Guardian Annihilation: A Fire Elementalist

Vang

PurePremium
Staff member
Guide Author
Feb 23, 2006
Have you ever wanted to watch Sanctuary burn and your trusty Sorceress can't get the job done? Well hire a guy from: Bowling with Druids, a new take on: "As the World Burns."

So how does this bowling and world burner even relate you may ask? Easy I tell you! Grab your Molten Boulder and roll it towards your foes until they are falling backwards screaming in agony from the burns and unable to move due to repeatedly being knocked back.

But Vang, Fire Immunes seem really bad! No so fast my good friends, you ever here that joke, "Does a tree make a sound when it falls in the forest?" It sure does and it crushes everything in its' path for physical damage!

Alright! I'm going to hire a guy from Bowling with Druids then someday!

Pretty much sums up the play. Toss a boulder, toss a volcano, and toss an occasional Armageddon while keeping some wolves and a bear up. Leveling was quite easy and through NM was all on /p8 utilizing a Lawbringer wielded by our barbarian friend, though with his battle cry it appears he overrides the curse a tad too often. At 75 we hired our trusty Act 2 Holy Freeze Mercenary and equipped a Reaper's Toll. Nothing really brought about a challenge as it was under 4 hrs for the completion from the start of Act 1 Hell and going from 76 to 81 in the process.

Armor was the only thing that was odd for an elementalist as I went with Lionheart to provide strength for Spirit Monarch along with a hefty dose of resist all and life (+140 after you factor in strength saved and vitality from Lionheart).

I ended with 33 Molten Boulder and 35 Volcano/Armageddon, which did the job nicely. Attached is a character screenshot showing off the Flickering Flame which made me do the build in the first place.

Screenshot331.png

Nicely done! I always wanted to make a bowler, and the new runeword does look like it really helps the build!

Interesting choice for the Armor slot - any other options you considered?

Reactions: coju
Nicely done! I always wanted to make a bowler, and the new runeword does look like it really helps the build!

Interesting choice for the Armor slot - any other options you considered?
Yeah, but really don't have runes to make anything cooler. Chains of Honor or Enigma might have been options I'd consider if I had the runes. Duriel's Shell was also an option, but worse overall benefits compared to Lionheart.

Wow, nice one @Vang I have a bowler on my to-do list after I finish my PJ zon and Fire Dancer. Nice to see it worked, although that is quite the nice runeword in D2R for the build!

Lovely! I've been looking at the new D2R runewords to see how to utilize them for a while, and it's great to see you utilized it so well here.

It's a nice use of Lionheart as well, which I've never used. I think I've overlooked it as it fell in the chasm between Smoke, which I use on so many characters, and the more pricey endgame stuff like CoH. After seeing this, I'm actually going to make Lionheart as soon as I get home for my son's WW barb that could really use a boost in stat points to equip some gear!

Reactions: Vang
Lovely! I've been looking at the new D2R runewords to see how to utilize them for a while, and it's great to see you utilized it so well here.

It's a nice use of Lionheart as well, which I've never used. I think I've overlooked it as it fell in the chasm between Smoke, which I use on so many characters, and the more pricey endgame stuff like CoH. After seeing this, I'm actually going to make Lionheart as soon as I get home for my son's WW barb that could really use a boost in stat points to equip some gear!
I think if it had 50-100% enhanced defense it would be more sought after, but your right its like this armor that doesn't check boxes compared to other things: Need a cheap good attack armor, Duress usually fits the mark. Smoke/Gloom is great for the ~50% resist and other stats too.
I think Lionheart fits nicely in cheap caster category as it provides a huge stat boost if you want to use a Spirit Monarch and you don't want the +1 skills from Vipermagi, and in HC I think I'm going to go with Lionheart since I get +140 life as well.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High