Gah.... So close, and yet so far....

Matt

Jun 22, 2003
Gah.... So close, and yet so far....

So, thanks to Valar, who helped me HELL rush my barbarian, complete with skills and stat quests, my barbarian was level 48, only 5 levels from his final goal of 53....
So I recruit a friend, Blue, to help me level up in nightmare baals (believe you me, public NM baals are not a place to be with a no stat spending level 48 character)
We get him to level 51, and then.... I go and die. Left some burning souls in the back of the throne, just outside the main little chamber of it. Stepped back to avoid hydras, and got obliterated.....

Well, looks like I have a new after-wisdom-tooth-removal-project.... Re-Hell rush the barbarian, and level him to 53... So so close.. if I hadn't died, I would BE 53 right now. Ahh well, such is the life of a hardcore character ;) As Blue pointed out, hindsight is 20/20, should not have died, but thats easy to say now.

At least I get another hell and nm hellforge out of this whole ordeal... maybe I'll do better than ko or lum or whatever rune I got last time...

-Matt

Ouch.

Well, at least you didn't have his final gear waiting in his stash! (I hope)

I've done that before but with much lower lvl.

Was rushing a lvl <10 through hell mephisto in 1.09. Ran him around from one side into the portal after mephisto died. Then bam, slain by an evil force!

From now on, I send a new tp right near the red one.

Oh no, I know better than to have anything I would not want to lose sitting in his stash, thats all safely muled away until hes DONE with any leveling.

It might be easier to get to 53 in NM cows with a good enchant and a ravenclaw. Maybe even add a razortail and upgrade to kuko as you move up. Kuko is not very high reqs, you could equip it with pretty base stats with a handful of stat large charms.

As long as the red doesn't spawn surrounded by cows you should be able to clear them safely.

rachil0 said:
It might be easier to get to 53 in NM cows with a good enchant and a ravenclaw. Maybe even add a razortail and upgrade to kuko as you move up. Kuko is not very high reqs, you could equip it with pretty base stats with a handful of stat large charms.

As long as the red doesn't spawn surrounded by cows you should be able to clear them safely.
I agree - pretty easy to lvl a char to 53... when that's your goal.... since you weren't using ne stats till u were ready, suggest popping in as many decent life gc's to supplement life...

If u need a chant - let me know....

Wing

He doesn't want to use stats until he is the level he needs for all his gear, so that he can twink it all on with charms and equipment bonuses, without overspending any strength or dexterity.

You could do the math, look up the req's and bonuses of your final gear and invest the strength you need ahead of time, but that's somewhat annoying to compute.

You can kill just fine when naked with base str/dex as long as you have enchant and some charms, anyway.

Rimuladas said:
whats the point of not using any stats........
Yep, what rachil said, but also, its just FUN! I love going (on my duelers only of course) from a naked, no stat/skill character, up to a fully decked out killing machine in a matter of minutes. Going from zero to everything when I first make the dueler is so much fun.

-Matt

Valar-Wrath said:
"Is it really worth dying over?" is the question. :)

If I get a Mal Ist or Gul from my hell forge, and a Lum Lem Pul or Um from my NM forge, all will be well :thumbsup:

-Matt

Yes, its a dueler, and yes Cleglaw nailed it, eth kingslayer BB zerker. (FAR better than my last MLD zerker though, 1 or 2 frames faster, much more damage, and a good bit more life)

-Matt

Matt...did you get rich...or are u just like me....love dueling so much u scrape together every last possesion you own and get your Dueling supplies with it... :lol: those were the good days

I've been having good luck MFing lately... found a Perfect Maras which I traded for an Ohm rune, which I spent on setting up the barb nicely, though not completly. I then got 3 ed/ias jewels, at about Mal (on average) per. \

Had my old ed/ias'd arreats from my last barb. Got an AToD, and used jewels I found, its got 3 ed/max jewels in it, also a very nice rare tele ammy from my last barb... Oh, and I acqired a jewelers full plate mail of the whale from friends.

The charms are very nice, mostly small vitas I found with skillers/sharps I got for the ohm. So yes, I've gotten a bit richer lately. The runes for kingslayer, I also for the Ohm, and I just found another shako, which I hope to trade for ist, which I'll trade for a last ed/ias jewel, and be about done.

-Matt

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High