knockback and pierce

Neurofuzzy

Jul 19, 2003
knockback and pierce

Hi, I am new to amazons (i am making my first one now) and have a (probably) stupid question: i have knockback gloves, but it does not seem to work all the time. Is there something like a "chance to have knockback"? if yes, what affects it? And what does pierce really do? Is it important in PvP? Thanks for any help!

knockback has a chance of knocking back an enemy -
100% against small enemies(fallen ones for example)
50% against medium(human size)
25% against large(urdars for example)

pierce will give your projectiles(arrows/bolts/javelins) a chance to pierce(surprise:laugh: ) an enemy meaning, that it will go through your opponent. The projectile can then hit a second enemy with the same chance to pierce :wink3: .If you use any skill to "imbue" your projectiles with some other effects( for example freezing arrow) each time the projectile hits an enemy will trigger the cold damage area meaning that the damage can be multiplied many times.

in pvp pierce is not usefull.

flayed got it write except for the last part

pierce doesnt help the zon against one target, but necros and druids bring minions, pierce is great in getting rid of those minions.

Absolutely correct, but a few minor additions.

First, some monsters are immune to knockback. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Griswold, Coldworm, Ancients, the Act Bosses, and Izual, although I'm sure that I'm missing one or two (not The Smith or Haphaesto- both can be knocked back).

Second, it should be mentioned that you cannot stack Knockback. It's like PMH or Monsters RIP- either you have it, or you don't. You can pair a 6-socket Phase Blade stuffed with 6 Nefs along with Giant Skull and Cleglaw's Gloves, and you'll still have just a 25% chance to knockback large enemies.

Third, that only applies to gear-based knockback. All skill-based knockback (Bash, Leap, Psychic Hammer, etc) has a 100% chance to knock back any enemy that is susceptible to knockback (even large enemies, like Urdars).

I presume that, when u use an attack with a certain AR, like Strafe or Multi-Shot, the chance to knockback will also depend on the chance to hit (and therefore get lower). Is that correct?

pierce will give your projectiles(arrows/bolts/javelins) a chance to pierce(surprise:laugh: ) an enemy meaning, that it will go through your opponent. The projectile can then hit a second enemy with the same chance to pierce :wink3: .If you use any skill to "imbue" your projectiles with some other effects( for example freezing arrow) each time the projectile hits an enemy will trigger the cold damage area meaning that the damage can be multiplied many times.

in pvp pierce is not usefull.

Therefore kb works 50% of the time in pvp ?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High