i'm making Artie. i need help.(titan buid)

Cold_burn

Nov 1, 2004
i'm making Artie. i need help.(titan buid)

ok, so i'm making Artie (Strongest man, IN THE WORLD!!). And me and my friend pondered on how, then it came TITAN BARB! its the only way, and i want him to be mega pimped so price isnt a problem. We figured that a WW titan would work nice and that an eth great poleaxe(botd) would have an awsome radius and all that junk. (plus low dex req)

:scratch: my only prob now with gear and dex req, i kno i'm gunna need alot of *20life sc and i got most of them. i saw on another thread somewhere some guy got 700str, how i have No idea. Help me?

recommended setup:

weapon:great poleaxe
dexterity(botdgpa req):70 with arreats,raven,anni etc.
armor:coh/duress
jewelry:highlords,raven,carrion
boots:goblintoes-base runwalk & higher cb.
gloves:steelrends

Go all strength if you can manage 2.5k life post bo with charms,if not get 2.5k life with a few in vitality & dump rest into strength.

Razgriz

I'd go:
Helm: Arreats
Wep: Botd GPA
Armor: Enigma (can't go wrong w/ 60+ stength and other great mods)
Gloves: Rends (Get 20 Strength ones just to see how high you can get)
Belt: Tgods (Again stength and souls are no longer a problem)
Boots: Travs (even more stength and that 15-25 damage is huge)
Ammy: Probably Mara's (I think you'll need the resistance) if not highlords is always good
Rings: Ravenfrost/Bk

Thats 160+ stength from gear

the maras is nice but sadly i have no points in anything cept str. cause its a titan, so my life is pretty low. so i dont really plan on resists as either a prob or an issue. cause i'm gunna die no matter what lol

If ur planning on making a kamikaze char.. make a sorc and get all the low def stuff with max socks u can find... AND SOCK DIE FACETS!!! max all masterys and just tp on in there.. when u die.. they die.. cmon that HAS to be fun right? oh.. otherwise do the same with necro and max lower resist.. then die.. that has to be kinda fun too :D

Cold_burn said:
cause i'm gunna die no matter what lol

i disagree in the strongest possible manner

a no expense spared titan ww barb is invincible in pvm, pvp is a different matter tho, as u can kill fairly quickly but you can die pretty fast too.

As razgriz knows, i disagree on some of his item choices...

Arreats ed/str
CoH
Angleic ring & ammy
BK
eBotD GPA
IK Boots / Belt / Gloves
anni
LOTS of 20 vita's ( or max/ar/life if your budget will spread that far)

This is for pvm, where CB is nigh on useless - you 1 hit/ww KO most things even in an 8 man baal run. Also the lack of cbf means that you get extra whirls in when some nice monster has chilled you.

@razgriz - seriously m8, make a titan barb with the IK bits on and tell me that u need the CB :). Imho you haven't quite grasped the sheer killing power of one of these guys, 4-12k WW, with some DS from mastery added on top, and the lack of cbf = serious slaughter which needs zero help from OW/CB etc etc etc.

Shanksie1337 said:
Arreats ed/str
CoH
Angleic ring & ammy
BK
eBotD GPA
IK Boots / Belt / Gloves
anni
LOTS of 20 vita's ( or max/ar/life if your budget will spread that far)
QUOTE]

budget doesnt matter, i just wanna make a mega pimp char that rocks. I'm kinda confused about the BK ring tho? why not more AR from another Angleic ring?
and how much is a 20 vita smc and the max/ar/life. do the 32020 exist on ladder? cause this is a ladder char
Now the issue of freez. i get frozen alll the time, quite annoying. but should i consider it a big issue ?
And what about the rends not only do they add str but 60%damg and crushing blow. but then i dont get the faster hit recovery, that i too am lacking.

Mobbaren said:
If ur planning on making a kamikaze char.. make a sorc and get all the low def stuff with max socks u can find... AND SOCK DIE FACETS!!! max all masterys and just tp on in there.. when u die.. they die.. cmon that HAS to be fun right? oh.. otherwise do the same with necro and max lower resist.. then die.. that has to be kinda fun too :D

I think only one or two die-spells trigger when you die so it would be pointless to put so many facets.

Slightly OT thought.

Hi

Just a thought: if you need to to go with the GPA, then 2 Zerkers would be a great alternative.

