Hi I am new here and I have ias question-s

hegel4

Nov 19, 2004
Hi I am new here and I have ias question-s

Hi I tried stats forum but they all said try paladin forum. So here I am. Kind of new to the forum and the game. I have been playing few months and was interested in making some of the cookie cuter paladins but some questions are seriously undermining my ideas for a build.

#1 without fanaticism how much ias do I need to hit decent zeal frames with Mythical sword, Phase blade or Berserker axe or Small Crescent?

#2 If you use rune word that provides you with aura (example holly freeze or fanat) and you have that aura maxed would they stack (example lvl 9 fanat + lvl 20 fanat from skills = 29? fanat).

#3 How much ias pala needs to hit 9fps with Shadow or Blade or Crusader bow.

#4 What lvl fanat and how much ias on the weapon to hit lowest smite frame with Berserker axe.

Thank you for answering any of those questions. :winner:

1. those are all very different weapons. phase blade=base -30 weapon, so 72 ias hits 4 fpa zeal. mythical/beserker are base 0 weapons, you need 200 ias without fanat to hit max frame rate with zeal. small crescent=base 10 (I think), so you need 90 ias to hit 5 fpa zeal without fanat, 4 fpa is impossible without fanat.

2. no, they do not stack. the higher one is used (level 9 fanat+level 20 fanat=level 20 fanat in use)

3. crusader bow=base 10. 174 ias to hit 9 fpa without fanat, 60 with level 20 fanat. shadow bow=base 0. 125 with no fanat, 35 with level 20 fanat. blade bow= base -10, 90 with no fanat, 20 with level 20 fanat.

4. with a beserker axe and level 20 fanat, you need 60 ias to hit max framerate with smite. with level 27 fanat, you need 55 ias. Paladins are not dependant on their weapons for ias, it can be found anywhere in the gear. Use your weapon for better mods, and plan your gear accordingly.

Frankly, you should try using a certain german calculator for speeds. Its very accurate for paladins, but I can't link it here. Do a google search for weapon speed and diablo 2, and it should pop right up. otherwise, pm me and I will link you to it.

--welt

Weltkriegpally said:
1. those are all very different weapons. phase blade=base -30 weapon, so 72 ias hits 4 fpa zeal. mythical/beserker are base 0 weapons, you need 200 ias without fanat to hit max frame rate with zeal. small crescent=base 10 (I think), so you need 90 ias to hit 5 fpa zeal without fanat, 4 fpa is impossible without fanat.

2. no, they do not stack. the higher one is used (level 9 fanat+level 20 fanat=level 20 fanat in use)

3. crusader bow=base 10. 174 ias to hit 9 fpa without fanat, 60 with level 20 fanat. shadow bow=base 0. 125 with no fanat, 35 with level 20 fanat. blade bow= base -10, 90 with no fanat, 20 with level 20 fanat.

4. with a beserker axe and level 20 fanat, you need 60 ias to hit max framerate with smite. with level 27 fanat, you need 55 ias. Paladins are not dependant on their weapons for ias, it can be found anywhere in the gear. Use your weapon for better mods, and plan your gear accordingly.

Frankly, you should try using a certain german calculator for speeds. Its very accurate for paladins, but I can't link it here. Do a google search for weapon speed and diablo 2, and it should pop right up. otherwise, pm me and I will link you to it.

--welt

Damn welt, I looked at that post and said, that will take forever to figure out. I guess I'm just lazy but u da man for being uber patient! :thumbsup:

Thank you for a detailed answer weltkriegpaly. So just to confirm smite is not only ias on the weapon dependant but ias could come from any other item.

pala can get ias from everywhere on equip for every ias dependant attack

so u can socket armor/helm/shield with ias if u need it :) (my smiter uses ias/allres jewel in his shaft to get 6fpa smite)

ROMVS said:
Damn welt, I looked at that post and said, that will take forever to figure out. I guess I'm just lazy but u da man for being uber patient! :thumbsup:

thanks for the vote of confidence, romvs. I have played paladins for so long that almost all of that information was off the top of my head. It took about 3 minutes to type the reply. and as far as that goes, read some of the vindicator guides by our forum members. Most of them are quite good: the same holds true for the ranger and zealot guides. Good luck!

--welt

Dahmer said:
pala can get ias from everywhere on equip for every ias dependant attack

so u can socket armor/helm/shield with ias if u need it :) (my smiter uses ias/allres jewel in his shaft to get 6fpa smite)

But no. I read someplace here that smite is weapon speed dependant not counting ias from the rest of the gear?

hegel4 said:
But no. I read someplace here that smite is weapon speed dependant not counting ias from the rest of the gear?

Wrongo, ias from weapon and outside is the same for smite. Fanat has a big boost hence the reason that most use fanat since it kills 2 birds with one stone. Concentration has uninterruptible 20% chance when attacking but that's redundant for smite.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High