D2 Amazon hybrid ranged javazon? Or make a bowazon?

ElNoob

Sep 30, 2021
Back in the day I ran a hybrid javazon, with 2 titan's for lightning, and then buriza or kuko or demon machine as my switch, letting guided arrow take down the lightning immunes. Never did much with runewords back then because I had a lot of great uniques.

Obviously I don't have those yet in D2R, and haven't found any decent javelins yet. I'm still rocking an imbued ceremonial javelin that is just barely not garbage. That didn't stop me going 20 on charged strike and lightning fury though, and I'm cruising easy in NM Act 5 with 50 - 75 resistances and 205%MF, facetanking Meph and Diablo while I wait for Titan's to drop. I chug mana pots like it's 10 cent wing night, but I can deal with that.

Then I found a 4 socket Ballista, and a 4 socket Chu-ko-nu. I liked the Rhyme shield I made well enough that I figured I'd see how a Harmony bow looked in the Ballista. Wow, those stats. Damage alone makes my javelins look like a BBQ fork. It's a little slow, and I don't really have the skills to support it, and my playstyle so far has been "herd 'em up and electrocute them all at once" which doesn't really work with the bow. I tossed a couple points to grab guided arrow and strafe just to try them out (I haven't used any respecs). I'm trying to decide if it's worth making a second Harmony in the Chu-Ko-Nu, and using one of the bows as a weapon switch (remember, only 1 mediocre jav so far) or if I should start leveling up a second Amazon and let her do bow duty?

Other gear: Skin of vipermagi (with PT), string of ears, garbage crown with 2xPT, crap MF gloves/boots/jewelry

Hybrid is viable
But don’t go xbows, they are just too slow.
Harmony is pretty good for relative cheap runes.

I am levelling an Amazon too. Level 72 just finished nightmare, and yes charged strike/lightning fury combo makes Nightmare a breeze.

planning to run pits in hell, and have upgraded witchwild string ready on switch to deal with lightning immune

if you’re on PC, I have a spare titans for you, free

Reactions: ElNoob
Thanks for the offer on the Titan's. I'll totally take you up on that. I'm on PC, and usually playing from 10pm on, Eastern Time.

I finished NM last night, hit 69 by killing Baal. He dropped me a Magefist and Venom Grip, so I guess I can't complain?

The only things I had trouble with from Crystalline Passages to Worldstone were a couple of packs of lightning immune, and 1 or 2 minibosses. I was using my "Harmony" Ballista, and you are right, it's pretty slow. I was missing the way I remembered my old Buriza feeling. I switched between Magic Arrow and Strafe (only 3 or 4 levels in each) and it wasn't too bad.

I'd never used "Insight" on a merc before, either. Found a 4 socket polearm last night on the Arreat Plateau and made one. While poor Dargo stayed up, I didn't have to chug any mana pots! I felt gracious enough after that to start tossing him a heal now and then.

Well, i was lucky to find a windforce today, so i'll go full strafe now
Add me and contact me for your free titans: Sopper#21743

Well, i was lucky to find a windforce today, so i'll go full strafe now
Add me and contact me for your free titans: Sopper#21743
Nice find on the Windforce! I sent you a request, coming from jedigeorge#1531.

sigh.

The days of Burizons and Iceblink babas held no legacy.

Runewords spoiled us all :)

It's funny that you see every single player wearing a kite shield and a flail/crystal sword. Water always finds the level, I guess

So I found a crappy Stoneraven and I'm trying to decide between that with Fend or the Harmony "off-brand Buriza" with Strafe. Time will tell which is better for LI enemies. I'm into Hell now, and it's still pretty smooth sailing. I am sporting "Rhyme" still, but it's in a gothic shield, not a kite. I've got Milabrega's out the wazoo, so I was using those.

i will give you a moser’s too
63 resist all
but when are you online? We always seem to mismatch
are you on America?

i will give you a moser’s too
63 resist all
but when are you online? We always seem to mismatch
are you on America?
I'm in America, yeah. East Coast/ New York time. I'm usually around 10-midnight, which would be... 0200 - 0400 GMT? I could probably arrange a different time to log on for a quick meet up though.

Also, I tried out the "poor man's Demon Machine" last night, a Harmony Chu-Ko-Nu, and it's like a machine gun with strafe. Does lower physical damage per hit compared to the Ballista, but hits way more often, and does a much better job.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High