2 BotD: for another +30 to all stats. Very useful life boost.
Botd/Beast: possibly a bigger str boost!

The latter would be similar to my current project, as it happens. I pumped str to 232, though, and then started on vit - so I'm going to end up with plenty of life - I want the safety!

Equipment: Current (eventual - I hope)
Shako PT (CoA - ED str jewels)
Highlords
Runemaster 3x15ias, 1 ED/min (BoTD Eth Zerker)
Beast Zerker
CoH
Laying of Hands (Rends)
String of Ears (in your case, I'd use verdungo for the life)
War Travs
Ravenfrost
Rare ML ring (blood crafted ring)
Anni + other charms.

CBF isn't esential - but maybe there is an AR issue in a build without Beast and with such low dex. If AR is okay (charms, perhaps), then BK for ravenfrost, definitely. If one needs CBF, cham the hat!

Cold_burn said:
1. I'm kinda confused about the BK ring tho? why not more AR from another Angleic ring?
2. How much is a 20 vita smc and the max/ar/life. do the 32020 exist on ladder? cause this is a ladder char
3. Now the issue of freez. i get frozen alll the time, quite annoying. but should i consider it a big issue ?
4. And what about the rends not only do they add str but 60%damg and crushing blow. but then i dont get the faster hit recovery, that i too am lacking.

-plz forgive the slight editing :p-

1. With ammy and 1 angelic ring you get the +10 dex (useful to get the 70 needed for the eGPA) and the life, you also get ~9k ar with the one ring which is more than enough for pvm.

2. Dunno sorry - i only play EUNL - tho i am sure a quick google would determine whether or not 32020's are available on L.

3. Being frozen is your best friend in pvm - embrace the freeze :D. If you get frozen and need to run away (tho with a titan you have done something wrong if you are retreating), then simply WW away.

4. The CB is useless - dead things don't get affected by CB. The 30-60edam is nice ofc but i like the +dex on the IK gloves aswell as the partial bonus's that i get with 3 parts. I tried rends/gores etc etc and went back to the IK setup. You might prefer the other options so give it a try :D.

Shanksie1337
alright thanks alot man, sorry for my lack of orginization. heh

now i have one more question, what if i went metalgrid, and dual ravens :surprise:

and why on earth would you do that?

you only need 70 dex, no more - and with an anni (you said cost isn't an issue - so a 20 stat is what u get)
a barb starts with 20, so thats you on 40 dex and an arreats adds 20, so we are up to 60 - so at worst use 1 raven (tho i prefer the 10 dex from angelic ring+ammy. This doesn't even take into account the +30 from the botd itself - so you could always get some +dex, pop on your botd then remove the +dex charms for that empty handed look :)

tbh metalgrid+2*rf's is really not the way to go - the only good things a rf has is ar as your dex is sorted elsewhere, the ar is fairly easy to get, the cold absorb is pointless and cbf is actually a bad thing. The cold damage is nice i suppose but after 1 ww they will be dead so colding a monster isn't an issue.

The metalgrid has:
res's - arreats(30) + anya(3*10) + anni(20) + coh(65) + 1 point in Nat res (44) = maxed resists.
defense - kinda pointless - we have no sheild so aiming for uber defense is silly - besides we attack not defend!
golems - completely pointless
400-450 ar - at best 450 - add 250 from a perfect raven and we have..... 700 (we'll call it 775 due to the 20 dex added from raven) - One angelic ring adds 12ar/char level - so a lvl 85 barb get's 1020 ar - plus 10 dex . The angelics give +95 (before BO) life, 6 rep life and damage to mana which is priceless sometimes. ateotd the angelic ring+ammy maybe the cheapest option but they also happen to be the best :D (read 95% of most pvp melee builds and no matter the budget they will say use angelics - they are simply that good! - we are only using 1 ring as the extra ar isn't needed for pvm)

The second ring slot is spare - u could use a nice rare ring - with +life +ar +max + stats +res +min +leech etc etc, but for ease i'd go for a nice 5%BK. I suppose you could use a ravenfrost if u must, but it really isn't the best choice on a titan build.

plz remember that being frozen is a very GOOD thing - so this makes ravenfrosts very very bad things to wear - imho avoid at all costs - nevermind wearing 2 of the buggers :p.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High