Gaming Grandpa goes HC Time Travel

Tears85

Jul 2, 2019
Hi guys,

thx for inviting me! :)

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/gaminggrandpa-goes-hc-timetravel.967047/ is the original thread! Will take some time in the future to edit this post!

Yesterday EoEF_Arcains found her first 1.07 ArKains! Than I lvled my clean allrdy rushed Sorc and specced her into Meteor cause I rly liked Hydra and wanted to keep the Arkain´s rack!

Was lvl 4x in hell! ~~ Since I allrdy had my Arkains and most important item would most likely be a Gerkes since I kinda need the FC from Valcerie Wing over Shako if using Arkain´s I figured I might do some NM LK! Got a super stable 20sec no enemies Winged Helmet rack. Was going to farm it, but motivation was super low, as I allrdy have 1 Valcerie Wing and 4Gfaces left. To good to pass anyways... since you never know when you´ll need a new Valcerie Wing in HC! Took a break as motivation was low.......... 2nd game after break I hit hell. Was kinda pissed, but guess mixing NM and Hell runz will lead to mistakes. Took the risk and ported through Nila Temple lvl 1 which is dangerous, to reach lvl 2 which is kinda super save as there are no bosses and only Skelletons, Tongue dudes and those World Stone Overseers! Got 3 out of 3 Runz the following results after like 3 mapresets! Guess wayne Valcerie Wing! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot029.jpg
    Screenshot029.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: Fruit
So I´m almost 500 runz in! Dropped 2rare Shakos and 3rare Champions Axes!

Also found that doing the racks the other ways will end in War Boots, what might be smart to run aswell! Yesterday I tryied to lvl a Necro in 1.06 as I wanted to hold on my Shako rack, but I guess I´ll give it up anyways as soon as Ill have a Harle! Harle is not as good as Arkains, I also got a Valcerie WIng and both Valcerie Wing and Harle can drop while playin. Even so I hope this is not just in Cow, as I read some itemz only drop in hell cow?

€: I´m 1124 Runz in, so definitly more than 1000Shakos without a Harle! Guess I can´t be lucky every time!

Attachments

• Screenshot030.jpg
    Screenshot030.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yo guys,

just finished lvl 72 on my Sorc, so my merc can use Bul´s small sword! I allrdy feel quit strong (saying that I hope the next thing won´t be me dieing! :eek:) Dunno if Meteor was the smartest choice to push 99, but at least it´s fun and definitly not bad! SO far I´m doing Frozen River Runz, cause there are no light immunes there! Ofc I´m looking forward to lvl 85 when I´ll be able to use Arkains, but this will be a huge grind. The problem ofc is, that solid drops aren´t unlikly as in 1.14, but nearly impossible. Afaik I didn´t drop a single unique from any enemies on this sorc. Having said that there were some nice also not rly good finds from racks btw. blue gothic armor is the number one dropping item:

€ Just tested that Glacial Trial Cellar is quit good with meteoer aswell! Got it super close to wp, so guess Ill run this!

Attachments

• Screenshot036.jpg
    Screenshot036.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot037.jpg
    Screenshot037.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot038.jpg
    Screenshot038.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yo guys,

converted some itemz to 1.13d since I feel more like playin 1.14. The worst part about it is, that Diablo II was able to write "Ü" "Ä" "Ö" back in the days, but lost the possibility to do so along the way. So I found my char called Ru in 1.13 and deleted it, cause I figured it´s a Atma bug and not my "Rüstungen" char. Therefor lost a nice low lvl Armor with ~3x life 17CR 48LR and a 91Life Gothic Armor which could have gotten 4soxx!

Also had 3 eth cryptic axes. Should have done more Runz on that rack, but whatsoever. I was like....they had 4soxx in 50% of the samplesize (non eth) so let´s give it a shot and socket (Larzuk) it in 1.07:

The damage Andy did was kinda surprising. Besided that I´m clearing well in A2 p8!

Having said that, I´m debatting to give up on p8 only. I rly like CS Runz, so doing CS over Nila for 98 would be fun. Besides that I feel like 99 with Singleplayer itemz only in HC is difficult enough to put further stones in my way. Ofc I would be using every edge that´s not restricted then, but that´s kinda how I like to play!

