[Game Thread] HBO Rome Mafia Game

I am not the enemy!! I just care deeply about the Republic!! He's not a tyrant!!
1648827558031.pngNow, your best method of pleasing Leo is the warm, beating heart of an enemy. Oh, Leo says she don't like it, but they do! Makes them wet as October!

(modified woman/women to be Leo because yes.)

As D2DC tallied the votes and verified the results, he finally turned to me and nodded.

“Yes Zhao”, he said with a wry smile. “You won today’s vote. Are you ready for … D2DC after dark?”

“Of course I am”, I replied. “I had to jump through many hoops to get here.”

His smile broadened as he licked his lips, sizing me up. Wordless he turned and walked down a hidden corridor. I obediently followed.

We arrived at a door and he opened it to reveal an ominous room within. I entered without hesitation.

The room was very dark, in the middle was a shadowy figure sitting at a computer desk. As I made my way closer to the figure, I could make out the crazed figure of Noodle. He had blood shot eyes, dishevelled attire and his body was emancipated from malnourishment.

His eyes were glued to the screen, and he was furiously clicking away on his mouse. Occasionally he would let out a small chuckle then mutter, “The memes … I must find all of the Noodle memes. Only I may deem them worthy enough to be released for public consumption.”

Curiously I walked around the desk to see what he was viewing. To my surprise, the screen was blank and the computer wasn’t even powered on. His odd behaviour was beginning to freak me out.

Suddenly, he jolted his body so his gaze fell upon me. His crazed eyes felt like they were piercing into my very soul. Lifting his frail arm, he pointed his boney finger.

“You’re finally here Zhao, let’s take care of this so I can get back to my memes.”

Bright multi-coloured lights and loud oppressive sounds suddenly filled the room, overcoming my senses and I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, I found myself in the Leader’s Welcome Center sitting on a bench. The Leader’s Orientation video was playing in front of me.

But I felt different. I had a new perspective in life. I was filled with love and serenity.

The Leader is perfect. He will take us all to Blisstonia were we will have eternal bliss.

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
View attachment 80120Now, your best method of pleasing Leo is the warm, beating heart of an enemy. Oh, Leo says she don't like it, but they do! Makes them wet as October!

(modified woman/women to be Leo because yes.)

🏛️ Come, Pyro, I'm leaving now. Are you sure you won't come with me and defend our beautiful Republic?

🏛️Zhao, You are a thief. A foolish, incompetent thief. But we will treat your foolishness as some species of loyalty.

🏛️I do not like to argue with @Leopold Stotch , and clearly she's taken you for a pet.

🏛️Now, your best method of pleasing Leopold Stotch is the warm, beating heart of an enemy. Oh, women say they don't like it, but they do! Makes them wet as October!

🏛️Babyhell, if you be the right god for the business here, I call on you to help. If you would open this door, then I would kill for you a fine white lamb, or, failing that, if I couldn't get a good one at a decent price, then six pigeons.

🏛️Pyrotechnician, A womanish husband is no use to anyone. And your servants! What a fuss! I think you feed them too much.

🏛️Skjolde!, We were going to make him a body, with moving arms and legs, and do a mime show with real animals and everything, and...

🏛️Coju, You know I've always looked upon you as a son...

🏛️Huckit! Be reasonable! You're on every wall in the city with a knife at my throat!

🏛️Snickersnack! I betrayed nothing. Had you told me you were to march on Rome and asked me for my allegiance, I would have given it. I would've judged you insane, but I would've given you my allegiance because I look on you as my father.

End of D4:

Final Vote:
Babyhell (5): Zhao_Yue, Coju, Babyhell, Gorny, Skjolde
Huckit (2): Huckit, Leopold Stotch

Not Voting: Pyrotechnician, Snickersnack

With 5 votes, Babyhell is ELECTED.

<countdown till end of N4>

No more posting please.

Pompey and his allies have set sail for GREECE without ever having to face Caesar in BATTLE. There, they have reinforced their ranks while Caesar stayed "occupied" in ROME.

Pompey, Brutus, Cicero, and Cato return to ROME at the head of 10 legions and crush Caesar's rebellious forces which have been sitting complacently in the capitol for weeks instead of preparing for battle.

