Itherael's Council of Enlightenment - A Battle.net guild of like-minded Single Players

ioupain

Jul 12, 2003
ioupain.github.io
Itherael's Council of Enlightenment
A Battle.net guild of like-minded Single Players

1. Introduction
Hi everyone, @Drystan and I are looking to find a group of like-minded single player forumites to join our guild/clan on Battle.net. Yes I realise SPers on Battle.net is a bit of an oxymoron, but I'm sure there are other SPers out there who miss the collaborative party play element that they once enjoyed before Battle.net got overrun with cheaters. I'm part of a group over at the Amazon Basin forum and it works really well, so I'd like to create a group here too. The last few years have been tough for a lot of us and the current pandemic is not helping matters. It would be nice to have a friendly party to play with every week to keep us sane in these strange times! 😄

The reason we're using Battle.net is because it makes things simpler as we don't have to worry about other software, FAM status, mixing stashes, separation of HC/SC, taint and the rest of that minefield of sticky topics.

2. Details
Time: 22:00 - 00:00 UTC - please adjust to your locale [EDITED: 2021-01-04]
Day: Saturday
Server: Europe
SC/HC: Softcore (due to desync/lag/latency as @Drystan is in Australia)
Channel: op ice
Items: Untwinked at the start of each iteration (we will try to get into sync with ladder season but we will start mid-season for the first group). Only items found by guild characters are permitted.
Theme: I prefer to play themed groups so that we can use strange skill combinations or underused equipment and mercenaries. Being in a party will allow us to cover immunities, so now is a great opportunity to try those single element builds, meleesorcs or rangermancers.

3. Guild name

Itherael's Council of Enlightenment
(can shorten to 'ice_' or '_ice', prefix or suffix)

Itherael - Archangel of Fate, is an angel of the High Heavens and lorekeeper of the Angiris Council. Wielding the Talus'ar, the Scroll of Fate, he is clad in grey and appears neither male nor female.

I like this for a lot of reasons:
  • Enlightenment is the Sorceress rune word armour and Sorceresses are my favourite class
  • Itherael's neither male nor female and the guild name doesn't lock us into one class - anyone can be enlightened
  • He's a lorekeeper and very wise, many of us have a lot of game knowledge so it kind of fits
  • It's easy enough to say - not some difficult to pronounce acronym
  • Cold is my favourite element

4. Guild Members
@ioupain
@Drystan
@intersilva
@Vildecor
@smloeffelholz
@Babyhell

5. Scroll of Fate 📜
An account of the guild's history:
IterationStart DateEnd DateLadder SeasonThemeParticipantsCharacterClassBuild
12020-04-112020-07-0425 (2019-12-06)-ioupain
Drystan
ice_Storm
ICE_DrystanPi
Sorceress
Paladin
Blizzard & Thunderstorm
Conviction Zealot
22020-07-112020-11-2826 (2020-06-05)Powerful Summonsioupain
Drystan
intersilva
Vildecor
ice_Psylocke
ICE_LadyHawkeye
ice_Logan
ICE_Erim
Assassin
Amazon
Druid
Necromancer
Lightning Trapper & Shadow Master (DC & V)
Frostmaiden & Valkyrie
Hunter/Summoner
Iron Golemancer
32020-12-122021-04-0627 (2020-12-04)Weatherioupain
Vildecor
Babyhell
intersilva
ice_Sunspot
ICE_Judgement
BootsTo_ICE
ice_Selene
Druid
Paladin
Barbarian
Assassin
Fissure, Volcano & Armageddon
Fist of the Heavens + Conviction (Templar)
Whirlwind Horker
Cloak of Shadows, Death Sentry & Fade

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell and D2DC
Yeah I’m interested as well. Don’t know how much playing I’ll be doing anytime over the next few months but I am interested

Reactions: ioupain
Excellent!

Apologies! There's a 14ish hour time difference between the US and Australia (depending on the various timezones). So it makes it a challenge to include both!

