Itherael's Council of Enlightenment - A Battle.net guild of like-minded Single Players

Just finished HotS match. :) Posting here, and will hang in chat.

Edit: Not sure, you dropped out, and I re-logged on. On a phone call atm. Hanging out in channel.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry I forgot I had a scheduled virus scan that shut's down my PC on Saturday mornings :ROFLMAO:

Hope you're recovering well. I just ran from where we were to the Jail level 1, but we'll start where we left off, Outer Cloister I don't know how B.net and new chars work, so I just wanted enough time to ensure it won't expire.

If anyone can/wants to join, currently level 12, Outer Cloister. EUROPE server, so pretty much any level is fine so far. UNTWINKED/SELF-FOUND, so no interaction with the rest of battle.net. Hopefully will be continuing from there over the weekends.

Reactions: ioupain
@Drystan Feeling a bit better thanks!

...so I just wanted enough time to ensure it won't expire.

You need to play for 2 hours to perm a character and in order to perm an account you need to play for 2 hours within the first 48 hours.

Hello! Yeah, wasn't available, although, I'd be available various times in the coming week. Next weekend is still ideal, but other opportunities exist.
The same for anyone else, if they'd like to partake in some casual multiplayer. Can work on the details. ;)

Reactions: ioupain
Start of Iteration 1
Long overdue and somewhat sparse update...

Saturday 11th April 2020:
We started our journey with new accounts, new characters, untwinked SC.

Character Profile
Class: Sorceress
Character: ice_Storm
Build: Blizzard & Thunderstorm
Theme: Based on the X-Men character Storm

ice_Storm - Elevator.gif

Saturday 18th April 2020:
Session skipped due to me being unwell

Saturday 25th April 2020:
We got to Act III

Saturday 2nd May 2020:
We got up to Normal Hell Forge and stopped for the day to individually claim our runes.
ice_Storm got an Amn
ICE_DrystanPi got something mediocre and not remembered

Saturday 9th May 2020:
We cleared Diablo, and all of Act V finding some decent sets and uniques along the way.

Screenshot1754.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that we changed the time from 09:00 to:

Time: 11:00 - 13:00 UK Time 24-hour notation (Currently British Standard Time - BST) - please adjust to your locale

Saturday 16th May 2020:
We started at Act I NM and cleared from the Den to Canyon of the Magi Waypoint. Lag and Ping were both bad for Drystan and at times even for me. Had a few close calls.

Along the way we found a Kelpie Snare which went to Drystan's Might merc. Along with Decrep from Drystan's Spellsteel that dropped last week, Duriel should be a lot safer next week.

Reactions: Babyhell
Pretty easy going most of the time. My ping went from around normal (for Aus to Europe server) at around 400 ping, to spikes as high as 2500. This is part of the reason why I wanted to play a more casual support, perfect for a Conviction/Meditation Paladin. My damage is very low, but I'm not there for the damage. It was good to hear that it was noticeable when I changed from Conviction to Meditation. The lag spikes so high were definitely out of the norm, so hopefully it's a bit better next week.
I also upgraded from an Act 5 merc to Act 2 NM desert mercenary for his Might, which apparently also helped ioupain's mercenary's survival.

Yeah, my Mercenary's weapon was really bad - not upgraded since Act II Normal (I stuck with it for Life Steal), so the Might allowed him to leech and stay healthy.

Saturday 23rd May 2020:

We started at NM Canyon of the Magi waypoint. We took out Duriel who actually dropped somewhat decently for once:
  • IK Helm
  • Pierre Tombale Couant
Then we cleared all of Act III and despite some very troll-y maps, we found:
  • Pul rune in Durance
  • Tal's belt (15%) from Bremm's pack.

We did a few more Meph runs but didn't net anything that stood out. Hopefully we will get a Mal rune from the Countess when we get there - to make an Oath.

Three deaths did occur during this session, all ICE_DrystanPi. These are the first deaths we have had, even though there have been a couple semi-close calls previously.

The first one, Tal Rasha's tomb, there was a section that was linked by a teleport over a wall. Ioupain with his Sorc went first and teleported back, and started typing. I waited a while, and due to the length of typing, I thought it might mean it was in that direction, so I weapon switched and teleported over. Smack bang into the middle of an entire group of Gorebelly's.

The second to a group of dolls in the Kurast Sewers. I ran ahead to scout, and retreated back to ioupain to deal the damage. I knew they were dolls, and I had already backed away to safety. For some reason, I walked back in, a single click, and started Zealing them. I know I could take several explosions, but ioupain also cast Blizzard over them. From my perspective, that's our usual tactic. I run ahead slightly, group a bunch, then retreat towards where ioupain is, and he Blizzard's them down. But, for some reason, I decided to go back in. POP! Dolls explode, and so does ICE_DrystanPi.

Third one, I don't take full responsibility. XD We had terrible luck with the DoH maps. We ran Mephisto a few times, and all but one had maps that go against the usual, hug-left-wall strategy. Many of them were actually one or two corners to the right, so we cleared most of the map, almost every time. Ioupain, on one run, wanted to find the exit a bit quicker, and so he teleported far ahead. On my minimap, he teleported probably 10 rooms to the right, then teleported back, and 5-10 rooms to the west. I ran after him, luring groups upon me, first east, and then west. I'm not the damage dealer. My latency has spiked, depending on day, between a normal 400-500, up to a whopping 2500, even >3000. That's why I chose a support Paladin. My Paladin has had a few weapon upgrades, and can deal with some things, but not a lot. In the end, mobs were all around, in every adjacent room, and I backed into a corner. That was a mistake. There were, with the latency, some monsters teleporting, but I still would've survived better if I kept running. In the confines of the corner... I don't need to elaborate. Ioupain came back to clear the mobs, portal up, and we continued on. :)

Saturday 20th June 2020:

Wow I guess I've missed writing a few updates!

We've got to Hell Act IV.

Hell Act III was really challenging with lots of Cold Immune Hulks. I think we had 2 death's for Drystan, once to a nasty Gloam pack and once to Icehawk's pack.

Finds:
Bonehew - which went to @Drystan's Mercenary
Fal
Ondal's Wisdom - Meph's quest drop

I would love to be a part of this but I don't think I could catch up with where you're at. I'll keep an eye on this and if y'all start another fresh run I'd love to join in, I'm in Alaska but I'd drink some coffee and stay up for some quality MP action.

Battle.net has been very depressing, I leveled a k/t sin without the aid of bots last year and it was a very lonely experience. Difficult to find people to join level appropriate questing games or baal runs without bots anymore.

Saturday 27th June 2020:
We got our Hell Forges (Drystan = Mal, ioupain = Fal):
1593862275215.png

1593862284893.png

And we killed Baal who dropped nothing of note as usual:
1593862352216.png
1593862243320.jpeg

Saturday 4th July 2020:

Today we completed Hell Nihlathak, there were Vipers but @Drystan convinced me it would be ok....and it was! We carefully inched our way forwards with Redemption on.

We also completed Hell Cows, NM Cows and Normal Cows in that order just to finish things off properly. No major finds.

End of Iteration 1

Reactions: Pb_pal and Drystan
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High