Attachments

• Screenshot001.jpg
    Screenshot001.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 5
Played a ARPG from Good Game Guys lately, but didn´t rly enjoy it anymore!

So I finished rushing my mules to A5 norm for Socketquests. Decided I would go with variable player settings. Kinda glad, as Duriel NM wasn´t difficult, but thinking bout players 8 Duriel Hell...dunno how I did that on past playthroughs! What so ever...... atm rushing players 1 nm, and I´m teleing, dropping Blizz, teleing as if I was 21 again! :D Have to learn teletrick though, as that one wasn´t known when I was 21! :eek:

Will not sleep before Rip or Hell Anya........ RIP would rly suck, as I would lose my 1.07 Harle, and I don´t have a rack anymore!

€: And yeah was thinking about deleting my transfer Chars, just to realize there is Arkains and Harle and Gulli on them! :( Had made savegames before transfering, but dunno if that would have been allowed and even if I´m glad I don´t have to go down that road!

€2: Had to reset den, cause of CI/PI Boss! 2nd Run I found a Maras 21! Afaik this is the first unique Amy since I restarted 6 weeks ago!

€3: And I decided not to be retarded and lvl to 85 in Ancient Tunnels before progressing!

Attachments

• Screenshot003.jpg
    Screenshot003.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
And I did it!

Decided to post my EQ now! First 3 itemz is Merc! Charms is hardly anything besides shown!

Decided to go Maxblock as Arkain´s gives so much life, that statting Vita is procentual less life!

Attachments

• Screenshot008.jpg
    Screenshot008.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot009.jpg
    Screenshot009.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot010.jpg
    Screenshot010.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot019.jpg
    Screenshot019.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot011.jpg
    Screenshot011.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot024.jpg
    Screenshot024.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot012.jpg
    Screenshot012.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot026.jpg
    Screenshot026.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot013.jpg
    Screenshot013.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot028.jpg
    Screenshot028.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot032.jpg
    Screenshot032.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot031.jpg
    Screenshot031.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot030.jpg
    Screenshot030.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot029.jpg
    Screenshot029.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot018.jpg
    Screenshot018.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot033.jpg
    Screenshot033.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot034.jpg
    Screenshot034.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 8
So I lvled to 86 in Ancient Tunnels just to decide again not to be retarded and farm a CtA! So I started running LK! The first try I got a nice map. It´s not ideal, but I kept it as I just wanna farm a CtA and not several HRs. Found a IST so far, and yesterday when I wanted to farm a Shael from countess I dropped a Mal....... so basically only Ohm missing. While searching OHM I dropped a Shako roflmao! That led to me checking how much life I gain by my 1.07 Shako, and it´s really kinda disappointing. Only 219....... guess as soon as I´ll switch to Hoto I´ll go with a 1.13 Shako, as Ill need the Mana when Spirit is missing!

€: And add a Gul!

€2: And a Sur! :D

€3: Just one more Gul in all the runz since than! But: I gained 400 Life through charms. By now my Shako is almost 300life! Using the time to train tele trick! :D

€4: Have one more Gul, so Gul, Vex or Ohm will net CtA! Inbefore bo1 again! :( Found that beauty:

Attachments

• Screenshot036.jpg
    Screenshot036.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot037.jpg
    Screenshot037.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Farmed LK like 11-12hours! Got a CTA 4 3 1! Cubed Ohm out of 4 Gul!

Need to farm a white Monarch now! Roflmao!

Want to draw attention to the Jewel I found pictured in last post! :D

€: Will be farming p7 ATs now! Allrdy found a map..some backtracking....but will do for now!

€2: Rerolled my map! Still not gosu though! Dropped a Vex in ATs! Guess will do Countess Runz! Do need eather a Lem or Pul! Tryed CS but still got quite owned! :eek:

€3: Got a 33 Hoto!

€4: DId some p1 ATs......guess I got a OKish map now! Besides the Death´s web I found are Gores, Dracs and another Shako!

