Guardian BobTheSlob, Staff wielding Barbarian, King of Bob

Vang

PurePremium
Staff member
Guide Author
Feb 23, 2006
Introducing from an unknown land, a brute who now is a king of his own and calls his Kingdom: The Kingdom of Bob, Guardian BobtheSlob. **Crowd cheers and goes wild, just like Shrek's introduction. (anyone know that movie reference of naming something Bob?)

Ribcracker, you have cracked many ribs, But you did not get bigger or better. Just lamer and tamer. Had you decided to dive deep and search every crevice to give your life meaning you may have become a real "ribcracker." You stayed small though and that impacted our ability to smash more fiercely, yet we still succeeded without you measuring up, because your still pretty good at crushing it when it counts.

By the gist of the above, you could most likely figure out I used a Ribcracker.

This guardian was from the Weapons of the Commoner and the Blessing of the King Tournament:

Basically if you didn't read the rules: don't use good weapon bases as those are for the elite, which you aren't. Kills need to come from attacks not magic.

In NM Andariel dropped me a pretty Ribcracker, and I ended up weilding that the rest of the way because it was solid, though frustrating due to my lack of AR and damage from a normal Ribcracker as I progressed through Hell. I avoided any physical immunes at all cost.

Not a ton of NDEs but a few of note happened:

When I was leaping through the Plains of Despair avoiding Gloams I took a bunch of damage on landing.
In the Ruin Temple trying to get the book I didn't think you could have that many enemies in that room. I grabbed the book and got out of dodge after my mercenary died at the stairs.

Overall I powered through the the last stages quite fast, not really stopping for non-vital areas. I was helped by having Act5 spawns that were tame, Ancients took a couple rerolls then I just rolled with it when no aura/cursed were present and separated Talic from the rest.

MVP skills is a tie: Taunt and Battlecry, both were used a ton.

Character name : BobtheSlob
Character type : Hardcore Barbarian
Character level : 80
Character exp : 700522402
Strength : 170
Energy : 10
Dexterity : 20
Vitality : 295
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0
Life : 3173 / 1353
Mana : 204 / 89
Stamina : 1327 / 441

Items:

Ribcracker
Blood Gloves, 30%CR/10%CB
Dwarf Star
Wilhelm's Pride
Boots (1), 30%LR/22MF
Rare Helm (2), +2 Barb Skills, 56life
Chest, Smoke/Diamond Mail
Rare Ring, 119AR/LL/ML
Amulet of Everlasting (16)

Mercenary (Holy Freeze): Hwanin's Justice, Templar Coat Boneflesh, Nat's Helm

1619159081625.png1619159095879.png1619159110741.png

Screenshot289.jpgScreenshot288.jpgScreenshot286.jpg

Grats! Still haven’t been able to claim a Guardian but I’ll be working on one soon.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High