GoMule for D2 Resurrected

@silospen singlehandedly keeping the SP community alive, thanks again! :)

So is this going to be something we should expect whenever new items are introduced or what triggers this exactly? Took me about 1.5 hours this time which is OK, but of course the more we play the more annoying this will become...

I am afraid I don't have the willpower to go through this again. I've been farming in D2r ever since it came out and I literally pick-up lots of trash items.
I will just have to leave most of the items in 2.4 and move them only when I need them. In a few months I will probably end up with multiple Gomule versions if this keeps happening which will really bug me out but it can't be helped. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyote_Sly
When I copy the new shared stash file into the saved game folder, it sits above the existing one. New file has (1) at the end of its name. Is that why it doesn't replace the existing one? I'm feeling pretty stupid now lol

@RobinA as mentioned by @m4ke, you have to replace the shared stash, it should be named exactly "SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i" and not just a copy with "(1)" in the name. Basically what he means is "ctrl + C" silo's file and "ctrl +V" it into the D2R saved games folder, replacing the stash in that folder. After the steps 3-7 described in his post, you will copy/paste again with silo's file, repeating the whole process until everything is in 2.5 GoMule stashes.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
When I try to open a new 2.5 character (a barb named "test") in GoMule for 2.5, I get this:

Code:
Error

null
    at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar$D2CharPainterPanel.build(D2ViewChar.java:1197)
    at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:134)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1338)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1317)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager$23.actionPerformed(D2FileManager.java:871)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

The shared stash, which I opened in 2.5 also won't open in GoMule (for 2.5 of course).

Edit: The stash doesn't say "disconnected," it looks like this:

1664062142234.png

Last edited:
@snickersnack Looks like your GoMule doesn't find the graphics needed. Did you extract the .zip as a fully new GoMule folder? It should work.

m4ke

Thank you for all your patience! I don't play D2 anymore so I missed this release. Feel free to email, message, hassle me whenever you see a patch like this on the PTR in the future - I really appreciate it.

Here's a release for 2.5, as ever use caution - your backups should still work if something goes wrong. https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.15-BETA_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

The bad news (again) - Blizzard changed the item format and unfortunately that means you'll once again need to use the game to time-warp items to the future.

Again I have a shared stash from 2.4 for you which should help with this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...-stash-2.4/SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i/download

What you'll need to do is something like:
- Load up your pre 2.5 regular stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Load up this empty pre 2.5 shared stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Transfer items from your regular stash to the shared stash
- Move the pre 2.5 shared stash to your saved game folder
- Open D2R 2.5
- Now your shared stash is a 2.5 shared stash!
- Open 2.5 GoMule
- Create a new regular 2.5 stash
- Open the 2.5 shared stash
- Transfer your items from the 2.5 shared stash into your new regular 254 stash.

Let me know how it goes!
Hi, thanks for your time doing this,

Just to clarify:
The stash that we downloaded named "SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i" can basically be oppened from both the 2.4 version of GoMule and 2.5 version. Did I get taht right?

So all we have to do is put all our stuff we store in 2.4 stashes into the "SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i" file and then open it in the updated (2.5) gomule?

Sorry its a bit confusing because when I read "Shared stash" I keep thinking if its the ingame 3tab stash
@RobinA as mentioned by @m4ke, you have to replace the shared stash, it should be named exactly "SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i" and not just a copy with "(1)" in the name. Basically what he means is "ctrl + C" silo's file and "ctrl +V" it into the D2R saved games folder, replacing the stash in that folder. After the steps 3-7 described in his post, you will copy/paste again with silo's file, repeating the whole process until everything is in 2.5 GoMule stashes.
Wait, so does this mean that gomule stashes created in 2.4 Gomule can't be opened straight up in 2.5 Gomule? we have to move everything to 2.5Gomule by placing them in either a character or into the SharedStash provided by silo ? and then open them in 2.5Gomule to transfer them into a GomuleStash after that?

Bro...I have like 500 uniques..

Wait, so does this mean that gomule stashes created in 2.4 Gomule can't be opened straight up in 2.5 Gomule? we have to move everything to 2.5Gomule by placing them in either a character or into the SharedStash provided by silo ? and then open them in 2.5Gomule to transfer them into a GomuleStash after that?

Bro...I have like 500 uniques..
The stash @silospen provided is a 2.4 one and cannot be opened in Gomule 2.5 directly. The idea is you load it up in GoMule 2.4, put your 500 uniques in the shared stash over many many times and THEN open the game so the stash gets converted to 2.5, so it can then be opened in GoMule 2,5.

You need to recreate all your GoMule stashes in 2.5. It is not ideal, but it is what we got and I am personally very thankful for it. It took me about 2 hours to move 6500 items from my 2.4 stashes. Others have upwards of 10k items. So all in all, I'd say you good bro :D

Reactions: snickersnack
Basically you have to do the following steps. I guess D2R already got updated to 2.5.
  1. Log into D2R and empty your shared stash (transfer the items into the personal stash of your characters)
  2. Download the empty shared stash provided by Silospen. This is a shared stash that can be opened by GoMule for 2.4 (not by GoMule 2.5!).
  3. Keep this shared stash in a seperate folder (i further will refer to it as S2.4.1).
  4. Copy it into a new folder (i will refer to it as S2.4.2).
  5. Open GoMule 2.4. Open the previously copied shared stash (S2.4.2). Transfer items to this shared stash.
  6. Close GoMule 2.4. Copy this shared stash (S2.4.2) into the original D2R folder (the folder where all your characters are saved - i will refer to this shared stash in the D2R folder as S2.5). You might want to backup the original shared stash located there as a safety measure if anything goes wrong.
  7. Now launch D2R. Start a game with a character (this is important). This leads to a conversion of the shared stash (S2.5) into the new format.
  8. Exit the game
  9. Open GoMule 2.5. Open the now converted shared stash in the original D2R folder (S2.5).
  10. Pick up all the items in the shared stash and transfer them in newly created stashes.
  11. Close GoMule 2.5.
  12. Overwrite S2.4.2 with the empty stash S2.4.1
  13. Open GoMule 2.4. Proceed with the steps 5ff.

