Hello SPF! New guy Here!

Cooke

Oct 17, 2020
Hello SPF Community!

I am brand new to this forum, this is my first post. My apologies if there is a different place I should have introduced myself. I Have lurked the SPF for years, reading old threads to increase my game knowledge, looking at what items have been found in tournaments, and occasionally reading the stories of HC untwinked playthroughs. Recently I found myself on the old forum and was sad to see how little activity there was there. It seemed as though an era of diablo 2 comradery had come to and end. I found it very sad. By dumb luck I discovered this new location a couple of days later. I was so pleased to see the SPF community still alive and thriving in a new location that I decided to register a profile and become part of the revival.

To give a bit about myself: I am 32 Y.O., Male, Happily Married, I live in California, and for my day job I own a small home remodeling business. Diablo2 was the only video game that really ever grabbed my attention to the point of borderline addiction. During my teenage years I played this game on b.net from the time I got home from school until 2-3 in the morning. After highschool I took about a ten year break from d2. Then last year I was severely injured and had to be home for several months without work, doing physical therapy. During this time I was so bored I reinstalled D2 on an old computer and started playing Single Player.

I have made a handful of characters, and found the majority of the endgame gear but compared to the accumulated knowledge of the SPF community I am a complete nOOb. My most advanced character is my level 96 Hammerdin, but I recently found a 20/10 griffons so I have been spending the majority of my D2 time playing a new Cowzon. I would say that I play D2 for short periods of time a couple evenings a week on a regular basis. Over time I hope to become and active member of the community and have something valuable to offer.

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Cooke

Welcome aboard! Mind your shins and wallet. Especially the wallet part, what with the new place and all. ;)

When I originally registered at the forums in 2005, I was living in the Inland Empire. What part of CA are you in?

Reactions: Luhkoh
Welcome aboard! Mind your shins and wallet. Especially the wallet part, what with the new place and all. ;)

When I originally registered at the forums in 2005, I was living in the Inland Empire. What part of CA are you in?
I’m way up in the Redwood country about 3 hours north of SF Bay Area. Hence the poor quality internet and SP lifestyle lol!

Hi!! This is the right way to introduce yourself. Always happy to see new people still coming to the forum and participating.

Have you started your gomule hoard yet? That's my favorite thing I discovered coming here.

Welcome to the SPF, and thanks for joining the fun. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. And it's always nice to have more Californians around :)

Thanks for the friendly introduction, @Cooke ! I haven't seen any shin attacks nor wallet thefts over in the the memorial bar for quite a while, but some of the drinks served are a bit suspect.

So, how many SP characters have to you started? What classes and builds are they? Do you have some cool Mats/Pats/Guardians, or still working on getting some?

(Sorry, slipped into interrogator mode there... Welcome to your SPF!)

Good morning America!

Well...good morning from France :p and welcome @Cooke !

I just wanted to add that we are not all as efficient as @Gripphon and @ffs can be, neither knowing where's the wallet as much details as @art_vandelay and @Fruit can have, as much digging 96 Hdin, there must be something as @Luhkoh can be, or even as much invested as @PhineasB can be, or even as oh oh here it is! dedicated as @ResTTe can be...but for sure oh my I forgot to buy keys! for few his, few days, or few weeks, you will be the someone is coming...fck! newest member.

😇

Welcome to the SPF and thank you for your nice introduction! I think there is no one who is proficient in all aspects D2... There is just too much to the game. So no need to have run times like some other members or 5 Tyrael's or all the knowledge about buggy game mechanics to be a part of the SPF. Esp. Because nobody looks down on others for knowing less or having less experience. The good thing is, that you will find someone who knows what you are looking for and they will be willing to share it!

I hope you recovered well from your injury and I wish you all the best for D2 and RL! See you around!

Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
Hey Dudes!
Thanks for the cordial welcome! I am currently trying to backup my ATMA files to a flash drive and I seem to be missing something. I just went into program files and copied the entire ATMA folder into the flash drive but when i open ATMA out of the Flash drive it shows no saved char files. This has to be simple and Im just an idiot. If its a simple fix let me know otherwise Ill try dropping a line at the Tech support thread. Much appreciated, Im better with a hammer than a Keyboard. lol

There are definitely some atma users here who I'm sure will have an answer, but I just wanted to chime in and recommend gomule. If you're playing a modern d2 patch its much nicer to use. Good luck!

I've never used ATMA, but I would suggest performing a file search for whatever the stash file extension is. My bet is, the stash/project files are probably not stored within the ATMA program folder? Maybe the local saves folder, or even within the D2 saves folder itself?

For example, if the files are called Runes.ATMA, go into the file explorer and search for *.ATMA. That is, assuming you are on a Windows platform.

Hey Dudes!
Thanks for the cordial welcome! I am currently trying to backup my ATMA files to a flash drive and I seem to be missing something. I just went into program files and copied the entire ATMA folder into the flash drive but when i open ATMA out of the Flash drive it shows no saved char files. This has to be simple and Im just an idiot. If its a simple fix let me know otherwise Ill try dropping a line at the Tech support thread. Much appreciated, Im better with a hammer than a Keyboard. lol
If I recall correctly, ATMA saves the acutal path to the files not the relative one. So if you had stored it on your HDD, it will still look for it on the HDD if you open ATMA. Usually though, you will probably NOT have changed the path to your *.d2s files. I you have moved your stashes with ATMA, you will have to reload them from the new location on your flash drive though. So if it is about the *d2s file - no clue other than try to manually reload the *.d2s files with Ctrl+O from the folder on your HDD.

And I can only echo @Luhkoh here: I was very hesitant to move to GoMule, because I usually avoid new stuff (look who's still playing D2 in 2020...:LOL:). But it is so much easier and more convenient with all the Project stuff and easier picking up and readout dumps and so on. I only use ATMA for older versions of D2 now (1.07 especially).

ya, ATMA appears to open files out of the atma\config file but when I open the config file manually through the C>program files> etc... the folder has no files in it to copy. Very strange to me. Perhaps I will make a bunch of ingame mules and transfer onto those and when I finish that I’ll switch to go mule. Thanks for thehelp!

Welcome to the community. Iam super excited to see the forum grow.
You should definitly check out the Untwinked 99er Thread and mabey even participate in it ;)

• Love
Reactions: Kinkara
I managed to make it all work. I had to create a new Folder on my desktop for Atma to save character files into. Then I had to make a replacement mule for each of my originals and locate that mule inside the desktop folder. I then Manually transfered every item from the old mule onto the new one. Took me like two hours but now I have a folder in which I can easily locate and save the .d2s files to make a quick backup to a flash drive. I guess I should have paid attention to the default file path that Atma selects when I started my D2 reboot. Now time to experiment with Gomule!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High