HELP: SS Druid Vs. Smiter

edgie

Jul 6, 2005
HELP: SS Druid Vs. Smiter

So i have been a massive lurker in these forums for quite some time but rarely post. I had to make a post today because i need some advice from experienced fury/rabies druids on how to deal with GOOD smiters.

My Setup:

200ed Shael'ed Jalal
Sup 'Fort' Wymhide (30 res/1.375 life)
15/35 dungos
Trangs Gloves (or bloodfists? if i run bloodfists with jalal and dungos i hit 88 BP)
Gores
399 'Grief' PB
SS (still undecided on which jewel i plan to use)
2x Angelic Rings (sometimes sub in a raven frost)
Angelic ammy

Switch: -52/2 DWeb and 20/20 monarch

9x 31-37 lifers
20/18 dtorch
20/13 anni
3x 3frw/11 fire res SCs
2x 3frw/11 cold res SCs
(still looking for light res)
2x 5fhr/3max/15 ar SC (occasionally need for BPs)
1x 5 ares SC
(still have 2 open slots i believe)

With this setup i have:

5.4k life with sage but no BO
23k AR
50% dr
Max Block
VERY respectable dmg and a very powerful rabies attack.

MY QUESTION IS:

How do i stand a fighting chance in beating decent smiters? I'm looking for any/all advice.

Much thanks,

*edgeedge

From what I've seen, most Fury/Rabies sub Bramble for Fort. Then they bite once on the Smiter. If miss, run just out of Smite Range and walk, ready to bite again when he charges. If it does hit then Rabies Switch and begin walking around, shift Furying when he charges you.

Not sure how you'll handle Tele Smite though : /

Most of time when i fight smiters i try too stack my rabies damage as high as i can get it while still retaining decent dr%

usaully around 50k rabies and then use the dweb switch trick.

If they stack there posion res really high your only other option would be too use a 2 hand weapon like ebotd great poleaxe and find a way too balance you dr%

usaully coa+enigma or Shaft stop work good with 2 hand weapon too still retain damage reduction..

From what I've seen, most Fury/Rabies sub Bramble for Fort. Then they bite once on the Smiter. If miss, run just out of Smite Range and walk, ready to bite again when he charges. If it does hit then Rabies Switch and begin walking around, shift Furying when he charges you.

Not sure how you'll handle Tele Smite though : /

Kk thanks for the bramble tip. Honestly, i prefer tele smiters. Normally i can get at least a block out of them as soon as they tele. At best i land my rabies. I find that the tele gives me the best chance to beat them. That could also be because i haven't met too many very good tele smiters.

Most of time when i fight smiters i try too stack my rabies damage as high as i can get it while still retaining decent dr%

usaully around 50k rabies and then use the dweb switch trick.

If they stack there posion res really high your only other option would be too use a 2 hand weapon like ebotd great poleaxe and find a way too balance you dr%

usaully coa+enigma or Shaft stop work good with 2 hand weapon too still retain damage reduction..

Thanks for the tips kiba. By any chance would you let me in on how much AR you run against smiters? Is 23k enough to land rabies often enough against most smiters to do decently well?

too be honest i hit most smiters more then i should for some reason im onlt runnin about 13k ar.

I just run up too a smiter too bite , if i miss i run back and let the stun were off and then run back too try another bite.

Most of time i can land at least 1 rabie hit before im lower then 1000hp

From experience... I'ama have to say... swotch your weapon to a rangge 1 knife, then feral rage hjim to death sry I'm drunk, lolly. UMD Bulldogs beyoches! for real

too be honest i hit most smiters more then i should for some reason im onlt runnin about 13k ar.

I just run up too a smiter too bite , if i miss i run back and let the stun were off and then run back too try another bite.

Most of time i can land at least 1 rabie hit before im lower then 1000hp

Hmm...am i just unlucky :(

I just bought a 21aura/50 psn dmg dusk shroud though so im gonna see if that makes a difference. Thanks again for the tips and..

KEEP THEM COMING :)

When i fought this smiter think i was only runnin 15k ar and he has on exile and such so i imagine his def was more then 20k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKDnWv3ipw

If they super stack pd resistance it kinda puts us rabie /fury wolves in a rut and forces us too use 2 handers and rely on fury more.

Kiba, were you using Angelic combo during that or were you using a 3 ss ammy and bks?

Verashiden said:
Kiba, were you using Angelic combo during that or were you using a 3 ss ammy and bks?

+3shape ,93life ammy, bk , raven was only runnin around 15k ar.

Ahh, I see. Thanks :)

2x shael zod eth tomb reaver - get your initial attack to the same speed as smite.

ber shaft.

86 fhr

ravens

spirit wolves to distract them in your shift furies

get to the bottom left side of them and let them knock you back diagonally.

Use 1 point Ravens and Spirit Wolves for distractions/shields. Watch Kiba's video too as he keeps the wolves in front of him. The reason a super high AR isn't needed is because you should really try to catch the smiter while he's running or charging. That equals 1/3 blocking and defense, so there goes his Exile/holy shield. After I infect them I often just walk away. Walking will pretty much render his Charge almost useless, as most will do if you're retreating.

clay what you been up too! =)

hope your doin good havnt seen you in a while.

Ya the bramble, dweb, 20/20 monarch trick seams to be the best trick I have used vers smiters yet. If your fighting tele smiters, you might want alot more hp then what you got going so far.

I miss the old days when smiters couldn't tele... made things much easier. Just shift fury til dead, laugh, rinse and repeat... Nowadays it's all about summons, rabies, running and shift furying in the middle of a bunch of chaotic action and death metal... looks fun as hell though :)

hum when i duel smiters i always use a ss w/ ebodz and then walk up to them hoping to hit them w/ raby then do the trick and walk away hoping they die before me =D

Oh please Ian, it was always about crazy summons to piss people off. haha

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High