Inventory Space

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

So I was just wondering, how much empty space do you leave in your inventory?
Also do you carry a Tome of Identify?

I usually leave a 2x4 empty space so I can pick up every item
but with my MF chars I may only have a 2x2 for some extra MF and Tome of Identify.

So what about you?
Which do you think is the best setup?

Last edited:
4x3 via cube and a town portal tome + key has been my SOP for both questing and mf-ing.

LK running, on the other hand, 6x4 + 4x3 (cube). Rest filled with charms and keys.

Best setup? It's subjective. It's like asking which is the best setup for potion arrangement😅

Reactions: Excalibur
MF
3 purples and tp scrolls in belt, for heavy MF just the empty cube, no id, I rarely need an id during a run, so for me it's not worth the time (and I wasn't set on that position before, but it works pretty well). Also, no key while targeting bosses: not enough chests, and at least in the Pits lvl 2 I can't get better than...Vex? @art_vandelay should be able to confirm that.

LK
For LK, enough for survivability, everything else empty. In fact, not even using cube before muling out, it is here only in case of very fruitful last run.

My two cents!

Also, no key while targeting bosses: not enough chests, and at least in the Pits lvl 2 I can't get better than...Vex? @art_vandelay should be able to confirm that.
For chests:
ActHighest Rune
1Vex
2Lo
3Ber
4Cham
5Zod

Reactions: Babyhell
Empty cube 4x3, pack 4x4 (if I can keep that much free), and I carry keys (on non-assassins) and both tomes. I like to identify rares as well as potentially desirable blues/greys in the wild as I find them, then decide whether to drop, sell, or stash them.

MF
3 purples and tp scrolls in belt, for heavy MF just the empty cube, no id, I rarely need an id during a run, so for me it's not worth the time (and I wasn't set on that position before, but it works pretty well). Also, no key while targeting bosses: not enough chests, and at least in the Pits lvl 2 I can't get better than...Vex? @art_vandelay should be able to confirm that.

You never carry Id? :O
Do you ignore rares or you identify them later?

@Excalibur

The typical rare items to pickup are generally 4x2 (pelts/primal helms/circlets/gloves/boots etc), so you can still stuff a couple of them in the cube to id later.

In any case you're lucky enough to find more, a short tp to town is still viable. Other alternative is to lose a potion row for id scrolls.

I usually keep no free space but a tome of identify and the cube, which contains extra equipment for prebuffing or special situations. Charms take up the rest.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High