Liking the direction after September Dev Update?

Rush

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 12, 2020
The latest dev update was an interesting one. I actually quite like what's happening with the skill tree update. What I don't want to see is something as mad as POE or Wolcen appears down the pipe. I like the idea of a less is more approach.

The Enchantments are also interesting but it's too hard to gauge how useful these extra systems actually are but no major complaints on the idea. What's everyone else's thoughts on this latest update?

The skill tree feels shallow to me but they are not showing us the points you can pour into each skill yet so its a bit hard to conclude my feeling toward it. I don't think they said anything of value regarding the powers game with items, I really hope it improves. It's unfortunate that they are still stuck in the world of itemization vs skills because its becoming really old hat.

Yeh, the itemisation update is not due for a while I don't think which means nobody really know how this will all fit together. I can see a massive debate over this when an update appears.

The skill tree feels shallow to me but they are not showing us the points you can pour into each skill yet so its a bit hard to conclude my feeling toward it. I don't think they said anything of value regarding the powers game with items, I really hope it improves. It's unfortunate that they are still stuck in the world of itemization vs skills because its becoming really old hat.

They actually mentioned that is one of the biggest complaints and they want to shift it back to skills.

1. We agree with the feedback that a character’s power is currently too dependent on items. We plan to put more of the player’s power back into the character to make build choices more impactful, rather than have the majority of player power coming from the items they have equipped.

I think the end game needs to broaden the players options instead of narrowing them down like paragon did. If you look at runewords vs paragon for instance they both acted as a slow end game progress that could be carried from character to character to allow the end game to be impactful. A lot of people preferred the runeword end game because it broadened build diversity by having lots of different ways to use runes unlike paragon which more or less funneled everyone into the same character layout. I am hoping for a more broad array of options in D4's end game, when they get to it at course.

Reactions: Vang
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High