D2 High runes in D2R

shd

Jul 9, 2007
Hi guys,

first of all, love the site. Came here from diabloii.net, love the ux and the effort that goes into the content, hope it takes off with D2R!

Now, i have a question for the most dedicated players out there. I've played D2 on and off over the years, ladder only and would usually top out at 92-93lvl character in a season (when i would play), so wasn't the most dedicated. In all those times i think i can count on one hand the amount of time i personally had a say... Ohm+ rune drop. Any high runeword i'd make would be from upgrading or trading obviously.

Let's assume Blizzard eliminates dupes and hacks in D2R and cracks down on the botting (i have some faith in the first one, none really in the second one). My question for those that play a lot more than me is, how likely do you think you are to deck yourself out in a popular RW like an Enigma, Infinity, not to mention Last Wish and similar ? From my perspective, i'd have to get extremely lucky.

Cheers

You are probably right. I've got a bunch of toons on USWest that have been decked out over 10-15 years, so I'm assuming I won't get anywhere close to that for years to come.

Now with that said, I believe single player saves can be converted if you want to twink a character, but I don't know if that would be considered "cheating" or not since it's single player.

Hi!

This topic made me think of concerns I've heard about the new economy that D2R will bring. If they're serious about eliminating dupes, things actually get a bit weird because Uber Diablo was designed around SoJ's being duped and in (too) high supply. It was made to get these rings out of the economy or at least lessen their impact. So, what now, when everything is as it "should" be from the start? SoJ's will be rarer and while I guess that's fine, it's maybe no longer really suitable to kick off a quest?

Anyway... Since Patch 1.13, rune drops got a significant boost! So D2R will keep using at least these happier drop rates. Many are not aware of this because they stopped playing actively somewhere around Patch 1.10 or shortly thereafter and never got to realize what this patch did to runes.

I'm personally playing through D2 with a Summonmancer and even now by mid-nightmare, without even farming, I've been able to make a Lore helmet (Ort+Sol) and I even have a Dol rune. I strangely have way more Ral runes than I've even found Eld... I'm level ~40 just playing things through and I'm not using any drop mods, and I'm already reaching rune levels I only saw after grinding with my level 85+ Sorceress back in the day... Can't wait to reach Hell and see what it's like, and what the Countess will drop there...

Having said that, a full economy reset like in D2R and who knows how many active players and for how long... It's really hard to predict how things will turn out and how easy it'll be to craft an Enigma, or how receptive Blizzard will be to complaints about drop rates if they become a problem. I think they're going to be cautious there because D2 itemization is so highly regarded.

Reactions: Dook23 and Rush
I think another thing to keep in mind too is that the servers are supposed to be global not region based, so the high SoJ sell rate in multiplayer to spawn him might happen quicker than people expect. I guess we will find out in about two weeks…

That's a good point about rune drop chance being increased. I definitelly played a lot less since 1.13 hit. But also have a lot less time to play than back then so maybe it evens out.

Regarding the clone spawning, as much as i like the SP change, i didn't like the Ladder requirements staying the same. SoJ is another item i maybe had drop once or twice in all my years of playing. I never actively farmed it (like running NM Andy) but it's still super rare. I don't really see myself getting in a possiton where i'm wealthy enough i can just vendor a SoJ within a ladder season. And you need 125 coordinated people in that position. It was a dupe dump and without dupes, you need another way to collect that many SoJ's and we all know what that other way is.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High