Last edited:
@snickersnack Looks like your GoMule doesn't find the graphics needed. Did you extract the .zip as a fully new GoMule folder? It should work.

m4ke
I dunno, but I deleted the folder and reextracted, and it worked! There must have been some error in copying the first time. Thanks!

Big thanks @silospen!

Edit: oh, the shared stash now maxes out at 2.5 mil gold per tab in GoMule. :D It didn't do that in the previous version, right?

Last edited:
Thank you for all your patience! I don't play D2 anymore so I missed this release. Feel free to email, message, hassle me whenever you see a patch like this on the PTR in the future - I really appreciate it.

Here's a release for 2.5, as ever use caution - your backups should still work if something goes wrong. https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.15-BETA_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

The bad news (again) - Blizzard changed the item format and unfortunately that means you'll once again need to use the game to time-warp items to the future.

Again I have a shared stash from 2.4 for you which should help with this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...-stash-2.4/SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i/download

What you'll need to do is something like:
- Load up your pre 2.5 regular stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Load up this empty pre 2.5 shared stash in pre 2.5 GoMule
- Transfer items from your regular stash to the shared stash
- Move the pre 2.5 shared stash to your saved game folder
- Open D2R 2.5
- Now your shared stash is a 2.5 shared stash!
- Open 2.5 GoMule
- Create a new regular 2.5 stash
- Open the 2.5 shared stash
- Transfer your items from the 2.5 shared stash into your new regular 254 stash.

Let me know how it goes!
Hi Silos, Thanks for all of your great work. I've actually modified your program to work with the extended stash space. I'd like to go ahead and port those mods over to your 2.5 version, but I can't seem to access the source code. Have you pushed that up to Source Forge? It's not in the zip.

Also, if you're interested in passing the torch on this project, I think there might be a few of us (self included) who be interested in taking it on. Even if not, I think a zoom/teams session for those who would like to help maintain the project would be of great benefit, especially to those of us who kind of are into the coding side of things.

Since swapping to the 2.5 version I can't play off line any more, just get a message Can not join game. Even when I try to start a new game.
Tried reinstalling but still the same, any ideas.

Since swapping to the 2.5 version I can't play off line any more, just get a message Can not join game. Even when I try to start a new game.
Have you tried making a new character to see what would happen? (Maybe that's what you mean by 'start a new game'...)

Have you tried making a new character to see what would happen? (Maybe that's what you mean by 'start a new game'...)
Yes, tried making a new character, but same message comes up Failed to join game. It's like the games trying to play on line.
It will let me play a Battle.net game though.

Yes, tried making a new character, but same message comes up Failed to join game. It's like the games trying to play on line.
It will let me play a Battle.net game though.
Have you tried making an offline game with your network connection off? I'm just guessing at options here.....

I had to transfer 28 shared stashes which took about one hour. It's important to have organization in the process, to avoid distractions and to keep concentration, else you might overlook something and you probably don't want to lose something like your rune stash. KEEP ZE DISZIPLIN!

This is how I did my mass transfer (yes, another explanation, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with the others :)):

1. Close D2R. The launcher doesn't have to be closed.
  2. Make enough copies of the pre-2.5 shared stash from Silospen's link, named like A01.d2i, A02.d2i etc. Put them into the D2R saved games folder right away. The following steps all refer to that folder.
  3. Start your old, pre-2.5 Gomule and put all stuff from your Gomule stashes on the shared stashes. Make use of the pick all and drop all buttons, it speeds up things a lot!
  4. Rename SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i to X.d2i (the original shared stash used by D2R itself, there's probably stuff in it which you don't want to lose).
  5. (This is the tedious task) Rename A01.d2i to SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i, start D2R, open a character, check the shared stash quickly (perhaps pick up and put back an item in it), quit D2R again (goes the quickest by pressing Alt-F4), rename SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i to B01.d2i. Repeat this with all shared stashes until done. Your Bxx.d2i files are 2.5 shared stashes now.
  6. Check if there are Axx.d2i files left (i.e. you ferget to include them in step 5) and if all Bxx.d2i files have a proper modification date (if not, D2R did not convert them). If yes, repeat step 5 with them.
  7. Rename X.d2i back to SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i.
  8. Rename the old Gomule directory to Gomule-backup or whatever, install new Gomule. Don't bother with transferring the old Gomule stashes (which won't work with the new Gomule and are empty now anyway), old settings etc., you still have the backup of the whole Gomule directory. Just install it from scratch.
  9. With the new Gomule, open all Bxx.d2i shared stashes, create new Gomule stashes and put back everything where it belongs to. Again, make use of the pick all and drop all buttons.

Last edited:
This is how I did my mass transfer (yes, another explanation, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with the others :)):
I remember when this happened the 3rd time and I was up for the migration. I had read @Pancakes explaination. @m4ke and @snickersnack provided one as well. It wasn't until I found the one that spoke to me was I able to figure it out! (names random, pulled out of a bag)

It is surprising how many different ways instructions can be written!

Found a thread on Blizzard forums of people getting the same problem Failed to join game bug.
Had to go into the saved games folder and delete the shared stash file.
This has now worked and all is working again, all I lost were the items in the shared stash. No big deal mostly crap.
But it does apparently happen a lot, especially if your computer crashes or turns off mid game.

Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High