Attachments

• Screenshot043.jpg
    Screenshot043.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot047.jpg
    Screenshot047.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot048.jpg
    Screenshot048.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot049.jpg
    Screenshot049.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot050.jpg
    Screenshot050.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I was doing some Meph Runz to get my Merc a Tals Mask to start CS Runz! Was super lucky and got it after around 60 Runz!

I´ve read that one would like to use Delirium on a Merc! Is that true if one has no other sources of LL?

I clipped myself on CS Runz as of now! I´m definitly not the most skilled player, and even I can imrpove, as I just started. But I figured I might show what it looks like now, to show the difference when I´ll hopefully have better gear and skill!

KInda risky to grab that SC whilst AD on me! :(

Feedback is very welcome! I´m afraid to die ofc and I wasted too much time on Infi as I would say!

€: I decided to go p8 CS as I basically only need a Arach by now, which I guess will drop eventually! For now I´ll go with 63FC Cap!

€2:
Yo guys, small update: Did something I never thought would be worth it, but with no Skillers or forbidden things the +2 Skills from Spirit are very welcome. Managed to craft a 35% Spirit in the fifth of five tries, and so also reached the 105fc Cap! Had to respecc in NM, so my AT map is gone! :( Realized that I gain more damage but tele feels way better and damage seems to be way better aswell! ATM using a String of Ears which should be Verdungos, but is very well rolled.

Found a super imba SC with 20Life 8FRes!

Attachments

• Screenshot055.jpg
    Screenshot055.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot056.jpg
    Screenshot056.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot057.jpg
    Screenshot057.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Quick update: I´m lvl 93 1/2! Mainly doing Sealrunz, but some ATs, since I don´t get enough REJUs and mercmoney in CS! Had a near NDE with 15xx out of 33xx Life, as I hit ESC, than hit ESC again......... Found one Trap 20life but mainly grab!

Felt mentally ill the last few days, so not too much XP was going on!

Reactions: Babyhell
Yo, took a break and played mainly CRPGs in hardcore, what ended in a lot of repetitive storry skipping! Sadly what happened is what happens very often. When I started out I didn´t wanna go, cause .07 Arkains and Harle were in the far future...... then I want nothing as much as a quested 1.13 Sorc with those two itemz...... but as soon as I got it all done I lose motivation!

I´m 94 1/3........ found Nats armor and a Rising Sun. Drops feel horrible! :( Having said this, atm I´m having fun!

€: Whinning about bad drops I found 2 IK Armors. Not that I will ever use them, but nice anyways!

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell and Pb_pal
Yo guys.... kinda quit on the SP for now! Back to that D2 Multiplayer Mod (Not 100% sure if I´m allowed to write about it) and played the D2 Classic Hardcore Reset (I hope I´m allowed to write about that) where I managed to be #1 after Dia hell kill, what´s ofc due to missing competition! But we had a quit good team anyways...... still our core team is #1 through #4!

Hope to cu soon.....and if I´m not allowed to write about B.Net adventures just let me know!

Attachments

• Screenshot001.jpg
    Screenshot001.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 7
Yo guys, played that Multiplayermod again and managed to be first lvl 80 group HC with my Resetgroup! Attempted Dia Clon today and failed horrible! So I lost motivation and logged onto my SP CHar...hit lvl95 and found a SUR! Bewtich pointed out that Delirium is the best helmet for merc, so only IST and another SUR for the COH missing now!

€: And found a 6%/161ed Arreats!

Last edited:
Checked my muleacc and found that I have 1 more SUR and 2MAL......than I realised one does need DolUmBerIst for CoH, so still Ist + Um missing......farmed LK for a UM......than I switched to countess...got very quickly 2Pul + 1Ist!

First testrun went super smooth! That´s kinda game changing! Hope it´s not false safty!

€: Discord popped me out of D2 in the middle of Urdars...I know game freezes...but not 100% of the time. Besides that I liked to tele into packs while talking in Discord! :F

Last edited:
New post as today was the hardest day of XP grinding since I´ve started out. Dinged almost half a lvl on 95! Delirium + CoH turned out to be kinda game changing! Danke Kalle!

Sadly MAL was the most spectacular drop! I get the feeling I´ll (hopefully) hit 98 before Ill have Infinity.

