoid about running LK for a long time and not getting anything not because of bad luck but because of the rune not showing up on clicking alt.

Oh and just a little off topic question. Is it right that the chest after Mephisto has the same drop table as LK chests? Are there any /p3 high runes at all or is it useless to open it on /p3 when running Meph?

Any info would be highly appriciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I've had a Sur rune drop out of sight in LK in D2R. I saw the orange flash b/c there was a low rune, but then when I ran around the hut, I saw the Sur rune.

The chest behind Meph is a super chest, but the drop table is different. The area level is higher, but I don't know if that's the only factor. I always hit it when I do meph runs, but I don't think that I've ever gotten a high rune out of it. Super chest runs take way, way more runs to get results than meph runs do.

Edit: I've typically done meph at /p5, but I've also done runs at /p3 more recently for speed.

There is an option to set the loot spacing back to original, but I can't remember where it is. Unless you are on a console.

I ran LK with my Assassin (see first post of the IFT). I found that it was quicker to run through town with BoS and Harmony than teleport to A5. I suspect that the game has to load different content when changing Act, so the load times were longer for me than the run through town.

Reactions: snickersnack
If you are worried about missing a rune in a pile, hit F to zoom and walk back and forth.

Text size remains the same but everything spreads out so you can see all the items separately.

I'm a tad obsessive compulsive, so this has helped a lot when I feel like I maybe saw an orange flash but don't want to sit there picking through loot.

Superchest drop tables should be the same, if players setting, act and difficulty is the same.
Since you're running, just find the option to set "item spacing" to "legacy", and the auto gold pickup. If you slap on some gold find stuff like gheeds and chanchies, you should increase gold substantially by the time you find the droids - err.. - runes you're looking for.

Reactions: snickersnack
Superchest drop tables should be the same, if players setting, act and difficulty is the same.
Since you're running, just find the option to set "item spacing" to "legacy", and the auto gold pickup. If you slap on some gold find stuff like gheeds and chanchies, you should increase gold substantially by the time you find the droids - err.. - runes you're looking for.

I am sorry but could I get a bit of a guidance on where to find the item spacing option?

I only see
1657062480951.png

The gold pickup sure, but the item label thing only changes how the holding ALT to show items works. I do not actually see the item spacing anywhere.

I am sorry but could I get a bit of a guidance on where to find the item spacing option?

I only see

The gold pickup sure, but the item label thing only changes how the holding ALT to show items works. I do not actually see the item spacing anywhere.
On the character select screen. On the multiplayer side, towards the bottom is an options key you can find the appropriate setting there.

On the character select screen. On the multiplayer side, towards the bottom is an options key you can find the appropriate setting there.
Oooh thank you awesome, would never imagine to look for that option there.

Hmmmmmmmm, I did not know that. I thought that area level mattered. The more you know. 🌈⭐ Thanks, cancer man.

I've seen people on Reddit claim that /p3 is the best setting for LK, and that's arguably the best setting for Meph, so there you go, I guess.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High