Help...Assasin FHR, FCR breakpoint?

Mooker899

Banned
May 28, 2004
Help...Assasin FHR, FCR breakpoint?

What are the FHR and FCR BP's for an Assasin? :scratch:
I know two of the fcr- 70%, and 102%. :idea:

-Mook :teeth:

Omg I was wrong, Im unworthy :(. Then so was everyone who told me it :D dang.
Well ok so I have to his 102% FCR and about 48-86 fhr on trapper, gg.
Thx Sky

-Mook

Also do you know where to find a Max Block finder, I neeed to know how much dexterity reaches max block for a Large Shield Sanctuary for my sin.

Yes sir, from Battle.net:

Blocking
Blocking determines your chance to defend against physical melee and ranged attacks. If you block an attack you will receive no damage. If you run your mouse over your Defense on the Character Screen you will see a percentage to block if you are carrying a Shield or Necromancer Shrunken Heads. If you do not have a shield or Shrunken Heads you will not see this listed.
When a player blocks, that is, after a hit has already occurred, probability is computed that a player will block as follows:

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)
Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items.

To raise your % Chance to Block spend more points in Dexterity in addition to getting higher % Chance to Block via items. The block value itself is a combination of a value inherent to that particular player class, and any other block bonuses from items. This value is capped at 75%. If the roll of the dice denies a true block, or if the player can't block at all, then and only then, are skills such as Amazon Avoid, and Assassin Weapon Block checked for blocking.

Note that if a player is moving, the total block percentage is reduced to 1/3rd of its original value.

skygoneblue said:
Yes sir, from Battle.net:

Blocking
Blocking determines your chance to defend against physical melee and ranged attacks. If you block an attack you will receive no damage. If you run your mouse over your Defense on the Character Screen you will see a percentage to block if you are carrying a Shield or Necromancer Shrunken Heads. If you do not have a shield or Shrunken Heads you will not see this listed.
When a player blocks, that is, after a hit has already occurred, probability is computed that a player will block as follows:

To raise your % Chance to Block spend more points in Dexterity in addition to getting higher % Chance to Block via items. The block value itself is a combination of a value inherent to that particular player class, and any other block bonuses from items. This value is capped at 75%. If the roll of the dice denies a true block, or if the player can't block at all, then and only then, are skills such as Amazon Avoid, and Assassin Weapon Block checked for blocking.

Note that if a player is moving, the total block percentage is reduced to 1/3rd of its original value.

Uh does that mean your shield blocking, or the "chance to block"?
Also I don't quite get that formula- *runs away in dark corner* *cries*

-Mook ;)

Well, you said a 'Large Shield', right?
Basically, the information that you need is

Your character level
The % Chance to Block on the shield
The % Chance to Block that you want to achieve

Ok, look again at the forumla:
I will describe the variables for you.

Total Blocking: The block rate that you want to achieve (max being 75%)
Blocking: The block rate of the shield
Dexterity: Your current Dexterity level
Character Level: Your current character level (max being 99)

So, if you put the rune word SANCTUARY into a large shield, it would add 20% to the 'Blocking' variable in the equation because of the mod '20% Increase Chance of Blocking'.
A Large Shield has a block rate of 37% for an Assassin. With the SANCTUARY rune word, that will be up to 57%.

Assuming that you want max block of 75, that puts equation at

75 = (57 * (Dex-15)) / (Level*2)

Follow me so far?

Now, I am not sure what your character level is right now, but I will say 80 just for demonstration's sake. If it is higher, you should be able to figure it out.

75 = (57*(Dex-15)) / (80*2)

Now, we need to solve for the Dex variable, get it?

75 = (57*(Dex-15)) / 160

75*160 = 57 * (Dex - 15)

12,000/57 = Dex - 15

211 + 15 = Dex

226 = Dex

So, at level 80 with a shield with 57% chance to block, you need 226 Dex to have max block.

Make sense now? :)

skygoneblue said:
Well, you said a 'Large Shield', right?
Basically, the information that you need is

Your character level
The % Chance to Block on the shield
The % Chance to Block that you want to achieve

Ok, look again at the forumla:
I will describe the variables for you.

Total Blocking: The block rate that you want to achieve (max being 75%)
Blocking: The block rate of the shield
Dexterity: Your current Dexterity level
Character Level: Your current character level (max being 99)

So, if you put the rune word SANCTUARY into a large shield, it would add 20% to the 'Blocking' variable in the equation because of the mod '20% Increase Chance of Blocking'.
A Large Shield has a block rate of 37% for an Assassin. With the SANCTUARY rune word, that will be up to 57%.

Assuming that you want max block of 75, that puts equation at

75 = (57 * (Dex-15)) / (Level*2)

Follow me so far?

Now, I am not sure what your character level is right now, but I will say 80 just for demonstration's sake. If it is higher, you should be able to figure it out.

75 = (57*(Dex-15)) / (80*2)

Now, we need to solve for the Dex variable, get it?

75 = (57*(Dex-15)) / 160

75*160 = 57 * (Dex - 15)

12,000/57 = Dex - 15

211 + 15 = Dex

226 = Dex

So, at level 80 with a shield with 57% chance to block, you need 226 Dex to have max block.

Make sense now? :)

Yes thx. alot...:( No chance for max block lol, hows my weapon/shield sin going to have blockeage.
I could use two perfect ravens and Ber'd Whistan's guard but that will be in the 50's I think.
I dont know, back to the drawing board.

sanctuary in a large shield or any shield with that low of a block rate was a bad choice in the first place...

try tower shield, or if your concerned with being slowed down with it, try a troll nest :thumbsup:

edit: dont forget the +20 dex from the 2 ko's in sanctuary, im not sure if you calculated it in or not but i find alot of people forgetting about it.

pryzmatik2 said:
sanctuary in a large shield or any shield with that low of a block rate was a bad choice in the first place...

try tower shield, or if your concerned with being slowed down with it, try a troll nest :thumbsup:

edit: dont forget the +20 dex from the 2 ko's in sanctuary, im not sure if you calculated it in or not but i find alot of people forgetting about it.

I have a Troll's Nest right now lol, and I was told Large Shield was the best blocking percentage? ARG! :rant:! :drink: = :buddies:

W/e I'll stick to my Trolls Nest Sanctuary with 68 Resist.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High