Intro thread - Old diabloii.net SPF vet returning!

Coyote_Sly

Jan 23, 2022
I posted back on the old single player forums in the original days under JihadJesus, and I'm coming back! I bought D2R around release and thought I'd try battlenet this time around, but without the SPF community I just couldn't get into it the same way.

I'm starting fresh, which is going to be kind of fun. I had planned to kind of wait until the new patch dropped, but I may start screwing around levelling now instead!

Welcome back. Many new faces around the forum and it's so fun.

I agree about not getting into it the same way without the community. I do play for long stretches without posting, but when you hit something really juicy or do something cool, and then have no one else in your life who understands the significance of it, it's so nice to have the people here who do and will share your joy.

I agree about not getting into it the same way without the community. I do play for long stretches without posting, but when you hit something really juicy or do something cool, and then have no one else in your life who understands the significance of it, it's so nice to have the people here who do and will share your joy.
My wife should get a pure premium account just to keep this place going instead of having to hear me wax diabolic. :)

welcome back ... if things work out we will see a 6th act in the future.

Among other reactions ... but for me it's the general reworking that's exciting. Gives me lots to do while finishing my grail.

Reactions: snickersnack
welcome back ... if things work out we will see a 6th act in the future.

Among other reactions ... but for me it's the general reworking that's exciting. Gives me lots to do while finishing my grail.
I don't think that this is too surprising. There may be plans for some retconning to make the story in D4 work, and a 6th act in D2R would be one way to do that. Like, "Oh, Cain's not really dead..."

Perhaps more interesting will be whether they introduce a new class with such an expansion. Rebalancing skills to make room for a new class is consistent with that, but that's purely speculation.

I don't think that this is too surprising. There may be plans for some retconning to make the story in D4 work, and a 6th act in D2R would be one way to do that. Like, "Oh, Cain's not really dead..."

Perhaps more interesting will be whether they introduce a new class with such an expansion. Rebalancing skills to make room for a new class is consistent with that, but that's purely speculation.
One of the big d2r community contributors had a bit of a verbal slip while streaming very recently .... probably violated his NDA lol

But any news is good news in this case ....

Welcome back man. Your flaming mauler has been on my mind quite a while. It will probably be one of the first things I play after my septs.

I look forward to hearing some more about your future exploits.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High