Question is wether I want to start farming LK now until I have Infinity (what I don´t know is even beneficial for CS over Insight [.08 Harle no Mana]) and hope for some Skillers on the way or keep on farming CS and hope for lucky BERs till 98! I assume farming ATs is not worth it, especially since a 15% DF is IMHO not such a huge upgrade! I could farm meph for an arach and Skillring, what would net 2Skills but that´s kinda like the least efficent way imho. €: THinking about it I might go for Snowclash if I had... but I kinda like my 14/15 String!

€: First run after post this belt! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot007.jpg
    Screenshot007.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot009.jpg
    Screenshot009.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
2 kinda important things happened:

- I found a OHM rune
- my monitor turned black....I alt + tabbed and heared Blizzard sounds...... didn´t wanna ctrl+alt+del exit but paniced and had to! Hope that´s considered legit if one has a blackscreen! :((( €: Wrote maxicek about the incidence!

€: And yet another crash...this time with error message...dat suxx.....hope my PC won´t crash! Will make a backup!

Last edited:
So Maxicek told me no worries with the ctrl + alt + del thing! :D

I dinged 96!

Found Nats Claw, eth unique Lich wand with 2Bonespirit, 3Bonespear and 4Teeth, Homu and super bad boots which happened to be a upgrade! So much for 1.06 farming! <3

Learned that I don´t have Maxblock....... once I got stunned by fana AD Mobs which I had to S&E...once I wanted to check XP of Bosspacks...wanted to tele into corner but landed in middle of 4 Urdars...hurt aswell. If Ill rip I´ll go for Maxblock next attempt.

Thought about farming beta CTA but than I realized that LK farming without coloured runes should be very ineffective, so not going for it!

Switched my PR in Shako for PT! <3 The Ratio is better for MF increase over life increase!

Guess there´s no harm posting my Video of Seal runz here aswell:

€: JAH!

€2: 37Life Lightning

Attachments

• Screenshot012.jpg
    Screenshot012.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot014.jpg
    Screenshot014.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot017.jpg
    Screenshot017.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot016.jpg
    Screenshot016.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot011.jpg
    Screenshot011.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot019.jpg
    Screenshot019.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot020.jpg
    Screenshot020.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yo Guys,

followed by my super fast 2 days 95-96 XP is really slowing down on 96. As XP slows down so is motivation. Still tryin to push, but also thinking about doin something else to switch it up!

First back to drops I edited in last post but are more than mentionable:

JAH Rune + 37Life Lightning, which would be a Upgrade just for static, but not using now in case Ill rip.

Just the moment I found a VEX!

Back to switching things up......I always wanted to make a CS Barb... back in the day that would have meant a CS Zerker...kinda thinking about making this as my next char. So basically I could start out now, do some MF and so on...Problem ofc BER missing for Eni and basically everything else, as I was farming itemz mainly in 1.07! I will make a 2nd HOTO now (turned out 34), cause mine is 33 with the VEX, could start out as singer than. Hows singer doing in ATs? The alternativ for switching things up would be farming a Gerkes Sanctuary in 1.07...that would mean making a new Sorc or farming 2 more Valors to free up my Valor rack Sorc! Dunno if 1.07 Gerkes worth it so, as I would gain 196Life and 3PDR and lose 5% chance of blocking 29prisma 2MDLR compared to the Gerkes I found in 1.14! Not to mention that a Storm which might drop till 98 might be better?

€: Started my barb and am lvl 27! Really slow! Tried to make a Spirit for Barb and made TalThulOrtAmn......... new installation without RWM.......kinda lucky this didn´t happen on something important! :eek:

€2: Finished all Skillquests on my new Barb....played as Singer! Got a Crash afterFlayer Dungeon hell.....so had to replay whole part....while replayin I found my first Wizzy!During "regular" playthrough I found GUL + OHM, so in theory I could make a Grief now, but most likely waiting for a BER to drop!

Attachments

• Screenshot019.jpg
    Screenshot019.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot020.jpg
    Screenshot020.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot021.jpg
    Screenshot021.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot028.jpg
    Screenshot028.jpg