Brutus' mother Servilia is overcome with grief after the execution of her lover, Julius Caesar. However painful her suffering, deep down she knows that his death was the only way to save the Republic..

Congratulations to the Victors!
Coju: Pompey Magnus
Zhao_Yue: Marcus Cicero
Skjolde: Cato the Elder
Pyrotechnician: Brutus
Snickersnack: Servilia of the Junii

Edit: I'm on mobile at the moment, but will update with more role info/game details in a little while.

• Love
Reactions: coju
General game setup:
  • Phase 1: Caesar march to ROME
    • This was basically a race against the clock. Caesar would automatically march to a new city each night. Pompey and the Senators had 3 nights to declare him a public enemy, else JC would reach Rome a beloved war hero and fulfill his wincon.
      • Cato (Skjolde) if elected could declare JC a public enemy
      • Mark Antony (Babyhell) if elected would become Tribune of Plebs and have veto power over Cato's public enemy motion.
      • Pompey (d2lover/coju) if elected would have role-block power over Antony's veto.
  • Phase 2: Pompey maneuvers to Greece
    • Another race against the clock. Pompey would auto-march each night, and Caesar had 3 nights to engage him/the army of the Roman Republic in battle.
      • Mark Antony (Babyhell) if elected could target a player for battle. As long as that player was Pompey or one of his allies Senators (Cato, Brutus, Cicero), he would succeed.
      • Caesar (Huckit) has a negative day vote ability. Casting secretly by PM to remove a vote from another player.
      • Servilia (Snickersnack) had an "enchantress" (kind of opposite effect of MS enchantress) ability which basically prevented Caesar leaving Rome/not allowing Antony to attack anyone.
      • Atia (Leopold Stotch), JC's niece, had a role-block ability that would nullify Servilia's enchantress ability, allowing Antony to attack.
  • Phase 3: Brutus assassinates JC
    • Mini Asssassin-in-the-castle: If JC successfully attacked Pompey in battle, Pompey (coju) would have died, and all the Senators (except Cato): Brutus, Cicero would have reconciled with Caesar and returned to Rome. There would be a 1 day+night cycle for players to take actions, and as the following day started, Brutus would have to take his 1-shot assassination attempt.
      • Lucius Vorenus (Gorny) if elected would become a Senator/Bodyguard to JC, blocking the assassination attempt.
      • Servilia (Snickersnack) would be granted a 1-shot vanillaize ability to remove Vorenus' protection.
      • Brutus (Pyrotechnician), obviously gets the 1-shot assassination ability
      • Caesar (Huckit) has ultimate say on who is elected. Everyone would be free to vote, but only Caesar's vote would get Vorenus elected.
      • Cato (Skjolde) has a suicidal investigation ability. He may choose a player to investigate, and the results would be sent to Cicero (Zhao), but by taking this action he would kill himself (Cato).
Votes/Wincon setup:
Phase 1:
Pro JC march = Caesar, Antony, Atia, Servilia
Pro JC public enemy = Vorenus, Pompey, Cato, Brutus, Cicero
Phase 2:
Pro JC attack = Caesar, Antony, Vorenus, Atia
Pro Pompey march = Pompey, Cato, Brutus, Cicero, Servilia
Phase 3:
All wincons are along the same faction lines as phase 2.

* Servilia and Vorenus basically switch sides after Caesar is declared public enemy.

Last edited:
Thank you D2DC for a very interesting game!
I have some thoughts which I will share later, but I will say it was fun trying a vastly different kinda game at least the once I've participated in.

Looking at your write-up, I'll say I was really lucky to be elected on D1 and declare JC public enemy!

Thank you D2DC for a very interesting game!
I have some thoughts which I will share later, but I will say it was fun trying a vastly different kinda game at least the once I've participated in.

Looking at your write-up, I'll say I was really lucky to be elected on D1 and declare JC public enemy!
I'll post some thoughts later as well. Some things worked better than others, but it was certainly interesting to try out a new format/mechanic. Hopefully, everyone had some fun!

You getting elected so easily was certainly a surprise. You just had to play a bit of peekaboo with Batman, didn't have to claim much at all! :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High