Happy Halloween!

Nothing much planned. Got a bowl of candy for the occasional Trick or Treater. Never been much for dressing up or anything though. Other than that, Graveyard Keeper just got a new DLC so I'm thinking I'll start a new playthough soon.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's similar to Stardew Valley, except instead of inheriting a farm, you get run over by a truck and put in charge of a medieval graveyard. Lots of cartoony dark humor and such, like selling burgers at the weekly witch burning festival. Meat is hard to come by of course, given that there aren't many cows around, but you've somehow managed to find a steady source of mostly fresh, succulent, juicy meat for your sandwiches. :whistle: 🎶

No plans for the second year in a row. My tabletop club members are vaccinated but also have kids who aren't so we've been playing D&D over Zoom (which blows but ya do what ya gotta do). Actual Halloween night involved an unfortunately sober evening of sitting in my pajamas (features a high Save v. Depression bonus so don't knock 'em), playing 7 Days to Die and eating pizza.

Other than that, Graveyard Keeper just got a new DLC so I'm thinking I'll start a new playthough soon.

I've had that game on my Steam wishlist since it first entered Early Access. I just can't decide if I really want to give it a go or not - though your long pork story just piqued my interest again. :D

I admit I was a little skeptical at first as well, but figured I'd give it a shot and ended up really enjoying it. It's a little grindy, but in that "just one more turn" sort of way. There's always some other task that needs doing, especially if you've got the DLCs. Some of the more mundane stuff like harvesting lumber can be automated once you're more established as well, so you're not constantly having to run around chopping trees the entire game.

No trick or treaters.

I took a picture of a co worker of mine, and photoshopped him into the headless horseman, holding his head in one hand and a torch in the other.

No one bothered to try and get past him.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
You should come play mafia with us, it's either that...or playing D&D with krischan so...

Krischan is a fellow Knight of the Dinner Table and I would totally play D&D with him! :D

Mafia just doesn't appeal to me.

Krischan is a fellow Knight of the Dinner Table and I would totally play D&D with him! :D

Mafia just doesn't appeal to me.
Knight of The Dinner Table just makes me visualize him (and you) at Midevil Times tearing into a hunk of meat off the bone. True fact thought, D&D is what got me started on this path that lead all the way here.

What are you using for D & D Dredd? Just paper or have you tried roll 20?

The boomers prefer Zoom and the... uh zoomers prefer Roll20. If not for the ongoing pandemic we wouldn't be using this stuff at all. Under normal circumstances we play around the table in-person - which we're hoping to return to in April. Virtual play kinda blows.

The boomers prefer Zoom and the... uh zoomers prefer Roll20. If not for the ongoing pandemic we wouldn't be using this stuff at all. Under normal circumstances we play around the table in-person - which we're hoping to return to in April. Virtual play kinda blows.
Yeah, nothing beats imagining things in the real world! Interesting to hear your perspective as my group, of which I am DM, has been defunct since the end of 2019; I had a look at D20 early on and just decided it was too much effort to transcribe everything across, so glad in a way to hear that it sucks a bit! We've all met up again in various groupings since then, so hopefully I can start it up again soon in person.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's similar to Stardew Valley, except instead of inheriting a farm, you get run over by a truck and put in charge of a medieval graveyard.

I think I've seen some Twitch players play this and it looks super fun!!

My kid ended up getting sick. We're still trying to get better but he's over the worst. Now Z and I are sick. 😑

Ooh, Dredd. Sexy jammies. 😉😏

Wow, that sucks. Especially if it happened on Halloween night. Kids missing out on the big holidays is pretty sad.

I think I've seen some Twitch players play this and it looks super fun!!

I enjoy it. As I mentioned, it's similar to Stardew Valley, so if you like one there's a good chance you'll like the other. Lots of crafting, farming, fishing, building, and autopsies. :cool:

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High