[Guide] Gripphon's LK vs Travincal vs Cows - runefinding guide

@BullHorn he has random maps and does ~5 minute runs of all 4 legs of AS. We usually do 1 leg of AS in 40-55s, so quite a bit more efficient with our static maps.

For myself (and I'm not among the most efficient runners here), LK > trav up to ber, and trav > LK for effective jahs, and for general high rune finding, which I measure for myself as "estimated time per cubed jah" something like:
5Q5t74L.png

So I would say Trav > Cows = Arcane, except that arcane <edit: has like less than half the chance to> drop zod and bases, so it's strictly worse imo. But great for variety and because it looks cool.

As for seal glitch runs, we don't like them because we think they're cheesy. From some not-thorough testing @ffs did, it's a safe bit they're a lot worse for runefinding than cows/arcane/

Last edited:
Reactions: BullHorn
I'm sure Luhko was aware of that. I'm guessing when he's talking about Arcane he's assuming only Ghosts as targets. Even though obviously Ghosts can spawn as Champios or Bosses as well as any other monster type, one just kills most Ghosts regardless.

Now lets all go and try to find a Zod from Arcane for our collections! 💪💪💪

PS: why am I jumping to deffend Luhko? Hhahahaha stop getting into other people's conversations, Kinkara!

Reactions: Babyhell
@Babyhell True and goatmen drop plenty of bases, Worded completely incorrectly, so I edited it accordingly!
@Kinkara Hi! Hope you're doing well :).

PS: why am I jumping to deffend Luhko? Hhahahaha stop getting into other people's conversations, Kinkara!
To be fair, that was a pretty vicious attack by @Babyhell. ;)

@Luhkoh I'm surprised to see those LK vs Trav numbers in your case (for cubed Jah). Do you run Trav that much faster than LK!? For me it's pretty much equal for Jah.

@Gripphon
@Babyhell

EDIT: 2/13/2022

I have removed my initial claims. I made a mistake. After examining my screenshot, I have concluded that Jah drop from Tree Lurker and not! from LK super chest

Last edited:
Please read the rules and don't post screenshots of unpermitted mods.

I have checked four pattersns, all identical to 1.14d.

@Pavke there are some broken rules here, but some things have been made for testing only a while ago iirc, as long as the rollback was made to the state prior to the test (@maxicek could confirm or not, maybe I am mistaking here).

However, it seems that you are using some filtering mod, hence a non-vanilla D2R version. This can have an impact on rune dropping in LK, and maybe the Jah drop comes from that too.

If in any way Jah became a possibility that would be huge, but on my personal few drops, patterns were compliant with 1.14D ones.

@maxicek
Thank you for letting me know. Sorry about that, won't happen again

@Babyhell
Mr. maxicek warned me once, so I don't like to talked about details of the filtering mod, but I am confident it has nothing to do with drop rates. Tested it myself before applying any changes.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High