How many days/runs until Tal's amulet!?

little birdy

May 11, 2022
It is bugging me that I still haven't found Tal Rasha's Adjudication to complete the set. I have gone in and out of phases were I spend time running Andariel in hopes of finding it, only to find so many green amulets that are anything but Tal's amulet 😩 I am going to take another go at it with Andy. The goal will be to find and ID at least one green amulet per day, and see how many days it takes until I get lucky.

Today, Jan. 23rd 2023, I have completed 100 runs of Hell Andy (p1) and have not seen a single green amulet yet. There were however some useful finds!
  • Run #3: Harlequin Crest
  • Run #13: Seraph's Hymn (first time drop for me!)
  • Run #23: Raven Frost
  • Run #52: Rare ring with 10 FCR and +11 all res.
  • Run #56: Buriza (notable as it's my first time finding it in D2R... another dropped just a handful of runs later)
  • Run #71: Ohm rune!
  • Run #91: Sandstorm Trek
  • Run #93: Lem rune
  • Run #99: Skin of the Vipermagi (+24 all res.)
  • Run #115: Gore Rider
  • Run #135: War Trav
I am tempted to revert back to running Andy in NM with a higher players setting... but if I had done that then I never would have some a few of the above items.

I'll try to keep a running list of interesting finds updated in this thread. Wish me luck!

edit: The first green amulet for Jan. 23 dropped on run #145. It was Angelic Wings :( That's enough Andy for one day!

Last edited:
Yeah I think I will try running Andy in NM for the next few days and see how that goes. I can up the players setting in NM without affecting run time as much, and there are better odds of finding an SoJ while trying to get Tal’s amulet from NM Andy. An SoJ would be nice too!

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Tues. Jan. 24
- 16 runs (NM Andy) to drop a green amulet, which was... Civerb's Icon
- Also found two unique rings along the way (Manald Heal and Nagelring)

Wed. Jan. 25
- 19 runs (again NM Andy) to drop a green amulet, which was... Angelic Wings

I think this is what I've settled on: Run NM Andy with my Fire Ball Sorc everyday until a green amulet drops and then ID it. Then move on to something else and do it again the next day. How many runs, and how many days, and how man non-Tal's amulets will I see before I get what I want? (And will I luck into an SoJ while I'm at it!?) Doing this in bite-sized chunks over a long period of time is more palatable to me compared to running Andy for hours at a time over possibly a shorter number of days.

Thurs. Jan. 26
- 10 runs to drop a green amulet, which was… Angelic Wings

Fri. Jan. 27
- 9 runs to drop a green amulet, which was… Iratha’s Collar
- Also got a 30% MF Nagelring along the way

Sat. Jan. 28
- 28 runs to drop a green amulet, which was… Tancred’s Weird

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
It's has been 8 days since I settled on the whole Find-one-green-amulet-a-day strategy.

No. of amulets found: 8
  • (2) Angelic Wings
  • (1) Civerb's Icon
  • (2) Iratha's Collar
  • (2) Tancred's Weird
  • (1) Vidala's Snare
No. of unique rings found: 9
  • (4) Manald Heal
  • (5) Nagelring
Total no. of NM Andy runs: 155

It of course goes without saying that I have found zero SoJ or Tal's Adjudications, but I am not discouraged! Work at it a little bit everyday, it's easy and not super time consuming. Eventually I will have no choice but to get lucky :LOL:

I'll give it a few weeks before I add another update.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I borrow this thread a bit.. My UT Sorc just finished NM Andy runs for a SoJ and Tal's Amu.

Run 1461 SoJ dropped
Run 1629 Tal's Amu dropped

Run time was 10hrs 23sec, average run time 21,0s. Loading and S&E times are not included.

512% MF, P5.

m4ke

Thanks for sharing your results. I have a long way to go yet but these items will drop for me eventually!

Reactions: Zyr
Terror Zones put this little project on the backburner, but I think I'll get back to spending a bit of quality time everyday with my Fire Ball Sorc and NM Andy sometime soon.

Here are my stats up to Feb. 14th:

Total no. of NM Andy runs: 510
No. Days: 22
No. Green Amulets Found: 22
No. Unique Rings Found: 24
AVG Runs/Day: 23 (Min.: 1; Max.: 72)

Angelic Wings: 2
Arcanna's Sign: 1
Cathan's Sigil: 4
Civerb's Icon: 4
Iratha's Collar: 3
Tancred's Weird: 4
Vidala's Snare: 4
Telling of Beads: 0
Tal Rasha's: 0

Manald Heal: 13
Nagelring: 11
Stone of Jordan: 0

It. Happened. !!!

IMG_0632.JPG

My last run of Terrorized Andy on Friday. Up to that point in the hour of that TZ, I had found a Tancred's Weird and Iratha's Collar. Everytime a green ammy drops, I tell myself, "This is the one!" It's never the one :LOL: Until this one! On the last run just one minute before the top of the hour.

My Fire Ball Sorc now rocks the full set, with a +4/-5 facet socketed in the weapon for a nice 20% fire res. pierce on top of the Flame Rift sunder charm. I also have a couple more imperfect fire facets to put in the helm and armor for a max damage / max pierce type of setup. She melts everything.

It. Happened. !!!

View attachment 87019

My last run of Terrorized Andy on Friday. Up to that point in the hour of that TZ, I had found a Tancred's Weird and Iratha's Collar. Everytime a green ammy drops, I tell myself, "This is the one!" It's never the one :LOL: Until this one! On the last run just one minute before the top of the hour.

My Fire Ball Sorc now rocks the full set, with a +4/-5 facet socketed in the weapon for a nice 20% fire res. pierce on top of the Flame Rift sunder charm. I also have a couple more imperfect fire facets to put in the helm and armor for a max damage / max pierce type of setup. She melts everything.
Congrats! How many days/runs was it? :)

Reactions: little birdy
I was a bit too excited last night to crunch the numbers :LOL: Here we go:
  • Days since I started really focusing on this as a goal: 143
  • Days I actually farmed Andy for set amulets: 72
  • Total runs: 1427 (551 in NM p7, the rest in Hell p3 when Catacombs were Terrorized)
  • Goodies found along the way (mostly courtesy of Terrorized Hell Andy):
    • (1) Cat's Eye
    • (1) Mara's
    • (2) Highlord's
    • (3) Raven Frost
    • (2) SoJ
    • (1) Rising Sun
    • (1) Seraph's Hymn
    • (1) Nature's Peace
    • Griffon's Eye and several other non-jewelry set and unique grailers
    • Oh so many Tancred's Weird, Iratha's Collar, Vidala's Snare, Cathan's Sigil, Angelics, Nagelrings, and Manald Heals
I hoped I would luck into finding Tal's ammy sooner, but in the end roughly 1500 runs isn't too bad. I'm sure my luck could have been much worse. And all the other great drops from Terrorized Andy made the project very much worthwhile.

Now there are only three pieces of set/unique jewelry that I've yet to find in D2R: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band, Metalgrid, and Telling of Beads.

Reactions: SirName
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High