Help with Pally shield!

Been grinding for HOZ past two weeks. I read where NM Baal is most peoples drop location. Got my MF up to 264% today so hopefully this helps. Read that even with 1000% its a 1:2400 chance to drop. Don't know if I really like those odds I am still going to grind for it. I am in no hurry at lv79, just cruisin along singin my song :)

Been grinding for HOZ past two weeks. I read where NM Baal is most peoples drop location. Got my MF up to 264% today so hopefully this helps. Read that even with 1000% its a 1:2400 chance to drop. Don't know if I really like those odds I am still going to grind for it. I am in no hurry at lv79, just cruisin along singin my song :)
Grinding baal is not nearly as effective as grinding nm mephisto... He might have better drop chances, but you can do 3-4 mephisto runs in the time you can do 1 baal run. He can also drop a viper armour, which should be pretty good. Mephisto also has a chance for war travellers. Edit. Baal does have some nice upsides, but I think grinding him is gona be, well, grindy. But he does have some upsides. He can drop Highlords as well as gore riders. He can even drop heavens light, but he has pretty awful odds for that. The drop table can be a bit deceptive, since baal runs take a lot more time than a mephisto run. I guess it will depend on how safe you want to play it. If you run enough of either baal or mephisto you will get your zaka eventually. I think your best bet is to get a complete set of gear that allows you to move on to mephisto runs, or maybe travincal runs. Also try to pick up a spell steel. It has teleport on it, and you can repair charged item with an ort + chipped gems. It can be helpful if you want to avoid the council pack, or, if you find a waypoint with a close durance 3 exit, but a long walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyr and Ravendark
I screwed up a little by changing difficulty to Hell to run Andy...with no MF gear. I just wanted to progress and get some experience. I had act 3 norm Durrance map perfectly set with a way point very close to the portal. I mean, it took less than 10 sec to reach lv 4....just got burned out I guess and wanted to progress and now I'm resetting that instance over and over in hopes of finding a close entry to Mephisto lair. I know there has been some advice on how to deal with those damn little dolls and I don't have any reflect damage gear on but they still scare the hell out of me when surrounded.

I do believe you are right in running Meph for more opportunities at HOZ now that my MF is at 264%. Until I get a good map in Durrance I will just be cautious. Its funny to think running Baal is 1000x easier in my mind. I know those little dolls can't harm me in Durrance if I just zoot along to the stairs but I got surrounded about a week ago and I watched my life flash before my eyes as I could not move away. Thank goodness I was fast enough at the esc key :)

I would run countess (NM) and try to cube LUM rune, then I would make Smoke RW or (if I got FAL on the way) Lionheart RW. Those armors should free the pressure on resists and free the shield slot for something different (Rhyme RW is good if you want to replace weapon).

Another option is to gamble rings/amulets/circlets for something with resists.

I would also consider crafting, especially Blood items.
I concur. Lionheart is a great low runeword.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High