Her deeds will be remembered (at least by me!)

Nona

Jan 13, 2021
So Sister_Ariel my aspiring blizzard sorc met her demise a couple of weeks ago. Lvl 55 doing NM mephy runs she teleported into a pack of dolls. That wasn't a problem, her merc killing said dolls was. I initially wanted a 1.07 runner for a ravenclaw and other 1.07 goodness. I realized two things. First I would need to complete SC before I could start a HC 1.07 character. Two, for the life of me could not get 1.07 to work despite multiple guides and searches here. With my limited playtime I decided I would go for 1.14 and see if I could collect enough pgems or other loot to trade for an earlier RC. Also to gear up the other characters for my sept. So hopefully this won't be an ongoing issue. I thought I had a screenie of her Deeds screen but no apparently not. I have started another and am thinking orb/fireball

Loot lost:
pul rune
war travellers
The Ward
Snowclash
Saz's mental shealth
Gull
Mils orb
Sanders gloves
Angelic ring

some rares and charms

Merc
Boneflesh
insight superior partizan
Undead crown

Losing HC characters is never fun :( I've started removing my mercenary's weapon (or just getting them killed elsewhere) when going through the Durance, since I very nearly lost a Sorceress to Teleporting next to a doll and eating a death explosion.

If you're just after Raven Claw, it may be easier to play 1.09 - you won't have the opportunities for old top-end items like in 1.07, but it's a much gentler (and arguably more fun) patch to play, and supports players x so you can rocket through Normal and start hitting good Long Bow targets.

Losing HC characters is never fun :( I've started removing my mercenary's weapon (or just getting them killed elsewhere) when going through the Durance, since I very nearly lost a Sorceress to Teleporting next to a doll and eating a death explosion.

If you're just after Raven Claw, it may be easier to play 1.09 - you won't have the opportunities for old top-end items like in 1.07, but it's a much gentler (and arguably more fun) patch to play, and supports players x so you can rocket through Normal and start hitting good Long Bow targets.
Thanks for the insights. I might run without a merc in the future, that’s a good idea. I would love to play any number of earlier versions but haven’t been able to get trenshadow working. I’ll keep working on it and see what I can figure out.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High