Last edited:
If it wasn't such a hassle to have 1.13d and 1.07 for SP and then 1.14 for Battle.net I'd probably have some SC fun. I'll have to think about it.

Time zones are always a challenge for Australians. :)
Upgrade to 1.14 and skip 1.13D. I don't believe there's much of a difference, but there is a division in terms of SPF trade/MP pool. I now would just consider pretty much everything of mine as upgraded to 1.14D at this point, as I won't be reinstalling for 1.13.

1.14 breaks a few things and doesn't offer anything different in terms of gameplay as far as SP goes. multi-instance.dll is the main one for me and I'm sure other things will go wrong too. So I'm definitely not upgrading until (if ever) a patch that actually changes something comes out or everything available for 1.13 is available for 1.14 as well and I'm doing a fresh game install (which will happen when at some point I buy a new PC).

• Sad
Ah, I forgot the 1.14 patch messed with some other mods/multi-instance. Will be starting tomorrow evening, my time, I believe, if all goes well. Will check in later, closer to the time.

Any thoughts on what theme you're thinking of? I'm still thinking I should play a safe support character. Something that can help out without actually needing to deal damage. Paladin with Fanaticism or Conviction would help you out. Other than that, any ideas?

Edit: I'm one day ahead of myself. A couple of days before this weekend!

Last edited:
3. Guild name
We should come up with a guild name, I haven't settled on anything yet. I quite like the idea of something to do with:
Itherael - Archangel of Fate, is an angel of the High Heavens and lorekeeper of the Angiris Council. Wielding the Talus'ar, the Scroll of Fate, he is clad in grey and appears neither male nor female.

How about...
Itherael's Council of Enlightenment (can shorten to 'ice_' or '_ice', prefix or suffix)

I like this for a lot of reasons:
  • Enlightenment is the Sorceress rune word armour and Sorceresses are my favourite class
  • Itherael's neither male nor female and the guild name doesn't lock us into one class - anyone can be enlightened
  • He's a lorekeeper and very wise, many of us have a lot of game knowledge so it kind of fits
  • It's easy enough to say - not some difficult to pronounce acronym
  • Cold is my favourite element

Still open to suggestions or vetos if you hate the above!

Speaking of Enlightenment, how about the theme for our first iteration is that we all aim to use our class specific 1.11 rune words? This does make it a bit more difficult for a Necromancer, Paladin and Druid though, but it could be a fun challenge and with the exception of Treachery, most of those aren't used as end game gear, so it is a little bit quirky and different.

Staying home and online the rest of the day. Will check back now and then as, I believe, the time approaches. Will be playing HotS for the time being though.

So...it looks like I may not be able to join. Battle.net is not responding for me, which is supposed to mean I have a temporary restriction. Not sure why.

:( Re-install, and give it a bit of time. Make sure there's nothing directing to RWM or modified dll/mpq files. Could just be a connection issue, but I'd suggest re-installing. We do have things that B.net may pick up. It should notify you your account has been suspended as opposed to simply not responding.

I'm in [Channel down] on Europe server. AFK as still playing HotS, but checking forums between games.

Last edited:
Tried other servers? No idea though to be honest. B.net isn't something I have much experience with.

Yeah, it's the same thing with all four servers. Browsing through the behaviors that can result in a temp restriction, I had to laugh at this one:

Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items

I connected last weekend to create a Bnet account, saw that I had to play for 2 hours within the next 72 hours to keep the account. I did a lot of this while shopping Charsi, as I do on all my new, untwinked characters. Turns out it was for naught anyway, as I was on USWest and didn't realize I needed a separate account for Europe. If they can issue temp restrictions for something as silly as this, I'm quite happy to stay away from Bnet.

• Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel
  • Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items
  • Repeatedly using a spell with no cast delay such as Amplify Damage or Glacial Spike

What? Intended game mechanics and hotkeys can lead to temp bans? I understand a reason this may've been implemented, but... Flawed design. Glad I never had to deal with that.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High