Question Item Farming in D2.... (Something crossed my mind)

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
So I know when you're trying to grail i85 areas are the best in terms of long term potential.

But say I'm on my way to Stony Tomb and there's packs on the way to the tomb, what's the negative to killing them and this example could be extrapolated for all zones like pits ect too.

It’s time spent killing monsters that can’t drop everything. Then again whatever keeps running from becoming tedious to you, helps. :)

Totally agree, I find repetitive runs of the same thing boring and like to mix things up. Also, sometimes one of those nondescript boss packs can drop a high rune. Found a Sur and a Lo on the way to the Countess for example

Whatever makes you happy. Eg I have a sub-optimal map for Durance 2 on the way to meph. In those extra seconds I've had boss packs I'll killed and grailers I've gotten. Including ones meph can't drop. Realise this isn't 85 stuff but still makes me smile

Reactions: Zyr
As a player, IMO there has been too much emphasis on efficiency in the SPF over the last years. Grailling is different to winning an MFO. It is an ultra marathon, not a sprint. Play what keeps you playing. Play your characters in alvl85 areas, eventually the items will drop. Don't try and force it, you will burn out.

I found Tyrael's with a Necro I was levelling for PvP, in The Pit at /P8. He was optimised for kill speed, not MF. He also found an Ethereal Stormlash.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High