How much cash do you have in The Bank of Atma?

Dacar92

Staff member
Nov 2, 2003
How much cash do you have in The Bank of Atma?

Anther thread made me remember that I wanted to post this question.

I am out of town tonight, but I think I have about 90 million. I always mule off cash between playing and it builds up.

I almost never keep any money in the bank. All the money is lost to gambling (which is usually the case even in real life) :LOL:

I usually have my store of gold on the order of 1-2 million pieces, because I waste all my money on gambling.

I have never used the Bank of Atma, as I, like Tekka, use my money on gambling.

crg

the Bank can hold a lot of money for sure. I had over 100million before. I guess it can easily hold trillions if you can make that much.

DeathMaster said:
the Bank can hold a lot of money for sure. I had over 100million before. I guess it can easily hold trillions if you can make that much.

I would assume that the bank of ATMA, just like stashes, can hold an unlimited amount of gold/items.

crg

what we need is a GF barb to comment on that. my guess is that on a LK run a GF barb can end up with well over 2 million per run

stupidgreen said:
what we need is a GF barb to comment on that. my guess is that on a LK run a GF barb can end up with well over 2 million per run

Oh grief...don't tempt me. Seeing enormous amounts of Gold fall in this game is one thing that gets me going. :teeth:

Actually, I didn't even KNOW about Bank of Atma until just recently, so I had been gambling all of my gold on (crappy) amulets and rings, when I should have been hoarding it so that it does me no good! :p At this time I only have 6.7 million, but I'm workin' on it. :D

~Wolfgang

i have something like 18-20 million ATM. would be more but I always forgot to unload my Wealth runeword-using necro who could easily fill up in 1-2 pit runs, so I'd end up going 4-5 runs just not picking up gold because I'd keep forgetting.

Okay, this thread got me thinking. Just how much Gold Find could you put on a character (not including charms), equipment-wise? I'm thinking, Dual Baba's (just estimate clvl 90, so 225% each for a total of 450%), Crown of Thieves (100% max), Goldwrap (80% max), Chancies (200%), Dual Dwarf Star (100% x 2 = 200%), Wealth (300%). How about Boots (Infernostride at 70%?) and an Ammy (according to this site, just an Amulet of Wealth can be as high as 120%)? That would give a huge amount -- 1520% right there. Add in two Lems for each Baba (50% each x 4 for another 200%), and maybe another for the Crown of Thieves (50% more), for a grand total of 1770%, just from equipment. Is there more that I'm missing? Then take just a normal monster drop in Hell and how much would you get? Or even from a Champion? :drool:

Edit: I forgot about the merc! What about an Iron Wolf with a four-socket Lem Shield (or is there a good GF shield?) (200%), a Lem'd Baba (another 325%), Wealth (300%), and another Crown of Thieves (100% max)? That'd be an extra 925%, which would give a 2695% Gold Find boost if he got the kill. Good lord. :eek: Has anyone tried this?

~Wolfgang

I can understand the whole hoarding thing ... kinda ... but what the hell?

Just gamble that darn gold!

I mean, what are you going to do with it anyways? Make Tenshi proud?

You actually spend more time clicking and transferring and all that. You could have gambled half of that gold in the time you click around.

Wolfgang Abenteuer said:
Okay, this thread got me thinking. Just how much Gold Find could you put on a character (not including charms), equipment-wise? I'm thinking, Dual Baba's (just estimate clvl 90, so 225% each for a total of 450%), Crown of Thieves (100% max), Goldwrap (80% max), Chancies (200%), Dual Dwarf Star (100% x 2 = 200%), Wealth (300%). How about Boots (Infernostride at 70%?) and an Ammy (according to this site, just an Amulet of Wealth can be as high as 120%)? That would give a huge amount -- 1520% right there. Add in two Lems for each Baba (50% each x 4 for another 200%), and maybe another for the Crown of Thieves (50% more), for a grand total of 1770%, just from equipment. Is there more that I'm missing? Then take just a normal monster drop in Hell and how much would you get? Or even from a Champion? :drool:

~Wolfgang

There have been threads about this over at Statistics I believe. I've heard of people getting 40-50k or more from Council drops in single piles. Something like that. I didn't look too hard from the thread(s) I read.

I have about 21mil, that must mean the wife has about 30 mil on her machine.

We don't spend too much money as I thought gambling wasn't really good until Level 91 or something. We have a few level 80's characters and the wife is now working on getting one of her barbs to level 91 now.

Can you gamble good stuff at character levels below 91?

Condor

I've never used the bank. I gamble away when I max out the gold in the stash and the character.

Wolfgang - Icebird collected items at one point just to see how much he could wear. Including charms. My 1.09 MF Barb has 749% Extra Gold and over 1000% MF on. :)

Condor said:
I have about 21mil, that must mean the wife has about 30 mil on her machine.

We don't spend too much money as I thought gambling wasn't really good until Level 91 or something. We have a few level 80's characters and the wife is now working on getting one of her barbs to level 91 now.

Can you gamble good stuff at character levels below 91?

Condor

At level 80 you can gamble +3 skill tree amulets.

You could also gamble rare amulets with +2 skill tree. The only thing you gain at clvl 90 is the +2 all skills amulets. and actually you can start gambling them at clvl 86 IIRC.

You can get any unique once your level is within 4 of the uniques Rlvl. So if you have the cash and are at the required clvl for a unique you could blow cash to gamble it.

Yes even tyreals might can be gambled at a high enough clvl though you can calculate that it would take an unbelievable amount of gold to get.

Tekka, you're still around? I guess you disappeared cuz you finished your Grail.. lol

Anyway, I'm sure the Bank of Atma holds 4294967295 gold. My boss would fire me if I didn't get that right (computer programmer). But seeing how none of us will ever get there...

I also gamble away all my gold - on rings, belts, gloves and boots (mostly rings though).

I just topped 24 million last night. I have been as high as 26 million, but I went down to 18 million after gambling 8 million on amulets.

I do a fair amount of Pindle running, and grabbing a rare or two is a quick way to net 35 or 70,000. (Yes, it does slow down the runs, but it also breaks up the monotony. ;-P )

The next Lem I find is going towards the creation of a Wealth armor, so I can really get the gold mojo going.

Happy hunting!

Dave :teeth:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High