Getting back into it!

FriT

Apr 3, 2021
Hello, played a lot of Diablo 2 way back in the day.. Saw that Resurrected was coming out, so thought I'd give it a go again. Been completely addicted with single player for the past 3 weeks.

Started off with a Zeal Paladin, no mods, no ladder uniques/runewords, and using GoMule to hoard shit. So far I'm level 82 and stuck on the beginning of Act 4 Hell. My biggest problem right now is a new weapon, so I decided to start doing some NM MF Meph + Baal farming. Could also really use a new helmet and boots, but the weapon is the big need.

I'm running NM Meph + Baal with 195 MF on my character and 168 MF on my Merc, allowing the Merc to get the kills (he seems to do more damage than me anyway). Will this MF suffice for chasing items such as Butcher's Pupil, Guil's Face or Vampire Gaze, and Gore Riders? The kills are pretty quick, so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time, but should I be doing no MF hell Andy/Meph instead?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! :)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! :)

No problem. Here you go. 😉

KXZGoeD.jpg

NM mephisto is probably your best bet. You could also i guess, use 1pt smite and like malice on switch to maybe speed up the killing time a bit. You should also pick up a pair of goblin toes. I dont think gore riders can drop from NM mephisto?

Welcome! Nm meph for sure. You probably wont get all of that wishlist unless you grind him a ton, but its shouldn't be to bad to find any one of headstriker, butchers, or fleshrender. Then you go to hell countess and farm a pul so you can up it in the cube. That weapon can then take you through hell good enough. Good luck!

Reactions: Skezla
Thanks for the replies, just hoping for a weapon upgrade mostly, I'll keep my eye out for either of those 3. GF/VG and GR/GT would be helpful but not as major. Currently have a Divine Scepter Honor with +3 Vigor/Concentration, and my melee hits are noodle-like. NM Meph runs are taking about 1-2 mins a run as is, so I've taken Baal out of the equation to (hopefully) speed things up.

Reactions: Babyhell and Luhkoh
Welcome back into the fold!

What are you goals with this character? Do you plan to simply beat the game or are you looking to MF for future characters with your Zeal Paladin?

Either way I'm quite happy to see someone starting over with a melee build. I hope you're having a ton of fun!

Thanks you! I really enjoy single player especially with GoMule, so the plan is to build up this Zeal pally as much as possible then start another character when he's level 95. Currently have a Jah, Ist, and Um rune, so naturally going for some end game rune words passively. Haven't decided on Enigma or Chains of Honour when I get a Ber. Also enjoying crafting, so I've been crafting some Zerker Axes and Caduceus Scepters hoping for the gold mine RNG, whenever I get perfect Rubies and Sapphires. At the end of the day, just having fun with it. Next character will probably be a melee Assassin, seems fun.

Cheers!

Reactions: Luhkoh
Welcome back! I hope you have fun and stay around!

For boss fights/farming, you might look out for any weapon with crushing blow (Black Runeword, Crushflange, Goblin Toe should all be easy to find). And yes, NM Mephisto with a good map seems best like before mentioned. He can also drop Herald of Zakarum, IIRC.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High